PDA

View Full Version : Contest: Suba Games Film Festival

Poptart
September 28th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Show your Suba Games skills to the world by creating a short film in one of our many games or anything related to your reason for being a Suba Gamer! You can use programs such as Fraps/Taksi and send them to us! All films submitted will be compiled and uploaded to our YouTube channel where the voting process will begin. At the end of the Event Period staff members will be judging for the best display of skills and overall most entertaining film showcasing SUBA Games. The winners will be announced and their film will be available for everyone to see!

Contest Rounds
First Round: Top 10 Films
Second Round: Top 5 Films
Third (Final) Round: Top 3 Films

Film Rules
Film: 1-3 min. in length (Films over 3 minutes will be disqualified automatically)
Include: SUBA Games title and Game(s) title.
Music/Sound: Optional
Here are some free sites available to upload your work: FileFront, RapidShare, MegaUpload, MediaFire

Submit your uploaded film links to: contests@subagames.com
Be sure to include your "login id" when providing the links to your uploaded video.

Date
Start Date: Monday September 28th 2009
End Date: Wednesday October 28th 2009 (Last date to submit film)

Prize:
1st Place: 200,000 Suba Points
2nd Place: 100,000 Suba Points
3rd Place: 50,000 Suba Points
4th-10th Place: 10,000 Suba Points

Voting Rules
You must be a subscriber of Suba Games YouTube channel.
Each of our subscribers will be allowed to have 1 vote for each round of the contest.

Contest Rules
All applicants must be a registered user of Suba Games.
Videos that contain explicit content will be disqualified automatically.
There will be only one winner per IP address and or shipping address. (IP Address)
We are not liable for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, not received, stolen, or illegible entries.
This contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and all laws applicable to applicants.
All entries become the property of Wicked Interactive LTD., none will be returned.

SunnyZ
September 28th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Sounds like fun :D

Got to polish up on my video editing skills.

Good luck everyone!

FortunePaw
September 28th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Damn! I really need to start learning video editing and clean up at least 200G for fraps...

Chaplainsun
September 28th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Damn! I really need to start learning video editing and clean up at least 200G for fraps...

LOL, I love your siggy!

DerpFace
September 28th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Hmm seems te be funny :D.

Hope by end this date i get some nice shorts )))

Btw: Fix the lagg :C

ed teh gar
September 28th, 2009, 10:29 PM
1-3 minutes in length isnt fun.

I had a friend who made an epic 2 part video with plots story and epic bc battles etc etc and both parts were about 10 mins each.

first episodehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOsTt0RoxCQ
second episode http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JGZR13IP

3 minutes seems really limiting.

Moneecah
September 29th, 2009, 01:41 AM
I'd tried to make AMV's once..
But this would be awesome. :)
En 3 min. is enough. ;D

FruitTart
September 29th, 2009, 02:37 AM
I think 3 mins should be good enough... Let me try out my movie editor software..

ed teh gar
September 29th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Honestly it depends what your goin for.

Short films are generally longer then 3 minutes.

3 minutes is trailer size.

Moneecah
September 29th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Honestly it depends what your goin for.

Short films are generally longer then 3 minutes.

3 minutes is trailer size.

Idea?
You can make a pristontale trailer.
xD

Fala
September 29th, 2009, 03:48 AM
well yep this will be kinda hard to be under 3 minutes. since there were no rules made i think the content and kind of movie isn't relevant? -> music videos, short movie and so on...

Moneecah
September 29th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Yea, i was thinking of a music vid.
Or you can make a short, funny movie?
Or you can make a trailer?

There are lots of idea's
Or a movie with cool pics.

Poptart
September 29th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I'd love to see a Suba Lite and Forums video ... if someone could put a twist on that ... that would be something ....:rolleyes:

Moneecah
September 29th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Poptart;15704']I'd love to see a Suba Lite and Forums video ... if someone could put a twist on that ... that would be something ....:rolleyes:

I'm gonna try that. But if it doens't work out. I'll go for the musicvid xD

Poptart
September 29th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Just trying to throw some ideas out there for people.

but music video sounds intresting ... can't wait to see that.

I wonder if someone will post a video of themself at the PC playing one of our games or on Website :p

Moneecah
September 29th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Poptart;15833']Just trying to throw some ideas out there for people.

but music video sounds intresting ... can't wait to see that.

