PDA

View Full Version : A Fighters Xetan Build

iK3N
April 29th, 2011, 05:28 PM
So, I would like to know the types of builds players have tried and used when hunting Xetans.

Im 105 now and I will probably only be hunting from now on and would like a good build on a Fighter which doesnt solely rely on Xstals..I would like to possibly just to be able to tank it.

I have heard that Fire Attribute improves the tanking capabilities, but how much does it improve?

Also do players use Bone Crash or Avenging Crash? I have both 10 but due to low Atk Rtg with Bone Crash I feel like I kill faster with AC eventho BC pulls out more damage.

Would you add health points to increase tanking capabilities and sacrifice some strength.

Any input would be awesome ^^ Thanks.

K3N - 105 Valento Server

Nnoitra
April 29th, 2011, 06:18 PM
id stick with AC if i were you, when i play pike i miss so much due to no ar bonus on skills.
Rather hit for less dmg then miss with more dmg, besides hitting means your recharges recharge :)

iK3N
April 29th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Haha yea I know..Ive kind of settled that AC is best compared to BC. However with 105 items...The possibility of switching to Concentration for the extra 160 Atk Rtg since axe already has 8 speed and Swift Axe is not compatible with 105 Axe (No Speed 9) and if you pull a Tenshln and get a 105 sword..Bone Crash might be effective if you get enough AR...

Nnoitra
April 29th, 2011, 06:48 PM
You serious? swift axe doesnt work with 105 axe? wow thats lame :S
I thought ppl said that quest axe + swift axe was faster skilling with AC :S

iK3N
April 29th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Well Tenshln told me about it...When I saw AC with Axe and then AC with Sword..I could tell. There is a little speed increase on the destroyer animation..but you use it once in a while.

I thought we got 8 Speed...but apparently not..

GreenExile4
April 29th, 2011, 11:59 PM
When i was still 113-114 using ZA +16 with higher AR compared to my 105axe, I miss more than now lvl 117 with 105axe when i use BC on Xetan. So, I conclude that level differences with the mob does affect your hit rate on them. Since you're level 105 I would suggest you to add your remaining SP to fire attributes, remove BC instead. SA should be better for you because speed 8 allows you to pot faster than speed 7. Or change to sword fighter like me :P speed 9 helps in potting and higher AR with higher crit %, trade off is lower raw min damage which dont matter much as i hit alot of crits with sword. after using sword, my exp rate increase significantly. but i do still use my axe for casting destroyer.

KillingMyCompetition
April 30th, 2011, 01:09 AM
so fire attribute does improve u taking less dmg from xetan or it doesnt work at all?

ReyJunZ
April 30th, 2011, 01:41 AM
fire attri might work like on pike against frost atk of valento. i would keep of axe since you can destro which deals lots of dmg especially xetan is a demon. and i will stick to ac coz of atk rate and crit from brutal swing. I prefer also conce over sa and better .about puttin health.as a 105 fs you should already tanking fine with xetan. and str also gve .8 hp though. oh well its just me

RBjazz
April 30th, 2011, 02:28 AM
fire attri might work like on pike against frost atk of valento. i would keep of axe since you can destro which deals lots of dmg especially xetan is a demon. and i will stick to ac coz of atk rate and crit from brutal swing. I prefer also conce over sa and better .about puttin health.as a 105 fs you should already tanking fine with xetan. and str also gve .8 hp though. oh well its just me

I disagree with you in one point. - a 105 FS will tank Xetan with NO add to Health = dead.
1 attack from xetan = 3/4 or more of your life bar will be loss.
And that is base on experience. I'm 109 FS btw.

iK3N
April 30th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Indeed. Xetan attacks are very powerful, they also fluctuate quite abit..so it can range from 1/3 of my HP gone, to taking 2/3 of my HP.

I will be trying Fire Attribute when Event Girl comes out to see if tanking becomes easier.

I do remember one random time I used Rage of Zechram on a Figon and no damage was given since it was a fire attack on a fire mob..so in this perspective, maybe Fire Attribute will help.

Thanks for the input guys ^^ Decisions Decisions!

