PDA

View Full Version : ACE Situation 11-02-09

EchoSaviour
November 2nd, 2009, 11:02 AM
Alright, seems like people are raging non-stop even when I do give updates to things. Anyways he's the update on things.

1: Lag

We know about it, we're working on it, we're just waiting on the developers to confirm things for us, then we can go ahead with it. As stated in a different thread. There's no point doing a massive maintenance trying to fix everything when it still won't fix the problem. There are several potential culprits although one of them seems like the biggest one. As mentioned we need the devs to confirm it.

2: Website issues

It's not really my area, thats mostly for the technical guys. But there have been some issues recently on the PT end of things that are chain breaking other things. ACE has been pretty friendly to the site.

3: Halloween Stuff

Just to clarify for sure. If your pumpkin weapon isn't E7 or higher by the time we have the maintenance to remove halloween, then it's gone. After that maintenance, the weapons are treated as regular weapons.

4: Upcoming patch stuff

Patch is coming soon, don't know the full details but I'm pretty sure I have 95% of whats coming in it.

5: Why did you turn off your PM's

Simple. People keep sending issues to my PM's that should be sent via the various support emails. I tried phasing it out slowly but people kept sending. Only solution left was to completely turn it off so people have no choice but to send it to support.

6: If you're so busy, what happened to Sacc?

He's still around, just not as available as before so I've pretty much had to pick up the extra slack. Coupled with the whole rebuilding of everything then my hands really gotten full.

7: How busy are you guys?

Everyone is doing the work of 3 people?

AkaiYuki
November 2nd, 2009, 11:23 AM
It is a good thing to confirm with the koreans on confirming what is truly causing the problems. As I have mentioned in the other thread, this company had real bad management and was totally ick.

They ended up mentioning about a complete server wipe (nope. the state of the game was not alpha testing. It was GOLD phase! Players actually forked out money to buy the game). True enough, all of the players who had been playing for around 2 weeks were dismayed, so they started giving out all their possesions since there was going to be a wipe, only to find out that the devs told them that a complete wipe was not needed for the patch to take effect. Can you spell emo rage players?

What patch were we talking about? It was the patch that the American server was using. And this patch was essentially the "gold" phase patch that would wipe out a whole slew of bugs.

Wait... i know what you're tryin to guess... That this game company launched a game that was in beta phase and was asking consumers to buy this game? Yeap you guessed it right. Just that the consumers did not even know that the version of the software that the server was using for South East Asia was in the beta phase and ended up buying the game.

Long history huh? Actually not, there were many screw ups that the company and its management has coughed up but writing all that here is gonna be lengthy and i decided not to write it up...

I hope that things would not further go south that it already is currently at and the situation would start heading north. Keep up the work echo =)

And thanks for taking time to write all this up.

ArtoriusDivinus
November 2nd, 2009, 11:27 AM
1. Slow devs are slow as usual.
3. So, after the event, when you ench prot it and it goes back to e5, the weapon is NOT deleted?

Nice to see an update-thread, hopefully it'll calm some of the ragers down.

EchoSaviour
November 2nd, 2009, 11:30 AM
The deleting period only counts for when the halloween event is done.

After that the weapons are pretty much considered as normal weapons. A failed enchant and it becomes e5 after the event will not delete it. (I'm pretty sure on this with what I know about how the game servers work)

Pinoyisthenewblack
November 2nd, 2009, 11:38 AM
EchoSaviour;34259']The deleting period only counts for when the halloween event is done.

After that the weapons are pretty much considered as normal weapons. A failed enchant and it becomes e5 after the event will not delete it. (I'm pretty sure on this with what I know about how the game servers work)

They will become "normal weapons" or "normal legend weapons" (meaning they won't be enchantable/gambled)? :x

Also, you have the support of many people, the ragers are just more notorious...

EchoSaviour
November 2nd, 2009, 11:39 AM
More or less regular weapons. Just that there are no more ways to get them.

BullsI
November 2nd, 2009, 11:49 AM
EchoSaviour;34259']The deleting period only counts for when the halloween event is done.

You might want to check to make sure on that. The AR community was told even if it broke down to 5 after the event was over it would be auto-deleted. I'd like to know for sure instead of "pretty sure" if you could.

EchoSaviour
November 2nd, 2009, 12:01 PM
I think people are getting confused with a few things.

1: If the weapon reached E7, failed and went back to E5. And when the event ends, the weapon will be lost cause it's E5 at the end of the event. It doesn't matter if it was E7 during the event, it only matters if it was E7 at the maintenance to remove the event.

2: If the weapon reached E7, stayed after the end of the event, and fails to E5, it will stay in the game.

