PDA

View Full Version : End of Event Week

EchoSaviour
December 18th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Now that the event week is done, we have also been able to gather some valuable data on the general reception of events.

As this data has been passed on to upper management, the general consensus was that there was way too many complaints about the events and so we will be doing a thorough analysis of the current options available for events.

(In the words Lala)

You guys QQ/rage/cry/whine too much so you'll be getting less events rather than more events!

MrSaturn
December 18th, 2009, 05:46 PM
EchoSaviour;55474']Now that the event week is done, we have also been able to gather some valuable data on the general reception of events.

As this data has been passed on to upper management, the general consensus was that there was way too many complaints about the events and so we will be doing a thorough analysis of the current options available for events.

(In the words Lala)

You guys QQ/rage/cry/whine too much so you'll be getting less events rather than more events!

First. :D

BigHomie
December 18th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Serves them right, you give them your hand .... they want the whole arm!

Updating steam
December 18th, 2009, 05:47 PM
I didn't mind the events and damn those who did lol

Blairaoke
December 18th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Yea i don't blame you guys, people QQ way to much about stupid ****.

Trollpoke
December 18th, 2009, 05:50 PM
i've been going over those "leaked" files, they are pretty old... lol.

but yah. looking over the ppt file...

Mine: Mine of EPISODE-1. Its radius is wide, re-attack time long, and strong in power.

New unique item: New unique system in production

Armor combination will be diverse, making users able to produce the armor that has both design and function that user wants.

System that upgrades to higher item of each weapon

any ETA? :awsum:

EchoSaviour
December 18th, 2009, 05:51 PM
i've been going over those "leaked" files, they are pretty old... lol.

but yah. looking over the ppt file...

any ETA? :awsum:

You do know just saying that has put you in certain radars...

LoudMouth411
December 18th, 2009, 05:51 PM
If they only played other versions i think they would understand how much better it is to even have events ... at least i got in on this weeks events! <3 thanks GM!

GRAMJAM
December 18th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Damn.... I was getting some good stuff this week. So much for that... Damn people who cry so much!!!

Trollpoke
December 18th, 2009, 05:55 PM
EchoSaviour;55482']You do know just saying that has put you in certain radars...

crap. oh well. :awsum:

TypicalAgear
December 18th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Hmm...maybe instead of trying to give out doles with these events, Gms focuses on the problems at hand that pissess ppl off instead? Such as lag, arena crashing every month, farshotting, blatant internet laggers to get an upper hand for the bgear, etc. Ah why bother, this been an issue since open beta. And Gms can barely keep themselves from getting hacked, don't see how they could ever solve any real issues.

EchoSaviour
December 18th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Hmm...maybe instead of trying to give out doles with these events, Gms focuses on the problems at hand that pissess ppl off instead? Such as lag, arena crashing every month, farshotting, blatant internet laggers to get an upper hand for the bgear, etc. Ah why bother, this been an issue since open beta. And Gms can barely keep themselves from getting hacked, don't see how they could ever solve any real issues.

The hacking case is under a formal investigation with authorities. There were actions done by other parties without our consent which led to certain servers being online without our knowledge.

Anything related with game performance is not handled by any Suba Staff and is strictly with the developers. We cannot make them find a problem.

*Edit*

I suggest people try to get their facts straightened out before making assumptions. Then again this community is notorious for making assumptions fact.

Crimsontimmy
December 18th, 2009, 06:01 PM
My major complaint was over the crap times picked for the event. I know that time was picked just because you would have a couple Gms on during that time but really, around 5:25 was all the great goldie events.

Most people who QQ was because they had jobs and normally got off at five and thats just for the eastern people, like me. it would be even worse for the rest of the north american time zones. So just knowing that some great events were going on but at an all around crappy time was just annonying.

"Hey everyone, we know you want events! Well we have some for you!

Ofcourse as long as you don't have to work for a living or in some cases go to school. Yeah but everyone else gets great ****."

But hey we all did get to know what this felt like, so it was a learning experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

EchoSaviour
December 18th, 2009, 06:03 PM
My major complaint was over the crap times picked for the event. I know that time was picked just because you would have a couple Gms on during that time but really, around 5:25 was all the great goldie events.

Most people who QQ was because they had jobs and normally got off at five and thats just for the eastern people, like me. it would be event worse for the rest of the north american time zones. So just knowing that some great events were going on but at an all around crappy time was just annonying.

"Hey everyone, we know you want events! Well we have some for you!

Ofcourse as long as you don't have to working for a leaving or in some cases go to school. Yeah but everyone else gets great ****."

We're fine with feedback. Just don't whine/cry about it.

There's a big difference between suggesting something and constructive criticism and complaining and whining.

MrSaturn
December 18th, 2009, 06:04 PM
GMs don't have jobs and families of their own on the east coast. True story.

Updating steam
December 18th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Well, I enjoyed the events.
I know there are others who enjoyed them, too.
Couldn't you just hold events anyway and ignore all the emofags that don't want 'em? :D

Crimsontimmy
December 18th, 2009, 06:10 PM
MrSaturn;55490']GMs don't have jobs and families of their own on the east coast. True story.

Well the first thing that comes to mind to people when they hear about something great happening and they can't be a part of it is. "Well this is bull****." You learn this in retail, it's your fault for not opening early enough or for not being open late enough. The fact that Gm's are human is thrown out the window when people are annoyied.