Nicoamil
May 2nd, 2011, 08:47 AM
dont trust the logic capabilities of triglow pictures designers and programmers. rage of zechram did not hur tthe figon just because it was poorly coded (this is, not working). that skill should give regular damage PLUS fire damage. instead of that, what we get is NO regular damage given, and supposedly only fire damage. if the regular damage part of that skill was to be fixed, you would see fighters leveling way way faster than we are used to.

has anyone tried one handed impact lvl 4 on xetans? with the block given by shield, plus the defense of the claw it shouldnt be that hard to tank those things. or even raving, with its wonderful ability to flinch the mob in every connected hit...

iK3N
May 2nd, 2011, 11:45 AM
Hmm...got a point..Well either way Ill give it a go....Hopefully it does help tanking Xetan so I wont have to rely on Crystals in future.

iK3N
May 2nd, 2011, 05:05 PM
ANyone know if Impact has Delay at Level 10?

Nicoamil
May 2nd, 2011, 06:07 PM
Hmm...got a point..Well either way Ill give it a go....Hopefully it does help tanking Xetan so I wont have to rely on Crystals in future.

the delay starts at lvl 5, or it used. dont know with speed 8 axes. if u will be running tests and have the chance to test that on quest and 105 axes, i will be really grateful.

iK3N
May 2nd, 2011, 08:25 PM
Well on one of the websites it says theres delay at after Level 5..I doubt they will have changed that part of the game..Could give it a try..

My main concern is Fire Attribute and if SA really does not work with 105 Axe..I think that will be the case since Tenshin has already done tests regarding Swift Axe.

TheRealDeath
May 3rd, 2011, 07:11 AM
With event girl coming doing these tests should be no problem ^^

TrueEpt11xFS
May 3rd, 2011, 01:24 PM
To answer your questions:

SA with 105 axe:
AC - Barely can feel any difference with speed 8. I believe its an animation issues.
BC - Yup its faster.
Destroyer - Definitely faster. But is useless since its not spamable.

105 Sword:
Everything just feel its really speed 9. Damage wise, its compensated with the spd and high critical rate. I am talking about AC here which is the main attack for most fighters.

Impact:
I prefer to have it at level 1. With valento rings, it is usable even when u have no mana or recharge. it serves as a normal atk for me if i ever need it. Same for raving or triple impact. Roar of Zecram is crap. spam and no dmg done at all.

Xetan:
BC misses alot on xetan when i don't have concentration before. AC is better. Level difference with the mob make a difference in hit rate. For ik3n case, i would drop bc definitely. Fire attribute i have not tried b4 so no comments. maybe you can test it for me hehe. As for to add hp anot, its really up to you. If u can buy restats stone in future, i think its ok to add. However, i would prefer to log on a prs to give vl.

iK3N
May 3rd, 2011, 01:38 PM
Sweet, thanks for your input dude!

I have been wondering if BC will hit more if I use COncentration instead of Swift Axe..but my main goal here it to tank a Xetan without using any Xstals...damage wise will always be above average with AC or BC..its just tanking and relying solely on my Fighters capabilities..

iK3N
May 5th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Had a quick test on Xetans WITHOUT any Recharges so this may be incorrect.

Current have 10 Fire Attribute, 10 Concentration, 10 Avenging Crash with 5 Brutal Swing (Others like MM, Dest and Health Boost as well).

While tanking a Xetan with an axe and without recharges, the attack from Xetan seemed very unpredictable..at times my health will not move and then all of sudden I'd lose like 65% of my HP. Im thinking thats the difference with his attacks? Ones Fire Attack and ones not right?

Well not sure entirely on this Fire Attribute, I shall run another test later this weekend or something.

Anyone else done any tests?

Nicoamil
May 6th, 2011, 08:37 AM
please, test if lvl 5 impact can be spammed with 102 and 105 axes!

iK3N
May 6th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Website already said that delay kicks in at level 5..

iK3N
May 9th, 2011, 02:39 PM
I ran some quick tests.

Current Build (Level 105):

10 Melee/ 10 Fire Att/ 10 Avenging Crash/ 10 Concentration/ 5 Bswing/ 10 Dest/ 10 HBoost/ 2 Berserker

I went to kill a few Xetans and found that Fire Attribute might actually work.

