PDA

View Full Version : Ace suggestions

Smcarthur2007
March 16th, 2011, 03:42 PM
1. Stop making enchants so freaking impossible. Do u have any idea how frustrating it is to lose an expensive weapon or item like 6 times in a row when u say its a 50% prob. of success?

2. Allow remote shops or auction house. You have room for it on the town map, why not do it? Would u want to stand still for two days to sell one item, would that sound like a fun game to play to you?

3. Fix the arena. Booted out mid-match, not allowed to start a match,not allowed formation chat, not allowed to even open arena window sometimes. Come on.

4. Either increase wp rewards or lower wp costs. 100000 points to buy my esoc. Let's see: 300-600 points an arena match, MAYBE two working matches per happy hour, two happy hours I might get to play per day and that's like a month and a half of playing to get my card.

5. Give WP for pvp kills outside of sp's and ms wars. It costs me spi and time to shoot down that ani that's camping my newbie nation buddies and all I get for it is a fame score. Seriously? Really?

Anyways, that's my suggestions. Hope someone pays attention to them. Not holding my breath though.

s5

Cyo67
March 16th, 2011, 09:36 PM
1. Stop making enchants so freaking impossible. Do u have any idea how frustrating it is to lose an expensive weapon or item like 6 times in a row when u say its a 50% prob. of success?

Deal with it dude, it's not impossible to get a good enchanted wep. I've made tons of e10 stds and advs without eprots. Just level up and grind for some decent weps or buy a lot of em.

2. Allow remote shops or auction house. You have room for it on the town map, why not do it? Would u want to stand still for two days to sell one item, would that sound like a fun game to play to you?

I would love this, but that's up to the devs, and based on their track record, it's gonna take them awhile to do anything like this.

3. Fix the arena. Booted out mid-match, not allowed to start a match,not allowed formation chat, not allowed to even open arena window sometimes. Come on.

Relog. That's all ya gotta do to fix it. Takes all of what, 2 seconds to do? Jeez man, be patient. They'll fix it.

4. Either increase wp rewards or lower wp costs. 100000 points to buy my esoc. Let's see: 300-600 points an arena match, MAYBE two working matches per happy hour, two happy hours I might get to play per day and that's like a month and a half of playing to get my card.

The hell are you wasting 100k wps on an esoc. Those drop from goldies you *******. Go get an XL energy or sheild. Besides, quit whining about the wp cost, with arena back, it's even easier now that it was before. And again, quit *****ing about a good thing.

5. Give WP for pvp kills outside of sp's and ms wars. It costs me spi and time to shoot down that ani that's camping my newbie nation buddies and all I get for it is a fame score. Seriously? Really?

Been suggested many a time, it won't be implemented. Tho I do wish there was a reward system for it.

Anyways, that's my suggestions. Hope someone pays attention to them. Not holding my breath though.

s5

replies in bold.

Also, yeah, arena's a bit buggy, but oh well, we have WP HH now, which means non-cred based people can actually do **** now.

Smcarthur2007
March 18th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Thank you so much for taking time out of your valuable life span to trash on my suggestions. If I had been aware that the ruler of the online gaming world would be watching what I suggested to the ACE staff I would never have dared to try to make suggestions that would make this great game even better for ALL PLAYERS INCLUDING YOU.

Do accept my sincerest apologies, O Great Master, I never meant to offend u so much.

And since farming gold mobs (by definition RARE MOBS btw) with a .05% drop rate of esoc in the crowded NA server where everyone else is trying to do the exact same thing, for the exact same reason, is so easy then why don't you come to my server and show me how it's done.

I also never realized that out of five arena matches played you get booted out of two in the middle of the match, and cant talk to your team mates (a small matter I know, in a TEAM based mode) in the others was so trivial or I never would have brought it up.

Is this a great free game that i am super thankful for? Absolutely.

Is this the suggestions page, where they ask for suggestions on how to make it even better? Last time I checked.

So why don't you quit harassing someone who is only trying to make things better for everyone else and find something useful to do.

I also really don't appreciate being called a ******* in a public form. You may have noticed I did not do the same to you. It's called class. Try getting some.

s5

Cyo67
March 18th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Thank you so much for taking time out of your valuable life span to trash on my suggestions. If I had been aware that the ruler of the online gaming world would be watching what I suggested to the ACE staff I would never have dared to try to make suggestions that would make this great game even better for ALL PLAYERS INCLUDING YOU.

Do accept my sincerest apologies, O Great Master, I never meant to offend u so much.

Sarcasm will get you nowhere.

