PDA

View Full Version : MAT League/Tournament

Coherent
November 17th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Can you guys start a tournament or a league please.
As you can tell, the ladder for WOGL is not working out. No one is playing, it's been up for a couple of months and no one has played yet. The ladder is not attracting anyone at all.

As you all have noticed, there are barely any clans clan warring, then why would there be anyone participating in the ladder? I think you should set up a league or a tournament. This would attract teams, instead of setting up your own matches, the league would. Players are usually lazy to set up matches. For the ladder, we can dodge any match given to use, but for leagues/tournaments if there is a match it must be played out.

WOGL has been supporting numerous games, and they have been successful. Why? Because they were always a league. When WOGL brought ladders, the competitive community started to crumble. The game started to die out.

Please and please, start a league or a tournament. I would love to see this game in the right direction, the competitive direction. Not the dead direction where I see it right now.

Zag1G
November 17th, 2010, 11:01 PM
WOGL was hardly a success in any game other than Crossfire, and that is mostly credited to WEM.

Bu anyways I do support a League coming out. Prizes would attract teams from real games.

HeadhuntFabo
November 17th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Crossfire? LOL It started out with Combat Arms. You're crossfire league wouldn't be anything without its roots in CA. Then A.V.A then Crossfire. The only reason they have major success with Crossfire is due to Z8 annoucing anything WOGL related in their game client. Nexon never did any of this, neither is Suba.

Xyzmatt
November 17th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Do what ijji did hold a ingame tournament. But then again that involved cash prizes and suba probaly will not give out cash prizes

Zag1G
November 17th, 2010, 11:13 PM
By success I meant having a $1000 prize and a trip to China.
As far as I know, nobody has ever made money from Combat Arms.

Didn't say Crossfire was first or anything.
And for the record, I played CA as well.

Fervid
November 18th, 2010, 06:52 AM
This might be interesting and could even work, but not until the game has an anti-cheat. I don't really feel like spending my time on something, only to lose to someone who can see my location through the walls.

IchigoKuro85
November 18th, 2010, 08:36 AM
There is actually another league that will be doing MAT League stuff in the future. The name of the league is I-COG. Please visit their website at iCog // eSports League (http://www.i-cog.org). Right now they are supporting Combat Arms and League of Legends, but according to the CEO, she says that they will be supporting MAT in the future, so be sure to watch out for news about the I-COG MAT League.

Coherent
November 18th, 2010, 05:31 PM
The leagues have anti cheat. If the staff of MAT wants to get the competitive direction flowing, they should talk to WOGL or any other league about starting a league not a ladder...

Zag1G
November 18th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Making everything decent gold isn't going to attract any competition whatsoever.
I guarantee you that no teams worth playing have signed up yet, and won't until this as well as man other issues are addressed.

Destroo
November 18th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Crossfire? LOL It started out with Combat Arms. You're crossfire league wouldn't be anything without its roots in CA. Then A.V.A then Crossfire. The only reason they have major success with Crossfire is due to Z8 annoucing anything WOGL related in their game client. Nexon never did any of this, neither is Suba.

I'm pretty sure he's saying that crossfire is the only game WOGL has expanded to that has gone over with great appraise. To be honest, CA went to **** in the middle of Season 3. AvA had an awesome couple of launch tourneys, but then the league was **** and my team didn't even bother to sign up after the tourney. MW2 was horrid because Avenger was all alone pretty much and had 0 help from other staff members. Bad Company 2 is good because Nathan is running it.

Anyway, back to the topic.

I think Suba/MAT needs to talk to WOGL or any other leagues about starting an actual league. The ladder isn't active enough because teams don't bother to check matches.

IchigoKuro85
November 19th, 2010, 08:31 AM
The leagues have anti cheat. If the staff of MAT wants to get the competitive direction flowing, they should talk to WOGL or any other league about starting a league not a ladder...

You are 100% right about that. The ladder was just pretty much a fail. But as people have said before, this game is still (and I don't know why) in Open Beta and there are others that are waititng for the game to fix its major bugs and what not. The more people that show up to WOGL MAT Drafts, the bigger the league will be.

