PDA

View Full Version : Some newbie weapon qn...

Warshal
June 13th, 2010, 07:47 AM
What is ATK Rating on a weapon? Does it raises accuracy? What's the difference between this and ATK power (& which one more important in choosing a weapon)? What does Spec.ATK POW means? :confused:I'm kinda like buying stuff bindly lol..

Nnoitra
June 13th, 2010, 05:21 PM
ATK Rating is indeed accuracy.
Attack power is more imporant then atk rating when buying a weapon.
Spec. ATK POW means if you class matches the spec class, your max damage will become higher. Always wear items of your own classes spec to get the best damage

Warshal
July 10th, 2010, 02:09 AM
Let's say I have a 80 (d) AXE with Spec.ATK RTG: LV/1 with 50-71 Attack Power. Is it a lot better than a axe with the same Attack Power but Spec.ATK RTG: LV/2; say in terms of damage?

9HMX6
July 10th, 2010, 03:39 AM
Let's say I have a 80 (d) AXE with Spec.ATK RTG: LV/1 with 50-71 Attack Power. Is it a lot better than a axe with the same Attack Power but Spec.ATK RTG: LV/2; say in terms of damage?

Indeed. Even though two weapon have the same attack power when one has a higher attack rating that means you will not miss as much (when fighter higher level mobs), which brings up your dps.

just think of ATK power = how hard you hit
ATK rating = how accurate / often you can hit

ATK rating goes hand in hand with defense rating, which is how often you can avoid being hit (much like dodge).

Where ATK power -> absorb. which is how much dmg you can take without losing hp.

Warshal
July 10th, 2010, 05:21 AM
Hmm... but how does a Weapon Spec.ATK RTG stacks with armlets?

If the Weapon Spec.ATK RTG is lvl 2, but the armlet is lvl 1, how the dps is calculated? :confused:

BlackChaosMage
July 10th, 2010, 09:55 PM
say your level 60. You have fs armlets lvl/1 and fs weapon that says lvl/2. You will get 60 AR for the armlets and 30 for the weapon, so you have a total 90 AR added to your existing AR.

ed teh gar
July 10th, 2010, 11:35 PM
In general its best to use lv1 gear.

DPS is a tricky thing. That depends against what monster you are fighting.

depends on the map area and what skill you use and how much mana ya have.

But as a rule of thumb go for lv1.

Bump:

No damage wise they will be the same. But you will connect more with the lv1. and probably crit more too.

Warshal
July 10th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Isn't critical is more of a luck thing? Like if total critical of the weapon is 21%, then it's 21% chance to getting a bigger damage?

Offtopic: It's nice to have a lvl 1 weapon, but it's difficult and expensive to get 80 D Axe here in Val.

ed teh gar
July 11th, 2010, 02:00 PM
alot of people have the theory that the higher attack rating leads to more crits.

9HMX6
July 11th, 2010, 02:08 PM
alot of people have the theory that the higher attack rating leads to more crits.

Well that is true. Crit only can happen if you don't miss. So with higher attack rating you are essentially increasing your crit rate.