PDA

View Full Version : The Echo Q / A Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

EchoSaviour
October 9th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I'm pretty certain a lot of people actually want to ask the GM's something but never had the chance.

Anyways, here's a simple thread where you guys ask the questions, and I'll answer. Since questions may not be answered immediately, I'll just edit the post so that people will know which post has gotten which answer.

There are a few groundrules I have to place first.

1: No questions about personal life outside of SUBA
2: No questions about staff details inside SUBA
3: May not be able to answer all questions regarding future stuff regarding ACE.
4: No questions that should be sent to customer service
5: May not be able to answer all questions due to sensitivity on the issue.

If there's more rules I forget to put then I'll add them in as I go.

KingTraffickerLH
October 9th, 2009, 07:14 PM
What was your name in SCO? [Gnosis said it, i just want a confirmation :D]

And if you wont answer that, can you tell us the names of the new pandea maps? :o

*EchoEdit*

I'll skip that first question lol.

The map translations we have so far is still really early. We havn't even looked at it fully.

But as far as I know, it may be something like "Robenia City" (Very probable due to it's appearance in the existing mission texts and the information in the mission texts) and "Baron Lands"

*edit*

Upon further checking, one of them is 100% confirmed as "Robenia City"

Trollpoke
October 9th, 2009, 07:18 PM
i'll start off with what everybody want.... though we already know the answer, i just have to ask.

WHEN WILL WE GET OUR PAINT SHOP BACK QQ?

*EchoEdit*

When the devs find a way to make it work

Updating steam
October 9th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Why is there a five minute rule on editing posts?

*EchoEdit*

I wouldn't know that one, but I do know we plan to tweak it soon.

Oshima
October 9th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Any new information on the mecha armor? WP yes/no? Cost? Upgrade recipes? Stats comparable to?
Thank you good sir!

*EchoEdit*

Mecha Armor news, delayed due to various issues. WP = 90% yes. Cost? No clue yet. Upgrade Recipes, dunno yet. Stats? 5% weaker than WP armor.

Oshima
October 9th, 2009, 07:38 PM
What is the thing about our community (Ace specifically, PT is just...disgruntled to say the least) you would like to have us work on to improve the most?

*EchoEdit*

Actual sportsmanship is probably key. Think like sports athletes. They play against each other, sometimes even fight. But at the end of the day, they go out for drinks.

FortunePaw
October 9th, 2009, 07:52 PM
So like... when can we get a higher defense/evation card droprate than what we are getting now? Especially for BCU? Since ANI has ground mob in slope port which makes them a bit easier to farm the cards...

14hrs farming in OP without even 1 cards is kinda ridiculous...

*EchoEdit*

The rates are the same. They are literally the same number for both sides. Of course people always say "It's 90% success so it should be 9/10 chances". But I always say "9/10 still means it can fail. If you get that 1/10 repeatedly, your luck just sucks"

KingTraffickerLH
October 9th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Anything you can say about 3-3 atm? Bgear engine nerf confirmation? ANYTHING? :D
And what's the new boss' name that shoots a bajillion missiles?

*EchoEdit*

The new area in Ep3-3 is called *censored* and that boss is somewhere in there. As to his name. I have no clue. I just know he fires a hell lot of missiles. And about the BG Nerf, I don't have any concrete info on that. But there was some hefty discussion between the various AO hosts.

gnosis22
October 9th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Will i-gears get any sort of skill adjustment in ep 3.3?

*EchoEdit*

I made a number of suggestions about the IG skills to the devs when the topic of gear balance was brought up among the publishers.

keith203
October 9th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Can you increase the number of SPs per day? Now there are between 2 and 5, a day, and that just isn't enough to keep people's interest. Too much dead time and you can only do so much grinding a day. Between 6 and 10 would be a good number to start, maybe more.

*EchoEdit*

Thats an issue that keeps popping up and it's pretty hard to get an exact number of SP's a day consistently without doing it manually. But I think we're at a pretty good ratio right now. Unless people say otherwise.

Updating steam
October 9th, 2009, 08:34 PM
*EchoEdit*

I made a number of suggestions about the IG skills to the devs when the topic of gear balance was brought up among the publishers.

What did you suggest specifically?

*EchoEdit*

Can't say lol.

KingTraffickerLH
October 9th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Any idea on when we'll receive 3-3? Or when the Halloween event will start?

*EchoEdit*

Can't tell anything on the EP3-3 schedule. In regards to the halloween event, for sure the later half of the month

Mike Cosgrove
October 9th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Halp how i play crossfire??????////

*EchoEdit*

.................................................. .................................................. .............................................

*cough* Send an email to cf@subagames.com =P

Mike Cosgrove
October 9th, 2009, 09:17 PM
When you were picking the forum moderators back when, did you only pick me for the reason that I made fun of Komidol? Or for my 100% awesome comics?

*EchoEdit*

I'll have to admit, the comics were a major tilt factor lol.

Mike Cosgrove
October 9th, 2009, 09:18 PM
If an I-gear hypermoves in a forest, and nobody is around to see it, does it still gain the boost?

*EchoEdit*

You'll find the evidence after checking the wreck when it tries to dodge trees

Mike Cosgrove
October 9th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Why the hell doesn't the Owner of Rakion bombard the enemy cities/bases to dust? Or just slam the bloody thing into the planet?

*EchoEdit*

*points to Union City beside Reynard* Wasted the ammo over there.

gnosis22
October 9th, 2009, 09:20 PM
We will ever be able to bomb people in town? Or better yet, will we be able to bomb spacebees with our people?

I wanna see some nice blood spatter ftw.

On a more serious note, will there be any updates to the game engine itself in the foreseeable future?

*EchoEdit*

Engine changes? No clue.

gnosis22
October 9th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Also, will we ever get a coffin?

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa23/zeus_the_moose/coffinmotivational.jpg

*EchoEdit*

*looks at gear wrecks* Everyone has a coffin waiting.

Tratters
October 9th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Will there ever be a SUBA GM to take care of the ACE forums?

*EchoEdit*

I'm hoping that happens sooner than later....

Mike Cosgrove
October 9th, 2009, 09:33 PM

*EchoEdit*

Hey you know, I know this guy, his name is komidol see, i'm sure he'd love to GM for you, see, yeah see yeah.

edit: Making this a question

HOW I APPLY TO SUBAGAMES FOR GREAT JUSTICE?

Radlnferno
October 9th, 2009, 09:35 PM
will legend bigsmashes ever get a nerf in prob or damage and will bawoo's ever get a nerf if prob to match that of arrows and non-legend smashes?

PallyVII
October 9th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Has the issue of framerate lag been brought up to the developers, as in, when you head towards a strategic point and you halt in mid air as your computer processes the various sprites on screen? And if so, are they working on the problem?

Gimpy
October 9th, 2009, 09:37 PM
What is your name? (technically not personal life. personal life = where do you live, etc)

How many times have I been banned?

A friend on steam wants to know: How do you feel about people who boink in fursuits?

VladTheImplier
October 9th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Has the issue of framerate lag been brought up to the developers, as in, when you head towards a strategic point and you halt in mid air as your computer processes the various sprites on screen? And if so, are they working on the problem?
We all know the answer for that.

and

Is barrier ever getting nerfed? V:

Runt
October 9th, 2009, 09:39 PM
When will the next set of armors become available?

And are going to get the 5th set?

*EchoEdit*

There is a 5th set that appeared in the japanese version. I have no clue what their names are

FortunePaw
October 9th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Echo, What does the scouter say about his power level?

Runt
October 9th, 2009, 09:58 PM
ooh ooh, how about any chance of an auction house type thing, so we dont have to be stuck in a shop :)

i heard that was a suggestion a while ago, itd be great

and a reverse lab maybe?
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc169/tw1809/SLBscreertyilk6nShotimagetrue.jpg

IIYuriII
October 9th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Is paid card only going to be Target forever ?

Is there more store coming ? are you going to put in 7-11 and blockbuster. since they are the close to me. But Target are way to far because it is a big shopping mall and it is needed for car. i am wondering well there be more store coming or just the only place to buy paid card are in Target ?

Tratters
October 9th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Hey you know, I know this guy, his name is komidol see, i'm sure he'd love to GM for you, see, yeah see yeah.

*EchoEdit*

That sounds like they've chosen someone already, not that they're taking apps. Hopefully Echo can confirm or deny.

Monkeynucleosis
October 9th, 2009, 10:29 PM
What is your favorite gear & build to play as?

Do you think Turnips are cute? :O

~t

Redrock98
October 9th, 2009, 10:44 PM
will mgears get any future buffs (offense to be exact?)or will be capable of getting a radar range buff or a counter pierce debuff that doesent stack ?
Will igears gain the 83 frenzy pierce buff bonus to counter defense even more?

