PDA

View Full Version : pikeman or mage

Wuping1
April 1st, 2013, 03:26 AM
as title says just came bk to pt after a few years break , im trying to decide witch to lvl up with my brother (hes playing a fighter) i dont plan on pvping , just pve and sod (occasionally) just cant decide as i like them both :(, views input needed

thanks

Faxiz
April 1st, 2013, 07:48 AM
Mage is cheaper and easier to lvl imo and also good for lvling your bro. Lvl in SOD when you are strong enough ;)

LeighTzu
April 1st, 2013, 11:06 AM
I have noticed with myself as well as a few others i have talked to that have chosen to level a mage.

PROS: no mana, awesome aoe/exp.

CONS: poor 1vs1 hunting capabilities

You will usually level a mage faster than any other character i would think since you dont have to stop inbetween and run to ric to get mana. The thing is alot of us, after hitting 10x on a mage; wish we would have leveled a different character instead.

TheRatBoy
May 4th, 2013, 06:27 PM
the mage is the lord and master of SOD, both level 40 and level 80, a mage for sod 8x, can beat a pike 10x, even some 11x.

is easy to lvl up, but high-level maps is very slow to a mage kill a monster.

the pike is the best pvp melee is fast and their ability to kill in one hit makes him a dangerous opponent.

I personally think that there are too pikes, and lately for some strange reason appeared a lot of mage 10x.

but the decision is yours.

megaman007
May 4th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Mage is awesome at leveling to 80 level and then his killing abilites slow down drastically. Mage is good for BC and Sod. I've seen higher mages at 10x change their weapons to bows to get more power out of their kills. But i don't think it improves much on that ablility. Pikes are just plain awesome. Not only do they kill fast but hunt very good on higher maps. Pikes are mana suckers though but i use mana recharges from the suba store and i get so much mana built up i have to sell them. Mages are fun and pikes are enjoyable to play. Both characters are quite awesome it just depends what you want the character for. I noticied alot of pikes have high mages and vice versa. Good thing about a pike when you get high enough you can hunt your own equipment and don't have to buy expensive things from sellers in the stores in ricarten. I have a mage 9x and i don't level him anymore because i am too busy leveling my pike to get him to hunt for me.

Beanlet
May 4th, 2013, 07:07 PM
I have both and ... I like my archer. :XD:

But between the two, Pike is more fun. Mage is "boom... boom... boom... agony.. boom..yawn..boom" Pike is this and that and the other and running around and and and.. manamanamanamana! But a lot of fun if you have the mana!

I know a lot of people who love their mages and especially love their SOD mages. For PVE, hunting and killing monsters, the Pike is my choice.

megaman007
May 4th, 2013, 07:18 PM
aw bean you have archer too :) i bet your archer is the highest right now though. My pike is almost 90 level. only a few tnl to go. I finally got him up to where he can kill fast and soon hunt. :p

Beanlet
May 4th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Naw, my archer is 9x. I mostly solo in the highest maps I can go to. Slow xp, but a lot of fun finding new drops! Also leveling a couple of lower level guys to check out all of the skills and figure out the mechanics of each character type. I've made and deleted a lot of characters over the years.

I'm really not in a hurry to get to the highest levels and highest gears. For me, there's no reason to get to that "end game" because there's nothing left to do there. (I don't pvp at all)

Sorry for the threadjack.

Lexaki
May 7th, 2013, 02:19 PM
It's not that mage or pike or arch who's the best but depends on yours style or please of any style that proper to your habit, it will enjoy to that character too much.

Then my style is Priestess even though my Avatar is Fighter he he.

N0L3S
May 7th, 2013, 07:01 PM
choice a mage, with t5 mage r so awesome to bc n hunt-- 10x mage can kill kelvezu so easy

Kobralyne
May 7th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Well i have a pike 9x.
I think the mage is too boring & too easy like mrs beanlet said "boom... boom... boom... agony.. boom..yawn..boom" and sod is too bored, i know people going sod all day =S thats not "priston tale"!
The pike instead he kills very nice but sometimes dies fast too, i like the risk, i like when my hp bar is almost over and all mobs around me are all dead. i like the armors & the spears are magnific, i like being vanished while iam smoking my cigar or taking my daughter to bed, i like hes style, the stuff is expensive? if it was too easy the pike will lose hes fun, the jeras we got from minis is to decorate the cristhmas tree? go buy ur stuff u will get tons of that when u are 10x! now with tier5 you will have a buff skill that takes ur abs and raises ur atk, what u want more?? pike is good for solo, party, bc, sod, pvp, hunt & if u have vl u are superman my friend, more hard then mage to lvl? the more dificult the better is, im an old timer, no sods only partys or solo, priston tale is more fun when u are in the HellSpawn not in sod!!

megaman007
May 8th, 2013, 11:39 AM
i agree with you sepirothspirit the pike is more fun. i had a mage for years and i wished i had a pike a long time ago. better hunter then mage in my opionion and more powerful when killing monsters. the pikes assortment of weapons and armor make him awesome. i can use a spear, claw with shield or other weapons that i don't have to change stats much or even at all to use. i don't have to keep changing my skills over when fighting monsters alot like mages do. i don't know about the tier 5 skills buff because ours doesn't work at the moment if it ever does. so im not betting on tier 5 to decide which character is better verses one skill from another. but don't get upset if the tier 5 skill isn't all that because that might be the case. i say pike all the way is better and fun to play with.

N0L3S
May 8th, 2013, 08:26 PM
u guys said that about mage, cuz dont know t5 of mage. when u guys know t5, i know u can change your opinion. :)

Kobralyne
May 8th, 2013, 11:14 PM
:EEK: i wanna see that :COOL:

megaman007
May 9th, 2013, 01:02 AM
Yeah me too. :p