But on to something constructive.

Do the lost articles have to drop bad cards? I'm not saying something super great, maybe some kits or good minerals like Dna and Aimaam. I can honestly count how many times I've used normal gambles in this game with one hand.

LoudMouth411
December 18th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Well, I enjoyed the events.
I know there are others who enjoyed them, too.
Couldn't you just hold events anyway and ignore all the emofags that don't want 'em? :D

I think if we start complaining less during the next events or rather just say positive things rather then complaints .... its possible they could do more events.

And its not fair you people that work and go to school? ...but isnt a GM a paid job ... like 9- 5 ? .... i think we should be happy they are putting in the extra time to do events at 5:25 to even 6 PM

Updating steam
December 18th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Learn2nightjob like me.
Work all night play video games all day
**** sleep

EchoSaviour
December 18th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Learn2nightjob like me.
**** sleep

Sleep? What is this concept?

Crimsontimmy
December 18th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Learn2nightjob like me.
**** sleep

Sleep is for the weak and the dead.

Updating steam
December 18th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I think its something people did before coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee was invented

Crimsontimmy
December 18th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I think its something people did before coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee was invented

Yes those were dark days indeed.

Fr1skyDingo
December 18th, 2009, 06:48 PM
You want constructive criticism!? Do you!?

Anyone who has a zero credit balance and QQ's about free items from either an ongoing event or a 5:25/lotto event should get a 1 month ban. 1 week for those who actually buy creds and still QQ about extra free items.

I'm not swimming in free stuff, see me cryin?

Crimsontimmy
December 18th, 2009, 07:23 PM
It's human nature to complain about something that other people get and you don't. It's wired into our very beings but some people just come out more brash about it.

It's like the guy complaining about not hitting the lotto but never buys a ticket.

We can't help but be envies.

Sage
December 18th, 2009, 07:25 PM
We need more events. We love them. The QQ is just a conspiracy.

Proxy
December 18th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Gonna be real blunt here. People are stupid, and people will always cry. You people of all people, should know that, and probably do. However, your still posting this? Why?

If you don't do events people will cry that there are no events. There have been people who have posted constructive feedback, and what they thought about the events. There were qqers but people should be able to give their opinion. Even so I can understand about the people flat out complaining but that doesn't give you a good reason, in my opinion, to not run events.

Half of Ace is trolls and for all you know they could be trying to troll to get something like this to happen, and trust me some people would probably take the effort to do so. I would be lying if I said I didn't troll from time to time, and I'm no perfect angel when it comes to folloing the rules. However, I don't do anything extreme and try to be a reasonable douche(lol).

Now unless your kidding, this seems childish(less so if your kidding), and unprofessional coming from a company that hosts games. Seeing stuff like this is more something I'd expect from a private server hosted by people no older then 18. You should take FEEDBACK seriously, and ignore the random nonsense that people post, since people will never be 100% happy. If I had to guess the general consensus is that people are happy with events, but your not running them?

Things like "o this is a bgear event it's gay don't do these events" are dumb and should be ignored. That or you should try to find ways to balance these things, not just do the events, that's being lazy. This game isn't balanced, and isn't fair. If you choose a certain gear you should be prepared to deal with that. B-Gears will usually almost always have advantage in events, since they can do it all, and have some of the best dps.

TL;DR
Seriously? Your going to qq/whine and not do events, because there's people qq/whining about things that the PUBLISHER CANNOT fix, that causes events to be unfair? There's a lot wrong with this game, but that's because of the developer's not because the publisher. Please don't pull what the developers pull.

Could go on but big wall of text is big, and I'm starting to ramble.

Arturia Pendragon
December 18th, 2009, 07:30 PM

1: Yes farshot and lag is generally client side, and has been around forever. Not too much they can do.
2:Theres not a whole lot the GMs CAN do, other than complain to masang to do something about it. They arent gods, and they can't really do anything about coding issues since its dev side.

So yeah, do go reaming on the GMs for something that they really cant do anything about.

Proxy
December 18th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Hell do nation events if your so worried about people qqing. Make an objective and if the nation completes it everyone on map gets a reward, if it's killing a boss and someone get's a drop and someone crys about that, give me a break. Who cares the person did the most damage and got to a high level, and good weapons to do that.

xSousuke
December 18th, 2009, 07:45 PM
They arent gods,

But i thoughts they wereseseses.....they arent!?

At least I still have Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy to believe in cause there clearly real.

Ad-man
December 18th, 2009, 07:56 PM
I know, all I heard all week was, people are ksing me QQ, or there are too many Bishops QQ, or I want lower lvl goldies QQ, or I didnt get the prize QQ!!! It was terrible, people need to learn to be grateful for what they have! Thanks for the events GM! They were awesome and fun!

sonata
December 18th, 2009, 07:57 PM
if people complain about the events don't do any of them. Eventually, well maybe, people will figure out that doing any type of event even the 5:25 takes TIME to do. This is time that you guys could be spending doing other stuff that needs to be doing, and not doing freebie time consuming events that only get bashed on.
I personally think you guys did a great job of a week full of events for, as i see it, no reason at all. People will be fine with (stuff) happened deal with it. However, you used this as an opportunity to plan a week full of events to raise moral, and to help people enjoy the game more. If people don't realize that doing events takes a lot of time and planning, are only willing to complain that they were not a lucky person for some reason, and have expectations outside possibilities than don't do it until everyone is satisfied. Heck, we have an event going on right now enjoy it people. If you don't like it don't do it, and ignore it. If there is something you want to complain about in the even just ignore it and don't participate.
If you want to give feedback than go ahead.

