PDA

View Full Version : Help an Awell dude make his first archer

saborugu
September 12th, 2009, 10:40 AM
So for the time Awell is down i made an archer :)
I dont have any idea what am i doing i got the skill build form the other posts but what about the stats atm i am adding none so any help will be appreciated

Dimitar (Awell) :(
now Anieze (Valento)

Chislev
September 12th, 2009, 11:50 AM
There are several option, but heres the rough idea:

Up to level 47, just fill in the equipment requirements. After level 47 comes the big choice:

Agi build -> synthetic armor: minimum possible strenght to wear synthetic armor. The rest of stats goes: Talent to fill in bows requirement. Spirit up to devine. Health, up to you, usually base. All the rest goes to agi.

Agi build -> full metal armor: this is the most used build for agi archers in PT (and i mean 10x +). just the same as the synthetic armor buiold but get strenght to 90 to use a full metal armor. A bit less noobish looking.

Fully armored build: This is harder to acomplish. Keep strenght requirement to fulfill armor's all the time, up to frenzy armor at level 102. Since you need to invest a lot on strenght all the rest becomes harder, you will have a certain delay on the sheltom you can use because will need points for strenght before having spare ones to throw in spirit.

A word of advice for Talent: The max talent required by the class (unless you want to use some high level javelins as a secondary weapon) is 84. If you don't want to raise it past 80, you can just skip the wave bow (not a loss at all, that bow sucks all the way) and keep it 80.

Basically, thats all, as i said, it is a rough view of the main archer builds and none is described in full detail.

Which one to do is up to you. I have played all of them and now i am making a fully armored one, but it is just a matter of personal taste.

saborugu
September 12th, 2009, 12:58 PM
tnx :)
I have just one question
Is the 43 lv armor safe i mean if i go to D3 and a king hoppy att me will i stand a chance of running ?

Spirit
September 12th, 2009, 05:34 PM
No matter which of the agi builds you pick, you are not supposed to tank. If you wanna tank more than 1 hit, you need higher str builds. But keep in mind the higher str you pick, the less damage you will end up dealing. Agi build archers are 100% hit and run.

Chislev
September 12th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Indeed, just as Spirit said. Agi build means deal high damage but your defense does not exist. Well, you have defense, and very nice one due to the agi bonus, what does not exist is absorb, so you when you get hit you get basically full damage, quite painful.

I never used the lv43 armor build, but i do play a fma build archer, she can get 1 hit almost everywhere and still survive to tell the story, but i say almost because a gorgon can 1 hit basically all non armored archers (and some armored too lol), and there are a lot more monsters with the same nasty habit in almost every area after ironmaps, but basically you don't have to worry about them until you are past 9x.

saborugu
September 13th, 2009, 05:28 AM
ok tnx you two but is it possible to get a party in valento on 4x 5x 6x ?
coz i cant tank so some one has to coz solo hit and run will be like i kill one mob every 30 sec and if there is some one it will be 10 sec per mob :confused:

Chislev
September 13th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Uhm, i don't know, i don't play in that server.

But at 5x, even with the level 43 armor you can do pretty much good. Up to level 50 just train in d2 (forgotten land) from 50 to 55 focus on oasis, maybe some dungeon2 after 53. Once you get level 55, i see no better place for archer than the mushroom cave, no ranged mobs there to put any danger, or you can do d3 (battlefield of the ancients). I wouldn't recomend d4 because figons will have their breakfast on a low armor archer. At 6x you can train there though, figons wont hurt you that much now.

Actually the ranged mobs are your only concern, all the rest are easily avoided/dodged with an archer. just shot 3 arrows and move two steps away (two steps, no need to move any further)

Besides that, archers are (in my opinion) the second best solo class in the game, atalantas being the first ones of course. You don't need a party, just need to get the feeling on playing an archer and you will soon start enjoying her more than you ever thought about :D

Spirit
September 13th, 2009, 12:15 PM
ok tnx you two but is it possible to get a party in valento on 4x 5x 6x ?
coz i cant tank so some one has to coz solo hit and run will be like i kill one mob every 30 sec and if there is some one it will be 10 sec per mob :confused:

I've seen some parties around Valento when I pass by, not so many though, but it is possible to get a party now and then. I guess it get easier if you make friends among your lvl. Im affraid its been a while since I searched for parties in that level area....

In any rate, once you hit 60 it get easier since you get the wolf to tank for you ;) Look at the bright side. As archer you get your pet at lvl 60, while mechs have to wait another 10 levels.

SunnyZ
September 13th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Tonns of parties mate, check out Navisko, forgotten land and oasis for groups, theres been alot latley, including me and my 5x archer.

saborugu
September 13th, 2009, 05:11 PM
tnx every one :)
see you in game
For the friends i dont know i have never chated withs any one
but soon that will change :rolleyes:

lazrath
September 22nd, 2009, 09:00 AM
I wouldn't recomend d4 because figons will have their breakfast on a low armor archer. At 6x you can train there though, figons wont hurt you that much now.

not correct

armor is not the determining factor of an archers survival, health is

if you have decent health at 55 figons are no problem as long as you don't run into a group of 3 or more

you can easily avalanche figons at 55, like wise you can easily avalanche shadows at 70 with a good amount of health

health is your hit buffer, and it is more efficient than abs, especially when you are only getting hit by 1 or 2 monsters at a time

abs is useless for archers, you will never get enough to make that much of a difference

and if you do get enough of abs, well you are screwed as an archer

you only need a moderate amount of abs, like ring or scale armors from 5x to 8x

getting a good amount of hp is the best way to go, because it is easier to get and you don't lose out by adding unecessary strength

don't even go 1 more str over what your bow, or what your boots\gaunts require

the only reason not to train in d4 at 55 is because it takes longer to kill the monsters there, generally you want to fight in a map where you can kill fairly quickly

although if you do raise the skill avalanche to max it, i would recommend going to d4 right when you get 55 to practice killing figons with it, so you can get your timing down for potting(you might die, but since you are at the beginning of a level you don't really lose exp)

decent health for 5x would probably be 40-50

lazrath
September 22nd, 2009, 09:15 AM
and since i am down talking abs

you should know, that abs works out like this

1 abs = -1 off the full attack damage you would have received

so if an attack would have taken 100hp, and you have 25 abs, you will still drop 75 hp

this can't be repeated enough, especially for archers

abs only shines when you are tanking a good group of monsters where its effect is multiplied, and you are saving your self from losing literally thousands of hp over time

archers generally only get hit by 1 monster at a time and for a very short period of time