PDA

View Full Version : Full server nation reset?

Pages : [1] 2

EchoSaviour
September 29th, 2009, 04:51 PM
I was thinking about how to really change things up. And a random idea came to my head. How about an opportunity to mix the situation up by wiping the nations of everyone allowing people to pick their nation again.

For starters, the direct benefits of this is that any inactive account would no longer be registered on the tax.

Also, it allows enemies / allies to be shifted around bringing a new dynamic to the fight.

I'll let the community decide this before we start taking measures on expanding ACE.

*NOTE: If there is no poll, it's still being made*

JKRevan
September 29th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I voted yes 3 months, but i think it should be longer time spans between such attitudes, and only if its Needed (like, Zomfg nation imbalance!)

the inactives being removed from tax equation is certainly a huge plus

Nwah
September 29th, 2009, 04:58 PM
YES. First of all this may fix the balance on the servers. And if its done every 3 months then thats even better, so that way tax is a lot more accurate towards how many people are on each nation.

Runt
September 29th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I like the idea but with a few ?s
How would that work? Would we keep all our inventory/spi if we switch, would the brigs WH be erased at that point, would we have to reset any stat points or do any missions over? Would there be lvl 92 Gears flying around undecided?

Oshima
September 29th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I concur with the removal of the inactives from the tax equation but I think it should be done once a year at most. Just have an update where the player must sign the EULA again or something or their character gets stored for x months then deleted.
Having everyone reset their nation choice is a recipe for disaster tho since it could lead to a greater imbalance than before. Limited GM transfers to select individuals has had little to no effect on current balance so that is what I would support versus having everyone make a nation choice again and risk a 100 vs 1 scenario where it is 61 vs 40 now. Moving entire brigades has been a horrid idea however and caused rifts in other entities of Ace and I do not support that.
The past has show us that server balance is nigh impossible to maintain as one group or another makes its way in or out for a period of time. Having a larger population of players would probably help more than this Echo as groups coming and going wouldn't affect the over all nation balance as much as they do now...my 2 spi.

FortunePaw
September 29th, 2009, 05:04 PM
It is a good way to spice things up and get rid of inactive account, also, the downside including constant brig changing, and some huge imbalance (like crap load of high lvs decide to stack 1 nation and screw the other for the lulz) issues may occure.

I'm not sure if I like it or not, still need some time to think about it.

EchoSaviour
September 29th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I like the idea but with a few ?s
How would that work? Would we keep all our inventory/spi if we switch, would the brigs WH be erased at that point, would we have to reset any stat points or do any missions over? Would there be lvl 92 Gears flying around undecided?

Inventory/SPI/Levels/Stat Points stay.
Missions get converted between the nations.
Cannot fly around undecided. Moment you log in you're prompted with the nation select.

The only unknown is the brig WH, which we will have to check. Safest method of course is to take everything out before hand.

Runt
September 29th, 2009, 05:13 PM
the downside including constant brig changing, and some huge imbalance (like crap load of high lvs decide to stack 1 nation and screw the other for the lulz) issues may occur.

This i foresee happening....

EchoSaviour
September 29th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Just so people know, right now there is no decision to do this. We're just gathering the poll data and player opinion on it.

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
September 29th, 2009, 05:18 PM
1. Unique idea. Brave idea. Perhaps stupid idea, we'll have to see.
2. Lots of people don't check the forums or speak english. Expect huge amounts of "OMG GM WUT HAPPENZ?" threads.
3. This could work very well, but it could also be terrible for balance and PvP. It would be easier to control by moving specific brigs/gears (5-10 people at a time) to weaker nations.
4. This would be fun to play with new people, yes. But I could forsee people stacking a nation for WP rapage, because people don't realize it's bad for the game as they are selfishhhh.

However, I do vote yes, because the pvp in this game is AWFUL right now. I've been playing AR more than AO because you can actually find wars during non-MS/base war times. AO I can fly through almost every neutral map with my BG and find 1 noob and no pvp most random times I log in. I'll do anything to increase population and pvp fun.

Monkeynucleosis
September 29th, 2009, 05:19 PM
The way I see it, this is what might happen:

Bunch of lvl 8x-plus players move to one side.
Bunch of lvl 8x-plus players farm SP's and MS's.
Bunch of lvl 8x-plus players collect large amount of WP.
Bunch of lvl 8x-plus players cause game's WP economy to die.

Players get bored.

Game suffers.

Some players may quit...

~t

PS: I do like that you guys are coming up with stuff to spice things
up though :) More reason for players to play this version versus
other versions of the game. Keep up the great work :D

//Edit: I do think this is a great idea to try though at least. Just
to see if it works out or not :)

IamRapt0r
September 29th, 2009, 05:21 PM
EchoSaviour;15939']Just so people know, right now there is no decision to do this. We're just gathering the poll data and player opinion on it.

If enough people agree, then you can try it once, and see how well it works for the community. But the brig's will be splitted up and gone...

EchoSaviour
September 29th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Recent patches have given us a lot more control. In the worst case scenario, we can actually block players from joining specific nations. And the only reason we brought up this nation reset is cause we now have the ability to do it really easily.

Monkeynucleosis
September 29th, 2009, 05:27 PM
If enough people agree, then you can try it once, and see how well it works for the community. But the brig's will be splitted up and gone...

Some brigs may break. However, the tightest of the bunch
may stick together and keep it alive.

EchoSaviour;15944']Recent patches have given us a lot more control. In the worst case scenario, we can actually block players from joining specific nations. And the only reason we brought up this nation reset is cause we now have the ability to do it really easily.

The fact that you said this really shows how much more advanced you
guys are than other versions :p I'm impressed :D
I do believe its worth a try. That's just my opinion.
Even if its only a trial period.

Two things I'm curious about:

Will there be a trial period of the nation reset?

If in the event that everyone decides this project isn't
working out, will there be a back up in the database
to bring the nations back to how they were before the
switch?

~t

EchoSaviour
September 29th, 2009, 05:29 PM
If in the event that it doesn't work out, will there
be a back up in the database to bring the nation back
to how it was before the switch?
~t

By the time you realize it's not working out, it would already be a massive rollback.

Hence the reason why we need to gather the data to begin considering it.

IamRapt0r
September 29th, 2009, 05:31 PM
EchoSaviour;15947']By the time you realize it's not working out, it would already be a massive rollback.

Hence the reason why we need to gather the data to begin considering it.

If this is possible, then its definately worth a try.

Monkeynucleosis
September 29th, 2009, 05:35 PM
If this is possible, then its definately worth a try.

Indeed. I definitely agree. If there's an available rollback
then it'll just be for fun, and no one loses anything right?
What about lost items during this period of time? Will that
be rolled back as well like a complete time machine warp,
or are there certain things that just won't go back for obvious
reasons?

~t

IamRapt0r
September 29th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Indeed. I definitely agree. If there's an available rollback
then it'll just be for fun, and no one loses anything right?
What about lost items during this period of time? Will that
be rolled back as well like a complete time machine warp,
or are there certain things that just won't go back for obvious
reasons?

~t

I think everything...absolutely everything goes back to what it was before. Only thing that wont go back is your own memories of that time :P

Monkeynucleosis
September 29th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I think everything...absolutely everything goes back to what it was before. Only thing that wont go back is your own memories of that time :P

I guess I'll Fraps some of those memories then ;)

~t

Oshima
September 29th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Well, since the ah, incident at HQ I have noticed a shift in both the Mods and GM in cleaning up some of the ah, uglier sides of the community like trolling and outright player vs player rage threads. This is good and will help keep the current playerbase where as before it made the forums and sometimes even in game chat unhospitable. Suba staff has a history of going well out of their way to restore and aid their players and that in and of itself will keep things going. Returning to scheduled events should also help attract and keep your player base. These things are important to those of us with long histories here or w/the game.
What we need now is to get new players hooked in via advertisement and promotions. I know this costs money but the larger the population of our playerbase, the more capital it should generate. This influx of players would also cause an increase in the PvP after about a month as they settle in and begin to assume daily roles in their respective nations. We have alot of people who are inactive based on the condition of the game at the moment and any choice like this should be made while the community is at it's prime anywho. Perhaps an accurate announcement of the nation population in Freeska might help sway nation decisions to these new players.
Outstanding inactive accounts (6 months) should be removed until the account is accessed again. This would remove inactive accounts from the tax pool and I feel that if they remain inactive for another 6 months (1 year total) that they are probably gone for good and could then be shattered into cyber dust opening the name and such for use by a new player.

The Tax system fails, we all know this. I like the idea of removing the inactives from the pool of accounts but I do not like the idea Echo presented here as a solution.

IamRapt0r
September 29th, 2009, 05:49 PM
I like the idea of removing the inactives from the pool of accounts but I do not like the idea Echo presented here as a solution.

Agreed, but its good to have a change whenever possible. Some people (atleast me) are fed up of the same old people QQing about certain things...and I would like it to change..atleast u'd end up having differnt ppl QQing! :V

But yeah, I think there is no harm in trying if there can be a massive rollback.

AIexanderp
September 29th, 2009, 05:50 PM
in the words of the demoman:

LEEETTS DOOO IIIIIT

if you keep a close eye on the balance with each reset and make sure each side has a decent amount of 80+ active gears, so long as frendship groups stay together this may help shake things up

to be honest some imblances in that game have lasted more than 3 months anyway so this would shake that up in those situations,

if people quit: good riddance all they wanted to do is win easy battles anyway (aghem stackers)

voted 3months

IamRapt0r
September 29th, 2009, 05:53 PM
in the words of the demoman:

LEEETTS DOOO IIIIIT

if you keep a close eye on the balance with each reset and make sure each side has a decent amount of 80+ active gears, so long as frendship groups stay together this may help shake things up

to be honest some imblances in that game have lasted more than 3 months anyway so this would shake that up in those situations,

if people quit: good riddance all they wanted to do is win easy battles anyway (aghem stackers)

voted 3months

Yeah, they can maybe control the % of 8x players moving?

Mike Cosgrove
September 29th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Once every now and then would be awesome.

Runt
September 29th, 2009, 05:56 PM
instead of doing it nation wide, why not just have a "Rush Week" every 3 months where there are open applications to switch sides? That way ppl can switch sides if they want, and GMs can still monitor them for stacking / balance? The only catch is the inactives.......

ImArchy
September 29th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Seems like a good idea, although the first time IF we do this, a lot of people will stack on ANI and then i cant fight 30 vs 1 anymore :<
but...I think the once every 3 months is a good idea. It will also add flavor to the game ;>

IamRapt0r
September 29th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Seems like a good idea, although the first time IF we do this, a lot of people will stack on ANI and then i cant fight 30 vs 1 anymore :<
but...I think the once every 3 months is a good idea. It will also add flavor to the game ;>

Also, some people that quitted might...MIGHT come back since it would be interesting to fight against some people that you have for so long, fought with and vice versa.

EchoSaviour
September 29th, 2009, 06:02 PM
instead of doing it nation wide, why not just have a "Rush Week" every 3 months where there are open applications to switch sides? That way ppl can switch sides if they want, and GMs can still monitor them for stacking / balance? The only catch is the inactives.......

We have a number of ideas we wanted to do, I'll give a few examples.

1: Any account thats inactive for a few months gets neutralized. (sent back to freeska)

2: Allow a one way nation transfer every election of X many people. And two way nation transfers via SP.

3: The two options listed on the poll

4: Nation transfer events.

IamRapt0r
September 29th, 2009, 06:03 PM
EchoSaviour;15976']We have a number of ideas we wanted to do, I'll give a few examples.

1: Any account thats inactive for a few months gets neutralized. (sent back to freeska)

2: Allow a one way nation transfer every election of X many people. And two way nation transfers via SP.

3: The two options listed on the poll

4: Nation transfer events.

Uh...how would #4 work exactly?

EchoSaviour
September 29th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Basically, whenever we have an event involving special mobs or items. A coupon can also be dropped. Players can trade in this coupon for a nation transfer.

IamRapt0r
September 29th, 2009, 06:08 PM
EchoSaviour;15980']Basically, whenever we have an event involving special mobs or items. A coupon can also be dropped. Players can trade in this coupon for a nation transfer.

Interesting...So since bgears can usually down goldies faster, they have a higher chance of getting it?

