PDA

View Full Version : Calmer spawn in ice2?

NoMoreOrange
April 22nd, 2010, 04:15 PM
First of all I have to say that one of the biggest lies in this game involves the so-called hunting maps... I've been told time after time that "after 90 it's mainly 1on1, and you mostly fight one monster at a time"... Which I've discovered is BS. Even at one of the calmer spawns in ice1 that I've found, at least 2-3 new mobs spawn only halfway through killing the first one... 1on1... right.

And as for ice2, I still haven't found a spawn where I don't have to spam endless amounts of life and mana pots to survive. Several times I've found spawns I've thought were quiet, finding first 1 mob or so there... then halfway through killing that mob, 3-4 more spawn, and often these are turtle cannons or incubus summoners, ranged *****es, and even with a wolv I have to spam life pots like crazy not to get killed, leaving me with perhaps 1 shot per 2-3 seconds, which in turn leaves me no other choice but to use PS to actually be able to kill anything... which burns up mana pots at an insane rate.

I mostly party with my gf (an atalanta) in ice-maps, so in effect, that gives me two tankers... her and my wolv, and STILL we get swarmed by wave after wave of mobs, and have to spend most of the time running away... again, 1on1... mhm, sure.

As much as this may sound like whining, it's not, it's stating a fact. I'm not saying there's anything "wrong" with the ice maps, nor that it should be easier. I still enjoy the ice maps, but I don't understand how anyone could say that you "mostly fight one monster at a time" and that it's "one on one fighting"... Even i1 and i2 involves more instances of one monster at a time than any of the 9x maps. Running from or tanking hits from 3 or more mobs while just attacking one does not qualify as "1on1" IMHO.

However, to proceed to the actual topic of this post... Is there any calmer spot in ice2, that does not behave like a training map?

And yes, I'm posting this in the archer forum, as I am an archer and feel that this "problem" if you want to call it that has very much to do with the archers weaknesses. We can't tank anything in the 9x maps, and there is little we can do when 4 incubus summoners spawn on us and start spamming us.

Mira
April 22nd, 2010, 04:33 PM
Try the spawn near kevo you can lure one on bridge;)

Chislev
April 22nd, 2010, 04:36 PM
Well.... if you go there in a pike, a fighter or other imba char you will find they are 1v1....... But for us, lovers of not overpowered chars the thing is different and usually we must spent real amounts of time to kill a single mob.

For ice 1, there is a nice spawn i used many times and it is small enough for a 9x archer to handle, go past the first spawn and you will see a small opening to the right, turn there and there are some houses (farm alike), that's the spot, can easily play there without much stress. That spawn gave me my very first jera :D

For ice2, i like to use the spawn near the cave, once you get on the stairs and up to the tree, turn to the left, you will find a nice place to fight there and if you happen to get overwhelmed (sometimes it happen) just run upstairs and you are safe. Tried other spots in ice2 but none as convenient as this one and you don't even have to cross by any monsters to get there.

I hope this helps.

Oh, and don't worry, LoC and LT are worse, specially for us ranged ones since the ranged mobs there do some serious damage and have craploads of HP and absorb.

Shinrikyo
April 22nd, 2010, 05:34 PM
The Ice2 spawns around the entrance are 1on1. At least they are for me. And i'm what's considered one of the worst in the game. Try those, right after entering Ice2 on the left, and abit up the hill, behind those 3 trees towards the left. There are several slower spawns.

If you kill too slowly for the spawn to respawn *after* you killed something, lure it towards the lower end of the map, with the exit being towards your left. If that doesn't do the trick for you, nothing will...

ed teh gar
April 22nd, 2010, 07:17 PM
2 ranged chars?

Lure over the mountain into the old lure trap. No pots needed.

minkwarrior
April 23rd, 2010, 12:20 AM
I know of a spot where you can peacefully hunt in ice2. I use it all the time when I go semi-afk. I'll post a ss when I get home. ^^

VnSainT
April 23rd, 2010, 12:33 AM
there is a single spawn in alpha right at the entrance inside cave ...