Are the 5th tier armors capable of giving radar range the ones that recently appeared in the Japanese ace or any future armor?

BookiRetro
October 9th, 2009, 11:11 PM
How is the Item Mall shaping up? I know a lot of people are anxious to spend there mileage.

FenderJazz
October 9th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Are we going to get the 4th tier of slot armors this month? And, would we get that 5th tier in November?

Also, is there a possibility of you putting some CS items, like SG sets/wipes into the WP shop for a mid-high price?

*EchoEdit*

There will be something coming to the WP shop that was actually my suggestion and is something that we'll be seeing soon. Only thing I need to know is if it'll be an exclusive to us or the other versions will get it.

The Real Mighty
October 10th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Will M-Gears get some kind of buff against those Pierce cards? :P Can't say it's really fair can we now? We're weak as it is. Now we have no means to stay alive long enough to actually kill someone (Me being full def, i got killed in 2 hits! What?! I only got like 3 shots off!!) Or will it stay the way it is for now?

Also, What happened to you echo :P You seem to have grown more... agressive :P

GrandSkyDemon
October 10th, 2009, 05:36 AM
still......

armor transfer for above v5, when will it be?
and ranking page? where we can see people's level,fame,brig ranking etc.
you know it would be nice to look at something while browsing the site :v

ArtoriusDivinus
October 10th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Will M-Gears get some kind of buff against those Pierce cards? :P Can't say it's really fair can we now? We're weak as it is. Now we have no means to stay alive long enough to actually kill someone (Me being full def, i got killed in 2 hits! What?! I only got like 3 shots off!!) Or will it stay the way it is for now?

Also, What happened to you echo :P You seem to have grown more... agressive :P

Will IGs recieve any kind of buff against those prob cards?

We all know the answer to both mine and mighty's question, WORK MIGHTY, WORK TO STAY ALIVE *insert evil laughter*

Nelsinho
October 10th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Will Evasion/Defense/Pierce cards be sold on Cards Shop?

Nelsinho
October 10th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Is there a real possibility of an entire brigade get transfered from BCU/Artemis to ANI/Artemis ?

Alexander
October 10th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Personally, what is your favorite gear?

If you mention "Alexander" to Peter, does he know who you are talking about?

CHICKEN OR BEEF RAMEN?

as for a game update question, In 3-3 is the boss the 'new hardest boss' or is it easier than the others

*EchoEdit*

Well...I really have no clue. The new stuff brings a different aspect to the game.

Updating steam
October 10th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Will IGs recieve any kind of buff against those prob cards?

We did, evasion cards :3

--

Some more questions from me. Came up with some of these at work, the nature of my job lets my mind wander... Not always a good thing.

But anyway.

So like, why was paint shop removed?
I know, I know, blah lag blah blah. Except there are plenty of things that lag in the game (Trails, Pandea SPs, SPs during peak hours, trails, BCU logging onto Artemis for the 5:25, /Ments, town shops, trails, Etc.), yet they still remain in the game.
Not to mention paintshop has been in the game for some time (without complaint :3), why remove it now? Why not just leave it in 'til it gets fixed and just swap out the old paint shop with the new one?

Why does paint lag? I remember reading somewhere that armor paint was coded as an enchant, which was apparently what made it lag. But nearly everything is enchantable now, does that mean everything lags?
(I figure you're probably tired of the paintshop issue by now, these were just Q's I've been curious over)

Nelsinho
October 10th, 2009, 11:09 AM
When is Watermelon event going to end ?

VladTheImplier
October 10th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Are you really going to answer all these questions?

*EchoEdit*

Only the one I deem relevant =P

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
October 10th, 2009, 12:28 PM
When are you transferring Revo to ANI?

VladTheImplier
October 10th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Do you think the world is gonna end after 2012?

Gimpy
October 10th, 2009, 12:46 PM
what, is your favorite color?

(if anyone gets this, <3)

*EchoEdit*

It's a color outside the ultraviolet spectrum

Leo_Wavathar
October 10th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Are you really going to answer all these questions?

I was wondering about it too. >.>

Healygig
October 10th, 2009, 02:13 PM

Blue. No yel-- Auuuuuuuugh!

ScionIV
October 10th, 2009, 02:30 PM
i noticed the games tab on the site includes cf and metin. are we *cough*taking them back?*cough*

gnosis22
October 10th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Do you think that Tupac Shakur is still alive and well?

The truth must be heard.

Monkeynucleosis
October 10th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Do you think the world is gonna end after 2012?

Zombie Apocalypse D:

~t

sonata
October 10th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Gimpy View Post

Blue. No yel-- Auuuuuuuugh!

what is the speed of an African swallow?

Trollpoke
October 10th, 2009, 03:29 PM
why is your waiting room music ripped off from Pokemon center music?

Gimpy
October 10th, 2009, 05:06 PM
What's your zombie plan?

Argosoul
October 10th, 2009, 05:41 PM
my Mission Master doesnt work, i got the pop up, i accept and nothing happens, why?

Gimpy
October 10th, 2009, 05:46 PM
my Mission Master doesnt work, i got the pop up, i accept and nothing happens, why?

because you play on prelude

Fr1skyDingo
October 10th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Item mall this Thursday or next Thursday? Next month?

Also drill sux. Hate hangin out at the range all day :/

im_not_poly
October 10th, 2009, 07:05 PM
when are we getting rankings back?

Trollpoke
October 10th, 2009, 07:34 PM
who thought up of the terrible name "air rivals"?

Monkeynucleosis
October 10th, 2009, 07:43 PM
who thought up of the terrible name "air rivals"?

There's a comic by Fattie explaining that :O

Sch4tten
October 10th, 2009, 07:50 PM
There's a comic by Fattie explaining that :O

wanna see it :P

echo any time schedule on MileageShop?:/

VladTheImplier
October 10th, 2009, 10:01 PM
When are you going to answer all these questions?

*EchoEdit*

I didn't say I would answer all of them lol

Trollpoke
October 10th, 2009, 10:38 PM
are the answers coming?

how much do you regret making this thread?

*EchoEdit*

Answers come to some. Others will have to keep waiting.

And tbh, some of the questions were relevant. Many are just going to be ignored

Cessna81E
October 10th, 2009, 11:22 PM
What are the chances the developers could incorporate the game map somewhere near the warp shop in town?

BookiRetro
October 11th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Is there ever going to be new maps in the arena? And is there ever going to be a Wing Commander only arena.

Monkeynucleosis
October 11th, 2009, 12:17 AM
The million dollar question.....

What's your favorite Gear/Build to play as? :mad:
How is that not relevant? :(

~t

Kojiro
October 11th, 2009, 12:33 AM
1. Is there a plan to bring back town 1 for shops?

2. Will uniques ever be enchantable?

3. Any plan to offer anything new to the 5:25 allocation?

4. I know you have been playing Japan Ace and seen the WP Shop prices. Ever consider changing our prices along the same lines?

5. Do you like poutine? Cause I do.

*EchoEdit*

1: Still considering that again

2: That I seriously doubt. But I am trying to work with the devs on tweaking the uniques.

3: Whenever there are larger events we tweak the 5:25s

4: With what is coming soon to the WP shop, it would require a review of the WP prices.

5: I'm not a big fan of greasy food anymore...after the bosses order Pizza Hut one night then KFC the next...I felt all that oil in my bloodstream.

Ic3man27
October 11th, 2009, 12:39 AM
ok..so i read earlier that Bgs will be nerfed?...in what part?...engine etc,?..

also..what are mech armors?

also when will this new version of ace be released?

*EchoEdit*

BG Nerfs, no clue at this time as to what the final decision is.

Mecha armors, delayed like I said, but when we'll get them I don't know.

Next patch is for halloween.

3DSerg
October 11th, 2009, 04:06 AM
Will there be any other game modes in arena,beside deathmatch?(not in the close future)

*EchoEdit*

I've been trying for a mode that has two akrons in one map and both teams have to protect the ship...but I doubt I can get it.

LazyTriangle
October 11th, 2009, 04:22 AM
To be honest, if you think most of them are irrelevant... Then why did you put Q/A <- A for ANSWERING HELLO your supposed to ANSWER the question! No point of calling it that.... Other title Please?

Your favorite color is Ultra Violet

*EchoEdit*

Just cause most are irrelevant doesn't mean I won't answer all the irrelevant stuff. Some are just so irrelevant to the point I just facepalm at the desk

Pinoyisthenewblack
October 11th, 2009, 05:07 AM
- What are the stats of a Strategic Point? (Eva, Def and HP)

- Are we getting a compensation WP HH for the 3 weeks without WP HH? :3

*EchoEdit*

Can't say that info.

And in terms of WP HH, if we get the new WP stuff in the next patch we'll up the WP HH.

