PDA

View Full Version : How to be a better sniper.

JRepasky123
February 10th, 2011, 02:07 AM
Hahaha, this isn't a serious guide, just a few tips.

1) Buy a headset, and learn to soundplay. I personally recommend Razer headsets, not the 50 dollar ones, though.
2) CORNERS.
3) Figure out where your sniper zooms in at, and take a piece of tape, put it on your monitor, and put a black X on the tape with a sharpie. <- This sounds stupid, but it'll actually REALLY help you learn to quickscope.
4) Don't try to get headshots, aim for the torso.
5) DO NOT JUMP WHILE FIGHTING OTHER SNIPERS - We know where you'll be in air, and where you'll land.
6) Obvious, but don't try to move while sniping, come to a complete stop, shoot, switch to pistol, and resume evading bullets. :]
7) As stated above, always switch to pistol after firing with your rifle.

^ I'm really tired, I just thought I'd start this post, I'll be adding more, and putting it in a much better format, I'll also include videos and what not, and get WAY more in depth. Just wanted to take a minute or so and start this post, as I've been thinking about it for awhile.

Candi856
February 10th, 2011, 02:49 AM
i have only recently started using sniping rifles. thanks for the tips!

FruitTart
February 10th, 2011, 10:55 AM
That's some good tips there

XTouch
February 10th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Razer blows.
Sennheiser ftw.

XTouch
February 10th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Razer blows.
Sennheiser ftw.

Mareeo
February 10th, 2011, 04:10 PM
thanks for the info.

But i've tried almost everything in that list (except the tape part) and well... i suck at sniping (:

JRepasky123
February 10th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Razer blows.
Sennheiser ftw.

This Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers. (http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169420200/parentCategoryID.35096300/categoryId.40856100) has always worked very well for me. I would highly recommend it.

HeadhuntFabo
February 11th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Razer is iffy. Some headsets come great, some don't. In all honesty, the only product I deemed buyable from them is their Deathadder.

Also, taping is dumb. It really is, unless you think this is some scoutz n knivez from source then go ahead.

PharohRa
February 14th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Razer is iffy. Some headsets come great, some don't. In all honesty, the only product I deemed buyable from them is their Deathadder.

Also, taping is dumb. It really is, unless you think this is some scoutz n knivez from source then go ahead.

I know my headsets a piece of ****. Half the time it doesn't work and I have to readjust the plug, but then again it is a crappy panasonic, I had a better one, but the cat ate the cord -_-

As far as quick scoping .. the sniper crosshair shows up in the middle of the screen pretty much. It's a good idea I suppose if you want to put an x on your monitor.

XTouch
February 15th, 2011, 02:56 AM
I know my headsets a piece of ****. Half the time it doesn't work and I have to readjust the plug, but then again it is a crappy panasonic, I had a better one, but the cat ate the cord -_-

As far as quick scoping .. the sniper crosshair shows up in the middle of the screen pretty much. It's a good idea I suppose if you want to put an x on your monitor.

Solution to your cat problem Pharoh.
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii301/boogle94/dog_eating_cat.jpg

Mareeo
February 15th, 2011, 11:53 AM
i thought you loved cats...

XTouch
February 15th, 2011, 12:11 PM
i thought you loved cats...

I only like blue cats. All the other cats can get eaten.

Mareeo
February 15th, 2011, 02:26 PM
ah... that makes sense.

JRepasky123
February 15th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I only like blue cats. All the other cats can get eaten.

I think we should put all blue camps into labor camps, and if they resist - execute them.

PandaPandaPanda
February 16th, 2011, 10:44 PM
I think we should put all blue camps into labor camps, and if they resist - execute them.

putting camps in camps is a stupid idea. what an idiot.

PrimordialSaronite
February 19th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Solution to your cat problem Pharoh.
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii301/boogle94/dog_eating_cat.jpg

:'(NOOOOO Save some for meh:-) :X

PrimordialSaronite
February 24th, 2011, 07:28 PM
So um Nice how Justinn Got BANNED?

JRepasky123
February 25th, 2011, 03:13 PM
I didn't get banned LMFAO. Why would I get banned? I was clan warring last night, and logged on today. Silly, I don't hack.

EDIT: I will be updating this guide.. When I actually have a day off and all that good stuff.

:]

2Sexy2Die
February 25th, 2011, 10:29 PM
You forgot a thing, Keep paying attention at scope dot(whats called)
Some snipers stare at enemies instead and they fail xD

JRepasky123
February 25th, 2011, 10:46 PM
You forgot a thing, Keep paying attention at scope dot(whats called)
Some snipers stare at enemies instead and they fail xD

Hahah, well they aren't cut out to be snipers anyways. :D

XTouch
February 26th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Noob face.

SeiKoTariKo
March 10th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Noob skills.

Mareeo
March 10th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Noob Noobs.

Seraphinax
December 15th, 2011, 05:27 PM
o.o Useful

velociti
December 16th, 2011, 07:16 PM
lol rarez the only bad thing about this topic is that it came from a cheater, who knew nothing about how to play. jrspeaky=justinn he was a liar and a cheater when he played mat a year ago, go talk to lock/mad (kiinky ingame still) / crypsis they know how to snipe, or ecstasi if hes on

Fishbait928aFNC
July 2nd, 2012, 12:39 AM
Protip: When you find a good sniping position (some place you arn't constantly ducking behind a corner and can wait for someone to appear in your scope) aim so that they will walk to your crosshairs instead of chasing after them. The lead distance required will depend on your reaction time. If you do it right you can focus much more on your peripherals and just know to shoot when you see movement.

Bo0n
July 3rd, 2012, 08:02 AM
those are terrible sniping tips.

The best tip on becoming a better sniper=PLAY THE GAME YOURSELF AND PRACTICE

R3aLEn3Rg1C
October 12th, 2012, 01:34 AM
i bought RAZER TIAMAT 7.1 and it sounds very good :XD: but i think this will help me more at ghost mode

YAMIORIGIN
October 13th, 2012, 08:53 PM
~ close range sniping .. you can pretty much just scope and shoot when moving ( about half a "Cross Range" length ) .. but yeah, you can still stop to scope and shoot ~ WARNING : CLOSE RANGE SNIPING WHILE MOVING WORKS BETTER WITH SOCCER SNIPER, AWP SOUL, OR GOLD AWP ONLY

ToFFyiCE
October 13th, 2012, 10:16 PM
that's why i feel weird, using gold awp and awp soul, in short range, even im moving, still hit almost accurately.