Coherent
November 19th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Yea, can the MAT staff talk to WOGL about starting a league. Continue to set up drafts that will target the Mexicans. With this happening, it will attract people and with that, more people will start showing up if they notice the draft to have a huge amount of players participating.

By doing all of this, you will attract alot of people from each game that WOGL supports and will become a successful game.

ZiyaPapaya
November 19th, 2010, 04:58 PM
WOGL sucks period.

Suba should host their own tourney. and as for people using 3pp, theres a thing called making everyone fraps their side and posting simple as that.

Zag1G
November 19th, 2010, 07:35 PM
The only type of cheat that fraps could catch is walls/chams. There are MANY other cheats that don't show anything on your screen.
+Fraps is a very demanding program to run, especially if you don't want to lag. However, there are alternatives to this such as growler/hypercam.

A real Anti-Cheat is more than necessary.

If Suba wants to see some success, they need to make all items silver, with gold EQUIVALENTS. Also, they should try to talk to a real, developed league, to attract real teams.

Coherent
November 20th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Make a ruleset like silver items only, no gold items unless the only difference is the appearance.
There are many leagues that can pick up MAT. I think you should host a tournament with money prizes to get the attraction needed.

Look at AVA when they first came out, they had money prizes and a trip to Korea (I THINK). If MAT does that, they will attract many players from different games and will create an atmosphere of competitiveness that you guys have been looking for.

If you don't want to give out money prizes yet, then I suggest giving a huge amount of gold just to start it off. No ladder, ladders are not good for a new game. You need a tournament to jump start this game, then go into a league.

Zag1G
November 20th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Make a ruleset like silver items only, no gold items unless the only difference is the appearance.
There are many leagues that can pick up MAT. I think you should host a tournament with money prizes to get the attraction needed.

Look at AVA when they first came out, they had money prizes and a trip to Korea (I THINK). If MAT does that, they will attract many players from different games and will create an atmosphere of competitiveness that you guys have been looking for.

If you don't want to give out money prizes yet, then I suggest giving a huge amount of gold just to start it off. No ladder, ladders are not good for a new game. You need a tournament to jump start this game, then go into a league.

QFT.
Taking this advice is the road to success.

IchigoKuro85
November 21st, 2010, 08:28 AM
I actually am working for a gaming organization called Secular Gaming. I will be talking to them about possibly doing MAT Drafts with possibly no rules in placed until the full version of MAT is released. There will also be also possibly be no A/C required depending on what happens. But to add to Coherent's post, I really just think WOGL should have a prize in store for the winning team of the draft each week. Many people have asked me if it could be clans vs clans instead of randos vs randos. That would be the first time that WOGL would do something like that, but then again, there are people that might think that would be unfair to other players. Yesterdays turnout to the draft was horrible in my opinion. I and a friend of mine were the only people advertising the WOGL Draft. Many people complained to me about having to run a A/C and having to install a framework in order for the A/C to work. WOGL is also looking for MAT Staff to work in the MAT League. The point I'm trying to make here is that this game will be successful with WOGL. Just look at Combat Arms WOGL for those of you who know what I am talking about. Combat Arms is similar to this game, only there are 2 differences between the two games. 1) The community is more active on WOGL forums and 2) Nexon America is not working close with WOGL unlike SubaGames. Back to my point. Combat Arms WOGL has gone through 4 seasons with alot of hardships and almost a shut down of the entire league as a whole. This game on the other hand is still in Open Beta which means there wont be alot of support for gaming leagues quite yet until this game is fully launched, if that makes any sense. I myself am somewhat worried that SubaGames and WOGL will no longer support each other. My point is, once this game is fully launched, then more and more people will come to WOGL Drafts, and support WOGL. One thing that new WOGL players will absolutely hate is having to download a Anti Cheat client and running it during drafts, etc. As a premium WOGL member, I will continue to fully support the MAT League until the day it dies. People need to realize that WOGL isn't bad at all. Right now they just got done with their 4th consecutive season of Combat Arms WOGL and about to start their 5th season very soon. So in all honestly, before you judge WOGL, you should give a try. Just as the saying goes, dont judge a book by its cover. I and all of the WOGL players encourage new WOGL players to come to the drafts to get a feel for what its like to be in a competitive league. And I agree with Coherent about the ladder system. That wasn't a good way to start a league. The ladder died within its first 2 months of creation. And as of right now, until the game is fully launched, there are no rulesets at all. And a trip to China as the league prize isn't what this league needs right now. Right now this league needs to focus on getting more and more players, then once that happens then there can be a prize in store like maybe 10K SP for each player of the winning team of the league play I dont know. So just give WOGL a try before you make a decision to support or not support WOGL.

