PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Notes 10-29-09

EchoSaviour
October 29th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Nothing special, more server side checks and maintenance. Only thing of note is that I tweaked the spawn rate of the pumpkins to be SLIGHTLY higher in spawn.

FortunePaw
October 29th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Then lets see how long it takes me to get a pumpkin weapon...

JKRevan
October 29th, 2009, 12:36 PM
echo, did you checked the support email i sent?

SquirtleLovesYou
October 29th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Echo thanx for the respawn boost I got 4 pumkins already

Fr1skyDingo
October 29th, 2009, 01:02 PM
EchoSaviour;32779']I tweaked the spawn rate of the pumpkins

OMGz ~goin to farm~

Amarin
October 29th, 2009, 01:16 PM
EchoSaviour;32779']Nothing special, more server side checks and maintenance. Only thing of note is that I tweaked the spawn rate of the pumpkins to be SLIGHTLY higher in spawn.

could u please increase droprate of killmarks to 100%
(or at least tell why not ?)
because i hunt around 20 pumpkins in 10 mins but they just drop nothing
at least 1 mark would be nice , since they are worth nothing and once u got 300 there is no use for them anyways

EchoSaviour
October 29th, 2009, 05:45 PM
We don't control monster drop rates.

Dx73r
October 29th, 2009, 06:54 PM
EchoSaviour;32960']We don't control monster drop rates.

damn.....

so u cant put a HH of 1000% Rare drop???????s

FenderJazz
October 29th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Oh, he can alter the HH. He just would never alter it THAT MUCH.

FieldArtillery
October 30th, 2009, 03:43 AM
item HH should come with a rare drop %. Nothing major but any % is better than none. Or not......did this sound like I was crying....

n01L : For the love of god, stop posting

godofatality
October 30th, 2009, 10:04 AM
and how much is slightly altered?
anyway, thnx, i olmost had no pumpkins, and the ones i did get dropped nothing... grinded a couple of days, and only had 3 bundles (2x Ctype kits and a gamble) and like 30 marks...

gnosis22
October 30th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Will the pumpkin killmarks be useful in the future by any chance?

EchoSaviour
October 30th, 2009, 02:18 PM
The end of the event will get it removed from everyone's inventory.

Kojiro
October 30th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Copying my question from the Q&A here, cause it seems related here.

I know that we have the option to make a Haloween mark with Killmarks and Sweet Pumpkins. You mentioned that much. You also mentioned that 300 KMs and 10 Sweet Pumpkins make a mark.

I am curious because I see a lot of differing Halloween marks on Japan Ace Online (e.g. cat and candy coming out of a pumpkin, witch's hat, etc). So, are there other marks we can make? And if so, what are the recipies for them.

/I'd kinda hate for the event to pass and not get what I can

ArtoriusDivinus
October 30th, 2009, 02:28 PM
I think that just like AR has only 2 pumpkin weaps ( tail and smash ), we probably only have one mark.

Alexander
October 30th, 2009, 03:09 PM
The patch is different for each version, of course AR got the worse version, and of course, Japan got the big massive epic patch

ArtoriusDivinus
October 30th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Were in the middle, not to ****ty, not to epic, just right.

Kinda ****ed up though, AGs get uber lucky in AR, while everyone else gets screwed over.

Oshima
October 30th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Were in the middle, not to ****ty, not to epic, just right.

Kinda ****ed up though, JAOs get uber lucky w/Mechas, while everyone else gets screwed over.

Fixed! Now it matches how I feel.

SirHumpsalot
October 30th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Screw dem mechas...

It would've been nice to see different halloween marks, because seeing a freaking big fat pumpkin over everyones and their moms heads it's kinda stupid. I would so ****ing totally wear a witch's hat as a halloween mark if it was an option :3.

Oshima
October 30th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Witch's hats... Lolipantsumechas... to each their own. Oh should I even mention that they can buy Def and Eva cards for the same price as an Adv Att card from the same shop? 2 mil for e10 is alot easier on the wallet than 400-500 mil.

SirHumpsalot
October 30th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Witch's hats... Lolipantsumechas... to each their own. Oh should I even mention that they can buy Def and Eva cards for the same price as an Adv Att card from the same shop? 2 mil for e10 is alot easier on the wallet than 400-500 mil.

Yeah, but then everyone and their moms would have 130% eva/def and everyone would be forced to ***** credits to make weapons to counter them. At least the ones with such massive ammounts of eva/def are few right now and will always remain few, that of course, considering the ammount of high level players that quit because they reach to their endgame, still get their asses pummeled to the ground and cant find anything else to do since grinding becomes pointless; and the ammount of players that eventually, some day, somehow, reach to the level where using those cards is a good idea just to repeat the cycle all over again. There are of course exceptions to this rule but they are even fewer so w/e. And the witch hat is just to combine with the rename, I guess touhou fans will catch up at some point :V.

