PDA

View Full Version : as vs. ata?

Origomimannnnn
July 30th, 2010, 02:18 PM
i cant decide between my archer or my atalanta. can someone help me pick?:confused:

Chislev
July 30th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Water or bread, can but them both in your mouth and swallow them, but they both are very different but still have some aspects in common.

I would say play them both. I don't know what server are you in but if you play on valento, with x5 exp you can get both to high level in no time. Maybe take both to at least level 60 (shouldn't take very long to get there) and around that level you should be able to get the feeling ogf them and finaly decide. I love both classes, if fact they are the only two classes i play at all :D

Origomimannnnn
July 30th, 2010, 03:04 PM
i have a lvl 65 ata and 76 archer... still cant decide...

Exarchia
July 30th, 2010, 03:15 PM
play automech. the worst of the two worlds combined... :ehh:

related question: windows or linux?

Origomimannnnn
July 30th, 2010, 03:18 PM
hahahaha ew automech. been there tried that not goin back

CreamPuffs
July 30th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Since I don't hunt at all, this only applies to training:

Archer skills kill WAY faster than ata skills. So generally archers can put out a lot more dmg in a set period of time.

But because archers are so fragile, you need to be more choosy of your spawns, whereas atas can pretty much enter any map available at her lvl and do pretty well with no practice. At low 7x, my archer kills way faster than my ata in ds, but is less efficient in s1 which is hard on my archer but very comfortable on my ata.

Also managing mana is WAY easier on an ata!! To be effective at either, I think you have to spam skills a lot. For training, my ata NEVER EVER had to buy a mana potion, and could spam skills 24/7 just on just mana drops. On my archer, its more of a challenge to manage mana, especially if you have high perfo.

(edit) Also!! I love the way an ata looks, but I enjoy archer skills more ^^

Chislev
July 30th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Just do as i do, play both!! :D

Erbse
August 15th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Ata's win the further you progress in the game. Past the 80d mark atas easily move ahead in terms of overall performance, have a slightly harder time hunting though.

CreamPuffs
August 16th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Ata's win the further you progress in the game. Past the 80d mark atas easily move ahead in terms of overall performance, have a slightly harder time hunting though.

Haven't progressed past 80d for either characters, so I can't agree or disagree, but I'm curious as to why you say that :)

Nnoitra
August 16th, 2010, 05:43 AM
coz later in the game you get lvl 10 vengeance and bugged dmg 100 jav so you do same dmg/outdmg archers :)

Erbse
August 19th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Haven't progressed past 80d for either characters, so I can't agree or disagree, but I'm curious as to why you say that :)

Javelins have the highest 1H damage values if I remember correctly, or close to anyway. The way PT scales past the 80d mark Bow damage = Jav damage resulting in an overall equal paperdoll damage, all while the ata always caries a shield around (even low strength atas wear a great shield, up to 25-28% block) and majority of the time wears an armor making her a tanking god in leveling zones. To top if off they get their Valhalla stuff which adds additional 15%(+) evasion if I'm not mistaken.

8 speed 2H isn't the same as 8 speed 1H, hence atas will get an additional 33% damage off of default attacks (with meele classes it worked that way anyway, 2x 2H 8 speed hits = 3x 1H 8 speed hits).

Overall Archers lose on all ends but remain more mana efficient (ava) and have higher burst whenever needed (Perforation / Phoenix Shot) as well as higher crit ratings. Wolf is the obligatory hunting edge they get over Atas. In the age of the Cash Shop however the mana efficiency is moot.

The bugged 100 Jav, assuming you got one, is mere icing on top on an already skewed system to being with :P