PDA

View Full Version : Archer Builds

Eudoxia
September 11th, 2009, 11:01 AM
^^ well i thought we might as well get some archer skill recommendations up here since the old guides got wiped! remember these are just suggestions and to chose what works best for you!

Scout Hawk - i wouldn't put any points into here. 1st, there's a typo in the skill description. it raises attack rate, not attack power! 2nd, it's bugged. a few archers have tested it and found that there isn't any difference in how fast you kill with this skill. also it doesnt last as long as it's supposed to last. ^^ but some pvp archers swear by it! just avoid it unless you wanna experiment yourself at later levels

Shooting Master - KACHING!! level this to 10 before you level anything else! ^.^ it's an important skill cause it permanently raises your attack power.

Wind Arrow - if you chose this skill as your main 1v1 attack skill, don't go above level 7! after level 7, there's a skill delay and you can't spam it. WA is good because you can move around while using it and it fires at 12 speed at level 7. but it can also miss just like a regular arrow, so the damage doesn't always register. it also consumes a fair amount of mana at level 7 so it's not the best for spamming, but still good!

Perfect Aim - kinda worthless skill compared to other 1v1 ones, but good against demons. ^^ keep it at level 1.

Dion's Eye - only level this skill once you're over level 90 and have nothing else you wanna level. =o at level 10, it only adds 100% of your BOW attack rating! so that's about 100~140 extra atk rtg. ... not worth the 10 skill points! you'd be better off not touching this skill. when you have 1800 atk rgt, 100 more isn't that much!

Falcon - helpful in lower levels, crappy in higher levels. XD if you want, level this up before 4x, then we you do your 4x quest, restat when the Skill Master asks you! but in higher levels, you won't notice the damage unless you do 10 Falcon, 10 Golden Falcon, and 10 FoN.

Arrows of Rage - nice for lower levels, crappy at higher levels. keep it level 1

Avalanche - one of our strongest 1v1 skills. be careful though, cause once you use the skill, you can't move until it's over! lvls 1-3 have 3 shots in a row, 4-6 have 4 shots, 7-9 have 5 shots, and lvl 10 has 6 shots. but at level 10, it fires at 12 speed so it goes quickly! this is a powerful skill and low mana cost. =D i like it, but many archers find they die from it... so be careful! only raise it to 10 when you get used to the 3 shots, 4 shots, then 5 shots. choose either WA, or Ava. Ava is more dangerous but great on mana and a nice spamming skill when you have a solid tank. ^.^

Elemental Shot - zzzz. keep at level 1.

Golden Falcon - great for hp regen! at level 10, has 3.4 hp regen. many archers say this isn't worth it cause you can just repot, but it can save your life when you're being hit by a powerful monster! ^^ the damage is crappy though at higher levels. like said with Falcon, level this if you choose FoN and expect to get it to 10, then level Falcon cause its damage is taken from the Falcon's damage.

Bomb Shot - the best thing about this skill is the ingame typo. it says 'bum shot.' xD other than that... keep it at level 1 and never look back.

Perforation - WOOPEEEEE!!! best archer skill in the universe. get this to level 10 eventually! it consumes a helluva lot of mana, but kills mass mobs very quickly. aim for it to be 10 by the time you hit 86, you'll need it to power level to 90. but keep it lower at lower levels so you aren't buying lots of mana. ^^ mana drops more in s2 and i2 to keep you going.

Recall Wolverine - a fun archer skill. =D the higher you level it, the bigger it gets. really, a wolf at level 3 will tank anything you need it too. but from ice 2 onwards you'll need to summon 2-4 of them before you kill the monster it's tanking. level it up if you're big on the 1v1! wolfy comes in handy lots, but having it level 10 is pointless, only fun because it's HUGE LIKE A DINOSAUR. so feel free to choose! but you really don't have to level it up very high for it to be useful, only level it if that's your preference. ^^ leveling it up high will still help you though, so you don't lose anything!

Evasion Mastery - hmm... now this is a good skill if you do SoD a lot. it's also good if you're hardcore leveling in huge mobs with Perfo. but! it's not good for hunting and not good for casual leveling. so level this if it's your playing style! ^^ once you stop leveling and start hunting, you'll want to reskill in order to bring this back to level 1. archers shouldn't get hit very often, so they won't really have much purpose for this skill. you need to get hit a lot to make it worth it!