ArtoriusDivinus
October 11th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Will we ever get something different from Mini SCs on 5:25? :V

*EchoEdit*

Minis are the easiest thing to give. I do give those EP3 capsules here and there. Once every blue moon actual item caps.

donvision
October 11th, 2009, 08:37 AM
When will it be possible to buy Credits with paysafe cards?

Gimpy
October 11th, 2009, 11:04 AM

4. I know you have been playing Japan Ace and seen the WP Shop prices. Ever consider changing our prices along the same lines?

*EchoEdit*

2: That I seriously doubt. But I am trying to work with the devs on tweaking the uniques.

4: With what is coming soon to the WP shop, it would require a review of the WP prices.

5: I'm not a big fan of greasy food anymore...after the bosses order Pizza Hut one night then KFC the next...I felt all that oil in my bloodstream.

>pizza hut

i see what you did there

AIexanderp
October 11th, 2009, 11:15 AM
"after the bosses order Pizza Hut one night"

we got that for Saccharide why was you eatin it :0

besides shenanagins,

1: when do you think Masang will be implementing better netcode or bringing in some antilag code?

edit: i mean client side lag (packet loss / latency) not the current serverside problems we have just to clear that up

preemptive
(echo edit: never, they cant code a game of internet pong without it having terrible lag and bugs)

2: are proxy cards getting removed or tweaked,

3: remove copypasta on warchat please i turned trade chat of for a reason and now warchat is spamed to hell too

4: any word on a CTF style arena match?

*EchoEdit*

1: No clue on netcode stuff.

2: Proxy cards, still trying to figure out the results of my suggetions on that.

3: If people are spamming, report them.

4: CTF arena match...we've given like at least 5 type of arena match modes. But I doubt there's a priority for those.

StukaBomber
October 11th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Do we get a good patch this coming thursday or just the normal maintenance?

*EchoEdit*

Normal Maint probably.

Alexander
October 11th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Will agears bullets ever be strafeable

Gimpy
October 11th, 2009, 12:26 PM

NEVER STRAFE BOOLET, STOOPID

who send all these babies to fight?

Ic3man27
October 11th, 2009, 12:46 PM

oh yea...thats a good question .........will it ? >:)

bacchen
October 11th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Not actually a question but just kinda tossing it out there.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f196/Deadlymuse/ewty.jpg

Didn't really seem like a big enough deal for a bug report. Or to even be mentioned but w/e.

On topic though, how about a tweak to barrier where we can actually see it. Sometimes it doesn't show for some reason, and you just hover around bombing and do no damage.

Updating steam
October 11th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Not actually a question but just kinda tossing it out there.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f196/Deadlymuse/ewty.jpg

Didn't really seem like a big enough deal for a bug report. Or to even be mentioned but w/e.

On topic though, how about a tweak to barrier where we can actually see it. Sometimes it doesn't show for some reason, and you just hover around bombing and do no damage.

I would reccomend buying the 1st smash, so you can NPC it

1.42k profit gogo

Argosoul
October 11th, 2009, 02:39 PM
is there any recipe to make Pierce+Prob charm from CS?

like the DEF+EVA god charm?

*EchoEdit*

The items exist, but the recipes don't. It's up to the devs on that one.

Proboa
October 11th, 2009, 03:31 PM
How is babby form?

seriously though, will last nation standing ever occur again D:?

*EchoEdit*

If I ever had the time to actually do in-game stuff. I'm doing more stuff than just handling ACE now.

Kojiro
October 11th, 2009, 03:38 PM
NEVER STRAFE BOOLET, STOOPID

If you see me roll AG fire, it means I know it is a gate camp and I know I am being farmed. Enjoy the free KMs until I give up out of boredom.

Pinoyisthenewblack
October 11th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Since no new modes of arena besides deathmatch are on schedule, is there any chance to get 1 or 2 different maps? with different themes and new arquitechture (not sure about what word to use here)

FenderJazz
October 11th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Since no new modes of arena besides deathmatch are on schedule, is there any chance to get 1 or 2 different maps? with different themes and new arquitechture (not sure about what word to use here)
Architecture. You were close.

Another question: Any clue how many and which new maps we'll be getting in 3.3? Like, are we getting the map(s) with the missile-spamming boss and/or the ones linked from SSB that you posted SSes of from JAO?

*EchoEdit*

The new maps linked to SSB should be before Christmas. Won't guarantee a date on that one.

The stuff in 3-3....I'm not even sure how many maps. I only know of a few things related to it at this time. I'll be finding out a lot more soon in the future when it gets closer to the expected release time.

TurboBlaze
October 11th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Question about formations:-

When you join a form , full or not do you get exp AND drop rate +%?if so , what is that bonus rate?minimum and maximum.

Also , on top of the "hide enemy" and "hide ally" option on the menu, why not have "hide everyone BUT brigade members/with or without enemies" because seriously i couldn't care less about people out side the brigade , no offense.

Thanks in advance.

Nuclei
October 11th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Will the engine ever be tweaked to more extensively use gfx cards? This bugs me.

Will the amount of time before you automatically disconnect while loading the game ever be increased? A serious concern for me. When I'm in game, things are smooth and lag free. It's the severely long load-up time that gets me, and when it takes so long to load, I get disconnected.

Suggest a simple [pallet] attribute or stat point of sorts to each player, and in the client, update to include every texture of every gear. When the client loads another player, it'll use the [pallet] attribute to color the ship. Simple paint shop fix, no? They can't possibly tell you from any programming aspect that loading a texture from the client based on a received tag on another client (the same way you can see their name.) causes lag. (Sticking a ? here to make it a question >.>;;...)

Will there ever be maps that require skill to fly? Things like an obstacle course or such. Have a course for each type of gear, and a time trial system. Maybe you can earn special engines through this system or what not, or even trivial things like spi.

Is this gun now more valuable than the combined income and organs of everyone in <subject hometown>?

bacchen
October 12th, 2009, 05:47 AM
That reminds me to also ask, what about a sound fix for all us vista users who cannot hear repetitious sounds? I know there is a few with Creative Audigy cards that can make the sound work. It's been a problem for a very long time.

sonata
October 12th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Are there any plans for shifting or changing the current happy hour schedule or format?
Referring to the level range, duration, and percentage boots.

*EchoEdit*

I may decide to change the cycle one of these days. But it's a real pain plotting these cycles out. lol

Gimpy
October 12th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Are there any plans for shifting or changing the current happy hour schedule or format?
Referring to the level range, duration, and percentage boots.

No. You don't need it any higher, or anywhere above 70

guitarchamp1
October 12th, 2009, 04:04 PM
hey Echo will Echonight ever stop pwning me lol
on a serious note will we ever be able to get over level 100

guitarchamp1
October 12th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Echo will people that cant gt cres ever be able to get slot amours and stuff with out trading people

Gimpy
October 12th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Your questions are ****ing stupid.

And since you posted within two minutes of yourself, EDIT YOUR ****ING POST, ******

Bandro
October 12th, 2009, 07:41 PM
D: .... Echo do u love me? :(

*EchoEdit*

Get a number like all the others in the line over there *points towards a cliff*

Havok
October 12th, 2009, 07:44 PM
approximately how long until the 4th slots are available? (i want mah masquerade :S)

*EchoEdit*

Halloween Patch will come with it.

Scribbin
October 12th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Who were you in SCO. And what server were you from.

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
October 12th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Who were you in SCO. And what server were you from.
WindStryker, and apparently he played all servers, l2read, cherry-jello-shots-boy.

1. Also, who trasnfer revo now men pls we no sammers pls mens?

2. Will we ever be able to change our forum names? I need to swap green -> doc

VladTheImplier
October 12th, 2009, 10:39 PM
2. Will we ever be able to change our forum names? I need to swap green -> doc
http://www.subagames.com/myaccount.aspx?m=nickname

Hurdarp

Blairaoke
October 13th, 2009, 12:11 AM
http://www.subagames.com/myaccount.aspx?m=nickname

Hurdarp

LOLOL DOCS STUPId

Nelsinho
October 13th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Reposting my questions since i got no answers.

1 - When is Watermelon event going to end ?

2 - Will Evasion/Defense/Pierce cards be sold on Cards Shop?

3 - Is there a real possibility of an entire brigade get transfered from BCU/Artemis to ANI/Artemis ?

*EchoEdit*

1: When the devs actually give us something to remove it.
2: Under consideration
3: Moving entire brigades across nations require a lot of researching. Short answer is no. Long answer is we don't got the time to do it anytime soon. Maybe once things settle down on our end.

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
October 13th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Reposting my questions since i got no answers.

1 - When is Watermelon event going to end ?

2 - Will Evasion/Defense/Pierce cards be sold on Cards Shop?

3 - Is there a real possibility of an entire brigade get transfered from BCU/Artemis to ANI/Artemis ?

Never
Never
Revo or Never

Redrock98
October 13th, 2009, 04:16 PM
when will the banlist will be reapplied?