EchoSaviour
September 29th, 2009, 06:18 PM
It may be possible to modify drop rates according to GEAR.

IamRapt0r
September 29th, 2009, 06:22 PM
EchoSaviour;15986']It may be possible to modify drop rates according to GEAR.

Interesting....how often would these events be?

Mike Cosgrove
September 29th, 2009, 06:26 PM
EchoSaviour;15986']It may be possible to modify drop rates according to GEAR.

So can you modify drop rate according to name?

Like, any gear with the name of "Fattierob" gets a legend bigsmash? plz meng i ned

FenderJazz
September 29th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Interesting idea, though I think every three months might be a tad bit too often. Maybe every six months instead?

Shuffl3z
September 29th, 2009, 06:29 PM
this thread is awesome and opens many ways of making this game get's balanced , also for the 1 who said that the brig's might split up , well the leader of that brig can send a letter to ever 1 in the brig telling them where they r going ( like if they want to change or not so they don't get split up )
i would just go on my own to fight those ppl that i fought with and have alot of fun. 3 month's is a good idea.

e: u would still have ur letter's when this happen ( the nation reset )

Dx73r
September 29th, 2009, 06:35 PM
sorry echo...dont like the idea..... figth whit the BCU members,knowing that I hate for someones......

i just say no, maybe in every 5 months...

Pinoyisthenewblack
September 29th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Damn.. I like this ideas a lot.

I'm voting every 3 months because it's the only "periodical option", but as some say, it may be too often, but that's a minor detail on a great idea.

PLZ DO EET!!11!one!

Oshima
September 29th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Paid transfers I feel should be supported as anyone who throws money at Suba should get an option to move between the servers like in most MMO's. This would also help offset the cost of paying for a GM to do the transfer and I support this 100% if it is SERVERS, not nations.
Event prize of nation change coupon is also an excellent idea and the 'coupon' should allow the individual to bring 1-2 friends with him/her if they want (and the other indivuals wants it). It would basically be what you are doing now but hosted in an event setting versus being conducted in the background via pm's and e-mails. Would also allow you to host the event only when needed.
Changing nations during a critical time such as election period is iffy at best and should be VERY limited in quantity of people but I think it fits better with the politics in game. I don't like 'enternamehere' as nation lead so I will join the other side to fight against him/her.
Anytime whole brigades move about (into the game, out of the game, or switching nations) you see a ripple that could take months to completely settle down so the smaller the wave the better the results.

Nwah
September 29th, 2009, 07:00 PM
So can you modify drop rate according to name?

Like, any gear with the name of "Fattierob" gets a legend bigsmash? plz meng i ned

And then mobs will drop you a legend smash, but its only dark and is clean so your supreme is better anyways.

Bazarus
September 29th, 2009, 07:20 PM
the biggest issue i see here is that while there is a potential possibility of rebalancing the game it can also imbalance it. if the game is set to every 3 months we might see 3 months intervals of imbalance and balance. this can be fixed by the gm's personally handling some transferring but that might cause people to quit. I do like the idea though, just that making it work will be a challenge

lorterma12
September 29th, 2009, 07:54 PM
with a coupon if you can get and thus can make a transfer of chevere nation but also sounds good to be 2 types of coupons.

1 coupon which is the normal sides Transfer

2: Coupon transfer it limb from limb bone side that you exchange with people because the contracting side would not affect that way if everyone is going one side to the other

:)

Hawkerace
September 29th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Hey I'd enjoy it, but Ace online takes a month to investigate my account.

Hmmmmmm

Arturia Pendragon
September 29th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I think the 3 month thing might be the best way of going about things. AR tried switching individual ppl, and a lot of ppl on bcu went inactive around the same time, screwing the server balance even more. Sure, in the end it fixed itself but we cant rely on that happening here.

At least with the 3 months thing, it'll basically keep up with the inactives etc. Also like many others have said, it'll add some "Flavor" to the game. In the end it could turn out to be very good or very bad idea, but you guys have backups so I don't really foresee too many problems...(just the fact that if ppl act like total SMEGHEADS and stack nations will screw it over for everyone).

Another thing you could do is root out the stackers, and lock them on one nation...but obviously on as a backup and IF it happens.

|>~VOTED 3 MONTHS~<|

Oshima
September 29th, 2009, 08:13 PM
I would hate to have everything on my gear rolled back 1 month just because 20-30 WC's all thought it would be a good idea to band together. Yet using someone's level to determine if there is balance is wrong as time spent in game, equipment, skill, and willingness to cooperate all have an effect on overall balance.
The pendulum swings both ways, as it always has, and always will.

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
September 29th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Neither server is balanced now and Art has little to any pvp otherwise, so I'd say mixing the teams up couldn't hurt at this point.

Leo_Wavathar
September 29th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Neither server is balanced now and Art has little to any pvp otherwise, so I'd say mixing the teams up couldn't hurt at this point.

Any.
byteszzz

VladTheImplier
September 29th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Today's MS in Artemis was awsom wasnt it?

Leo_Wavathar
September 29th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Today's MS in Artemis was awsom wasnt it?

On the beggining I believed we could do it..
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7108/hopeeu.png

But... :/
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3585/hopeno.png

Nelsinho
September 29th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Yes - Once every 5 or 6 months.

im_not_poly
September 29th, 2009, 10:25 PM
i like the idea, the GMs will just have to give plenty of notice before they do it, and monitor the situation so 1 nation doesnt get stacked.

Updating steam
September 29th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Not sure if this was asked before:

What if the reset happens and no one or very few people switch?
And by very few, I mean not enough to fix balance, etc.

Just keep spamming resets?

Nelsinho
September 29th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Btw, today's MS was interesting, because we got a real challenge, we had to work had to get that Lv.9 MS down, sad part is that ANI couldnt defend it, since we had enough ppl to camp Arlington gate, defend EV portal and hit MS at the same time...

JKRevan
September 29th, 2009, 10:47 PM
EchoSaviour;15932']Inventory/SPI/Levels/Stat Points stay.
Cannot fly around undecided. Moment you log in you're prompted with the nation select.

The only unknown is the brig WH, which we will have to check. Safest method of course is to take everything out before hand.

Being a Transfered player myself, i can attest this, all was transfered, and all my mission were done with a exception

Not All pandean mission were resetted (i think i had to redo from lvl 65-ish mission up to 84's)

Leo_Wavathar
September 29th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Btw, today's MS was interesting, because we got a real challenge, we had to work had to get that Lv.9 MS down, sad part is that ANI couldnt defend it, since we had enough ppl to camp Arlington gate, defend EV portal and hit MS at the same time...

HEY, LOOK AT ME, I WRITE WITH BOLD LETTERS, LOOK!

And.. yes, indeed. Since you guys had enough to do all this stuff AND some afkers, hell yeah, funny game this is.

Monkeynucleosis
September 29th, 2009, 11:19 PM
My concern with this is the grinding done during this period and
it going wrong and not working out and us losing that along with
items we made. I would hate to lose items I worked hard for and
acquired during this time period and losing them because of some
stackers or because things just didn't work out as well as we hoped.
I'm with Oshima on that.....

Any solution in the works in case of that scenario Echo?

~t

gnosis22
September 29th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I think a "defection" system for brigs would be interesting. The brig leader could choose to defect to the other nation every 3 months, and the brig members can decide to stay in the brig and go, or leave. This way, it would be possible for entire brigs to remain together if they decided to switch sides.

However, there would need to be a very strong positive reinforcement (in terms of items, levels, exp, whatever) to keep the nations in balance, and if they are not in balance the losing nation gets big benefits to "entice" people to switch sides.

That would make for some interesting mercs in the game.

PallyVII
September 29th, 2009, 11:38 PM
I like this idea, it lets me choose the losing nation to help with balance. I say the 3-month reset is good. While I would hate to leave BCU, as I know people over here now, I would be willing to do this switch to play on whichever side does not have an advantage.

Snapshooter
September 29th, 2009, 11:55 PM
I concur with the removal of the inactives from the tax equation but I think it should be done once a year at most. Just have an update where the player must sign the EULA again or something or their character gets stored for x months then deleted.
Having everyone reset their nation choice is a recipe for disaster tho since it could lead to a greater imbalance than before. Limited GM transfers to select individuals has had little to no effect on current balance so that is what I would support versus having everyone make a nation choice again and risk a 100 vs 1 scenario where it is 61 vs 40 now. Moving entire brigades has been a horrid idea however and caused rifts in other entities of Ace and I do not support that.
The past has show us that server balance is nigh impossible to maintain as one group or another makes its way in or out for a period of time. Having a larger population of players would probably help more than this Echo as groups coming and going wouldn't affect the over all nation balance as much as they do now...my 2 spi.

+1 on this

CAPTAIN PLANET
September 30th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Hey I'd enjoy it, but Ace online takes a month to investigate my account.

Hmmmmmm

Hey, we're in the same boat!

BookiRetro
September 30th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I think a "defection" system for brigs would be interesting. The brig leader could choose to defect to the other nation every 3 months, and the brig members can decide to stay in the brig and go, or leave. This way, it would be possible for entire brigs to remain together if they decided to switch sides.

However, there would need to be a very strong positive reinforcement (in terms of items, levels, exp, whatever) to keep the nations in balance, and if they are not in balance the losing nation gets big benefits to "entice" people to switch sides.

Gnosis thats a good Idea.

As long as Brigade leader's get to keep their brigade name (don't reset it ) I'm all for it.

How about giving Nation Leaders more power. Let them choose 2 people to automatically send over to the opposing nation. But it'd work on a level basis. Say if the Leader sends over an 80x Gear, the opposing nation would be required to send over the same type of gear and the exact level gear from his/her own Nation. Restrictions would apply like, No Brigade Leaders (would mess too much with Brigs), No one under level 50.

This I believe, as I said before, would cause more people to fear/ love their leaders, not only that but also if someone doesn't follow orders, is a nuisance or a complete tool..... "Automatically switching to ANI/BCU in 5......4......3......2......1"

Let the public love and fear you.

JKRevan
September 30th, 2009, 12:40 AM
I like this idea, it lets me choose the losing nation to help with balance. I say the 3-month reset is good. While I would hate to leave BCU, as I know people over here now, I would be willing to do this switch to play on whichever side does not have an advantage.

Worry ot pally, im there ot tell you to grind your mgur =D

ArtoriusDivinus
September 30th, 2009, 02:40 AM
I really don't care, I'd go ANI again anyway, I dislike BCU maps, I dislike BCU town, I dislike Gina.

jasFreyja
September 30th, 2009, 03:03 AM
a lot of people would just go back to their old nation... and if there's imba everyone is going to pick the best nation.

also, this would make it so that entire brigades would be deleted...

so no keep it like it is. this is one of the worst idea's ever... you should keep it like it is, just put something ingame that allows people of the winning nation to join the losing one ;) (like a card that can be bought and which allows you to change your nation...)

but not like this ew no.

ArtoriusDivinus
September 30th, 2009, 03:13 AM
A lot of people join a nation for a reason, for me, I tried BCU, didn't like it, so I stick with ANI, even if Cruxis goes BCU, I'd stay ANI myself.

ArtoriusDivinus
September 30th, 2009, 03:25 AM
EchoSaviour;15944']In the worst case scenario, we can actually block players from joining specific nations.

Also, damn editing time, if you start blocking people from going the nation they want, they will quit, I certainly would, although until this lag issue is fixed I won't play that much anyway.

cyclone
September 30th, 2009, 03:48 AM
marble= failed before , this will too, bad ideal

Smygerian
September 30th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Got a Idea change maps and wh you know bcu on ani maps and ani on bcu would be a nice change not perm.

ArtoriusDivinus
September 30th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Got a Idea change maps and wh you know bcu on ani maps and ani on bcu would be a nice change not perm.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/image.php?u=69870&dateline=1242244905

Intercepter8X
September 30th, 2009, 06:35 AM
I said yes to every 3 months however i too feel the time should be a bit long say 5 months or so. as to Kicking players that are inactive so they dont against the tax. i thinkk these player should be expelled from the nation but no have their account deleted as some have suggested. (many people to include myself will got through periods when they cannot possibly get online, Military members, school children etc.) Also like the idea of moveing enitire brigs instead of individuals, that way brigs dont have to reform and get rerolled every rotation. Obviously there will be issues either way. 3 senerios i see occuring...and yes, yes i am insance.

