PDA

View Full Version : Low or high str?

Plurf
December 6th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Well, I've seen this matter discussed in the other threads, but what I have NOT seen is any real answer to my concern; survival.

I currently play a lvl 84 high str archer, mainly because I care a lot about aesthetics and like the look of my heavily armored archer.
However, I am considering restating to at least try out how it is to play a low-str archer, but there are two things I want to know beforehand:

a) What stats? Okay, I saw two guides on the low-str archer stats, but none of them put ANYTHING in Health, yet everyone keeps proclaiming that "health is the key!". It gets me confused, could anyone please clarify?

b) Is it for me? I admit that I'm probably one of the crappiest archers out there. I get hit, and I get hit a LOT. I don't really see how I could improve my playing there, since I often get hit due to either latency, or because I flinch from damage taken from a ranged foe. So I'm in doubt whether I could really survive as a low str archer.

Thanks in advance!

NickV D=
December 6th, 2009, 11:49 PM
uhm... i dunno too much about archers D= .. but yeah they go base health but what they do is dgem their armor (fma) =o .. the point of low stre archers is to go for the highest agi possible.. wich means u add enough stre for fma and spirit generally enough for devine...
about dying.. i guess low stre archers die alot D=.. thats part of the build lol but i would recomend u to change build when ur 9x (the extra hp from quest will help ya alot ^_^ ) plus in 9x maps u hunt and only kill 1 mob at the time so ur doggy takes all the pain D;

but if u like ur high stre build its ok too =o.. use the build u feel confortable with especially if ur concern is dying too much.. but remember low stre archers can be massive destruction weapons OO... it just take some skill to move around the lures and quick potting but after that youll be ok and maybe pwn.. like tina D=

Soldam
December 7th, 2009, 12:12 AM
basically, if you find yourself in near death situations a lot, then you need to add hp. this happens more commonly in traning maps where one tends to get surrounded by multiple enemies.

however, once u get to hunting maps and fight monsters 1 by 1, you shouldnt need to put any points into health (except to prevent getting 1 hitted) because you should always be running to avoid them attacking you.

Plurf
December 7th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Wouldn't that mean having to restat everytime you switch focus from hunting to lvling? >_<

NickV D=
December 7th, 2009, 03:09 AM
no.... just get used to the low stre build.. i mean the running around the lure, quick potting, constantly move around, not getting in the middle of the lures lol and not doing anything stupid... just do that and chill.. u will kill really fast.. if its still too hard then dont solo till u feel safe.. (people love archers in parties) or make a pike lol (jking <_< )..

christabel
December 7th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Well, I've seen this matter discussed in the other threads, but what I have NOT seen is any real answer to my concern; survival.

I currently play a lvl 84 high str archer, mainly because I care a lot about aesthetics and like the look of my heavily armored archer.
However, I am considering restating to at least try out how it is to play a low-str archer, but there are two things I want to know beforehand:

a) What stats? Okay, I saw two guides on the low-str archer stats, but none of them put ANYTHING in Health, yet everyone keeps proclaiming that "health is the key!". It gets me confused, could anyone please clarify?

b) Is it for me? I admit that I'm probably one of the crappiest archers out there. I get hit, and I get hit a LOT. I don't really see how I could improve my playing there, since I often get hit due to either latency, or because I flinch from damage taken from a ranged foe. So I'm in doubt whether I could really survive as a low str archer.

Thanks in advance!

Reason why you add health, is for survival + weight. Base health in hunting is good of course, since you don't need to tank and your level 1 puppy can tank it for you. But sometimes it gets so retarded and just lure mobs to you instead.

I've been playing wyvern armor archer (150+ str)/fma archer (90 str)/synthetic archer (77 str). Wyvern armor doesn't really help me tank better, I guess I'm pretty too used to my low str able to survive yet do so much more damage. If you are really afraid to die, just get a cash shop armor (Thales Armor). If you can't afford one, Find a 77 str syn and 40 hp mix, works well too.

