PDA

View Full Version : Guide to Human Ghost Mode

NycxMeC
July 4th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Well, other methods can you best, but this has greatly improved my performance.
I'm not a great player like some friends I know in MAT, but try to improve.
I never did well in Ghost, never saw the ghosts and I'm horrible in melee.
I started researching issues related to melee and talk with the "best" Ghost and each one described his own technique.
Searching on other forums, I learned a little more (at least in theory), and got to a point that was very good to me (I will slowly improving).

1 - Ghosts, are noisier than humans to move and their sound is different. To set this you need a good sound system, which really separates the sound and a little practice to know the difference. In this case, a good sound card and a great set of headphones is essential.
I use a Sound Blaster sound card and a 7.1 channel and headphone Ultrasone HFI-550, no sound goes unrecognized, you just have to learn to distinguish them.

2 - The brightness of your screen trick your eyes.
Especially if you're playing for a long time and the view is already tired.
Practical and easy.
Within the game, click ESC, SETUP, VIDEO, BRIGHTNESS, and pull the arrow to around 58to 62.
It depends on your screen and how you will adapt. You can see the Ghosts a lot easier.

If anyone has a good tip, or better, and help put here.
Thank you and good for all Ghost Mode.

P.S.: Sorry I'm English, I used the Google translator.

Maysky
July 5th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Other helpful tips: (This is almost my gamestyle for human ghost but it helps in general)
1. If you're alone, WALK around. That way you can hear if a ghost rushes behind you, you can tell where they are breathing easier, you might walk into one of them and they haven't notice (therefore easy kill).
2. Again if you're alone, DON'T SPRAY around the room/hall cause then you will be alerting the ghosts where you are. Just walk and take it slow, you might hear someone cough by taking your time.
3. When defusing, don't always depend on your teammates. Look slightly above the bomb (but still able to defuse). If you got time, just try to defuse first and if you see someone infront shoot them. (This works alot better then that fake defuse crap you guys do..)
4. When shooting ghosts be aware that they can just suddenly crouch and crawl towards you while you're still shooting around. (AKA watch under your line of fire too)
5. [Recommended for those who can possibly melee ghosts] My preference for playing human ghost but its sometimes not smart that I do it...but... Drop the pistol. Ghosts only have one way of killing: Meleeing you upclose. Run out of bullets? No problem, just take out your melee and swing at them (but don't spam it)
6. Keep your nades.. Especially when you're shooting at ghosts and then they run behind pillars/room corners.
7. [Works best for afk ghosts] Walk towards source of breathing. If you still can't tell (cause some people...just aren't that skilled I guess?), nade it and WATCH FOR BLOOD. But if you can tell, easy headshot yea? ;D
8. Don't camp in "secure" places (i.e. Vents, corners, etc). Once you're trapped, you don't have a place to run. Sure if you're in the open you can possibly get ambushed more but its easier to evade them all when you have space.
9. [Snipers] Don't camp in that upper vent near spawn at the BMI map >> It gets you nowhere and then refer to #8.... No scoping at a rushing ghost can actually save you half the time... or just pistol kill them?

NycxMeC
July 6th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Very good. I had learned about breathing and I'm not throwing out of necessity, I prefer hear.
Bad when his companions are inexperienced and are shooting all the time unnecessarily.
Thank you for this very useful complement.

Maysky
July 7th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Yea I'm trying to tell them all to WALK and not SPRAY too :/ Mute the unhelpful players if you have to, too.

Maelius
July 7th, 2011, 05:56 PM
But I like camping in upper vent! Its so warm and comfortable.

SoTunes
July 20th, 2011, 03:40 AM
trollolol im unmarked tollolol i beat the guy who posted this

Zeratehiel
August 3rd, 2011, 05:45 PM
hi there.. nyc

well.. my skills depends on my mood :COOL: when in human side, as you said the eyes gets tired so its kinda hard to see them, BTW my advice on human side is, always pretend that you cant see them, that makes them feel safe and here leads to my rule#1: if someone plants n you kill the guy that installed the bomb automatically your team wins if you have c4kit, why? because "teams" never communicates where the bomb is installed, so there's your chance to defuse, when the team realize that the bomb was installed will be late, another tip could be try to look down when camping ][the necessary till you have a better perspective of the map, you can see almost the entire map, play in window mode if your screen is 25" or something like that.. i knew a guy that used to play in 1920px resolution n just didn't worked for him.

now for ghost side the only advice that i have.. always run, never stop...only to heal n always try to predict their moves

n the last advice... never complain about other skills or lack of skills, if they spray n they kill you.. they are not the "noobs" who died... sprayers are easy targets because when they spray they cant hear, about sprayers if you got some of them on your team.. use them as a human barrier n trust your eyes

NycxMeC
September 25th, 2011, 12:27 AM
trollolol im unmarked tollolol i beat the guy who posted this
What I posted was just a suggestion of how to combat the ghost.
I did not say that would be invincible or unbeatable.
But I also have killed you a few times. LOL

Abdoshanan
September 29th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Wow. Nice Post. Thx Brow.