Fervid
November 21st, 2010, 01:58 PM
I actually am working for a gaming organization called Secular Gaming. I will be talking to them about possibly doing MAT Drafts with possibly no rules in placed until the full version of MAT is released. There will also be also possibly be no A/C required depending on what happens. But to add to Coherent's post, I really just think WOGL should have a prize in store for the winning team of the draft each week. Many people have asked me if it could be clans vs clans instead of randos vs randos. That would be the first time that WOGL would do something like that, but then again, there are people that might think that would be unfair to other players. Yesterdays turnout to the draft was horrible in my opinion. I and a friend of mine were the only people advertising the WOGL Draft. Many people complained to me about having to run a A/C and having to install a framework in order for the A/C to work. WOGL is also looking for MAT Staff to work in the MAT League. The point I'm trying to make here is that this game will be successful with WOGL. Just look at Combat Arms WOGL for those of you who know what I am talking about. Combat Arms is similar to this game, only there are 2 differences between the two games. 1) The community is more active on WOGL forums and 2) Nexon America is not working close with WOGL unlike SubaGames. Back to my point. Combat Arms WOGL has gone through 4 seasons with alot of hardships and almost a shut down of the entire league as a whole. This game on the other hand is still in Open Beta which means there wont be alot of support for gaming leagues quite yet until this game is fully launched, if that makes any sense. I myself am somewhat worried that SubaGames and WOGL will no longer support each other. My point is, once this game is fully launched, then more and more people will come to WOGL Drafts, and support WOGL. One thing that new WOGL players will absolutely hate is having to download a Anti Cheat client and running it during drafts, etc. As a premium WOGL member, I will continue to fully support the MAT League until the day it dies. People need to realize that WOGL isn't bad at all. Right now they just got done with their 4th consecutive season of Combat Arms WOGL and about to start their 5th season very soon. So in all honestly, before you judge WOGL, you should give a try. Just as the saying goes, dont judge a book by its cover. I and all of the WOGL players encourage new WOGL players to come to the drafts to get a feel for what its like to be in a competitive league. And I agree with Coherent about the ladder system. That wasn't a good way to start a league. The ladder died within its first 2 months of creation. And as of right now, until the game is fully launched, there are no rulesets at all. And a trip to China as the league prize isn't what this league needs right now. Right now this league needs to focus on getting more and more players, then once that happens then there can be a prize in store like maybe 10K SP for each player of the winning team of the league play I dont know. So just give WOGL a try before you make a decision to support or not support WOGL.

I think I know what the hidden message here is. XD

IchigoKuro85
November 21st, 2010, 02:02 PM
LOL! You figured it out!!!

Zag1G
November 21st, 2010, 09:45 PM
Well, WOGL developing an anti-cheat that doesn't have a problem with every single update would be a good start.

And for a clan vs clan type draft, you'd need more than 3 active teams to expect any outcome.

Zag1G
November 21st, 2010, 09:48 PM

Legit players would look forward to people being forced to run an anti cheat, because it makes them more secure that they are playing a legit game, even though in many cases this is not true.

Attracting people with no competitive experience will lead to a VERY fast downfall of the league. If you get people who have actually competed at a high level before, the league will benefit. You need to focus on the right audience first, and getting competitive players attention will only come with Cash Prizes. These are not people who give a horse**** about 1 million SubaPoints.

And for the record, you should get experience with other leagues before saying this one is good.