The reason is because that when the event ends there will be a process to automatically check for any halloween weapon and wipe them if they are below E7. If there was some sort of constant check after the event, it would have to be permanent as no one would know when a person may break their halloween weapon. I'll try to confirm with the devs but I'm pretty certain there isn't just from my own dealings and understanding of how the ACE system operates.

Shuffl3z
November 2nd, 2009, 01:34 PM
And what about the Ranking Page? when it is going back again

ArtoriusDivinus
November 2nd, 2009, 01:37 PM
Ebra, we got more important issues then an e-peen swinging page.

Shuffl3z
November 2nd, 2009, 01:38 PM
Ebra, we got more important issues then an e-peen swinging page.

i waited long time for it. :<

T4nkz
November 2nd, 2009, 02:27 PM
Echo what happened to scuderia?

FieldArtillery
November 2nd, 2009, 02:28 PM
EchoSaviour;34248']Alright, seems like people are raging non-stop even when I do give updates to things. Anyways he's the update on things.

1: Lag

There are several potential culprits although one of them seems like the biggest one. As mentioned we need the devs to confirm it.

What, is it classified information? That's like me saying, "there is a bomb in the building and I know where it is" and then just leaving right after that. Now everybody wants to know in impatient panic, where the bomb is. I'm sure you get what I mean.

FortunePaw
November 2nd, 2009, 02:33 PM
What, is it classified information? That's like me saying, "there is a bomb in the building and I know where it is" and then just leaving right after that. Now everybody wants to know in impatient panic, where the bomb is. I'm sure you get what I mean.

No, what echo means is there's an object inside this building that the cilivan thinks it might be a bomb. So they call the police and have their bomb squad to check it out since cilivan shouldn't handle this kind of problem by themselves.

ArtoriusDivinus
November 2nd, 2009, 02:37 PM

Scuderia got lost in the splitup. :V:V

FieldArtillery
November 2nd, 2009, 02:39 PM
No, what echo means is there's an object inside this building that the cilivan thinks it might be a bomb. So they call the police and have their bomb squad to check it out since cilivan shouldn't handle this kind of problem by themselves.

Either way if I seen this object or may know what this object is, I would describe what it looked like to everyone so if they saw it, they would have a idea of what it is or if it really is the bomb. Who knows there may be a bomb expert in the building.

no1L2
November 2nd, 2009, 02:44 PM
God didn't created the universe using the big bang.

EchoSaviour
November 2nd, 2009, 02:53 PM

He was with G4Box.

Trollpoke
November 2nd, 2009, 03:20 PM

operation the less you know the better you sleep

FenderJazz
November 2nd, 2009, 03:21 PM
Just curious: Why do you have to contact the devs about the lag issues? I would've thought that sort of thing would be Suba's problem, not theirs. If it's so they can optimize the game code that'll take ages because they'd have to rewrite the entire game. :P

gnosis22
November 2nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
Just curious: Why do you have to contact the devs about the lag issues? I would've thought that sort of thing would be Suba's problem, not theirs. If it's so they can optimize the game code that'll take ages because they'd have to rewrite the entire game. :P

It never works that way ever. Suba can only do so much (i.e. mess with server configuration and hardware). If the problem is with the code that they have itself, as in any code whatsoever, then they have to go through the devs.

Thats how it works with most software companies at least, and it creates a terribly inefficient bureaucracy that makes big government look like a good thing.

Trollpoke
November 2nd, 2009, 03:32 PM

i'd assume the game code is so ****ty they need to check with the devs so they don't crash everything.

FieldArtillery
November 2nd, 2009, 04:22 PM
If it's the game code, then I guess they just continued their careless coding of the game as time went on for NA because Japan Ace is almost lag free at all times and they are ahead in some content. Koreans just need to stop giving America the butt of the cigarette to smoke.

T4nkz
November 2nd, 2009, 04:26 PM
EchoSaviour;34328']He was with G4Box.

Whata *****... Finally get some1 new and you introduce him and stuff BOOM BACKSTABBED man...

FortunePaw
November 2nd, 2009, 04:32 PM
Echo did mention the lag is caused by hardware and software combine. I think that the hardware problem is easy to fix, and they need the dev to write some more code to fix the software problem. And that's why it takes this <----------? long to fix the lag because it's up to those korean coding monkey.

So just chill out and bear with the the rest of us.

ArtoriusDivinus
November 2nd, 2009, 05:09 PM
If it's the game code, then I guess they just continued their careless coding of the game as time went on for NA because Japan Ace is almost lag free at all times and they are ahead in some content. Koreans just need to stop giving America the butt of the cigarette to smoke.

AR has it even worse. :V

MrNice
November 2nd, 2009, 05:37 PM
You might want to check to make sure on that. The AR community was told even if it broke down to 5 after the event was over it would be auto-deleted. I'd like to know for sure instead of "pretty sure" if you could.

on german ar they told the community that you need 300 halloween km's and 10 sweet pumps to make a weap...