Senerio I
people are bound to try and engineer a situation where one side overwhelms the other in Numbers and Level. ( Balance is bad for buisness and wp :P ...) However i think this will eventually lead to alliances and organizations forming within the game that will ultimately lead to competition as the pride will soon kick in.(gamers are very concieted creatures) The alliances will band together and follow each other, and compete with other alliances. soon nations will be more then ANI and BCU. it will be the alliances, the band of brigades who put there pride and gears on the line...

Senerio II
All the awsome brigades make a pact and band together randomly chooseing wich nation that want to control every rotation. win every war, every arena kill every boss. till eventually you got a bunch of high level gears decked out with the best equipment who (do to pride) will decnet from the band and go against them. eventually getting owned. labled noobs and rage quit

Senerio III
The player base will come together over a open discussion pannel an decide on a fair and honorable way to divy up players between nation that would incurage pvp and grows among the two nations... of course this will simply be a ploy for the band of Brigades that have allready secretly gotten together and decided the fate of the two nations. and will use the decision made durring the discussions to better plan their domination over the Ace online univers. mwahahahahahaaaha...

Farvid
September 30th, 2009, 07:14 AM
I disagree with it all, you have all your information when we have Mother Ship Wars, as you can see, there is usually a brigade that always, ALWAYS, gets in the top 3 (doesn't matter if it is 1, 2, 3) I believe that it would be easier, if you switched 1 brigade, and anyone else who is willing to go with that brigade to the other side. BUT if you must do a full reset, doing it every three months? you may create new dynamics, but, what about the old ones of friendship and team work(lol flight brigade ftw?). I think 1 full nation re-set is good, IF, it becomes more in-balance'd than before you can then go ahead and approach it as need be, (for ex: do another nation switch until you get it right), but that method, is not even a trial and error method, its a Jump Ship method. Thus meaning,

the best method is to have a controlled switch over to another side.
:edit: Do a game count, all the active players on each side, get a head, count, same for the other side, switch as needed, once it is split 50/x : cut off the people from join the 50 side, and make them join the "x" side

Farvid
September 30th, 2009, 07:25 AM
I really don't care, I'd go ANI again anyway, I dislike BCU maps, I dislike BCU town, I dislike Gina.

It's mainly the Gina part.

leon27607
September 30th, 2009, 08:20 AM
I disagree with this idea as it would cause many problems, sure some of you guys think this would be a good idea and it helps "Balance" nations. Thing is I highly doubt this would really balance things. Playing on one nation has made people have friends on a certain nation, without vent or any other form of contact, I doubt a lot of people are friends with people on the opposing nation. Most likely all people who are friends with each other would decide to pick the same nation, thus stacking a certain side, thus causing even more unbalance. Also there's the problem with brigs, doing this nation change would break up brigs(unless everyone decided to stay on same/old nation) and screw up the brig WH. For the developers it would be a pain to try to set up a system that would keep brig info among certain players. For example, if a brig leader switches side, would his brig be considered as the other side and the other members still on original side get kicked? or would his brig simply be disbanded?

AIexanderp
September 30th, 2009, 08:21 AM
heres an idea: multiply tax by 50 (1% is no differance) and make it affect exp

losing side gets exp bonuses all the stackers get exp -% to the point they get -100% and cant grind EVER cannot get any drops any killmarks or any wp or and cant buy anything, but have the choice to switch open for everyone

i think things would get balanced becuase this is like a springed inverse pendulum, if one side gets too heavy it swings so hard it cant recover and some weight has to be transferred to make it balance again,

then again i am an extremist ******* and this idea just makes me happy thinking all the rage it would generate becuase people are themselves selfish, if they would happily do what the agme needs and not what they need they would be fine but NOOOO

tldr: i am a utilitarian socialist, "the best for the most amount of people"

SweetIG
September 30th, 2009, 09:04 AM
i only got this to say about the idea,

QQ

<3 Qube:cool:

The Real Mighty
September 30th, 2009, 09:46 AM
The point is: BCU and Artemis have its own communities.
So I dont think that much would actually change. But I dont know. It's worth a shot I guess, I do however like the coupon idea ^^ :p

Leo_Wavathar
September 30th, 2009, 10:24 AM
heres an idea: multiply tax by 50 (1% is no differance) and make it affect exp

Good idea, bro!!

And... about those against the nation switch, here goes a hint: JUST DON'T SWITCH YOUR NATION! It's simple. If it's a brigade matter, talk to your briggies and select a nation you all.

Tbh, I'd not like (in my case) having a lot of BCU coming to ANI. People that I see as e-enemies becoming e-partiners.
But... well... server balance plis man mi nid , then.. :/
(Make all ANI/Art 86) :V

3DSerg
September 30th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Good idea, bro!!
(Make all ANI/Art 86) :V

^this
the bytes bit me D:

Dx73r
September 30th, 2009, 12:12 PM

Word!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bytessssss

Mike Cosgrove
September 30th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Maybe gina will defect too

FortunePaw
September 30th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Maybe gina will defect too

Then BCU will get no warning about wars, just a silent system message.

In the meantime, ANI will be like, *Monica*"A strategic point..." *Gina*"A strategic point..." *Monica*"...has been created."*Gina*"...has been created."

stumpy
September 30th, 2009, 02:12 PM
no will be to hard on gms trying to fix it while server is running and will make lag. kthxbai

reroll
September 30th, 2009, 02:28 PM
the downside including constant brig changing, and some huge imbalance (like crap load of high lvs decide to stack 1 nation and screw the other for the lulz) issues may occure.

I wouldnt worry to much about this, there are allways going to be brig rivalries inside each nation and ego's that dont mix. That alone should keep things check.

the brig's will be splitted up and gone...

Brigs built on a solid core of players will still be around, Immortal isnt going to vannish and your not going to see us crossing over to ANI, likewise I doubt if Cruxis is going to fall apart anytime soon or jump over to BCU.

So for the most part the nations will stay the same with a few new brigs constantly coming and going.

StukaBomber
September 30th, 2009, 02:35 PM
This idea would only create further chaos into the servers...Would bring great imbalance if one nation would be stacked by.. Brigade issues and much more. This would require MUCH WORK which really ISN'T NECESSARY.

If you are planning to wipe the inactives, I think this should only be done through email verification (again) every 6 months or so. Not verified = not registered into tax and non-activation of account.

Instead of cooking up of things like these.. I think it would be better for Suba GMs to focus on things which really matter - Lag issues, bugs, server crashes, upcoming patches/armours, compensation events, etc.

EchoSaviour
September 30th, 2009, 03:01 PM
This idea would only create further chaos into the servers...Would bring great imbalance if one nation would be stacked by.. Brigade issues and much more. This would require MUCH WORK which really ISN'T NECESSARY.

If you are planning to wipe the inactives, I think this should only be done through email verification (again) every 6 months or so. Not verified = not registered into tax and non-activation of account.

Instead of cooking up of things like these.. I think it would be better for Suba GMs to focus on things which really matter - Lag issues, bugs, server crashes, upcoming patches/armours, compensation events, etc.

The Lag issue is being dealt with as we know what the problem is. We're just waiting on the hardware to arrive.

And the amount of work to do a full nation wipe on a server is literally a click of a button for us so it's really not a lot of work.

Bugs is something we can always report, but it's up to the developers to fix so that takes time.

Server Crashes go under the bugs category.

Upcoming patches / armors also require developer communication. People have to remember that there's a 12 hour timezone difference between us and them so communication isn't constant.

Compensation events is in the works.

So yeah, it's possible to do all that you mentioned. People just need to learn that real life isn't as fast as the internet.

Oshima
September 30th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Oooooooo compensation events...I like the sound of this. If it involves Lolipantsumechas, I'll like the sight of it too. Had to run to the PT section to smack a few of them around who got to talking bad about you Suba staff members. Seems they forgot that RL isn't as fast as the interwebz just as much as some of us did.

Pinoyisthenewblack
September 30th, 2009, 03:17 PM
gimme the 1900% wp hh naaooo!!!

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
September 30th, 2009, 03:43 PM

JohnWayne gets elected -> All of Revo goes ANI.

Wait, actually, this is exactly what we want. Please implement this NAO.

Also, Artemis is fixable by just switching revo, no one on BCU wants us anyways, just check all the WC logs. do dis pl0x.

VladTheImplier
September 30th, 2009, 04:10 PM
gimme the 1900% wp hh naaooo!!!
Yea this.

DarkWuIf
September 30th, 2009, 05:41 PM
+1 :)

im_not_poly
September 30th, 2009, 06:50 PM

Also, Artemis is fixable by just switching revo, no one on BCU wants us anyways, just check all the WC logs. do dis pl0x.

i agree with doc.

Alexander
September 30th, 2009, 06:53 PM
do it echo
do it

Kaiser07
September 30th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Reseting the nations? It could be a nice experiment, new teams, new nations and probably new strategies

Trollpoke
September 30th, 2009, 07:17 PM

last time i checked they had most of lnd's info. or they could probably get it by asking.

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
September 30th, 2009, 07:31 PM
last time i checked they had most of lnd's info. or they could probably get it by asking.

We have access to 5-6 ANI gears. But no secondary passwords, etc. and some are low level (read: not 8x)

Trollpoke
September 30th, 2009, 07:33 PM
what the hell are u talking about. jeffo is on swift, and jay is on me. and some1 else can use kromi.

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
September 30th, 2009, 07:40 PM
what the hell are u talking about. jeffo is on swift, and jay is on me. and some1 else can use kromi.

Yeah I forgot Jay had your account, my bad. and I play Swifty more than Jeffo or swifty does D:

Trollpoke
September 30th, 2009, 07:53 PM
fact: lnd is played by revo more then lnd. therfore we are all spies.

FortunePaw
September 30th, 2009, 08:02 PM
fact: lnd is played by revo more then lnd. therfore we are all spies.

http://i38.tinypic.com/1rf7za.jpg

Gentlemen?

Nwah
September 30th, 2009, 08:05 PM
And havok is playing some gear called Reality.

Ic3man27
September 30th, 2009, 11:12 PM
i like this...itll give us a chance to meet people we hated before xD >:)

StukaBomber
September 30th, 2009, 11:45 PM
What ace needs is to gain a lot of player database...If you want PvP, get more players into the game. Help your low level players...train them and support them.

This idea is bound to fail!

JKRevan
October 1st, 2009, 12:16 AM

and i assure you no ani wants you either

Ebra
October 1st, 2009, 12:35 AM
as what echo sayd early that he can control easy of this "Nation Reset" , then i am totally on with this idea .

WheelJack
October 1st, 2009, 01:30 AM
This is fail man, a server reset!!! Really after you and the rest of GM's stated no resets ever.

What a way to nullify all the accomplishments of all those players and brigs that actually try. Maybe the severs were in betters hands with Z8 games? But then again I never had much faith in any of the GM's

A server reset does nothing but support the QQ'ers and whiners, and if people are that bored then they can go and make new characters themselves. They will be just holding another nations hand.

ShouldNotBeL1on
October 1st, 2009, 01:34 AM
I think it's a good idea. It would be nice to change things up a little. It would also help fix the server unbalance because a lot of players from a major ani brig would probably all switch over, wink wink. Who from BCU would welcome the no skill, grind horing, communist, core gooners?

FortunePaw
October 1st, 2009, 01:39 AM
This is fail man, a server reset!!! Really after you and the rest of GM's stated no resets ever.

What a way to nullify all the accomplishments of all those players and brigs that actually try. Maybe the severs were in betters hands with Z8 games? But then again I never had much faith in any of the GM's

A server reset does nothing but support the QQ'ers and whiners, and if people are that bored then they can go and make new characters themselves. They will be just holding another nations hand.

Did you just skipped all those pages or you are trying to troll? It's NOT a server reset, it's NATION reset, which means you can keep all your stuff, you just have the chance to choose a nation again.

God... ln2read.

TurboBlaze
October 1st, 2009, 03:14 AM
EchoSaviour;15922']I was thinking about how to really change things up. And a random idea came to my head. How about an opportunity to mix the situation up by wiping the nations of everyone allowing people to pick their nation again.

For starters, the direct benefits of this is that any inactive account would no longer be registered on the tax.

Also, it allows enemies / allies to be shifted around bringing a new dynamic to the fight.

