PDA

View Full Version : Lag check?

EchoSaviour
November 10th, 2009, 06:32 PM
After today's service wide maintenance, do you still get lag or not? If you do just mention where you are located?

Trollpoke
November 10th, 2009, 06:35 PM
jo like fixed meng. :awsum:

gnosis22
November 10th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I didn't really notice the lagzors.

IamRapt0r
November 10th, 2009, 06:55 PM
I havnt actually been ingame but dayum! Two positive responses! YAY! Even it its improved a bit, its gonna be worth it...oh-so-worth it.

Nuclei
November 10th, 2009, 07:04 PM
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE I can't log into my I-Gear.

Retarded "Cannot connect to field server" error.

Radlnferno
November 10th, 2009, 07:23 PM
on a normal basis,not as much lag. during an sp in a swarm of gears...there's heavy heavy heavy heavy and did i mention? heavy lag. :3

BullsI
November 10th, 2009, 07:41 PM
That coulda been your comp struggling to render that many gears on your screen. I haven't had any server lag sense changes, even at 5:25 and what not.

Ce11
November 10th, 2009, 07:56 PM
It's better for sure but, we still need to wait for the next MS/Basewar to see what happends then. The intermittent lag seems to be gone.

Radlnferno
November 10th, 2009, 08:11 PM
That coulda been your comp struggling to render that many gears on your screen. I haven't had any server lag sense changes, even at 5:25 and what not.

maybe...but lets say portsmouth sp today in art, when i face my gear to the dome, even when i'm in the most remote corner of the map, i start lagging. same with the gate. i don't think the comp is trying to render gears that are 7km+ away from me :3 that being said though...my comp is acting retarded lately...gotta reformat soon. then again, it HAS been almost a year since i last reformatted XD

Fr1skyDingo
November 10th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Still gettin a little delay between slamming #3 and gbm coming on. Then more delay between the click and the bawoos droppin. No one around but me an the dude I'm sharegrindin.

Trollpoke
November 10th, 2009, 08:36 PM
on a normal basis,not as much lag. during an sp in a swarm of gears...there's heavy heavy heavy heavy and did i mention? heavy lag. :3

solution: http://www.s1digital.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/intel_core_i7_logo.jpg

Fr1skyDingo
November 10th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Went ahead and decided to up the NVIDIA settings to quality since I'm lagging anyway and guess what? :XD::XD: The lag got less. :XD::XD:

Trollpoke
November 10th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Went ahead and decided to up the NVIDIA settings to quality since I'm lagging anyway and guess what? :XD::XD: The lag got less. :XD::XD:

nvidia is crap now. even xfx realized that and starting makeing ati cards

http://xfxforce.com/ecms.ashx/5b35faa5-9281-4105-bb46-8b61e6f7c698/RelatedGraphicCardSeries_RelatedGraphicCardModels1/HD5850Mock3354x312.jpg

Pinoyisthenewblack
November 10th, 2009, 08:54 PM

can you specify those seeitngs? it might be usefull for me

On topic: I have no lag since the maintenance (but I wasn't on during the SP)

ale4671
November 10th, 2009, 09:47 PM
the lag is gone :evil:

seanwamm0
November 10th, 2009, 10:11 PM
I recieved most lag in den A, den B, bark, Chaos, and sometimes any map just here and there.

IIYuriII
November 10th, 2009, 11:00 PM
I like to play in window mode and it lag really bad. in full screen mode i don't lag at all. so can you make window mode less lagging please :awsum:

FenderJazz
November 10th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Logged into my newb, top-secret Artemis gear and got no lag. Logged into my main on Prelude and it seemed to be more or less the same old thing.

So, today's maintenance seems to have only done a tiny bit but whatever you did to Artemis seems to have worked. When are those parts coming in for Prelude?

Fr1skyDingo
November 11th, 2009, 02:04 AM
can you specify those seeitngs? it might be usefull for me

On topic: I have no lag since the maintenance (but I wasn't on during the SP)

right click the desktop

select nvidia settings or w/e

then select the dot that says something like "always opt for quality" done :D

Rapid Flames look ~Ballin~ with high quailty

Ce11
November 11th, 2009, 03:32 AM
solution: http://www.s1digital.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/intel_core_i7_logo.jpg

One of these should work well too

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/3415/phenomiix4955.jpg

Either way....

im_not_poly
November 11th, 2009, 04:37 AM
i still get some random lag spikes, but overall its better. still slight lag, but not as bad as before

IGI
November 11th, 2009, 04:48 AM
The lag is completely fixed for me \0/. All I get is lag spikes sometimes that usualy gets me killed :'( but thats due to my ****ty laptop.

stumpy
November 11th, 2009, 08:29 AM
have trouble with third wh. it lags and dc's some. but lag is alittle better.