FieldArtillery
November 2nd, 2009, 05:39 PM
AR has it even worse. :V
I know, they deserve it for their fail staff

Polysaccharide
November 2nd, 2009, 05:55 PM
I have a few guesses which will be -> Shot down or ignored as echo already knows.

1.The software is optimized for specific hardware, and when changing hardware it acts very badly or refuses to work. (Would be a great idea for preventing P servers.)

2.They don't have the ability to change any of the networking code to fix the lag, so once they get a server patch from Masang/yedang they can install new hardware and patch it.

3.Echo is not going to tell us what him and the team think because it makes it impossible for him to be wrong if he doesn't. Non specific answers = more area to work with. If he said Yeah we just need a new router and to set it up we would all be like WHAT THE **** JUST GET ONE ALREADY! Thus creating less QQ.

FieldArtillery
November 2nd, 2009, 06:03 PM
If he said Yeah we just need a new router and to set it up we would all be like WHAT THE **** JUST GET ONE ALREADY! Thus creating less QQ.

But if that was the problem and he didn't say anything that would just show a lack of integrity and inevitable self awareness of how much your doing to get things done.

If Microsoft released Windows 7 and people loaded it into their computers and it exploded, your gonna get millions of angry people. If you know what the cause of that may be, would you just keep it classified until it was fixed, just because you thought it would cause less whining?

Not keeping people updated IN DETAIL is what's causing people to QQ, not the fact that it's not fixed yet, it's a companies responsibility to let people know what they think may be the problem and the steps their taking to get it fixed.

Demyx
November 2nd, 2009, 06:52 PM
Fenderjazz, what i am getting outta what echo said about having to check with the koreans is the following.

Suba doesnt Own AO, the game is licensed out to them by the company that makes it, which is korean. Maybe suba itself has a contract clause that forbids them to fundamentally alter game code itself. they just sorta act as server custodians n a sense, managers of the HARDWARE, not the software. If the big problem is software related they wouldnt be able to do anything about it or else contract is broken and the koren company that owns the game itself can slap a hefty lawsuit against suba. That is pretty much what ive interpreted all of echos post as.

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
November 2nd, 2009, 07:40 PM
Balance the pvp or just make ANI better (or ban the stackers), I could care less about the rest. plskthx.

*EDIT* JUST KIDDING GET ME THE BIPIN/NORG ARMORS K?

Alexander
November 2nd, 2009, 08:12 PM
Delete both servers and all the characters

create a new server called Cyngus

ApocryphaB
November 2nd, 2009, 09:06 PM
Or we can all just wait and get something awesome later. :V

FenderJazz
November 2nd, 2009, 09:26 PM
Fenderjazz, what i am getting outta what echo said about having to check with the koreans is the following.

Suba doesnt Own AO, the game is licensed out to them by the company that makes it, which is korean.
I know. This is also the case for most other MMORPGs out there.

Maybe suba itself has a contract clause that forbids them to fundamentally alter game code itself. they just sorta act as server custodians n a sense, managers of the HARDWARE, not the software. If the big problem is software related they wouldnt be able to do anything about it or else contract is broken and the koren company that owns the game itself can slap a hefty lawsuit against suba. That is pretty much what ive interpreted all of echos post as.
Thing is, all of the problems could easily be hardware-related. Considering that everything ran fine before they lost the servers it probably is, unless they lost some very important code along the way too (but I believe all of Ace's stuff was recovered). Echo has even said that they've order new parts and other hardware from overseas, but the only hints of a software problem we've had are the recent optimizations in game code.

If they have to call overseas for anything, it would be to report the problem. Maybe advice. But I don't think they need a ton of permission for server upgrades. And since it worked fine a few months ago, what's stopping them from just copying what that server setup was? Shouldn't need much if any new code, but lots of new hardware.

bacchen
November 2nd, 2009, 09:31 PM
I do not mean to be rude or cause any offense, but, if Sacch can be on, to randomly be watching warchat and see me say " I hack " and mute me, I don't see why he can't be doing something productive.

But hey, I don't know the whole story, and I don't claim to. I'm just saying.

ApocryphaB
November 2nd, 2009, 10:38 PM
GMs get bored sometimes. Pop in for a few seconds, do something to 1 person, the logs out and continues to work.

gnosis22
November 2nd, 2009, 10:43 PM
Yapp seriously and its always hilarious when they do it.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa23/zeus_the_moose/LOLMUTED.jpg

cenaca
November 2nd, 2009, 10:47 PM
hi i cant speck much ingles but i try explication me have error fieldwinsocket_closed all time i try enter in the this kick me i reinstaled again the game and now tell me i need the path 2.0.0.12 to 2.1.0.0 and i cant see this path in the home subagames. plz help me

UnderFoot
November 2nd, 2009, 10:53 PM
EchoSaviour;34248']

5: Why did you turn off your PM's

Simple. People keep sending issues to my PM's that should be sent via the various support emails. I tried phasing it out slowly but people kept sending. Only solution left was to completely turn it off so people have no choice but to send it to support.