Phoenix Shot - whooooosh~ now this skill is powerful. xD it's the best PvP skill out there, and very strong 1v1 on monsters and even as an area of effect skill. (But Perfo is better than PS for killing mobs) level this to 10 if you chose to level it. but be careful cause it consumes CRAZY amounts of mana and stm. you may only be able to fire 3-4 shots before you have to use a mana pot. so it's very expensive! but you'll kill super fast with it. ^_^ with this skill, go either level 10 or level 1. just expect to spend lots of time farming mana or paying millions of gold for a pot run. if you don't like the mana cost, go either Avalanche or WA. not really much sense to have more than one 1v1 skill!

Force of Nature - a nice skill for added damage! a great 1v1 skill for hunting or casual leveling. please note it doesn't work with Perfo though, so if you only Perfo level, it's not very worth it. but it's wonderful for 1v1! consider it like an extra force. =D

that sums up our archer skills ^^

Chislev
September 11th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Nice descriptions there :)

Please allow me to add few personal thoughts.

One thing about Phoenix Shot, not written anywhere but proven more than enough: it does ignore target defenses, meaning it cannot miss, no matter if against a monster or a player in pvp. Plus it can be spammed faster than anyother skill (it is not auto spammable, so have to click like crazy, it's fun lol) A real skill for a serial killer.

Avalanche i'm one of those who will never level it. But i guess it is a matter of taste and playing style.

Elemental Shot, i do like this skill, it can be a really fast and cheap killer. Every cast shots twice and the speed is raised too, add the extra elemental damage and it becomes a nice ally. In some areas certain monsters seems to be specially weak against this skill, found several "victims" at ice2, loc, lt and et for it :D

Wolf, oh yeah baby, size DOES matter :D:D the bigger the better, this is one of the main reasons because i like to play archers.

I have found Evasion Mastery very helpful when maxed out, boith at PVE and PVP. But the real effects of this skill are more noticieable when playing a fully armored archer who stands in a place and tank than when playing a non armored archer.

SunnyZ
September 11th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Just what I was looking for, recently started making an archer.

Thanks for this!

mushkil
September 11th, 2009, 02:37 PM
this thread is well written,

but i have to admit,isnt this basically a name change clone of my thread?or does eudoxia really enjoy getting more attention by manually attempting to rip off other people`s posts,this thread needs to be closed for basically being a copy of mine

i dont remember if cloning other people`s threads is against the rules or not

Eudoxia
September 11th, 2009, 03:40 PM
thanks Ragemdq, good points! very true. ^^ and ty Sunny, gl with your super happy fun archer!

and Mush, how is this copying anything you wrote? maybe we used the same word 'archer.' =o on your thread, you were asking questions about stat points. i'm outlining skills for new archers so that they know what to use. on our old forum, we had tons of these threads full of tips for archers, but now they're all gone so i wanna restore some of it

Mira
September 11th, 2009, 06:08 PM
this thread is well written,

but i have to admit,isnt this basically a name change clone of my thread?or does eudoxia really enjoy getting more attention by manually attempting to rip off other people`s posts,this thread needs to be closed for basically being a copy of mine

i dont remember if cloning other people`s threads is against the rules or not

i dont think it is the only guide this reminds me of was erbse's

Chislev
September 12th, 2009, 01:23 AM
My pleasure, Eudoxia, i'm glad to see my comments are accepted in good will :)

mushkil, i don't see how this post can be a copy of yours :eek: They are actually completely different things. I am among the first to jump at the neck when i see a cloned post, would tell you to check the old forums but they are gone... but in this case i don't see any cloning nor copying going on.

This is a thread describing skills and different aspects of them, not talking about stats. If it was about stats you can be sure i wouldn't have posted a single word :p

XEfX
September 22nd, 2009, 09:42 PM
shall we open our archer basket again or not.. cuz i might just sell my armor and boots which i post on markept place...
if yes i'll cancel the trade

wheelssss
September 24th, 2009, 09:04 AM
thnx for the skill guide, im making an archer. Could you guys provide me with a stat build guide to?:)

wheelssss
September 24th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Never mind, forgot to look elsewhere^^

Mushimu
September 30th, 2009, 06:07 AM
EUDO!! long time no speak ^^ thanks for the build =] and I support your signature question :D I was also thinking about this a very long time and still it's very unclear about it :rolleyes:

minkwarrior
October 3rd, 2009, 09:42 AM
I like Archer. My char's an Archer so I like Archer. I post in Archer cuz I like Archer. My build is Archer but I wear Armor for Archer but she's still an Archer so I like Archer.:)

Poopendorf
October 14th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Thx Eudoxia, nice skills descriptions.
Thx for the addition Chislev, it helps too.

@Mushkil: plz read the topic more precisely before posting nonsense.

There are 2 guides for Archer so far: Eudo's and Erbse's.

Your topic was asking for ppl to post their builds and talking about your own.
These two topics will also help others who need pointers as they are properly/clearly labeled and it will be easy to have the informations as they are in the 1st posts.