EchoSaviour
November 11th, 2009, 11:16 AM
It does help to post where you're connecting from...

ArtoriusDivinus
November 11th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Or what server your on, remember people, Prelude doesn't have new hardware yet.

FenderJazz
November 11th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Logged into my newb, top-secret Artemis gear and got no lag. Logged into my main on Prelude and it seemed to be more or less the same old thing.

So, today's maintenance seems to have only done a tiny bit but whatever you did to Artemis seems to have worked. When are those parts coming in for Prelude?

Ok, connecting from Pennsylvania.

Gonna reiterate that Artemis = no lag, Prelude = lag. Much less lag at least.

Trollpoke
November 11th, 2009, 01:52 PM
i've had a few problems with the wh acually. its sometimes stuck at the reciveing information screen for ~20 second

connecting from toronto.

bacchen
November 11th, 2009, 02:06 PM
No problem as of yet here in Texas.

godofatality
November 12th, 2009, 09:29 AM
sweet!

i already wondered why i didnt notice that much lag :D
well, i did at my father's, but he has vista, and i always have problems there, but other than that, i dont see anything...

but it also could be the fact that there are alot less ppl on at the times that i play...
coincidence?

edit: connecting from den haag(more known as the hague) (netherlands) mostly, father lives in gouda...

UnderFoot
November 12th, 2009, 12:50 PM
from Calif. and prelude, and lots and lots of lag today.
kicked from the server 2 times, and killed in game because of lag must have been 15 times, and gave up:mad:

EchoSaviour
November 12th, 2009, 12:54 PM
We'll probably install the new hardware on Prelude shortly now that the Artemis situation seems to be resolved in comparison. Saturday will be the true test for sure.

BookiRetro
November 12th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah bring on the MS. That'll test her metal.:cool:

Connecting from Australia.

No lag.

XLoKiToX
November 13th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Welp this problem is not my a hardware one cause first i used to war nicely, avrerage wars with like 30 or 40 gears, now i cant do that, then i cant even grind in maps that have water and today i started lo laaaag a lot on arena...
This is gettin worse for me
Might say GB to this game... (as if anyone cared)

Fr1skyDingo
November 13th, 2009, 01:30 AM
OH NOES the water isn't fixed. I enchanted my Rapid for undersea adventures. Why I no go underwater?

Srz note: RNB and a few other water havin maps, you crash near the edge and go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down... I haven't died in RN in a long time but I know it happens :awsum:

EchoSaviour
November 13th, 2009, 09:48 AM
That is more of a developer bug issue lol.

I'll see if I can remind them about it. It is bound to have been brought up to them before...well, i hope it was by someone before we came up since thats such an old bug.

EchoSaviour
November 13th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Ok, after this maintenance, both servers are running on upgraded hardware. The network setup is also upgraded so now I need to know if people are experiencing lag or not.

Please make sure you post where you're connecting from and what server.

Pinoyisthenewblack
November 13th, 2009, 06:32 PM
EchoSaviour;38917']Ok, after this maintenance, both servers are running on upgraded hardware. The network setup is also upgraded so now I need to know if people are experiencing lag or not.

Please make sure you post where you're connecting from and what server.

Lag is gone :awsum:

so now, we can focus on some balance issues? :awsum:

plz? :awsum:

you know you want to :awsum:

FenderJazz
November 13th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I noticed a bit of lag during an SP war, but I think that was 99% my crappy computer since it was entirely framerate.

reroll
November 13th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Connecting from philadelphia PA
Prelude server

not really seeing much lag now, with the exception of random wars, sp, and other players warping into the map, even a single player warping causes this now as to where I never noticed it before.

The rest of the game play seems fine now, skills are working, arrows are firing mobs and players are not warping.

I still get bogged down in the load screen, usually after having recieved
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/7324/ctd1.th.png (http://img694.imageshack.us/i/ctd1.png/)
^this

XLoKiToX
November 15th, 2009, 11:45 PM
I have a 1m connection from Mexico City
I lag like hall...with the new hardware update. Before it i didnt lagged that much, only on big wars

I checked everything, firewalls, runnin on xp mode, disablin everythin, playing on lowest resolution, window, full screen mode...

BUT NOOOOO GOOD

i cant even play on arena ..... :(

Im getting dissapointed

QQ
QQ
QQ:'(

Arturia Pendragon
November 16th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Welp. I think this might be the first time since sco I have p much non-existant lag (btw I upgraded to a new pc/connection 1 month before it closed...aint that a b*tch). So yeah, its playable again (OMG I CAN DUST OFF TEH BG NAO).

Connecting from Teh evergreen state, both pre/art servers.