PDA

View Full Version : Why axes on fighters?

YeeYoonG
September 2nd, 2012, 04:38 PM
Hello,

I'm currently playing a lvl 7X fighter, and I just came with a question :

What's the point in using 2h axes 7 attack speed while fighters could use FS pikes with 8 attack speed, same damages AND 20%block (as fine as a shield ^^ ).

I mean, I could use the AR skill instead of the attack speed skill, have a higher atack rating with same attack speed, all of that only by using a pike instead of an axe.

I think fighter skills do work with pike...if I'm wrong then I guess I'll have the answer to my question ^^

Thx a lot for the future answers !

UltimateTricker
September 3rd, 2012, 08:47 AM
first of all, u r Fs . Fs look cool with axe lol =))
U only can do Des with axe or hammer but hammer cant work with SA or Concentration.
That's y axe on Fs .

YeeYoonG
September 3rd, 2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks and sorry, because I don't consider it as a right answer.

SA+axe = hammer/pike.
That's it, same attack speed, same damages...

Let's consider you wanna use destroyer, so you have two choices : axe OR hammer.

If you go for axe+SA, you "just got an hammer" : same damages, 8 attack speed, NO INTEREST...

If you go for axe+conc, then you have won some attack rating compare to hammer but lost 1 attack speed. Only interest would be if destroyer has a certain delay (because with no delay, 7 attack speed is a pain) AND that you would be willing to use Conc instead of SA when fighting (cause you won't cast conc over SA each time you use destroyer).

If we imagine it is ok to have 7 attack speed when using destroyer (because conc+axe is the only clever way to play axes, i.e. above), what weapon will you use when casting other skills/just hitting mobs ?
I mean, 7 attack speed 2h weapons are a pain, so you must absolutely have something else to fight, something with 8 attack speed, right ??
But, as you use conc, there are no other choices than using pikes (if you go for a build with no shield on switch, which is a choice I would say) OR going for 1h 8attack speed weapons (which I suppose is the most common choice), such as WHAT ?

Swords ?

So the build would be conc+axe 2h for DESTROYER and then conc+8 attack speed 1h weapon ?

PS : that's a lot to think about, help me ^^

UltimateTricker
September 5th, 2012, 02:13 AM
2 hand axe lv >= 105 have 8 speed bro ^^
there many good Fs equiping 2 hand Axe with 2 hand sword on switch, at high lv there only Con, no more SA.
Des with Axe then switch to sword then AC until next Des. I think this way is the best.

ReyJunZ
September 5th, 2012, 03:40 AM
there is an xtra bonus damage for item specialized for every char.. like axe for fighter... no force, wear same damage hammer and axe . see your difference in overall atk pow stat , your atk stat is on yellow , meaning you are getting additional damage..

so i would still go for axe for destro . but sword for AC

YeeYoonG
September 5th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Guys, thanks a lot for the answers, it helps me very much.

You said axes were 8 attack speed at lvl 105, so I'm ok there is no point in using SA anymore (SA is bugged over 8 attack speed if I'm right).

So, I have two other questions:

-SA only makes you going to 8 attack speed at maximum. But lvl 10 SA is 20% attack speed, so if your weapon is 7 attack speed it's : 7*1.2=8.4 attack speed (I tried and saw that the speed is however the same as a 8 attack speed weapon).
So if I go for SA for my, let's say, 90 first lvls, is there a point in putting 10 points in it ?
I mean, 16% attack speed bonus (SA lvl 8 ) should be enough to get the 8 attack speed....

-You tell me fighters have 8 attack speed axes and a damages bonus because it's an axe (I suppose this is an additional bonus to the "FS" of the item). Why would fighter switch to 2h swords for AC then ??

ReyJunZ
September 5th, 2012, 07:25 AM
sword has high crit specially on higher age.

has faster atk speed of 1 (for 105/108 sword 2h)

and you are correct, the maximum atk speed for axe is just 8 , even you max out SA,

so put conce after hitting 105 instead of SA .

UltimateTricker
September 5th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Max Axe speed is 8, if ur axe have 7 speed put SA to get 16% to have 8 speed, if u dont want or cant redistribute skill anymore i think u should leave SA at 1. Find a nice sword and be a Sword Fs until u get 105 to equip 105 axe, u can euip EA and only switch to it when u Des.
Why sword for AC ? B/c AC have no delay, less crit ratio then Des, have added AR -> Sword help Fs take max advantage of AC b/c sword is crit weapon, have more 1 speed then axe, less AR then axe. personaly, Ac is created for Sword Fs.