And you need like 72 spr for devine, whatever talent for whatever bow you are wearing, and 70 health. That's minimal needed. I rather add points into health than putting them on str just to wear a better armor. Mobs at higher level maps (ice, loc, et, lt, w/e) has piercing attacks (That's what I heard), so their attacks would definately hit you (especially when archers' bows don't have block. Thus you gotta rely on evasion mastery, FoN is good, but, what's the point of having that 30 damage at level 10 fon if you're just gonna die).

Never do a str archer imo, unless you got full 102 gear. 1 hand get a wand, blaze shield 18% base block, and then dev mix them 20 and 40 hp respectively (20 hp on the wand, 40 hp on the shield). Wand is light, it's good to use it, only 3 weight. Don't use a MHXB. Too heavy and doesn't help. Always be on your shield unless you are attacking. So when something hits you, it gets blocked. 18%+3% may seem little but it does help, especially with that additional 60 hp. I do flinch on mine but it doesn't flinch that much when I'm on my shield.

And, playing archer needs to be skillful too. If you suck at playing, I think even a wyvern armored archer can die easily. :P Never pot only at low health. Cause a damage is registered once the monster attacks you, but it'd be a little while longer than you will see your character actually receiving the damage.

Everything I contributed is like told to me from many people that are playing archers. So it's really useful information cause they really have high level syn archers that are like level 92 and above. ;)

Rare case: Caschi, I've not know any other str archer who plays as well as how Caschi controls her archer. She's level 95 I believe. She simply brought forward her 102 build to 9x. She can tank, and still kill. And pvp too. But v.s XiaoPamy, I still believe Pamy's going to win. Not to mention Pamy does hell load of damage ;)

Hope that answers your questions/doubts. Have fun ^^

Best Regards,
Christabel

ExiledAngel33
December 7th, 2009, 12:08 PM
So a higher agility archer is better than a high strength archer? I think this is what I understand from everyone's posts. Is there anyone who can just say yes, such and such a build is better? Hehe It would be much easier that way :D

christabel
December 7th, 2009, 12:29 PM
So a higher agility archer is better than a high strength archer? I think this is what I understand from everyone's posts. Is there anyone who can just say yes, such and such a build is better? Hehe It would be much easier that way :D

It's your own preference I think. Personally for me and some of my friends we like the 77 str build. Have enough health to survive and still able to do crapload of damage. I know some crappy archer that does str build but still suck in surviving. But there are also successful builds for example Caschi.

If you're ever interested in the low str build, try this;
77 str
72 spr
Enough tal for bow
Remaining points into agility
70 health (Try to get 50 health by level 65, then 70 health by 75)

Skills wise (non-pvp)
Shooting Mastery 10
Perforation 10
Wind Arrow 7
Avalanche 10
Phoenix Shot 10
Evasion Mastery Rest
0 points in FoN

If you want to do a pvp build, just remove wind arrow and put into scout hawk.

Perforation would be your leveling skill. Max it right after you max SM. Only bring WA to level 7 and not higher due to delay. I added avalanche lastly cause this skill is deadly to archer, like you can't pot unless you finish unleashing all your shots. Thus I hardly use it. But it's a must have if you're hunting in ice. Saves loads of mana and loads of damage. PShot 10 is your highest damage skill, can be spammed to clear off annoying mobs (Like Chaos Cara). Evasion Mastery is for survival since we don't have block.

Chislev
December 7th, 2009, 03:07 PM
You should see AzurePhoenix fighting with her full level 102 set, after that you will never want an agi archer again. Just ask the agi archers how do they handle the ranged mobs in LoC, LT and ET... It is possible, yes, but waste too much attack time on running away and using pots, plus will never have a good inventory capacity to last long hunting runs.

Agi builds always been the most popular ones (never fully understood why....) but i just can't stand the low level look on a high level archer. I've read you like the aestethics, well, go for them and do not stop until you have your archers prodly equiped with a frenzy armor :D

EDIT: Oh and do not forget your level 10 wolverine!!!!