*EchoEdit*

Under consideration. It's a double edged sword in many ways.

Leo_Wavathar
October 13th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Q: Hmm.. when will Mecha Armors be introduced? :V

*EchoEdit*

Still in talks with the developers over it. If we cannot get it, we may be able to compromise with another event armor like watermelons.

Oshima
October 13th, 2009, 04:21 PM

Mecha Armor news, delayed due to various issues. (Echo mentioned this on the first page) I'm sure once Echo has a firm date he'll be more than happy to let us know.

Kojiro
October 13th, 2009, 06:51 PM
If we cannot get it, we may be able to compromise with another event armor like watermelons.

Noooooo!!!!!!! :(

You HAVE to fight for this!!! I'll give you all my chocolate!

Gimpy
October 13th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I want boo armors, with waving arms, blinking eyes and flailing tongues

ALSO IT HAS TO MAKE THE BOO SOUND WHEN YOU'RE ON FIRE AND IT HAS TO FLAME/SMOKE LITTLE WHITE GHOST POOFS

Leo_Wavathar
October 13th, 2009, 11:50 PM
If we cannot get it, we may be able to compromise with another event armor like watermelons.

*-* , Pumpkins and Ghosts! \o/

KingTraffickerLH
October 14th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Who'd win in a duel between Echo, Peter, and Sacch?

Trollpoke
October 14th, 2009, 06:27 PM

*EchoEdit*

Still in talks with the developers over it. If we cannot get it, we may be able to compromise with another event armor like watermelons.

mecha island?

they should have 100% base eva and have frenzyzerker to spam more missles then they should be able to carry.

like a real gundam.

Mike Cosgrove
October 14th, 2009, 07:16 PM
mecha island?

they should have 100% base eva and have frenzyzerker to spam more missles then they should be able to carry.

like a real gundam.

you're thinking of macross.

FenderJazz
October 14th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I'll be finding out a lot more soon in the future when it gets closer to the expected release time.
Any idea when that would be?

No. You don't need it any higher, or anywhere above 70
Oh you, always assuming people want an easier grind. Ever thought that maybe moving the times of the WP HHs is what people would want? I wouldn't mind seeing them at different times of the day, possibly even for longer amounts of time.

Unskilled1
October 15th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Will the 'paste' key be enabled for letters someday?

Will brigleaders/subleads be able to post a letter to the entire brigade like leaders can to the nation?

Why do D/E-Type armors not have the bonus regen stats like R-Type armor have?

*EchoEdit*

1: Thats something I'll try suggesting.

2: That too.

3: Known bug which we're trying to get the devs to dig out.

Leo_Wavathar
October 15th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Will the 'paste' key be enabled for letters someday?

Will brigleaders/subleads be able to post a letter to the entire brigade like leaders can to the nation?

Why do D/E-Type armors not have the bonus regen stats like R-Type armor have?

Nice questions here.

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
October 15th, 2009, 11:09 AM
1. Have you requested to the Devs adding Bipin and/or Norg skinned armors?

*EchoEdit*

I have, but havn't really gotten a clear answer about it...just mixed responses.

Fr1skyDingo
October 15th, 2009, 11:47 AM
What in the duece is a ban list? I thought if you were banned you just... fade away...

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
October 15th, 2009, 11:49 AM
1. Have you requested to the Devs adding Bipin and/or Norg skinned armors?

*EchoEdit*

I have, but havn't really gotten a clear answer about it...just mixed responses.
Oh dem fuggin koreANs. Bipin armors > mech armors.

Eatmywoo10times
October 15th, 2009, 12:18 PM
can we ask a question

3DSerg
October 15th, 2009, 12:25 PM
can we ask a question

This was stupid.

I know there is a lot of work to be done with Ace so isn't there a way for us,players,to help?

Maverick74
October 15th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Answers are coming lol

Gimpy
October 15th, 2009, 02:09 PM
What are my chances of getting a job at suba? :V

Mike Cosgrove
October 15th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Why the hell did I volunteer for this position?

Monkeynucleosis
October 15th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Why the hell did I volunteer for this position?

Because you don't have me there making it all better >.> I volunteered lol
didn't even get considered I bet :p

Actually I'll make it a question.

Echo, have I ever been considered as a choice for Mod?

PatronAngeL
October 15th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Echo, when will the HH timetable will be reposted and be the old one again(switch the item HH with exp HH from now)?

EchoSaviour
October 15th, 2009, 04:03 PM
What are my chances of getting a job at suba? :V

Same chances as you getting an interview here at suba

Gimpy
October 15th, 2009, 04:13 PM
EchoSaviour;25818']Same chances as you getting an interview here at suba

D:

But how would you even know who I was? :>

chicholino1
October 15th, 2009, 04:51 PM
*EchoEdit*

I already said customer service issues don't go here. In general they don't go to the forums. If you got problems bug customer support at ace@subagames.com

Gunchi
October 15th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Is Milleage shop ever going to be back?
Or any other way to get Mini level up sets, turkeys and such?

*EchoEdit*

We're working on it, we wouldn't say "Mileage Shop Coming Soon" on the site if we weren't.

Arturia Pendragon
October 15th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I got a few questions that are kinda iffy but im tossing em out there anyways.

1: Any information on this IDEA you had/discussed with suba a little while back...?

2: Any news you can reveal about the nation switching option discussed in the poll? (like is it in development, still in discussion, highly likely to be implemented etc)

reroll
October 15th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Anything new coming to the mileage shop and or Cash shop?

TurboBlaze
October 15th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Since my original post didn't get a reply , i suppose i'll post it again.

When you join a form , full or not do you get exp AND drop rate +%?if so , what is that bonus rate?minimum and maximum.

Also , on top of the "hide enemy" and "hide ally" option on the menu, why not have "hide everyone BUT brigade members/with or without enemies"Like under a tab called brigade options? because seriously i couldn't care less about people out side the brigade , no offense.

I know you're busy handling stuff in-game and in your office but hey what the thread's about is answering player's questions =P .

Thanks in advance.

Unskilled1
October 16th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Why can u invite people in your brigade while the security system is active?

This means when someone has your password he can login to your alts and invite someone in those brigade's and give them a rank. Then the guy with the rank can sweep the brigade warehouses from those alts. This all with the security system active :(

5n1p3
October 16th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Since my original post didn't get a reply , i suppose i'll post it again.

Also , on top of the "hide enemy" and "hide ally" option on the menu, why not have "hide everyone BUT brigade members/with or without enemies"Like under a tab called brigade options? because seriously i couldn't care less about people out side the brigade , no offense.

I know you're busy handling stuff in-game and in your office but hey what the thread's about is answering player's questions =P .

Thanks in advance.

1. yes you get a bonus for form i think it is like 5% for gear in map making a full for 30%, try watching your exp gains as each member joins in the map. (that is what it seems to me havent done the math on it) and as for drops i have no idea as i am kinda lucky on drops so i dont see much diff other than getting less in a form than without. (yes you read that right)

2. it does hide all but form members and as for hide names i dont see any diff in lag with/without.

and now for a question of my own, is there any way to keep the help function turned off? getting tired of seeing you cant join a formation or brigade till you are lvl 20, to reduce load add stats to fuel, etc.

*EchoEdit*

We're trying to get them to fix the bug where the help function stays off....

Tongbal4t
October 16th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Is the ticket for transfering slot armors available???i wana transfer my stormriser...

*EchoEdit*

We're pretty backlogged on things, the armor transfers are in the very low priority zone right now.

Gunchi
October 16th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Wheeee
Echo answered my question
-feels special-

Oshima
October 16th, 2009, 03:50 PM
What monsters have the ability to drop boss armors (85th lvl versions) in Sunshine Born?

less serious note: Does Fuzzywuzzy have hair?

*EchoEdit*

1: Find out the way everyone else does >=D

2: Yes

Gimpy
October 16th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Is fuzzywuzzy a furry?

Monkeynucleosis
October 17th, 2009, 02:15 AM
Will there ever be a possibility of running this game on Wine again?
I've tried CrossOver (knowing full well it won't work but trying hopelessly)
on my Mac. The launcher comes out, and it gives an error. I know its the
HShield and I'm not asking for help with this.

Just wanna know one thing:

Will there ever be a way to run this game on Wine again?

FortunePaw
October 17th, 2009, 03:29 AM
1. yes you get a bonus for form i think it is like 5% for gear in map making a full for 30%, try watching your exp gains as each member joins in the map. (that is what it seems to me havent done the math on it) and as for drops i have no idea as i am kinda lucky on drops so i dont see much diff other than getting less in a form than without. (yes you read that right)

2. it does hide all but form members and as for hide names i dont see any diff in lag with/without.

and now for a question of my own, is there any way to keep the help function turned off? getting tired of seeing you cant join a formation or brigade till you are lvl 20, to reduce load add stats to fuel, etc.

