PDA

View Full Version : MAT Video Tutorial Contest restart

Tranzor
December 19th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Hello all, back in the summer time we briefly ran a video tutorial contest for MAT. It is time to restart that contest and keep it going on a monthly basis. So without further delay, here are the rules again.

The videos we're looking for are: Video Tutorials on how to play the game. Each month we will post a new tutorial requirement for you guys to make. Do not post videos about other topics, as they will not count. Each month, a GM will create a post on this forum, to announce the new video for each month. All links to entries must be posted there. For the beginning, we will accept videos in English and Spanish, so there will be more than 1 video that will get a first prize. If we get enough entries, we will continue to include the Spanish videos.

Requirements and Rules:

1. The video has to be shot from within the desktop, using desktop recording software, it must be in high quality and be sufficiently long enough to show players the step-by-step process.

2. The videos have to be posted online, with a link provided on the forums. Do not post videos on Facebook, because they might get lost if there are many submissions.

3. The contest will run from the first of every month and end at the end, so players will have 1 month to submit a video. Videos will be judged in terms of: video quality, sound quality, style, and how well the tutorial is explained. The top 3 videos will win a prize, and winners will be determined by the GM team at the beginning of the next month at the latest.

4. Players can use text, or their voice, as long as either are clear and easy to understand. The English has to be accurate. In order to make the video stand out more, contestants can use special effects to make the video look better, as long as the effects don’t negatively affect the quality. Please don’t use copyrighted music for this.

5. By entering the contest, players agree to let SubaGames use their videos as official tutorials on the MAT website, or any other page related to the company, without any extra compensation other than the prize awarded for the videos.

Prizes:

1st place- Value 8000 SP(chose an item or items from shop, or MPoints)
2nd place- Value 7000 SP(chose an item or items from shop, or MPoints)
3rd place – Value 6000 SP(chose an item or items from shop, or MPoints)
4th place – Value up to 5000 SP(chose an item or items from shop, or MPoints)

The contest begins now and you have until January 20th to submit a video.

Here is the video topic for this month!

How To Use the Chat System!

Requirements:

Topics covered need to be: minimum level to chat in the lobby, how to add friends, how to PM someone from your friends list, or a total stranger, and a guide on how to use the Suba Chapel, as well as the Suba Club(and all their features). It also needs to explain how to chat in an actual game, including how to send various types of messages, and what each colored message means. Also include the "follow" and "invite" functions.

Post your entries as replies in this thread. Anyone trolling here will be removed from the thread.

Cheers,

GM Tranzor

TroIIz
December 19th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Nice contest, but I can't make videos.. Will we have this type of contest in the future? But the users can choose to write the guide out in a text/post form instead of video.

Tranzor
December 19th, 2012, 09:00 PM
No, it has to be in video format for others to see and understand.

GM Tranzor

Goku777
December 19th, 2012, 10:10 PM
hola tranzor y que paso del ganador de las armas diseñadas no he visto la lista o donde lo pudo ver quien gano????

Fervid
December 19th, 2012, 10:30 PM
hola tranzor y que paso del ganador de las armas diseñadas no he visto la lista o donde lo pudo ver quien gano????

hola Goku777.. Nos ha llevado mucho tiempo para comunicar con Kingsoft (los creadores del juego) sobre el concurso de el diseno de armas, la lista de los ganadores sera anunciada en mas o menos una semana. Por favor recuerde que el foro es unicamente en ingles, por eso, por favor utilize un traductor (por ejemplo: Google Translate (http://translate.google.com/)) para que los GMs puedan entender.

TroIIz
December 23rd, 2012, 06:09 PM
Can I make a video slideshow?

ToFFyiCE
December 24th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Maybe it has to be gameplay, but slideshow could be good as well.

XJAYontour
December 25th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Trazor last year was much more gold

TroIIz
December 27th, 2012, 05:07 PM
I agree that the prizes should be higher.

Here's my entry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcAq_wy96ho

Linde1
December 28th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Trazor last year was much more gold

The prizes have been the same during all the tutorial video contests - https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=46018

The Suba film festival, which is a different event, the prizes were higher.. The last two years this was held in the beginning of the year so im guess it will be the same this (next) year..

Tranzor
January 9th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Alright, I've increased the prizes a bit.

GM Tranzor

IIinfinityII
January 10th, 2013, 12:56 AM
What? For what?

Rautaketju
January 10th, 2013, 04:07 AM
Duuuuuuude. The prizes suck. Making videos takes effort.

TroIIz
January 22nd, 2013, 07:35 PM
Who's the winner?

Tranzor
March 7th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Well, I gave you guys some extra time but it seems this contest didn't get far, so I'm closing it and I'll send out the prize to the 1 entry tonight.

GM Tranzor