PDA

View Full Version : English..?

Chrisduhhhfur
September 6th, 2010, 09:10 PM
What are the chances that someone who actually speaks English will take a look at this game? Honestly, some of the errors are ridiculously easy to fix. Does suba actually have any control over the writing in this game or is it basically at the mercy of the Russian commi's? Lol.

Just wondering, because even the "GM's" / P-mods (not sure what they are, really) don't seem to have a firm grasp on the English language.

I'm not a long-time Subagame's user. I found Fragoria on MMOHut.com, so I'm really curious as to whether this game is worth getting in to (I like it, but don't feel like joining a Russian dead end) or if it will actually be updated / fixed.

Akimue
September 6th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Okay, this is the breakdown.

Suba is a publisher, not a developer. They have little-to-no control over what the devs do, for any of the games they offer.

The server we are playing Fragoria on are Russian-English servers, so the GMs are Russian. For the most part, they seem to understand English pretty well, and they've even cracked a few jokes while I'm talking to them. But you cannot expect 100% English from them, for obvious reasons.

Futhermore, the Russians aren't the developers, so they also cannot do much.

As far as I know, this game is being translated from German (considering that their "home" server is German). The translators they have are obviously German-speaking, and so, again, you cannot expect 100% translations.

I'm pretty good at figuring out Engrish, and I would love to work with this team to fix up the translations, but that just isn't going to happen. I also haven't figured out their update schedule yet, but it does get updates at least every month.

Fervid
September 6th, 2010, 09:26 PM
The thing is, that Fragoria is not developed at all by Subagames. If you find some errors/mistakes, then I urge you to follow up by making a new thread and listing all of the problems you have, and please, include screenshots.. This way, the GM's here can forward the information to the dev's and have the modifications made. That's personally the best advice I can give you, but perhaps the GM's can add to what i've said. Cheers, and thanks for joining Suba! :D

Chrisduhhhfur
September 6th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Aye, you two answered more-or-less what I was trying to ask. I figured suba didn't have much (if any) control over it. Would also really like to track down who the heck does make this game then because I personally enjoy it, would just really, really like to see some of the easy typos/errors fixed. Guess I'll start screening what I pass through on my daily play.

Thanks y'all :)

Chrisduhhhfur
September 6th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Also, just out of curiousity, do we play with the same people who sign up through fragoria.com? Kind of wondering who else is on that server (as I assume it is not just subagame's members?)

Fervid
September 6th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Also, just out of curiousity, do we play with the same people who sign up through fragoria.com? Kind of wondering who else is on that server (as I assume it is not just subagame's members?)

Yes, you are playing with other people across the world. I don't know the specific's of the server, but I can tell you forsure, it's not just people from Suba Games playing, it's a much large server. :) Glad you enjoy it.

MrSaturn
September 7th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Actually, we have less control over Fragoria than we do on our other games. We're more like a distributor rather than a publisher though we do have some publishing elements, kinda like how you find Runescape on other websites but we're just a touch above that.

Trollpoke
September 7th, 2010, 07:45 PM
MrSaturn;186776']Actually, we have less control over Fragoria than we do on our other games. We're more like a distributor rather than a publisher though we do have some publishing elements, kinda like how you find Runescape on other websites but we're just a touch above that.

please tell me suba got paid to distribute this, and not the other way around...

(cause this game if complete and utter ****, and don't even try denying it)

OmgNaro
September 7th, 2010, 09:46 PM
please tell me suba got paid to distribute this, and not the other way around...

(cause this game if complete and utter ****, and don't even try denying it)

Well with all the money they get from ace, WHY THE **** NOT.

Araia
October 13th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Well with all the money they get from ace, WHY THE **** NOT.

Amen to that. lol. I actualy haven't been with suba for long myself... I only joined originally cuz I wanted my Space Cowboys Online back... I miss those days... And it's really odd seeing a character that was originally a 12 year old girl suddenly 8 years older with HUGE boobs... Guess you got to sex everything up these days in order to sell... And I also miss the orange haired man!

GeniusMind
October 19th, 2010, 01:49 PM
What are the chances that someone who actually speaks English will take a look at this game? Honestly, some of the errors are ridiculously easy to fix. Does suba actually have any control over the writing in this game or is it basically at the mercy of the Russian commi's? Lol.

Just wondering, because even the "GM's" / P-mods (not sure what they are, really) don't seem to have a firm grasp on the English language.

I'm not a long-time Subagame's user. I found Fragoria on MMOHut.com, so I'm really curious as to whether this game is worth getting in to (I like it, but don't feel like joining a Russian dead end) or if it will actually be updated / fixed.

you can try to ask around in the game about englis speaking GM and you will find out really who speaks english!! Most of GM do speak only english and do not know russian!! As it is has players from diff countries non can expect the players from same time zone and so are GMs..