I wonder if someone will post a video of themself at the PC playing one of our games or on Website :p

xD
I think the vid about te forum etc. is a good idea.
Now im maken a music vid about the forum and suba lite. Alreay got 15 sec. :)

Rm0kara
October 1st, 2009, 05:02 AM
i hope swifty wins :)

tiwas
October 2nd, 2009, 11:12 PM
wow!!!
it nice i try capturing and editing video but not like this in the game
its more challenging i think in capturing video in the game specially in doing your moves....
(^_^)

IIYuriII
October 4th, 2009, 01:30 AM
how do you guy record video ingame ? do you guy have a video record in game ? omg someone need to tell me how to make it seriously i need to go to video editing class because these kind of event are for people that like to make video =[

ed teh gar
October 4th, 2009, 02:16 AM
how do you guy record video ingame ? do you guy have a video record in game ? omg someone need to tell me how to make it seriously i need to go to video editing class because these kind of event are for people that like to make video =[

fraps is the most common but i think it takes tons of hard drive space.

Poptart
October 5th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Great videos have already been submitted ... WOW some nice nice stuff.

If you have any questions about your video or would like my feedback on anything, feel free to pm with a link with your video and ill be more than happen to go over it for you.

ApocryphaB
October 5th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Poptart;19943']Great videos have already been submitted ... WOW some nice nice stuff.

If you have any questions about your video or would like my feedback on anything, feel free to pm with a link with your video and ill be more than happen to go over it for you.

Would it be possible to take out a video then put in a new one?

Poptart
October 6th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Would it be possible to take out a video then put in a new one?

Sure, just send in the email and they will apply the changes

Moneecah
October 6th, 2009, 03:45 PM
o god. I'm stuck at 20 sec. =.= Min. 40 sec to go xD

SunnyZ
October 6th, 2009, 10:28 PM
o god. I'm stuck at 20 sec. =.= Min. 40 sec to go xD

You should do what the TV show 24 does. Add a montage of a ticking clock that takes up 3/4 of the episode XD

Poptart
October 9th, 2009, 04:18 PM
You should do what the TV show 24 does. Add a montage of a ticking clock that takes up 3/4 of the episode XD

Sounds like another good idea, who said you cant just "rip" another idea thats out there.

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have received a bunch of films already and have been in contact of others that are working on them. I cannot wait to share them with everyone.

Remember there is still a lot of time to create your master piece.

Monkeynucleosis
October 10th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Poptart;22367']Sounds like another good idea, who said you cant just "rip" another idea thats out there.

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have received a bunch of films already and have been in contact of others that are working on them. I cannot wait to share them with everyone.

Remember there is still a lot of time to create your master piece.

I am creating a piece of mastery D:

~t

QuietRiot
October 10th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Mines will suck anyway ._.
Sorry guys.

Moneecah
October 10th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Mine too. I hope to make people laugh. So then theyll vote for it cuz its hilarious and not cuz its nice. xD

Poptart
October 16th, 2009, 10:24 AM
About 2 weeks left to submit your film link to contests@subagames.com.

Moneecah
October 16th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Poptart;26275']About 2 weeks left to submit your film link to contests@subagames.com.

Busy with it ;D

Poptart
October 21st, 2009, 11:39 AM
About a week left to submit your Film to contests@subagames.com :cool:

Poptart
October 25th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Today is Oct 25th .... 3 more days to submit your film!!!

Can't wait to show the top 10 to everyone! such great videos!

Remember don't forget to get your friends to Subscribe to our YouTube Channel! (www.youtube.com/subagames) and have them ready to vote for you !

SunnyZ
October 25th, 2009, 11:07 PM
OHH I can't wait to see all the submitted videos =D

I wish everyone good luck!

Moneecah
October 27th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Didn't have the time to finish mine, sadly.
Ahh next time better. ^^

SunnyZ
October 27th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Awh noo Moneecah. Quickly pump one out in windows movie maker. If ya need help pm me and I can help ya.

Moneecah
October 28th, 2009, 06:09 AM
:P
I'll post my unfished one soon. Didn't do it for the prizes, just for the fun. So i don't really care it isn't finished. ^^

EDIT//
Here's mine (Unfinished, not for the competition and still in windows movie maker)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=110HJDCG

Poptart
October 28th, 2009, 02:29 PM
:P
I'll post my unfished one soon. Didn't do it for the prizes, just for the fun. So i don't really care it isn't finished. ^^

EDIT//
Here's mine (Unfinished, not for the competition and still in windows movie maker)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=110HJDCG

you still have today to finish it ... think positive!

VladTheImplier
October 28th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Just finished mine (again) :V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QfFtaowHjA

I mailed suba again because i had another entry but i want to replace it with this one.

Moneecah
October 29th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Poptart;32128']you still have today to finish it ... think positive!

Nope, i had only 10 min. to be at my laptop yesterday. (;

Poptart
October 29th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Nope, i had only 10 min. to be at my laptop yesterday. (;

Don't worry about it ! This is just one of the many events and contests at Suba Games! If you missed out this time ... keep working on it ... you never know we might do another one.

Check Out the videos here http://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=2631 show your fellow community members your support by voting for their video!!!

Remember you have to be subscribed to our YouTube Ch. to vote!

Again thank you everyone who participated!!!!! great great job everyone... sorry we could only pick the top 10