It's better to be appreciative of others' initiatives and the help they provide to the community.

Peace

ElSuperLobo
October 14th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Just what I was looking for, recently started making an archer.

Thanks for this!

o.O me 2 jeje

MikkelSkare
October 14th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Hi guys,

I,ve been wondering about a decent str build lately. I know theres alot of different combos so i thought I'd hear everyones opinions.

When you go str build should you get spirit or not? Should you get a skill like WA for lvling or should you only lvl SM, falcons and FON?

All constructive input appreciated :)

/Akidu

Eudoxia
October 14th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Hi guys,

I,ve been wondering about a decent str build lately. I know theres alot of different combos so i thought I'd hear everyones opinions.

When you go str build should you get spirit or not? Should you get a skill like WA for lvling or should you only lvl SM, falcons and FON?

All constructive input appreciated :)

/Akidu

ty for feedback everyone ^^

and hihi Mikkel. first, if you chose Str build, it usually means you want more survivability at the cost of damage. =o buuuut... for best survivability, go low str, high hp. (hp is better for archers than abs from armor) if you want the high level armor looks, then by all means choose high str ^.^ it's important to like the look of your armor! cause god knows u stare at it all day -.- lol

so a good build for high str would be
str: 144-150 (low str Wyv armor)
spi: 64 (min spirit Murky)
tal: 80
Agi: xxx
hp: 23

for high str, you definitely want either WA or Ava =) i'd go with Ava since you'll have lower spirit but better abs! Ava is better for low spi but it can kill you more easy... except if you have more abs, you won't die so quickly =D and of course get SM to 10 asap!

don't use Falcon x_x Falcon is mostly for HP regen at higher levels, but you wont really need it with high armor.

and go with FON 10, or PS 10 if you are rich and can buy lots of mana. ^^
after getting one of those to max, then think of either the other one, or Wolf. evasion won't be as necessary if you have high abs!

oh... and you can go higher spirit if you want! usually its nice to just hammer away at agility, but if you have high spirit you can spam more skills ^^' and that means more damage! (or just carry enough mana everywhere XD... then u dont have to waste stat points)

anyone else have build ideas for high str? 0.0 *devoted low str archer here*

LEONIDAS256
October 15th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Thanks a lot everybody for the information!!!

Baaly
October 15th, 2009, 02:17 PM
im a str 90 FMA user +40hp with base health.

should i put some more stats on health?

CopperSoulfate
October 16th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Sorry to be a bit off topic here but what is the first armor to get rid of the green 'sleeves' look? Supreme? Spiked? I've got 90 Strength for FMA (no FMA yet though) but may add more to clean up my arms, lol.

Eudoxia
October 16th, 2009, 11:59 PM
im a str 90 FMA user +40hp with base health.

should i put some more stats on health?

hi Baal!! well, that's my build =o 90 str, 23 hp, +40 on armor. it's hard... but you get used to it! i'd suggest adding some health if you really plan on leveling. ^^ maybe take it to 40? whatever you're comfortable with!

Sorry to be a bit off topic here but what is the first armor to get rid of the green 'sleeves' look? Supreme? Spiked? I've got 90 Strength for FMA (no FMA yet though) but may add more to clean up my arms, lol.

.___. you don't like the FMA look? it's the best in the entire game!

Supreme armor adds redish coloured arm sleeves... *still astounded you don't like FMA* o.0

Mushimu
October 17th, 2009, 03:09 AM
@couillegaughe; just saying hello that's all :cool:

@Eudo: these years Ive been playing I notice the health of archers drowning, Iv been thinking how much can put in health, but I don't think it will help much cuz every stats gives only 2 hp extra. I think spirit will do well, but I don't have that much spirit yet. *still looking for a good murky* I think WA is better than AVA because of the damage boots and mana cost

Baaly
October 17th, 2009, 05:21 AM
it's hard... but you get used to it!

well... so far there has been no login yet without any deaths hahaha

so yes, i alrdy got kind of used to it lolZ

Mira
October 17th, 2009, 09:24 AM
@couillegaughe; just saying hello that's all :cool:

@Eudo: these years Ive been playing I notice the health of archers drowning, Iv been thinking how much can put in health, but I don't think it will help much cuz every stats gives only 2 hp extra. I think spirit will do well, but I don't have that much spirit yet. *still looking for a good murky* I think WA is better than AVA because of the damage boots and mana cost

ava much better than wa

minkwarrior
October 18th, 2009, 10:10 AM
ava much better than wa

Saves a lot of mana as well. Use it wisely though.:)

CopperSoulfate
October 21st, 2009, 07:36 PM
.___. you don't like the FMA look? it's the best in the entire game!

