PDA

View Full Version : Help: Archer Skills and Stats for Hunting

Hollow33
February 15th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Hi,

I need your opinion on what skills should I get and where should I put my stats in order to effectively hunt in et3 and IM. Lets say that my level is 110. Again, I only wanna use my AS for hunt and not for SOD/PVP.

Thank you.

Mintfreshness
February 18th, 2012, 08:43 AM
thats a very complicated question :XD: i'll do my best to answer this.. and survive

SKILLS:

i think that; if you're only going to only hunt with your archer and by effectiveness we speak of having the best possible set of skills for 1 on 1 purposes...

option 1, wa build T1-T3 (sorted by priority)

lvl 10 shooting mastery (must, regardless of the build)
lvl 7 wind arrow and/or lvl 7 perfect aim (not 10 because it gets a huge delay and becomes useless), if you have to make a choice go wind arrow (never misses and its quite powerful)
lvl 10 falcon
lvl 10 golden falcon
rest skill points - dion's eye

option 2. ava build T1-T3 (sorted by priority)

lvl 10 shooting mastery
lvl 10 dions eye - increasing AR = missing less hits casting avalanche
lvl 10 avalanche
lvl 10 falcon & golden falcon

T-4

lvl 10 wolverine
and try to max out force of nature - boosts up your AR, your attack power, and the falcons power

why not evation mastery ? i have heard some people saying its totally bugged (meaning you dont get to evade anything, knowing evation works the same as block rating) meaning its a waste of EP's... i would like it if other archers out there gave their opinion on this

if its not really bugged i guess you could get EM instead

STATS:

1. Str

i know for sure low str archers are extremely powerful , id recomend you go low str which would mean enough str for subs/bows, often between 77 and 90 for min str synth/fpa, enough for any Archer Spec blaze or great shield, and max str for 105 sub set according to ept1.net (http://ept1.net/index.html), dont know about 108 ones... you can choose to get santa suit or iris/gaia armor if you're super lucky and get someone to sell you one :XD:

2. Spirit

you can choose to be "normal" and add enough for murky/dev (64-72 min req) or go for more (i know of some archers who raised it over a hundred but thats because they use perfo 10, which you wont so...)

3. Talent

80 is enough according to ept1.net (http://ept1.net/index.html)

4. Agility and health

Agi goes rest of stats, health needs to remain base

------------------------------------------------

that would be it i guess :D

Silvart
February 18th, 2012, 10:59 AM
wow didn't knew you were an expert high level archer's player...

Dion's Eye only affect the weapon AR, not the overal character AR, so increasing it is a waste of SP, leave it on 1

What an archer will need in those maps is health above all, base health = q hit death in those maps!

now, if the OP has a 11x archer then already knows the basic skill set, mastery, etc. Armor or agi build is a personal choice (i'de never go with agi build myself, been there, done that and it is great of you have a party, you can focus on damaging and let other tank, but if you go solo it is much more intelligent to have as much absorbtion as possible)

In my opinion, after being there hunting on both builds, armor build is much better, with agi build a little distraction gets you killed, on armored you kill slower, granted, but you die slower too, and what matters above all is not lose the hard earned EXPm unless you are willing to spend a crapload of money into ressurection scrolls, in that case do whatever you want and happy money spending.

A note on damaging skills, phoenix 10 is a must for every archer, being et3/im hunter or not. Ava 10 is good only if you have a good tank, but as high level archer you already know the risks of lv10 ava. Perfo is always good to lure monsters, i didn't found any other use for it on thise maps. I'd rather use low level windarrow as normal attack, speed 9/10 is always better then speed 8/9 and if you have your ka+vr and minimum a good devine as sheltom you regen mana fast enough to spam WA all day and no needing mana potion (but being a high level archer you probably knew this already too)

Halo0o0
February 18th, 2012, 11:56 AM
i think Dion's Eye is not quite bad if you have spare SP as you dont need perfor for hunt and falcon is total useless

about avasion, i dont know whether it is bugged or not, havnt heard anything about that but i experienced easier to tank with evade 10 than 1

i think ava 7 is good for hunt as its spamable and wa cant get through the wall. i also agree PS 10 is a must

Silvart
February 18th, 2012, 12:18 PM
thanks for the heads up! I completely forgot about evasion in my post!! I use ot at level 10 and i find it working perfectly fine, as HjE... pointed out, it improves tanking. One i don't even care having level one is FON, i found this skill to be pretty much useless unless you use birds (which i don't)

Hollow33
February 23rd, 2012, 08:38 AM
Thank you for all of your inputs guys. Just for clarity, stats wise maybe its better for an armor build archer to tank rather than agi build which I am now. And skills wise, 10 Shooting Mastery, 7 Wind arrow, PS 10 and Evasion 10. How about falcon and golden falcon? DO i need to max them out? Apart from SM and WA i honestly dont know where to alocate my other SP's for hunting.