*EchoEdit*

We're trying to get them to fix the bug where the help function stays off....

http://i37.tinypic.com/2zyel3q.jpg

Just uncheck that help one. I've been help free since I started playing.

5n1p3
October 17th, 2009, 09:09 AM
and you dont have to uncheck it everytime you log in?

Flakstorm
October 17th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Is the ticket for transfering slot armors available???i wana transfer my stormriser...

*EchoEdit*

We're pretty backlogged on things, the armor transfers are in the very low priority zone right now.

please reconsider for exceptional cases - i.e. armours that got stucked in between friends' inventory before the patch.

i'm stucked using a e10 shield. upgraded the slot thinking it can be xferred back as a gift after the recent *oops* lv8 only patch.

i can understand the logic if u did one woman u have to do 'em all - but reconsider, thanks.

5n1p3
October 17th, 2009, 09:38 AM
ok sure they will just drop everything for everyone else dealing with lag issues upcoming patches etc just to transfer an armor for you. im waiting for 2 armor and do you see any posts of me asking for them to transfer for me?
please lrn2read stickies.

and in what way was that a q/a type of post?

Flakstorm
October 17th, 2009, 10:00 AM
ok sure they will just drop everything for everyone else dealing with lag issues upcoming patches etc just to transfer an armor for you. im waiting for 2 armor and do you see any posts of me asking for them to transfer for me?
please lrn2read stickies.

and in what way was that a q/a type of post?

lag = pending hardware delivery.
upcoming patches = QC & QA process
with their responsibilities for BAU operations;

i am asking GMs to reconsider allowing armours to go through for certain players who are in a certain situation.

if i asked for a xfer because i bought the armour after the announcement that we can't trade was out. i deserved it. but someone TRADED their armour for me to TRY and it got STUCKED the next week.

IGI
October 17th, 2009, 12:15 PM
i am asking GMs to reconsider allowing armours to go through for certain players who are in a certain situation.

if i asked for a xfer because i bought the armour after the announcement that we can't trade was out. i deserved it. but someone TRADED their armour for me to TRY and it got STUCKED the next week.
Yes, I agree with this, I dont think it was any kind of notification that they were gonna be untradable also. After the patch, it was just untradable leaving them stuck on peoples gears who maybe have lent it out or borrowed; in Snow's case.

lolubub
October 17th, 2009, 09:36 PM
When is Watermelon event going to end ?
i would like to know it too ? because i like spending time in w.i. at drop HH

echo have u fun being and working as GM of ACE O. ?

EchoSaviour
October 18th, 2009, 10:42 AM
We'll still do transfers of the armor, just has to be based off a previous trade and not a new trade. Thing is armor trades are a low priority right now.

lolubub
October 20th, 2009, 01:37 PM
u seems to be very very busy right now
echo
what are you working at the moment , some terrible bug fixing or testing something or is it about upcoming patch ?

*EchoEdit*

A day in the life of EchoSaviour.

9:30 to 10:00 am - Enter office with the usual coffee and muffin. Sometimes a takeout order of breakfast.
9:30 to 10:00 am - Get settled, and check email
10:00 am - Email, patch information and files, recent reports on various aspects of the service. Read.
10:10 am - Check schedule - Get things done in priority
10:20 am - Update situation with technical. Server and website. Get patch to technical staff
10:50 am - Read up on patch information. Write up patch plan
11:20 am - Patch testing / try to break things.
12:30 pm - Lunch
1:30 pm - Get back to work, get the memo from customer service
1:30 pm - Check up what needs to be done in priority from customer service
1:30 pm - Impromptu boss call, tells me to check up a few things
1:50 pm - Finish up impromptu boss call, back to customer service stuff
2:30 pm - Another impromptu boss call, write up documentation for various new projects.
3:30 pm - Get updated from technical staff, test some of the new stuff for the website.
4:30 pm - Back to customer service stuff, also begin log checks
5:25 pm - Everyone's favorite 5:25 event
5:30 pm - Work with design on some of the stuff going to the website.
6:00 pm - Get back to testing new patch
6:30 pm - Talk with bosses, update situation with them.
7:00 pm - Work with technical, learn the new aspects of the patch tech-side
8:00 pm - Dinner with whoever is left in the office
9:00 pm - Communicate with Yedang / Masang. Get the extra information needed on patch to get things to work. Clarify localization issues
9:45 pm - Last few things to clear up with technical on patch
10:00 pm - Call it a day. Take the car and get home.

Oshima
October 20th, 2009, 02:23 PM
When can we expect to start seeing Pierce suffixes appearing in game?
Would you consider releasing a list of all the fixes (new names) and their stats or are you once again leaving this up to the playerbase to assemble?
Any new developments on the Mecha Armor? Last you mentioned it, you were uncertain as to whether or not we would even see them in game.

*EchoEdit*
1: That something I'll have to think about. For the most part not having the suffixes may be a good thing.
2: I'll let you guys figure it out =P
3: There's issues regarding the mech armors that are outside our control and semi-outside of masang's control.

ArtoriusDivinus
October 20th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Oshi, Echo said somewhere earlier it's 90% sure we get them as WP only.

Oshima
October 20th, 2009, 05:13 PM

*EchoEdit*

So I thought also, until this was posted afterwords.

Pinoyisthenewblack
October 21st, 2009, 07:07 PM
Have you though about the nation reset again? or is it completely discarded by now?

Mike Cosgrove
October 21st, 2009, 07:12 PM

9:30 to 10:00 am - Enter office with the usual coffee and muffin. Sometimes a takeout order of breakfast.
10:00 am - Email, patch information and files, recent reports on various aspects of the service. Read.
10:20 am - Update situation with technical. Server and website. Get patch to technical staff
2:30 pm - Another impromptu boss call, write up documentation for various new projects.
3:30 pm - Get updated from technical staff, test some of the new stuff for the website.
9:00 pm - Communicate with Yedang / Masang. Get the extra information needed on patch to get things to work. Clarify localization issues

brb, writing comic.

Trollpoke
October 21st, 2009, 07:48 PM
u seems to be very very busy right now
echo
what are you working at the moment , some terrible bug fixing or testing something or is it about upcoming patch ?

*EchoEdit*

i feel sorry for you.

StukaBomber
October 22nd, 2009, 12:07 AM
Is it true that they are nerfing BGs in the Korean Ace? Nerfed bawoos/86 engs?

gnosis22
October 22nd, 2009, 07:42 AM
Will we be allowed to fix and enchant unique weapons in future patches?

Haptic
October 22nd, 2009, 11:02 AM
Will we be allowed to fix and enchant unique weapons in future patches?

*EchoEdit*

I just don't remember if Echo answered this already. qq. My brane has owie btw. I miss ace...qq stupid craptop.

Echo how does this game run on Windows 7 or has that not been tested yet?

Kiradorn
October 22nd, 2009, 12:25 PM
I would love to know if m-gears are being nerfed any further?

def cards = *thumbs up* but peirce just broke it all and m-gears havent had a single "de-nerf" sinse sco ( bg's bawoos, peirce, def /ig's perice rate/ and ag's leg smash)

Mr.Ken
October 22nd, 2009, 12:29 PM
When can we enter back in FreeSKA?

Shuffl3z
October 22nd, 2009, 02:43 PM
I just don't remember if Echo answered this already. qq. My brane has owie btw. I miss ace...qq stupid craptop.

Echo how does this game run on Windows 7 or has that not been tested yet?

it works now just fine , they updated the Hackshiled like 1 month ago so the game works fine now

Lonewolf7191
October 22nd, 2009, 04:39 PM
what is the "Outer form: Standard outer form" in the armor stats??
beginning of new paint shop?

*EchoEdit*

Not even sure myself. Wasn' t notified of this being added to the game. Was surprised when I first saw it

skyterror551
October 22nd, 2009, 08:43 PM
Gm ECHO
if anyone has a suggestion towards a new armour or weapon
can we email you and give it
and if it gets to be in-game do we get compensation for the idea?

Trollpoke
October 22nd, 2009, 09:36 PM
what is the "Outer form: Standard outer form" in the armor stats??
beginning of new paint shop?

*EchoEdit*

Not even sure myself. Wasn' t notified of this being added to the game. Was surprised when I first saw it

maybe they are allowing you to change the skin of the armors eventually.

so like... FFFF NON-UGLY VALK VEIL.

or a rapid binder skin on a tackle binder.... D;

ApocryphaB
October 23rd, 2009, 01:34 AM
Last Nation Standing?

50v50, 100v100, Fog, Rain, Snow

FortunePaw
October 23rd, 2009, 03:13 AM
Last Nation Standing?