And since farming gold mobs (by definition RARE MOBS btw) with a .05% drop rate of esoc in the crowded NA server where everyone else is trying to do the exact same thing, for the exact same reason, is so easy then why don't you come to my server and show me how it's done.

I've gotten a grand total of 3 esocs and 3 ssocs, one of each was bought, the esoc for me, the ssoc for a briggie, the other 4 were drops. By your count, I would have to waste 600k wps to get that. :3 And those 600k wps could go towards XLs to sell for about 300 mil apiece. Which amounts to about 6 esocs/ssocs for each 300 mil I have if they are priced at 50 mil, which I regularly see for ssocs. It's often about 35 mil for esocs, so that pretty much almost doubles the esocs I could get. I'm so sorry that you have a horrendous sense of economy, good sir.

I also never realized that out of five arena matches played you get booted out of two in the middle of the match, and cant talk to your team mates (a small matter I know, in a TEAM based mode) in the others was so trivial or I never would have brought it up.

Didn't I tell you to relog? Or do you have selective reading? Because it totally takes an hour to RELOG. WHICH SOLVES THE PROBLEM. And you wonder whats with the insults.

Is this a great free game that i am super thankful for? Absolutely.

Is this the suggestions page, where they ask for suggestions on how to make it even better? Last time I checked.

Actually, this is the SUBA COMMUNITIES suggestion page. The actual ACE ONLINE SUGGESTIONS PAGE is located right here: Suggestions (http://forum.subagames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)

Absolutely fascinating what a little more scrolling can do for you, isn't it?

So why don't you quit harassing someone who is only trying to make things better for everyone else and find something useful to do.

If by useful you mean complaining and parroting what others have said, then you are doing a FANTASTIC job of that. Please, come again with something that hasn't already been talked to death and back.

Oh, and here's a tip: read the forums and search the suggestions to see if what you wish to say has not been already said. In most cases, it has been. Repeating the same thing over and over does nothing, if anything, it increases the annoyance factor which results in you having a bad rep.

I also really don't appreciate being called a ******* in a public form. You may have noticed I did not do the same to you. It's called class. Try getting some.

Respect shalt be dealt to those that have earned it. You haven't. End of story.

Also, grow some thicker skin man, I've been called worse than this and gotten less riled up.

s5

Replies in bold, per usual. Also, might be handy to request a mod to move this to the oh-so-hidden AO suggestions forum.

:3

Smcarthur2007
March 18th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Not getting dragged into another forum war with another one of u types of people, who doesn't even make sense.

/ignore

excuse my back, o master.

Neverrz
April 12th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Its people like SMcarther2007 who keep ACE a substandard MMO. This is a suggestion page to improve the game. Try coming up with some of your own instead ideas instead of trying to come across like your somebody important. This game is full of peeps with no independant thoughts except to critisize others who actually take the time to try and help ACE improve gameplay. Do you need to jump straight to name calling because you want attention or to make yourself feel superior somehow? Get some help!

Sahdowstar
April 12th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Looks more like he was honestly replying to what was suggested. The only insult I see is the one "*******" which looks like it was mentioned offhand. Somehow I don't think he was trying to come off as important, but rather help you deal with the situations presented to you.

As for your suggestions:
1) The chances may seem rather ridiculous, but you have your good days and bad days. Also, going e10 is not a 50% chance. Going from e9 to e10 is, but going from e5 is a completely different story.

e6>e7>e8>e9>e10
.9>.8>.7>.6>.5
.9*.8*.7*.6*.5 = .1512
Bout 15%. It's no wonder 6 break in a row.

It's often suggested to just get a lot of clean weapons and enchant them all up simultaneously, going only as high as they will before they break or up to e10 or whatever you're comfortable with. Once you have it at the enchant you want it at, THEN you fix it. That way you don't waste crafted or purchased supergambles on a weapon that's just going to break. After that just legend it or keep it.

If you're going with IF weps or slot armors, just go only as high as you're comfortable with. I run around with an e6 VA with beautiful fixes and some e5 armors and I hold up alright.

If you don't like going through that process, save up money and just buy the weapon ready made. It's slightly more expensive overall, but much more guaranteed.

2) Auction house would be beautiful. Devs are thinking about implementing this, I think. Let's hope they hurry up. D:

3) Can't say I've ever had these problems. As for no form chat, there's arena chat to make up for that (%chat).

4) Cyo covered this point well (barring his eloquent choice of words). Skill cards, while rather rare to drop, come around relatively easily when everyone's killing goldies. If you can't find one by the time you want the skill, buy one. 25 or so mil for an ESOC may seem like a lot, but it comes around, especially if you participate often in Wednesday events and sell any Eva/Def cards you obtain and the like. Also, obtaining wp has never been easier. You should have seen how difficult it was to get WP before the permanent, level based, and timed WP happy hours.

