PDA

View Full Version : A Replay System

Polleus
October 7th, 2010, 11:56 PM
I would like to suggest a replay/demo system and its features. For one, this would certainly help in the hack reporting area as it would provide more visual proof of such actions. Two, it would open the door to easier montage/video creation which would increase the visibility of this game to the market (business standpoint in attracting more users). Now, I'm not suggesting just any system. It would have to have certain features in order to be a successful replay system. If I leave anything out, please feel free to add on to this.

- Accurate recording of the match such as proper weapon fire (recoil/spread, muzzle flash), no delay, ammo count etc. Able to watch it as if you were the player in the game at that moment. An accurate recording as if you were to record the game play yourself from a live match.
- Fast forward/rewind/pause/stop (For quicker view of replay to a specific round)
- 1st person/3rd person/Free float view options
- Able to show/not show the "Replay Bar", which has all the features on it (FFW, REW, Pause, etc) So that if you were to record it for a video, you would not have to cut off the screen to hide the Replay bar.
- Ability to enable/disable name tags for specific reasons.

That's all I can think of at this point. Anyone feel free to add to this list.

EpicMAT
October 8th, 2010, 12:08 AM
yea, enable/disable name tags, but also I believe that If anything, it should also include show/hide killstreak badges :)

Polleus
October 8th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Knew I would forget something. That's why I said add to it :) Great addition.

HeadhuntFabo
October 8th, 2010, 03:10 AM
I think adding a wall code so you can see through walls would be nice for bust videos of hackers.

Also, removal of of voice chatter and text, even HUD for that matter.

Polleus
October 8th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Agreed. Fully customizable in a sense. Able to enable/disable the normal features within a regular game.

EpicMAT
October 9th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Well, baby steps, baby steps :D

NightCG
October 12th, 2010, 10:50 PM
This is a Great Idea But i dont think they are Ready for the Change considering i know HALF of the people that Report hackers and using recording programs Dont know how to Compress Files and making a Program to Decompress the Files making them smaller so u can Submit them Would be a Hassle M.A.T is Open Beta you must Remember so Please Have Patients, I know how it is i just SCREAM over the Mic over hackers Half the time they get so mad at me Cussing & Downing and KS'ing they RQ :D

- And i hate the idea of " Kicking Option" Considering i would be Kicked every game unless it was full of Freinds or Pro's Because Pro's have to be Pro's Putting Beginners/Noobs in there place its Not Nice to just kick a Pro outa the Room i Dislike the Action/Thought of it.