PDA

View Full Version : Strange character idea

tekeen00
August 3rd, 2010, 06:42 PM
I always wanted to try this back in the beginning of PT with an archer but never had all the gold or sheltoms.

Priestesses always had all the cash and items from what I saw as a poor archer.

I wanted to get a shield and armor to age or mix whatever seems more interesting to do these days.

Take them as high as I can get them without too much risk of breaking them and the same with a perfect metal hand crossbow.

Now this character would not be for going to really high levels but only to save much points for agility and plenty for health.

Once I can achieve the gear and get to a reasonably high level I just want to see how well she could do in general with a good defense in terms of just hunting for items and sheltoms at whatever level her gear and stats would allow.

Then of course I would need to adjust the skill build for the dungeon or area I want to hunt for things in.

Seems like it would be an interesting challenge for me.

I am aware that her damage would be gimped by the weapon to a large degree so I know I would not do well in much higher level areas but I would do it for the fun of it and as a alt that could help power level friends.

Any thoughts on what sort of skill build might compliment such a build and am I just bring crazy or what?

Chislev
August 3rd, 2010, 07:54 PM
I think that as long as it is interesting for you, as long as it reresent a challenge and as long as you have fun playing it, it would be just as good as any other build out there, the most important thing is not how effective a build can be but how much fun can you achieve playing it :)

Eudoxia
August 5th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I think that as long as it is interesting for you, as long as it reresent a challenge and as long as you have fun playing it, it would be just as good as any other build out there, the most important thing is not how effective a build can be but how much fun can you achieve playing it :)

ya exactly! ^^ Tekeen, if you're going for a build that's the most successful in killing, there's tons that have been already listed! but if you're going for fun, feel free to play around with your stats and skills! why not? and you can always restat =)

in your other thread you mentioned bomb shot and AoR, they aren't as good as Perforation, but raise them if you just wanna do a fun skill =O they'll still kill right? it'll just take longer. ^^ but i love both their animations... (AoR reminds me of fireworks *.* and bomb shot is hilarious... 'ahhhhhPOOOOOOOF' <-- okay i can't do noises lol)

Finnhitz
August 5th, 2010, 01:50 PM
You can have shield+mhxb and a 2 handed bow as a second weapon to get the best of both worlds. :)

Chislev
August 5th, 2010, 04:23 PM
One nice skill for this idea would be my loved elemental shot, nice animation, one shot of mana shoot twice and it's very fast (that is my non-conventional skill on my archers)

minkwarrior
August 6th, 2010, 12:23 AM
(AoR reminds me of fireworks *.* and bomb shot is hilarious... 'ahhhhhPOOOOOOOF' <-- okay i can't do noises lol)

I think it goes WABOOM! XD Love that skill. Spamming Arrow of Rage is cool as well.