Summary: Until people quit complaining about events don't do ANY events. People obviously can't handle themselves as the recipients of events yet so help them mature by not doing any events. I am including 5:25 in this too. If people complain about free stuff, no free stuff.

Ad-man
December 18th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I agree with the above, other than get rid of 5:25 xD Like I said earlier, people need to learn to be grateful. All of us are acting immature, complaining about the luxuries we have, even playing this game is a privilege, and people are complaining about that too.

dproxy
December 18th, 2009, 08:13 PM
EchoSaviour;55474']Now that the event week is done, we have also been able to gather some valuable data on the general reception of events.

(In the words Lala)

im going to complain as long as i need if u dont like it its your problem
if the event fail so it fail

spawning tons of mobs and all of them being kill stealed by bombers
ig could have a chance to kill ksed mob , ag could shoot too what were in sight range and mgs ? i would say wtf is mg ? something non importnant we have bgs it kill everything and everyone

xmas event is fail too , making tons of useless thing , spend all the day at pc untill you freaking dry , intead of playing 1 hour getting what u need and spend time with friends or family

teeth for teeth , eye for eye ?

ok take all faking events away , remove happy hour , restore gold spawn rate to s u ck low no snow nothing , and no events in future

only way to no complain is to remove everything,that way there is nothing to complain about.

p.s. it looks more like u are the the one who QQQQQQQQQQQ :ehh:

BullsI
December 18th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Having been in AR way to long just having events is a nice change. 5:25 is nice just for a face value thing, I could care less about what I get but just knowing a gm had to be on to do it is a rather nice deal. (always felt that gm's stay way to invisible in most games) Events I know are a pain in the ass to plan and get to happen. It would be funny if every person that QQ'd about how bad the events were had to try to set up an event.

That being said an observation about last week and why so much QQing happened after it. You did up the hype. Everyone was excited about having an event and the event itself was nice. The issue was you gave an event the day before the event. It was a big event, to me it almost seemed to be bigger then the actual event, perhaps that's just because less people were there for it. One thing it did have that wasn't present in the actual event (to my knowledge) was the fake red bishops. I could never kill a red bishop but those fake ones were kinda fun to kill. :p Do to the hype and the promise made that the next day would be even better, it didn't really seem that different. The mutli-redbishop thing was kinda funny but really when your already trying to kill mobs that are hard to kill its kinda annoying getting smacked by 5k's and what not, specially for lower lvls who already couldn't kill any of the bipins, tarts, or brogs. (ps, tarts suck.... retarded hitbox ftl) Other than that, I believe better 5:25 stuff was promised and, well idk what ep3 caps can get but I've never gotten anything but standard gamble cards. Then again, its not so much that it was those as "better" was promised and for the most part it seemed like an average day. Idk, all in all I'm just happy to get an event, just be careful with promising stuff about it. :p Other then that its the normal QQ that comes with goldy spawns. Really don't know how to "fix" that other than I know you can call specific gear types to event maps, (unless that functions busted lol) maybe try to have gear specific events?

meh, my $0.02

P.S. suba caps are awesome LOL

Proxy
December 18th, 2009, 08:26 PM
if people complain about the events don't do any of them. Eventually, well maybe, people will figure out that doing any type of event even the 5:25 takes TIME to do. This is time that you guys could be spending doing other stuff that needs to be doing, and not doing freebie time consuming events that only get bashed on.
I personally think you guys did a great job of a week full of events for, as i see it, no reason at all. People will be fine with (stuff) happened deal with it. However, you used this as an opportunity to plan a week full of events to raise moral, and to help people enjoy the game more. If people don't realize that doing events takes a lot of time and planning, are only willing to complain that they were not a lucky person for some reason, and have expectations outside possibilities than don't do it until everyone is satisfied. Heck, we have an event going on right now enjoy it people. If you don't like it don't do it, and ignore it. If there is something you want to complain about in the even just ignore it and don't participate.
If you want to give feedback than go ahead.

Summary: Until people quit complaining about events don't do ANY events. People obviously can't handle themselves as the recipients of events yet so help them mature by not doing any events. I am including 5:25 in this too. If people complain about free stuff, no free stuff.

People will never be mature of, or at least some won't. Your saying no one should receive events, because some people are bad, dumb, and low leveled players? This is a business they are running not a charity. IF events help keep people's interest and provide them with more entertainment it would be in most cases not to do them. Last I checked MOST OF THE TIME this is the case.

Why do you think games run events on holidays, and special occasions. To keep people interested and playing, and to deal with competition of other games doing so. This week I know I've been playing more and that's mostly due to events.

Events benefit the company in a sense to not just us. I am grateful for the events and would appreciate it if they kept doing it, and would like it not to be ruined by a few people whining because they have a gear that's bad at farming, are low level, and are un-willing to make another gear to farm. There's usually always a better to farm character in a mmo.

It's not echos job to do events, but it's his job to manage this game, and events can fall under that, while it's not required of him I'm sure, I personally think it helps a lot.