I'll let the community decide this before we start taking measures on expanding ACE.

Wow i've read half this thread , i just signed up to this website a while ago and i can already tell that you're a really smart GM who thinks things through AND asks others' opinions beforehand.

You mentioned in another post that there will be nation wide transfers and other kinds of transfers , this is a VERY good idea as it's not available in any other version of the game plus you mentioned that you can monitor how many players join/quit a certain nation so it doesn't get overcrowded.

So now for my question , will server to server transfers be possible? (if not now , in the future) because that's a whole other thing.(Oshima stated that if there was such feature it should be a cash shop item , also a good idea)

WheelJack
October 1st, 2009, 03:42 AM
Did you just skipped all those pages or you are trying to troll? It's NOT a server reset, it's NATION reset, which means you can keep all your stuff, you just have the chance to choose a nation again.

God... ln2read.

I read enough it is still reset and I'm not for it. I do not see how this well help the server at all.

And I would really like to know how many players are actually here and their levels.

If people are that worried of balance they should level their characters and and stop *****ing and be competitive. Instead of wanting hands outs like this cuz their upset.

And if this is the direction the GM's choose, and assuming I stay after this proposed disaster I would spend my time trying to break the server rather than support it.

ArtoriusDivinus
October 1st, 2009, 03:47 AM
I read enough it is still reset and I'm not for it. I do not see how this well help the server at all.

And I would really like to know how many players are actually here and their levels.

If people are that worried of balance they should level their characters and and stop *****ing and be competitive. Instead of wanting hands outs like this cuz their upset.

And if this is the direction the GM's choose, and assuming I stay after this proposed disaster I would spend my time trying to break the server rather than support it.

Inactives will no longer influence tax, you can actually try playing on the opposite nation for 3 months, it'll help balance IF the GMs do monitor things to avoid supastacking.

I myself, as stated earlier, will probably go ANI again every time, but it's still a nice concept.

Maverick74
October 1st, 2009, 06:32 AM
I don't think this is a good idea eather.
Keep it the way it is,just remove inactive accounts.
I'm voting NO

Farvid
October 1st, 2009, 07:45 AM
Would there be new elections hosted if there was a full switch, or would the nation leads stay on the their side, through out the switch

Smygerian
October 1st, 2009, 09:36 AM
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/image.php?u=69870&dateline=1242244905

FFFFF UUUUUU MR TROLL if nothing nice to comment don't comment

Redrock98
October 1st, 2009, 09:54 AM
this sets up easymode for alot of players who dont want to pick up slack
it will make the community a bit lazier we have to remeber that individual transfers don't work but a brigade defection system like Gn0sis said would be better since it only transfers brigades and may help to even out
for those who do want to fix the balance and not stack like a individual person would

No to individual transfers under this nation reset system

Yes to brigade defection transfers with this you have a controled situation and not a retarded situation if you allow random people to be transferred readily since this would bring about a **** ton of scamming since you would also move random idiots/scammers/MANGINEEDSPIPLOX

TL;DR move people that you know well and more than likely have a set quota for fame like 4-3k a set amount of war participation ect the works

activate it only when necessary and close it when things even out or we get new players

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
October 1st, 2009, 10:08 AM

You didn't read the thread.

LEVELS WILL NOT BE RESET. YOU WILL NOT LOSE LEVELS OR ITEMS OR WP OR SPI. YOU WILL NOT LOSE YOUR STUFF. THIS ONLY CHANGES THE NATION YOU ARE ON IF YOU WISH TO SWITCH NATIONS. IF YOU DONT WANT TO LEAVE YOUR SIDE, YOU CAN STAY ON YOUR SIDE.

This does nothing to the game other than make the PvP more balanced and switch up the nations. If you play on Artemis, you'd notice that BCU has 3-4x the amount of gears online during wars and events. It's not balanced, it's not fun, it's incredibly boring.

WheelJack
October 1st, 2009, 10:36 AM
You didn't read the thread.

LEVELS WILL NOT BE RESET. YOU WILL NOT LOSE LEVELS OR ITEMS OR WP OR SPI. YOU WILL NOT LOSE YOUR STUFF. THIS ONLY CHANGES THE NATION YOU ARE ON IF YOU WISH TO SWITCH NATIONS. IF YOU DONT WANT TO LEAVE YOUR SIDE, YOU CAN STAY ON YOUR SIDE.

This does nothing to the game other than make the PvP more balanced and switch up the nations. If you play on Artemis, you'd notice that BCU has 3-4x the amount of gears online during wars and events. It's not balanced, it's not fun, it's incredibly boring.

I did read mr caps lock. I am against all forms of reset maybe you did not read my posts well enough.

ArtoriusDivinus
October 1st, 2009, 11:05 AM
FFFFF UUUUUU MR TROLL if nothing nice to comment don't comment

You calling moi a troll.

I'm flattered. :V

Anyways, **** you, if you want nice, go to the Hello Kitty online forums.

StukaBomber
October 1st, 2009, 11:16 AM

+1 !

WE share the same sentiment, mate.

StukaBomber
October 1st, 2009, 11:21 AM
On the side note, 75% of AO Players don't even know about this thing...'cause 75% of AO players rarely or don't visit the forums at all (heck, in my brigade...I guess me and techno are the only ones who visit the forums on a not-so regular basis).

If you want this, you might as well make this game like other MMOs where you create a room and choose what side you're in *cough* crossfire *cough*... where nobody would give an F on anybody on the same room.

Ace Online is about developing communities and strong bondings as a nation. You work together to get something done..this proposal is just going against every odds of building this theme!

JKRevan
October 1st, 2009, 11:32 AM
On the side note, 75% of AO Players don't even know about this thing...'cause 75% of AO players rarely or don't visit the forums at all (heck, in my brigade...I guess me and techno are the only ones who visit the forums on a not-so regular basis).

If you want this, you might as well make this game like other MMOs where you create a room and choose what side you're in *cough* crossfire *cough*... where nobody would give an F on anybody on the same room.

Ace Online is about developing communities and strong bondings as a nation. You work together to get something done..this proposal is just going against every odds of building this theme!
This proposal makes it possible to fix naiton balance, which equals fun for evryone involved

you are NOT forced to switch... you are ANI, ypou get freeska'd, Guess what? YOU CAN CHOOSE ANI AGAIN! MAGICAL! so can all of your friends and briggies and what not....

this is a very good purposal, just need that little tinkering to become perfect

StukaBomber
October 1st, 2009, 11:35 AM
This proposal makes it possible to fix naiton balance, which equals fun for evryone involved

you are NOT forced to switch... you are ANI, ypou get freeska'd, Guess what? YOU CAN CHOOSE ANI AGAIN! MAGICAL! so can all of your friends and briggies and what not....

this is a very good purposal, just need that little tinkering to become perfect

Oh..okay, what if two of the most powerful brigades in ANI stays together and switches to BCU while the rest of BCU stays the same.... MAGICAL!!

Doesn't take a Trainee to figure the answer on that one... FAIL! Nation Balance, huh?!

EchoSaviour
October 1st, 2009, 11:48 AM
Stop arguing about the issue.

This is just a topic I brought up to gather information and insight on. There is no plans to do anything like this.

If you don't like it, state your reasons and don't argue. If you like it, state your reasons and don't argue. Whats the point of arguing over something that is strictly for our own informative needs.

KrisKros
October 1st, 2009, 11:52 AM
The big problem is that there needs to be bigger consequences for choosing a nation to stack it. Like someone suggested make the taxes 500% higher for a duration to promote choosing the not as stacked nation. Problem with that is that the level stacking isn't affected by that kind of tax. You could have the top 50% in levels on 1 side and the lower 50% on the other and not have a tax for either side but we all know it wouldn't be balanced.

I suppose that you could set it up such that everyone gets nationless but when they log back in they have to go to their ORIGINAL nation. This would eliminate the accounts that are lost and gone forever and would show the true imbalance in the taxes.

Nwah
October 1st, 2009, 11:56 AM
Making tax penalize XP would make stackers leave lickity split.

Pinoyisthenewblack
October 1st, 2009, 12:26 PM
echosaviour;17000']this is just a topic i brought up to gather information and insight on. there is no plans to do anything like this.

o:

|:

;_;

GrandSkyDemon
October 1st, 2009, 12:29 PM
ONCE IN A YEAR, and i might approve it. DO IT LIKE IN EVERY ANNIVERSARY THIS GAME GETS.

jopaks
October 1st, 2009, 01:03 PM
ONCE IN A YEAR, and i might approve it. DO IT LIKE IN EVERY ANNIVERSARY THIS GAME GETS.

It's just enough...
Maybe some goodies in-game during anniversary :D

Tongbal4t
October 1st, 2009, 01:17 PM
EchoSaviour;15922']I was thinking about how to really change things up. And a random idea came to my head. How about an opportunity to mix the situation up by wiping the nations of everyone allowing people to pick their nation again.

how can you guarantee that server reset would balance the server??what if all leading brigades would go to one nation(lets say without the consoltation of other brigades and they just go with their own decision)??

Trollpoke
October 1st, 2009, 01:20 PM
why not reset the nations for gears once every 3 months, but not the account.

so an ani account would always be ani, but the gears would be neutral if the account is inactive.

this may not fix the balance problem, but it fixes the tax problem.

Oshima
October 1st, 2009, 01:27 PM
why not reset the nations for gears once every 3 months, but not the account.

so an ani account would always be ani, but the gears would be neutral if the account is inactive.

this may not fix the balance problem, but it fixes the tax problem.

I like this idea alot.

EchoSaviour
October 1st, 2009, 02:46 PM
Considering all this is still a hypothetical situation, people should be putting up ideas and not taking it as fact.

If you think it's a bad idea, put up your suggestions then. The last thing I want here is the endless speculation on entirely false information.

Oshima
October 1st, 2009, 03:03 PM
Are server transfers still out of the question Echo? As in moving a BCU Art brig to Prelude and and Ani Pre Brig to Artemis.

EchoSaviour
October 1st, 2009, 03:09 PM
Server transfers are remarkably difficult to do manually but if we took the time to develop the tools it may be possible. Problem is that our tech team is much too busy to do that. Until then though, server transfers are a no.

Oshima
October 1st, 2009, 03:15 PM
I feel Suba should invest the time into developing these tools since they have them for many other MMOs on the market currently. I would also encourage that it be a paid service (unless the situation warrants it) since even with the right tools it would require being directly handled by a GM. It would still only offer a temporary fix however and I feel there is no permanent fix to balance in a PvP oriented game with only 2 teams. Modern games such as Warhammer suffer from this same exact issue.

jasFreyja
October 1st, 2009, 03:17 PM
EchoSaviour;17154']Server transfers are remarkably difficult to do manually but if we took the time to develop the tools it may be possible. Problem is that our tech team is much too busy to do that. Until then though, server transfers are a no.

ok echo, this idea is quite bad to be honest. you MIGHT get a better situation... but there's also the chance all the 8x gears are going to be on one nation.

like... on prelude immortal, cruxis, LH AND ks on one side? that'd be horrible, and possible.

a good idea would be, removing all the inactive accounts. (yes, people could qq because they want to come back after like 6 months) but it's just necessary, also you could make it unable for players to join the winning side. (like impossible to join the nation with the most NCP?) and stuff like that.

with your idea there's only a 50% chance things will get better. it's a 50% you shouldn't take, it should be 100% or not. because if things DO go wrong, gm's will get flamed for it, and more people will quit.

Ebra
October 1st, 2009, 03:28 PM
I feel Suba should invest the time into developing these tools since they have them for many other MMOs on the market currently. I would also encourage that it be a paid service (unless the situation warrants it) since even with the right tools it would require being directly handled by a GM. It would still only offer a temporary fix however and I feel there is no permanent fix to balance in a PvP oriented game with only 2 teams. Modern games such as Warhammer suffer from this same exact issue.

i actully begin to enjoy BCU/pre since that when we get outnumbered We get more KM's tho =P and it is hell alot of fun to camp a whole nation with only 2/3 forms :p , u just need the Skills that's all.

on topic : well since most of the ppl want to try the 3 month reset nation , then we should test it on in the next month ( if it is possible to do ) and those ppl who Do not Aggre with this , They are sure the stalkers that want Free WP/SPI without doing anything , so let them burn in fire and lets us enjoy this.

