PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Thread 18/4/2013

Involution
April 18th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Greetings and salutations!

This week brings a whole bevy of changes thanks to the developers as well as community feedback.

First of all, based on popular demand, the Happy Hour during weekends has been extended to include Friday afternoons, for players in different time zones or those who get off work early. You can look forward to getting bonus XP and drop rates from 3:00 PM server time onwards into the weekend.

Second, we got rid of the troll-face Suba Slime in the world ranking and replaced it with CANADIAN PRIDE. Sorry kids.

Last, but not least, Masang Soft have provided us with a very extensive update. Although this is only a maintenance patch and doesn't come with any new features, I am very impressed with the number of changes and fixes. These run the range from community-reported problems, to things the Suba Games team noticed on their own, to server-side improvements, to simple usability tweaks.

The change log:

- Tweak: Word wrap has been implemented; text will now wrap correctly in various menus such as the Cash Shop and various other NPC shops
- Tweak: Chat filter has been redone and will no longer censor words incorrectly (such as "assistant" showing as "***istant")
- Tweak: Level 110 players can now use Killmarks to receive War Points (but won't get XP)
- Tweak: "Move to Mission Map" button can now only be used inside BCU/ANI cities
- Tweak: Added USA Flag Mark to the WP Shop
- Tweak: When using a Character Change Card, the character change interface now appears over the inventory window instead of underneath
- Tweak: Items dropped by GMs now have shorter delay time before players can pick them up (event-related improvement)
- Tweak: Improved Mothership buff tooltip
- Tweak: Removed warp to Bark City for the Turning Point mission

- Localization: Fixed incorrect NGC GEAR names
- Localization: Renamed NGC Transport Ship to NGC Mothership
- Localization: Renamed contour contest contours to have more appealing titles
- Localization: Many fixes and changes made to item names for formatting consistency and length
- Localization: Small fixes to quest dialogue
- Localization: Map names are now color-coded
- Localization: Infinity Field description text should now display correctly

- Fixed bug when more than 6 players was able to enter Infinity Field
- Fixed bug where Arena/Infinity Field messages would sometimes show twice in the System Messages window
- Fixed bug allowing player to stay inside Hidden Place and Distorted Place using resurrection items; players will now be setn back to the previous map
- (Hopefully) Fixed a rare issue on Watermelon Island which could cause the map to display as if brightness/contrast settings were cranked
- Fixed mission window 'X' button being blocked by radar interface with 1024x768 resolution
- Fixed Evo Type PETs over-using SP recovery items
- Fixed bug inside Infinity Field 1 which made the player unable to fire weapons
- Fixed bug that could cause item tooltips to display incorrect information
- Fixed display bug with brigade names that were too long
- Back-end updates for security, stability and administration

Thanks for all your feedback and help in getting this patch made everyone, I know it was a few weeks in the making but I think you'll agree the results are worth it. And this list isn't counting in detail the number of improvements made that make our jobs easier over here. :)

Regarding the balance tweaks and new items I've been discussing, well, we'll have to wait for the devs to get back to us, but I'm hopeful that we'll see these improvements in the future.

Game on!

IronlEye
April 18th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Turning point warp removed,

that's idk, maybe good maybe bad

The rest <3 <3

Xjmas
April 18th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Involution;557015']

I and i think i speak for all of BCU when i say this, LOVE YOU!

Evv0
April 18th, 2013, 01:14 PM
I and i think i speak for all of BCU when i say this, LOVE YOU!

camping den B was imposible for ani becauz BCU would always warp to bark and ass **** us from behind =/ so that is best for everyone that was not a hudge hommo lol

Xjmas
April 18th, 2013, 01:21 PM
camping den B was imposible for ani becauz BCU would always warp to bark and ass **** us from behind =/ so that is best for everyone that was not a hudge hommo lol

You may think that was the case every time but it wasn't. So on the contrary it is a big deal considering ANI loved that mission warp to bb the Camp on Den A Warp. It's pretty much like using the ssb mission warp and ANI coming out of the Pan B warp instead of the Pan A warp.

Pinoyisthenewblack
April 18th, 2013, 01:24 PM
What happened in Masang?

CosmicCube
April 18th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Involution;557015']

NOOOOOOOOOOO.com (http://nooooooooooooooo.com/)

NewsAgent1
April 18th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Very good all these changes but the millage shop whici is closed for a long long time is not up yet...GM, any answer or news about this?

IronlEye
April 18th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Very good all these changes but the millage shop whici is closed for a long long time is not up yet...GM, any answer or news about this?

Why do you want the mileage shop back, other than turkeys, which will be removed when it's back up anyway.

Maybe stealth cards/power lvl sets, but I doubt you as a credwhore doesn't really need those.

Evv0
April 18th, 2013, 01:58 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO.com (http://nooooooooooooooo.com/)

i pressed that button :troll:

AtkashaKamira
April 18th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Involution;557015']First of all, based on popular demand, the Happy Hour during weekends has been extended to include Friday afternoons, for players in different time zones or those who get off work early. You can look forward to getting bonus XP and drop rates from 3:00 PM server time onwards into the weekend.

Best. News. EVAR~!
Thanks for going to bat on that, Invo.
And some nice tweaks and fixes to go with it.

TomQuayle
April 18th, 2013, 02:06 PM
that HH... finally.. my suggestion was approved lol

Hawkerace
April 18th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Involution;557015']

http://puu.sh/2Cusk.gif

USA USA USA USA

Exynos
April 18th, 2013, 02:49 PM

Yoooohooo!
btw, still 2 expensive

AtkashaKamira
April 18th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Getting a lot of exception errors since patching.
Is there a reason for it?
Or just gotta deal with it?

