PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Thread 2/14/2013 - Valentine's Edition!

Involution
February 14th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Hi everyone!

Today we've got a small-ish update that brings the following changes:

- Re-added some old event maps that were taken out of the game previously
- Fixed A-GEAR barrier appearing after warp
- Tweaks to Suppy Shops to prevent exploits

In game-related changes:

- OldSchoolFags brigade moved to BCU
- _BGearModel_ removed from BCU leadership staff

Last, we wanted to give you an update on the state of the game. We already told you that Episode 4.2 was in the works, and we'd like to announce the following changes it will bring:

- Two new maps, Lost Oasis and NGC Marine Lab
-- NGC Marine Lab features a repeating event to take down the NGC Mothership
-- Lost Oasis has its own version of the Crystal Trigger System as well as a new shop
- Over a hundred new weapons
- Upgraded versions of existing armors
- All slot armor appearances added as time-limited contours, at a lower price (7 days and 30 days)
- New Hyper Option Cards (pending name change) that offer a better range of prefixes and suffixes to players, can be purchased from the new Lost Oasis shop
-- Hyper Option Cards are available both for cash as well as for War Points

We'll have more details to announce in the future, but for now we'd love to hear your feedback. Please note that all of these are subject to change.

As an aside, remember that you can log in at 4:00 and 4:30 PM EST for our Valentine's Day event, and you'll get special goodies for logging in today as well as for showing up for 5:25.

Have fun!

Lonewolf7191
February 14th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Insta winsocket when you log in. FIX PLEASE

Also, "fixed barrier appearing after warp", does this mean that if you activate it before going into a warp, you wont have it when going out of it?
That would kill rushes.

Xjmas
February 14th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Yeah no one can log in.

IronlEye
February 14th, 2013, 02:29 PM
* Reads AG barrier fixed upon dead*

:):):):):):):)

* Reads barrier appearing after warp *

:(

SIashGeaR
February 14th, 2013, 02:30 PM
lol @ Ox, and yea cant play.

Pnayran
February 14th, 2013, 02:32 PM
yeah . DC right after log in T_T

ChimiCherry
February 14th, 2013, 02:33 PM
plz when r u goin to do something well?

Evv0
February 14th, 2013, 02:34 PM
can u give out any information about the EXP catio in ep 4.2 ? maybe concerning the 2 new maps

KeithStone
February 14th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Same insta win sock after log in

EvilwarAG
Has to be server wide, thought is was just our brig since we got transferred, but trying ANI alts I still get it. Something got borked.

Involution
We're working on it guys, I can play the game just fine internally so we need to figure out what is going wrong for everyone else.

MetaRidley07
February 14th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Every time I log in (after character select, loading screen goes fine, then i see myself in town for a second), then I crash... and get an error pop up. I'm not suing compatibility mode and I tried running with and without administrator.... what's the deal? are you other guys having this happen too? I dont want to miss the valentines day event lol.

Edit: GM Invo posted just before me... guess we just have to be patient?... (eww.....)

_Charlie_
February 14th, 2013, 02:38 PM
some one for got to update Objectinfo...:XD:

AngerAG
February 14th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Hyper option cards.. Now i know where my 1.4m WP goes to. Time to gamble our weapons Sofy ;)

Shinshou
February 14th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Involution;542427']New Hyper Option Cards (pending name change)!

Hyper gamble ????? if my Engrish get it right ?????? :lol:

ILoveVista2
February 14th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Gm's! I cant starting the game!! Bugg!!!!

Involution
February 14th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Alright guys, we have figured out what the problem is and will get it resolved shortly, sit tight. :D

ILoveVista2
February 14th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Ace Online kick me when start the game!

ILoveVista2
February 14th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Ty Gm, ok :)

AngerAG
February 14th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Ace Online kick me when start the game!

Learn 2 read...

SpaceBee
February 14th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Involution;542449']Alright guys, we have figured out what the problem is and will get it resolved shortly, sit tight. :D

Some1 pulled a plug out, and now youre looking who and whitch plug?

Involution
February 14th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Hyper gamble ????? if my Engrish get it right ?????? :lol:
Jeez, why didn't I think of that!

As to whether they offer brand-new fixes, I don't know yet.

Some1 pulled a plug out, and now youre looking who and whitch plug?
It's the gorillas. We let them run wild in the office but sometimes they have to go and piss all over our server rack.

