PDA

View Full Version : split/windy/storm.

Maayanbl
April 15th, 2011, 08:01 PM
i have a lvl 70 pure agility ata with lvl 10 mastery and lvl 10 tov. planing to raise vengeance to 10 first and then hov. i got 3 free skill points i dunno where to place.
storm is a nice aoe skill, but i've heard at high lvls its useless. thought mabye it worth raising it only for sod, a nice place to earn sheltoms.
windy is nice, but it gives the same amount of range at lvl 1-10. the only improve is the atk rgt. do atas need extra atk rgt? i mean i already got plenty from my high agility. do atas miss attacks at pvp? if they do i should probably raise windy.
about split, theoreticly it should have higher damage then vengeance, but when testing it on mobs it seemed to deal less damage then it suposed to. anyone has information about that skill? how much damage it rly does (at lvl 10) and if its a 1 hit skill or 3 hit skill, which matters since if its a 3 hit skill, the enemy's absorb will reduce it 3 times, if its a 1 hit skill it will reduce it only once (Better).
hope you got some answers for me :P

oh forgot to mention i wanna build my ata mainly for pvp.

Viseris
April 16th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Attack rating is really an important stat in the higher maps, and you will still be missing mobs with veng, since it doesn't boost attack rating. To make a comparison a 9x Knight with around 1000 attack rating will hit with 1800 attack rating when using Grand Cross. My guess is, a pure agility 9x Atalanta will have between 1650-1750 attack rating (with Windy 10 btw). So ultimately, the Knight's Grand Cross is more accurate then when you use Vengeance.

Regarding skills, I would say you have two options. One would be to ditch storm altogether and level Windy and Split Jav. Monster have way to much HP for storm to be of use in a map higher than i2. You'll be able to max both windy and Split jav by 96.
Split is really used as a PvP skill for Atalantas. With its attack rating boost it is more likely to connect with all three shots and its a mix-up to constant veng. spamming. So there you go.

The second option ofcourse would be to keep a decent level of Storm (say to mass pull aoe in i2 hs or something) and choose between Windy and Split Jav. In my opinion, leveling Windy is a must on an Ata, but really its up to you.

And yes, Split is a 3 hit skill, whereas Veng hits twice. You can see the miss animation quite noticeably on the two skills.

Maayanbl
April 16th, 2011, 07:08 AM
thx for the information. about the misses, im more interested in pvp, atas miss in pvp?
about split. if it does the same damage it did in my checks, veng should have better damage, and veng is also faster. why do i need this skill then?
oh and one more thing i forgot to ask. windy's range increases my range also when i use skills like veng and split?

Nnoitra
April 16th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Attack rating is really an important stat in the higher maps, and you will still be missing mobs with veng, since it doesn't boost attack rating. To make a comparison a 9x Knight with around 1000 attack rating will hit with 1800 attack rating when using Grand Cross. My guess is, a pure agility 9x Atalanta will have between 1650-1750 attack rating (with Windy 10 btw). So ultimately, the Knight's Grand Cross is more accurate then when you use Vengeance.

Regarding skills, I would say you have two options. One would be to ditch storm altogether and level Windy and Split Jav. Monster have way to much HP for storm to be of use in a map higher than i2. You'll be able to max both windy and Split jav by 96.
Split is really used as a PvP skill for Atalantas. With its attack rating boost it is more likely to connect with all three shots and its a mix-up to constant veng. spamming. So there you go.

The second option ofcourse would be to keep a decent level of Storm (say to mass pull aoe in i2 hs or something) and choose between Windy and Split Jav. In my opinion, leveling Windy is a must on an Ata, but really its up to you.

And yes, Split is a 3 hit skill, whereas Veng hits twice. You can see the miss animation quite noticeably on the two skills.

Cept that Grand Cross takes the 80% ar boost from the weapons ar and not your total ar....

Split used to be good before veng got boosted with added crit and lower mp, so now i dont know if split is still worth it.
Windy's range will also boost your skills range

OHxYabuki
January 30th, 2012, 04:06 PM
If Split is only for the AR in PVP, then I don't know if it's worth it.

Splim000
February 8th, 2012, 01:53 AM
veng always was stronger then split jav with both lev 10.
Storm jav is good at higher lev in a comp party in et2 hs or if u have couple 11x tanks with vl.
AOE party is really the fastest way to lev once your 11X .
Windy dose add range to Veng.

MrsBJ78
February 15th, 2012, 01:28 PM
i only use vene...split got this big delay tho

Mintfreshness
February 18th, 2012, 09:06 AM
agree with the people who said storm jav + veng + windy is the best option, thats what i use and i have a lot of fun playing with my ata :D you should try it !

but i think you guys forgot to mention something very important about veng and windy

both add range which means low str atas can be quite far from the real action without worrying about getting hit, ;) i think lvl 10 veng adds 155 range + windy at all lvls adds 30

as for storm javelin, its super useful at sod and for soloing crowded spawns, its very very decent at i2 (only lv 94 here), meaning great exp

Veryhaha
February 18th, 2012, 11:17 PM
so......vengeance lv/10, wind lv/10, what about split, storm?? for lvl 90- 99?? i am so confuse:confused:

yggdrasilberry
February 19th, 2012, 01:32 AM
split if u want bc, storm for mini and sod.

TideMyShoe
March 31st, 2012, 08:59 PM
my strom lv10, if i put more skill point on split to lv10 it will more powerful on pvp? now i am worry about HOV and frost, which one do i max? my HOV lv 6, frost only 2....this 2 skills i was think about years

Mintfreshness
April 20th, 2012, 10:11 PM
my strom lv10, if i put more skill point on split to lv10 it will more powerful on pvp? now i am worry about HOV and frost, which one do i max? my HOV lv 6, frost only 2....this 2 skills i was think about years

in my opinion

i decided to max out HoV over Frost because hov adds a nice dodge rate and thats useful for either pvp and pve :) and people you party with really love it, its a very helpful buff while frost, doesnt work on other skills and you can only cast to yourself, kinda only useful on pvp but not quite a priority

hope this is helpful ^^