P.S: to the ppl Say that brig will go stack to 1 side , well when u want to chose a side it will tell u the Tax on that nation if it is higher or not ( decreasing the amount of HH and other things on the high population nation) That way there wont be stalkers or a brig's that stick to 1 side.

SoulSin
October 1st, 2009, 03:34 PM
There is no point stacking a winning nation.

Players would quit out of borreness and would change nations right after.

Ignoring of course the masochist's (like me) who love to stay in the losing side.

Nwah
October 1st, 2009, 03:47 PM
There is no point stacking a winning nation.

Players would quit out of borreness and would change nations right after.

Ignoring of course the masochist's (like me) who love to stay in the losing side.

I like being on the losing side too.

Oshima
October 1st, 2009, 04:18 PM
I like being on the losing side too.

Been on both sides of the coin several times over. No preferance beyond staying BCU (Ariya rebel forces? ARF? No thanks) as fun can had be found in being the winning or losing nation. Losing because of numbers or superior gears? Pull a Stealthy and launch a guerilla campaign that's sure to make their Leaders pull their hair out and curse. Winning without any effort on your part? Head on up to GARK or Sunshine and start farming for some end game goodies, go boss hunting, or just go ahead and start the grind to your next level.

ArtoriusDivinus
October 1st, 2009, 04:19 PM
i actully begin to enjoy BCU/pre since that when we get outnumbered We get more KM's tho =P and it is hell alot of fun to camp a whole nation with only 2/3 forms :p , u just need the Skills that's all.

on topic : well since most of the ppl want to try the 3 month reset nation , then we should test it on in the next month ( if it is possible to do ) and those ppl who Do not Aggre with this , They are sure the stalkers that want Free WP/SPI without doing anything , so let them burn in fire and lets us enjoy this.

P.S: to the ppl Say that brig will go stack to 1 side , well when u want to chose a side it will tell u the Tax on that nation if it is higher or not ( decreasing the amount of HH and other things on the high population nation) That way there wont be stalkers or a brig's that stick to 1 side.

Sooo... for wanting to stay in ANI Prelude, which btw I've been in since this version of the game launched over a year ago, I'm a stacker?

NovaVortex
October 1st, 2009, 04:46 PM
i dont really think nation reset is a good idea.

1) people will all stack on 1 nation, just like passworded arena rooms, there is a higher chance of imbalance rather than balance.

2) in the mist of all these server lag problems and website issues, it will just create more problems, questions and chaos, can u guys really handle it?

3) players returning from a long break will get a great shock and u will receive many queries on that, so be prepared.

4) it doesnt teach good moral to kids playing AO by turning back on your once good comrades/brigade, spoils the sense of belonging and loyalty. how do u feel when your nation lvl 92 whom u look up to has just switch over to the other side? and u will lose communication with some of the friends u grew up with in your original nation

5) the spi tax really dont matter, how about making the weaker nation +% chance when enchanting, this factor will really balance things up, even if its 1% or 2%. or +% item drop for weaker nation. or +% min/max for weaker nation. all these works.

If u guys are really gonna do this, i suggest rather than doing it all at once, is to provide everyone with a nation reset card. in that way, ppl have a choice to wait and see wat happens, and with the new balancing system mentioned in (5) in place and able to be view by anyone on its current status at any time, it will definitely make people think twice to stack.

Need4Sp33d
lvl 85 IG
BCU Prelude

Shuffl3z
October 1st, 2009, 04:54 PM
Sooo... for wanting to stay in ANI Prelude, which btw I've been in since this version of the game launched over a year ago, I'm a stacker?

no u r not , i c u fighting with all wot u have got and u have reason why u wasn't able to grind to high lvl also u was at the time when BCU was outnumbering ani and u didn't go to BCU to get free WP's and other stuff but instead u stayed at ani so the ansower for ur question is no , u r not.

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
October 1st, 2009, 05:10 PM
Thought 1:
Do nothing and have servers be imbalanced, boring PvP where 1 nation dominates numbers, active gears, and levels (CURRENTLY HAPPENING)

Thought 2:
Transfer a brig/group of wanting players from stronger nation to weaker nation to help balance. Might do nothing, it might help balance, it might swing the balance to the weaker nation.

Thought 3:
Complete nation reset every 3 months. No guarantees that the server will be more balanced, people might stack, balance might get better or worse, no way to predict beforehand. Would be very fun to "switch up the teams" for a 3 month stretch to form alliances, bonds, and partnerships with new players and brigades.

I've always been a fan of #2, since we are currently in #1 and the game's pvp is terrible ATM. #3 is Echo's plan and it is interesting and could be very beneficial to the server. There's also nothing set in stone for Resetting nations, then asking brigs to transfer after 1 month if it is uneven for better balance. I'm actually 100% behind Echo's theoretical idea of a complete reset, followed by voluntary movement of a major brig or 2 to fix any stacking that occurred during the move. Tickle me interested.

Look, not saying any of these 3 plans will ever make the game perfectly balanced, but it could not hurt to try to fix it, as balance and PvP is atrocious right now.

Oshima
October 1st, 2009, 05:21 PM
No matter what is implemented, the first step is an open discussion and we seem to be well on our way in that area. A lot of very good ideas being tossed into this thread.

jasFreyja
October 1st, 2009, 05:47 PM

i think exactly the same as nitro...

i wouldn't move from bcu prelude for anything... i been there since i started and love it. don't want anything to change that.

so call me a stacker, i stack the losing nation allright...

Zadier
October 1st, 2009, 05:57 PM
The nation balance is indeed a huge issue in the game right now. (As a member of ANI Artemis at the moment, I am starting to tire of losing more than one MS war or SP defense because we couldn't keep up with the sheer numbers on the BCU side) So, I suppose that a nation reset every few months or so would be a good idea to consider. The problems that could wind up being created by this though, are rather troublesome.

There is, of course, the obvious problem of players purposely stacking one nation so that the other has no chance of defeating them. This is the main issue to be addressed. While this could possibly be resolved by simply blocking players from joining a nation once the population becomes too high compared to that of the opposing side, people will likely complain about this and it hinders players' ability to freely choose the side they wish to fight for. The solution, in my opinion, is to use tactics that, while they do not explicity force someone to join the nation with less people, provide a large incentive to do so. The current tax system ingame is highly ineffective, since SPI rolls in pretty quickly, and shop prices are too low for the tax to be very noticeable. Instead, what if the side with less people received a happy hour type bonus that increases item/SPI drop rates, experience rates, and possibly even WP multipliers based on the ratio of nation populations? To prevent people from purposely stacking nations so that they are on the numerically inferior side in order to get huge advantages over other players, the bonuses should be capped at some point (say, +200% and -50%?). If the population imbalance is still far too great, THEN perhaps hard caps on the amount of players allowed to join a nation should be implemented, by restricting players from joining a specific side if the population is a certain percentage higher than that of the other nation. This percentage could possibly rise as the total number of players on each side increases. Example: BCU is only allowed to have 110% the population of ANI when players on the ANI side number less than 100 (this is a hypothetical number, used purely for convenience in this example), but this is raised to 120% after ANI has 200, 130% at 300, etc. Players would not have to make a choice immediately, but they would be prevented from going anywhere other than FREESKA and Stones Ruins until they made a choice. The choice would be presented to them again whenever they logged back in, or went to the mission breifing room to confirm their choice. This makes it imperative that a player join a specific side in order to play, but does not force them to join a specific side if they do not wish to, allowing them to wait for the limitation to be lifted in order to join a side if they truly wish to.

Should these suggestions be implemented, then in order to ensure that players are able to make an informed choice regarding the nation they wish to join without regretting their choice for the 3 months or so until the next nation reset takes place, I think that the nation choice screen should include valuabe statistics regarding the status of each nation on a specific server. This information should include: total population of each side, the current ratio of players in the two nations, average level of players on each side, and the current bonuses (or anti-bonuses) provided to each side. The interface might also, if possible, include a function that allows a player to find what nation another player has currently joined. This would allow people to make a decision based on the nation their friends are in, if they wished to do so.

If the makers of this game read the above suggestions, I sincerely hope they will implement some of them if they decide to add the 3-month nation reset to the game.

Thank you.

Radlnferno
October 1st, 2009, 06:04 PM
i dont really think nation reset is a good idea.

1) people will all stack on 1 nation, just like passworded arena rooms, there is a higher chance of imbalance rather than balance.

2) in the mist of all these server lag problems and website issues, it will just create more problems, questions and chaos, can u guys really handle it?

3) players returning from a long break will get a great shock and u will receive many queries on that, so be prepared.

4) it doesnt teach good moral to kids playing AO by turning back on your once good comrades/brigade, spoils the sense of belonging and loyalty. how do u feel when your nation lvl 92 whom u look up to has just switch over to the other side? and u will lose communication with some of the friends u grew up with in your original nation

5) the spi tax really dont matter, how about making the weaker nation +% chance when enchanting, this factor will really balance things up, even if its 1% or 2%. or +% item drop for weaker nation. or +% min/max for weaker nation. all these works.

If u guys are really gonna do this, i suggest rather than doing it all at once, is to provide everyone with a nation reset card. in that way, ppl have a choice to wait and see wat happens, and with the new balancing system mentioned in (5) in place and able to be view by anyone on its current status at any time, it will definitely make people think twice to stack.

Need4Sp33d
lvl 85 IG
BCU Prelude

the main problem with the bolded section is...there will be people who keep the nation reset cards, then go, "o, the other nation is winning, i'm going to use the nation reset and transfer to the other nation", thus making it even worse. personally, i think having a nation reset every 3 months, or even every half a year an exciting change. working with people you once considered enemies and build new friendships and cooperation. ^^

also, if you think about it, 1% chance for enchanting isn't much....maybe if you gave the winning nation a min/max penalty or the losing nation a min/max buff

B1indSighted
October 1st, 2009, 06:10 PM
here is a solution to the circle of friends/brig staying together. the gm's should make it so that only the brig leaders have the power to transfer, and wherever he goes, so does the brig and everything with it ie. brig wh. if you dont want to go to the nation your brig leader is going, then just leave the brig and pick the nation yourself. in other words, only the people who doesnt have a brig can pick for themselves. if you are in a brig, you go where your leader is going. if you dont want to go with him, then leave the brig and decide yourself :D

and about the imbalance issue, the gm's can make it so that each nation can only have so many brigs with so much fame. example: lets say each nation can only have up to 50k fame. and lets say cruxis has 10k fame combined. so the nation cruxis is going to can only have certain amount of brigs with fames that adds up to 40k. it doesnt really make sense right now. i had the idea couple minutes again, but i lost it while typing the other part :(

NovaVortex
October 1st, 2009, 06:10 PM
forgot to add something to my #141 post

6) if u nation reset every 3 months, ppl will sure use this opportunity to transfer weapons/equipment across nations. Also, People holding 2 accounts, one in ANI & one in BCU can finally meet to trade, and people holding 2 accounts on same nation can split one on each side to become spy. Imagine a typical scenario, i hold 1 account on each nation. when SP spawn, i will log in the nation that is likely to win, and get 300 WPs. when MS spawn, i will log in the nation who is attacking, and get max WPs. After 3 months of maximizing my gains, my both accounts can go back on 1 nation to consolidate the gains together. What happens during this process? 1-sided SP wars, 1-sided MS wars.

7) if this is implemented, but certain that scammers will use this opportunity to make use of the uncertainty of trusted players. Like u are not sure if this is the real XXXXXX or he has transferred over to the other nation.

Another suggestion to this nation reset idea. Instead of making it permanent, make it an event. Where u can temporary choose any side u want, play that side for a week, enjoy SP, MS, Outpost, etc... and then at the end of it, the system will return u back to your original nation. This event will occur every 2 months or so.

Need4Sp33d
lvl 85 IG
BCU Prelude

Nwah
October 1st, 2009, 06:15 PM
Make tax penalize XP. Oh look tax is fixed. That way when theres bunches of stackers, sure they can go on the other nation, they'll just level really slow.

