PDA

View Full Version : My computer tells me to restart when I enter Plains of Doleful Melody.

ziix
April 10th, 2010, 02:12 AM
I was playing my I gear and when I tried entering Plains of Doleful Melody from CC, my computer went into a blue screen that told me to restart the computer. I tried logging in again in my I gear and the screen showed again.
Then I logged in on my alt. gear in the same account and it works, but my computer goes to the blue screen whenever I try to enter Plains of Doleful melody.
Is this a virus, a missing file or just some fault in the patch?

Technopredator
April 10th, 2010, 03:23 AM
Try my guide (http://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=9833)

ziix
April 10th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Thx, but it didn't help much.
This is what appeared:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSoD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Windows_XP_BSOD.png

It's articled as a trojan in wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_notable_computer_viruses_and_worms
(check 2010 viruses)

So far it only appeared in AO (plains of doleful melody) so I did a virus scan,deleted AO and re-downloaded it:(

JOHNSON A FARTSHIRE
April 10th, 2010, 10:51 PM
It's in all likelihood not a virus. You need to find out what the error is.
To do this, right click on My Computer, go to Properties, and then Advanced.
Under "Startup and Recovery," uncheck "Automatically Restart."
Cause and take note of the error that shows up, then post it here.

ziix
April 11th, 2010, 03:31 AM
I unchecked automatically restart, but when I log into my IG, no error appears, but BSOD doesn't appear. I tried getting into plains in my alt charactar, and it works. (I entered the same way as my IG in an MG, from CC to plains)

Technopredator
April 11th, 2010, 04:29 AM
You need a technician to check your PC, BSOD is a serious error and looks like you don't know much about computers, so would be difficult for you to diagnose and fix. Even a Windows re-installation might not fix the problem since it can be hardware related and you need a thorough diagnose that only a pro can do and will take time.

My guide was something anyone can do to do a fast maintenance to the PC when it's operating within normal parameters, but something is causing your PC to go off limits. If a PC does not overheat, has all correctly configured, enough resources and processing power then then game will not give an error except for the occasional Winsock error, and this because the Internet get a lot of signal noise all the time and at some point is not possible to compensate, hence the data packets will get corrupted and they'll have to be resend and if too many of these occurs count as a disconnection and the game will exit, but that's about it.

JOHNSON A FARTSHIRE
April 11th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I unchecked automatically restart, but when I log into my IG, no error appears, but BSOD doesn't appear. I tried getting into plains in my alt charactar, and it works. (I entered the same way as my IG in an MG, from CC to plains)

So are you still having a problem? Or did it automagically fix itself?

AirBourne
April 11th, 2010, 03:06 PM
You need a technician to check your PC, BSOD is a serious error and looks like you don't know much about computers, so would be difficult for you to diagnose and fix. Even a Windows re-installation might not fix the problem since it can be hardware related and you need a thorough diagnose that only a pro can do and will take time.

Not always so, techno. I was having some trouble with some online FPSs I play a while back. The problem was I would get a bluescreen error after about 5 minutes
of excellent gameplay. I was able to completely stop the errors simply by
uninstalling the Razer Deathadder mouse driver I was using.

In any case, try to take note of what's running at the time, then see if you
can find out what's causing the error by stopping them one by one, save for critical system components. It may be as simple as a software conflict issue.

ziix
April 12th, 2010, 07:49 PM
So are you still having a problem? Or did it automagically fix itself?

I don't get to log into my I gear, cause the game closes when I get into my IG.

Technopredator
April 13th, 2010, 02:49 PM
@AirBourne: yes, not always, sometimes is as easy as to read what the BSOD and you figure what could be the problem and sometimes is really hard and slippery, getting to a conclusion that is the main board (the less probable cause), so to avoid more delays take a digital picture or transcribe what's on the BSOD and post it here, we might get it to solve it, but I doubt it, this seems a rather complicated case, that's why I suggested the pro assistance, but if you have the time, I have the will, post away... :)

JOHNSON A FARTSHIRE
April 13th, 2010, 04:49 PM
I don't get to log into my I gear, cause the game closes when I get into my IG.

If you'd like to try and get this resolved, please follow the steps I posted above and post your results.

Bump: Assuming you can get the BSoD again, that is. If not, you will want to start troubleshooting. First and easiest thing to do would be update your drivers, then I'd suggest using memtest86+ to check your memory's integrity. From there, it's pretty open-ended on what could be going on, from software incompatibility to general faulty hardware.

ziix
April 13th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Is it possible that hardware is responsible for BSOD? A little while ago I was gonna play my ALT MG then I get the BSOD (Last time I logged out from it was Plains of Doleful Melody, but unlike my IG, which went to BSOD right when I entered Plains, I was able to enter Plains with my MG without seeing BSOD until I logged back in.)
Can BSOD be resulted by Hardware, cause the mouse I'm using right now sometimes doesn't work while I'm using the computer (not only in ACE, but it suddenly just doesn't work.) But if it is the mouse that's causing it, why is ACE the only one that gets BSOD?

Oh, and I'll post the Digital image of my BSOD soon, I'm just waiting for my camera to be returned. (thx for helping me out btw, sorry if I'm causing too much trouble.)

Technopredator
April 16th, 2010, 06:03 AM
You're welcome, and yes hardware and driver problems are the most common cause of BOSD, try to update your mouse driver to the latest version and would be helpfull if you post the mouse brand and model along with the BSOD picture. You can also try to uninstall the driver and let Windows assign a compatible mouse driver.

ziix
April 19th, 2010, 11:02 PM
I updated my mouse driver, and I can log in again. I can't take the pic for BSOD anymore cause it doesn't appear anymore.
Thx a lot! :D