This is all my opinion and none a fact, but I think a lot of it is common stuff. If the events are indeed bad and the community doesn't like them overall, then it is a better idea not to do them, and not piss off players. I think people like the events, just not the other players ksing them and stuff. My suggestion would to be to ignore these people since they are probably a low level mgear or something. That or run different types of events where less things like this occur.

TL;DR?

BullsI
December 18th, 2009, 08:29 PM

ig could have a chance to kill ksed mob , ag could shoot too what were in sight range and mgs ? i would say wtf is mg ? something non importnant we have bgs it kill everything and everyone

xmas event is fail too , making tons of useless thing , spend all the day at pc untill you freaking dry , intead of playing 1 hour getting what u need and spend time with friends or family

ok take all faking events away , remove happy hour , restore gold spawn rate to s u ck low no snow nothing , and no events in future

only way to no complain is to remove everything,that way there is nothing to complain about.

I got my tail, I got my 2 trails, I spent not even a full day in the special map. Here's an idea, get your friends together and all farm the map, then you can do crazy snowmen and get lots of kms. :awsum:

PallyVII
December 18th, 2009, 08:35 PM

(In the words Lala)

I agree with this decision. It makes perfect sense from a moral and buisness standpoint. It is Moral because the whiners should not get a prize for acting like children. It makes sense buisness wise because new potential customers will not be logging on to "EVENT SUX I WANTS EVERYTHING OR QQ!!!"

In short, way to go you inbred whiny retards, you just ruined it for everyone even yourselves. Do humanity a favor and remove yourselves from the genepool, you are not wanted or needed. That is all.

Kyokun17
December 18th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Well event week was fun :D

Thanks to whichever GM was spawning goldies for ANI/Pre for that ESOC

and thanks to lala for that eva card from todays lottery capsules (that will soon be going on my Armor) :D

Sorry you guys got such a bad reaction from a majority of the community :(

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
December 18th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Didn't play all week, so I don't know about what went on at the events. Having played this game for almost as long as Echo and the rest of the vets, I'll just say that every single event in the history of this game gets so much QQ it's retarded. Even the awesome and completely random xarfox events got QQ'd at. My opinion from personal experience, in order to reduce the QQ:

1. Fair PvP events (LNS, etc) are always better received than PvE events, although there will ALWAYS be QQ about fairness, cheaters, blah blah, garbage, whining.

2. The best events have near equal prizes given. Best example, the SCO Bark Core event with 20+ Kings/Queens. As the "Hive" was destroyed, everyone on the map/server got prizes as the nation "worked together" to kill the bosses. Granted those who did the most damage got drops, but everyone got spi caps, exp caps, item caps. Again, people will ALWAYS cry about unfair drops and lag, but that's just the way it is.

3. Great, fair, and non-QQ enhancing events are nearly impossible to produce; this is not a reflection on any GM team's ideas. Goldie/Boss/Mob events are fun and fairly easy to come up and execute, but will ALWAYS produce QQs (I've personally never been a fan).

4. I can honestly say that most of your hardcore customers would appreciate a transfer and balanced PvP more than a week of goldie events, but I know that's another issue. This game should be 99% PvP and 1 % PvE after level 7x-8x, but with an unbalanced server it fails to reach its potential.

tl;dr Events are great and always welcomed by mature, non-retarded players. We'd appreciate continued events and muting of the artards. You are doing a good job, just balance the PvP :D

*edit* Finished my last rotation and national certification exam for the year, I should be on more now until the new year D:

Warplace
December 18th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Yeah people should stop whining about many things, like the high lvl goldies, i mean if you lowbies think its hard to kill monsters then do everyone a favor and lvl up fast, lvl 1-70 is easy to lvl up and i mean easy like you can lvl up in 48 hours of game play, you can play 1 hour each day and in 2 months you will be lvl 70+ if you grind patiently. Well as for the Gm's job, i believe they are doing all what their job entitles. If its in their power and decision to give us events, then thank you for giving us that, like others said, lets appreciate what we have, not everyone will be pleased always anyways, like me not getting some xmas hawkies or bawoos, but i like x mas trails, so my point of view is: Gm's keep up the good work and if my comment promotes the continuing of events then that's great, i really wish you don't take away anything you have given us, and to the cry babies, plz don't cry cause you will get nothing anyways.:cool:

Edify
December 18th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Mmm I'm new here and people complain the same amount as other games I've played. So I'll just chalk it up to kids having internet connections, money, and anonymity.

So I missed these events but that's fine, I have final exams to take care of.

Question: What's 5:25?

FruitTart
December 19th, 2009, 12:44 AM

Really don't understand what you are typing....

Polysaccharide
December 19th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Personally I liked the events, but then again, I AM A B GEAR SO MY OPINION DOESN'T MATTER. S:

I <3 Bishops :3

ApocryphaB
December 19th, 2009, 03:24 AM
I'm happy if there aren't any EXP Happy hours. So I'm all gooooood. :awsum:

Arturia Pendragon
December 19th, 2009, 05:07 AM

You sir, are an IDIOT. CONGRATULATION~! (lol I <3 the engrish in this game)

Didn't play all week, so I don't know about what went on at the events. Having played this game for almost as long as Echo and the rest of the vets, I'll just say that every single event in the history of this game gets so much QQ it's retarded. Even the awesome and completely random xarfox events got QQ'd at. My opinion from personal experience, in order to reduce the QQ:

1. Fair PvP events (LNS, etc) are always better received than PvE events, although there will ALWAYS be QQ about fairness, cheaters, blah blah, garbage, whining.