So I sent an e-mail to ace @ subagames. About

I fixed my font issue.

Right click on the desktop, and left click on Personalization.
Under tasks, Adjust font size (DPI)
Default scale is (96)
I was using big scale (140), and that made reading fonts on the game “bad”
I switch to the larger scale (120), now all the font work in-game

And their reply was "Hello Oakland,

The Suba Games support email is for contacting Suba Games support. If you would like to contact a GM, please send them a PM via the forum (forum.subagames.com).

-Suba Games Staff

So it's catch 22, maybe you'll read this.

Oakland

ApocryphaB
November 2nd, 2009, 10:55 PM
Turn it into a form of a question, then it'll work.

EchoSaviour
November 3rd, 2009, 11:44 AM
Was able to confirm that after the event, any halloween weapon that survives won't be removed if it goes below e7. It's like I mentioned earlier, there will only be that one check during the maintenance period.

FenderJazz
November 3rd, 2009, 12:00 PM
So I sent an e-mail to ace @ subagames. About

I fixed my font issue.

Right click on the desktop, and left click on Personalization.
Under tasks, Adjust font size (DPI)
Default scale is (96)
I was using big scale (140), and that made reading fonts on the game “bad”
I switch to the larger scale (120), now all the font work in-game

And their reply was "Hello Oakland,

The Suba Games support email is for contacting Suba Games support. If you would like to contact a GM, please send them a PM via the forum (forum.subagames.com).

-Suba Games Staff

So it's catch 22, maybe you'll read this.

Oakland
Welp. That needs to be fixed.

I have an idea for that which may be better: instead of sending a PM to individual GMs, why not set up a joint inbox between all GMs that all the stuff the players send to them gets dumped into? Bonus points if it looks for keywords and sorts them into categories like 'glitch' and 'hacker/scammer' and 'plis men make me GM plis'.

ScrewedThePooch
November 3rd, 2009, 01:02 PM
and also like 'bacon' and 'terrible forum mod doing a horrible job'

Mike Cosgrove
November 3rd, 2009, 02:35 PM
'terrible forum mod doing a horrible job'

http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/games/1/1/291/thumb_620x2000/Cry_some_more.jpg

CRY SOME MORE

ScrewedThePooch
November 3rd, 2009, 03:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpA2dZwBduY

demonloan
November 4th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I think that, given all that has happened, we are dam lucky the GM`s reply to the messages and still seemingly like to hear from us....we still have events, issues still get handled in a somewhat timely manner.....

I say KUDOS to the GM`s for the effort.........

Try to work in an understaffed office with buggy software and have people rag on you 24/7..........

I wonder about certain things like: why are the items I use least, or I have no use for above having 1 or 2 of that item, are made no trade....but hey, I get that things are how they are....

Please make the slot binders tradeable again...or have some spi price limit on how much can be charged for selling them....(would be easy with a properly coded auction house ....lol....sry I just HAD to slip that in there).

Awesome job GM`s....hope to see you guys in game a bit more....

Dam it was fun when the GM`s visited......

oooo and a HUGE thumbs up for the shop...it has made My efforts so much easier in a lot of ways..........

JKRevan
November 4th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Echo, one last question regarding the pumpkin stuff

I got a 2nd pumpkin smash, i havent bothered tinkering with it yet

You said that after the even, pumpkin stuff will be treated as normal weapons, that means they'll be tradeable?

*EchoEdit*

Normal in the sense that you can do whatever you want. but the item tradability doesn't change.

FieldArtillery
November 4th, 2009, 02:14 PM
EchoSaviour;34703']Was able to confirm that after the event, any halloween weapon that survives won't be removed if it goes below e7. It's like I mentioned earlier, there will only be that one check during the maintenance period.

Why aren't they being made frozen from enchant and regamble, thats like a no risk situation, they get to make a leviathan equivalent weapon before they even put the enchants and fixes on it and then they can keep adding on enchants if they need to or regamble it over and over with without worrying about it ever breaking.

JKRevan
November 4th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Echo, one last question regarding the pumpkin stuff

I got a 2nd pumpkin smash, i havent bothered tinkering with it yet

You said that after the even, pumpkin stuff will be treated as normal weapons, that means they'll be tradeable?

*EchoEdit*

Normal in the sense that you can do whatever you want. but the item tradability doesn't change.
O well... it means this extra smash will languish on my inventory coz i dont have a shortest idea of that to do with it =X

(lol @ quoting myself via echo edit)