PDA

View Full Version : Would Triple Impact Be Viable if...

Ruufio
December 15th, 2011, 10:59 AM
You were higher level. At lower levels you cannot sacrifice Concentration/Swiftaxe as buffs for this skill no matter how much I want to, but at higher levels you can easily Sacrifice leveling Roar. That skill is mostly useless everywhere anyway.

What I'm getting at, is that because it's 3 hits and 135% DMG Boost (I think) it might be good in PVP. Destroyer is 3 hits, and it also doesn't add attack rating, yet it still hits. Triple Impact is only different in that it will miss/hit all 3 hits if you hit/miss the first time. So really, it's more realiable like that.

3 Hits are a lot harder to defend against because you take damage 3 different times and you can't pot as quick as 3 attacks hit you. (See Chain Lancer) So if you combined level 10 Triple Impact with level 10 Destroyer, you could get 6 attacks in a very small amount of time which should make for a better chance of a KO?

AC can hit or miss it's attacks but Triple Impact will hit all or miss all. Getting only 1 hit off of AC is only 95% damage boost and a good opponent will pot to heal against that, so Triple Impact should actually do more if it hit because they will have lowered health from the 3rd hit leaving them open to be killed by Destroyer... in theory.

Anyway, like to here your thoughts. Keep in mind that at higher levels you'd also have 10 Concentration instead of Swift Axe. Try to think about fighting someone near your level/caliber with high leveled gears/defenses. None of this even matters against lower levels.

EDIT: It's occurred to me that you'd have to be extremely high leveled for this... so you could simply keep Brutal Swing lower (around 5) to maintain some extra critical for AC. You wouldn't be using AC for the KO anyway - it would just be to keep a constant flow of damage until you go for the KO.

Ruufio
December 15th, 2011, 11:15 AM
PS. Triple Impact might also be able to flinch the opponent. Something that Avenging Crash doesn't do.

Hieto
December 15th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Is it really 3 hits? What I knew is that it is bugged and its only 2 hits.

Nicoamil
December 15th, 2011, 04:30 PM
should be 3 hits from lvl 6 and on. then u have the delay issue, i have no idea if this one delays and from which lvl.

anyway, shouldnt this be calculated like:

triple impact lvl 10. three hits, 45% dmg boost. that is 145, 145, 145. 435% total damage if it connects.
avenging crash lvl 10. two hits, 95% dmg boost. that is 195, 195. 390% total damage if it connects, plus the 50% rating, plus the critical.

or am i completely wrong?

AlphaFS
December 15th, 2011, 09:19 PM
50% attack rating only on our weapon i tink .....

correct me if i am wrong plz ><

Skyrus5150
December 16th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Does Triple Impact have delay?
If so then from what level ?

TheRealDeath
December 16th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I've read on bpt forums something about using triple impact for pvp. Don't remember what conclusion they got to, but at least you're not alone with this idea.

EDIT: just went back to the topic, and I think it's at least worth testing, especially because if you connect the first you connect all 3. In theory the damage dfference isn't that big, because the critical is lower. Please test it if you have a chance, and let us know how it went :D

Viseris
December 16th, 2011, 06:41 PM
I personally think Raving would be more effective, as it can hit up to 4 times (the animation may be sluggish though, can't remember). In addition, it doesn't have the hit or miss all property of Triple Impact.

0megaspearBob64
December 17th, 2011, 09:08 AM
delay is about the same as destroyer.

Ruufio
December 21st, 2011, 12:08 AM
Ok I couldn't find anything about it so I tested it myself. I now have 10 Triple Impact and 3 Brutal Swing (5% crit VS 15% crit at 10) and I will be staying with this build, because all of the stuff I thought about this skill is true.

It's the same speed as Avenging Crash, it does roughly the same damage (tested it myself in PVP) and it either hits or misses all 3 hits (great for Destroyer Combos). I actually really love this build and can't see myself changing it unless some magical tier 5 comes out and is really gamechanging. Seriously, having all hits either hit or miss is so much better to KO than using Avenging Crash which can either hit or miss 1 or both attacks.

Basically, anyone who tells you that Triple Impact sucks, probably sucks themselves. :p It's kinda funny too because of how old this skill is that it's like discovering some massive new secret lol. It's just a nice way to make for a better KO. 3 hits > 2 hits any day. :) Only thing with the build is your roar will be level 1. That skill is only useful to roar pikes who freeze you though anyway. Roar 1 should suffice enough for that... especially since it's delay at level 1 is low enough to almost spam it like some pikes spam freeze.