2. The best events have near equal prizes given. Best example, the SCO Bark Core event with 20+ Kings/Queens. As the "Hive" was destroyed, everyone on the map/server got prizes as the nation "worked together" to kill the bosses. Granted those who did the most damage got drops, but everyone got spi caps, exp caps, item caps. Again, people will ALWAYS cry about unfair drops and lag, but that's just the way it is.

3. Great, fair, and non-QQ enhancing events are nearly impossible to produce; this is not a reflection on any GM team's ideas. Goldie/Boss/Mob events are fun and fairly easy to come up and execute, but will ALWAYS produce QQs (I've personally never been a fan).

4. I can honestly say that most of your hardcore customers would appreciate a transfer and balanced PvP more than a week of goldie events, but I know that's another issue. This game should be 99% PvP and 1 % PvE after level 7x-8x, but with an unbalanced server it fails to reach its potential.

tl;dr Events are great and always welcomed by mature, non-retarded players. We'd appreciate continued events and muting of the artards. You are doing a good job, just balance the PvP :D

*edit* Finished my last rotation and national certification exam for the year, I should be on more now until the new year D:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I definitely agree with a lot of people that there needs to be more PvP events, or nation Teamwork events, but hey I'll take what I got. While these events may promote farming/grinding, its certainly different and better than NO events at all.

On an unrelated note, does anyone remember xarfox's hornian egg event in bark? The one with the ZOMG SCOUTGUARDS everywhere?

This one, if you dont know what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zvcEUZabCI

Echo, do you think you could try an event like this? [Basically there were a bunch of hornian eggs in groups in bark, and whatever nation killed the most eggs got a nice reward. The losers still got stuff too. Actually the reward was some amount of items (dont remember what they were) that were rewarded based on how many eggs your nation killed. Oh, and it was NON-AGGRo event.]

Just thought I would throw out something different, since a lot of people are qqing hard on the forums as of late about getting "ksed in events" and blah blah blah. Obviously in events like this there could be almost NOTHING people could QQ about (then again, people could find ANYTHING to qq about so I dunno w/e).

ArtoriusDivinus
December 19th, 2009, 06:26 AM
It's human nature, the people that ALWAYS end up with empty hands will eventually start to QQ about it, whether it is simply because hes to low level to kill the goldies, which can be remedied by leveling up, or simply because with events like this christmas thing when your luck sucks, which is not really something that can be remedied, maybe having events like suggested earlier in the thread, where everyone benefits would be a good idea, like LNS or a random number of bosses that need to be killed in a certain time to get a nation prize.

Let's face it, goldie events will always be BG paradise. xP

All in all, even though I'll honestly say I did QQ, I do appreciate the events done this week, especially the super goldie event was a lot of fun.

Shuffl3z
December 19th, 2009, 06:32 AM
It's human nature, the people that ALWAYS end up with empty hands will eventually start to QQ about it, whether it is simply because hes to low level to kill the goldies, which can be remedied by leveling up, or simply because with events like this christmas thing when your luck sucks, which is not really something that can be remedied, maybe having events like suggested earlier in the thread, where everyone benefits would be a good idea, like LNS or a random number of bosses that need to be killed in a certain time to get a nation prize.

Let's face it, goldie events will always be BG paradise. xP

All in all, even though I'll honestly say I did QQ, I do appreciate the events done this week, especially the super goldie event was a lot of fun.
ja.

also i don't care about event's but the low lvl's need the event's ( i guess lvl 70-20) also i think there was event for the low lvls 1 year ago , so there should be event for the low lvl's only not an event at normal maps but at an event map and the way to get there is via the GM.(i think the GM know what i am talking about )
also the reason why i care less about event is becoz i can just go to LV and grind there all day and get an FSOC then sell it to some random person for 170m ( True story).

Healygig
December 19th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Welp. I'll admit I was QQing during the event. Mostly because of Ksing bgears but anyway. The main problem I've had is that I've played for a number of months. I remember events in the past too. The problem is that I've never even seen anything but a Goldie spawn event happen in the entire time I've been playing. I've heard of these fabled last nation standing events and would love to give one a try. But we get the same old stuff. Goldie events are good. you get free stuff. Happy days. But it's repetitive.

PvP events is what I want to see. PvP is why i started playing ace in the first place, PvP is why i continue to play. Throwing PvE events at us in an obviously PvP focused game is like.. Why? If I want to PvE I'll go play wow or something. Point is, It's a PvP focused game. Maybe the events should correspond to the nature of the game.

Edit: I was majorly aggravated at the christmas event because it's almost a carbon copy of the halloween event But i know you guys just get these things handed down to you by Masang. So i understand you have little to no control over that

The Real Mighty
December 19th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I like where this thread is going.

Fr1skyDingo
December 19th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Now we're telling the GM's how to run the game, and how to run it more like the version that got shut down. I'm getting more and more certain the general IQ of the players here qualifies for clinical retardation.