ILoveVista2
February 14th, 2013, 02:47 PM
You learn my language bro (Turkish)

Soulsss
February 14th, 2013, 02:51 PM
You learn my language bro (Turkish)

Hue:gusta:

Purplefisty
February 14th, 2013, 02:53 PM
i think these hyper gamble may be a good step towards fixing the game, eshpeshialy if they be in the wp shop :D

Valiminator
February 14th, 2013, 02:57 PM
yeah is so "borked" :)
we still have the problem with that exception

Valiminator
February 14th, 2013, 03:05 PM
thanx
problem solved

Shinshou
February 14th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Involution;542455']Jeez, why didn't I think of that!

U welcome :troll:

Involution;542455']It's the gorillas

Now U guys have gorillas besides hamsters :v inbe4gorillamstercoming

G1mlii
February 14th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Insta winsocket when you log in. FIX PLEASE

Also, "fixed barrier appearing after warp", does this mean that if you activate it before going into a warp, you wont have it when going out of it?
That would kill rushes.

I think this fixes the random bubbles appearing around gears that shouldnt have it like the MG flying around 2 days ago with a blue bubble.

The problem wth AG bubbles is they dissappear after you warp, but they are still active.

EliadenV2
February 14th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Involution;542427']- New Hyper Option Cards (pending name change) that offer a better range of prefixes and suffixes to players, can be purchased from the new Lost Oasis shop

My body is ready.

LoliForSale
February 14th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Time limited contours?

How awful.

JunkoXan
February 15th, 2013, 12:27 AM
man i'm still crashing right when i get in game still :'( been trying all day after the patch always the samething over and over :'(

DarkN0vA
February 15th, 2013, 01:28 AM
May I ask what old event maps were re-added? They don't show up in the Warp Shop.

B52SRX
February 15th, 2013, 02:03 AM
Time limited contours?
Basically current slot armors that you can buy for 8k+ credits will now be just contours that last either 7 / 30 days!

Back to slot machines for armors :S

Lonewolf7191
February 15th, 2013, 02:20 AM
May I ask what old event maps were re-added? They don't show up in the Warp Shop.

They arent supposed to. They readded Area 525 among other stuff.

BloodyArrow1
February 15th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Where are the hyper gambles I don't see em

RareEarth
February 15th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Where are the hyper gambles I don't see em

They aren't anywhere, because they weren't added this patch, just like the patch notes said.

Tartaros517
February 15th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Shining of King for everybody

Silver-X
February 15th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Involution;542427']Hi everyone!

Today we've got a small-ish update that brings the following changes:

- Re-added some old event maps that were taken out of the game previously
- Fixed A-GEAR barrier appearing after warp
- Tweaks to Suppy Shops to prevent exploits

In game-related changes:

- OldSchoolFags brigade moved to BCU
- _BGearModel_ removed from BCU leadership staff

Last, we wanted to give you an update on the state of the game. We already told you that Episode 4.2 was in the works, and we'd like to announce the following changes it will bring:

- Two new maps, Lost Oasis and NGC Marine Lab
-- NGC Marine Lab features a repeating event to take down the NGC Mothership
-- Lost Oasis has its own version of the Crystal Trigger System as well as a new shop
- Over a hundred new weapons
- Upgraded versions of existing armors
- All slot armor appearances added as time-limited contours, at a lower price (7 days and 30 days)
- New Hyper Option Cards (pending name change) that offer a better range of prefixes and suffixes to players, can be purchased from the new Lost Oasis shop

We'll have more details to announce in the future, but for now we'd love to hear your feedback. Please note that all of these are subject to change.

As an aside, remember that you can log in at 4:00 and 4:30 PM EST for our Valentine's Day event, and you'll get special goodies for logging in today as well as for showing up for 5:25.

Have fun!

"it seems the devs like to counter something that is broken by adding something else that is equally broken WD WD"
- LoneDragon, October 2008 - AirRivals Forums

It has been foretold. And is true yet again.

Willplash
February 15th, 2013, 05:18 PM
80k WP~100k WP like olds times on each Hypergamble, gogo nolifers

devsaypakuforwpsgbutillgetwphypers?

Involution
February 17th, 2013, 12:07 PM
80k WP~100k WP like olds times on each Hypergamble, gogo nolifers

devsaypakuforwpsgbutillgetwphypers?
They won't be that expensive. Same goes for time-limited contours, they are much cheaper than the current permanent ones.

