PDA

View Full Version : Tier 5 Discussion

minkwarrior
May 10th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Is it just me or I don't find ANY of the Archer Tier 5 skills useful at all? I was leaning my hopes on Evade Shot but it feels just like a one Arrow Avalanche with lots of tumbling.

Penacolada1
May 10th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Hello Mink...

i reset my skills 3 times tried evade shot 10, and thunder loop 10, Nature splash 10 i didn't find anything useful since am only level 102 however i returned to my old build to be honest.
phoenix shot 10/ FON 10 and i didn't open t5
when i will reach 110 , i will try to figure whats the best build later..

TheRealDeath
May 10th, 2013, 02:38 PM
None of the archer T5 skills are any good..

Penacolada1
May 10th, 2013, 02:44 PM
None of the archer T5 skills are any good..

True ...
=(

omishiz
May 10th, 2013, 02:46 PM
yeah they suck. i tried them last night. oh well.
i want to hear about the other classes' skills!

minkwarrior
May 10th, 2013, 02:52 PM
I left my Tier 5 open and only have Phoenix Shot Lvl 10 and Wolverine Lvl 10. The rest are Lvl 1

Ripples
May 10th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Sadly, I found T4 skills better than the new abilities they put on the Archer.
So far I tried Evade Shot 10 and the 4th skill (the one with the chain icon).

Evade shot isn´t as strong as expected. Yes it has a good % of damage boost, but it´s delay is big enough to make it useless. You need to fill the space with another skill (maybe a PS but we´re already spending EP on this new skills, maybe WA 10). By the time to do this combo we could just spam 3 Phoenix Shots. Conclusion: useless.
There are two possible solutions for this skill, reducing it´s delay, or making a considerable increasement of it´s atk power %
I've seen lots of people in the BR server complaining about this, but I'm not sure how it went for them.

Circle Trap (the 4th): AOR 2.0? Well, I leveld this to 10 and i could take no more than let´s say 5% of an et2 mob hp. Half Hp of an atalanta in BC. It´s obviously not a skil to kill stuff. I tried this mostly because of it´s crowd control effect. It should slow enemies for 5 seconds on lvl 10. Pro: it does slow monsters of any map (have to check et3 and ice mine tho, and bosses) by 5 seconds that are in the range where the trap falls. Sadly, it is BUGGED in BC, you won´t slow enemies there (they occasionally take some damage, expect pikemen, mechs, they just block and evade everything, cool eh? ._. )

I´m checking the other two skills on lvl 10. I have hopes on Thunder Loop, but Im sure it gonna have delay. It has the same "mini-aoe" effect from Elemental Shot, but it hits once, not twice.

The 3rd skill (tornado thingy) looks promising (yes, the animation lol), but again, it´s delay kills my hopes.

Balance plox! I only see disadvantages for the archer...

minkwarrior
May 10th, 2013, 10:35 PM
If Evade Shot had more power or even Critical it would make up for it's delay.

Question: Using the skill Avalanche Lvl. 10 there is a delay so I use 2 Default attacks or 2 Phoenix Shots or 3 Wind Arrows. If I use Evade Shot after casting Ava would I be able to cast again after I hit the ground WITHOUT a moments delay from the Avas cooldown? I can't try it myself since I need to mature my skills from the reset *grumble*.

Bruuuto
May 11th, 2013, 04:53 AM
So you pro archers are saying theres no point in resetting the skills on my 88 archer? I have done the first 3 parts of the new quest but havent killed the Hestian yet because I wanted to see if the new skills were any better...but apparently not.

Ripples
May 11th, 2013, 08:55 AM

Question: Using the skill Avalanche Lvl. 10 there is a delay so I use 2 Default attacks or 2 Phoenix Shots or 3 Wind Arrows. If I use Evade Shot after casting Ava would I be able to cast again after I hit the ground WITHOUT a moments delay from the Avas cooldown? I can't try it myself since I need to mature my skills from the reset *grumble*.