SandroZz
September 30th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Nice Post! Thx.

XikinMeC
October 3rd, 2011, 12:48 PM
Lol...Very interesting!

XikinMeC
October 3rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
I make Spam...sry. plz GM delete this post.

Babiebr
October 6th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Wow...very good.

Weaselgutz
October 9th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Yea I'm trying to tell them all to WALK and not SPRAY too :/ Mute the unhelpful players if you have to, too.

lol i could swear that ur actually quoting me here XD

ShiShuNKi
December 18th, 2011, 11:05 AM
hola minasan .. SinToLove nyob nos :P

Another helpful tip:
ESC,SETTING,SOUND-> Change INTERFACE MUSIC & BACKGROUND to 0 or uncheck it to avoid unnecessary music sound.
Change DOLBY SOUND to around 25 (more or less) or uncheck it .. i have mines set at 25. -- minimizes talkative
players
Change GAME SOUND to MAX .. mines is maxed out to 100 .. to hear ghosts/humans movement better
Note:have headsets and computer volume high enough to hear .

AsianBlast
February 9th, 2012, 06:07 PM
rule#1: if someone plants n you kill the guy that installed the bomb automatically your team wins if you have c4kit, why? because "teams" never communicates where the bomb is installed, so there's your chance to defuse, when the team realize that the bomb was installed will be late

That is hardly true my friend, o.o I will always communicate, and I never plant until one person is in the point with me. Also people whom use SWAT usually always protect bomber or as a back-up :]

SrFluffy
March 15th, 2012, 11:21 AM
now for ghost side the only advice that i have.. always run, never stop...only to heal n always try to predict their moves

You NEVER always run, that's the biggest mistake in the world, crouch walk or just plain walk and make sure you hold your breath. Oh, and the only time you run, is if someones shooting you (obviously). If you have gold and you want to heal in more non-secluded area, buy subtle dance. It makes your dance invisible so youre not so obvious.

ToFFyiCE
March 17th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Personal instinct can be used also as human in ghost mode,
if you're an experienced player, you can guess where the ghost could run.
i tend to guess almost every spot in Black mountain map, so i can track ghost easily unless the ghost pro as well.

SoTunes
May 5th, 2012, 06:02 PM
coming from an old ghost player (Unmarked) aka (anegro) best way is have mp5 or ak47 in ghost for weapon choice and myself i never played with my settings much all you need is to learn how to pinpoint objects with your headphones.It is really quite simple.

ShiShuNKi
May 25th, 2012, 12:34 PM
SinToLive ~ SinToLove ~ aDoLeScENce ~ my reply is the 5th one up /004 if you have these settings you won't need to be calling me a hacker over and over again.

NOTE: aDoLeScENce is my current name /017, /014 learn to walk and crouch all over the place, i hear you running across the map

ShiShuNKi
October 20th, 2012, 06:58 AM
hola minasan .. SinToLove nyob nos :P

Another helpful tip:
ESC,SETTING,SOUND-> Change INTERFACE MUSIC & BACKGROUND to 0 or uncheck it to avoid unnecessary music sound.
Change DOLBY SOUND to around 25 (more or less) or uncheck it .. i have mines set at 25. -- minimizes talkative
players
Change GAME SOUND to MAX .. mines is maxed out to 100 .. to hear ghosts/humans movement better
Note:have headsets and computer volume high enough to hear .

/022 I'm gonna have to bring this back up, /018 I just rely on M.A.T.'s configured SOUND in-game and /017 my reaction speed ~

ToFFyiCE
October 20th, 2012, 09:06 AM
hope this could help, but it kinda break the sound. Anyway it still make the ghost breath sounds louder.
go to sound system equalizer, change them to "mountain" like settings. i mean 32-500 it goes up, but 1k-16k it goes down.