IchigoKuro85
November 22nd, 2010, 11:44 AM
Legit players would look forward to people being forced to run an anti cheat, because it makes them more secure that they are playing a legit game, even though in many cases this is not true.

Attracting people with no competitive experience will lead to a VERY fast downfall of the league. If you get people who have actually competed at a high level before, the league will benefit. You need to focus on the right audience first, and getting competitive players attention will only come with Cash Prizes. These are not people who give a horse**** about 1 million SubaPoints.

And for the record, you should get experience with other leagues before saying this one is good.

Well I had NO experience when I first entered WOGL a year ago when I played CA. What I'm saying is that people who are really good, but dont have league experience should learn more about what it's like to play for a league. And yes, you are right about only targeting experience league players, but there are very few of them right now. Once this game is fully launched, then you will probably see more and more experience league players playing M.A.T.

Coherent
November 22nd, 2010, 02:41 PM
You guys should tell WOGL to start advertising. As you can tell, you guys are partnered with WOGL, so I believe you guys are on a contract.
WOGL has not been advertising the game at all, also with their ladder, they haven't even made a ruleset for the game, even though they announced they would at October 1, but they haven't.

I believe you guys should tell WOGL to advertise this game more better, or at least get people interested in the game by hosting a tournament to jump start the game. If you feel that WOGL is not right for you, then you should find a different league, but I believe WOGL is the right league to stick with if you guys actually work together.

As I recall when the game was first announced, you guys would be working together, I have not seen you guys worked with each other after the game was released. I believe you guys should set up a meeting and start discussing about tournaments or competition not ladder to better understand each other. By doing this, you guys can come to a compromise of what you would like to see in the near future, and WOGL would be able to set up the road to that future.

HeadhuntFabo
November 22nd, 2010, 06:45 PM
@ Ichigo

This game needs to develop a community fanbase based off of their revenue. Combat Arms was successful because Nexon is a genius with marketing and pleasing its customers with virtual goodies, not because WOGL supported them with their league. This game can become successful without it, but I'd rather have a orginzation run it that has had experience with Free-to-play shooters. The only bad thing about WOGL is the forum rules and it being the only league to ban people from playtime because of forum behavior.

@ coherent
I agree. I already mentioned and talked to one of the higher staff about its support for the game. He said it will still be supported, but it lacks the support from the community. I would sign up and try to help with the advertising, league rules, and match dates if we started a league, but many of the staff dislike me. Right now, I think Suba should encourage the developers of how important it is to get their game in shape for competition like fixing the delay factor and some bugs with registry as well as the hacking situation. Every other of the aspect of M.A.T seems great.

Also keep in mind that there is a max of about 600 players daily. That paucity is not good enough for success and should grow exponentially once the "Nexon" effect takes place.

Zag1G
November 22nd, 2010, 07:44 PM
@ Ichigo

This game needs to develop a community fanbase based off of their revenue. Combat Arms was successful because Nexon is a genius with marketing and pleasing its customers with virtual goodies, not because WOGL supported them with their league. This game can become successful without it, but I'd rather have a orginzation run it that has had experience with Free-to-play shooters. The only bad thing about WOGL is the forum rules and it being the only league to ban people from playtime because of forum behavior.

@ coherent
I agree. I already mentioned and talked to one of the higher staff about its support for the game. He said it will still be supported, but it lacks the support from the community. I would sign up and try to help with the advertising, league rules, and match dates if we started a league, but many of the staff dislike me. Right now, I think Suba should encourage the developers of how important it is to get their game in shape for competition like fixing the delay factor and some bugs with registry as well as the hacking situation. Every other of the aspect of M.A.T seems great.

Also keep in mind that there is a max of about 600 players daily. That paucity is not good enough for success and should grow exponentially once the "Nexon" effect takes place.

Speaking the truth.

