PDA

View Full Version : Game Crashes

Kinitec
January 18th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Hello all.

Just got a new HDD for my computer and had to reinstall everything again but now I seem to be having an issue.

I can load the game fine can go everywhere in game and everything works great when I enter a game room it's fine but when i click ready and the map is suppose to load it locks up and freezes on me any ideas??

Also tried running it as an adminstrator and in Compability mode

elitekilla
January 18th, 2011, 12:59 PM
what are your computer specs.

Cpu:
Ram:
Video card/On board:
Operating System:

Kinitec
January 18th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Cpu:Intel Quad core 2.66 Ghz
Ram:8GB's DDr2
Video card/On board: 8800 GTS video 512 ram
Operating System: Windows Vista 32 bit home Edition

elitekilla
January 18th, 2011, 07:03 PM
does the game "freeze/lock up" as in you have to restart your computer because the game no longer responds or does the loading of the map just lag?

as well is your operating system fully updated including most current video driver?

Kinitec
January 18th, 2011, 10:09 PM
no my computer dont freeze just the game no longer responds and yes im fully up to date and have the most recent drivers

Fervid
January 18th, 2011, 10:20 PM
no my computer dont freeze just the game no longer responds and yes im fully up to date and have the most recent drivers

At any point, maybe before your HDD, did the game work fine for you? I'm wondering if something happened during either the download or install and some of the files the client is trying to access have become corrupt, therefor locking up after you click Ready.

If it used to work fine for you and you are now having problems.. Try re-downloading the game, this time choosing another download location (a different one from when you first downloaded) and re-install the game. This will at least rule out any issues with the game files itself.

Kinitec
January 18th, 2011, 11:06 PM
ok will do and ya the HDD is a completly new one went from 500 gb to 1Tb and it was working great