PatienceAS
February 23rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
It is possible to have agi build archer with high abs thanks to being able to age subs now. Just something to consider. You don't even have to age too high to do it.

Hunting is mainly 1v1(Boss/et/IM)

FoN lvl 10
PS lvl 10
Rest evasion or wolf depending on your playstyle(wolf does not really live too long vs boss and ET/IM btw...)

SM 10

GF 10(mainly for 3.7 hp regen...it will help in between when you take damage)

Perfo 10(is still needed for when they run like Xetan loves to do/when they get stuck in in wall and tons of mobs are in the way/it let's you hit them so and not lose hp as well as do decent damage when it is needed)

WA 7 (Ava tactics will get you killed in most cases in ET3/IM...ET3 it is possible to use in "certain" locations, but still not worth the effort..PS is your friend ^^)

Dions Eye (higher lvl mobs...WA won't always hit even with FoN...you will need it and definitely have the points to spare at the lvl you speak of. Put remainder of the points there(should be lvl 10 if you are lvl 110) then rest in falcon.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That skill set can work for sod/bc/and hunting btw....bc/sod/hunt overall is how you do your stats for archer...You also need a set amount of abs/hp depending on if you hunt/bc/or sod. (I overall use base hp for all though...as far as that stat goes.)

Hollow33
February 23rd, 2012, 11:49 AM
It's getting clearer now. Thank you!

Btw, you have mentioned that you have kept your hp base. Isnt it gonna be hard against xetan, IM mobs 1on1? Do we wear santa suit or 102/105 armor and subs?

Ripples
February 23rd, 2012, 11:56 AM
It is possible to have agi build archer with high abs thanks to being able to age subs now. Just something to consider. You don't even have to age too high to do it.

Hunting is mainly 1v1(Boss/et/IM)

FoN lvl 10
PS lvl 10
Rest evasion or wolf depending on your playstyle(wolf does not really live too long vs boss and ET/IM btw...)

SM 10

GF 10(mainly for 3.7 hp regen...it will help in between when you take damage)

Perfo 10(is still needed for when they run like Xetan loves to do/when they get stuck in in wall and tons of mobs are in the way/it let's you hit them so and not lose hp as well as do decent damage when it is needed)

WA 7 (Ava tactics will get you killed in most cases in ET3/IM...ET3 it is possible to use in "certain" locations, but still not worth the effort..PS is your friend ^^)

Dions Eye (higher lvl mobs...WA won't always hit even with FoN...you will need it and definitely have the points to spare at the lvl you speak of. Put remainder of the points there(should be lvl 10 if you are lvl 110) then rest in falcon.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That skill set can work for sod/bc/and hunting btw....bc/sod/hunt overall is how you do your stats for archer...You also need a set amount of abs/hp depending on if you hunt/bc/or sod. (I overall use base hp for all though...as far as that stat goes.)

AMEN

You can easily use this build for every instance, sod, hunt, exp, and some bosses.
It's all about using the right skill in the right moment, dodge a mob when it's necesary, and stop to spam skills when you think it's safe.
Ava is not the best option to hunt, it's a mana saver: Yes.
WA has similar speed, 30% versus Normal type (includes chars in pvp) and it's not as dangerous as avalanche. i Always use it as a "MP earner". I mean, my main 1on1 skill is PS and because of it high mp req. it sometimes leave my mp bar at 30points, 40points. That's one of the times when i use WA.

In my opinion, supopsing we already have FoN10 and PS10 (which is the best option imo), the last Elite points should go to the wolverine for the only purpose to stuck IM mobs behind ice crystals, npc house, or just to make it tank a mob with 30% hp left in the worst occasion. My Wolverine 4 works perfect with Miners when i have HV, it sometimes live after the mob is dead.
When you learn every mob range, tricks when using AOE, or any other dangerous situation in certain spawns, you won't really need the evasion points. Of course they save your butt as GF does many times with hp regen but, when you know how to stuck with a wolverine you can even stop wasting money on crystals. It's just about practice.