50v50, 100v100, Fog, Rain, Snow, Lag Lag Lag

fixed. :D

wtf2short

Monkeynucleosis
October 23rd, 2009, 06:36 AM
What's your favorite part about working for SUBA?
What is it about being a GM that puts a smile on your
face at the end of the day?

~t

*EchoEdit*

1a: Paycheck for doing stuff I like to do.
1b: Being able to understand why ACE Online is the way it is. Having been a very informed player from the early days to being GM working with the devs, a lot of things make sense. Sure everyone likes to bash the devs, but lets just say this. From what I've seen and experienced, Masang is a far better developer than the other korean devs I've encountered.
1c: ???
1d: Profit (look at a1)

2: Trying out new content as well as working on localization of it.

Lonewolf7191
October 23rd, 2009, 11:20 AM
can you tell us in a new thread when u know what the "outer form" is??

(would be awsome, tia)

and also do everything u can to get info about it?

Amarin
October 23rd, 2009, 10:43 PM
*EchoEdit*

recently i have had idea about optical change on armor gonna post the idea later , since u have the whole day to do stuff

brb, writing comic.

i wanna see ;)

can you tell us in a new thread when u know what the "outer form" is??

(would be awsome, tia)

and also do everything u can to get info about it?

if u read more the description of the weapon armor , maybe u will get the idea .

My opinion : i think this "outer form" has something to do with visual optic or how does things look like , since u can change the animation (by trails) why not to change how your weapon, armor look like so i think that way was added this option , im 100% sure we not gonna get any updates for this part and it gonna pass half year until we will hear something about it.

The idea is u take an ugly armor from AG lvl 1 and change its look to ....lets say somewhat cash shop looking armor , so u will have as result some odd normal armor + cash shop look (i don't think it gonna be free or at least half free) end result = u have awesome armor with ugly stats that no one will see . that way we could resize doublecoat armor to the one from WarP shop (just a dream)

Updating steam
October 23rd, 2009, 11:03 PM
Chaos is a space map, so why is there gravity?
And why does your gear slow down after a boost in chaos? There's no air friction you should just keep going...

FortunePaw
October 23rd, 2009, 11:27 PM
And why does your gear slow down after a boost in chaos? There's no air friction you should just keep going...

Then... bg will be so overpowered in there. No gravity = front firing GBM...

Trollpoke
October 24th, 2009, 01:31 AM

"gravity" is just a term used to describe something we know exists, but know nothing about. something about large mass on the fabric of space-time "bends" it to create a distortion we call gravity.

there may be no air in chaos, but there may be other gases to create friction

Question for echo:

WHAT DID U DO TO ZEEH DRANGON TRAILS EH?

THEY LAG ME NOW MOAR THEN BEFORE.

Lonewolf7191
October 24th, 2009, 06:02 AM
recently i have had idea about optical change on armor gonna post the idea later , since u have the whole day to do stuff

i wanna see ;)

if u read more the description of the weapon armor , maybe u will get the idea .

My opinion : i think this "outer form" has something to do with visual optic or how does things look like , since u can change the animation (by trails) why not to change how your weapon, armor look like so i think that way was added this option , im 100% sure we not gonna get any updates for this part and it gonna pass half year until we will hear something about it.

The idea is u take an ugly armor from AG lvl 1 and change its look to ....lets say somewhat cash shop looking armor , so u will have as result some odd normal armor + cash shop look (i don't think it gonna be free or at least half free) end result = u have awesome armor with ugly stats that no one will see . that way we could resize doublecoat armor to the one from WarP shop (just a dream)
weapons have it too...

can you tell us why, echo? :P

Nwah
October 24th, 2009, 09:00 PM
If you had read the background info, you would know chaos is a wierd region of space that is not fully understood and has gravity.

IIYuriII
October 24th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Seriously GM Echo

When PrePaid Card will be at 7-11 !! i am serious !!

*EchoEdit*

No clue, I'm not involved in that loop =/

PallyVII
October 25th, 2009, 12:59 PM
EchoSaviour;28996']It's a pretty solid alternative to say the least. Actually it's a very solid alternative. Just save up your WP. I don't want to spoil the surprise.

This has nothing to do with the mecha armors, correct?

And, what can you tell us about this? How much WP should we save, will this implementation make the current WP armors useless in comparison? And, can I safely assume this has nothing to do with the pumpkin system?

*EchoEdit*

Yup, something no relation to mecha armors. In regards to the current WP armors, I don't have much info on that yet. But suffice to say the WP shop will be frequented a lot more.

Runt
October 25th, 2009, 05:15 PM
How did Subaget its name?

*EchoEdit*

This is the office story, but I have no clue if it's true since I wasn't part of Suba at the time and the source isn't the most reliable lol. Anyways when they were deciding the name, one of the graphic guys at the time had a desktop wallpaper of a Subaru Impreza and he just randomly said Suba Games....and it stuck.

Trollpoke
October 25th, 2009, 07:15 PM
is ace ever going to support windows 7?

guitarchamp1
October 25th, 2009, 09:01 PM
What new stuff can we look forward in the near future

gnosis22
October 26th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Can the dev's implement 1680x1050 resolution finally?

Been asking this since sco. :D

And don't say its not possible because back in SCO it was a trivial fix by modding one of the binaries after hackshield was removed from the game. The menus were a little out of place, but it looked so much nicer at full resolution. It seriously should be maybe a 30 min job to recode it.

Fix doesn't work now because hackshield flips out at the modification of the binary.

FortunePaw
October 26th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Can the dev's implement 1680x1050 resolution finally?

Been asking this since sco. :D

And don't say its not possible because back in SCO it was a trivial fix by modding one of the binaries after hackshield was removed from the game. The menus were a little out of place, but it looked so much nicer at full resolution. It seriously should be maybe a 30 min job to recode it.

Fix doesn't work now because hackshield flips out at the modification of the binary.

I will answer this for echo. :D

Just follow this link: http://board.airrivals.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11898&pageNo=1

I'm not guarantee those will works with what we've got here, but sure can give it a try at least.

gnosis22
October 26th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I will answer this for echo. :D

Just follow this link: http://board.airrivals.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11898&pageNo=1

I'm not guarantee those will works with what we've got here, but sure can give it a try at least.

It doesn't still work ;)

Link is borked, but the modding of the binary file (i.e. replacing 1480x940 with the resolution you want) is picked up by hackshield because the checksum of the file changes.

Trollpoke
October 26th, 2009, 02:14 PM
i tried it yesterday... dosn't work.

and while your at it, why not support custom resolutions?

its really not that hard to code...

stumpy
October 26th, 2009, 04:00 PM
is ks'ing bannable. people were talking about it in chat. was wondering if it is bannable offense.

gnosis22
October 26th, 2009, 04:19 PM
i tried it yesterday... dosn't work.

and while your at it, why not support custom resolutions?

its really not that hard to code...

Because who needs coders when you can hire graphic designers. :p

*sigh* This game would be millions of times better if the devs just hired semi-competent programmers.

Trollpoke
October 26th, 2009, 04:20 PM
is ks'ing bannable. people were talking about it in chat. was wondering if it is bannable offense.

technically, its within the reaches TOS if you word it correctly.

in reality, unless you constantly target and harass one person for a extended period of time, at the very most u'll get a bean.

Amarin
October 27th, 2009, 05:59 AM

here is quote

Poptart']
kill steal ban able ?
item steal ban able ?

actually it's same thing

It would have to depend on the situation, kill stealing 1 time is not a ban, but if done over and over it could result in a temp ban.

ArtoriusDivinus
October 27th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Still think it shouldn't be, this is a competitive game, not a happy joy joy I grind with you PT clone.

Although yeah, KSers are frowned upon.

Amarin
October 27th, 2009, 06:52 AM
echo would be nice to hear your opinion about it
http://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=2396

Trollpoke
October 27th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Still think it shouldn't be, this is a competitive game, not a happy joy joy I grind with you PT clone.

Although yeah, KSers are frowned upon.

no its within the realm of reason.

say is X player harassed and ksed Y player 24/7 whenever they got on for like... a month.

that would be probably a ban

TomQuayle
October 27th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Echo.... can we have an event with a reward of legend upgrade for 100%? :D

synestra
October 27th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I created a security password in game. I can use it to unlock my inventory and warehouse. But I tried to delete the character and start a fresh one.

It asked for the character name and security password.

I entered both of them and I got the response:

Password Incorrect

I went into the game and entered it and gt access to my warehouse and inventory.

My Question Is:

Is there a way to disable the Security Password so I can delete that character?

ArtoriusDivinus
October 27th, 2009, 01:38 PM
I created a security password in game. I can use it to unlock my inventory and warehouse. But I tried to delete the character and start a fresh one.

It asked for the character name and security password.

I entered both of them and I got the response:

Password Incorrect

I went into the game and entered it and gt access to my warehouse and inventory.

My Question Is:

Is there a way to disable the Security Password so I can delete that character?

