PDA

View Full Version : Ace Status - 09/14/09

EchoSaviour
September 14th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Just a general update on things.

New patch coming very soon, I know the details of whats in it, but I won't spoil the surprise. Suffice to say we've gotten a few things that we asked for. (And no it's not the paint shop.)

Mech armors are most probably not coming over as it's going to be a Japanese exclusive. So at best, it'll be a GM only thing >:D

Still a lot of work going on to rebuild Suba so everyone is still really busy. Expect a lot of delays in response time for various issues. People are still pulling all-nighters over here.

We're doing a full review of ACE Online and it's potential. We've been updated on how ACE is doing in other versions and I'll just say this. No english version of ACE Online ever had it's potential fully tapped, and that was mostly due to the community being detrimental to the game either directly or indirectly as well as the publisher not handling an MMO Flight Action game as a Flight Action. So that will obviously need some work.

Suba itself has had an overhaul in every aspect so the way the game is going to be run will be somewhat different than before. It's easier to consider this as a re-launch of ACE as that is how things are being handled from all ends.

As things continue, we'll be adding more features to the site that will also work alongside ACE. The site in it's current state is nowhere close to what it will become in the coming months.

Btw, ACE's ESRB Rating is Teen. And no ACE is not going on consoles.

Once things settle down, the real game begins.

Gimpy
September 14th, 2009, 11:54 AM
EchoSaviour;4094']Just a general update on things.

New patch coming very soon, I know the details of whats in it, but I won't spoil the surprise. Suffice to say we've gotten a few things that we asked for. (And no it's not the paint shop.)

Mech armors are most probably not coming over as it's going to be a Japanese exclusive. So at best, it'll be a GM only thing >:D

Still a lot of work going on to rebuild Suba so everyone is still really busy. Expect a lot of delays in response time for various issues. People are still pulling all-nighters over here.

We're doing a full review of ACE Online and it's potential. We've been updated on how ACE is doing in other versions and I'll just say this. No english version of ACE Online ever had it's potential fully tapped, and that was mostly due to the community being detrimental to the game either directly or indirectly as well as the publisher not handling an MMO Flight Action game as a Flight Action. So that will obviously need some work.

Suba itself has had an overhaul in every aspect so the way the game is going to be run will be somewhat different than before. It's easier to consider this as a re-launch of ACE as that is how things are being handled from all ends.

As things continue, we'll be adding more features to the site that will also work alongside ACE. The site in it's current state is nowhere close to what it will become in the coming months.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFF

wat?

Pinoyisthenewblack
September 14th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Oh.. good to know, really, thanks for the report.

This could be nice once a month, eh?

And good news on the mech armors, those crazy japanese guys...

TheBravery
September 14th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I hope this new patch brings back the "skill" aspect of the game rather than equipment

ahh who am i kidding AHAHAHAHA

ArtoriusDivinus
September 14th, 2009, 12:54 PM
But... I wanted black IGur mech armor. D:

Leo_Wavathar
September 14th, 2009, 12:57 PM
EchoSaviour;4094'] It's easier to consider this as a re-launch of ACE as that is how things are being handled from all ends.

Yeah! Server restart! Do it! lol
Jk.

And.. thanks for the report, Echo.

Trollpoke
September 14th, 2009, 12:58 PM
no paint shop. :(

SaykiaUmitaka
September 14th, 2009, 01:46 PM
EchoSaviour;4094']

Does this mean in-game overhaul or just everything that is dealt with outside of the game like the cash shop/forums/mileage/game policies? If you can tell more about this that would be great, but I also understand N.D.A. and surprises so if can't say that's cool too! lol Just very curious on what you mean by "the game is going to be run will be somewhat different than before."

EchoSaviour
September 14th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Does this mean in-game overhaul or just everything that is dealt with outside of the game like the cash shop/forums/mileage/game policies? If you can tell more about this that would be great, but I also understand N.D.A. and surprises so if can't say that's cool too! lol Just very curious on what you mean by "the game is going to be run will be somewhat different than before."

More of the latter than the former.

gnosis22
September 14th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Oh dear god this thread is amazing.

Please tell me this means TV commercials for ACE. Because seriously, its needed (G4tv would put that commercial with the Korean chicks on in a jiffy).

Also the idea of SUBAlite is absolutely genius. Combining free to play flash games (i.e. a site like newgrounds.com) with free-to-play cash shop games (i.e. the main games on the site) is the perfect way to tap into the market of free-to-play gaming.

Also, I agree with the "community being detrimental to the game" part of the OP. But then again, you will have a lot of people resistant to the change that reigning in on that type of behavior will do, but if the game goes "viral" it shouldn't matter much in the long run.

I have a feeling this version is going to get really, really, amazing soon.

IamRapt0r
September 14th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the report Echo.
Also, if there's going to be a Tv Commercial of ACE, the make it something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpQckGh0qLE

Monkeynucleosis
September 14th, 2009, 03:40 PM
EchoSaviour;4094']Just a general update on things.

YESSS!! :D

This is not, AND WILL NEVER BE, A MECH GAME!!
Wacky Japs and Koreans trying to make everything look like Gundam..... >.>

ArtoriusDivinus
September 14th, 2009, 03:48 PM
YESSS!! :D

This is not, AND WILL NEVER BE, A MECH GAME!!
Wacky Japs and Koreans trying to make everything look like Gundam..... >.>

http://mundobesteirol.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/fuuuuuu.jpg

I want my black IG mech.

Gimpy
September 14th, 2009, 03:49 PM
http://mundobesteirol.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/fuuuuuu.jpg

I want my black IG mech.

then gtfo to jap ace fgt

EchoSaviour
September 14th, 2009, 03:51 PM
It's a cash shop item over there.

The conversion to our prices would be something like 34000 SP for the lvl 48.

ArtoriusDivinus
September 14th, 2009, 03:51 PM
then gtfo to jap ace fgt

Give me a detailed step by step guide on how to ****ing get Jap AO to work on my comp and I will, it must be a wall of text Komidol worthy with screenshots. :V:V:V:V:V:V:V

Gimpy
September 14th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Give me a detailed step by step guide on how to ****ing get Jap AO to work on my comp and I will, it must be a wall of text Komidol worthy with screenshots. :V:V:V:V:V:V:V

Welp. I can't do komi-walls

ArtoriusDivinus
September 14th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Welp. I can't do komi-walls

Only Komi can. :V

Gimpy
September 14th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Only Komi can. :V

durr hurr hurr :V

Monkeynucleosis
September 14th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Echo why haven't you edited the typos in the guide I made to help nubs? D:
:'(

EchoSaviour
September 14th, 2009, 04:10 PM
I'll get around to it eventually, multi-tasking many things right now.

Mike Cosgrove
September 14th, 2009, 04:30 PM
if only their was some kind of forum moderator who could help or something!

JKRevan
September 14th, 2009, 04:56 PM
EchoSaviour;4094']

that was mostly due to the community being detrimental to the game either directly or indirectly.

Though I do have an idea, how does the community messes things up?

and how can we help/not mess things any further?

Shuffl3z
September 14th, 2009, 05:01 PM

make dumb ppl die in fire and not to use da internet

EchoSaviour
September 14th, 2009, 05:15 PM

First steps can be reduce the trolling, and actually give people a chance to speak as well as start using your heads.

This may be the internet but you are dealing with people, some who are testing the waters before they take the game seriously, some who are just fooling around before they take it seriously, and many others.

But suffice to say, the only versions who had actual "scouts" flamed/bashed off the servers were the english ones. Hell, even I was flamed off many times when playing incognito so I do know how bad it is. If you want ACE to grow, you have to give it a growing environment. I'm not saying to make it with rainbows and have it filled with flowers to make it rosy. But at least a realistically competitive environment in a more professional stance than an outright brawl with drunkards.

JKRevan
September 14th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Ppl flamed Echo while he was playing incognito??

hmmm, explain the increase of the failure rates of laboratory/factory of the late =O

Ok, i'm going to do my part, and help any1 who needs help

EchoSaviour
September 14th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I havn't had any chance to look at any of the rates to see if there was any changes. Tbh they havn't changed since ep2, I doubt they changed them again.

Nwah
September 14th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Ppl flamed Echo while he was playing incognito??

hmmm, explain the increase of the failure rates of laboratory/factory of the late =O

Ok, i'm going to do my part, and help any1 who needs help

What? I went e8-e10 on an arrow, and legged a 75 hammerhead and made it baal yesterday. So idk what your talking about.

Gimpy
September 14th, 2009, 05:48 PM
EchoSaviour;4292']First steps can be reduce the trolling, and actually give people a chance to speak as well as start using your heads.

This may be the internet but you are dealing with people, some who are testing the waters before they take the game seriously, some who are just fooling around before they take it seriously, and many others.

But suffice to say, the only versions who had actual "scouts" flamed/bashed off the servers were the english ones. Hell, even I was flamed off many times when playing incognito so I do know how bad it is. If you want ACE to grow, you have to give it a growing environment. I'm not saying to make it with rainbows and have it filled with flowers to make it rosy. But at least a realistically competitive environment in a more professional stance than an outright brawl with drunkards.

Got flamed off THIS server?

EchoSaviour
September 14th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Yup, was just fooling around testing the waters. Didn't take very long for me to say, screw this.

gnosis22
September 14th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Got flamed off THIS server?

Oh man lololololololol

This is why you don't troll just to troll but only troll when trolling is required. You never know who it is that you are trolling.

Trolling should be used like nuclear weapons. If everyone were throwing around nukes at each other for every little disagreement, we would have an environment that is not conducive to life and all that would be left is a few epic trolls left in their bunkers, alone to die a dark and lonely death.

Although there are times when trolling is necessary (trolls seem to only listen to trolling) it should be used very sparingly.

This is why vent was created. You can act like a drunk homosexual pedophile all you want to on your own private ventrilo server.

EchoSaviour
September 14th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I also got flamed off AR after logging in for 5 minutes after just saying hi. (Of course this was my regular acct that no one knows)

Then I also got flamed off our own servers a few times after just pretending to be new.

Shuffl3z
September 14th, 2009, 06:18 PM
EchoSaviour;4316']I also got flamed off AR after logging in for 5 minutes after just saying hi. (Of course this was my regular acct that no one knows)

Then I also got flamed off our own servers a few times after just pretending to be new.

i help new ppl. well i was :x

PlazmaZ10
September 14th, 2009, 06:18 PM
i saw some rookie get flammed because he was asking were to go during a MS *cough cough* ebra flammer *cough cough*

Gekker
September 14th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Anyway, is the patch fixing up Win7 problems? That is my biggest concern... :P

and 'bout AR, tried it so my skillz don't get rusty... or well, they are anyway, but I've been playing as a newb for 3 hours straight... with not a human player in sight... maybe wrong server?

Gimpy
September 14th, 2009, 06:21 PM
i saw some rookie get flammed because he was asking were to go during a MS *cough cough* ebra flammer *cough cough*

I also saw that very same person in bark on fire just from flying across the map...

gnosis22
September 14th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Oh I forgot to add:

Echo, please make the new ace site have an EXTENSIVE how to guide that is so easy to understand a kid in kindergarten could figure it out.

In its current state, this game has a pretty big learning curve. However, once you figure things out it becomes easy and straight forward to understand with pretty easy game mechanics.

I think a lot of flaming is created because people continuously ask silly questions during silly times (like trade spam during a ms, asking silly questions like what weapon to use during a base war, etc). Also, people using non-english on the trade chat is harmful as well. When you see things like "PLIS MEN HALP ME COH COH PLS" its pretty hard to respond in a serious manner.

Also the people who are newer trying to act like authority figures. Especially if they defend some sort of thought or idea, that has been tried and failed in the past, and then after being told why their idea fails they resort to childish name calling etc.

Honestly sometimes it reaches a point where the player base just throws their hands up in the air and lose all faith and hope in the world and let lulz flow from their keyboard.

To fix this, have gina read out different parts of the game, have a mission in addition to the crossbow of gigantic fail mission where you learn about the legend system (low level mission), explain the different gameplay techniques better, throughly explain the skills, etc. It gets tiring after explaining a basic concept for the millionth time, especially when the person who it is being explained to refuses to read the plethora of guides written on many different versions of this game and resort to name calling because they are not being spoonfed info from the player base.

Shuffl3z
September 14th, 2009, 06:22 PM

eh , when did that happen >_> coz i don't remember i flammed some 1 asking where the MS is x: , maybe it was Gimpy x.x

PlazmaZ10
September 14th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I also saw that very same person in bark on fire just from flying across the map...

hahahaha to funny wasnt his name like fire12 or something like that?

Gimpy
September 14th, 2009, 06:23 PM
hahahaha to funny wasnt his name like fire12 or something like that?

Yeah.

So anyway, when someone catches fire from flying across bark, you can rightly tell them to shut the **** up and not worry about where anything is because they're just fodder

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
September 14th, 2009, 06:35 PM
EchoSaviour;4094']
People are still pulling all-nighters over here.

Welcome to my life. Tell me when you start hitting 80+ hours per week for 2 months straight. :P

In all seriousness, thanks for the updates. Sounds like AO is heading in the right direction.

*edit* this is doc, and how the crap do I change my forum name back?

Monkeynucleosis
September 14th, 2009, 07:04 PM
EchoSaviour;4271']I'll get around to it eventually, multi-tasking many things right now.

Oh okay :p
Whenever you have a chance. No biggie.
Speaking of MULTITASK..... I got 392 the other day.
So focus the SUBA Lite event on that game.
So I could win and what-not. Kay? :D

Proxy
September 14th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Gonna be playing Aion so I'll hardly be playing this but I guess it's good to hear this? In all honesty rather then new content I'd like to see the horrible game balance fixed, as well as some of the really terrible bugs that have been around for ages.

EchoSaviour
September 14th, 2009, 09:10 PM
If there is one thing I learned.

No one will ever be satisfied with the game balance. The more I hear the arguments, the more convinced I am that the balance isn't as bad as people say.

I have not heard of a single-true-valid-down-to-earth-unbiased-whole-picture thesis on how to properly fix the balance in a reasonable timeframe without the removal of any content.

Shuffl3z
September 14th, 2009, 09:15 PM
EchoSaviour;4388']If there is one thing I learned.

No one will ever be satisfied with the game balance. The more I hear the arguments, the more convinced I am that the balance isn't as bad as people say.

I have not heard of a single-true-valid-down-to-earth-unbiased-whole-picture thesis on how to properly fix the balance in a reasonable timeframe without the removal of any content.

echo , in Neo Steam when there is RvR war ( every saturday) it last for 2 hours and we get huge EXP and fame also, and the system tell u every like 20min the number of the players for each nation (example if it was here : the system will show up like there is now 123 ANI and 100 BCU) But RvR war is on 1 big map that have many other differnt places on it that even i didn't bother to explore it coz it is ****ing huge.

e: even on Neo steam when we get outnumbered we still win~ :3 so we know it is pretty much fair war

Mike Cosgrove
September 14th, 2009, 09:47 PM
EchoSaviour;4388']

B-gear's burst damage is too high. Bawoos or GBM need to be looked at.
A-gears legend standards need rebalancing.
M-gears need a Raging EXP skill.
I-gears need their +10% pierce (or even just +5%) on frenzy.

JOHNSON A FARTSHIRE
September 14th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Gonna be playing Aion so I'll hardly be playing this but I guess it's good to hear this? In all honesty rather then new content I'd like to see the horrible game balance fixed, as well as some of the really terrible bugs that have been around for ages.

Ahhhhh are you going Elyos and joining WaffleHouse legion?

Shuffl3z
September 14th, 2009, 09:56 PM
B-gear's burst damage is too high. Bawoos or GBM need to be looked at.
A-gears legend standards need rebalancing.
M-gears need a Raging EXP skill.
I-gears need their +10% pierce (or even just +5%) on frenzy.

BG and AG idea of removing/editing their main weapons will never happen.

as for the rest , Yes they should do it

Mike Cosgrove
September 14th, 2009, 09:58 PM
I never said they were to be removed in this example.

just edited for balance.

JOHNSON A FARTSHIRE
September 14th, 2009, 09:59 PM
All that needs to happen to BGs is bawoo prob. nerfed to 74.9%. Want damage in relation to every other player's advanced weapons? Then deal with the probability of that as well.

As for AGs, same deal. Nerf legend BS prob. to, at a minimum, 90%, and take the distance down by 100-200m.

Shuffl3z
September 14th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I never said they were to be removed in this example.

just edited for balance.

when u said that it need to looked at that means u wanted either they edited it is state or just remove it of the game and i said "remove/edit" so Other ppl know That it is also not gona happen :3

Mike Cosgrove
September 14th, 2009, 10:09 PM
If theirs one thing I've learned about this game, absolutes are not.

Shuffl3z
September 14th, 2009, 10:16 PM
If theirs one thing I've learned about this game, absolutes are not.

if u want me to explain to You, y they r not gona edit it is state or even remove it , ill tell u why.

it is becoz ppl already spend their money coz of it , and their point of spending their credits was becoz of it , So if Suba changed the weapon state/removed it , those ppl who did bought a huge credits for it , would just leave the game and take their credits with them , Even if they just decreased the Prob of the weapon by giving it 1%- .

Lexx
September 14th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Sometimes I am shocked with how hostile and unforgiving this community can be both in game and on the forums.

The way I see it, trolling is ok when it's a veteren player that has been here a while and they say something you can grab hold of and tease them with. We have known each other a while so we know how most people are. That veteren player is going to laugh or try to troll back but very rarely get all upset and rage quit over a little trolling.

When a new player comes to the forums or asks a question in game, that is different. They are new to this game and have probably never played anything like it. Their question might seem silly or extremely stupid to us but to them it's a valid issue they are looking for more information about. If we troll them and call them names, laugh and ridicule them, they will assume everyone here is hostile and they won't get any help. They are going to still need to or at least want to know about what they were asking, and probably decide this game is not for them and quit.

If someone was just helpful and nice and gave them a good answer along with a few basic tips, like pointing them to a guide, then they might decide this game has a nice helpful community and they will have the information they need. They will probably start leveling up and get into the gameplay.

How we treat them will many times determine if they stay or not, and we really have no way of knowing how many potential great players we have driven away.

If the server seems a little empty and boring, it might not have anything to do with the game or how Suba is handling things. Often we most likely only have ourselves to blame for how we have treated some people.

TL/DR: STOP TROLLING THE NEW PLAYERS AND BE NICE AND HELP THEM SO THEY KEEP PLAYING!

Shuffl3z
September 14th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Sometimes I am shocked with how hostile and unforgiving this community can be both in game and on the forums.

The way I see it, trolling is ok when it's a veteren player that as been here a while and they say something you can grab hold of and tease them with. We have known each other a while so we know how most people are. That veteren player is going to laugh or try to troll back but very rarely get all upset and rage quit over a little trolling.

When a new player comes to the forums or asks a question in game, that is different. They are new to this game and have probably never played anything like it. Their question might seem silly or extremely stupid to us but to them it's a valid issue they are looking for more information about. If we troll them and call them names, laugh and ridicule them they will assume everyone here is hostile and they won't get any help. They are going to still need to or at least want to know about what they were asking and probably decide this game is not for them and quit.

If someone was just helpful and nice and gave them a good answer along with a few basic tips like pointing them to a guide, then they might decide this game has a nice helpful community and they will have the information they need. The will probably start leveling up and get into the gameplay.

How we treat them will many times determine if they stay or not, and we really have no way of knowing how many potential great players we have driven away.

If the server seems a little empty and boring it might not have anything to do with the game or how Suba is handling things. Often we most likely only have ourselves to blame for how we have treated some people.

TL/DR: STOP TROLLING THE NEW PLAYERS AND BE NICE AND HELP THEM SO THEY KEEP PLAYING!

lol i aggre with that , i help new players and never ever troll them , i only troll ppl ingame that i already know them for a long time , just for fun :3
and btw i don't know y the new ppl can't figure out some thing or some don't just ask about it ingame and they go ask about it in forums when it is already p much simple and the game on the tutorial explain it , When i start new MMO i don't go to it is Official , I never do unless the ppl ingame don't know the answer then i do search for the question that i wanted in it is forum or the main site , and then i do just fine ingame even w/o reading guides :3

JOHNSON A FARTSHIRE
September 14th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I mean, look at AR's community. Everyone is so nice and, oh wait...
But I mean, their servers are empt-oh, wait.

Lexx
September 14th, 2009, 10:45 PM
The other day a player was grinding in Bark City and complained he couldn't get his mission done because Ebra kept killing him.

We had just had an SP in Redline so I wasn't far from Bark. I decided to go see what was up and ABM-ed Ebra on the way to Bark in Den B so I knew he wasn't still killing the guy.

I thought it odd he had no aggro then he mentions over war chat he uses stealth cards to grind in Bark.

To us that is a complete waste of a stealth card and some would want to troll him off the server just for thinking he needs one that early in the game.

To him it makes his grind easier not dealing with the aggo and since they are given away several times a week for 5:25 and you can get them with Suba mileage, (at least we used to be able to, hopefully we will again someday), who are we to say it's wrong to want to use them there?

I could grind maps like LV, G- Ark, Eopi, Alioth and others with high aggro without an SC if I wanted to. But for me it makes the game much more enjoyable to make all that aggro go away so I can just relax and concentrate on making my next kill. Much easier to pick out goldies that way too.

He likes the game better with stealth cards on all the time on any map with aggro and we really have no right or business laughing at him for that and telling him he fails.

That's the kind of thing it would be nice to change. Instead of jumping all over someone because you don't think they play the way they should, or you think that are really noobish; maybe we should stop ourselves for a minute and try to see things from their point of view and be more tolerant.

Shuffl3z
September 14th, 2009, 10:50 PM
The other day a player was grinding in Bark City and complained he couldn't get his mission done because Ebra kept killing him.

We had just had an SP in Redline so I wasn't far from Bark. I decided to go see what was up and ABM-ed Ebra on the way to Bark in Den B so I knew he wasn't still killing the guy.

I thought it odd he had no aggro then he mentions over war chat he uses stealth cards to grind in Bark.

To us that is a complete waste of a stealth card and some would want to troll him off the server just for thinking he needs one that early in the game.

To him it makes his grind easier not dealing with the aggo and since they are given away several times a week for 5:25 and you can get them with Suba mileage, (at least we used to be able to, hopefully we will again someday), who are we to say it's wrong to want to use them there?

I could grind maps like LV, G- Ark, Eopi, Alioth and others with high aggro without an SC if I wanted to. But for me it makes the game much more enjoyable to make all that aggro go away so I can just relax and concentrate on making my next kill. Much easier to pick out goldies that way too.

He likes the game better with stealth cards on all the time on any map with aggro and we really have no right or business laughing at him for that and telling him he fails.

That's the kind of thing it would be nice to change. Instead of jumping all over someone because you don't think they play the way they should, or you think that are really noobish; maybe we should stop ourselves for a minute and try to see things from their point of view and be more tolerant.

lol i don't play my BG anymore btw :3 so idk about that guy xD

Gimpy
September 14th, 2009, 11:01 PM
lol i don't play my BG anymore btw :3 so idk about that guy xD

Don't think it was me

Lexx: Got a time at all it was at?

Lexx
September 14th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Don't think it was me

Lexx: Got a time at all it was at?

Erm yeah read my post. It was right after a Redline SP that ANI won (on Prelude). I think it was yesterday or the day before. It's getting late here, I'm starting to get drunk, and there was an MS attack in there so I am not totally sure when.

Just check the SP record on the info board.

Mike Cosgrove
September 14th, 2009, 11:30 PM
it is becoz ppl already spend their money coz of it , and their point of spending their credits was becoz of it , So if Suba changed the weapon state/removed it , those ppl who did bought a huge credits for it , would just leave the game and take their credits with them , Even if they just decreased the Prob of the weapon by giving it 1%- .

1) Weapons have been changed in stats in previous updates
2) WHEN YOU SPEND CREDITS, YOU CAN'T TAKE IT BACK MENG
3) lol ebra

EchoSaviour
September 15th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Yeah, I mean, look at AR's community. Everyone is so nice and, oh wait...
But I mean, their servers are empt-oh, wait.

Keep trolling about us, it won't do anything.

Say what you want but joking or not, it's not making you look good. Cause right now my patience for the trolling and sarcasm is gone.

And it doesn't help when I have to consider a whole years work as a complete write off so this attitude is something I won't tolerate right now.

PS: When we reached our peak, AR and ACE were a lot closer than populations than people realize. ACE server limits are higher than AR.

Takimiji
September 15th, 2009, 12:13 AM
When a new player comes to the forums or asks a question in game, that is different. They are new to this game and have probably never played anything like it. Their question might seem silly or extremely stupid to us but to them it's a valid issue they are looking for more information about. If we troll them and call them names, laugh and ridicule them, they will assume everyone here is hostile and they won't get any help. They are going to still need to or at least want to know about what they were asking, and probably decide this game is not for them and quit.

I asked what felt like really stupid questions to me, but I didn't know any answers. I'm still here, and even got all of them answered (even the ones I asked on warchat!)

I don't think the trolling has anything to do with new people, just people that have done something really stupid.

(wai no ava for meh yet? ;-; )

JOHNSON A FARTSHIRE
September 15th, 2009, 12:15 AM
EchoSaviour;4473']Keep trolling about us, it won't do anything.

Say what you want but joking or not, it's not making you look good. Cause right now my patience for the trolling and sarcasm is gone.

And it doesn't help when I have to consider a whole years work as a complete write off so this attitude is something I won't tolerate right now.

Sorry, but you know that it's a valid point. This game does not cater to new people. It doesn't matter what the community is like, the people who have the patience to learn will stay, the people who don't, won't, and are usually the ones who get trolled off anyway.

EchoSaviour
September 15th, 2009, 12:19 AM
You're not helping the situation at all by trolling them off.

TBH, if I played this game now instead of when it was in alpha, I probably would have left it already. The community situation has gotten that bad.

Actually, I originally left the game due to the community. Only came back as a GM.

PS: I do apologize if I start ranting. Happens after working 12 hours a day 6 days a week for a month.

FenderJazz
September 15th, 2009, 12:29 AM
I think Echo already knows what I have to say regarding the recent change in attitude.

I already do what I can to help, but even though I am playing again my hours online are vastly shorter than they were before due to school, four different ensembles, and such. So there's only so many people I can help out, and there needs to be more willing to dispense even what seems like the most ridiculous, obvious information if it happens to be asked. More guides and more rewards for those who write friggen awesome guides would be good.

Though with this in mind we have to realize that most people are not smart enough to look up guide and stuff written specifically for them, so we need to find a way to make it more obvious. Like the ingame Help comments, except maybe we can have them give links to stuff on the forums too? Or even have the ingame FAQ hold copies of certain guides?

I don't think there's a whole lot we can do about the rather rowdy community, though less nastiness being thrown about would be nice. It'll be practically impossible to not have flaming in a competitive game but there could be a lot less strife within nations at least.

Mike Cosgrove
September 15th, 2009, 12:30 AM
EchoSaviour;4480']You're not helping the situation at all by trolling them off.

TBH, if I played this game now instead of when it was in alpha, I probably would have left it already. The community situation has gotten that bad.

The community that played back in masang beta was much smaller and close-knit. You could say they had more "E-honor" if only because it was an unknown game and most of them were already friends.

I'd say on average, this game's community is better then others.

Do you even remember what Flyff's communtiy was like? and what i've seen of Crossfire, it made the xbox live community look like Yale graduates.

Actually, I originally left the game due to the community. Only came back as a GM.

Hm. So who are you anyway? :)

EchoSaviour
September 15th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Fender has it down. Right now I'm literally working on a clean slate. I am basically working with LESS than what I had when ACE launched so my first real goal is a community shakeout to speed up the new direction we have planned for ACE.

FenderJazz
September 15th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Do you even remember what Flyff's communtiy was like?

Tried Flyff again recently, and I'd have to say their community is better. A bit dumber, but MUCH friendlier. Only game I can think of with a worse community is RuneScape...*shudder*

Mike Cosgrove
September 15th, 2009, 12:34 AM
EchoSaviour;4486']so my first real goal is a community shakeout

This is going to be interesting, to say the least. Are you going to start banning people for trolling?

EchoSaviour
September 15th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Banning people for trolling, no. Warnings, yeah. Consequences are possible also.

Mike Cosgrove
September 15th, 2009, 12:37 AM
"Yo meng, we heard you like to troll, so we put a bean in your gear so you can't collect items while you collect items"

EchoSaviour
September 15th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Beans are old school.

We found something worse.

FenderJazz
September 15th, 2009, 12:38 AM
"Yo meng, we heard you like to troll, so we put a bean in your gear so you can't collect items while you collect items"

I've found my new sig!

EDIT: Deleting items now, are we? Or do the beans...*gasp* reproduce if left alone too long? :O

Leo_Wavathar
September 15th, 2009, 12:39 AM

^This.

>_<

EchoSaviour
September 15th, 2009, 12:40 AM
I've found my new sig!

EDIT: Deleting items now, are we? Or do the beans...*gasp* reproduce if left alone too long? :O

We found something so simple yet awesome and insulting all at the same time.

FenderJazz
September 15th, 2009, 12:41 AM
EchoSaviour;4503']We found something so simple yet awesome and insulting all at the same time.
I am intrigued!

Mike Cosgrove
September 15th, 2009, 12:48 AM
EchoSaviour;4503']We found something so simple yet awesome and insulting all at the same time.

Does it involve watermelons? Watermelon beans? Come on, give us a clue to how awesome this is.

Also, related note: When are forum moderators being announced or looked at it, or anything.

gnosis22
September 15th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Hm. So who are you anyway? :)
I so figured out who he was a few weeks ago, but I am so not telling ;P

gnosis22
September 15th, 2009, 12:49 AM
echosaviour;4496']beans are old school.

We found something worse.

you mean the magical magic that gives beans every time you try to enchant something?

Redrock98
September 15th, 2009, 12:49 AM
man i am sure glad i remember what went down in the old forums a repeat in that would devastate us again(LOOOL photographic memory)
anyways non trolling is a go
nice community i shall ninjatroll with a sense of fairness to redirect past mistakes of OLD
FEAR NOT INTERNETMAIDENS

Anyways clean slate is great but bad for the guides which most are outdated by now so yeah.
Either way its a great opertunity to start fresh be nice and hopefully encourage growth and prevent meltdowns such as those silly WM shennanigans

Gimpy
September 15th, 2009, 12:53 AM
EchoSaviour;4490']Banning people for trolling, no. Warnings, yeah. Consequences are possible also.

Welp, I'm boned.

Best. Quote. EVER.

EchoSaviour
September 15th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Don't worry Gimpy, we'll find a use for your trolling expertise somewhere.

Mike Cosgrove
September 15th, 2009, 01:06 AM
EchoSaviour;4525']Don't worry Gimpy, we'll find a use for your trolling expertise somewhere.

Oh god, I can picture Gimpy being sent as a "Special Envoy" to the AR boards.

Gimpy
September 15th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Oh god, I can picture Gimpy being sent as a "Special Envoy" to the AR boards.

I got permabanned actually... Called werewolf a nazi furfag

EchoSaviour;4525']Don't worry Gimpy, we'll find a use for your trolling expertise somewhere.

So does that mean I get a paycheck?
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/dahaka2/awesome/avatar1.png

FenderJazz
September 15th, 2009, 01:07 AM
No, more like a secret agent we send to Masang when they don't give us our patches quickly enough.

Redrock98
September 15th, 2009, 01:13 AM
ARISE GIMPY ARISE has been activated*

FenderJazz
September 15th, 2009, 01:17 AM
FEAR NOT INTERNETMAIDENS

I already fear not. *reloads bassoonka*

I shall work on writing/rewriting a guide or two and post them later, like at a time when it's not nearly 1:20 AM when my mind, though fully awake, loses certain...cognitive abilities. They might not be good guides, but hopefully they'll work well enough that they are helpful until someone does something better.

VladTheImplier
September 15th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Gimpy should replace Light IMO

Redrock98
September 15th, 2009, 01:19 AM
I already fear not. *reloads bassoonka*

I shall work on writing/rewriting a guide or two and post them later, like at a time when it's not nearly 1:20 AM when my mind, though fully awake, loses certain...cognitive abilities. They might not be good guides, but hopefully they'll work well enough that they are helpful until someone does something better.

sounds like a plan fender i could help out in some things
since people normally test out their weapons on me

Gimpy should replace Light IMO
LOL QUE?

Monkeynucleosis
September 15th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Lololol.

Make the new punishment, Gimpy trolling and flaming you on a full-screened
PM box in-game that you can't minimize or exit out of :D:D:D

chicharrones
September 15th, 2009, 01:24 AM
really wanted the paint shop.. :/

Gimpy
September 15th, 2009, 01:25 AM

Too bad. Now get out.

Redrock98
September 15th, 2009, 01:30 AM

paint shop made the game less efficient and caused problems

EchoSaviour;4097']What I know about the paintshop removal is this.

1: Inefficient handling of packets. The game was sending a lot more than necessary just to say this guy has X paint on him. Ends up to more lag.

2: Game engine chokes when trying to load many paints. The game code was inefficient in the scene that it has to load whole new textures instead of editing the existing one. When you have a bunch of gears suddenly appearing, each with different armors with different paints, you'll get some rather bad load times. Leads to more graphical lag.

3: Each paint is actually considered as a special enchant item. In a nutshell, just really bad way of handling the paint.

There are a few more but I wasn't told on the details. But suffice to say, it's long due for an overhaul.

The fact that each individual paint acted like a enchant is fugging retarted so yeah
TL;DR

POOLS CLOSED

Gimpy
September 15th, 2009, 01:32 AM
MY NEW AVATAR IS THE ****E.

Why did I put an E there?

welp, im going to bed.

you all get roughly 10 hours of no trolling :U

VladTheImplier
September 15th, 2009, 01:38 AM
wait wtf this ****ty vbulletin forum supports animated gif's on avatars

Proxy
September 15th, 2009, 07:36 AM
EchoSaviour;4388']If there is one thing I learned.

Well a-gears I'm sure are imbalanced in ways and people can provide and argument for that, me being an a-gear I don't really notice it as much. The thing I notice ( on any gear), is b-gears. Every gear has it's on overpowered little thing but b-gears are by far the worse in my opinion. Why? Well it's simple they can do it all, and do a lot of those things the best. A B-gear is pretty much an m-gear as far as survivability goes and has the dps of a 92 a-gear if not better.

Now let's go into b-gears a little bit with their survivability. First of all you said somewhere else that in balance the grind has to be considered in balance? Well Bgears suck kinda 1-3x with bcu(not with ani) but that doesn't really matter, since you can do that in 1-2 days. Now the higher levels B-gears blow everything out of the water as far as leveling goes, even my a-gear grinding with bonus exp with a -61 ra gun, whoring anything I can to level cannot match them. This makes it easy to get to a high level gear and get the survivability you need. Most of all with all the bonus exp we had.

Now the actual survivability. First of all B-Gears when putting in a stat point getting 3 points, pretty much allowing them to do any build they want. I don't have to much of a problem with this, but it's the things on top of this. So they can go def, def/spirit, def/attack, or whatever they want. Now what allows B-gears to survive? Let's make a list.

1.)Their stats/defense. B-gears can get a lot of def, def charm, def enchants just like every other gear, only an m-gear can truly outdo them, an a-gear can as well, but they lose a lot of dps. So do b-gears but the b-gears will **** all over a def a-gear in def siege's dps.

2.)Chaffs. Not overpowered in my opinion and a fine skill, IF it was not coupled with their other survivability stuff. Great skill to get away if your in trouble, and I've seen b-gears saved countless times by them.

3.)Speed. Easiest gear by far to get past 500+ speed, which is faster then an i-gear, and I believe it's the biggest speed boost from speed engine-> to the next speed engine. 520 engine, and getting to 86 isn't that hard, it should not be easy to get a b-gear faster then an i-gear and if it is, which is sort of understandable since you need to be able to catch up to bomb, they need to not have the survivability they do and should not have the next thing.

4.)Turn around/BMM. This helps rape i-gears and other gears as well. Why B-gears can use something that in my mind should be i-gear specific is beyond me. However, this goes to show just how much an B-gear can do.

5.)Now on top of this they get Invisible even though there's one more thing. Now invis is a joke to be honest, with a gear that has so much survivability. Some people will say search eyes, scan, and this works all dandy at a gate, but what about when they get away from the gate, and are running? An M-gear cannot keep up with an 86+ b-gear to scan them, and usually sit at the sp. A B-gear can burst damage the sp, run away, scan. Hit them while they are doing that? Well they have a lot of survivability and chaffs, to help them not have to worry about that. Snare+Shield para is all that's gonna really have to do. As of for search eyes, the way they work isn't really to great to scan people since if they get a certain distance they just go invis again, and you have to spam them just for them to go invis again........ PLEASE remember when a b-gear is invis you cannot shoot them, that means -100% damage, except for a b-gear managing to bomb them.

6.) Now on top of ALLLLL of this they get Shield Reduction. Here's where it get's real silly. -45% damage to shield? and on top of that it doesn't display the reduced damage? The not displaying itself is deadly because you may think your doing enough damage to kill an b-gear but your not, and it will just burst damage and kill you in an instant if it hits your as an i-gear/b-gear. M-gears can't damage them enough to kill them. Now B-gears don't need this -45% damage and this is probably the biggest reason(maybe their speed?) b-gears are broken. They don't need this to survive but god does it help. I've seen my a-gear roll 130-140s on b-gears and with shield reduc that's 77 damage. That's ALMOST as low as an m-gear on a gear that has MUCH MUCH MORE dps AND speed.

Summary:
The problem overall with bgears is they can dps, and survive. Essentially a b-gear has m-gear survivability with i-gear speed, and better then 92 a-gear dps, granted they don't have defense stat, which I'll agree a bit do. However, SPs and such do not. This is why B-gears -SOLO- SPs, Motherships, or used to, can't exactly out dps some of the regen on higher motherships. Any gear should not be able to solo this. Some will say my a-gear is broken and I'll agree with you, but I could never out dps an attack b-gear(im atk too C:) and don't have near the survivability and cannot solo sps.

Something I wanted to throw out there as well. A B-gear with kits and enough defense can fly circles around my a-gear and not die. I have a -61 ra broken smash and 92 siege. That seems a bit silly imo:p. Crying because I can't kill someone with that kind of dps that can't be dodged? You bet. They can sure kill me in 1-2 bombs though. (May change if I have a pierce charm a bit), but I'd still die just as easy.

Wow all of text
I could go more into it, and maybe how to balance some other stuff but this is my biggest concern:/. If B-gears got a nerf I wouldn't mind a-gears, but if your gonna nerf something first it needs to be something on b-gears. Also the ton of a-gear bugs that get you stuck are cool. All B-gears get are good bugs like queens just sitting there to be their *****.

So Echo?

Ahhhhh are you going Elyos and joining WaffleHouse legion?

Sadly probably not, a few ******s I play with over at my vent are **** and want to play another server as asmos. Maybe since I'm a big gay and can grind like a big gay, I'll roll over there then later roll another char on Elyos with the Wafflehouse.

EchoSaviour
September 15th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Ep3-3 sneak peak info!

There are nerfs planned for the BG.

What they are, I'm not sure. But what I can say is that all gameplay changes like nerfs and stuff like that isn't decided just by Masang or us. It's a unified decision by all the publishers who host ACE Online. So if the majority is against our decision, then we can't do anything about it.

ReMSama
September 15th, 2009, 08:07 AM
So I hope that new patch will be a surprise.

IGAllan01
September 15th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Yeah! Server restart! Do it! lol
Jk.

And.. thanks for the report, Echo.

please no...

Proxy
September 15th, 2009, 08:12 AM
EchoSaviour;4657']Ep3-3 sneak peak info!

There are nerfs planned for the BG.

What they are, I'm not sure. But what I can say is that all gameplay changes like nerfs and stuff like that isn't decided just by Masang or us. It's a unified decision by all the publishers who host ACE Online. So if the majority is against our decision, then we can't do anything about it.

I kinda figured so and I suppose that'd make it a lot harder to get stuff to go through, but it's nice to hear possible bgear nerfs C:, even if I may not be playing.

EchoSaviour
September 15th, 2009, 08:14 AM
There are things that are general developer only decisions.
(Affect everything about the game and it's future.)

There are things that are publisher conference decisions.
(Affect the current game throughout all versions)

There are things that are publisher only decisions.
(Affect only the one version that publisher hosts)

That can give you an idea of how changes and additions work out. So when everyone cries nerf, it may not be us or Masang decision on it.

PlazmaZ10
September 15th, 2009, 08:15 AM
i hope 86 Bg engine gets nerfed easily broken

ReMSama
September 15th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Well I hope this will change alot for ace atm.

Lexx
September 15th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Well a-gears I'm sure are imbalanced in ways and people can provide and argument for that, me being an a-gear I don't really notice it as much. The thing I notice ( on any gear), is b-gears. Every gear has it's on overpowered little thing but b-gears are by far the worse in my opinion. Why? Well it's simple they can do it all, and do a lot of those things the best. A B-gear is pretty much an m-gear as far as survivability goes and has the dps of a 92 a-gear if not better.

Now let's go into b-gears a little bit with their survivability. First of all you said somewhere else that in balance the grind has to be considered in balance? Well Bgears suck kinda 1-3x with bcu(not with ani) but that doesn't really matter, since you can do that in 1-2 days. Now the higher levels B-gears blow everything out of the water as far as leveling goes, even my a-gear grinding with bonus exp with a -61 ra gun, whoring anything I can to level cannot match them. This makes it easy to get to a high level gear and get the survivability you need. Most of all with all the bonus exp we had.

Now the actual survivability. First of all B-Gears when putting in a stat point getting 3 points, pretty much allowing them to do any build they want. I don't have to much of a problem with this, but it's the things on top of this. So they can go def, def/spirit, def/attack, or whatever they want. Now what allows B-gears to survive? Let's make a list.

1.)Their stats/defense. B-gears can get a lot of def, def charm, def enchants just like every other gear, only an m-gear can truly outdo them, an a-gear can as well, but they lose a lot of dps. So do b-gears but the b-gears will **** all over a def a-gear in def siege's dps.

2.)Chaffs. Not overpowered in my opinion and a fine skill, IF it was not coupled with their other survivability stuff. Great skill to get away if your in trouble, and I've seen b-gears saved countless times by them.

3.)Speed. Easiest gear by far to get past 500+ speed, which is faster then an i-gear, and I believe it's the biggest speed boost from speed engine-> to the next speed engine. 520 engine, and getting to 86 isn't that hard, it should not be easy to get a b-gear faster then an i-gear and if it is, which is sort of understandable since you need to be able to catch up to bomb, they need to not have the survivability they do and should not have the next thing.

4.)Turn around/BMM. This helps rape i-gears and other gears as well. Why B-gears can use something that in my mind should be i-gear specific is beyond me. However, this goes to show just how much an B-gear can do.

5.)Now on top of this they get Invisible even though there's one more thing. Now invis is a joke to be honest, with a gear that has so much survivability. Some people will say search eyes, scan, and this works all dandy at a gate, but what about when they get away from the gate, and are running? An M-gear cannot keep up with an 86+ b-gear to scan them, and usually sit at the sp. A B-gear can burst damage the sp, run away, scan. Hit them while they are doing that? Well they have a lot of survivability and chaffs, to help them not have to worry about that. Snare+Shield para is all that's gonna really have to do. As of for search eyes, the way they work isn't really to great to scan people since if they get a certain distance they just go invis again, and you have to spam them just for them to go invis again........ PLEASE remember when a b-gear is invis you cannot shoot them, that means -100% damage, except for a b-gear managing to bomb them.

6.) Now on top of ALLLLL of this they get Shield Reduction. Here's where it get's real silly. -45% damage to shield? and on top of that it doesn't display the reduced damage? The not displaying itself is deadly because you may think your doing enough damage to kill an b-gear but your not, and it will just burst damage and kill you in an instant if it hits your as an i-gear/b-gear. M-gears can't damage them enough to kill them. Now B-gears don't need this -45% damage and this is probably the biggest reason(maybe their speed?) b-gears are broken. They don't need this to survive but god does it help. I've seen my a-gear roll 130-140s on b-gears and with shield reduc that's 77 damage. That's ALMOST as low as an m-gear on a gear that has MUCH MUCH MORE dps AND speed.

Summary:
The problem overall with bgears is they can dps, and survive. Essentially a b-gear has m-gear survivability with i-gear speed, and better then 92 a-gear dps, granted they don't have defense stat, which I'll agree a bit do. However, SPs and such do not. This is why B-gears -SOLO- SPs, Motherships, or used to, can't exactly out dps some of the regen on higher motherships. Any gear should not be able to solo this. Some will say my a-gear is broken and I'll agree with you, but I could never out dps an attack b-gear(im atk too C:) and don't have near the survivability and cannot solo sps.

Something I wanted to throw out there as well. A B-gear with kits and enough defense can fly circles around my a-gear and not die. I have a -61 ra broken smash and 92 siege. That seems a bit silly imo:p. Crying because I can't kill someone with that kind of dps that can't be dodged? You bet. They can sure kill me in 1-2 bombs though. (May change if I have a pierce charm a bit), but I'd still die just as easy.

Wow all of text
I could go more into it, and maybe how to balance some other stuff but this is my biggest concern:/. If B-gears got a nerf I wouldn't mind a-gears, but if your gonna nerf something first it needs to be something on b-gears. Also the ton of a-gear bugs that get you stuck are cool. All B-gears get are good bugs like queens just sitting there to be their *****.

So Echo?

Sadly probably not, a few ******s I play with over at my vent are **** and want to play another server as asmos. Maybe since I'm a big gay and can grind like a big gay, I'll roll over there then later roll another char on Elyos with the Wafflehouse.

Yeah that's right, I went there, I quoted the whole thing.

On the subject of A-Gears I would personally like to see the Big Smash get a big reduction in firepower and the Supreme get a slight reduction. Just enough to make the other A-Gear standards on the same level so they aren't so useless. As it is now, there is really only one, maybe 2 A-Gear standards anyone uses, because they are too much better than the others. It would be nice to see Big Mounts, Codys, Jack Hammers, Mega Drives and Heats actually used by making Big Smash and Supremes do basically the same DPS the other guns do now.

I would gladly take a big nerf to Bawoos and a slight reduction in Hawkies if they balanced the AG gun attack powers. The way I see it AGs and BGs are a bit overpowered compared to the other 2 gears and this would help to bring them down to the same level as IGs. MGs are supposed to be the weakest because they are support gears so I feel those are fine as is.

PlazmaZ10
September 15th, 2009, 08:37 AM
no one but me has said nerf 86 BG engine whats up with that?

Gimpy
September 15th, 2009, 08:38 AM
no one but me has said nerf 86 BG engine whats up with that?

Because you're an ig. A rather ****ty one at that

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
September 15th, 2009, 08:38 AM
1. Slightly nerf Leg BS prob and/or damage and/or amount of damamge improved on each upgrade.
2. Change 86+ BG engines to 490
3. Bawoos to 75% prob
4. Drop slot armor total shield/HP by 15-20%.
5. Lower eva/def cards % to 0.5% per card and 1% per hyper card.

Those were 4 concrete suggestions to make the game more balanced without removing any content.

Game fixed.

Shuffl3z
September 15th, 2009, 08:39 AM
86 BG engine wont get nerfed so don't get ur heads up

PlazmaZ10
September 15th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Because you're an ig. A rather ****ty one at that

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/cheezeguy/n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

PlazmaZ10
September 15th, 2009, 08:41 AM

gay

86 Bg engine

86 Ig engine 530 see the problem?

Shuffl3z
September 15th, 2009, 08:42 AM
gay

86 Bg engine

86 Ig engine 530 see the problem?

no i don't c any problem with that Oo

Shuffl3z
September 15th, 2009, 08:49 AM
ok lets c~ high lvl Gears should be unfair so don't QQ about it . it is actually the different between the other gears so if things got edited/removed the game would change and it wont be the same and alot of ppl is gona quit and suba is gona start lose money coz of ace then u will c "Server Close . thank."

e:

2) WHEN YOU SPEND CREDITS, YOU CAN'T TAKE IT BACK MENG
3) lol ebra

my BG got banned once or twice (once when i was like lvl 20 and got banned coz they thinked i was hacking lol) and the second 1 was becoz some 1 sold me 10k credits and then he quited the game after 1 month and TAKED his money off Suba and then i got banned and had to pay 10$ to get my acc unbanned .

Alexander
September 15th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Server reset would be silly.

RELEASE THE HIDDEN THUNDERFORCE SERVER
well you know, since we are the only version not to have three servers, I think.

edit: ebra, you've been defending the 86 engine ever since you got it
it is broken

I hope the other publishers see that.

Shuffl3z
September 15th, 2009, 09:11 AM

well you know, since we are the only version not to have three servers, I think.

edit: ebra, you've been defending the 86 engine ever since you got it
it is broken

I hope the other publishers see that.

i was defending it be4 i even get to 86 c:

e: in Neo steam Servers , u can log in any server u want and u will c ur same charcter (same goes for gunz) but when there is huge PvP war like RvR war, it happen on 1 server.
so if they would just merge those 2 servers and make 1 server for PvP and the other for grindwhore c: and when there is gona be MS , it gona happen on 1 server.

Alexander
September 15th, 2009, 09:19 AM

e: in Neo steam Servers , u can log in any server u want and u will c ur same charcter (same goes for gunz) but when there is huge PvP war like RvR war, it happen on 1 server.
so if they would just merge those 2 servers and make 1 server for PvP and the other for grindwhore c: and when there is gona be MS , it gona happen on 1 server.

The way these servers are set up, you cannot do that.

But am I the only one who misses low level PvP? D=

Shuffl3z
September 15th, 2009, 09:20 AM
The way these servers are set up, you cannot do that.

But am I the only one who misses low level PvP? D=

i do as well ;-;

e: lets make a server with the max lvl being 70 \o/

Alexander
September 15th, 2009, 09:22 AM
i do as well ;-;

I would totally agree with that.
edit: I gave you karma for that post, but well Idk if it even works

gnosis22
September 15th, 2009, 09:24 AM
1. Slightly nerf Leg BS prob and/or damage and/or amount of damamge improved on each upgrade.
2. Change 86+ BG engines to 490
3. Bawoos to 75% prob
4. Drop slot armor total shield/HP by 15-20%.
5. Lower eva/def cards % to 0.5% per card and 1% per hyper card.

Those were 4 concrete suggestions to make the game more balanced without removing any content.

Game fixed.

Agree with everything besides 4 and 5. They will not lower eva/def card percentages. Its just not going to happen. They also will not touch slot armors.

But 1-3 are very good suggestions.

gnosis22
September 15th, 2009, 09:26 AM
i do as well ;-;

Lol not going to happen.

Also in regards to a previous post of yours, just because you would quit if they nerfed something (oh wait didn't you already quit?) doesn't mean other people are going to quit.

Seriously, why are there still bcu/pre people posting about their so called "balance" changes which for the most part only take balance to be a "1 versus 1" issue and not a large scale war issue like it is when they don't even play anymore.

omgitsurMom
September 15th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Well echo, How's teh xfer items? Gazer email something for me and when I get it I need to pay him. :3

ArtoriusDivinus
September 15th, 2009, 09:48 AM

BG 86 engine increase: 60
IG/MG/AG 86 engine increase: 30

The first thing that's going to get nerfed for the BG is surely going to be that engine, and hopefully they'll get rid of BMM and Turnaround, which I do believe SHOULD be IG specific..

EchoSaviour
September 15th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Btw ebra, I played neosteam before atlus grabbed it so I'm well aware of it's game mechanics =P.

I used to run around with a tinkerer and galvanist, both at lvl 65 with maxed out crafting so I am quite familiar with the game.

AIexanderp
September 15th, 2009, 10:10 AM
echo any word on the windows 7 compatibility?

we think its the hackshield vs windows 7

a punishment worse than 20 beans and no membership?

OH GOD

Mike Cosgrove
September 15th, 2009, 10:13 AM
EchoSaviour;4707']
I used to run around with a tinkerer and galvanist, both at lvl 65 with maxed out crafting so I am quite familiar with the game.

Slightly off-topic, but I hated everybody who joined the "fantasy" side in that game. IT'S A FREAKING STEAMPUNK MMO WITH MUSKETS AND ROBOTS AND GEARS AND COGS. AND WHAT DO YOU DO? JOINT THE CLICHE MAGIC AND ROBES AND WIZARD HAT FACTION.

Tinkerer > *

Gimpy
September 15th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Slightly off-topic, but I hated everybody who joined the "fantasy" side in that game. IT'S A FREAKING STEAMPUNK MMO WITH MUSKETS AND ROBOTS AND GEARS AND COGS. AND WHAT DO YOU DO? JOINT THE CLICHE MAGIC AND ROBES AND WIZARD HAT FACTION.

Tinkerer > *

I read it as twinker, and had to read it again :V

Also, I put on my robe and wizard hat

Monkeynucleosis
September 15th, 2009, 10:18 AM

Lol. Have fun reading the following wall of text.....

*Takes deep breath for the epic wall that ensues*

So much testing and messing with the configuration of the server itself would
have to be done. Some possibilities are that maybe when you switch a gear
over to the other server, it'll just be a level 1 gear with nothing on it. Or maybe
it'll be the same level with nothing on it. Maybe it just decides not to transfer
at all, and you have Gina talking to you one time. Things like this that can't be
fixed so easily make it so its more trouble than its actually worth for the time
being. In addition, Suba would have to talk this over with Masang, Yedang,
etc., which in turn would have to talk to the other publishers, so as to prevent
this version from becoming unique compared to the others, and to keep
players from other versions from migrating to this one. If they all migrate to
this one for its uniqueness:

1) The lag you're experiencing now might just become permanent.

2) Other versions would lose so much money so quickly its not even funny.

3) Masang, Yedang, etc., would have to answer to so many angry publishers,
that it'll be even less funny than 2.

4) Imagine the WarChat spam of all the different languages of the world D:!!
No one would be able to get a point across.

5) Everyone would resort to their
own form chat, brig chat, etc., making this community even less connected,
thus, less controllable due to increase in trolling, flaming, etc. That's exactly
the opposite of what they want or need atm.

6) More GMs would need to be hired.
Hence, more costs for Suba, and Wicked Interactive.

7) More safe zones would
have to be added for grinding, causing more stress to the servers, which would
mean more money spent on maintenance, and additions.

8) The mess this would make for GMs having to manage this manually until
they make an automatic method of gear transfers would be insane. Think the
arena has problems? Its because of the cross server activity that it has to do.

On top of everything, developers would have to redo a bunch of stuff. Thus,
publishers, as well as Masang, Yedang, etc., would have to cough up a bunch
of extra money. This would mean possible increases in prices of cash goods.
That in turn would lead to a lot of quitting. Sales plummet. Game no longer
has a steady income of funds. It becomes unaffordable. Service Closed.
Thanks.

So this particular thing won't happen any time soon IMO..

//Edit: But this version wouldn't become unique. Meaning it would cost every
publisher quite a bit of money. In the end, it doesn't work out for anyone.
Not right now at least.

Gimpy
September 15th, 2009, 10:21 AM

over to the other server, it'll just be a level 1 gear with nothing on it. Or maybe
it'll be the same level with nothing on it. Maybe it just decides not to transfer
at all, and you have Gina talking to you one time. Things like this that can't be
fixed so easily make it so its more trouble than its actually worth for the time
being. In addition, Suba would have to talk this over with Masang, Yedang,
etc., which in turn would have to talk to the other publishers, so as to prevent
this version from becoming unique compared to the others, and to keep
players from other versions from migrating to this one. If they all migrate to
this one for its uniqueness:

thus, less controllable due to increase in trolling, flaming, etc. That's exactly

7) More safe zones would

On top of everything, developers would have to redo a bunch of stuff. Thus,
publishers, as well as Masang, Yedang, etc., would have to cough up a bunch
of extra money. This would mean possible increases in prices of cash goods.
That in turn would lead to a lot of quitting. Sales plummet. Game no longer
has a steady income of funds. It becomes unaffordable. Service Closed.
Thanks.

So this particular thing won't happen any time soon IMO..

//Edit: But this version wouldn't become unique. Meaning it would cost every
publisher quite a bit of money. In the end, it doesn't work out for anyone.
Not right now at least.

teal deer.

Leo_Wavathar
September 15th, 2009, 10:27 AM

The first thing that's going to get nerfed for the BG is surely going to be that engine, and hopefully they'll get rid of BMM and Turnaround, which I do believe SHOULD be IG specific..

Now, for real... c'mon? Is it all that hard to see the problem here? And people STILL defend it saying it's not broken.
It's not even just broken, it's WRONG.
There's no reason so B-gs get a 60 speed upgrade and other gears get only 30...

Ok, now. If someone say something reasonable defending this 60 > 30 stuff I swear I'll never again complain about it.

B-gs get 60. Others get 30. WHY?

Monkeynucleosis
September 15th, 2009, 10:28 AM
teal deer.

*eyes tear up a bit*

You like them too....?

*Begins to cry*

I thought I was the only one!! D;

*Pulls out Teal Deer Beanie Baby*

What do you mean by 'teal deer.'? o.O

Gimpy
September 15th, 2009, 10:28 AM
bgs have lower engine speeds than ig.
bgs are stuck with 460 till 86, whereas igs can get 500 as early as 34, not to mention they get 530 at 86

Monkeynucleosis
September 15th, 2009, 10:29 AM

Now, for real... c'mon? Is it all that hard to see the problem here? And people STILL defend it saying it's not broken.

Ok, now. If someone say something reasonable defending this 60 > 30 stuff I swear I'll never again complain about it.

Lol seems like a troll if you ask me :p

Gimpy
September 15th, 2009, 10:29 AM

*eyes tear up a bit*

You like them too....?

*Begins to cry*

I thought I was the only one!! D;

*Pulls out Teal Deer Beanie Baby*

What do you mean by 'teal deer.'? o.O

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=teal+deer

Monkeynucleosis
September 15th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I should've known..... >.>

My walls are too long. I should really
figure out a way to summarize these things.....

If only there was something that I could insert all my text to,
and have it spew out only the key points. Like spark notes >.>

Leo_Wavathar
September 15th, 2009, 10:44 AM
bgs are stuck with 460 till 86, whereas igs can get 500 as early as 34, not to mention they get 530 at 86

It's not a reason to explain why B-gears gain 60ms and the othersgain 30ms.

ArtoriusDivinus
September 15th, 2009, 10:46 AM

Point invalid, IG is supposed to be fast.

Gimpy
September 15th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Yes it is. They have lower engine speeds for a longer period, and even then igs surpass them at 86 anyway.

As far as I'm concerned, if they have to grind to 86 just to get anything above a 460 speed engine, then they deserve the 520.

Any other gears get their fastest sub-86 engine as early as 34(50 for mx or ax).

bgs are stuck with 460 on EVERY fast engine till 86

Alexander
September 15th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Point invalid, IG is supposed to be fast.

this

pfft.

AIexanderp
September 15th, 2009, 10:48 AM
86 b-gear here:

catching pre 86 i-gears is pipseasy just zoomandboom

catching pre 86 b-gears is just lolboom

nerf 86 engine by 30ms justice for i-gears

b-gears should keep ta bmm but only have the 25s/30s cooldown version wheras i-gears go down to 15s at 80

Gimpy
September 15th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Nerf the engine down to 490 and they're basically back on par with level 27 igs...

Not to mention speed carded missiles will no longer have ANY trouble catching up to them

Leo_Wavathar
September 15th, 2009, 10:51 AM
86 b-gear here:

catching pre 86 i-gears is pipseasy just zoomandboom

catching pre 86 b-gears is just lolboom

nerf 86 engine by 30ms justice for i-gears

b-gears should keep ta bmm but only have the 25s/30s cooldown version wheras i-gears go down to 15s at 80

Now I admire Tomcat because of his wisdom and justice sense. o/
Well, this is it. This seems fair. Then, ok.

And... BAI , time to college. I'll be back at 525 to ca- o wait :cool:

Gimpy
September 15th, 2009, 10:53 AM
level 70 ta/bmm is 20 seconds. Been that way as long as I can remember for both gears(excluding the new level 80 version for igs)

In other words, if it's not broken, don't fix it.
The devs seem to enjoy doing that it seems... Something's not broken, they fix it, and it breaks

FenderJazz
September 15th, 2009, 12:04 PM

Tenpole. The third server is/was called Tenpole. We saw it briefly just over a year ago when this was first released.

As for the lol balance issue, the B-Gear engine is really fast but probably doesn't need too crazy of a nerf. In fact, if it's possible Masang/Suba/whoever could release patches which tweak its speed and various other things that people think broken in gradual little bits to see which is the most effective change that makes it less powerful but not completely useless.

Shuffl3z
September 15th, 2009, 01:25 PM
EchoSaviour;4707']Btw ebra, I played neosteam before atlus grabbed it so I'm well aware of it's game mechanics =P.

eh i am lvl 66 warden now ;p and i was just putting out some points that i liked it in that game :3.

.................................................. .............................

it seems u haven't tryed NS or gunz .

some of ur points r right and the other r wrong.

i don't have the free time now to explain it but maybe later =P

even with the 520 m's engine and RD +chaffs and mg buffs and god charm also def build . BG would still die /post

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
September 15th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I'm an 86 BG, the engine is retardedly OP. Nerf it to 490, or nerf bawoo prob to 75% base.

BUT ONLY

if LegendBS's are modified in some way.

Don't just half fix the game, do the full fix.

Monkeynucleosis
September 15th, 2009, 01:53 PM
eh i am lvl 66 warden now ;p and i was just putting out some points that i liked it in that game :3.

it seems u haven't tryed NS or gunz .

some of ur points r right and the other r wrong.

i don't have the free time now to explain it but maybe later =P

I'll be looking forward to it ;)

gnosis22
September 15th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Nerf the engine down to 490 and they're basically back on par with level 27 igs...

Not to mention speed carded missiles will no longer have ANY trouble catching up to them

Thats why bgays have the dozens of survivability skills :rolleyes:

The engine nerf IS going to happen. So those who are 86 and want to keep the 520 engine should start grinding up to lvl 94 now. The engine nerf has already happened in the other versions. Its really only a matter of time (and is very logically explained, unless of course you want the 86 ig engine to go 560 then be my guest).

The 520 engine for bgears is honestly the dumbest thing ever. Why not just give 86 I-gears full chaffs and invis oh wait.

BMM and TA should also have their cooldown nerfed for bgays.

IMPORTANT EDIT: Why the hell are you QQ'ing if you're not even playing anymore D:

Shuffl3z
September 15th, 2009, 02:09 PM
I'll be looking forward to it ;)

alright , since i don't have anything to do now and NS got maintenance welp ill explain it to u.

as wot i said , there would be 2 servers , so if u got lagg u could just go to the other 1.

wot does that to do with this? i said it to be server in canada as well exept that there is gona be 2 servers and it hold ur same charcter/gear

same ansower as 2

same ansower as the above.

yes this is a little a bit of truth but the brig's would alwayes be at the server where there is most PvP is going on.

i don't think so , They would just need Mod to handle things out ingame like in NS.

7) More safe zones would
no need for that .

Yes i know , but if it happen it would be so oh ****ing good.
i think that is all wot i can say for now.

gnosis22
September 15th, 2009, 02:11 PM
even with the 520 m's engine and RD +chaffs and mg buffs and god charm also def build . BG would still one hit 86+ i-gears, survive longer in war, and QQ about anything that would bring them down to a more even playing field /post

Fixed for ya

And seriously, grinding to 94 on a bgay is a trivial feat really.

Shuffl3z
September 15th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Thats why bgays have the dozens of survivability skills :rolleyes:

IMPORTANT EDIT: Why the hell are you QQ'ing if you're not even playing anymore D:

who? (welp)

Redrock98
September 15th, 2009, 02:18 PM
one things that you guys are forgetting
mgears and agears will also get faster by a little enough to dodge normal arrows
while the bgear will eventually get its 86 engine nerfed

just wait when the lolercoaster happens

gnosis22
September 15th, 2009, 02:20 PM
who? (welp)

You of course ;)

If someone is just going to hop on every now and then and not play regularly (or heaven forbid help support the game through credit purchases) they have no business making arguments for or against any sort of balance changes.

There has seriously been this fad lately of people either getting banned, rage deleting their gears, making goodbye posts about how they are no longer going to play, and then magically appear to make arguments for balance changes in a game they supposedly don't even play anymore.

This plays into the community thing, I have never in my life seen so much e-drama from a community before ever. You could make a soap opera out of the stuff that happens here.

If someone is going to play, great! Continue playing the more the merrier, but don't make comments about how they are not playing any more but this and this and this and this needs to be fixed. Holy **** I honestly feel like a ****ing 12 year old girl spreading gossip about how that jenny kissed jimmy on the play ground and now jenny has coodies because boys have coodies we can't play with jenny anymore she has coodies.

Shuffl3z
September 15th, 2009, 02:24 PM
You of course ;)

If someone is just going to hop on every now and then and not play regularly (or heaven forbid help support the game through credit purchases) they have no business making arguments for or against any sort of balance changes.

There has seriously been this fad lately of people either getting banned, rage deleting their gears, making goodbye posts about how they are no longer going to play, and then magically appear to make arguments for balance changes in a game they supposedly don't even play anymore.

This plays into the community thing, I have never in my life seen so much e-drama from a community before ever. You could make a soap opera out of the stuff that happens here.

I
lol i don't play my BG anymore , if u did c my BG on then that means some 1 else. and i don't QQ i just put on my opinions after playing this game for a year and playing all kind of gears (i even played proxy gear the lvl 92 AG.) so i know how it is =p

gnosis22
September 15th, 2009, 02:28 PM
lol i don't play my BG anymore , if u did c my BG on then that means some 1 else. and i don't QQ i just put on my opinions after playing this game for a year and playing all kind of gears (i even played proxy gear the lvl 92 AG.) so i know how it is =p

Fine, then

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3217/3015062728_6b27f9a6ae.jpg

Don't say you don't play the game and continue posting. If you don't play a game anymore it means you don't like it anymore. Why remain active in a community if you quit the game?

Better yet, just say "I am taking a break until my demands are met and until they are I am going to make lots of posts outlining specifically what must occur in order for me to play again".

Redrock98
September 15th, 2009, 02:29 PM

then you have no business in posting your ideas your Logic is outdated and only goes for your own self being and not for the health and prosperity of this community
you quit so your opinion is no longer valid when it comes to gameplay changes since you no longer know the current game status.
If you cant understand this then you i don't know your don't have common sense which this community lacked during the past early months.

Refrain from being ignorant and it will do wonders for everyone and mostly you.

gnosis22
September 15th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Ebra, I should have added:

Please do come back, but until you seriously come back and play on a semi regular basis don't post.

This e-drama makes baby jesus cry.

Shuffl3z
September 15th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Fine, then

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/321

Don't say you don't play the game and continue posting. If you don't play a game anymore it means you don't like it anymore. Why remain active in a community if you quit the game?

Better yet, just say "I am taking a break until my demands are met and until they are I am going to make lots of posts outlining specifically what must occur in order for me to play again".

i just sorta out opinions coz i liked the gameplay of the game and trying to help it out even if i am not playing it . i am that kind of persons that u don't know xP

e: dw gnosis , u wont c my name inforums after some days for like 6months or so

Redrock98
September 15th, 2009, 02:33 PM
i just sorta out opinions coz i liked the gameplay of the game and trying to help it out even if i am not playing it . i am that kind of persons that u don't know xP

you still type and contradict yourself man
YOU NEED TO PLAY TO KNOW HOW GAME CHANGES AFFECT GAMPLAY SO YOU HAVE A VALID REASON TO HOLD AN OPINION THAT IS ABOUT GAMEPLAY and how to tweak it
TLDR
You cant hold opinons its like a old sco player QQINg about the game and not playing the current incarnation of this game
so he/she has no rigth to hold a opinion on gameplay changes since its been changed and the person is not playing anymore

Shuffl3z
September 15th, 2009, 02:35 PM
you still type and contradict yourself man
YOU NEED TO PLAY TO KNOW HOW GAME CHANGES AFFECT GAMPLAY SO YOU HAVE A VALID REASON TO HOLD AN OPINION THAT IS ABOUT GAMEPLAY SINCE YOU ARE CURRENTLY PLAYING

i do have some 1 that tells me wot happen ingame even if i am not ;p

gnosis22
September 15th, 2009, 02:37 PM

e: dw gnosis , u wont c my name inforums after some days for like 6months or so

If you liked the gameplay, that means you like the game. If you like the game, that means you intend to one day play again, especially if you like to help people out with the game.

If you intend to play again, why did you make a "I am quitting the game forevar goodbye" post on the old forums?

Instead, of saying you quit, say "I am taking a break".

This is very relevant to this thread as one of the main subjects was the state of the community and the biggest thing I see right now are the people who supposedly quit/banned/rage deleted etc still posting to intentionally cause e-drama.

JKRevan
September 15th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Regarding the server..

there was going to be a 3rd server, it was called dolce, but Subagames couldnt find a Purple server rack, so no 3rd server... xD

As for BGs.. BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN, beyond belief..

they get TWO 30 m/s increases, lv 85 engine go 490, lv 86 go 520... wtf??

bawoo damage, those engines and reduce damage should be nerfed to oblivion

Shuffl3z
September 15th, 2009, 02:43 PM
If you liked the gameplay, that means you like the game. If you like the game, that means you intend to one day play again, especially if you like to help people out with the game.

If you intend to play again, why did you make a "I am quitting the game forevar goodbye" post on the old forums?

This is very relevant to this thread as one of the main subjects was the state of the community and the biggest thing I see right now are the people who supposedly quit/banned/rage deleted etc still posting to intentionally cause e-drama.

i would of have said that if i was able to play the game again, but i got some stuff that don't let me play this game and i can't tell u about it ,well most of it is to get my focus on the University .

Redrock98
September 15th, 2009, 02:44 PM

Just a bunch of evolutionary dead ends that spread ignorance and BAWING for their loss and making themselves a big deal that's something that we don't need.
No more shenanigans there old and futile and spread ignorance not the mention make the OP's like 10 year olds raging about their loss and trying to get people to feel sorry for them.
I ask those who do this
I ask you Is it worth it?

VladTheImplier
September 15th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Just nerf Bgears without nerfing leg smashes and see how many ppl is going to ragequit (or grind an agear).

gnosis22
September 15th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Just nerf Bgears without nerfing leg smashes and see how many ppl is going to ragequit (or grind an agear).

But if they nerf leg smashes, that means they have to nerf the other legend standards or give a big boost to legend bundles.

JKRevan
September 15th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Nerf BS prob to 90% then, Im 100% for that change as well..

but if a Nerf is made on BSes, a buff MUST BE DONE on leg supremes and Jackhammers

diversity peeps, diversity...

VladTheImplier
September 15th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Masang NEVER nerfs anything, they just counter it with something even more broken. (See: 15 secs barrier, leg bigsmash)

Nwah
September 15th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Masang NEVER nerfs anything, they just counter it with something even more broken. (See: 15 secs barrier, leg bigsmash)

So therefore instead of nerfing the 86 b gear engine, they just raise all other 86 engines by 30 ms.

Redrock98
September 15th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Nerf BS prob to 90% then, Im 100% for that change as well..

but if a Nerf is made on BSes, a buff MUST BE DONE on leg supremes and Jackhammers

diversity peeps, diversity...

bigsmashes need a nerf in distance though and some nerfs in attack gains
one of the few weapons that has a LG bigsmash similar damage gains is a Useless LG tongpha which is retarted and usefull only on Mgears -_-

sounds like a great idea to improve distance on those weapons and damage
jackhammers and supremes need an overhaul
also to tweak the Reduce damage rigth now its reducing BB damage which is LOL

Nwah
September 15th, 2009, 02:52 PM
one of the few weapons that has a LG bigsmash similar damage gains is a Useless LG tongpha which is retarted and usefull only on Mgears -_-

Leg hammerheads get huge increases as well. Even at baal, a legend hammerhead has more damage than hyperon as well as more prob.

VladTheImplier
September 15th, 2009, 02:55 PM

also to tweak the Reduce damage rigth now its reducing BB damage which is LOL
wat

10byte

Redrock98
September 15th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Leg hammerheads get huge increases as well. Even at baal, a legend hammerhead has more damage than hyperon as well as more prob. i see but its mostly weapons people dont normally use
and the speed gains are negligible but tongphas get a better damage rate And speed than their normal counterparts

wat

10byte
im not so sure .___. but we have seen the damage get reduced hell we even tested it out on our brig members
its just plain ridiculous
migth be a bug though were not so sure

Nwah
September 15th, 2009, 02:57 PM
i see but its mostly weapons people dont normally use
and the speed gains are negligible but tongphas get a better damage rate And speed than their normal counterparts

Hmmm leg RA hammerheads are VERY useful. Mine 2 shots in atus, with -34% RA at baal. It also is great to zerk with.

Redrock98
September 15th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Hmmm leg RA hammerheads are VERY useful. Mine 2 shots in atus, with -34% RA at baal. It also is great to zerk with.

there alright for grinding or zerking the **** out of something stationary

Nwah
September 15th, 2009, 03:09 PM
there alright for grinding or zerking the **** out of something stationary

Thats exactly what their purpose is. Grinding/farming/zerking. You make sparrows if you want to war.

Redrock98
September 15th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Thats exactly what their purpose is. Grinding/farming/zerking. You make sparrows if you want to war.

since i a mgear i have speed/ra/prob tongphas :p
sparrows are for igears
unless its fixed in a way that a mgear can use it then more power to sparrows
anyways i don't use sparrows since the people i normally kill are the ones who try to circle fight and ****
situation changes with mgears often you see them chase people (during battles and skirmishes not base or ms's) when they should just hold some ground and taunt people into attacking them
while supporting your form of course or prepare for a gatecamp when the fight is nearing its end

NovaVortex
September 15th, 2009, 03:50 PM
ACE Online is a great game. There had been players following through ACE and its past variants up till this date since SCO (Space Cowboy) days. It is truly a game one-of-its-kind and no other game can replace ACE. So why isnt it doing as good as it should be? Why is the community detrimental to the potential of the game? By "Potential", i think it is referring to "Profit". The reason is very simple.

#1. Lack of Newbie Support. Back in SCO days, when i new player logs in, he logs in right smack into BCU town. He sees all the fanciful marks, sees the shops, sees the bustling community and thinks, this must be a cool game, i will spend some time to learn it. Now in ACE Online, a new player logs in, sees a ghost deserted town (Freeska) populated by only few other newbies. If he wants to ask questions, there's no one around to help because everyone around is a noob. If he doesnt explore the interface, he wont get to read the GM letter and wonders for god's sake why is he playing a game not much people playing and doesnt know that at level 11, he will get to choose a side. He finds all the leveling pointless and gives up before reaching lvl 10.

Solution: since the devs made it this way, the only things GMs can do is to create an automated message (much like those stating trade shop rules) in freeska and stone ruins, that says something like "Welcome to ACE Online. If you are a new player, please check out the GM letter within Community > Letter at the bottom right of the interface" or "Welcome to ACE Online. If you are a new player, please know that you will only be able to choose a nation at level 11 to join for war"

#2. Game Balance: Newbies. If the game is imbalanced, people get frustrated (for weaker side) or bored (for stronger side) and increase the chances of leaving/ragequitting while decreasing the tendency to spend credit on an imbalanced game (weak-this game is f**ked, i am not spending anymore on it) (strong-we are already winning, there's no need to spend more to get stronger). Balance is the main problem facing ACE Online right now. Back to SCO days again, newbies log into BCU. This somehow balances the game because newbies get a chance to interact with BCU players before choosing their side, reinforcing some relationships before their decision. The way the Decision dialogue box is written, it is biased towards ANI, being the cool rebels. This causes more newbies to join ANI. Tax of 1%, wtf is that? anyway its only 1%, i doubt it will affect much.

Solution: What GMs can do is to tweak with the tax rate (if possible). The best case is when the game can calucate how many on each side logs in within the last week (to weed out the inactive players), and their associated rank (to weed out the alternate gears) for weighted calculations. Give more weight to Heroes, Wing Commanders and Top Guns; and then recalculate the tax rate from there, would be the most fair. But this job is left for the devs. If possible, GMs should tweak the Tax rate to the order of 20%, 40%, 60% and so on... to have any effect on the balance.

#3. Game Balance: Gameplay. The situation now is, the game makes the Strong side stronger and the Weak side weaker. Think of arena, stronger side gets more WPs to buy better equipment. Think of MS, stronger/winning side gets more energy/shield/SP regen bonus to make them stronger. Though it is a good incentive for people to do their best in war, something more can be done about balance.

Solution: Again i will focus on the GMs way to make it more fair,since devs take a long time. Instead of transferring players to the other nation, keep them in their nation unless transfer is strongly requested. It makes everyone happy. What GMs can do is give the weaker side more of the 525. For example, strong side gets 4 stealth cards, weak side gets 5. Over time, it will induce a balance. To identify the stronger nation, just look at the NCP and the last 10 SPs/MS/Outpost results

These are just some suggestions from my point of view. Any positive or negative comments are welcome

Redrock98
September 15th, 2009, 04:05 PM
ACE Online is a great game. There had been players following through ACE and its past variants up till this date since SCO (Space Cowboy) days. It is truly a game one-of-its-kind and no other game can replace ACE. So why isnt it doing as good as it should be? Why is the community detrimental to the potential of the game? By "Potential", i think it is referring to "Profit". The reason is very simple.

#1. Lack of Newbie Support. Back in SCO days, when i new player logs in, he logs in right smack into BCU town. He sees all the fanciful marks, sees the shops, sees the bustling community and thinks, this must be a cool game, i will spend some time to learn it. Now in ACE Online, a new player logs in, sees a ghost deserted town (Freeska) populated by only few other newbies. If he wants to ask questions, there's no one around to help because everyone around is a noob. If he doesnt explore the interface, he wont get to read the GM letter and wonders for god's sake why is he playing a game not much people playing and doesnt know that at level 11, he will get to choose a side. He finds all the leveling pointless and gives up before reaching lvl 10.

Solution: since the devs made it this way, the only things GMs can do is to create an automated message (much like those stating trade shop rules) in freeska and stone ruins, that says something like "Welcome to ACE Online. If you are a new player, please check out the GM letter within Community > Letter at the bottom right of the interface" or "Welcome to ACE Online. If you are a new player, please know that you will only be able to choose a nation at level 11 to join for war"

#2. Game Balance: Newbies. If the game is imbalanced, people get frustrated (for weaker side) or bored (for stronger side) and increase the chances of leaving/ragequitting while decreasing the tendency to spend credit on an imbalanced game (weak-this game is f**ked, i am not spending anymore on it) (strong-we are already winning, there's no need to spend more to get stronger). Balance is the main problem facing ACE Online right now. Back to SCO days again, newbies log into BCU. This somehow balances the game because newbies get a chance to interact with BCU players before choosing their side, reinforcing some relationships before their decision. The way the Decision dialogue box is written, it is biased towards ANI, being the cool rebels. This causes more newbies to join ANI. Tax of 1%, wtf is that? anyway its only 1%, i doubt it will affect much.

Solution: What GMs can do is to tweak with the tax rate (if possible). The best case is when the game can calucate how many on each side logs in within the last week (to weed out the inactive players), and their associated rank (to weed out the alternate gears) for weighted calculations. Give more weight to Heroes, Wing Commanders and Top Guns; and then recalculate the tax rate from there, would be the most fair. But this job is left for the devs. If possible, GMs should tweak the Tax rate to the order of 20%, 40%, 60% and so on... to have any effect on the balance.

#3. Game Balance: Gameplay. The situation now is, the game makes the Strong side stronger and the Weak side weaker. Think of arena, stronger side gets more WPs to buy better equipment. Think of MS, stronger/winning side gets more energy/shield/SP regen bonus to make them stronger. Though it is a good incentive for people to do their best in war, something more can be done about balance.

Solution: Again i will focus on the GMs way to make it more fair,since devs take a long time. Instead of transferring players to the other nation, keep them in their nation unless transfer is strongly requested. It makes everyone happy. What GMs can do is give the weaker side more of the 525. For example, strong side gets 4 stealth cards, weak side gets 5. Over time, it will induce a balance. To identify the stronger nation, just look at the NCP and the last 10 SPs/MS/Outpost results

These are just some suggestions from my point of view. Any positive or negative comments are welcome

i can see that your post is well thougth out but i have to disagree with the item changes for 5:25
i was here during closed and open beta
In prelude where most of the mistakes were made during the first few months one of them was handing out the losing side more items
this can be abused fairly easy and to put into context bcu in prelude during the initial first few months the bcu were given enough exp caps enough to get 50%-70% or a full level.
here is the thing it can be abused and it also proved another thing my friend

No amount of items or transfers or anything of that nature can fix things
its only those who are willing to stick out and grind and learn better pvp skills and realizing that its not a brigade that makes a nation strong
its the people in the nation willing to self sacrifice themselves for the betterment of their nation

basically after the damage was done the gms gave Ani prelude a simple awnser with silence and we quickly knew what their silence ment

we skrewed up thus were no longer doing "tweaks" to cause imbalence

it may sound cliche but it goes like this
"god only helps those who helps themselves"
which basically proves that its solid will of a persons intentions or a groups to
rise up and pick up themselves and learn teamwork.
We had to face the goons in prelude to make things worse.
anyways NEVAR FORGET and remeber doing things for the wrong reasons will backfire and hurt you more moreso than your enemies
this is what happened to wm as an example

why BAWWW when you can do so much more

JKRevan
September 15th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Well, transfers do help... But they have to be done slowly, lest they have a greater than intended impact.

i myself was xferred from BCU art to ANI art, as was a few other fellows, the balance is the same? yes, but ANI started winning some things too, I make a difference? Maybe not, but It improves ppl spirits

Redrock98
September 15th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Well, transfers do help... But they have to be done slowly, lest they have a greater than intended impact.

i myself was xferred from BCU art to ANI art, as was a few other fellows, the balance is the same? yes, but ANI started winning some things too, I make a difference? Maybe not, but It improves ppl spirits

Im in for individual transfers but its retarded if your transferring a fairly unstable person with unclear intentions i guess what im saying is to basically make it easy to transfer "known" people but not those who are "unknown"

VladTheImplier
September 15th, 2009, 04:25 PM
^ walls of text

Leo_Wavathar
September 15th, 2009, 04:27 PM

You RAISED MAH SPIRIT CUZ YOU'RE BR, MENG! Okay?! o/

=D

Gimpy
September 15th, 2009, 04:28 PM

You transferred after I did. I bet you heard I kept all my stuff :V

ArtoriusDivinus
September 15th, 2009, 04:33 PM
i can see that your post is well thougth out but i have to disagree with the item changes for 5:25
i was here during closed and open beta
In prelude where most of the mistakes were made during the first few months one of them was handing out the losing side more items
this can be abused fairly easy and to put into context bcu in prelude during the initial first few months the bcu were given enough exp caps enough to get 50%-70% or a full level.
here is the thing it can be abused and it also proved another thing my friend

No amount of items or transfers or anything of that nature can fix things
its only those who are willing to stick out and grind and learn better pvp skills and realizing that its not a brigade that makes a nation strong
its the people in the nation willing to self sacrifice themselves for the betterment of their nation

basically after the damage was done the gms gave Ani prelude a simple awnser with silence and we quickly knew what their silence ment

we skrewed up thus were no longer doing "tweaks" to cause imbalence

it may sound cliche but it goes like this
"god only helps those who helps themselves"
which basically proves that its solid will of a persons intentions or a groups to
rise up and pick up themselves and learn teamwork.
We had to face the goons in prelude to make things worse.
anyways NEVAR FORGET and remeber doing things for the wrong reasons will backfire and hurt you more moreso than your enemies
this is what happened to wm as an example

why BAWWW when you can do so much more

tl;dr: BCU got transfers, free bosses, free goldies, exp caps, few months later ANI loses worse then BCU ever had, ANI get's...... nothing.

Redrock98
September 15th, 2009, 04:37 PM
tl;dr: BCU got transfers, free bosses, free goldies, exp caps, few months later ANI loses worse then BCU ever had, ANI get's...... nothing.
now now but we rose up and found out the interesting dilemma we were all in
we were people who were separated but now are working together and thats something a gm cant do like in most games
well they can but because were all human it may backfire :/

EchoSaviour
September 15th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Problem with the GM giving stuff to one nation isnt' so much the system, it's the time GM's have.

In our case, as the population grew, the more effort had to be done to keep things going smoothly, which also meant less in-game time. It even reached the point where one server started to drag the GM time as a whole. That system requires the GM's to be constantly monitor the war situation. Also we only hire on-site GM's, so throwing the idea of volunteers won't be considered.

So suffice to say, although many things sound great in paper and/or in practice, there are also many drawbacks or flaws to some things.

ITZYABOI
September 15th, 2009, 04:42 PM
now now but we rose up and found out the interesting dilemma we were all in
we were people who were separated but now are working together and thats something a gm or the help that Gm brings cant do :p

your signature is actually really funny.

no sarcasm intended I actually laughed for a minute.

ON TOPIC:
ACE STATUS

L1onn
September 15th, 2009, 04:43 PM

Wow, gay. Seriously? :|

Redrock98
September 15th, 2009, 04:50 PM
your signature is actually really funny.

no sarcasm intended I actually laughed for a minute.

ON TOPIC:
ACE STATUS

why thank you hynpnoravetoad

ITZYABOI
September 15th, 2009, 04:53 PM
why thank you hynpnoravetoad

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j122/robizbr/emot-tinfoil.gif

JKRevan
September 15th, 2009, 04:55 PM
You transferred after I did. I bet you heard I kept all my stuff :V
So did I, and Lycann, and Zpot, and a few others

FortunePaw
September 15th, 2009, 05:03 PM
EchoSaviour;5094']Problem with the GM giving stuff to one nation isnt' so much the system, it's the time GM's have.

In our case, as the population grew, the more effort had to be done to keep things going smoothly, which also meant less in-game time. It even reached the point where one server started to drag the GM time as a whole. That system requires the GM's to be constantly monitor the war situation. Also we only hire on-site GM's, so throwing the idea of volunteers won't be considered.

So suffice to say, although many things sound great in paper and/or in practice, there are also many drawbacks or flaws to some things.

Echo, please check your pm about my reply.

Gimpy
September 15th, 2009, 05:49 PM
So did I, and Lycann, and Zpot, and a few others

I know you and lycann did. I was talking to lycann before your agay was renamed

user_### :V

heh, they oughta transfer rush and blair for a week

Mike Cosgrove
September 15th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Also we only hire on-site GM's, so throwing the idea of volunteers won't be considered.

Damn. You should reconsider that policy, especially as the game grows.

Gimpy
September 15th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Damn. You should reconsider that policy, especially as the game grows.

>volunteer gms
>airrivals.

FortunePaw
September 15th, 2009, 10:33 PM
>volunteer gms
>airrivals.

...that spawn bishop red in town, epic lulz.

Shuffl3z
September 15th, 2009, 10:35 PM
there should be Mod ingame~

Leo_Wavathar
September 15th, 2009, 10:38 PM
THIS GAME - IS - DA BEST EVA! ! ! 1 !

http://www.subagames.com/ViewFlashGame.aspx?gameid=48

Suba Lite ftw! \o/
Yeah, it's off-topic! \o/

gnosis22
September 15th, 2009, 10:38 PM
there should be Mod ingame~

Leader has nation mutes = problem solved

Shuffl3z
September 15th, 2009, 10:41 PM

aka Mod ingame means more Events IMO.

VladTheImplier
September 15th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Sob muted me on 6 different gears so yea

Gimpy
September 15th, 2009, 11:10 PM

And showed me the aftermath

Like half of lnd got muted :V

Mike Cosgrove
September 15th, 2009, 11:35 PM
>volunteer gms
>airrivals.

GM's with restricted powers, or just the ability to observe and not touch. They could do lower key tasks or more mundane work so the paid GM's can do more important things.

Shuffl3z
September 15th, 2009, 11:37 PM
GM's with restricted powers, or just the ability to observe and not touch. They could do lower key tasks or more mundane work so the paid GM's can do more important things.

if they r gona make Mod's ingame i would vote for u :3

Mike Cosgrove
September 16th, 2009, 01:35 AM
I would probably have to decline it, I don't have nearly as much free time as I did during the summer.

KingTraffickerLH
September 16th, 2009, 02:06 AM

He muted me on all of uboas gears and all of my gears. i match you with 6 :V

~Wall of text ensues~
Mutes should = IP based

Problem solved with trolls who have access to multiple accounts :P
Only problem would be getting that to actually work.

Proposed Ideas:
1: Nerf smash's prob to 85.10% [base of a leg arrow, shouldn't be higher than that imo].

2: Nerf normal woo's prob to 74.90 [normal arrows base prob]

3: Make legend bawoos ACTUALLY USEFUL. They get a double speed increase [almost pointless] and damage nerfed beyond belief. You have to get it back to Belrial [lawl lim's proxy woo] just to be decent damage. If normal woo's prob gets nerfed to 74, have the prob on a legend woo go up to 85 and increase the damage by a shyt ton to make them ACTUALLY worth it
(I highly doubt 3 will happen, but just throwing it out there)

4: Nerf 86 engine if possible [other versions HAVE patch notes of it happening ebra, quit your whining]. If not, increase every other gears 86 engine by 30 MS [suggested by someone in here, forgot who]. VOILA, problem solved.
(The people who would rage quit because of this are people who wouldn't take the time to learn the gear and just level straight to 86 because of the ease of leveling here :D COUGHCOUGH JOHNWAYNE COUGHCOUGH]

5: Add new arena modes :V Do something like:
-24v24
-Destroy the base [Bgears would dominate, but they already do anyway]
-CTF
-ANYTHING BESIDES TDM

6:Mgears need some kind of increase. Exp from form doubled possibly or give them some sort of cont. fire skill

TL;DR

Nerf leg smashs, Nerf woos, Buff Leg woos, Nerf BG 86 eng, or buff other 86 eng's, New arena modes pl0x, Mgears need a buff.

(inb4 ebra QQing)

fdsafdsa
September 16th, 2009, 02:21 AM
He muted me on all of uboas gears and all of my gears. i match you with 6 :V

~Wall of text ensues~
Mutes should = IP based

Problem solved with trolls who have access to multiple accounts :P
Only problem would be getting that to actually work.

Proposed Ideas:
1: Nerf smash's prob to 85.10% [base of a leg arrow, shouldn't be higher than that imo].

2: Nerf normal woo's prob to 74.90 [normal arrows base prob]

4: Nerf 86 engine if possible [other versions HAVE patch notes of it happening ebra, quit your whining]. If not, increase every other gears 86 engine by 30 MS [suggested by someone in here, forgot who]. VOILA, problem solved.
(The people who would rage quit because of this are people who wouldn't take the time to learn the gear and just level straight to 86 because of the ease of leveling here :D COUGHCOUGH JOHNWAYNE COUGHCOUGH]

(inb4 Fygar QQing)

1. Agreed, now that a gears have prob charms, it makes no sense to keep a 90% prob rate.

2. Yes whole heartedly, do this.

4. No, should that happen, 86 I gears would become an unstoppable force. A gears and m gears would soon have engines BETTER than the X engines and **** would just be plain stupid. I'd nerf the 86 b gear engines and the 94/96 I gear engines while your at it. Because should said b gear engine get the nerf. What's stopping a skilled I gear with a 94 engine?

KingTraffickerLH
September 16th, 2009, 02:41 AM
I know. I completely disagree with the 30 ms increase on all other gears, was just a simple suggestion ^^

Leo_Wavathar
September 16th, 2009, 08:07 AM
86 I gears would become an unstoppable force.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitter_production/profile_images/106320715/Awesome_Face_bigger.png

MAN , it sounds so beautiful. :rolleyes:

* But NO to the 30ms increases. Just nerf B-g engine to 490.

Nwah
September 16th, 2009, 10:44 AM
And showed me the aftermath

Like half of lnd got muted :V

Don't forget about him kicking ALL of LND.

Gimpy
September 16th, 2009, 10:47 AM
ohho :V .

Dx73r
September 16th, 2009, 11:36 AM
EchoSaviour;4254']It's a cash shop item over there.

The conversion to our prices would be something like 34000 SP for the lvl 48.

FFFFFFFF

To expensive for me....

lol