Also Arena isn't the only source of WP. No matter which nation you're on, even SP and MS losses give a very decent amount of WP.

5) You also get a minuscule amount of exp or spi depending on whether you eat or sell the KMs. And the ability to craft em into useful CPUs that could just as easily drop from IF.... :V

Converting KMs into WP would be absolutely beautiful. It's a shame it has yet to be implemented.

Bculover
April 13th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Wow got to chime in. It does seem that some peeps troll the forums just to shutdown new ideas. When it cannot be justified then they attack the person. Terms like deal with it and such do not help. When suggestions are made we do not want your explanation of how we should be playing. We want changes to improve ACE gameplay.

Saying someone can get something from GOLDY drops is ridiculous. If a skill becomes available at lvl 20, you will be at least lvl 70 or higher before you get the drop u need..and that is still a small chance. I have been playing over a year...killed thousands of goldies and have only gotten one ESOC. The rest are useless engines and such. Yes there IS a small chance of getting something but lets not make it sound like it will happen to most people.

Next, the issue of enchants no matter your system of doing it....the success rates still suck. I have spend hundreds of millions and never gotten an enchant above e8. Yes I used Eprots ... Yes I have tried several methods ...they all fail. So again the original point is valid. The extreme luck a few have getting things does not make good game play for the majority.

WPs if you call 200 wp for losing an event a good decent amount then you will never agree with any posts in the forums "Except those for who immediately jump in and tell someone they should Deal with it when any suggestion is made".

I have read hundreds of pages in these forums and they are loaded with negative replies with peeps who are sitting at the top of the game because of real money spent. No one is trying to knock them off there perches of having the best the game can offer but trying to sell the line that everything is ok and you just have to grind, deal with it, stop being a noob or stop being a skilless speck of humanity will not improve the game.

If you disagree with a post then say you like things the way they are...instead of trashing someone who is struggling with the shortcomings of ACE gameplay.

Ace is turning into a COINER game play. You either spend money or remain food and that is where the frustration of the forums are coming from. I expect at least one person will post how they never spent a dime and elevated themselves to the top tiers of GVETs, but we all know it will be a lie.

To end, Ace should have small changes made that will enhance the experience of gameplay for everyone. I am not talking about nerfing gears or reducing damage like some QQ about. Just allow peeps to progress through lvls with lvl appropriate gear without having to take out a bank loan.

Sahdowstar
April 13th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Wow got to chime in. It does seem that some peeps troll the forums just to shutdown new ideas. When it cannot be justified then they attack the person. Terms like deal with it and such do not help. When suggestions are made we do not want your explanation of how we should be playing. We want changes to improve ACE gameplay.

It's not so much telling him to deal with it as it is helping him do so, especially considering many things like this have been considered before and isn't likely to be changed anytime soon. Of course, that doesn't mean suggestions shouldn't be made, but looking at the current suggestion/acceptance ratio...

Also, if someone makes a suggestion like, for example, "It's too difficult to grind on the DC Wall because I keep dying," when they aren't using the proper method/pattern or are not using a stealth card, should the game be changed for this one person when everyone else manages? Of course not. Instead, they should be taught the proper way to do so, like everyone else has been.

Similarly, in terms of making a weapon, there is a certain technique that, while more time consuming and is more costly in terms of SPI, works better than most others. If a man wastes his supergambles on a weapon before enchanting it and it breaks while enchanting it, then complains that he wasted money/materials on the supergambles, should the game be changed? No, he should remember to put the gambles on once the weapon is enchanted fully. It's something that could have been avoided should he have asked for advice and received it.

In terms of expensive equipment such as slot armors, wp armors, and IF weapons, though, the chances can get ridiculous, seeing as you can't exactly get multiple of each one to attempt to get them all as high as possible without breaking your bank...

Saying someone can get something from GOLDY drops is ridiculous. If a skill becomes available at lvl 20, you will be at least lvl 70 or higher before you get the drop u need..and that is still a small chance. I have been playing over a year...killed thousands of goldies and have only gotten one ESOC. The rest are useless engines and such. Yes there IS a small chance of getting something but lets not make it sound like it will happen to most people.

