PDA

View Full Version : Properly improving system performance and FPS!.

Burgarna
August 10th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Ok so ive seen a few topics with people discussing how to improve FPS in M.A.T I will offer up a few tips to anyone who wants it.

1.Clean out unused programs out of your pc and startup lists, every icon that starts up by the side of your system clock uses memory.

2.Adjust your windows for best performance settings, simply go to start menu right click computer icon, go to properties, advanced tab, then click radial button that says "adjust for best performance, then click apply button. This will remove most of the fancy crap that comes with windows that you most likely will never notice and is just there to use up memory and slow stuff down like games.

3.Use modded video card drivers I like to use mod drivers from for my video card as I find they give a great performance boost over official drivers, persons who have released these driver sets have fine tuned these drives to get optimal performance for your hardware, to find mod drivers for your video card its as simple as going to google type in the model number of your video card tweaked or modded drivers for your your windows version ie xp, windows vista, or 7.

4.Adjust your video card settings to best performance settings, this can be done by right clicking on desktop and opening control panel for your video card for Nvidia cards its the Nvidia control panel for ATI cards it will be the Catalyst control center, both of which have additional settings for your video card to adjust performance vs how good every thing will look.

If anyone else would like to add some of there tweaking tips to this topic please do so, because there is a proper and improper way to tweak and use of programs like Game booster and Game fire is not the way to go about it most of those types of programs are absolute garbage and most times do more harm then good.

Enjoy tweaking!
Burg.

FruitTart
August 10th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Very informative, nice post Burg

Burgarna
August 10th, 2011, 03:07 PM
So I will post a few sites where you can obtain tweaked or modded drivers for most models of video cards,

1.download from Guru3D.com (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=24) This site offers a range of drivers from various video card drivers modders it also offers a range of tools for benchmarking and self tuning of video cards hardware overclocking tools use at your own discretion.

2.TWeaKFoRCe.CoM your source for the latest Video Drivers (http://www.tweakforce.com/) another site that offers excellent sets of drivers for both ati and nvidia users alike I do recommend trying these first over the other drivers.

3.Omega Drivers (http://www.omegadrivers.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=53) This site is for anyone who still uses older video card hardware and has been modding drivers for sometime now.

With downloading these drivers proper benchmarking should be done after installing drivers to test your Frames per second, as you may have to pick and choose which driver version will work best with your video hardware some driver versions will work better then others.

Clean your old drivers First! so firstly,

1.Go to google, type in search box "Download Driver Cleaner Pro v1.5 (freeware)" select download link and download and install.

2.Once installed open DC driver cleaner pro icon from desktop, select your current video card hardware driver from drop down list either nvidia or ATI drivers. then click start you can also click the show details button to see what it is cleaning out.

3.When done reboot system and proceed to install new drivers.

Properly cleaning out old drivers before installing new ones! this is very important to clean old drivers before installing new ones otherwise you could run into some problems testing and installing of new drivers will require a bit of work yes work! but the performance gain in your system and video games will be worth the the time it takes to do this.

Tweak well!
Burg!

Burgarna
August 13th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Please offer up your tweaking tips to this post things that have worked for you to improve system performance.

m2405406
August 13th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Download GameBooster 2, active it and you gain like 80%+ in gaming performance.

Game Booster 2 Download - free download, key and walkthrough (http://www.g-forums.net/general-discussion/1077-game-booster-2-download.html)

Voila, dont need all those ****ty drivers.

Burgarna
August 13th, 2011, 07:34 PM
I get high fps without game booster max graphics.

Thanks anyways.

Burgarna
August 27th, 2011, 08:11 AM
*Take note these drivers are not officially supported by Nvida or ATI , by downloading installing drivers you are agreeing to there terms set forth in there license agreements before usage please use at your own risk and discretion*

So I will post a few sites where you can obtain tweaked or modded drivers for most models of video cards,

1.download from Guru3D.com (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=24) This site offers a range of drivers from various video card drivers modders it also offers a range of tools for benchmarking and self tuning of video cards hardware overclocking tools use at your own discretion.

2.TWeaKFoRCe.CoM your source for the latest Video Drivers (http://www.tweakforce.com/) another site that offers excellent sets of drivers for both ati and nvidia users alike I do recommend trying these first over the other drivers.

3.Omega Drivers (http://www.omegadrivers.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=53) This site is for anyone who still uses older video card hardware and has been modding drivers for sometime now.

With downloading these drivers proper benchmarking should be done after installing drivers to test your Frames per second, as you may have to pick and choose which driver version will work best with your video hardware some driver versions will work better then others.

Clean your old drivers First! so firstly,

1.Go to google, type in search box "Download Driver Cleaner Pro v1.5 (freeware)" select download link and download and install.

2.Once installed open DC driver cleaner pro icon from desktop, select your current video card hardware driver from drop down list either nvidia or ATI drivers. then click start you can also click the show details button to see what it is cleaning out.

3.When done reboot system and proceed to install new drivers.

Properly cleaning out old drivers before installing new ones! this is very important to clean old drivers before installing new ones otherwise you could run into some problems testing and installing of new drivers will require a bit of work yes work! but the performance gain in your system and video games will be worth the the time it takes to do this.

Tweak well!
Burg!

*Take note these drivers are not officially supported by Nvida or ATI , by downloading installing drivers you are agreeing to there terms set forth in there license agreements before usage use at your own risk and discretion*