NovaVortex
October 1st, 2009, 06:24 PM
the main problem with the bolded section is...there will be people who keep the nation reset cards, then go, "o, the other nation is winning, i'm going to use the nation reset and transfer to the other nation", thus making it even worse. personally, i think having a nation reset every 3 months, or even every half a year an exciting change. working with people you once considered enemies and build new friendships and cooperation. ^^

also, if you think about it, 1% chance for enchanting isn't much....maybe if you gave the winning nation a min/max penalty or the losing nation a min/max buff

that's why its crucial for people to be able to see the current tax/bonus rate. and its like +1% chance for every 10 more players on the other side, it will prevent stacking, i am sure of it.

NovaVortex
October 1st, 2009, 06:28 PM
Make tax penalize XP. Oh look tax is fixed. That way when theres bunches of stackers, sure they can go on the other nation, they'll just level really slow.

then one side will be all Wing Commanders warring nation who stop grinding, and the other side will be lower lvl grinding nation

Nwah
October 1st, 2009, 06:31 PM
then one side will be all Wing Commanders warring nation who stop grinding, and the other side will be lower lvl grinding nation

And thats not how it is already?

Oshima
October 1st, 2009, 06:42 PM
Imagine a typical scenario, i hold 1 account on each nation. when SP spawn, i will log in the nation that is likely to win, and get 300 WPs.

Man oh man. There is so much in these two sentences that it is ridiculous. The fact that this happens now, even under the current system, should tell you how badly this would be abused.

*edited* I think I will just leave it as this for now.

PallyVII
October 1st, 2009, 08:51 PM
What I think would be best, and probably a wishful thought, would be to have the top brigade leaders congregate and agree on if their brigade as a whole will move, individuals will move, etc etc. That way we can balance things.

On second thought, perhaps another poll after this one, along the lines of "would you transfer to the losing nation or the winning nation, or pick based on the tax?"

L1onn
October 1st, 2009, 09:03 PM
This is the GREATEST idea I have ever seen.

L1onn
October 1st, 2009, 09:07 PM
Everrrrrrrr

Shuffl3z
October 1st, 2009, 09:18 PM
This is the GREATEST idea I have ever seen.

;D (byteeeeeeeeeeeeee)

xabes
October 1st, 2009, 10:20 PM
Nice idea. :D

but i think a lot of ani player qill go to bcu side.

ShouldNotBeL1on
October 1st, 2009, 11:41 PM
I agree that individuals should not be allowed to switch. I believe only brigs with at least 10k brig fame should be allowed to switch to prevent nation stacking. This would also allow the balance of the server to be fixed which would increase the pvp.

ShouldNotBeL1on
October 2nd, 2009, 01:09 AM
I believe I have the best forum name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

5n1p3
October 2nd, 2009, 01:41 AM
I'm all for it, as it stands on artemis regardless of accounts there are always 10x the numbers on bcu in wars. Be it from stackers, non warring cowards, or just lazy 525 loggers. It is getting old going through 3 full a gear rape carpets while dodging the lag inducing hawky spammers (mind you even spamming when noone is coming) to meet the other half of the nation at the gate of the map with the SP, and still have a ton of a gears at the SP. I for one am sick of hearing "the server is balanced", if you think it is so balanced try counting again. Though 3 months is kind of a short time frame try for 6, and the taxation of the stacked nation's xp would be a good incentive to keep it balanced. But as for me i will only leave ANI if we are the stacked nation. Have done it once will do it again if i have to, with or without my brig.

ShimriX
October 2nd, 2009, 02:49 AM
im gonna say that i can see tg's and wc's and the 4(?) hero's stay put on there current nation unless you are a noob tg and cant kill, but vets and lower will often change depends on the month they are having, and these "noobs" will often change to the side which is winning or slightly in the lead. Thus creating a nation on TG+ verse an originial established nation of decent players (tg+) and 1000 "noobs".

consequences:

1 side has a huge tax cause of the noobs jumping ship to who ever won the most the previous months

slowly one nation becomes better as they have more players and or noobs to be cannon fodder

this would be funny, every single player choosing the same nation (lol) <--

i chose 1nce every 3 months but i like to shake things up even though i dont like some of the cencequences.

you should have a 1 time change 3 months later if it is unfair change back to the original nations, this gets rid of the inactives and the tax problem they create.

FortunePaw
October 2nd, 2009, 05:12 AM
im gonna say that i can see tg's and wc's and the 4(?) hero's stay put on there current nation unless you are a noob tg and cant kill, but vets and lower will often change depends on the month they are having, and these "noobs" will often change to the side which is winning or slightly in the lead. Thus creating a nation on TG+ verse an originial established nation of decent players (tg+) and 1000 "noobs".

consequences:

1 side has a huge tax cause of the noobs jumping ship to who ever won the most the previous months

slowly one nation becomes better as they have more players and or noobs to be cannon fodder

this would be funny, every single player choosing the same nation (lol) <--

i chose 1nce every 3 months but i like to shake things up even though i dont like some of the cencequences.

you should have a 1 time change 3 months later if it is unfair change back to the original nations, this gets rid of the inactives and the tax problem they create.

The problem is that they can't just "change it back". It's either a full server rollback or just another nation wipe and everybody has to choose again.

AnimaxSquareCow
October 2nd, 2009, 05:54 AM
I think 1 server reset would be ok but every 3 months?? sry but thats useless. i think that ppl know what we r need to do for a balance between our nations ---> result 1 reset is enough

~ANI forever~ even with a reset ...thats my home :<

ShouldNotBeL1on
October 2nd, 2009, 02:09 PM
If only the brigs with at least 10k fame and 30 members are allowed to switch then nation stacking could be prevented. If only one strong, well established brig was allowed to switch over once every 3 months then the balance in the game could be attained. And also, there should be an increase in tax for the winning nation to also prevent nation stacking. Perhaps the losing nation should receive a 10% exp bonus for example. The reason prelude is so unbalanced right now is because ANI decided to grind to high level. If BCU had an exp bonus considering they are the losing nation, they could catch up to ANI’s level and help fix the balance.

Oshima
October 2nd, 2009, 03:12 PM
Reset all accounts and e-mail everyone the EULA again. Have them click to confirm their acceptance and to reactivate their account so that they can log in again. This wipes 99% of the inactive accounts (even those others are currently 'using').
Then let things lay as is for a month and gather some data on player population throughout the day. Peak times for the different nations and what not. Only then do I think you can get a semi-accurate idea of how stacked certain nations are.

Intercepter8X
October 4th, 2009, 06:38 AM
ok echo, this idea is quite bad to be honest. you MIGHT get a better situation... but there's also the chance all the 8x gears are going to be on one nation.

like... on prelude immortal, cruxis, LH AND ks on one side? that'd be horrible, and possible.

a good idea would be, removing all the inactive accounts. (yes, people could qq because they want to come back after like 6 months) but it's just necessary, also you could make it unable for players to join the winning side. (like impossible to join the nation with the most NCP?) and stuff like that.

with your idea there's only a 50% chance things will get better. it's a 50% you shouldn't take, it should be 100% or not. because if things DO go wrong, gm's will get flamed for it, and more people will quit.

Why is everyone so quick to say say remove inactive acounts. simpy make it that if a player is inactive for a certain period of time they're put on "Away" status or something and have them not count against the national tax. there are people out there who want to play (this guy) and cant cause patch issues. some people are in the military and will get deployed, and if they come back alive they'll want to keep playing. Life happens yo. sometimes life happens for months at a time, and screwing people for it doesnt make sence. Especially when there are other just as easy option availiable.

im_not_poly
October 4th, 2009, 07:08 AM
i dont think they would reset the nations to fix up tax, its just an added benefit.

IGAllan01
October 4th, 2009, 08:58 AM
My pure aplogies,seems i cant understand the thread
does it mean all poeple will go back to level 1?
and all items will dissappear?
uhm i would say no,since i have worked hard for all my items and level ,
it would be unfortunate many poeple will quit if this happends all poeple will go back to the start,if i`m wrong would you explain to me further?,i am currently confused by the suggestion

IGAllan01
October 4th, 2009, 09:08 AM
I understand it...i had reviewed the suggestion,it is very cool,it would be nice to meet new friends and new server,i would suggest this every 3 months,it`s very cool suggestion like what l1on said,i would go prelude since the server is like a ghost town and has less poeple in an sp but i dont know maybe all poeple will go prelude lol.

Polysaccharide
October 4th, 2009, 09:24 AM
I think everyone is missing the fact that Echo could just lock nations so that both sides have even numbers when selecting.

I've been playing another game that just came out and that's what they do. Once one side gets to ~52% they lock it and make everyone chose the other side till it becomes 50% again.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

Kojiro
October 4th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I think everyone is missing the fact that Echo could just lock nations so that both sides have even numbers when selecting.

I've been playing another game that just came out and that's what they do. Once one side gets to ~52% they lock it and make everyone chose the other side till it becomes 50% again.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

Sounds really good to me. If they really wanted to play BCU, for example, they could simply select another server.

For those that really want to play with their friends, I see nothing wrong with fighting against them for fun.

Still, I find it hard to lock down this "nation balance" thing. If Echo implements this idea of unregistering gears that have sat idle for more than a certain period of time, then I think this idea would work.

Otherwise, people would simply surge back into the game at some point and kill the nation balance.

Might be interesting to see the combination of both ideas. Have a Nation lock out and a nation reset for idle gears. So, if someone ANI wants to play again because they hear ANI is rocking BCU (or vise-versa) then they may be forced to play BCU when they start playing again.

I wonder, however, if this would frustrate a significant group of people that like to play only during good times for their nation. And whether this idea would make them quit . . .

Dunno . . . just thinkin'

ArtoriusDivinus
October 4th, 2009, 11:28 AM
AR gms locked down nations, didn't go very well, hell, it caused BCU Helix to have a 9 month curbstomping streak.

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
October 4th, 2009, 03:33 PM
AR gms locked down nations, didn't go very well, hell, it caused BCU Helix to have a 9 month curbstomping streak.
Not the same. They prevented new accounts from being made for lag purposes, had nothing to do with balance.

Redrock98
October 4th, 2009, 04:32 PM
this sounds like a good idea on paper but we all must remember the variables like power hungry people or nation stackers or scammers
just remeber these few words

On paper it seems ok But in actuality it migth be one of the worse things that could possibly happen and in the past prelude has suffered for this in a small scale
Now imagine on a grand scale echosavior
look at what some prelude players have resorted into doing stuff when they "lose"
it might work for Artemis because its slightly bigger and people actually care about PVP but really on prelude its going to be a joke because on both sides theres power hungry idiots and people who resort into lowbrow tactics into flamebaiting people from that server not to mention its smaller and full of people who just wants wp's and not worry about the state of things

TL;DR on artemis yes but on prelude you must wait because you guys have done some mistakes in that server all because of the lack of patience
and ani and also bcu prelude payed for it with constant imbalance.

Rialto
October 4th, 2009, 08:16 PM
While this is a great idea it will likely only lead to an imbalance. There a number of possible issues.

One is that high-levels have a habit of grouping with each other due to their mutual dislike of any one under a certain level. Worst case scenario they will all just team up and pick the same nation and then you know what will happen from there.

Another is that if a particular nation on a server wins more wars then people from the nation that wins less often may exodus to the winning nation causing a very bad power imbalance.

However I love this idea and feel it is still worth exploring and tweaking but at the moment i have to vote no

Redrock98
October 4th, 2009, 08:26 PM
While this is a great idea it will likely only lead to an imbalance. There a number of possible issues.

One is that high-levels have a habit of grouping with each other due to their mutual dislike of any one under a certain level. Worst case scenario they will all just team up and pick the same nation and then you know what will happen from there.

Another is that if a particular nation on a server wins more wars then people from the nation that wins less often may exodus to the winning nation causing a very bad power imbalance.

However I love this idea and feel it is still worth exploring and tweaking but at the moment i have to vote no

so true either way we have to wait on a certain server before something like this is done. i dont know about artemis but i sure as hell do know prelude is not ready for it.

Hydro.
October 4th, 2009, 09:06 PM
This good idea. Wouldnt mind having some different morons in BCU to laugh at.

****ty players who would stack wouldnt make a difference anyway.

Better players who actually strive for balance who would transfer would make a difference.

It'll be like a membrane with a potential pressure differential - it'll result in a change of faces and overall a "stable" environment.