And @ ichigo
Few experienced players?
http://www.esportsea.com/
CEVO - Welcome to CyberEvolution (http://www.cevo.com/?page=main)
Homepage | Major League Gaming (http://www.mlgpro.com/)
TeamWarfare League™: Community Based Gaming (http://www.teamwarfare.com/)
ESL: ESL - The eSports League (http://www.esl.eu/)

And that's just to name a few. Plus the thousands of ex CAL players. The problem is they haven't discovered the game. Reason being:
Broken registry
Latency issues
Heavy weighting on gold items
Inconsistent servers

However, there's a cure to solving all of those problems at once-and that's high cash prizes. By high I'm talking about a starting amount of around $1000. This would attract many players stuck in IM-M levels of various leagues, to at least give the game a try. Starting with these people would be an enormous start, and would later draw in more competitive and better players as the cash prizes rose. This would be made possible by the influx of players attracted by the original $1000 league.

Just my 2 cents.

IchigoKuro85
November 23rd, 2010, 08:00 AM
You guys should tell WOGL to start advertising. As you can tell, you guys are partnered with WOGL, so I believe you guys are on a contract.
WOGL has not been advertising the game at all, also with their ladder, they haven't even made a ruleset for the game, even though they announced they would at October 1, but they haven't.

I believe you guys should tell WOGL to advertise this game more better, or at least get people interested in the game by hosting a tournament to jump start the game. If you feel that WOGL is not right for you, then you should find a different league, but I believe WOGL is the right league to stick with if you guys actually work together.

As I recall when the game was first announced, you guys would be working together, I have not seen you guys worked with each other after the game was released. I believe you guys should set up a meeting and start discussing about tournaments or competition not ladder to better understand each other. By doing this, you guys can come to a compromise of what you would like to see in the near future, and WOGL would be able to set up the road to that future.

Many of you know that I'm really the only one from WOGL that is advertising and I'm not even a WOGL Staff... I give up on trying to advertise something that isn't being advertised by Suba and even WOGL. If Suba and WOGL were working together, then Suba would tell WOGL to advertise and vise versa or however you spell it. If WOGL doesnt want to take the time and effort to work with Suba like they say they are, then I don't know what to do. So I give up trying to help WOGL keep the MAT league alive. I honestly think the only league they care about at this point is Crossfire. Really irritates me how WOGL says they are going to do something and then before you know it, they haven't done one thing. So as of now, I'm leaving this in the hands of Suba and WOGL. If they dont want to work together then oh well, so be it.

Fervid
November 23rd, 2010, 08:50 AM
Can't say you didn't try Ichigo. :)

HeadhuntFabo
November 23rd, 2010, 10:37 AM
Many of you know that I'm really the only one from WOGL that is advertising and I'm not even a WOGL Staff... I give up on trying to advertise something that isn't being advertised by Suba and even WOGL. If Suba and WOGL were working together, then Suba would tell WOGL to advertise and vise versa or however you spell it. If WOGL doesnt want to take the time and effort to work with Suba like they say they are, then I don't know what to do. So I give up trying to help WOGL keep the MAT league alive. I honestly think the only league they care about at this point is Crossfire. Really irritates me how WOGL says they are going to do something and then before you know it, they haven't done one thing. So as of now, I'm leaving this in the hands of Suba and WOGL. If they dont want to work together then oh well, so be it.

Only reason Crossfire even got anywhere was because Brandon was smart and got a lot of players and basically ran the league himself along with few other staff. Now, every staff member seems to be a CF player, so they only care about CF. Another reason being Z8Games would announce WOGL in their client, when you opened it. It wouldn't be a bad idea for suba to incorporate a WOGL banner inside their game like the pop-up for the new cash items.

WOGLCEO
December 3rd, 2010, 02:55 PM
Everyone sorry it has taken me so long to respond. Between going to Korea and new development on our anti cheat and such we have been very busy the past few weeks. In regards to ladders this was a new experience for WOGL. We wanted to see exactly what the market would bring in regards to ladders and how much interest there was. Also this was developed during a time when M.A.T was still in closed beta with no team system and such. In order to run leagues and tournaments there needs to be enough players and teams to sustain it or it won't go anywhere. So in the beginning stages we wanted to start off with getting players with less competative experience a chance to see what competition is like. Today we have released the first Tournament. We will be judging player turnout in this event to see if the game is ready for league play. I can assure you that once there are enough teams to sustain a league we will be launching one. I am sorry this has taken as long as it has but until the anti cheat was developed for M.A.T we could not have run and event such as that anyway. So I am proud to say we are on the forward path to bringing M.A.T to league play and future casting of matches.