Kojiro
October 30th, 2009, 04:11 PM
I will note a couple of things and try to be objective. However, most people know how I feel about the mechas, etc.

Had a series of SPs today on Japan Ace. I still have some leveling to do :P

1. Even the uber def. / eva. carded ppl. died easily (not to me, but it seemed that there was not an inordinate amount of chasing the IGs [including Nation Leader IG] like there is here)

2. Japan Ace has the mechas. Has is ruined the game? Lemme see . . .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/raymjs01/ATM00024.jpg

Hmm . . . I did not see a single mecha . . . oh, wait, there's one . . .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/raymjs01/ATM00023.jpg

Darn game. So ruined (exaggeration added). ragequit.

Oh yeah, and the new MG, I'm kinda meh about it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/raymjs01/ATM00021-1.jpg

Oshima
October 30th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Well in my eyes keeping the Eva and Def cards as drop only hurts the newer players more than anyone else. They can't get the cards from drops since you have to be mid level just to get to the map, higher if you want to have a decent chance at farming them because of the mob levels. Most mid to high level players also are hard hit for SPI and with the cards selling for 40 mil+ a pop, well, it's just not viable to even e5 an armor. Kojiro was talking w/some JAO players and they mentioned it didn't make sense to have +prob and +pierce cards available to lower levels yet deny them the ability to defend against them by making the Def/Eva cards 'drop only'.
I dunno SoB, I feel that making these cards more available would actually benefit those that don't spend massive amounts in the cash shop since they wouldn't need to toss a bunch of Suba points into e-protects for fear their 250+ mil investment will go to waste. I also know that you are aware of the fact that every card into eva or def means less total HP which means a BB is more devastating and those with weapons designed to counter your build will also take you down quicker since your HP total is less than someone who went hybrid or full HP on their armor.

SirHumpsalot
October 30th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Nagamasa, noone sees the mech armors as gamebreaking, that's the least that goes through peoples minds when thinking about the lolimech armors, they are just ****ing gay, period.

Now I DO see the point oshima is making, but to be bluntly honest, the ammount of evasion - defense low level gears can reach is so low anyway that it doesnt really make a real difference. Granted, the fact that they are drop only and they are so goddamn hard to get inflates the economy like nothing else, but normaly the people that are of that level and can take the most advantage out of them can afford them SPI wise, or farm them as well. Speaking from own experience, I never bought any evasion card, all of those cards I got my hands on were farmed, wich also serves for the purpouse of grinding wich unfortunally has become a necessity for the handfull of active players left due to imbalance issues caused for the lack of work of most of ANI. Take my point as a biased statement if you might, but the fact that it works well so far is the proof that there isn't anything wrong with how the system currently is :P, change is inevitable anyways so we'll see what happens later.

Updating steam
October 30th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I also know that you are aware of the fact that every card into eva or def means less total HP which means a BB is more devastating and those with weapons designed to counter your build will also take you down quicker since your HP total is less than someone who went hybrid or full HP on their armor.

Actually, if you say, enchanted an R type to e12 eva (+17%), you would have 2x-3x the health of and nearly the same ammount of evasion as a V5 wp armor.

FortunePaw
October 30th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Well in my eyes keeping the Eva and Def cards as drop only hurts the newer players more than anyone else. They can't get the cards from drops since you have to be mid level just to get to the map, higher if you want to have a decent chance at farming them because of the mob levels. Most mid to high level players also are hard hit for SPI and with the cards selling for 40 mil+ a pop, well, it's just not viable to even e5 an armor. Kojiro was talking w/some JAO players and they mentioned it didn't make sense to have +prob and +pierce cards available to lower levels yet deny them the ability to defend against them by making the Def/Eva cards 'drop only'.
I dunno SoB, I feel that making these cards more available would actually benefit those that don't spend massive amounts in the cash shop since they wouldn't need to toss a bunch of Suba points into e-protects for fear their 250+ mil investment will go to waste. I also know that you are aware of the fact that every card into eva or def means less total HP which means a BB is more devastating and those with weapons designed to counter your build will also take you down quicker since your HP total is less than someone who went hybrid or full HP on their armor.

http://i34.tinypic.com/50n0u9.jpg

5 cards are somehow easy if you have the money and it's just a matter of time to find the sellers (4 are brought, only 1 drop in 30hr farming...).

