PDA

View Full Version : Hi ATA

Riams
September 7th, 2009, 12:26 PM
hi lovly ata i wonder where r u -.-??!!

i wanna ask some thing

hmmmmm

wich one is better pure ata or normal one??

thx^^

SelsGhost
September 7th, 2009, 12:37 PM
very very difficult to answer IMHO.
i have a semipure right now, meaning i stayed at 128 str for my hp gemmed titan (mainly because i love the skin)
and im doing fine...

BUT

i only managed to get to 77 so far so i only know that i do fine in s2.
this may very well change once i have to fight in icemaps.

i believe it is more a question of hp.
at higher maps you dont heve groups with large numbers of mobs anymore
the main concern is for you to have enough buffer to stomach crits or failed blocks and evades in row.

for that your abs is not really of that high importance and def of even less because for example in s2 omicron and ratoo really dont care about your def value

so a pure ata might be the way to go.

but its all a matter of personal gamestyle.

another important question is how much spirit you want to have also...

Silvart
September 7th, 2009, 01:14 PM
First shopuld clarify WHAT is what you call "pure" ata.

The true pure ata is the one that can wear ALL and every armor, shield and javelin for her current level and all the time and that's the best one to play.

There are some variations on that same one, ones going for a higher STR build (best suitted for hunting), some not very popular ones going for HP, some going for Spirit (just get spirit to 80 and you will be ok forever).

The so called "pure" agi build is no more than the "freak archer wannabe ata", a nice way to waste a character, they are good for nothing in LoC, LT and ET. But some people still embrase the very old theory that atas are "ranged" so they must be pure agi... wrong! That only works for archers (and it isn't even really great neither) and ata, to be a real atalanta, need talent and lots of strenght.

If you want to keep strenght to a minimum, just feel the armors requirements, stopping at 183 which is the min req for a frenzy armor ata spec (good luck finding one, specially with lowest req) but if you want a hunter, go for str 200 so u can actually get some load of items in your inventory.

Talent, 90. No much to argue about this.

HP: you can keep it base, or u can raise it, up to you.

Spirit; as said before, 80 at level 80 so can use valento rings and kelvezu amulet, even if they are NS (unless you have a zillion of jeras to try respe3c them) You can go for 72 or 73, but then u have to find lowest req sheltoms and accessories and that means lots of time and high prices.

Nnoitra
September 7th, 2009, 02:09 PM
First shopuld clarify WHAT is what you call "pure" ata.

The true pure ata is the one that can wear ALL and every armor, shield and javelin for her current level and all the time and that's the best one to play.

There are some variations on that same one, ones going for a higher STR build (best suitted for hunting), some not very popular ones going for HP, some going for Spirit (just get spirit to 80 and you will be ok forever).

The so called "pure" agi build is no more than the "freak archer wannabe ata", a nice way to waste a character, they are good for nothing in LoC, LT and ET. But some people still embrase the very old theory that atas are "ranged" so they must be pure agi... wrong! That only works for archers (and it isn't even really great neither) and ata, to be a real atalanta, need talent and lots of strenght.

If you want to keep strenght to a minimum, just feel the armors requirements, stopping at 183 which is the min req for a frenzy armor ata spec (good luck finding one, specially with lowest req) but if you want a hunter, go for str 200 so u can actually get some load of items in your inventory.

Talent, 90. No much to argue about this.

HP: you can keep it base, or u can raise it, up to you.

Spirit; as said before, 80 at level 80 so can use valento rings and kelvezu amulet, even if they are NS (unless you have a zillion of jeras to try respe3c them) You can go for 72 or 73, but then u have to find lowest req sheltoms and accessories and that means lots of time and high prices.

Please dont spread false information, min str fenzy is 173str and ns valento rings and kelvezu amulet need 70 spirit not 80 (80 is for old ones, the ones that drop today are all 70 ns, and gl getting rings/amulet in valento/awell server)

For xping, str for highest armor you can use works best (154 at lvl 80 for min str wyvern armor) since defense and absorb help a lot for training in lower lvl maps. For hunting, defense and absorb wont help you much, since monsters in 100 maps deal high damage, a build with low str and some points in health would work well, since higher hp would help you surive more then high str. If i ever get 100 on an ata, ill try 84str build out (100 gaunts/boots/brac, synth/shop armor and great shield)

SelsGhost
September 7th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Please dont spread false information, min str fenzy is 173str and ns valento rings and kelvezu amulet need 70 spirit not 80 (80 is for old ones, the ones that drop today are all 70 ns, and gl getting rings/amulet in valento/awell server)

For xping, str for highest armor you can use works best (154 at lvl 80 for min str wyvern armor) since defense and absorb help a lot for training in lower lvl maps. For hunting, defense and absorb wont help you much, since monsters in 100 maps deal high damage, a build with low str and some points in health would work well, since higher hp would help you surive more then high str. If i ever get 100 on an ata, ill try 84str build out (100 gaunts/boots/brac, synth/shop armor and great shield)

what lvl are you and did you try to invest in health?

i am really considering that once i get statpoint boost from lvl80 quests

Finnhitz
September 7th, 2009, 02:30 PM
There are basically 3 kinds of builds.

On high str build you have the min str your armor needs.
Supreme armor build has 108-111 for min str ats supreme (hp mixed mostly) to use all shields.
Low str build is usually 84str to use synthetic armor and great shield, usually hp mixed again.

I wouldn't recommend having any higher str than your armor needs, because agility = damage and damage = more xp/kills. Higher str for hunting is a very bad idea, because of course you want maximum damage to kill fast. Every str lvl gives you only 2 more weight to carry, health does as much, so why waste it on useless stat for you? Atas are fine on min health too, so max that agility.

Finnhitz
September 7th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Too bad we can't edit our posts.

I forgot to add that high str is good when training, because you will want a lot abs and def when tanking many mobs.

On pvp and hunting you will be mostly fighting 1on1 with high hitting enemies and especially in pvp you can get 1hitted by a pike or a fighter even if you are wearing a wyvern armor. Therefore low str build is as good as high str when taking hits and you may aswell go for maxed damage.

Nnoitra
September 7th, 2009, 03:02 PM
what lvl are you and did you try to invest in health?

i am really considering that once i get statpoint boost from lvl80 quests

im lvl 96 and have 38 health and str for wyvern armor

Chislev
September 9th, 2009, 09:46 PM
The problem of going with the armor req strenght only is that, at top levels, you cannot carry much loot. A trip to and from ET is long enough not to want to do it every 2 or 3 drops you get.

A fully geared 102+ atalanta, with full pot load on armlet but no extra pots will leave you with less than 250 available weight, that means too low spare carry weight to be of any use for hunting. And i'm talking about having 200 str, not to mention lower builds...

About val rings and kelves, the lastest i've seen NS before the servers fall were still spirit 80, unless they are diffenrent for other servers. My ATS vals are spirit 70, so i don't know about NS's being that low.

SelsGhost
September 9th, 2009, 10:52 PM
ok may be true, but dont forget that lower lvl armor also weighs less. :)

Chislev
September 10th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Uhm, yeah... but why would you want to wear a lower armor?

jhenmarie
September 16th, 2009, 03:09 AM
i miss my ata =(...

Fala
September 16th, 2009, 07:14 AM
i miss my ata =(...

will be soon back and i think we can party then jhen =)

jhenmarie
September 16th, 2009, 07:17 AM
will be soon back and i think we can party then jhen =)

Yay. Yes we can =D... Would love to help you too Mari ;o.

loiszzzyyy
September 18th, 2009, 06:52 AM
your not alone sis jhen.. i really miss "ATLANTHA" =(

but soon... yeehaaa:cool:

-Nyxeline-
September 20th, 2009, 09:26 PM
I am 90 str ata. It all depends on hp. And if you can dodge attacks well. Attk is good. Defense, not so good. But all in all I love the build. Atas were made for dodging, might as well use them how they were meant to be used.

YAY! Pt is up and kickin!

Prettysmile
September 22nd, 2009, 12:26 AM
i miss ankara :(

loiszzzyyy
September 23rd, 2009, 12:02 PM
Heres my complimentary suggestions for ATALANTA builds

Normal/STR Ata:
STR: Enought for your Armor (even Phoenix/Frenzy!)
Spirit: Minimum, enough for Boots, Gaunts and Bracelets
Talent: Minimum, enough for Boots, Gaunts and Bracelets
Agility: Maximum, as much as you can! (it won't be that much...)
Health: Base

Power Ata
STR: Minimum, just enough for some low armor (fma,fpa or something)
Spirit: Minimum, enough for Boots, Gaunts and Bracelets
Talent: Minimum, enough for Boots, Gaunts and Bracelets
Agility: Maximum, as much as you can! (it will be more than ar normal ata build)
Health: Base

Levels of Skills:
Tier 1:
Shield strike level: 1
Farina level: 1
Throwing mastery level: 10 - Important!
Vigor spear level: 1

Tier 2:
Windy level: 1 for PVP or level 10 if you want to increase range and atk rating
Twist javelin level: 1 or level: 10 since you can use if together with freeze
Soul sucker level: 1
Fire javelin level: 1

Tier 3:
Split javelin level: 1 or level: 10 since we have no delay in this skill
Triumph of valhalla level: 10 - Important!
lightning javelin level: 1
Storm javelin level: 1 (because we have Extreme Rage totally no delay!) or level 10 if you prefer to use your Special points in another skill from tier 4)

Tier 4:
Hall of valhalla level : 10 - Important!
Extreme rage level : 10 - or level: 1 if you prefer Javelin Storm
frost javelin level : 10 - Important!
vengence level : 10 - Important!

SelenisAaargh
September 23rd, 2009, 02:48 PM
minimum talent is set by your javelin.
at 80d you've arrived at 90 talent.

in my opinion a real power ata should at least have enough spirit for a good devine (72-74)

and about skills..... excuse me please but what are you talking about?

split javelin has a delay, not bad but it has from the start!
its still a good akill for hit and run tactics.

extreme rage has a really really bad delay from the start and its only of use if you mix it with storm jav.

so all you can offer as guide is all tier 4 skill maxed out?

please excuse me but are you insane? :confused:

at 100 you have gained 21 elite points

so what is your opinion for the years between 60 and 119?

sheesh!

Nnoitra
September 23rd, 2009, 03:56 PM
I prefer hall of vahallah to 10 first, then work on veng.
I say Hov coz, the evade helps yourself when your AOE'ing with storm jav, it helps your partymembers also.

ulrikaxD
September 26th, 2009, 01:01 AM
lower spirit... mmmm, lower str... mmmm i think bad idea. first, vengance lvl 10 need many mana, lower spirit = not many mp, so need carry many pots for hunt and train, thats why u need a considerable str, for can carry enough pots. :p. survive is important, but can kill too :D

Chislev
September 26th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Just get enough spirit to use two valento rings and, maybe, a kelvezu amulet and you are set :)

ulrikaxD
October 2nd, 2009, 11:02 PM
Just get enough spirit to use two valento rings and, maybe, a kelvezu amulet and you are set :)

ya... in what npc can i buy this items?... looool... this items are very rarely that drop here in ept... so... isnt tip that can work here -*-

vleeskees
December 13th, 2009, 04:29 PM
i didnt read all of the above comments..
but i had a pure agi ata i weared a synthetic armor if im not wrong
....i didnt like it thats all i have to say lol
since im pretty much a lazy person it was the most wrong decision ever
hit run hit run dieing in s2....
it sucks for me atleast as said above its about personal playing style
i rebuildback to str for wyvern armor...now i can properly solo s2 and my hunting power didnt go back that much so...
imo..go str for ur armor

Baaly
February 21st, 2010, 06:11 AM
Woooooohoooooo SEXY BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!

finaly 10x :XD:

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3826/2010221111516.jpg

Chislev
February 21st, 2010, 12:03 PM
GZ Baaly

What took you so long? :-p

Baaly
February 21st, 2010, 12:20 PM
hmmm... prolly the fact that i was non-cash-player till lvl98 :P