NickV D=
December 7th, 2009, 03:55 PM
well in the other hand u have tina.. u only need to sod once with him and see how crazy he is... he makes mobs dissapear in a couple of seconds.. u just sit there and watch him do his thing... there is no way high stre archers r better than low stre archers.. either at sod or at bc... as for tanking just play safe and be wise.. and trust in your doggy D=>

minkwarrior
December 7th, 2009, 09:07 PM
You should see AzurePhoenix fighting with her full level 102 set, after that you will never want an agi archer again. Just ask the agi archers how do they handle the ranged mobs in LoC, LT and ET... It is possible, yes, but waste too much attack time on running away and using pots, plus will never have a good inventory capacity to last long hunting runs.

Agi builds always been the most popular ones (never fully understood why....) but i just can't stand the low level look on a high level archer. I've read you like the aestethics, well, go for them and do not stop until you have your archers prodly equiped with a frenzy armor :D

EDIT: Oh and do not forget your level 10 wolverine!!!!

Gosh you're making me blush Chislev.:p

I own one of the few surviving Archers in Midranda with a complete 102 set and a STR Archer.

Frenzy Armors AS can get as low as 163 str. and I did not allocate health to my stats. I can honestly say that my performance in higher level maps still depends on my distance with the enemy, my tanker, and my Avalanche skill. Though my attack is not as powerful as a pure agility, defense is the best offense when it comes to mobs in other maps. Carry weight is also my concern. AND an Archer in a FA looks real damn good!:D

My Archer can also compete with Tina's SOD scores :D But i'm not challenging Tina. I'm his fan too and I can't wait to chat with him on Valento.

Soldam
December 8th, 2009, 03:01 AM
honestly, archers are not meant to take hits. even in frenzy armor, that prolly allows u to take 1 more hit before you die in a map like LoC. if you have problem surviving, its better to invest points in health.

christabel
December 8th, 2009, 03:38 AM
I never said archers were meant to stay 77 str forever, I said only switch to str archer if you got full 102 gear. Apparently no one seems to understand me.

minkwarrior
December 8th, 2009, 04:17 AM
honestly, archers are not meant to take hits. even in frenzy armor, that prolly allows u to take 1 more hit before you die in a map like LoC. if you have problem surviving, its better to invest points in health.

The field is crawling with enemies. More often you encounter yourself attacking while being attacked by other enemies. This may not apply when you're hunting on your own. Investing in health is already too much to sacrifice. 165str, 72spr, 80tal, max agi, base health. Just depend on your defense and abs. Oh, and don't forget Evasion Mastery.

Originally, I decided to shift to Str Archer is due to the fact that I chat too much:XD: Ever notice an Archer is quiet in the middle of a mobfield?:p Unless they have chatting mastery. :D

Mira
December 8th, 2009, 11:33 AM

No it gives us more time to pot;)

Soldam
December 8th, 2009, 01:10 PM
what i meant was you should probably forego all your points in str and go with a low str armor such as fma and below. all the remaining points could go into hp and agi, isnt that better? u could even put all the points into agi if u can survive with base hp

firstly its easier to find low str fma than low str frenzy armor.

secondly, 1 abs = 1 dmg, i tink at high lvl maps, the advantage of having maybe 30 more abs is negligible when a single mob is capable of dealing 300-400 dmg in a single hit.

hp > abs/def, if u played a melee class, you would know what a life saver virtual life is. besides, using frenzy armor uses more weight so u can carry less, but adding on the hp stat is like giving u a frenzy armor minus the weight + it probably will save ur life more.

if u find urself constantly being mobbed, u prolly shouldnt be playing archer.

Mira
December 8th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I have two archers one high str one low i like them both high str hardly have to move ( Yes im lazy)might kill a little slower but i seldom kiss the floor, low str i have to remember to move so far so good ive not died in many levels
bottom line both are fun to play;)

ireneee
December 8th, 2009, 05:41 PM
well in the other hand u have tina.. u only need to sod once with him and see how crazy he is... he makes mobs dissapear in a couple of seconds.. u just sit there and watch him do his thing... there is no way high stre archers r better than low stre archers.. either at sod or at bc... as for tanking just play safe and be wise.. and trust in your doggy D=>

trusting your doggy = death

at least in my experience... :D

Mira
December 8th, 2009, 05:53 PM
trusting your doggy = death

at least in my experience... :D

doggy dont want to do job?? lure on it;)

Plurf
December 8th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Now I'm curious... since everyone's saying that "omg, agi-archer does so much damage, kills so fast!", I can't get it to add up... The concensus appears to be that you have to add points to health - and now I have calculated how much agility I would end up with using an "agi"-build compared to my current str build...
With 70 on health, as suggested by Christabel, I would end up with only about 10~ more agility than with my str-build - that's not really a major difference, and can hardly make a difference in damage. Even with only 50 on health it'd still just be 30 points, and I can't really see how 30 points more would make that much more damage, at all.

Any agi-proponents are welcome to clear up this if they like, but for me, str-build wins. ^^

ireneee
December 8th, 2009, 06:46 PM
"just" 30 points...30 points is a lot! that can equal approx +12/13 min/max. and take into consideration the dmg boost of skills is based off your atk pow = + more than 12/13 min/max when you skill. also since archers have high atk speed it makes even more of an impact since every hit has more than +12/13 more atk pow...at least that's how i see it.

Chislev
December 8th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Something i have noticed in my own experience is that the STR archer kills like only 10% slower than the AGI archer, thats just because the STR one just shift click on the enemy and do her job, while the other one has to move, recover from endless flinching when any ranged enemies are attacking her.

One fact, before anyone else say it, is that the STR archer will also flinch a lot, that's really annoying, but since they can sit in a place and shoot their ordinance without worrying about dodging enemies is what makes the balance in killing speed.

Maybe the best situation to see them both and compare their effectiveness is when fighting bosses, and there i have seen a huge advantage on the strenght build.

Anyways, this same discussion has been up ever since PT came out, usually the AGI archer is the most popular one, but as i always say, if 10 thousand people jump off the cliff it doen't necessarily mean that you have to do it as well... someone have to live for another day :p

Plurf
December 8th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Something i have noticed in my own experience is that the STR archer kills like only 10% slower than the AGI archer, thats just because the STR one just shift click on the enemy and do her job, while the other one has to move, recover from endless flinching when any ranged enemies are attacking her.

My point precisely. I have, however, in the agi-archers defense, found that it packs quite a bit more of a punch than a str-archer in i1 and upwards... mainly due to the health.

One other thing I don't really understand is why it should always be EITHER...OR. Perhaps I want to stop at, say, Titan armor? Now that I've looked into the matter quite thoroughly, I don't see why not. I'd deal a little bit more damage than a pure str-archer, whilst also being more armored/flinching less than a pure agi-archer.

But still, I just want to ask this to all of you agi-archers out there: how much have you put on health? I'd like to have more opinions on this matter. ^^

minkwarrior
December 8th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Strength Archers are lazy to run around. That's the ugly truth. XD

NickV D=
December 8th, 2009, 09:30 PM
One other thing I don't really understand is why it should always be EITHER...OR. Perhaps I want to stop at, say, Titan armor? Now that I've looked into the matter quite thoroughly, I don't see why not. I'd deal a little bit more damage than a pure str-archer, whilst also being more armored/flinching less than a pure agi-archer.

cause its kinda senseless... its like "hybrid builds" .. for sure its "balanced" but also u aint good at anything s; ... u dont under-perform in all aspects but u also aint the best at any.. in a few words "u aint the worst but u will never be the best".. u either choose one side or the other.. or u can stick to them middle and be the average dude forever D=

Soldam
December 8th, 2009, 10:27 PM
well, once again

hp > abs/def

first of all, you dont have to add a point in health at all if you feel you arent dying. that gives you a huge agi advanatage. however, if you find youself near death constantly, you should add some into health.

if you have ever played a melee class and had virtual life casted on you, you would know what a life saver VL is.

if you play str archer and have base hp, you will probably do well in training maps but will get owned in maps ice and up.

hp will solve this problem for you in both training and hunting maps. and i think thats justified why hp > abs/def :)

Chislev
December 8th, 2009, 10:42 PM
I agree with soldam, no matter if you chose AGI or STR you need to build up health too.

It is very sad to see pitty bosses like babel 1 hitting a 10x archer with base health :XD: I'm not telling you to get over 1k HP, but just can't expect to have much hopes of survival on high level maps if you don't have enough HP to stand 2 hits from the bad guys at least.

You may also think about using valento rings and kelvezu amulets but i understand they are really hard to find, so it's better to plan your character without them.

minkwarrior
December 8th, 2009, 11:34 PM
If you're going for base health you'll need good rings and amulets to compensate for the health stat. Recovery rate is also important.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/minkwarrior/Priston%20Tale/2008-11-1-1-29-8.jpg

Chislev
December 9th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Showing off your smurf archer? :p

TarekQQW
December 9th, 2009, 09:21 AM
stats ; Str : 77 Spirit : 64 Talent : 90 Agility : > all points up up path agility ..health : same.. skills >hunter 100% .. armor ( Syniths with low str max 77 *+ shield( blaze) + bow > dev-geemd :) try that and u will be very happy :)... Btw .. All u need to find Synthins armor lvl 4x or 5x not remember exactly :)..

minkwarrior
December 9th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Showing off your smurf archer? :p

No point bragging if high lvl chars are going extinct.:XD:

TarekQQW
December 9th, 2009, 02:16 PM
no points in str better xD

Chislev
December 9th, 2009, 02:24 PM
No point bragging if high lvl chars are going extinct.:XD:

Why would they go extinct? :eek:

minkwarrior
December 10th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Why would they go extinct? :eek:

We 'high lvl's' are the last of our kind.:XD:

TarekQQW
December 10th, 2009, 11:04 AM
loool xD hehe:p

Chislev
December 10th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Ahh you mean high level STR archers?

Uhm... winter... 12x 13x and more, sureeee only in pirate servers where getting that level is just as hard as it is for us to get 5x hahahaha

Back to topic, saying:

no points in str better xD

without an argument to substain that affirmation wont be of any help to the original poster, and after having played both agi and str archers at high level i can only disagree with the agi builds.

christabel
December 11th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Back to topic, saying:

without an argument to substain that affirmation wont be of any help to the original poster, and after having played both agi and str archers at high level i can only disagree with the agi builds.

I doubt any archer in awell can get to 10x so quickly, so isn't agi build best for leveling? And then switch to frenzy armor after we hit 102. You must understand we live in awell, where there's hardly any exp events. If Awell has regular exp event like how Midranda previously gets, one month of x4? And how Valento is having now, weekly x5? I bet I'd be leveling my archer with agi build and switch to STR build after I hit 102. But I still don't think it's easy getting valento rings/kelz ammy in AWELL, so still, it's impossible to go base health in ET without those. I think Plurf just wants a fast leveling build or something like that, and I still believe doing agi archers below level 102 is the smartest way.

Chislev
December 11th, 2009, 09:26 AM
I doubt any archer in awell can get to 10x so quickly, so isn't agi build best for leveling? And then switch to frenzy armor after we hit 102. You must understand we live in awell, where there's hardly any exp events. If Awell has regular exp event like how Midranda previously gets, one month of x4? And how Valento is having now, weekly x5? I bet I'd be leveling my archer with agi build and switch to STR build after I hit 102. But I still don't think it's easy getting valento rings/kelz ammy in AWELL, so still, it's impossible to go base health in ET without those. I think Plurf just wants a fast leveling build or something like that, and I still believe doing agi archers below level 102 is the smartest way.

Well, just to correct you, we never got the x4 XP month, so all in all Awell even had some EXP events while Mid didn't. No matter the server, the leveling speed depends on how many time the player invest in the game. The question is not how fast will one reach 102+, but that will eventually get there and hopefully without needing to patch the build in the process.

STR build is better in all aspects, no need to run away from onsters all the time means no dead time between shots, hence can EXP faster if you know where.

Going ET in base health, even using both VRs and KA, is a bad idea anyways lol, with base health every monster there can 2 hit kill you and the tough ones will still 1 hit you if they do a critical.

Changing build means spending money in the cash shop, something that not everyone is willng to do, and recalling that this is the international version must remind you that cash shop items are outrangeously expensive in some countries.

Both are options, both are valid ones but they are for really different play styles. But i believe no one of them can be called "smartest" because the opposite would be the "dumbest", excuse me but you can't call someone dumb for playing another perfectly valid build :rolleyes:

christabel
December 11th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Most people won't level an archer beyond 9x anyway, those that does, they use cash shop, so I don't see why they can't do a "leveling" build first, then switch to str build later on in the game. And I can be quite sure about how most high level players in the game are cash shop users too (in awell). At least from what I see in awell, Caschi, Pamy, and some others does use cash shop.

Chislev
December 11th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Think positive, Chris, maybe there is another candidate to follow the hard path of the no-cash shop dependant leveling (just like i do) :awsum:

I think if people don't level their archers beyond 9x is only because they don't really love them :'( Come on guys, our archers need to feel our love :rolleyes:

christabel
December 11th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Think positive, Chris, maybe there is another candidate to follow the hard path of the no-cash shop dependant leveling (just like i do) :awsum:

I think if people don't level their archers beyond 9x is only because they don't really love them :'( Come on guys, our archers need to feel our love :rolleyes:

Not because they don't love them, they don't have the perserverance to level it beyond that. Cause it's tough way. And I think I told you not to call me by that name Rob :P

Mira
December 11th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Not because they don't love them, they don't have the perserverance to level it beyond that. Cause it's tough way. And I think I told you not to call me by that name Rob :P

Some like me dont have the time i used to;)

Chislev
December 11th, 2009, 05:49 PM
I think I told you not to call me by that name Rob :P

Did you? :p:p

Ok, next time will call you....... Bel? :confused:

CurtisC
December 16th, 2009, 10:36 AM
TX, base health, trans spr, 68 str, all agi.

Been archering for 7 years, experimented with 4 restats stones and love this the most.

minkwarrior
December 16th, 2009, 09:05 PM
TX, base health, trans spr, 68 str, all agi.

Been archering for 7 years, experimented with 4 restats stones and love this the most.

What's are the maps that you usually grind when you need to level and hunt?

CurtisC
December 17th, 2009, 12:54 AM
What's are the maps that you usually grind when you need to level and hunt?

Cave, i2. Imma party archer, so i don't want to waste points on any other where else, also because i seldom will play alone >.>

AwellAta
December 17th, 2009, 03:10 AM
90 str, 72 spirit, base hp ,80 talent, rest agi

Thats what i got for stats.........
hope i didnt screw up to bad xDD

Mira
December 17th, 2009, 04:14 AM
I can solo or i can party most times i solo

CurtisC
December 17th, 2009, 08:27 AM
90 str, 72 spirit, base hp ,80 talent, rest agi

Thats what i got for stats.........
hope i didnt screw up to bad xDD

having base hp doesn't quite add up with having 90 str, whats your strategy?

Chislev
December 17th, 2009, 09:05 AM
With base HP good luck in LT and ET, you will need it...

Well, as archer it is even dangerous with more HP if an agi build. Azure, you remember the other day when we were fooling around LT together, the game was just a bit laggy and with 90 health most monsters in there can two hit kill the agi archer (str 90, spi 72, tal 80, agi 392, health 90) without any trouble, at least she isn't easlily one hitted though.

STR + Health is the only way to go for a relaxed gameplay. STR with base HP is not good idea because some mosnters still can 1 hit you (right azure?), health but low armor is equally useless unless you get really high health, in which case i prefer to invest in strenght and not look all my character's life as a little 4x/5x character.

minkwarrior
December 18th, 2009, 12:21 AM
With base HP good luck in LT and ET, you will need it...