Ctrl + F10 deactivates the security system untill you reactivate it using just F10.

Now, I believe this thread is only for questions that we the community cannot answer, aka, future patches/content, events and things like that.

synestra
October 27th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Ctrl + F10 deactivates the security system untill you reactivate it using just F10.

Now, I believe this thread is only for questions that we the community cannot answer, aka, future patches/content, events and things like that.

F10 deactivates it but when I log out and back in, it is still active, I have to deactivate it again. Is there no way to turn if off completely? I am trying to delete my character but the security password keeps coming back as incorrect, even though when I log into the game, it works fine!!!!

So, unless you have something useful that I can do to deactivate the security password permanently, I believe your sarcasm is needed else where. I have searched these forums for this answer and there is none. Hence the reason I posted it here. IN THE Q / A Post!!!!

Thank You Nitro, your sarcasm is duely noted! I hope you enjoy mine as well Private Nitro!

Shuffl3z
October 28th, 2009, 11:30 AM
F10 deactivates it but when I log out and back in, it is still active, I have to deactivate it again. Is there no way to turn if off completely? I am trying to delete my character but the security password keeps coming back as incorrect, even though when I log into the game, it works fine!!!!

So, unless you have something useful that I can do to deactivate the security password permanently, I believe your sarcasm is needed else where. I have searched these forums for this answer and there is none. Hence the reason I posted it here. IN THE Q / A Post!!!!

Thank You Nitro, your sarcasm is duely noted! I hope you enjoy mine as well Private Nitro!

He Said Ctrl+F10 u ****ing ******* , not Only F10

ArtoriusDivinus
October 28th, 2009, 01:11 PM

Ctrl + F10

Is this easier to read?

Also, another question for Echo, regarding pumpkin weaps.

Is e7 a requirement, or OVER e7?

EchoSaviour
October 28th, 2009, 01:17 PM
i'll need to clarify it with the devs.

synestra
October 28th, 2009, 04:31 PM
excuse the f*** out of me but when i hit ctrl+f10 it does nothing. Only when i hit f10 does anything come up. I tried ctrl+f10 in game and in gear select screen, neither way is doing a d*** thing.

ctrl + f10 is doing nothing!!!!

Got the picture????

AufMeinGrass
October 28th, 2009, 04:54 PM
excuse the f*** out of me but when i hit ctrl+f10 it does nothing. Only when i hit f10 does anything come up. I tried ctrl+f10 in game and in gear select screen, neither way is doing a d*** thing.

Got the picture????

Well obviously you're doing something wrong

iDenarous
October 28th, 2009, 10:35 PM
You sir, are not in control.

Amarin
October 28th, 2009, 10:39 PM

Got the picture????

did u tried to enter character name ? (once u click on delete button)

FenderJazz
October 29th, 2009, 01:52 AM

That's not sarcasm, it's truth. This question is for questions only Echo can answer, for this problem you should posted here: http://forum.subagames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10 He was giving all the help he could give, so please be nicer next time.

And before you ask, no I do not know how you permanently deactivate the security question.

CAPTAIN PLANET
October 29th, 2009, 01:59 AM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h263/Decider322/Misc/20091027174747DjPus.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h263/Decider322/Misc/addiotion.png

So... is this gonna reach us at any point?

*EchoEdit*

Thats like a month from now or something around that time.

Trollpoke
October 29th, 2009, 02:02 AM
well, i went to look for some screenshots.... and theres new folders in the install directory D;

Win-Sys i'd assume is what makes ace work with win7, but what is Res-Bbd going to be used for in the future? custom skins/paints?

StukaBomber
October 29th, 2009, 11:59 AM

*EchoEdit*

Are these slot armours or WP armours?

Trollpoke
October 29th, 2009, 01:00 PM

*EchoEdit*

wait... we get up to teir 6 armor in a months time?

so does that mean we get teir 5 in 2 weeks or 5&6 at once?

*EchoEdit*

We're at Teir 4 already. So Teir 5 is pretty soon.

ArtoriusDivinus
October 29th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Will we get a replacement for Mechas if we don't get those? :V *aka replacement WP armors*

donvision
October 29th, 2009, 09:04 PM
That just suck, we only get more and more damn credit**** things.
And for ppl who dont creditwhore theres like no chance to get one of these armors especially where they cant be trade at higher versions now.

Thats just stupid
When we will get teir 10?

Anyways, that ig binder looks nice

Trollpoke
October 29th, 2009, 11:00 PM
That just suck, we only get more and more damn credit**** things.
And for ppl who dont creditwhore theres like no chance to get one of these armors especially where they cant be trade at higher versions now.

Thats just stupid
When we will get teir 10?

Anyways, that ig binder looks nice

they have to make money somehow. and its better then no patches at all. just remember, u could have been still loseing buffs when u die. :<

Amarin
October 30th, 2009, 12:39 AM
any way to get ID as one teleport with 0 and 1 room
and getting more rooms for ID safe area ?
if u pop invis and somewhat bg come because it like to ,and there is no way to change anything of his ignorance its impossible to play , and customer support would get headache receiving KS reports

Mike Cosgrove
October 30th, 2009, 01:30 AM
It's a pvp game. Their used to be no safe channels. I think times were better when noobies could call in help and start a small skirmish. Helped foster realtionships between people who were going to hit reasonable level cap and those who already did.

iDenarous
October 30th, 2009, 01:31 AM
any way to get ID as one teleport with 0 and 1 room
and getting more rooms for ID safe area ?
if u pop invis and somewhat bg come because it like to ,and there is no way to change anything of his ignorance its impossible to play , and customer support would get headache receiving KS reports

Going to step in on this one a bit Echo with an objection.

I'd have to go against this because it will cause more gatehoppers in ID wars that will ruin them somewhat.

Trollpoke
October 30th, 2009, 02:12 AM
****ing put a 5 second cd on gates.

Pinoyisthenewblack
October 30th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Echo, have you considered the nation wipe again? or some balance mechanism? the issue is rather critical at least in artemis, or is the idea discarded already?

*EchoEdit*
It's still an option to keep available. Right now I've just been really busy with a ton of things.

Kojiro
October 30th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I know that we have the option to make a Haloween mark with Killmarks and Sweet Pumpkins. You mentioned that much. You also mentioned that 300 KMs and 10 Sweet Pumpkins make a mark.

I am curious because I see a lot of differing Halloween marks on Japan Ace Online (e.g. cat and candy coming out of a pumpkin, witch's hat, etc). So, are there other marks we can make? And if so, what are the recipies for them.

/I'd kinda hate for the event to pass and not get what I can :)

*EchoEdit*

The Japanese has a system that we don't have but we are in the process of developing our own variation on it. We already contacted the developers about it and once it's setup we should be able to get more event items and stuff like that. Right now there is only one halloween recipe but in the Japanese one, there is one recipe and 2 alternative means of getting stuff outside the game. Much like our mileage but for events only.

Pinoyisthenewblack
October 30th, 2009, 03:10 PM
It's still an option to keep available. Right now I've just been really busy with a ton of things.

Good, I really hope you can find some time to give it a look :x

Kojiro
October 30th, 2009, 05:18 PM
ah, excellent. I was wondering how to get those other marks :P

Guess I'll make my simple pumpkin / カボチャ then :)

GrandSkyDemon
October 30th, 2009, 09:40 PM
ECHO, couldn't pm you in forums,

can you remove this spare forced radio silence that stucked in my inventory? pl0x

*EchoEdit*

A spare o.O I'll check it out.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
October 31st, 2009, 03:00 AM
could we have all kill-marks exchanged for sweet pumpkins once Halloween event is over ?:rolleyes:

Updating steam
October 31st, 2009, 09:42 AM
So like, do you, or any of the other GMs talk aboot stoof in an obnoxious stereotypical Canadian accent, do ya now, EH?

*EchoEdit*

Eh?

AIexanderp
October 31st, 2009, 10:01 AM
So like, do you, or any of the other GMs talk aboot stoof in an obnoxious stereotypical Canadian accent, do ya now, EH?

thats like saying everyone in the uk talks like me
now i have a yorkshire (deedaa subaccent) accent with a touch of irish

ask revovent :0

edit:

echo whats the word on gear balance? (primarily 86 b-gears and bigsmashs) anything on the way from the devs to help with that?

*EchoEdit*

Can't give any details on it. But lets just say I just sent a 21 page document on what changes ACE needed. (The literally asked for it lol)

KalaVon1
October 31st, 2009, 10:07 AM
Yeah.. Umm.. I have a question for you..
When are you, or whom ever is actually in charge of fixing things going to do something about the lag. I mean come on, You all are doing things that are less important anyways. And I know your trying to market a product here, but what good is marketing when you can't supply a product with some kind of quality other then bad. I know I have put my credit card back in my pocket untill things are better, (A LOT BETTER) with the lag being gone.