Events are cool.
Bg's are better at events, but did that make me switch gears? Does it make you switch gears?
Mg's stop QQ'ing. If you're not a douche your brig should be giving you the free anyway. Got a defense armor for my Mg friend to step into when he's 83 :XD:

Corak_the_Mysterious
December 19th, 2009, 12:06 PM
When the GMs are coming out and saying "don't complain if you don't like the events or we won't give any," this is a dangerous statement. You're trying to shut down feedback. Whatever you do, there are going to be some people that don't like it, and some people that don't think it's enough. When the majority of people are coming out and saying there's a problem, you know that there needs to be changes. By coming out and making what amounts to a mild threat, you're intimidating people from speaking out in the future. This isn't a good precedent. If you decide to give less events based on the feedback, that's your right. Doing it like this to squash dissension just turns the player base against each other. Starting fights between players, and between players and Suba is a really bad idea.

Crimsontimmy
December 19th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Welp. I'll admit I was QQing during the event. Mostly because of Ksing bgears but anyway. The main problem I've had is that I've played for a number of months. I remember events in the past too. The problem is that I've never even seen anything but a Goldie spawn event happen in the entire time I've been playing. I've heard of these fabled last nation standing events and would love to give one a try. But we get the same old stuff. Goldie events are good. you get free stuff. Happy days. But it's repetitive.

PvP events is what I want to see. PvP is why i started playing ace in the first place, PvP is why i continue to play. Throwing PvE events at us in an obviously PvP focused game is like.. Why? If I want to PvE I'll go play wow or something. Point is, It's a PvP focused game. Maybe the events should correspond to the nature of the game.

Edit: I was majorly aggravated at the christmas event because it's almost a carbon copy of the halloween event But i know you guys just get these things handed down to you by Masang. So i understand you have little to no control over that

Carbon copy? CARBON COPY?!?!

My Christmas smash fires fireworks.

BullsI
December 19th, 2009, 01:13 PM
When the GMs are coming out and saying "don't complain if you don't like the events or we won't give any," this is a dangerous statement. You're trying to shut down feedback. Whatever you do, there are going to be some people that don't like it, and some people that don't think it's enough. When the majority of people are coming out and saying there's a problem, you know that there needs to be changes. By coming out and making what amounts to a mild threat, you're intimidating people from speaking out in the future. This isn't a good precedent. If you decide to give less events based on the feedback, that's your right. Doing it like this to squash dissension just turns the player base against each other. Starting fights between players, and between players and Suba is a really bad idea.

Honestly, it sounds in line with something another company we know all to well would do. "<

VladTheImplier
December 19th, 2009, 01:15 PM
People QQ's for free stuff... then they QQ if they dont get any events.

Seriously this community is retarded.

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
December 19th, 2009, 02:21 PM

This. (extra words)

ScarletRex
December 19th, 2009, 02:48 PM
If the majority or even just a considerable portion of players QQ'ed about it, then fine. Screw them, but fine. But why the whining about the events? :ehh: Some people still wanted MOAR WPS when the GMs gave them out in the mega goldie event lol. I just find it odd such a noticeable (Must've been to make a comment like that) portion of this game's playerbase didn't like it for some reason. This community is a paradox.

MadameArsenic
December 19th, 2009, 03:58 PM
As a player who has had to grind before, I feel outraged.

I expect immediate compensation for getting to kill only one goldie.

Thanks in advance.

gnosis22
December 19th, 2009, 03:58 PM
People QQ's for free stuff... then they QQ if they dont get any events.

I think its a universal problem that can be found everywhere you look.

Its not the community that is retarded, its humanity that is retarded.

And all you can do is sit on the sidelines and cry yourself to sleep every night due to the sheer retardedness. No matter what you do, no matter what you think, no matter what you say someone will always be there to QQ about it. The internet just made that fact much more apparent. At least before people could ***** and moan in the privacy of their own home. Now everyone's soap opera drama becomes everyone's soap opera drama and is played out in the glory of the interwebs.

Thus is life. What a beautiful thing to behold. :p

Shuffl3z
December 19th, 2009, 04:01 PM
ja.

also i don't care about event's but the low lvl's need the event's ( i guess lvl 70-20) also i think there was event for the low lvls 1 year ago , so there should be event for the low lvl's only not an event at normal maps but at an event map and the way to get there is via the GM.(i think the GM know what i am talking about )
also the reason why i care less about event is becoz i can just go to LV and grind there all day and get an FSOC then sell it to some random person for 170m ( True story).

quoteing myself becoz i am that Awesome

Arturia Pendragon
December 19th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I think its a universal problem that can be found everywhere you look.

Its not the community that is retarded, its humanity that is retarded.

And all you can do is sit on the sidelines and cry yourself to sleep every night due to the sheer retardedness. No matter what you do, no matter what you think, no matter what you say someone will always be there to QQ about it. The internet just made that fact much more apparent. At least before people could ***** and moan in the privacy of their own home. Now everyone's soap opera drama becomes everyone's soap opera drama and is played out in the glory of the interwebs.