Xetan does 2 different attacks, One where he summons a fire ball down from the sky, the other comes out of his wand as some kind of magic attack. Im not sure if what Im about to say it totally correct, hopefully someone can have a look into it as well.
The problem with testing this stuff is that the time between the moment he casts an attack to my Hp losing health is out of sync. I found that when my HP decreased, the NEXT attack animation was the wand attack.
There have been times when the Xetan will attack me with his Fire Ball attack 6-8 times...where my HP did not move at all, but once my Hp moved, his next attack was the wand one..this has made me to believe that Fire Attribute has increased my resistance to Fire attacks (My Fire Resistance is at 69).

I spoke to Tenshln about it and one thing is brought up was..If there was any difference with Level 1 Fire Attribute? From my recollection I remember having to pot once after every AC I did, regardless of what attack he did..But can anyone clarify this?

If anyone has a similar build to mine but has Level 1 Fire Attribute instead, can you go tank a Xetan with your 2Hand Axe and see if you lose any damage from his Fire Ball skill.

Hope this stuff helps ^^

Bruuuto
May 9th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Hi K3N i changed my build too but I went with 10 bs and 5 in fire att. and it does seem to help with tanking Xetans - also on giving up my bc10 - it seems I might kill Xetans a lil bit faster but it also seems that it takes longer to kil GG now using ac/bs both 10 and I definitely miss bc10 when killing demon minis...

BrightRen
May 9th, 2011, 11:40 PM
anyone put a bit of health in around 105 for tanking purposes?

Bruuuto
May 10th, 2011, 12:45 AM
I haven't because the fs hp formula from strength is too good - put 10 points in health and u get 10 points in health ; put 10 points in strength and u get 8 points in health plus more damage so I will never put any points in health. Thats my opinion...

RBjazz
May 10th, 2011, 12:48 AM
anyone put a bit of health in around 105 for tanking purposes?

if your str can reach 520 and do it and the rest for health.
but if not stay at 390 str. and the rest to health. :)

TheRealDeath
May 10th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Actually, with 10 points in health you gain 24hp ;)

iK3N
May 10th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Yea I know killing Gorgans without Bone Crash is definatly alot slower, but Ive prepared myself for that cause I wont be in et2 much unless people ask me to come..I will generally be in et3 hunting if I have nothing else to do.

Bruuuto
May 10th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Actually, with 10 points in health you gain 24hp ;)

you are absolutely right I stand corrected ; P

"if your str can reach 520 and do it and the rest for health.
but if not stay at 390 str. and the rest to health. "

I just tried this (390 str) and yes I had 130 more hp but my dmg dropped more than that and I didn't like it as well as base health and the rest in str. so I just changed it back as my old way suits my playing style more =)

" Yea I know killing Gorgans without Bone Crash is definatly alot slower, but Ive prepared myself for that cause I wont be in et2 much unless people ask me to come..I will generally be in et3 hunting if I have nothing else to do. "

but but but GG drops Frenzy armors... (well at least he used to...) ;)

iK3N
May 10th, 2011, 09:39 AM
not dropped anything for me a while xD

Does yur HP bar move at all with 5 Fire when he does Fire Ball?

(I just found a 105 item....hammer -_-)

Nicoamil
May 10th, 2011, 01:07 PM
there ya go. you were thinking about swordfighter plus concentration. get the hammer to fs and use it for destro!

iK3N
May 10th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Haha that would be pretty jokes..Hammer looks ugly though ><

RBjazz
May 10th, 2011, 08:44 PM
"if your str can reach 520 and do it and the rest for health.
but if not stay at 390 str. and the rest to health. "

I just tried this (390 str) and yes I had 130 more hp but my dmg dropped more than that and I didn't like it as well as base health and the rest in str. so I just changed it back as my old way suits my playing style more =)

you can't have all the stats you need at 105. you need to sacrifice either the str or the health. ;)

Bruuuto
May 10th, 2011, 11:20 PM
you can't have all the stats you need at 105. you need to sacrifice either the str or the health. ;)

ya more hp is ofc a good thing - maybe I will try pumping some health when I get 11x (if that ever happens) ;)