Pnayran
April 18th, 2013, 03:10 PM

disagree . when ANI camp den B mean no BCU can pass camp by the mission . but when BCU camp den A , ANI can use the mission to ass **** us from behind like u said . so BCU like the "mission removed" more then ANI

InsanityEdrill
April 18th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Yoooohooo!
btw, still 2 expensive

Freedom and democracy are priceless!

Involution
April 18th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Getting a lot of exception errors since patching.
Is there a reason for it?
Or just gotta deal with it?
We have been working with Masang Soft on exception errors. I get them from time to time and have been submitting my dump files (aceonline.dmp) to them. If you like, you can upload the file somewhere and provide me a link so I can send it their way.

In the meantime, if you are getting exception errors it's always possible it's related to things like user permissions, compatibility modes, or corrupt installations. Standard practice, unfortunately, is to try a full reinstall of the game into a new directory (to avoid earlier conflicts), run using an admin account, WITHOUT compatibility turned on, and see if things improve.

OmgNaro
April 18th, 2013, 03:44 PM
I think now the 87/86 mission for ssb needs to be reworked. Either make both nations spawn from opposite gates (ani spawns from bcu, and bcu from ani) or the other way around. Currently both spawn from BCU giving the advantage to ANI

WoOKiE1000
April 18th, 2013, 03:57 PM
England flag Please ADD next week or something thank you please

CosmicCube
April 18th, 2013, 04:55 PM
disagree . when ANI camp den B mean no BCU can pass camp by the mission . but when BCU camp den A , ANI can use the mission to ass **** us from behind like u said . so BCU like the "mission removed" more then ANI

Um... The warp was good for both nations in terms of bypassing/backstabbing den campers. It just happened to be better for ANI because it forced BCU to camp 2 portals during Akron. Oh well, back to the good old days of constant den wars? Probably not.

Involution
April 18th, 2013, 04:59 PM
England flag Please ADD next week or something thank you please
The England flag is already in the WP shop.

http://i.minus.com/ib1wwxocEFUSXu.jpg

Purplefisty
April 18th, 2013, 05:15 PM
get working on the mileage shop now kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Pinoyisthenewblack
April 18th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Where is the multicolored gay-pride flag? Like over 90% of the server could use it :troll:

The_Black
April 18th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Masang, everything ok?

Lonewolf7191
April 18th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Involution;557084']The England flag is already in the WP shop.

Sorry man, but thats not england. Thats GReat Brittain.
England is a part of GBR together with Wales, Scotland and North Ireland, and they all have their own flags.

Saccharide
April 18th, 2013, 06:08 PM

The in-game item labeled "[Mark] England" actually depicts the United Kingdom flag (Union Jack). The users want a flag for England (St George's Cross).

Lonewolf7191
April 18th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Saccharide;557094']The in-game item labeled "[Mark] England" actually depicts the United Kingdom flag (Union Jack). The users want a flag for England (St George's Cross).

Yes! Sniped!

CosmicCube
April 18th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Saccharide;557094']The in-game item labeled "[Mark] England" actually depicts the United Kingdom flag (Union Jack). The users want a flag for England (St George's Cross).

Well if we're going to start doing that... Can I get all 50 flags of the United States?

BoBdaIG
April 18th, 2013, 08:52 PM

Been scroling uo and down but i dont see a pinoy flag? Where is it? Dont tell me we gona gamble it in slot machine to get one?

AvastAntivirus
April 18th, 2013, 09:00 PM
What about the mileage shop? :ehh:

Sahdowstar
April 18th, 2013, 09:01 PM
I think now the 87/86 mission for ssb needs to be reworked. Either make both nations spawn from opposite gates (ani spawns from bcu, and bcu from ani) or the other way around. Currently both spawn from BCU giving the advantage to ANI

Same goes for Rock's Nest Top mission map warps, though it isn't as significant 'cause no one really wars there anymore. :C

G1mlii
April 19th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Same goes for Rock's Nest Top mission map warps, though it isn't as significant 'cause no one really wars there anymore. :C

Forget SSB and RNB. These are minor issues compared to no warp from town to ZB or no pad in ZB.

Landfill77
April 19th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Damn good job GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BloodyScythe
April 19th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Involution;557015']
First of all, based on popular demand, the Happy Hour during weekends has been extended to include Friday afternoons, for players in different time zones or those who get off work early. You can look forward to getting bonus XP and drop rates from 3:00 PM server time onwards into the weekend.

It passed from 3PM already and i don't see the 300% XP in game , we got Item and Rare drop only.
Is it going to switch every time after the arena HHs?

WoOKiE1000
April 19th, 2013, 04:05 PM
England Flag Gm make it happen Plox!!!!

TomQuayle
April 19th, 2013, 04:51 PM
still waiting for the epic weapon rename card.. haha.. that.. I'm gonna buy and spent credits.. so I'll have some epic signature on it...

AvastAntivirus
April 19th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Certified credho spotted!

TomQuayle
April 23rd, 2013, 04:13 PM
well actually if you don't spend credits once un a while In a game like this.. they would shut it down.. so it's isn't bad spending credits every 10k credits monthly :)

Purplefisty
April 23rd, 2013, 05:01 PM
well actually if you don't spend credits once un a while In a game like this.. they would shut it down.. so it's isn't bad spending credits every 10k credits monthly :)

i do around 50k a month, doesnt make me a credwhore, but it isnt not f2p either :)