PDA

View Full Version : A solution to: "closet hackers"

TechHippie
April 1st, 2011, 03:03 PM
Many record their videos for reports via Fraps i'd assume. Here's a different, and much more ample approach for the "closet hacker" (tries to make cheating appear legit) in a competitive play scenario. Many of you may think you know a closet hacker, but be careful with your accusations - this may just be a seasoned FPS player.

What you'll need:

Teamviewer - from TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet (http://www.teamviewer.com)
Print Screen button - takes screenshots to your MAT folder

First, let the player know you will not play against them unless you can view their "presentation" via Teamviewer (this allows you to see their screen, not control it). ***Make sure you're recording in high quality via the options***During this time, you can also run MAT and play against them. During times ingame, take your screenshot and be sure to SS the lobby too if possible.

Why use Teamviewer?:

-"closet hackers" will not be obvious if you don't see their aiming, etc. Since they don't God Mode, speed hack, or name change, screenshots alone are not enough, as well as Fraps.

-Teamviewer files cannot be manipulated, as they are their own format with no editor.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply. I would be more than happy to assist you!

Mareeo
April 1st, 2011, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the info Etan, this thread should be STICKIED imo.

I play MAT from my laptop, since my big computa is dead, but i'll be getting one soon in the future, i will surely run fraps and TV on that!

Let's hope this helps getting rid of many closet hackers that have been considered pro for a long time while they only hack!!

MizuKitsune94
April 1st, 2011, 07:40 PM
I often broadcast my play via xfire's broadcast option as well as record and upload my play.

XTouch
April 1st, 2011, 09:13 PM
Yeah, But the bad thing about this is that hackers can claim to be legit because an idiot teamviewed then and all they did was "View" the other players gameplay.

Not many people out there in the MAT community know how to do a thorough search and then they go and give cheating scrubs proof to say they were teamviewed.

Garbage...

GabeS14
April 9th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Well this is a good thread, Etan, Ecs, you guys should post up a simple tutorial on how to run/use the TV, I would love to learn, maybe some examples of what to search for ..hints..etc..common help us out, There are a few suspects I would love to Tv but dont know exactly what i should be looking for.

TechHippie
April 10th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Well this is a good thread, Etan, Ecs, you guys should post up a simple tutorial on how to run/use the TV, I would love to learn, maybe some examples of what to search for ..hints..etc..common help us out, There are a few suspects I would love to Tv but dont know exactly what i should be looking for.

To be honest i'd love to, but then it would be too easy for a cheater to get his hands on it and be able to know what to do to rid his proof for certain basic searches, etc.

I think the best way is to do the preliminary TV (though some may not be able to watch smoothly even with their TV settings favorable), and ask someone you know can TV properly to perform it.

I think it's best to keep the practice as secretive as possible. It's more effective and easily possible currently given MAT's population. If and when it grows though, there will need to be a shield.

I suspect as more and more time goes by, that the people arranging TVs on "pro's" will start learning the tricks of the trade via watching and listening in vent with the person performing the Remote Session.

GabeS14
April 22nd, 2011, 09:33 PM
Hmmm, I would like 1-2 members of my team to be TV'd but couple times I contacted ecs he was busy, hope you guys can help me out with this soon, I would love to listen in !