CaptainTino
October 4th, 2009, 09:25 PM
just a thought:

you can follow the path of the infamous "SCO LNS Player chooser" :P (For those of you who dont know, it only selected a random bunch of players and the first "150" (or another number) to say yes were accepted)

Through this sytem you can limit only accounts with level -60 (or -70) characters have the CHANCE of being asked (not EVERYONE is asked) and this goes for both sides. and there is also a limit (say 50 people) that can go from one nation to the other, so all of ANIs newbs can move, but those "power hungry" infamous PWNAGE leet level killers, are "stuck" with the nation they chose :D but the low levels have the chance to say, "ya know, im gonna switch"

now, there's also the backfiring fact that newbs (you know, the guys you laugh at in the dens because they're litterally getting farmed) are more likely to switch to the winning side.

Nlceboom
October 4th, 2009, 10:48 PM

+1 with Gnosis it will be good because our entire brigade/friends were moving with us

Bandro
October 5th, 2009, 12:06 AM
THIS IS MADNESS!!

I didnt know that if I choose once every 3 months my items/exp/crap will stay :V

I change my decision to Once every 3 months! :D

Gunchi
October 5th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Wait, what?
And what if it gets even more unballanced? O.o
Or you're going to set like a limit of players in eah nation?

Also you'd have briggades divided, and people complaining, etc. I don't have any problems with fighting my friends or being brigmates with my old enemies, but what about the rest of the people? The BRs would go mad lol

IIYuriII
October 5th, 2009, 01:33 AM
this is cool. finally i can join BCU and stay in BCU because i don't like to rebellion side for some reason.

3DSerg
October 5th, 2009, 09:46 AM
I think im going to go in BCU for 3 months grind in nurbake and then come back to ANI.So yea i voted for once every 3 months :D

Leo_Wavathar
October 5th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Had to QQ somewhere:

YO, MENG! I HEARD YOU LIKE 525 , THEN I'LL COMPENSATE YOUR 525 GIVING A BETTER 525 ON 525.

And we got a normal 515 today. D:
Where's the compensation due to friday? :/

Dragonkat101
October 6th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Horrible idea Echo. And won't solve the underlying balance problems that occur when one nation or the other gets stacked. and knowing human nature in online games. (We want the most as fast as possible no matter what it does to the game) plus the mentality of most pvp where winning (and winning through any means be it cheapness, camping or stacking) is all that matters. All such an idea will do is make a bad situation even worse when it comes to AO's ability to keep a long term playerbase.

If you really want to deal with population problems this is a half arsed way of doing it. start by trying to find a real incentive to pick the lesser side, and a real disincentive to stack past the piddily tax hike that AO has now, and doesn't do jack to prevent the stacking we have now.

Cause honestly when one side
A: refuses to even bother going to wars outside MS/SP (Hi ANI Artemis!)
B: Is totally outgunned by A-gear stacking (Looking at you BCU!)
C: Forces those trapped in the 4x range to sit in relic or other safe zones grinding for a small eternity for even 50% of a level.

AO ISN'T FUN! It's a pointless timesink that I'm glad I've currently taken a break from. As my gaming time is limited thanks to RL, and grinding mindlessly without even the possibility of decent pvp in a game meant for pvp combat defeats the whole damn purpose. And I'll tell you right now an idea like this wouldn't draw me back either. Or incite me to tell my friends to try the game. Which is the biggest problem right there.

AO needs ideas to get new players interested, not ideas just so the 8x elitist crowd has a new shiny they can use to mess with everyone else every 3 months. and anyone who says this wouldn't be abused... I've got some beachfront property on Mars to sell you.

EchoSaviour
October 6th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Had to QQ somewhere:

YO, MENG! I HEARD YOU LIKE 525 , THEN I'LL COMPENSATE YOUR 525 GIVING A BETTER 525 ON 525.

And we got a normal 515 today. D:
Where's the compensation due to friday? :/

Sry, that one completely slipped past me. I'll try to remember the next 525 (When you're working long shifts and long hours, you tend to forget there's a day and night. I still think it's August 16...)

JKRevan
October 6th, 2009, 10:12 AM
EchoSaviour;20599']Sry, that one completely slipped past me. I'll try to remember the next 525 (When you're working long shifts and long hours, you tend to forget there's a day and night. I still think it's August 16...)

Then we have news from the future for ya =O

The answers had come!

Redrock98
October 6th, 2009, 10:46 AM
hm something that has been bothering me with this possible implementation of a full nation reset will be the mercenaries
they could work both ways sabotage or support and from the looks of prelude it might end up in sabotage
But i digress this will be a foreseeable problem on the servers

JaySlaw
October 16th, 2009, 06:47 PM
I don't think Taxing a nation alone is enough to prevent players from stacking, to be honest xxK spi rise due to tax is just chump change.

I think there should be more ramifications for the "more populated" nation to suffer other than SPI taxing. What i'm about to propose is undoubtedly resource heavy as far as Suba games is considered, but i'm sure you can "automate" the process if it sounds interesting enough.

First of all, there needs to be an implementation of a system that checks for "inactive" accounts. What i consider inactive would be accounts w/ their highest lvl gear (cap off limit at 60) not gaining level in 3 days. If that account's highest gear (between lvl 30 - 60) has not gained any level in 3 days, they should be removed from the census of nation population. This would prevent players from the "more populated" nation in lowering the population difference by "spamming" the weak nations census. They would have to actively work on their gears in "weaker" nation.

Why bother w/ such a system... well, that is because the ramification to the "more populated" nations are rather severe. Aside from JUST SPI, i feel the more populated nation should also have "constant" and "MS/SPI" debuffs. Constant debuffs can be Tax, SP (Skill Point) increase rate (lowered) and Buff Spell (reduction in effects). The targets for this debuffs should be level 50+ gears. This would disallow their players to grind as efficiently, forcing them to reconcile by either switching at next reset to join the "less populated" nation or just sucking it up.

The MS/SPI debuffs would be active only during MS and SPI defense or attack. During said events, along side "constant" debuffs, there would also be reduction in Energy / Shield and Skill Point replenishment (maybe even decrease in total E/S and SP amount). By either healing done from M gear's, Kits or from Idle replenishment. This again should be enforced on players (regardless of level) that are active in the "0" channel maps or in enemy/neutral nation maps. Which at most would only include players that are capable of participating in said activities.

Also, there could be MS/SPI Buffs for the "less populated" nation that only during the MS/SPI event would increase E/S/SP (Skill Point) replenishment / total amount, discount in weapon refill cost, and Buff effect increment. The rate at by which this increment would happen should be exactly the opposite of the "more populated" nation.

To count the Rate at which tax and debuffs are calculated. I have solution for that as well, but to be honest, i'm not so confident of its effectiveness.

For example: Consider, following the above mentioned census guide, BCU has 50 players active and ANI has 30 Players active. The increment percentage should be at 10% of population of the leading nations population. In this case it would be 5 players. So, every 5 player the increment / decrease rate would be 1%. At difference of 20 players there would be 4% Tax increase, and 4% increment in all other categories of debuffs / buffs mentioned above.

Although one nation might have numerical advantage, the other nation would have "statistical" advantage, which i believe might help some players "realize" to switch in order to avoid the statistical disadvantage.

Is the above mentioned solution perfect... fuk no, should it be implemented as is... fuk no. But its a productive start towards something that might actually make difference other than forcing players to switch nations "just because suba said so", and from the ****ty Tax spike that higher level players don't even care to realize is there.

and don't give TL;DR bs... if you want change work for it.

Trollpoke
October 16th, 2009, 06:57 PM
I don't think Taxing a nation alone is enough to prevent players from stacking, to be honest xxK spi rise due to tax is just chump change.

I think there should be more ramifications for the "more populated" nation to suffer other than SPI taxing. What i'm about to propose is undoubtedly resource heavy as far as Suba games is considered, but i'm sure you can "automate" the process if it sounds interesting enough.

First of all, there needs to be an implementation of a system that checks for "inactive" accounts. What i consider inactive would be accounts w/ their highest lvl gear (cap off limit at 60) not gaining level in 3 days. If that account's highest gear (between lvl 30 - 60) has not gained any level in 3 days, they should be removed from the census of nation population. This would prevent players from the "more populated" nation in lowering the population difference by "spamming" the weak nations census. They would have to actively work on their gears in "weaker" nation.

Why bother w/ such a system... well, that is because the ramification to the "more populated" nations are rather severe. Aside from JUST SPI, i feel the more populated nation should also have "constant" and "MS/SPI" debuffs. Constant debuffs can be Tax, SP (Skill Point) increase rate (lowered) and Buff Spell (reduction in effects). The targets for this debuffs should be level 50+ gears. This would disallow their players to grind as efficiently, forcing them to reconcile by either switching at next reset to join the "less populated" nation or just sucking it up.

The MS/SPI debuffs would be active only during MS and SPI defense or attack. During said events, along side "constant" debuffs, there would also be reduction in Energy / Shield and Skill Point replenishment (maybe even decrease in total E/S and SP amount). By either healing done from M gear's, Kits or from Idle replenishment. This again should be enforced on players (regardless of level) that are active in the "0" channel maps or in enemy/neutral nation maps. Which at most would only include players that are capable of participating in said activities.

Also, there could be MS/SPI Buffs for the "less populated" nation that only during the MS/SPI event would increase E/S/SP (Skill Point) replenishment / total amount, discount in weapon refill cost, and Buff effect increment. The rate at by which this increment would happen should be exactly the opposite of the "more populated" nation.

To count the Rate at which tax and debuffs are calculated. I have solution for that as well, but to be honest, i'm not so confident of its effectiveness.

For example: Consider, following the above mentioned census guide, BCU has 50 players active and ANI has 30 Players active. The increment percentage should be at 10% of population of the leading nations population. In this case it would be 5 players. So, every 5 player the increment / decrease rate would be 1%. At difference of 20 players there would be 4% Tax increase, and 4% increment in all other categories of debuffs / buffs mentioned above.

Although one nation might have numerical advantage, the other nation would have "statistical" advantage, which i believe might help some players "realize" to switch in order to avoid the statistical disadvantage.

Is the above mentioned solution perfect... fuk no, should it be implemented as is... fuk no. But its a productive start towards something that might actually make difference other than forcing players to switch nations "just because suba said so", and from the ****ty Tax spike that higher level players don't even care to realize is there.

and don't give TL;DR bs... if you want change work for it.

1. nobody gains a level every 3 days past 80. and its the 80+ gears that determines the balance of the server

2. if they are able to get the inactive detection accuracy (useing any system) to around 75% the discount on the supply shop is a good idea.

JaySlaw
October 16th, 2009, 07:04 PM
the count for level every 3day is to "cap off" at lvl 60.

Pinoyisthenewblack
October 16th, 2009, 09:17 PM
IP tracking to avoid spies and other nation alts, thanks.

lolubub
October 16th, 2009, 10:42 PM
EchoSaviour;15932']Inventory/SPI/Levels/Stat Points stay.

i vote for 1 time just to clean nation thing

its just all BGs would go to BCU and rest random

for me it change nothing , born as ANI gonna die as ANI :cool:

+edit+
its just you could fuse 2 server in one that would make more sense

Okho1987
October 18th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Nation Reset....... kinda huge deal..... was expecting the Brig transfer... but oh well... 3 months is a short time span.... would be better if we make it 5~6 months....

DarkWuIf
October 18th, 2009, 12:54 PM
How about taking it to the next level? What if when the nations reset everybody returns to FreeSKA, AND the player is not immediately forced to choose a nation - but rather is a 'Free Agent' of sorts, introducing into the game a third (rogue) party which would really add some dynamic to daily war. The third party, of course, would not be able to earn NCP, which would keep the population of said party balanced.

Would make things interesting, would it not? This would also mean people who take a break from the game and return (which i think most people end up doing eventually) will have time to meet up with friends/brig before being forced to choose a nation.

EchoSaviour
October 18th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Not possible, the system is automatically setup to force the nation select when you log in. Requires developer support but it's unlikely imo.

DarkWuIf
October 18th, 2009, 01:43 PM
EchoSaviour;27569']Not possible, the system is automatically setup to force the nation select when you log in. Requires developer support but it's unlikely imo.

Having played several versions of this game now, I believe a combination of your nation reset idea along with something similar to the above 'free agent' status could potentially correct a long standing and version-independent issue for this game. As such, if presented correctly (that is, how it will make the developer more $money$), you may find that it's easier to persuade them then originally thought. Then again, I've never talked to a developer as Masang, so only you could judge whether such an approach would be worth anyone's time.