As for the armor thing, you can always have spare suits to use in different situations.
For example, i use a MP suit for those parties in et2 when you don't get touched my mobs, let the tankers die :evil:
Aged suit for Sod, solo Xp like Loc, Et2, even Et3.
HP Suit for bosses hunt like Kelvezu.
That's what i use as i'm base health.

Always love to share archer experiences but I might get caught at work... >_> Will be continued... =P

PatienceAS
February 23rd, 2012, 12:01 PM

Btw, you have mentioned that you have kept your hp base. Isnt it gonna be hard against xetan, IM mobs 1on1? Do we wear santa suit or 102/105 armor and subs?

I wear green santa +14(sometimes I switch to my hp/abs gemmed green santa) and 102 subs currently. Brace is +5, Boots +13, gaunts +12. Archers usually don't try to get hit, but as long as you can take one hit and live you should be fine since we don't tank. I have over 100abs with my current gear/build so I can manage, but archers don't kill that fast if you have to pot while trying to kill so use wolf and tactics mainly. 1v1 is the fastest way to kill the ET3/IM mobs as archer. Use Enigma force/Fon/Big head for more power.

Base hp is usually enough at 10/11x, especially due to santa's/gaia/and Q-bow...(vr's+/ka+).

Ripples
February 23rd, 2012, 12:06 PM

In my experience, when i had around 490 Hp, 8x abs and 14xx defense, i could stand 1 hit of Xetans, and i can still stand 1 hit of any mob in IM. 2 vrings were encesary for that. Always base health.
I can't say if a low str archer w/o vrings can do it. i really never had the chance to proove myself in et3 without 2 vrings.
I used to wear santa suit, 100subs.

I also do well with my speed boots, lowering my abs to 75.
If an archer can stand 1 Hit, then she can own the world ;)

PatienceAS
February 23rd, 2012, 12:06 PM
AMEN

You can easily use this build for every instance, sod, hunt, exp, and some bosses.
It's all about using the right skill in the right moment, dodge a mob when it's necesary, and stop to spam skills when you think it's safe.
Ava is not the best option to hunt, it's a mana saver: Yes.
WA has similar speed, 30% versus Normal type (includes chars in pvp) and it's not as dangerous as avalanche. i Always use it as a "MP earner". I mean, my main 1on1 skill is PS and because of it high mp req. it sometimes leave my mp bar at 30points, 40points. That's one of the times when i use WA.

In my opinion, supopsing we already have FoN10 and PS10 (which is the best option imo), the last Elite points should go to the wolverine for the only purpose to stuck IM mobs behind ice crystals, npc house, or just to make it tank a mob with 30% hp left in the worst occasion. My Wolverine 4 works perfect with Miners when i have HV, it sometimes live after the mob is dead.
When you learn every mob range, tricks when using AOE, or any other dangerous situation in certain spawns, you won't really need the evasion points. Of course they save your butt as GF does many times with hp regen but, when you know how to stuck with a wolverine you can even stop wasting money on crystals. It's just about practice.

As for the armor thing, you can always have spare suits to use in different situations.
For example, i use a MP suit for those parties in et2 when you don't get touched my mobs, let the tankers die :evil:
Aged suit for Sod, solo Xp like Loc, Et2, even Et3.
HP Suit for bosses hunt like Kelvezu.
That's what i use as i'm base health.

Always love to share archer experiences but I might get caught at work... >_> Will be continued... =P

Well said :D! We still need to do another kelv hunt together! I loved my mp suit, but thanks to the mana down I got from scratch card and mana recharge(1 day) even with PS I can farm mana xD.

Evasion skill has mainly helped me in bc...putting rest of points in wolf after as Ripples does may help you far better.

Ripples
August 12th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Well said :D! We still need to do another kelv hunt together! I loved my mp suit, but thanks to the mana down I got from scratch card and mana recharge(1 day) even with PS I can farm mana xD.

Evasion skill has mainly helped me in bc...putting rest of points in wolf after as Ripples does may help you far better.

Screw the points for wolfies, IM is fulled of tricky crystals and Evasion has been fixed in BC :evil: