PDA

View Full Version : Contour Contest Follow-Up

Aminority
August 22nd, 2012, 12:25 PM
The contours are ready on Masang's end, they will be sending them over by the end of this week (hopefully). Just wondering if Avorien made any special arrangements with the winners that should be brought to attention, and if the winners have already picked the type of payment for their contours (WP or SP).

Regards,
Aminority

eg87vufhds
August 22nd, 2012, 12:27 PM
I still can't belive my awesome blue defender won't be in here. :(

Lonewolf7191
August 22nd, 2012, 12:32 PM
Aminority;491961']The contours are ready on Masang's end, they will be sending them over by the end of this week (hopefully). Just wondering if Avorien made any special arrangements with the winners that should be brought to attention, and if the winners have already picked the type of payment for their contours (WP or SP).

Regards,
Aminority
Ask the winners? :)

ShrekChrist
August 22nd, 2012, 12:51 PM
Can we have any news about EP4?

The_Black
August 22nd, 2012, 12:54 PM
Avorien;457327']...They will be just contours however, here's an interesting twist, if you are one of the winners you can decide whether or not you want it as a cash shop limited edition or as a WP item.

The winners will be given a free version of their armor and everyone else will either have to spend War points or Suba points depending on what he or she decides...

http://i.imgur.com/XHKpRh.jpg

Warpoints. What would be a reasonable price? I guess something between 10k and 20k?

On the other hand... Do i get royalties if it's for SP? :troll:

Xjmas
August 22nd, 2012, 01:04 PM
Aminority;491961']The contours are ready on Masang's end, they will be sending them over by the end of this week (hopefully). Just wondering if Avorien made any special arrangements with the winners that should be brought to attention, and if the winners have already picked the type of payment for their contours (WP or SP).

Regards,
Aminority

The only Royalty i'm aware of is that whoever made the contour gets one for free.

The_Black
August 22nd, 2012, 01:10 PM
The only Royalty i'm aware of is that whoever made the contour gets one for free.

Well yeah, that's indeed the case. Again... Wp's it shall be.

LazyTriangle
August 22nd, 2012, 02:14 PM
> Mfw, those **** contours coming into AO (Except I-Gear one mang)

http://emotibot.net/pix/6021.jpg

Hawkerace
August 22nd, 2012, 11:31 PM
Only the dead can know peace from this evil.jpg etc etc.

Drake75
August 23rd, 2012, 06:42 AM
> Mfw, those **** contours coming into AO (Except I-Gear one mang)

[img]

Only the dead can know peace from this evil.jpg etc etc.

But... Shooting an ugly contour out of the sky always leaves you with a sense of accomplishment, like being a janitor.

Why all the hate?

MMAXLI
August 23rd, 2012, 08:26 AM
Well above all the newer Gear contours...... i m hoping for a better looking B gear armor.......

So far.......with the 17 teirs of Slot armors, all those normal armors and Boss armors, I only ever liked Breaker Veil and Tackle T.T

Cmon D= I need a awsome looking Bgear armor that would totally make my blood boil as i fly around in it =P

Lexx
August 23rd, 2012, 08:38 AM
Well above all the newer Gear contours...... i m hoping for a better looking B gear armor.......

So far.......with the 17 teirs of Slot armors, all those normal armors and Boss armors, I only ever liked Breaker Veil and Tackle T.T

Cmon D= I need a awsome looking Bgear armor that would totally make my blood boil as i fly around in it =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTSyE1YRkZQ

XornXII
August 23rd, 2012, 08:42 AM
Wish for the Old color shop when you could buy lots of colours for any gear and armor

MMAXLI
August 23rd, 2012, 11:18 AM
Wish for the Old color shop when you could buy lots of colours for any gear and armor

Yes! but they still need to have a good looking Bgear armor....

SparklingStar
August 23rd, 2012, 12:45 PM
GM Aminority, if you want the player who creates the contour to set it for SubaPoint then you should make a deal with them... such as for every 10k cred/contour being sold the creator will get 2k (8-2 ratio). Even though it's less but still better than selling in WP which Suba gets nothing.

And if you want people to buy a massive amount of contour with credits then my opinion is that Suba should give the contours a reasonable price around 7-10k cred/contour.

Although some contours in the list wouldn't be worth to buy with Credit, I think Suba should put those in WP shop to create an environment for non-credit users and levitate the value of WP.

Willplash
August 23rd, 2012, 12:49 PM
ugly contours for SP?

bahahaahahahahahaha

ueahauehuaeheauhuae

Grive
August 23rd, 2012, 01:32 PM

dont u like the blue soul veil??? o.0 Its #@$^! awesome!

Grive
August 23rd, 2012, 01:34 PM
how can u not like this!?

GrandSkyDemon
August 23rd, 2012, 10:09 PM
If they put in the fox contour on a wp shop and put it on a reasonable price, then I will be interested on this game again.xD

Xjmas
August 23rd, 2012, 10:27 PM
If they put in the fox contour on a wp shop and put it on a reasonable price, then I will be interested on this game again.xD

Go push The_Black in the right direction ;)

Lexx
August 24th, 2012, 12:57 AM
I would so totally put that Fox contour on my IG armor.

It's the only contour from the contest I really liked. I am glad it won.

FYI: the contours look a little different in game than they do in the model viewer. They tend to get darker in color and "shiny". Expect them to look a little different in game than they do on the forums.

Arturia Pendragon
August 24th, 2012, 01:41 AM
But... Shooting an ugly contour out of the sky always leaves you with a sense of accomplishment, like being a janitor.

Why all the hate?

I like to keep my eyes intact as much as possible, thanks.

The_Black
August 24th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I would so totally put that Fox contour on my IG armor.

It's the only contour from the contest I really liked. I am glad it won.

FYI: the contours look a little different in game than they do in the model viewer. They tend to get darker in color and "shiny". Expect them to look a little different in game than they do on the forums.

Hmm tbqh it would have been better if we were able to use it as mod in game first to see how it actually looks. But I don't know about a current working patcher for AO. Does it still work in AR? Too late now... But for future events like this.

DeadImpact
August 25th, 2012, 02:19 AM
This contest was fail.. Nothing of value was gained.

Kkid
August 25th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Hmm tbqh it would have been better if we were able to use it as mod in game first to see how it actually looks. But I don't know about a current working patcher for AO. Does it still work in AR? Too late now... But for future events like this.
Agreed, or start 5:25 as a test server to test patches 2-3 days before implementing them on Vatalus.

This contest was fail.. Nothing of value was gained.
I wouldn't say it was a complete fail.
1. It can make way for more player friendly contours.
2. It was hosted while Avorian was leaving and Aminority sort of inherited it.
3. MasangSoft got it done in a somewhat timely fashion.
4. MasangSoft ACTUALLY RESPONDED AND ADDED OUR IDEAS'.

But I do think that player made contours should go to WP Shop. Just cause I dont want to spend money. :D

DeadImpact
August 25th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Ok... Let me rephrase that... The contours that won are horrid. Especially that MG one and that Fox. A Fox? Really? (No offense to the designer)

SCO killed the Fox.

Honestly.. This contest shouldn't have been a forum poll.. Too easy to rig the votes.. Meh.

Whatever.. That's just my opinion.

The_Black
August 25th, 2012, 08:22 PM
SCO killed the Fox.

:ehh:

Tooshort

Lonewolf7191
August 25th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Ok... Let me rephrase that... The contours that won are horrid. Especially that MG one and that Fox. A Fox? Really? (No offense to the designer)

SCO killed the Fox.

Honestly.. This contest shouldn't have been a forum poll.. Too easy to rig the votes.. Meh.

Whatever.. That's just my opinion.

Well, your opinion sucks :V Fox is the cooles looking armor in the game, and i would make an IG if they still were useful.

DeadImpact
August 26th, 2012, 03:27 AM
The Fox is ugly.. Not as ugly as the Prizma or Ghost.. But gah. Those massive tubes protruding from the back that are supposedly the "boosters" are pointless and ruin the overall value of the armor. The thing is short, fat and in all honesty couldn't fly unless in a weightless environment. *Then again.. probably 80% or more of the armors in this game are that way)

I used a Fox for so long in SCO by the last month or two I had switched to a Laden to get away from the ****ing thing.

And no, my opinion licks.

MMAXLI
August 31st, 2012, 10:14 PM
how can u not like this!?

unfortunatly.....no......i prefer Breaker or at least stormriser.

Its not to say its bad....but if you take a look at Teir 17 Slot armors over all, M I G have the slightest difference. So this comes down to pick the best, and I think that's not for me to play aroudn with.I need omething that stands out.

Xjmas
August 31st, 2012, 10:30 PM
The Fox is ugly.. Not as ugly as the Prizma or Ghost.. But gah. Those massive tubes protruding from the back that are supposedly the "boosters" are pointless and ruin the overall value of the armor. The thing is short, fat and in all honesty couldn't fly unless in a weightless environment. *Then again.. probably 80% or more of the armors in this game are that way)

I used a Fox for so long in SCO by the last month or two I had switched to a Laden to get away from the ****ing thing.

And no, my opinion licks.

You know what?
It's still Fox all the way.

Viper600
September 5th, 2012, 05:07 PM
I love the sharpshooter binder.
the fox...I'm not a fan of it either, the boosters really make it strange, everything else about it is fine. I actually liked the way the prizma looked until I saw the back. Many of the ships look awesome compared to our RL aircraft XD guys...there's nothing to complain about. lol

BTW, are these armors even out yet? I can't find them

The_Black
September 6th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Hopefully we get them tommorow. ^^

Xjmas
September 6th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Hopefully we get them tommorow. ^^

Technically that would have been today and lucky you got one today grats. They go public for 20k a piece in the WP shop next thursday.

The_Black
September 6th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Technically that would have been today and lucky you got one today grats. They go public for 20k a piece in the WP shop next thursday.

Who are the winners for the other gears? I mean in game names? :)

Xjmas
September 6th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Who are the winners for the other gears? I mean in game names? :)

Off the top of my head i only know you and exceptionerror the ag.

BossBombs
September 7th, 2012, 03:27 PM
<----winner of BCU Contour Contest. Still in shock. First time to win. <----BG getting Black contour ;3

Xjmas
September 7th, 2012, 04:17 PM
<----winner of BCU Contour Contest. Still in shock. First time to win. <----BG getting Black contour ;3

Wrong thread.

Viper600
September 12th, 2012, 05:20 PM
are the new armor contours out yet??

IronlEye
September 12th, 2012, 05:24 PM
are the new armor contours out yet??

Next maint, tomorrow at 11 AM Server Time.

The_Black
September 12th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Next maint, tomorrow at 11 AM Server Time.

Wanted to fly a lil more with it being the only one...

:(

Edit: Welp, promised to get some better quality footage so here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r66aaP2WhsU

Xjmas
September 12th, 2012, 09:18 PM
I wonder if black Fox flames mod were ever created..

The_Black
September 14th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I wonder if black Fox flames mod were ever created..

No idea, never found it.

Xjmas
September 14th, 2012, 03:27 PM
No idea, never found it.

I never found anything so i just got red ones.

The_Black
September 14th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I never found anything so i just got red ones.

SS plox ^^

Xjmas
September 14th, 2012, 04:53 PM
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy182/Xjmas/ATM00109-1.jpg
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy182/Xjmas/ATM00112.jpg
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy182/Xjmas/ATM00116-1.jpg
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy182/Xjmas/ATM00117.jpg
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy182/Xjmas/ATM00118.jpg

IShotTheSun
September 15th, 2012, 02:12 AM
I think i've seen black rapid flame mods. i could try looking for foxes if its really demanded.

Xjmas
September 15th, 2012, 02:15 AM
I think i've seen black rapid flame mods. i could try looking for foxes if its really demanded.

I've seen black toma and rapid flames before but i think im happy with red.

Lexx
September 15th, 2012, 04:28 AM
I think the red flames look pretty good with that black and red contour.

If they were a deeper darker shade of red, just like the red on the armor, they would match perfectly IMO.

Xjmas
September 15th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I think the red flames look pretty good with that black and red contour.

If they were a deeper darker shade of red, just like the red on the armor, they would match perfectly IMO.

Yeah, wasn't able to find anything like that though, im going to try and request for someone to make them.