FenderJazz
December 3rd, 2009, 04:05 PM
Bumping this up because I can't be the only person curious as to when/if this'll happen.

FortunePaw
December 3rd, 2009, 05:09 PM
Bumping this up because I can't be the only person curious as to when/if this'll happen.

KAO got a patch about a week ago that has the formation bonus stuff. Some ppl on AR board said that when he tried to log in to see what's new, he went straight to a nation selection screen. So maybe echo might ninja it during a patch... :ehh:

JKRevan
December 3rd, 2009, 05:13 PM
taht makes the two of us

IamRapt0r
December 3rd, 2009, 05:15 PM
KAO got a patch about a week ago that has the formation bonus stuff. Some ppl on AR board said that when he tried to log in to see what's new, he went straight to a nation selection screen. So maybe echo might ninja it during a patch... :ehh:

Interesting...menge.

EchoSaviour
December 3rd, 2009, 05:16 PM
It's an option on the table.

We have an estimate idea as to when would be the best time with minimal disruption to everything overall. It would be during a major patch but when and which one we haven't decided.

FortunePaw
December 3rd, 2009, 05:20 PM
Doo eeet by tomorrow's maint and makes everyone go lolwut.

IamRapt0r
December 3rd, 2009, 05:20 PM
is there a "major patch" tomorrow?

Scribbin
December 3rd, 2009, 05:33 PM
We should do it like dodgeball. Each nation has a captain and they pick people one at a time :evil:

Updating steam
December 3rd, 2009, 05:35 PM
We should do it like dodgeball. Each nation has a captain and they pick people one at a time :evil:

I'd get picked last QQ

Mike Cosgrove
December 3rd, 2009, 05:40 PM

That sounds like a brillant idea.

Except I'd get picked last, just like in real life :'(

ApocryphaB
December 3rd, 2009, 05:43 PM
LND team 1st captain. I call Revo!

Havok
December 3rd, 2009, 05:50 PM
i drink whiskey cause i like the taste, you think its bitter, but i think its great
i also drink whiskey and we smoke cigars
dont believe me? smell our cars
we're real men, and we like sportz, if you say that we're not, then we'll see you in court
im team captain and i choose you
im the other team captain and i choose you too
we steal the ball and we're off to the races
we scare the other team with our mad dog faces like
what what what what what what
what what what what what what

ApocryphaB
December 3rd, 2009, 05:51 PM
Dog baaat dog baaat dog baaatttttt bat doooog

Scribbin
December 3rd, 2009, 06:37 PM
:mad: dont make fun :'(

The Real Mighty
December 6th, 2009, 09:53 AM
so guys????? New Year New Nation? go go make it happen?

PallyVII
December 6th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Yes, please press the button for the nation reset. It doesn't matter for me, I have already manually transferred myself to ANI Artemis by creating a new character there - so I can forever play on the side of the underdog as I prefer. However, the situation on Artemis is still grim.

As I have said, I have characters on both sides. BCU is able to camp 3 gates or more with a force greater than ANI can effectively muster to attack with. How do I know this? Because I am now the one Call of Heroing those ANI who are willing to fight and listen. That number rarely exceeds twenty. BCU has over three forms (over 18 ships) on any given gate they wish to defend. I know this because I have counted the number on both sides.

ANI is depressed, believes it can not win without a high level savior to do their work for them, and rarely works together. A nation reset is in order - or things will go from pathetic to I do not know what to call it, because we have already passed the point of going bad to worse.

In summary...

PRESS THAT @#%&@#$^#$$%^ing BUTTON!!! :mad:

Trollpoke
December 6th, 2009, 12:50 PM
no its fine, though ani lose, bcu have to deal with turks, russians, and br ppl who don't know engrish. and lots of stackers.

:awsum:

FortunePaw
December 6th, 2009, 05:04 PM
no its fine, though ani lose, bcu have to deal with turks, russians, and br ppl who don't know engrish. and lots of stackers.

It's funny because it's the truth... :rolleyes:

FenderJazz
December 6th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Would be interesting to see what this does on Prelude. Either it'll solve a bunch of community problems or it'll be like setting of an antimatter bomb.

Proxy
December 6th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Yea this honestly can solve a lot or **** things up a lot.

Mike Cosgrove
December 7th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Would be interesting to see what this does on Prelude. Either it'll solve a bunch of community problems or it'll be like setting of an antimatter bomb.

Well Either way it solves the community problem, right?

FenderJazz
December 7th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Well Either way it solves the community problem, right?

With the latter, all the flaming might melt the server.

Then again that means they're forced to do a server merge and then everyone is happy!

Mike Cosgrove
December 7th, 2009, 11:31 AM
With the latter, all the flaming might melt the server.

Then again that means they're forced to do a server merge and then everyone is happy!

Forced to do a server merge

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5457/1258594484136.jpg

ArtoriusDivinus
December 7th, 2009, 02:10 PM
server merge!

http://latviangoatporn.com/resources/do-want-dowantdowantdowant.jpg

JKRevan
December 7th, 2009, 02:26 PM
the interwebz is funny place =D

SexyIg
December 8th, 2009, 07:24 AM
very bad idea as all the good players can group togehther and make a lot of wps and and spi. what is bound to happen to the other players?
remain without spi and wp, making noobs quit the game . moreover if ppl hear that majority is moving to a certain nation , they will tend to move also and therefore high tax rate.
i think it it would be good if have balanced nation, coz we need good players on both sides:p
and 3 months is too long can make a notion get bored of the game since its losing all sp and ms. welp that idea sucks. :p

OmgNaro
December 8th, 2009, 08:53 AM
very bad idea as all the good players can group togehther and make a lot of wps and and spi. what is bound to happen to the other players?
remain without spi and wp, making noobs quit the game . moreover if ppl hear that majority is moving to a certain nation , they will tend to move also and therefore high tax rate.
i think it it would be good if have balanced nation, coz we need good players on both sides:p
and 3 months is too long can make a notion get bored of the game since its losing all sp and ms. welp that idea sucks. :p
This is wrong, if we did that war would be no fun, which means we wont do it

PallyVII
December 9th, 2009, 07:11 PM

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...do you play this game? I logged onto BCU Art during a SP to look at exactly how bad the numbers game is. I screenshotted a camp on the following places, all the size of the force ANI had :

Daisy Riverhead - Orina
Daisy Riverhead (SP)
Daisy Riverhead - Pandea B
Pandea B - Sunshine Born

That's four camps. F O U R. All were the size of ANI's force. I have screenshots as proof. I believe you were saying something about all the good players grouping together? It's already happened, that's why a nation reset is in order.

FENERIR
December 9th, 2009, 09:01 PM
there may be a problem thou wwhat if the full reset took place and everyone joined BCU just for lols we would have a billion people in BCU and 5 GM's on ani

SquirtleLovesYou
December 10th, 2009, 06:52 PM
the GMS wud rape us 5 GMs> 1 billion of us

BookiRetro
December 10th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Just create a third Nation.

Sch4tten
December 11th, 2009, 08:23 AM

freeska mercenaries :S

SexyIg
December 11th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...do you play this game? I logged onto BCU Art during a SP to look at exactly how bad the numbers game is. I screenshotted a camp on the following places, all the size of the force ANI had :

Daisy Riverhead - Orina
Daisy Riverhead (SP)
Daisy Riverhead - Pandea B
Pandea B - Sunshine Born

That's four camps. F O U R. All were the size of ANI's force. I have screenshots as proof. I believe you were saying something about all the good players grouping together? It's already happened, that's why a nation reset is in order.

problem may worsen if good players of the losing nation decide all to move to the other nation(ftw) and players in the other nation can stick to their wining nation. so i think the problem aggravates:ehh:?

ArtoriusDivinus
December 11th, 2009, 05:22 PM

Make Vatallus playable, gogogo.

GrandSkyDemon
December 12th, 2009, 08:50 AM
wish we could get a nation reset before january starts.

JKRevan
December 12th, 2009, 09:19 AM
New Year, new slate for game,, aint bad.

Chriscantmiss6
March 21st, 2010, 04:00 PM
it should be once every 3 months because once the stackers find out who the winning nation is..they will try to grind up on the other side..doing it every 3 months may stop the stackers from stacking.

Nate1016
March 21st, 2010, 04:18 PM
it should be once every 3 months because once the stackers find out who the winning nation is..they will try to grind up on the other side..doing it every 3 months may stop the stackers from stacking.

Yeah, but thatd screw all the brogs over

ArtoriusDivinus
March 21st, 2010, 04:20 PM
http://www.novarata.net/Thread_Necromancy.jpg

PlazmaZ10
March 21st, 2010, 05:07 PM
necro much?

seeker724
March 21st, 2010, 05:21 PM
This topic has come and gone...close please...

OmgEvilHero
March 28th, 2010, 06:23 AM
The way I see it, this is what might happen:

Bunch of lvl 8x-plus players move to one side.
Bunch of lvl 8x-plus players farm SP's and MS's.
Bunch of lvl 8x-plus players collect large amount of WP.
Bunch of lvl 8x-plus players cause game's WP economy to die.

Players get bored.

Game suffers.

Some players may quit...

~t

PS: I do like that you guys are coming up with stuff to spice things
up though :) More reason for players to play this version versus
other versions of the game. Keep up the great work :D

//Edit: I do think this is a great idea to try though at least. Just
to see if it works out or not :)

-I agree , it's a catastrophe.
-Specially about the WP economy , because they may sell WP items for huge numbers then ppl will not be able to buy , then the nation will be weaker
-And when the huge lvls are in 1 nation , then they will use the SPI with huge numbers , then the OP captains and the leader will get huge numbers of SPI by them , those will be the only ppl who can buy items from the 8x players , and most of the nation will be poorest than a lvl 1 player :'( , i hope you (Echo) take care of it .
-from the other side , if they used huge numbers of SPI , then the OP captains and the leader will get huge numbers of SPI from war funds , that means they will like it and the next 3 months they will choose the same nation , that means all the huge lvls and the pro ppl will be at the same nation . but if you made it for 1 time , they will think twice b4 joining a nation , so they wont be all together .
-that's how i think , think about it and choose 1 time or every 3 months .

PS:i don't agree about no , and i will love the game if you made it every 3 months , but i wont if i was playing with the weak side or even the best side because it is going to be boring .

thanks...:o

ArtoriusDivinus
March 28th, 2010, 08:33 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/excelerater/CloseThreadButton.jpg

SwimMG
April 1st, 2010, 01:21 PM
I voted yes 3 months, but i think it should be longer time spans between such attitudes, and only if its Needed (like, Zomfg nation imbalance!)

the inactives being removed from tax equation is certainly a huge plus

I agree with this ^
Nation resets are a nice alternative. but should be a last resort.

xSousuke
October 31st, 2010, 02:12 AM
I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure 3 months have passed now...about 4 times now...at least.....

CAKExISxAxLIE
October 31st, 2010, 02:21 PM
u people forget about brigade expansion cards
everytime there is nation reset brigades need to be disbanned
now someone who spend 100$ to expland his brig to like 120 slots (just example)

i dont think gms will give out this cards again...

im for no reset tis fine how it is

there could be some other option to give losing nation some "advantage" ... but no more CS whores pls <.<

OmgNaro
October 31st, 2010, 07:05 PM
Guys dont necro :/
Make a new thread.

mikel
November 2nd, 2010, 08:38 AM
i aggre every 3 months server reset is great.

Dragonessz
November 2nd, 2010, 10:51 AM
u people forget about brigade expansion cards
everytime there is nation reset brigades need to be disbanned
now someone who spend 100$ to expland his brig to like 120 slots (just example)

i dont think gms will give out this cards again...

im for no reset tis fine how it is

there could be some other option to give losing nation some "advantage" ... but no more CS whores pls <.<

Reset, but leader keeps the brigade and all it's history.

PrinzValiumPeW
November 2nd, 2010, 01:26 PM
Guys dont necro :/
Make a new thread.

Dude Echo opened it and nothing happens. I wanna have my Reset naow >.>

BrainFart
July 10th, 2011, 10:12 PM
8 month necro ftw. 1 month after reset too!! Doooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn