PDA

View Full Version : Questions about cheating.

MRiggz
January 2nd, 2011, 07:16 AM
I have a questions about cheating in M.A.T. If someone is reported for cheating, how is it determined they are actually cheating? Is there a certain process involved? Are logs checked? Are their accounts audited for modifications(hacks/bots)? Do the developers take the word of the accuser as proof(surely not)? Something else?

I ask these questions because I have reported someone for cheating and provided a detailed description of what happened but I did not get to make a video or screenshots. Am I just wasting my time? Should I report cheaters in the future or just turn my head ignore them and accept them as part of the game?

Fervid
January 2nd, 2011, 11:23 AM
I have a questions about cheating in M.A.T. If someone is reported for cheating, how is it determined they are actually cheating? Is there a certain process involved? Are logs checked? Are their accounts audited for modifications(hacks/bots)? Do the developers take the word of the accuser as proof(surely not)? Something else?

I ask these questions because I have reported someone for cheating and provided a detailed description of what happened but I did not get to make a video or screenshots. Am I just wasting my time? Should I report cheaters in the future or just turn my head ignore them and accept them as part of the game?

Well, Suba Staff will not tell you their methods, but they do ban a lot of accounts for cheating. And no effort is too little. Just try to provide them with as much detail as you can.

PrimordialSaronite
January 2nd, 2011, 11:49 AM
They Should monitor Games.. i mean theres a guy 3 stright days in a row thats been hacking and its obvious.

Fervid
January 2nd, 2011, 12:15 PM
They Should monitor Games.. i mean theres a guy 3 stright days in a row thats been hacking and its obvious.

And did you report them?

PrimordialSaronite
January 2nd, 2011, 01:56 PM
Only The ones that keeps doing it. It seems that hacking is beginning to be a real problem in M.A.T, Im not even sure if Suba is doing anything about it. Everywhere you go in the game they accuse you of hacking.

Ruuj
January 2nd, 2011, 02:10 PM
Only The ones that keeps doing it. It seems that hacking is beginning to be a real problem in M.A.T, Im not even sure if Suba is doing anything about it. Everywhere you go in the game they accuse you of hacking.

There is a thread I think in the General Discussion section called "For the Un-experienced: Hackers!" or something like that. It has a discussion as to how to stop hackers, but the thing is because the game has 0 protection it is literally impossible to physically stop them. You can only ban and reban the accounts until they get sick of it. (Which could probably take a while)

In the meantime, I'll try to locate that thread and provide a link for you.

Edit: Link found and thread bumped.

http://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=21906

PrimordialSaronite
January 2nd, 2011, 03:09 PM
They should atleast ban the ones that a obiously hacking... At least to lower the numbers, some games have it that you cant pla ythe game again even with another account on that computer.

Fervid
January 2nd, 2011, 03:12 PM
They should atleast ban the ones that a obiously hacking... At least to lower the numbers, some games have it that you cant pla ythe game again even with another account on that computer.

They do ban them. Not only that, Suba uses the information collected by the players and builds up a report to support the community, they send the report directly to Kingsoft and push them for solutions.

MRiggz
January 2nd, 2011, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the responses and input.

vism92
January 4th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Well, - I'm playing CrossFire EU since Feb.2009. Subagames where acting rly nice with Cheaters. Rly big banlists each time, after Report you got quick Replys etc. There where many fixes, after Z8 got they're hands on CF it died. Billions of Cheaters are now online, no fixes and nothing every day you want to complete the Missions you get cheaters all over the maps. They wont get kicked and nothing because the noobs want win, they cant if there is no Cheater. It's rly sad got K/D 3.0+ at my Profile now it's 2.3+. Fking Haxx and for sure they are hacking, at spawn they kill directly 10 ppl with headshot in 2 sec's. Subagames handled this Problems rly fine.

But there are so many Kids actually playing Games like M.A.T. or CrossFire. The first ex you see at Google.com if you google MAT or CF is "Mission against Terror Hack" or "CrossFire Hack". That sux.x. The Groups who create this Hack-Tools are working fine, but it sux.x because they kill games, but they get money. I know what I'm talking about i had worked in Groups like that (but not creating haxx for Games or something) they are pretty quick and good. The methods are pretty easy to understand and if a Game got "Hacked" one time, they can do it ever and ever again since a completly new Protectionsystem comes up.

Finally and all in all - Subagames where the best in handling Problems like that i've NEVER seen any other who handled nice and quick like Subagames. Z8 isn't banning players if they buy ZP (okay i don't rly know that but it looks pretty hard like that) Subagames did this everytime if someone comes up with a Demo about a Hacker.

WbW*/MFG* VisM.OwnZ?>*