PDA

View Full Version : Wa or Ava??

Redflip
December 24th, 2009, 04:35 AM
Imma lvl 68 power kill arch,i had ava added to lvl 4 but it dosent do good dmg as Wind arrow.Could anyone tell me what to add to have perf dmg?Sry for my bad english.XD

Chislev
December 24th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Well, if you are a power killer archer then you should go phoenix shot 10, thats the real killer skill, forget about those noobish skills, avalanche sucks even at level 10, 6 shots without a chance to pot is too risky in places where every ranged mob will kill you in less than 3 hits (1 hit kill if u are agi build with less than 50 health, 2 hits will you even with health close to 100).

WA... i rather use normal attack and take advantage of the criticals.

bilgetz
December 29th, 2009, 07:19 AM
i'm 76 AS and i'm happy with my AVA 10.
i have 66 health for ~ 300 HP, i will go for Level = health with the level 80 .
Don't forget wolf can tank for you the time you use ava.
Don't be greedy on life pot, always use skill when full HP .
WA cost a lot of mana, but you can pot between each shot. Use it depend on your spirit.
I'm low spirit this is why i don't use WA.

dexx
December 29th, 2009, 07:48 AM
ava is for longer pot run in hunting maps.. use PS for better dmg but you will need to use mana pots :D

Chislev
December 29th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Don't forget wolf can tank for you the time you use ava.

yes, until he get 1 hit killed by chaos caras.... :ehh: As a rule of the thumb, never, never, ever depend on your wolf.

For spìrit, just worry about reaching level 80 with enough spirit to be able to use valento rings.

For Ava, tell me how you change your mind once you get to LoC and u meet the archers, or when you meet your mate undead archers, undead atalantas, undead priestesses and undead mages in ET (well, no matter, every mob there will kill you while you shoot the 6 arrows).

As long as you have a good tank, you can use ava if u like it. As for the use of mana pots, i use less than 2 myst mana pots per minute in my runs to ET, and thats spamming PS 100% of the time, i don't think that's so hard to feed, just spend half hour in GL or DS and you are ready to go again. The problem in fact is stamina, you can never carry as much as you need, while i use 80 mana pots in 1 hour i use nearly 200 STMs, that's a lot of weight to carry :XD:

TehSammy
December 29th, 2009, 07:54 PM
As long as you have a good tank, you can use ava if u like it. As for the use of mana pots, i use less than 2 myst mana pots per minute in my runs to ET, and thats spamming PS 100% of the time, i don't think that's so hard to feed, just spend half hour in GL or DS and you are ready to go again. The problem in fact is stamina, you can never carry as much as you need, while i use 80 mana pots in 1 hour i use nearly 200 STMs, that's a lot of weight to carry

Yea but thats with val rings and/or kelv ammy I assume? Even after merge, not everyone will have them, especially full sets.

Chislev
December 29th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Don't count much in kelv ammys, they are even rare in midranda (and some people will try to sell them for real cash...) but val rings are not "that" hard to get, specially if you are not picky and use NS (or try your luck with respec).

Anyways, cannot expect to make any decent performance in ET without at least a couple of val rings...

ed teh gar
December 30th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Anyways, cannot expect to make any decent performance in ET without at least a couple of val rings...

I think this says it all.

you are giving advice based on things that are currently only accessed in midranda. Any advice that has to be added "with val rings" is really worthless to 8x 9x archers when you are basing your experiences on netplay situations.

Chislev
December 30th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Not at all, Ed, I have found 2 val rings myself in Midranda and i started to play there during suba times, not netplay times.

What i say is that one should plan a build taking into consideration what gear should they use too. Besides, as many people said already (and not me among them) the market will be flooded with val rings once the merge is done.

ed teh gar
December 30th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Not at all, Ed, I have found 2 val rings myself in Midranda and i started to play there during suba times, not netplay times.

What i say is that one should plan a build taking into consideration what gear should they use too. Besides, as many people said already (and not me among them) the market will be flooded with val rings once the merge is done.
By find did you mean hunt valento your self or buy it?

Doesnt matter ill discuss each issue.

First finding a ring.

Was it your own char that found these rings? Lvled from 1 to whatever it is now? What weapon did you use? High aged netplay stat weapon? Did you have any help finding this ring?

Do you realize that high lv clans camp out the valentos on valento and awell server? lets say this archer gets 9x. Where will it hunt valento? With ept stats do you really think a 9x archer can solo valento? So even if this person gets in one of those clans they will be lower on the totem pole so to speak. I have a feeling other people are in line for found rings.

Buying a ring

The market will be flooded but it wont be that flooded. How many v rings do you think there are? The server will be flooded but it aint gonna be noahs ark flooded. I can guarantee there wont be enough v rings for everyone who wants em. My guess is the server has close to 500 80 +? Some active some inactive? Really think midranda has anywhere close to 1k v rings just lying around?

Lets assume there are tons of v rings. What is this 7x 8x archer gonna use to bid? And even if the the mid lv archer finds something of worth (few jera cele and some mils. even though cele and jera have become almost worthless. Most people dont even accept them) Do you really think this archer will be able to outbid some of the richest players in val ? People who have done nothing but make themselves rich after they got the rest of the gear they need.

Your advice is skewered by the time you spent in midranda. You are looking at this question from the view of someone with a lot of resources. Typical 6x 7x archer does not.
This person wants an answer now on the basis of whats happening now. They want to play now. They dont want advice on something for the future on issues that may or may not occur.