Eudoxia
April 23rd, 2010, 12:54 AM
>< oh my gosh, they've changed all the spawns since i last played!! nooo whyyyy ;_;
i had the perfect solo spawn... ^^ well two of my spots still work! and no one goes there so you don't have to worry about players accidentally luring on you =D all the monsters spawn 1 or 2 at a time

try these ones:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc22/ladymacbeth_/maplala.pnghttp://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc22/ladymacbeth_/map2lala.png

vleeskees
April 23rd, 2010, 02:14 AM
now i know the spawns and im gonna 'accidently' lure on you guys
MUWHAHAHAHAHA :D

Mira
April 23rd, 2010, 02:44 AM
now i know the spawns and im gonna 'accidently' lure on you guys
MUWHAHAHAHAHA :D

that could happen to you:evil:

Plaguez
April 23rd, 2010, 09:45 AM
Hey Starboard, i'll be hunting during this weekend =) Pm me when you come on, and i'll be glad to show you the spot i use to hunt on ice2.

Most important skills i use to hunt are wolf, avalanche and wa, i hardly spend mana or life pots, actually i can save some mana pots and sell them later =) But yep, when like 4 turtles/incubus summoner spawns on you... the best thing to do, it's change to shield and take a run ^^ sometimes you can lure mobs wisely so wolf will be able to tank 2,3 or 4 mobs.

As Chislev said i believe LoC and ET will be harder for Archers, anyway still need to train some more to get there ^^

Hugs, Plague

BlackChaosMage
April 23rd, 2010, 11:39 AM
When you don't kill fast enough(like when you don't use mana), it does seem to get a little out of hand as far as monsters spawning. I hate to say but when hunting in a harder map, it's a MUST to use mana. I know it sucks, specially with the prices.

Partying is also a good way, but then again, if you're not killing fast enough, others get all the good drops. XD Only Good for staying alive.

Like someone else mentioned, luring from a spawn to a quiet area is good.

If things do get out of hand, summoning crystals like GS, Hulk, Iron, or Inferna Crystals helps tremendously. I always summon something when a DB shows up so I'm not swamped by everything.

The slowest spawn I found was a spawn in Ice2. It's to the left from the entrance. I usually go there if I'm watching tv or something. Kill a monster and then wait for the next.

I know I don't have an archer, but what I mentioned is pretty much universal.

NoMoreOrange
April 23rd, 2010, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I was kinda fearful that people would spam this thread with "lol, archers suck, play pike or fighter or stay out of 9x maps" or something along those lines <.<

BlackChaosMage,

Yes, I realize you have to spend mana to be effective, that really goes for any map as an archer, as perforation is the most efficient way to lvl, and perf = mana burning. However, our only really decent damage skill is PS (apart from ava, but that one leaves us standing and is only an alternative about 2/5 of the times), and that one burns HUGE amounts of mana and is NOWHERE near as powerful as i e chain lancer or CS or indeed many other damage skills. And even spamming PS for all your life's worth doesn't bring any mob down fast enough not to let any more mobs spawn.

Anyways, now I've found 2 or 3 nice spots that work well for me, based on the tips I've got here, so now I can start hunting a bit more efficiently :)

minkwarrior
April 23rd, 2010, 10:54 PM
Here's my usual spot in Ice2.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/minkwarrior/Priston%20Tale/2010-4-24-10-47-24.jpg
At the front is where the mobs are. Where I'm standing and at my back is the safe spots where the mobs back away.

You have to familiarize yourself with the spawn rate of certain areas so as to avoid conflict with other mobs.

My advice is try to keep at the edges of the spawn areas so as to avoid a surprise attack which would end in a quick and painful death.

Downhill is where Valento usually spawns. Those were the old days though. :)