Thus is life. What a beautiful thing to behold. :p

You think the QQing is apparent here? I had a job for a bit during school...a retail job. You see ALL the retards there. People crying about something being $1 more than they thought and they arent gonna buy something because of it, so they make a scene and leave the store (not to mention the IDIOTS that can't seem to figure out how rebates worked). FJGADHASDKLFJHALDSKJFGHSLK. Keep in mind that these are GROWN ADULTS doing these things too. /end rage moment

But yeah, people can find ANYTHING to QQ about. Theres a saying; "If its not worth saying don't say it". In other words, if you have nothing good to contribute (QQing) then keep it to yourself. Granted, like people say, theres FEEDBACK...meaning you give the GM's CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM on the event (meaning you talk about the pros and cons and what you'd like to see more of etc). Granted I ***** here and there, but its usually moments of rage on vent or brig chat or just to myself, and most of the time its just sarcasm (I'm cool like that yo :awsum: ).

tl;dr Constructive criticism =/= OMG THIS EVENT SUCKS I HAET IT QQ ON FORUMZ

GeneralAladeen
December 19th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Well....I might be late to post to this forum... but I will QQ cause I wanna!

My car broke down 2 months ago and I am at my parents house with my engine sitting on a tire waiting for clutch, heads and many other parts on order. I completely missed all the events cause I did not have access to a decent computer. QQ

Subagames... I did not not witness these events, but they sound epic and I imagine my 74 IG that took 3 weeks to grind would have had a blast.

QQers... Life sucks, some rich dude is always gonna have better stuff than you. Some douche like myself will always steal your girlfriend. That tougher dude will always kick your ass. Get used to it!

MadameArsenic
December 19th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Well....I might be late to post to this forum... but I will QQ cause I wanna!

My car broke down 2 months ago and I am at my parents house with my engine sitting on a tire waiting for clutch, heads and many other parts on order. I completely missed all the events cause I did not have access to a decent computer. QQ

Subagames... I did not not witness these events, but they sound epic and I imagine my 74 IG that took 3 weeks to grind would have had a blast.

QQers... Life sucks, some rich dude is always gonna have better stuff than you. Some douche like myself will always steal your girlfriend. That tougher dude will always kick your ass. Get used to it!

What's your ride, homes, an '89 Ford Festiva?

Also, check out some hardcore QQing over an MMO here:

http://stadium.weblogsinc.com/joystiq/videos/onyxiawipe50dkpminus.swf

Dizzzzzzzzzzy
December 19th, 2009, 10:59 PM
I believe that's the only funny thing I've ever seen posted on here.

Kyokun17
December 19th, 2009, 10:59 PM
You think the QQing is apparent here? I had a job for a bit during school...a retail job. You see ALL the retards there. People crying about something being $1 more than they thought and they arent gonna buy something because of it, so they make a scene and leave the store (not to mention the IDIOTS that can't seem to figure out how rebates worked). FJGADHASDKLFJHALDSKJFGHSLK. Keep in mind that these are GROWN ADULTS doing these things too. /end rage moment

Don't forget when you guys don't have somthing yet there is a display for it so people think they need to buy the (Non-Working might I add) display since you have no more in stock at that point in time, so you tell them "But we can't sell the display, even if we could it's non working" so they throw a HUGE ASS tantrum about how we HAVE TO HAVE it in stock or we shouldn't have a display up (even tho you sold out of said item that same day) and about how they spend so many thousands there every year and they will just go shop at the competitor and push their very full cart down an aisle (with a decent amount of force so it goes all the way to the end) and storm off, then the next day having 3 or 4 of their friends write complaints about you and make your job hell for that day...

...true story >.>
and thats why i FKING HATE RETAIL JOBS :mad:

Dizzzzzzzzzzy
December 19th, 2009, 11:05 PM
~*~My life in retail~*~

GrandSkyDemon
December 20th, 2009, 02:14 AM
so like what was the compensation for that GM got hacked issue?

Philosoraptor
December 20th, 2009, 04:39 AM
so like what was the compensation for that GM got hacked issue?

Honestly? I may sound like I'm qqing, but I'm just being honest.

A preview of the BIG goldie event which was shorter than the actual one, PC caps, and some suba cap that gave me gambles and prob cards. :awsum:

ZSUShilka
December 20th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Honestly? I may sound like I'm qqing, but I'm just being honest.

A preview of the BIG goldie event which was shorter than the actual one, PC caps, and some suba cap that gave me gambles and prob cards. :awsum:

Dem caps were the best 525s of my life.

yck
December 20th, 2009, 07:14 AM
You are now QQ'ing about QQ'ing, aren't you?
Just remember about this:

And I will be 100% happy.

EchoSaviour
December 20th, 2009, 10:25 AM

Nearly Impossible to do on the fly without pre-planning who exactly will be facing who. We cannot control who exactly will be entering the LNS. we can shrink the range as much as possible but even then there will never be true balance.

This one takes quite a bit of logistical effort to considering a lot of ways the game works is no longer the same as in the SCO era.

Hit the nail on the head with that one.

Transfers are dangerous, very very dangerous. Even with the easy button, there are a lot of repercussions that we need to watch out for even moving just 1 person.

If people want us to take more drastic action to make the community use it's head for a change, then we can try that.

This is the kind of posts I want to see more.

The GM Team is all about making the game a better experience. But if the players are actually preventing the GM's from doing that, then regardless of what the GM's do the game will go towards a downward spiral. Give the GM Team a chance to get some fresh air and people may realize that things are never as bad as they seem.

ArtoriusDivinus
December 20th, 2009, 11:37 AM
EchoSaviour;56151']This is the kind of posts I want to see more.