To switch or not to switch? It's up to you guys.

PS. If you are still unsure about it, I can upload a video at some point with actual PVP footage using it.

Ruufio
December 21st, 2011, 12:42 AM
By the way... if all 3 hits on Triple Impact get critical, it does more damage than Avenging Crash if it had both hits critical. ;)

Nicoamil
December 21st, 2011, 07:24 AM
do video, grasshopper. i guess you wont have any video of your old build to fully compare, tho, right?

Ruufio
December 21st, 2011, 08:03 AM
It's the same really. Just 3 Brutal Swing instead of 10

TheRealDeath
December 21st, 2011, 09:31 AM
Awesome to hear it works well, I find the idea of taking 3 hits really frightening. How much damage does one hit do btw? I mean, can you KO someone with a single TI or is it more of a finishing move?

Ruufio
December 21st, 2011, 12:19 PM
Well, I can almost KO a level 9x fighter with it lol. But no it's more of a finishing move. :p

This skill would actually be 2x better at 105 since they get 9 speed swords, concentration and high critical. I havn't got to test yet with a quest axe but I'm pretty sure with a 9 speed sword you can get your 6 hits in (Triple/Dest) faster than a pikes Shadow Mastery or a knights Divine Piercing. Only by like a second by it's still worth noting.

Ruufio
December 21st, 2011, 12:41 PM
Here's an example of Divine Piercings speed VS Triple Impact & Destroyer speed. Us both being 8 speed total for this. Cool coincidence we did it at perfect times. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBGOMk6ndQA&feature=youtu.be

Keep in mind though that this isn't how the combo is meant to be used lol.:X It's not a good idea to go head-to-head with Divine Piercing like that cause you'll most likely die.:X

The idea of Triple Impact is that your opponent will have potted, but the 3rd hit gets a delayed hit in. Kinda like Chain Lance. So rather than your opponent being at, say, 1000HP, they might be at 850HP instead therefore making Destroyer KO easier.

Just a cool speed test video hehe.:)

Ruufio
December 21st, 2011, 03:10 PM
More good news. I finally got it to 100% and you can use Triple Impact 2 times before Destroyer recharges, and by the 3rd time Triple Impact recharges, it'll still even be recharged about 2 seconds faster than Destroyer will. So you can use it 2 times mid-destroyer. ;)

StreetRat1
December 21st, 2011, 08:15 PM
what lvl is your triple impact. it was kind of slow for me.

Ruufio
December 21st, 2011, 09:08 PM
It's 10

Ruufio
December 23rd, 2011, 07:56 PM
Can't really see a difference with 9 speed axe. (Double sided war Axe FS and Swift Axe 10)

brendan
December 24th, 2011, 12:22 AM
there is no such thing is speed 9 axe. There is a crazy delay at lvl 10. i have tried. The delay time is the same as destroyer.

Ruufio
December 24th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Well I have 10 and 100% charged and it's delay is 3x faster than Destroyer.

Seems true about 9 speed axes not actually existing, hear it from pretty much all of them. Guess a 105 sword fighter needs to test it. :-)

-WARLORD-
December 26th, 2011, 11:46 PM
there is some diff when u using a 105 axe with SA on a des.. juz slightly diff only.. but u need to give up some skill point in order to get triple impact to lvl 10.. either u need to give up roar or bone crash, its up to u guys to decide tho..

Ruufio
December 27th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Ya my brutal swing is 4 at level 102. Still get 6% bonus for avenging crash with that.

-WARLORD-
December 27th, 2011, 02:25 AM
ya.. currently i am 112 and my bonecrash is at lvl9.. u all need to be at least 114 and to give up bonecrash to get triple impact to lvl 10.. i still dun know how the dmg like.. but i do remember that last time when i use it and it miss alot on monster.. but that was like 9 to 10 years ago.. and those time was like noob.. haha..

Nicoamil
December 27th, 2011, 08:47 AM
any of u guys tried raving lvl 10 recently? wonder if there is a delay or it can be spammed nowadays.

Ruufio
December 27th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I never bothered with raving for anything. It seems crap lol. Normal speed hits with just added dmg boost meh. Never know though...

Nicoamil
December 28th, 2011, 08:37 AM
it flinches every single hit, thats the good thing about it. i remember using it back when best we had was a jagged axe. and i remember using it back when best i could find was a mechaxe. flinch was great, for a one handed setup, you could go practically unspoiled through the full hp bar in a mob. kinda tempting with the new one handed axe out there and the super hig damage the mobs in et3 and im deliver...