I didn't say you had to drop one, I said buy one from someone who did. It's rather lucky when one player nabs one skill card through that .01% chance or so, but when hundreds of players kill hundreds of goldies, skill cards will drop for the luckier among the players. Special skills become available at 50 and Elite skills at 70. By the time you hit 70, if you participate in Wednesday events, get a lucky break, or are smart about your funds, you will probably have enough SPI to purchase an ESOC. SSOCs are somewhat harder to get your hands on, though, but they're not absolutely necessary, except for MGs who lust after Purify. While useful for AGs and BGs, it's not entirely necessary, and IGs don't need chainlol at all.

Next, the issue of enchants no matter your system of doing it....the success rates still suck. I have spend hundreds of millions and never gotten an enchant above e8. Yes I used Eprots ... Yes I have tried several methods ...they all fail. So again the original point is valid. The extreme luck a few have getting things does not make good game play for the majority.

[I]Getting to e10 is difficult but possible without having to pay. As I said, amass cleans and rage em all up simultaniously, you're bound to get at least one to go to e10. Extreme luck is not necessary. If you're talking about people with e13 ****, those are credwhores. Pay to win applies in that aspect, unfortunately.

WPs if you call 200 wp for losing an event a good decent amount then you will never agree with any posts in the forums "Except those for who immediately jump in and tell someone they should Deal with it when any suggestion is made".

It used to be 100 for losing an SP. Now with the HHs that have been put in place, it's 200 base. If you're below level 75, it's 300. If you have membership, it's 400.

300 used to be what you get for winning. Now you get 600 base, 900 if you're below level 75 or have membership, and 1200 if you have membership and are below level 75.

As for motherships, considering the number of teleports/SPs that can be brought down, no matter whether the nation is winning or not, keeping in the same rates as mentioned above, that WP adds up fast.

Considering how the rates used to be compared to how they are now, yes, you do get a decent amount of WP. Back on AR, there is no WP HH except on special occasions, and they still manage to get their fill of WP items, winning and losing nation alike (barring the XLs, those go for 20k wp over there compared to 100k over here). We're being spoonfed as it is.

I have read hundreds of pages in these forums and they are loaded with negative replies with peeps who are sitting at the top of the game because of real money spent. No one is trying to knock them off there perches of having the best the game can offer but trying to sell the line that everything is ok and you just have to grind, deal with it, stop being a noob or stop being a skilless speck of humanity will not improve the game.

We all know that there are many things wrong with the game. What I'm saying is that many of the points mentioned here aren't part of the problem, at least in my opinion.

If you disagree with a post then say you like things the way they are...instead of trashing someone who is struggling with the shortcomings of ACE gameplay.

That's basically what I did with the added bonus of helping him work with the current system. Debating or disagreeing =/= trashing. The problem seems to stem from the fact that much of the community is a den of trolls, and those that take said insults too seriously will herd more insults. It isn't so much trolling in these cases as it is... eloquent choices of vocabulary.

Ace is turning into a COINER game play. You either spend money or remain food and that is where the frustration of the forums are coming from. I expect at least one person will post how they never spent a dime and elevated themselves to the top tiers of GVETs, but we all know it will be a lie.

I am one of these. I have bought creds only from trusted brigmates with SPI or ingame items, and, though I'm not among the ranks of heros with e14 armors and powerful weapons, I still manage to hold my own against them (to an extent), and I can trounce most pilots with similar equipment to mine (which is more than decent equipment).

I've been playing for a little over a year on this server, and for a year and a half back on AR. Paying has always been an easier and faster route with better results, but it is possible to get up there without paying, just takes patience.

Broke down your comment; replies are written in bold. Wall of text gogogogogogo

Eeep1
April 14th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Wow, I must say even though I think some of your points are completely wacked out, You have expressed them in a professional manner. Maybe there is hope yet these pages can actually amount to something.

Last point then Ill let it go. Saying something is better than it used to be or that Ace is better or the same as Air Rivals does not address an existing issue with gameplay.

I am glad for the improvement that have been made..and I am aware suggestions are basically ignored unless there is a mass uprising. Forums, even if QQing gives people an outlet from the frustrations that keep mounting up in game. Having someone try and defend defects or dismiss someones frustration just adds fuel to the fire..so to speak. Supportive speaking even when disagreeing might qualm a lot of the posting.."like"

We all know the enchants rates suck and we are continually passing the community complaints on to the programmers but changes "even if they decide to" are slow to happen. In the mean time, here is an enchanting method I have found that works best. Hope it helps some and thanks for your input.

If posts were answered like the above example...I truly believe a lot of fires would be put out or at a minium keep things civil.

I am speaking of GM's/Mods/Forum police responses only. You cannot control the trolls who just want to start a fight or belittle someone to make themselves feel important.