Xjmas
February 17th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Involution;542976']They won't be that expensive. Same goes for time-limited contours, they are much cheaper than the current permanent ones.

Are the perma contours staying in game?

Kkid
February 18th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Are the perma contours staying in game?

If they are I think they should have a slight price reduction in SP. Paint on armor shouldn't be so hard to get in my opinion.

Xjmas
February 18th, 2013, 10:42 PM
If they are I think they should have a slight price reduction in SP. Paint on armor shouldn't be so hard to get in my opinion.

I`ll actually be annoyed if paint contours are time limited.

Kkid
February 18th, 2013, 10:57 PM
I`ll actually be annoyed if paint contours are time limited.

If they were time limited paint contours in the WP Shop I wouldn't mind. But we can all hope :ROLLEYES:
Kinda just glad there's progress, where there have been times where nothing has been going on in the development side of things.

Xjmas
February 18th, 2013, 11:01 PM
If they were time limited paint contours in the WP Shop I wouldn't mind. But we can all hope :ROLLEYES:
Kinda just glad there's progress, where there have been times where nothing has been going on in the development side of things.

I wonder how we even got on the idea that paint contours were coming back?

Involution
February 19th, 2013, 01:09 PM
I do not know 100% right now, however I believe what is happening is that time-limited ones are replacing all the existing ones in the cash shop. If you own permanent contours, you will NOT lose them.

Lonewolf7191
February 19th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Involution;543392']I do not know 100% right now, however I believe what is happening is that time-limited ones are replacing all the existing ones in the cash shop. If you own permanent contours, you will NOT lose them.

I'm sorry but that would be bat**** stupid. It is seriously retarded to remove permanent ones in favour of limited, which noone will buy because THEY ARE LIMITED. What you should to is add 500 CHEAP contours (for example, the paintshop colors!), and a cheap contour removal card that will give you the contour back, and then keep it that way.

You will gain MUCH more profit from this. I PROMISE. (well its more like you will actually GET profit from this idea, something you WONT get from the limited ones)

Edit; What i mean by cheap is like 1,2k credits. NOT more. If you also lowered all your credit prices, people might actually start buying credits again, considering how little 10k credits actually give you.

Silver-X
February 19th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Involution;543392']I do not know 100% right now, however I believe what is happening is that time-limited ones are replacing all the existing ones in the cash shop. If you own permanent contours, you will NOT lose them.

So now, you need to pay WPs to look different, but to look different for a limited amount of time? Even when not pushing for a cash-biased idea Masang manages to **** it up.

Kkid
February 19th, 2013, 04:35 PM

Lets think about this, even though the temporary contours will be cheaper and will solve the problem now with the permanent ones (maybe clearing up come Support ticket issues?). Removing the permanent ones thus forcing players to spend more credits in the long run after your temporary one runs out once a month is not at all what anyone would want. I don't know if this was Suba's idea or Masang's but it should in my opinion be re-thought.

Involution
February 19th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Lets think about this, even though the temporary contours will be cheaper and will solve the problem now with the permanent ones (maybe clearing up come Support ticket issues?). Removing the permanent ones thus forcing players to spend more credits in the long run after your temporary one runs out once a month is not at all what anyone would want. I don't know if this was Suba's idea or Masang's but it should in my opinion be re-thought.
As I said I don't know 100% if permanent ones are being removed from the cash shop. What I did say is that you will definitely not lose any old items.

I have asked for a contour removal card before that gives players back the old contour, but Masang Soft did not like the idea and turned it down.

Lonewolf7191
February 19th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Involution;543461']As I said I don't know 100% if permanent ones are being removed from the cash shop. What I did say is that you will definitely not lose any old items.

I have asked for a contour removal card before that gives players back the old contour, but Masang Soft did not like the idea and turned it down.

Its still a really bad idea though. Atleast some people were buying the old contours..

You need to change your model to quantity instead of quality. (quailty as in a few, highpriced contours)

Involution
February 21st, 2013, 09:12 AM
Its still a really bad idea though. Atleast some people were buying the old contours..

You need to change your model to quantity instead of quality. (quailty as in a few, highpriced contours)
I agree, that is one thing we are trying to push with Masang Soft. Ideally, I want to lower contour prices but have them come out more frequently (i.e. 1 set a month). But, it requires more development time. It's on my list of things to push for when 4.2 is out of the way. :)