That's a good thing to try, even though we know a wave of 6 Phoenix Shots can beat the 6 shots of Avalanche. I'll tell you if that's working. For now, I can tell (if someone ever thought about Wind Arrow lvl 10) there is still no point leveling wind arrow to level 10 to fill Evade Shot delay. You can do a WA, then Evade, and the WA is still charging after we land that Evade Shot.

So you pro archers are saying theres no point in resetting the skills on my 88 archer? I have done the first 3 parts of the new quest but havent killed the Hestian yet because I wanted to see if the new skills were any better...but apparently not.

Good to see you again!
I wouldn't distribute my points, there isn't something really useful. Maybe the last skill could be a great advantage when you find yourself lureing mobs, you can slow them for a short period of time, but that's all. It doesn't work in BC for some reason.
None of this new skills is as spammeable as Phoenix Shot. I don't find a good trick to take advantage of this new Tier 5.

There must be a good combo to make it worth something......................................... ...

minkwarrior
May 11th, 2013, 08:23 PM

I'll answer my own question. Yes, you can combine Lvl 10 Avalanche with Evade Shot continuously.

Ripples
May 12th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Thunder Roop: it has a similar cooldown as Evade Shot. It increases 493 Damage in lvl 10 and it's lightining has a kind of splash damage against the monsters that are around. It's not spammeable, and the damage is too poor in comparison to Phoenix Shot. It doesn't even make any considerable difference against the undead type.

Nature Splash: best animation along with Evade Shot if you ask me, I like them :P. But.........................
It's cooldown is very high, I don't know how many seconds it takes to landa nother shot but, I'm able to shoot 13 default arrows (Bow with 9 speed) until I can use the skill again. The description says: Adding Attack Rate 205% (I assume it means Adding Attack Power), and Attack Range 140 (Perforation it's still the longest shot on the Archer), at level 10.
This skill can't even be implemented in a combo. If you leave it at level 1, it won't do any damage. If you raise it to 10 you'll be lacking of Phoenix Shot in your Combo. If you plan to make a combo with Avalanche, well then you have to spam 2 Avalanche shots to land a new Nature Splash.

Azure, did you make your Evade Shot 10 to combine it with Avalanche 10? I want to know if there's any difference between 2 Phoenix Shots and 1 Evade Shot in that combo. I'm tempted to spam shots like that, it's animation is pretty cool. I wanted to try Nature Splash with Avalanche (the skill looks like a single avalanche shot with a kind of tornado coming out from the bow *-*) but again, impossible with that cooldown.

I can't find a way to make a good use of this new skills. If they only make them faster and powerful, or decrease it's cooldown and add some power...

Ck88WwindaSHxOQ
May 13th, 2013, 03:14 AM
so ...better dun open t5 ?:P
and make phonix shoot to lvl 10 / fon lvl 10 ?

minkwarrior
May 27th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Azure, did you make your Evade Shot 10 to combine it with Avalanche 10? I want to know if there's any difference between 2 Phoenix Shots and 1 Evade Shot in that combo. I'm tempted to spam shots like that, it's animation is pretty cool. I wanted to try Nature Splash with Avalanche (the skill looks like a single avalanche shot with a kind of tornado coming out from the bow *-*) but again, impossible with that cooldown.

I just tried Lvl10 Avalanche and Lvl 1 Evade Shot but not the Lvl 10 Evade Shot. If anyone can tell if it's any good let us know.

Evolv3
December 30th, 2013, 09:42 AM
skills for archers on other pt servers were better, we got junk... for a ranged unit we should be putting out some heavy damage.

BigBossFigther
January 23rd, 2014, 04:17 PM
very sad the skill of the archer

ArchTnL
April 30th, 2014, 03:12 AM
I didn't use any skills of tier 5 :)

ArchTnL
May 2nd, 2014, 02:22 AM
I wanna know if there is a good skill in tier 5, any advices?

minkwarrior
May 14th, 2014, 07:14 AM
https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=66278&page=2
So Bayesian is stating that we can use Tier 5 skills that let's us duo in ET2 and even solo in IM with ease. I want to believe. Let's start getting some answers!