I suggest echo should do another poll to see if the community is ready for those new cards in the shop.

ie. 1)all ep3 cards in npc shop, 200k spi each.
2)all ep3 cards in npc shop, with ridiculous pirce.
3)all ep3 cards in wp shop, 2k wp each.
4)all ep3 cards in wp shop, with ridiculous amount of wp.
5)keep it as it is like right now
6)I'MA FIRN' MAH LAZARRRRRRRRR

FieldArtillery
October 30th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Screw dem mechas...

It would've been nice to see different halloween marks, because seeing a freaking big fat pumpkin over everyones and their moms heads it's kinda stupid. I would so ****ing totally wear a witch's hat as a halloween mark if it was an option :3.

Yeh that pumpkin had to have been drawn in 3 minutes tops MS Paint lol.

The Japan marks looks nice too. Im working on making 1

Kojiro
October 30th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Nagamasa, noone sees the mech armors as gamebreaking . . . they are just ****ing gay, period.

lol, can't argue with that. But I still want one :D

FieldArtillery
October 30th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I will note a couple of things and try to be objective. However, most people know how I feel about the mechas, etc.

1. Even the uber def. / eva. carded ppl. died easily (not to me, but it seemed that there was not an inordinate amount of chasing the IGs [including Nation Leader IG] like there is here)

I dont think Ace needs eva/def cards in the shop for the simple reason that they are all selfish in alot of ways.

The reason why the people on Japan ace can cope with it is because the economy is alot better. You can get higher prob/pierce weapons from somebodies shop if you need one. But here, if somebody made a weapon that was a high eva killer or high def killer, they would rather break it before selling it to the nation. So basically that's where their balance comes from. I was on today and was given a arrow with 25pierce and 21 prob in exchange for a pumpkin upgrade card, do you think anybody on here would do that?

Kojiro
October 30th, 2009, 05:49 PM
True . . .

hmm, I have a pumpkin upgrade card . . .

/broke my pumpkin smash going e7. Fuuuuuuuuuuu

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
October 31st, 2009, 03:15 AM
pg[/IMG]
HOLY ****ING UGLY **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Fr1skyDingo
October 31st, 2009, 04:36 AM
Thank God we didn't get crappy ugly mecha armors that honestly make no sense in this game.

For Eva/Def cards, there is NO NEED for them at low levels. You go through armors like toddlers go through shoes. The fact that they are a rare drop only is actually good since the prices for everything else in the game have been slashed due to pre-startup arrangements and WMI. 30~40m for an SSOC? 5m a script? Bibles for 2m? The only items you can farm for a good monetary gain are evasion and defense cards. They keep people farming, keep the economy going, and facilitate the CREDIT PURCHASES OF PEOPLE WHO CAN'T NORAMLLY GET CREDITS. If you can't buy creds, but farm 5 defense cards I can guarantee you'll find someone to load creds for you.

ArtoriusDivinus
October 31st, 2009, 05:42 AM
Now that I have ZoE 2, the black mech somewhat reminds me of Jehuty..

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs31/f/2008/216/c/9/Zone_of_the_Enders_2___Jehuty_by_neofireatlarge.jp g

FieldArtillery
October 31st, 2009, 07:28 AM
If you can't buy creds, but farm 5 defense cards I can guarantee you'll find someone to load creds for you.

Lets keep in mind that this does not include ANI Prelude, you find someone willing to load you credits(in addition, a reasonable amount) here for 5 def cards and I will double it.

PatronAngeL
October 31st, 2009, 11:52 AM
I could not stop lol'ing for 6 hours when I've seen the mecha picture.

JKRevan
October 31st, 2009, 04:25 PM

Yay for yuriko omega, serioulsy, thats SO yuriko....

as for the nerw mg armor,, its a mash up btw the circle and helly defenders

godofatality
November 2nd, 2009, 08:58 AM
EchoSaviour;33247']The end of the event will get it removed from everyone's inventory.

wow, all 90 of 'm? i still havent gotten enough for one of those marks :(
and all i do is hunt 'm, since the event started... i didnt even get a weap yet :eek:

i think events should be a litle bit smaller, that way everyone can enjoy them, and more time could be spend in repairing the lag, or making more lasting stuff for the game...

gnosis22
November 2nd, 2009, 09:04 AM
wow, all 90 of 'm? i still havent gotten enough for one of those marks :(
and all i do is hunt 'm, since the event started... i didnt even get a weap yet :eek:

i think events should be a litle bit smaller, that way everyone can enjoy them, and more time could be spend in repairing the lag, or making more lasting stuff for the game...

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa23/zeus_the_moose/pumpkms.jpg