PDA

View Full Version : Clans, are they worth it? Why or why not?

Dynomic
May 14th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I'm not used to joining clans in games, but I'm curious as to how clans in this game can have benefits?

TANOS12
May 15th, 2011, 12:47 AM
ohhh...might i ask what game have no clans? and umm there...there for making friends..and ummm for clan wars..

Dulled
May 15th, 2011, 10:56 AM
True, I meet 90% of my friends in clans. Not to mention, you will get more competition in a clan than you will pubbing the whole time.

MrSaturn
May 15th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I've never been part of a clan in a shooter. I've never really seen much of a point to it. However the traditional shooter and an "MMO" shooter is different because there's no sense of community what so ever in a regular shooter whereas in "MMO" shooters, you have lobbies(and chatrooms in our case) and clan matchmaking.

Counter-Strike for instance had none of this, and I personally had no interest in seeking out other clans for scrims and all this nonsense especially when people can't keep time commitments and it just becomes a big time waste waiting for people(there was a lot of this between the teams in our first 3v3 tournament with WOGL and it essentially boiled down to the same sort of deal where you have to arrange for a match and have everyone on at the same time). The only form of communication inside of the game itself for a game like CS was to join a specific server and I didn't like that either as I used to play a lot of 'fun' maps like soccerjam, surf maps, the crazytank maps, jeepathon and some Star Wars map with a drivable Sand Crawler that you could run over other people with.

With a game like MAT, you can hop into a clan battle without having to coordinate times with another clan so there's no wasted time if you and a few friends want to hop in and do a clan match with someone else, you have a persistent clan chat that you can see wherever you are, whether it's a different game room than other clannies or hanging out in the lobby(I think, I don't do anything with clans for MAT and have seen what the clan server looks like only once), and there are official clan rankings so having clan matches actually means something and has an end result whereas scrimming with someone on CS... after it's done you haven't really accomplished anything. It's a lot less hassle than games of yesteryear and I would be more inclined to join a clan in a game like this.

Afsfsfs
May 15th, 2011, 04:08 PM
I'm not used to joining clans in games, but I'm curious as to how clans in this game can have benefits?

no man clans are not really worth it in this game sorry to say.. to many fake $$$ B's in this community.. not anoth cool people in the game anymore just mexicans cool people and chatroom people ( no offence ment )

CherrySkittle
May 16th, 2011, 10:01 AM
benefit.. its kinda hard.. you need to team up w/ cooperative players to be able to get the prizes from clan wars.. i think if you win clan war 3 times in a row (or was it 4) you get a gold m4m1.

MrSaturn
May 16th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I. Hate. The. Quick. Reply. Box.

Ahem. I take the score of the clan that won each week. 1 month = the last Thursday of the previous month to the last Thursday of the current month. 3 wins or more pretty much guarantees that you win the Gold M4A1s for the month unless for some reason there's a massive drop in overall points gains or something which is unlikely. Points start to really matter if 2 clans win twice in a single month, as then I'd have to take the highest total between the two.

EDIT: Actually I'd like it if we had some sort of clan points system where those points could become currency that your clan leader can use to send weapons/items to their clan members. You could only get these by participating in the Clan Battle server and the shop would have a few unique things in it that you can't get in the regular shop. Ideally this shop could take care of even the Gold M4A1 thing; similar to how you can only use the Lv1 Honor Card if you are level 20 or above, I'd love to see some items that are restricted to those who placed higher than... let's say 5. So the top 5 clans could only buy a certain item or two. The top clan only could buy something like a Gold M4A1. And of course these top 5 clans are reset each week so there's always incentive to do Clan Battles.

It would give a little more drive to compete in Clan Battles, which means that the overall competitive spirit of the game would go up and players can go in and reward themselves instead of getting set prizes that I have to send to people manually(one at a time at that so take comfort in the fact that weekly and monthly clan rewards are all done by me on an individual basis =p).

Alas, I'm not a game designer, nor do I have an army of programmers to command.