Erbse
December 30th, 2009, 09:18 PM
If you fail at hunting with an archer in any gear you fail at being an archer in the first place.

minkwarrior
December 31st, 2009, 04:16 AM
The return of Erbse. webee!! :)

Chislev
December 31st, 2009, 10:35 AM
Not worth to answer you, Ed. If i want to tell them they suck without v-rings (and yes, i found several by hunting them myself, fyi) it is my right to do it, specially when every1 at valento always throw in your face what u do not have. So yes, they suck as 10x without minimum two v-rings.

Don't like it, don't read it. Period.

NickV D=
December 31st, 2009, 11:23 AM
the point is that u answer all the question like if the person asking is gonna get a free 10x char from midranda too... the dude asking hopefully is gonna be the average 9x archer 4ever without val rings and stuff cause thats valento's reality... stop giving him worthless information... after merge is not like we all r going to get 2 val rings cause we r cool or something...

ed teh gar
December 31st, 2009, 01:56 PM
the point is that u answer all the question like if the person asking is gonna get a free 10x char from midranda too... the dude asking hopefully is gonna be the average 9x archer 4ever without val rings and stuff cause thats valento's reality... stop giving him worthless information... after merge is not like we all r going to get 2 val rings cause we r cool or something...

Yeap.

You state you found several by your self. Why dont you tell us whose char you used? Because it sure isnt yours. Thats the entire point.

ANY time you answer questions you give advice based on being able to be high 10x or access to full 102 sets.

Stop giving advice based on your situation of using some other midranda char. This archer does not have access to that stuff , so when they need a question asked why answer it as if they do. The situation you are answering from is one that average archer will never see.

I never said anything about who "sucks". I simply stated you found v rings because you used someone elses mid archer which the original poster does not have access too. The advice you gave just plain wont work without having all of your access resources.

Chislev
December 31st, 2009, 06:58 PM
The day when you become GM or moderator you may be allowed to tell me to stop giving advice, until then i will give my advice as i see fits if i want to do it.

Someone should clean this thread.

NickV D=
December 31st, 2009, 07:36 PM
u can say anything u want but the purpose of this section is helping people... by giving the correct info u help by giving the wrong info u aint helping.. but if u wanna do what u want do it.. and have fun..

ed teh gar
December 31st, 2009, 09:42 PM
u can say anything u want but the purpose of this section is helping people... by giving the correct info u help by giving the wrong info u aint helping.. but if u wanna do what u want do it.. and have fun..

Exactly. Your entire argument is based on characters (netplay) that are not yours. The person asking does not have a 10x to use to hunt valento. So why are you giving them useless advice? Your advice is ignorant. Not every person can hunt on high level well geared midranda chars. So why does your advice include that aspect?
The advice you give is skewered due to the resources you have. When giving advice you have to remember the original poster and take in mind what. They have to work with. Its like telling a brand new 2x that they will be fine as long as they +10 all their gears.
Its like when a 5x 6x pike asks for build help and someone says

10 vanish 5 cl 10 jc 10 wdm 10 critm ground pike 7 cl 10 vague 10 sm 9.

That's a fine and dandy build but it requires 119 to pull off. How is that at all helpful for a 5x 6x pike?

Bump: Again I love how you make stuff up and pretend to be a victim. Nobody told you not to post. You fabricated that yourself. All people ask is that you don't give worthless advice that the original posters have no use of.

Mira
December 31st, 2009, 10:34 PM
use less fighting:(

dexx
December 31st, 2009, 10:52 PM
i used to use wa lv4 in throne(dungeon3 hellspawn) with mages as a lurer (web/fifi killer)..and i dont think you'll need them anymore since pheonix shot(tier4 skill) is way better in damage

if you're at lvling stage, better add more perforation (aoe skill with critical bonus)
lv10 perfo has slight delay but the dmg is superb (lv1-9 has no delay); with forces, you should be earning good exp (as equipments are easy to get and they are cheap) :D

in conclusion, damage wise, pheonix shot is better than wa, attack speed wise, ava is better than wa
you'll need ava for high lvl maps (still good in ice) to hunt once you hit lvl80, or pheonix shot, but it consumes too much mana, imo, and you need to keep the points for lvling up your wolverine..

for your tier4 skills distribution, FoN and Wolv are highly recommended
priority goes to mastery, perforation, ava for tier1-4 skills distribution

ed teh gar
December 31st, 2009, 11:26 PM
i used to use wa lv4 in throne(dungeon3 hellspawn) with mages as a lurer (web/fifi killer)..and i dont think you'll need them anymore since pheonix shot(tier4 skill) is way better in damage

if you're at lvling stage, better add more perforation (aoe skill with critical bonus)
lv10 perfo has slight delay but the dmg is superb (lv1-9 has no delay); with forces, you should be earning good exp (as equipments are easy to get and they are cheap) :D

in conclusion, damage wise, pheonix shot is better than wa, attack speed wise, ava is better than wa
you'll need ava for high lvl maps (still good in ice) to hunt once you hit lvl80, or pheonix shot, but it consumes too much mana, imo, and you need to keep the points for lvling up your wolverine..

for your tier4 skills distribution, FoN and Wolv are highly recommended
priority goes to mastery, perforation, ava for tier1-4 skills distribution
wow! great advice!

dexx
December 31st, 2009, 11:44 PM
my bad, to hunt in ice is lv90! XD

but anyways it worked for my archer

Mushimu
January 1st, 2010, 07:28 AM
I chose WA, it's a nice skill for more damage and it doesn't use alot of mana. It also works nice with force ^^

Perfo is a must, love this skill for lvling and high spawns

For tier 4 I only level evasion mastery for now, I won't level Wolf and Phoenix shot eats mana, Archer's don't have much mana since they don't have to put much in spirit. Im still not sure about FoN but it can be a nice skill for later.

testytest
January 12th, 2010, 03:17 PM
ed and nick r a pair of retards. they enjoy showing off their stupidity