The GM Team is all about making the game a better experience. But if the players are actually preventing the GM's from doing that, then regardless of what the GM's do the game will go towards a downward spiral. Give the GM Team a chance to get some fresh air and people may realize that things are never as bad as they seem.

Like what's happening at AR. :awsum:

Anyways, once again, event week was fun for the most part, apologies if I QQed a bit to much about the christmas event, but I was just, well, pissed that day, now that things have quieted down a bit in Routhier it's a lot less annoying to farm KMs.

Arturia Pendragon
December 20th, 2009, 07:12 PM

Its the holidays and theres a lot of things that can really stress you out, and this game can just add onto it for some people (especially for you guys, since its your job). Just try not to let it get to you too much. Some players may whine and complain that they hate your events, but the fact of the matter is you guys are doing just fine. Obviously like you said, the engine and the community isnt the same as it was back in SCO, so this game can be a bit more challenging to tackle for you guys I'm sure. Theres a lot of trial and error, and a lot of people there just can't seem to get it through their thick skulls how much overtime you guys put into this game to make it better.

Threads where people just say "OMFG THIS EVENT SUX THEREZ BGZ KSIN ME OMG GAME STUPID I QUIT", instead of saying that they simply dont like the event and why, just need to be deleted. Since some people aren't acquainted with the word "restraint", I think they just need to lose their talking/posting privileges for awhile...but I dunno. Thats my two cents on the matter.

Whomever said the holidays are a jolly time needs to be beaten with a lead pipe (seriously, is it just me or do people on the road drive more like jackasses during the holidays than normal).

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
December 21st, 2009, 12:15 AM

It's because I'm p awtsome, I know, it's a blessing and a curse.

The amount of win I produce is inversely proportional to the amount of awtsomeness produced by Scribbin, Havok, and TaylorSwift combined.

Honestly, what you should do is have a stickied thread where people make event ideas that are actually good. Then, you KS their ideas (while still giving them credit, give them an extra item/SPI bonus during the event, blah blah) and use it. To avoid 8000 bad ideas in aforementioned thread, you just stipulate that any terrible idea posted gets 1 bean.

Or, just steal AR event ideas ITT:
http://board.airrivals.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11535&highlight=Event+suggestions

Ryoishi
December 22nd, 2009, 08:36 PM
The thing that upset me the most,was the fact that low levels was screwed on this event.

Lets see,level 30 vs level 78+ I wonder who can kill a goldie faster.
This was not a event thought through.
Just something to get our minds off the current problem at hand.
Seriously,You piss more players off then pleased.If you notice more of the players that said they was fine with the event was ether A:75+ or B:Got all their skills and items they want or need.

So all Im asking is to be more creative on the events,Hell take examples for Xarfox's events.
Like where the entire BCU/ANI nation had to work together in Bark's Core to down the Queens.
And the entire nation gets rewarded.Hence everyone is pleased.
Then it was turned into one massive war after the event was over.

Instead you guys didnt think about the low levels on this event,Especially since low levels is a source of new income.Im pretty sure you drove a few of them off cuase of it.

Basicly before you guys do a event,Think it through.Put yourself into other players shoes and try to make a event that everyone no matter what level gets to have fun and rewarded.

Alexander
December 22nd, 2009, 09:10 PM
In the time it took me to read all of this thread, I could have grinded a gear to level 30, so the excuse "PLIS MEN I AM LOW LEVEL" is invalid.

It takes a days playing session tops to hit level 30, especially with this happy hour ****, and thats if your a slow grinder.

Goldie drops and typicaly useful for high level players, so you can QQ all you want but there is no use for a level 30 having a FMSOC besides selling it, then what will you do with the money? Complain about how you're too low level to buy anything relevant?

Every game requires you to grind, get it over with and have fun, complaining in forums is useless and wasted grinding time

IIYuriII
December 22nd, 2009, 10:52 PM
Every game requires you to grind

:confused:

FPS , RTS Also too ? i never know that every game must requires you to grind :confused:

Lexx
December 23rd, 2009, 03:56 AM
Instead of just blaming the community, and saying we cry to much, no more events for us...

Maybe, just maybe, you should take a better look at the events and actually listen to some of the complaints to see if the events could have been done better and what it is people didn't like about them. Use that data to make better events in the future that more players can enjoy, even if there are less of them.

Take the goldie event for example. I play on ANI Prelude, not really crowded server, but everyone knew about this and we had a lot of players in Reynard 1 ready for the event. So many actually that my frame rate went way down due to all the other gears around me and I kept freezing.

Then when the mobs finally spawned they were dead so fast there was little chance to kill many unless you happened to be right there waiting for them. We had 2 full forms of Cruxis on the Red Bishop and other bosses but even if we managed to get them over half dead, 3 forms of Reds would come take the aggro and steal the drops every time.

There weren't nearly enough goldies and bosses spawned for the amount of people in Reynard 1. Adding a couple more channels so more people could get a chance would have gone a long way in this particular event. Suba gave us advanced notice for this one and everyone was anxiously awaiting it. Didn't you realize the map would be packed and only the highest level uber fast damage dealing gears and packed brigades would get everything if you didn't add more channels?

Perhaps try level restricted channels with goldies appropriate to the level of gears that can access it so newer players don't get left out.

Just think, please, before blaming the "QQ-ing" player base. Find out why we are crying and see if anything can be done on your end to improve the events before giving up on them and laying on the blame on us.