Zag1G
December 3rd, 2010, 03:48 PM
Everyone sorry it has taken me so long to respond. Between going to Korea and new development on our anti cheat and such we have been very busy the past few weeks. In regards to ladders this was a new experience for WOGL. We wanted to see exactly what the market would bring in regards to ladders and how much interest there was. Also this was developed during a time when M.A.T was still in closed beta with no team system and such. In order to run leagues and tournaments there needs to be enough players and teams to sustain it or it won't go anywhere. So in the beginning stages we wanted to start off with getting players with less competative experience a chance to see what competition is like. Today we have released the first Tournament. We will be judging player turnout in this event to see if the game is ready for league play. I can assure you that once there are enough teams to sustain a league we will be launching one. I am sorry this has taken as long as it has but until the anti cheat was developed for M.A.T we could not have run and event such as that anyway. So I am proud to say we are on the forward path to bringing M.A.T to league play and future casting of matches.

I highly support this step and can see where you're coming from, but a 3v3 bomb match would be better than TDM imo.

WOGLCEO
December 3rd, 2010, 03:56 PM
We wanted to try a couple of different game types to see where the majority of players play. I also believe Bomb will be the most popular at this stage but it's the first step. So we want to give everything a try before settling on something. The more support the tournaments get the more support Suba is going to be willing to give. So as a community if you embrace the competative side then you will have what you want down the road just like the other games you mention.

ParisHiltonBoyfriend
December 3rd, 2010, 05:49 PM
We wanted to try a couple of different game types to see where the majority of players play. I also believe Bomb will be the most popular at this stage but it's the first step. So we want to give everything a try before settling on something. The more support the tournaments get the more support Suba is going to be willing to give. So as a community if you embrace the competative side then you will have what you want down the road just like the other games you mention.

Well said, I totally agree on it.

MrSaturn
December 3rd, 2010, 11:21 PM
In terms of in-game banners and stuff, that has to be worked into a patch I believe. We're basically getting a patch every month as it stands right now so it's not totally out of the question in this case to work it in as we're expecting one for Christmas. I don't know if they want to go that route though. I'll say that the contents of the launcher is totally under our control(or so I assume) and I've been silently screaming at how unused it is, especially when comparing it to the phenomenal use of the launcher contents in the Philippines version and how every event is laid out so you never have to visit a web page to know what's going on, which is something I strongly believe in by the way. Look how active the MAT forums are as an example. Relative to it's population it's terrible because FPS fans are less likely to visit websites to get caught up in news as players of a traditional MMORPG are. Priston Tale has less of a population than MAT but it's currently got over 5 times the amount of people currently viewing the forum than MAT does.

I'll show the big wigs the Philippines launcher and how it works and we'll see if it's convincing enough to have a launcher display something other than 1 big image with no purpose. I'll say that the web dev staff is really busy at the moment so maybe so, maybe no. Shoot, I could probably do the launcher contents, I'm a programming graduate after all. >.>

Zag1G
December 3rd, 2010, 11:21 PM

For once I can actually say that I agree with the moves WOGL is making. My team will be there for this tournament, and hopefully for future ones as well.

Coherent
December 4th, 2010, 09:13 PM
You should do a 5v5 bomb match, 3v3 tdm is long and boring.

WOGLCEO
December 9th, 2010, 04:14 PM
We will be once more teams are created and the competition grows a bit. M.A.T is still a new game so we are hoping to see some growth as more people play the game and start getting into the competative scene.

Coherent
December 9th, 2010, 10:32 PM
You should advertise this game alot more, there are alot of competitive teams, but most of them don't know about WOGL at all.

Zag1G
December 10th, 2010, 02:38 AM
You should advertise this game alot more, there are alot of competitive teams, but most of them don't know about WOGL at all.

and why should they