Another thing for you to realize. Every customer has friends and those friends have friends. Now I have gotten some of my friends to try AO, and they quit because of the lag issues. Unfortunetly for you they have already told thier friends about the issues here at AO and those friends, I am sure have told thier friends.

Do you get the concept here.
This lag NEED's to be fixed. So when are you or some one in charge of fixing things going to fix that lag.

*EchoEdit*

I'm not part of the technical team, so I have other priorities. I also know that it's never an easy thing to pinpoint lag, especially when the servers are operational. If you want the lag fixed faster, then we'll have to shut down the servers for an indefinite period of time and I'm certain thats something no one wants.

If you think it's easy then throw up your opinion on how it can be fixed.

What I do know is that we've seriously been trying to figure it out and aside from the fact we need the developers to confirm a few things, it shouldn't be too long till we fix it.

MrNice
October 31st, 2009, 10:51 AM
can you confirm that after the event the pumpkin weapons will dissappear when they fall back to e5?

*EchoEdit*

If the weapons are not E7 or higher by the time Halloween ends, it's gone. It doesn't matter if it WAS E7. It has to be at LEAST E7 by then end.

Amarin
October 31st, 2009, 11:25 AM
Going to step in on this one a bit Echo with an objection.

I'd have to go against this because it will cause more gatehoppers in ID wars that will ruin them somewhat.

the subject was a room to gain exp and not for war (there is enough space to fight ) , what i mean is if i teleported to ID poped invisibil and start to gain exp,then 20 mins later come bg with " now i am here and u may fu.. off" , fly mobs are damn rare in the ID and spawn rate getting lower if someone teleports. if the game for BG only , so sorry say it at beginning ,at least ppl dont need to waste their time

reroll
November 1st, 2009, 01:32 AM
A couple questions regarding the halloween event.

Will we still be able to enchant/gamble our pumpkin weapons after the event ends?

If so, say we were to wipe the enchants or should it fail after being eprotected and be reduced to 5 after the events ended will it dissapear or can we enchant it back up?

*EchoEdit*

After the event ends and the weapon still exists, it's pretty much a normal weapon at that point.

Lonewolf7191
November 1st, 2009, 09:14 AM
can subagames get an IRC chat for support an such, it would be awsome

if you get a IRC chat, IP ban Gimpy ASAP

also, can you de-trail pumkin weapons, i think they look ugly, rly, RLY, REALLY ugly

*EchoEdit*

I personally want to avoid an IRC chat support (My hands are full enough as is, an extra layer to monitor would pretty much make me ragequit lol)

Detrail pumpkin weapons...nope.

Shuffl3z
November 1st, 2009, 09:22 AM
can subagames get an IRC chat for support an such, it would be awsome

if you get a IRC chat, IP ban Gimpy ASAP

there was IRC for suba but not that much ppl did join it , also Gimpy is funny so banning him out of it , would destroy the fun

ArtoriusDivinus
November 1st, 2009, 09:24 AM
Gimpy is a requirement in an IRC channel, he'd keep the retard population to a minimum.

Lonewolf7191
November 1st, 2009, 12:08 PM
i said for SUPPORT and such, if a noob comes to the IRC and says that he cant get the launcher to start because its maint (and he doesnt know what maint is), Gimpy'll say "HURR HURR YOU SUCK!!, ITS MAINTENANCE NOOB GET OUT!! HURR HURR" or something like that and noone would like to be there, exept for Gimpys "accepted- do not troll" list, which includes them who think hes funny

CAPTAIN PLANET
November 2nd, 2009, 03:28 AM
thats like saying everyone in the uk talks like me

edit:

echo whats the word on gear balance? (primarily 86 b-gears and bigsmashs) anything on the way from the devs to help with that?

no, you sound like jetfire.

Updating steam
November 2nd, 2009, 03:37 AM
thats like asking if anyone in the uk talks like me

Keywords meng, keywords.

im_not_poly
November 2nd, 2009, 03:53 AM
tomcat has the best accent on vent

KingTraffickerLH
November 2nd, 2009, 04:08 PM
tomcat has the best accent on vent
Agreed :V

Also, Are we going to have the Christmas event again this year?

ApocryphaB
November 2nd, 2009, 09:23 PM
Brigade/Formation/1v1/2v2 Tournaments in the near future?

*EchoEdit*

If the devs can implement just one or two server side features, then we can make this automated on the website

Trollpoke
November 3rd, 2009, 01:09 PM
is custom resolutions on your to-do list :\

*EchoEdit*

Do you think the game engine can support custom resolutions efficiently?

Nwah
November 3rd, 2009, 02:47 PM
Any chance of having Island Dream safe removed? IMO by that level you should be competent enough to handle some PVP, and it'd get the pandea maps some more use.

*EchoEdit*

Hmm....removing it can be a double edged sword. For every change there is also a reaction elsewhere.

Trollpoke
November 3rd, 2009, 02:57 PM
is custom resolutions on your to-do list :\

*EchoEdit*

Do you think the game engine can support custom resolutions efficiently?

yes it can.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/600/atm00004.jpg
http://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=2803

EchoSaviour
November 3rd, 2009, 02:59 PM
Thats something not put in by the dev team.

Which is why I asked, can it handle it efficiently? =P

Trollpoke
November 3rd, 2009, 03:03 PM
EchoSaviour;34812']Thats something not put in by the dev team.

Which is why I asked, can it handle it efficiently? =P

i'm workign on geting a high level ar account to test it.

Lonewolf7191
November 3rd, 2009, 03:54 PM
when is LeonAGear getting his terol back? ha lost it during the trailing when the pumpkin patch was 5mins new and the trailing system was broke, he asked several GMs (you and sacc), but noone have answered him

*EchoEdit*
Hands are full with so many things =/. Doesn't help when I'm not handling more than just ACE stuff these days.

Crimsontimmy
November 3rd, 2009, 04:31 PM
Did you miss me?

Also where did my stories go?

Also did you ever find them funny?

Trollpoke
November 3rd, 2009, 05:13 PM
what is your stance on resolution forcing? (if we get it working through legit means)

as you seen in the ss's, the combat GUI is enlarged to the point where your std weapons are auto aimed, and gaining a lock would be far easier.

pretty broken if you ask me... but that's only cause the devs cut corners. if they recoded it while redoing the GUI, then it would be fine. but nooooo. >>

EchoSaviour
November 3rd, 2009, 05:16 PM
Well, technically resolution forcing is something the devs didn't want.

And if it is something that can be exploited then it would become a bannable offense.

gnosis22
November 3rd, 2009, 05:34 PM
Give us higher widescreen resolutions at least. (1680x1050)

The game looks 23482758979385789473435 times better being able to run it at the actual resolution the monitor supports.

EDIT: Will people get in trouble if they keep bugging about this issue?

EchoSaviour
November 3rd, 2009, 05:42 PM
if it becomes like the paint shop then it becomes spamming.

for the most part though, i'll have to ask

Trollpoke
November 3rd, 2009, 06:02 PM
i got myself a spy account on ar and got lucky enough to be on durning an sp. avraged ~25fps w/ fraps off... ~10fps with fraps on. its not bad acually everything considered. not bad at all. i'm compressing the video now... just gimme an hour and i'll have it up.

ApocryphaB
November 3rd, 2009, 07:14 PM
I forgot what version it was, but I was able to stretch the screen in windowed mode. Should be able to do that.

Trollpoke
November 3rd, 2009, 07:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2zxijWbU64

heres a little clip. its not bad considering fraps brought my computer to its knees.

Crimsontimmy
November 3rd, 2009, 08:28 PM
I thought this up in chat right after the SP voice came over the game.

Could we replace her voice with that of a porn star?

PallyVII
November 3rd, 2009, 08:39 PM
Question : Can you move my gear to ANI to help with the balance issues on Artemis? Or, how would I go about applying for a transfer?

*EchoEdit*

I'm still trying to get through some other high priority issues. I havn't even had the chance to look at balance =/ Things should settle soon when certain things are fixed up.

Loveee
November 4th, 2009, 07:54 AM
GM Echo

About the Halloween event items, is it possible to be able to trade them with others after the event?

BGs i know have arrows they had dropped. and all i have is 2 tails, originally 3. and its being a waste of space in the wh because we cant use them.

Nwah
November 4th, 2009, 10:27 AM
GM Echo

About the Halloween event items, is it possible to be able to trade them with others after the event?

BGs i know have arrows they had dropped. and all i have is 2 tails, originally 3. and its being a waste of space in the wh because we cant use them.

Click them to the trashcan in your inventory and they'll go away:P.

Updating steam
November 4th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Buy membership, grind an IG to wingman. Give the arrows to your IG and CS the hell out of them.

Enjoy wingman 32-51 arena ^^