Supreme armor adds redish coloured arm sleeves... *still astounded you don't like FMA* o.0

Just personal preference, I suppose. But heck, maybe if somebody on Awell finds a really swell AS Supreme, they'll have someone to sell it to. ;)

Eudoxia
October 21st, 2009, 11:09 PM
Just personal preference, I suppose. But heck, maybe if somebody on Awell finds a really swell AS Supreme, they'll have someone to sell it to. ;)

or try Synthetic armor. O_O but personally Syn armor is one of the ugliest in the game ahhhhhh!

Mushimu
October 22nd, 2009, 04:32 PM
I found this Murky today, what u guys think? I think its tooo much spirit o.O ...

http://i34.tinypic.com/2dul8gg.png

Eudoxia
October 26th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I found this Murky today, what u guys think? I think its tooo much spirit o.O ...

http://i34.tinypic.com/2dul8gg.png

.___. that's the same spirit req as my AS Devine. and that Mumu isn't perfect MP regen either. don't bother with it! keep an eye out in shops for a nicer Murky. ^^ they appear more often than you'd think! i can keep an eye out too

Force4
October 27th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Selling this AS murky in town:
+0.3
+0.9
SPI 64

which is - if i'm not mistaken - min spi and -0.1 hp.

Edit: on Valento -_-

Eudoxia
October 27th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Selling this AS murky in town:
+0.3
+0.9
SPI 64

which is - if i'm not mistaken - min spi and -0.1 hp.

Edit: on Valento -_-

PRETTY. funny, that's the exact same stats of my old murky, before i got my devine. ^^ i don't need it but i want it. =O how much?

Force4
October 27th, 2009, 09:57 PM
xD what about letting someone who needs it have it, like Mushimu? xD

jt kidding, any buyer will do..
I bought my same MS murky for a jera ^^ what do ya think?

Btw, selling also, this AS one:
+0.3
+0.9
SPI 64

hf

Eudoxia
October 27th, 2009, 10:11 PM

+0.3
+0.9
SPI 64

hf

no, i run an archer sharing basket, so i collect archer items and then give them for free for archers who need it. =o so i'd be buying it, but i'd be giving it away to a needy archer. (tho they can bid if they want!) i just like to see nice items given to worthy archers

._. i'm not sure about bidding a jera though. maybe try putting it on the market forum and i'll see

Force4
October 27th, 2009, 10:30 PM
I was just kidding sweety, you don't need to explain. Buying for others is very generous of you though. I 'll try to do the same when I quit being a 80C noob xD.

I aint very used to the forum market stuff btw. It might go by itself in game instead.

Mushimu
October 29th, 2009, 07:04 PM

+0.3
+0.9
SPI 64

hf

:D thanks, but 2 days ago I found a better Murky ^^ I also looking in shops for good sheltoms for better and more mp cuz its still to low >.<

Force4
October 31st, 2009, 07:47 AM
The other one is still for sell. 0.8 0.9 0.3 0.9 (64 spi)

Bump: nvm, sold for a cele

Mushimu
December 2nd, 2009, 07:18 AM
Im still not sure where I want to put my elite skill point :XD: I still have all my elite skill points, I can't decide between evasion mastery or force of nature, I like both of them, but I also want to train perforation to lvl 10, someone any advise in this? :confused:

Shinrikyo
December 2nd, 2009, 12:18 PM
Im still not sure where I want to put my elite skill point :XD: I still have all my elite skill points, I can't decide between evasion mastery or force of nature, I like both of them, but I also want to train perforation to lvl 10, someone any advise in this? :confused:

FoN doesn't stack with Perforation, so if you want to go Perfo10 (which i'd recommend), i'd go with evasion mastery.

Mushimu
December 3rd, 2009, 07:26 AM
FoN doesn't stack with Perforation, so if you want to go Perfo10 (which i'd recommend), i'd go with evasion mastery.

Thanks for your advise :)

Fedes
February 15th, 2010, 10:48 PM
someone can post our skills list?..
i do not understand at all the "opinions"
based on falcon..over all.

reall thx.

disfatboyddr
February 18th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I found this guide very useful, And i'm planning to get my wolf to lvl 10 cus its huge and big ;D

OHxYabuki
May 12th, 2011, 09:19 AM
*Ahem*

I seem to have lost my number Eudoxia, can I have yours?

ErhabY4LifE
January 25th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Very nice explanation ... as usual xD

August 19th, 2012, 09:22 PM
hehehe... doggie powa!!!!

August 19th, 2012, 09:23 PM
I found this guide very useful, And i'm planning to get my wolf to lvl 10 cus its huge and big ;D

doggie powa!!!!