Well, as archer it is even dangerous with more HP if an agi build. Azure, you remember the other day when we were fooling around LT together, the game was just a bit laggy and with 90 health most monsters in there can two hit kill the agi archer (str 90, spi 72, tal 80, agi 392, health 90) without any trouble, at least she isn't easlily one hitted though.

STR + Health is the only way to go for a relaxed gameplay. STR with base HP is not good idea because some mosnters still can 1 hit you (right azure?), health but low armor is equally useless unless you get really high health, in which case i prefer to invest in strenght and not look all my character's life as a little 4x/5x character.

Why am I getting involved in this?:XD: I'm just a lazy archer now.:p

Erbse
January 10th, 2010, 12:56 AM
As long as you survive 1 crit hit, or 2 default hits you're golden, talking about the area you're about to hunt in.

mushkil
January 10th, 2010, 02:12 PM
my build for my lvl 74 archer is what i call pure balanced....

minimum str for the highest armor i can set my sites on (which happens to be 155 str as sala armor mixed for absorb)

lvl 10 shoot mastery,lvl 10 perforation,lvl 10 avalanche (i hope to get it to lvl 10 someday,currently lvl 5),and ive been putting all points into wolfy

i use forces everywhere i go yes,but dev forces are quite cheap these days,especially with cash shop force sets

i primarily use wind arrow lvl 1 when i do have mana,merely for its normal mon attack bonus,also because of it`s speed boost,but i also use perfect aim skill for demon mons...

i use perforation for breif bursts of strong artillery fire when i get onwashed by a spawn boom

the wolfy is also a key part of my strategy,which is why with my build he gets first priority of elite points

avalanche,once i get it maxed and fully trained,ill use for hunting big mons like grots in iron1...and ill be trying to take the grots on one by one,or in large areas with lots of room...

then of course,after wolfy is maxed,all the elite points availible will go to pheonix shot...ill use that as much as i can,for hunting the bigger than big mons like hyper bosses,such as babel

of course my build aint for everyone,my build is mainly meant to accomidate the maximum amount of situations,

it doesnt do as much dmg as pure agi,doesnt tank as well as pure tank archers,but it has alot of everything...plus i regulary buy suba points,so i get tings like crystals,mana recharges,xp packs.the works

i got:
156 str (plan for 160 or 165)
51 spirit (plan to raise in a little while)
90 talent (so i can equip most things i need too)
159 agility (swift bow,i plan to raise A.S.A.P. for better bow)
around 30 health(maybe i might raise for hunting in future)

you can see that my agi and str are pretty much even

but in my build in ds,i could survive while id see lvl 65 melees flee,maybe its cause of 2 gigabytes ram,5 mbps connection,or my rapid reaction speed...i dunno...

plus usually when i train,i have the backing of a lvl 93 preist,my sister...so i find my build is alot more appropriate for this kind of assisted lvling i do

but its all about whats suits you,being alone,hit and run,pwning dmg lvl,or a more balanced gameplay type

its not about whats hot and popular,its about whats fulfills and satisfys you,like a journey of self discovery:)

minkwarrior
January 10th, 2010, 10:32 PM
avalanche,once i get it maxed and fully trained,ill use for hunting big mons like grots in iron1...and ill be trying to take the grots on one by one...

Miss hunting grots when I was a 7x...
Always complained that they never dropped anything good. Useless monster! :XD:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/minkwarrior/Priston%20Tale/bd83a23c.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/minkwarrior/Priston%20Tale/grot.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/minkwarrior/Priston%20Tale/Uselessmonster.jpg
163 - 167 str is enough for a Frenzy Armor AS.

Chislev
January 11th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Miss hunting grots when I was a 7x...

Uhm..... can you teach me how to fight a grot at 7x? please please please :XD: you have to be 8x to fight them, but shhhhh i wont tell anybody :p