PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Update 4/07/2013

Involution
July 4th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Hey all,

We've got a big update for everyone today! First of all, we've got brand-new nation leaders:

BCU: pnayranMG
ANI: BloodyScythe (deferred by I_C_U on his request)

A bit unorthodox with the ANI leader, however, we discussed it internally and we don't see why there's any technical reason that ANI's leader has to be the brigade leader... I_C_U would have been leader, so it's his choice whether he wants to take up the responsibility or give it to someone else.

Second, we've got a series of big patches today which give us all sorts of good stuff!

Added gift system to the game - now you can gift most cash items to another character
Tweaked spawn times of certain enemies in NGC Marine Lab (ongoing)
Updated game launcher
Fixed a few exception errors
After purchasing items in a shop, the selected items are cleared from the purchase list so that you don't accidentally re-buy them
Updated localization (item names and descriptions, Infinity Field boss attack names should now be correct)
Numerous server-side updates

For gifting items, you simply specify another player you want to gift a cash item to using the little gift box icon at the bottom-right of the cash shop. You can send a gift to anyone, provided that player isn't on your account, isn't you, and is on the same nation as you.

Note that we may make changes to the gift feature in the future. For example, unfortunately you can't gift membership to someone. For now, we just wanted to get it out as soon as possible.

That'll be it for this week everyone, we're sorry for the long wait but we're glad things are back on track!

GrandSkyDemon
July 4th, 2013, 04:02 PM
first post yarrrr

TomQuayle
July 4th, 2013, 04:06 PM
ayt ayt ayt

Evv0
July 4th, 2013, 04:10 PM
how about fixing the Credit selling issiue of player geting scammed and making it so u can "send" a amount of Credits to the chosen player ,that way u dont need to get his acc info to load credits directly to the acc ?

Xjmas
July 4th, 2013, 04:14 PM
A bit unorthodox with the ANI leader, however, we discussed it internally and we don't see why there's any technical reason that ANI's leader has to be the brigade leader... I_C_U would have been leader, so it's his choice whether he wants to take up the responsibility or give it to someone else.

It's pretty normal actually.

DonVISIONe
July 4th, 2013, 04:21 PM
no offense gms, but whats so big about this patch for us?
i mean theres like none in this community who will gift cred items to other ppl (for nothing).

rest is kinda serversided stuff only...

well, can u explain the tweaked spawntime from ml mobs a bit more detailed or do we need to find it out ourselves?

Involution
July 4th, 2013, 04:23 PM
how about fixing the Credit selling issiue of player geting scammed and making it so u can "send" a amount of Credits to the chosen player ,that way u dont need to get his acc info to load credits directly to the acc ?
That's not functionality that exists in the game. The gift feature was done quickly because it already exists in some regions. We'd need to go over this sort of thing in more detail before coming up with a solution.

Hawkerace
July 4th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Pretty sure that's twice I_C_U stepped down, just for historic records.

Just saying.

IronlEye
July 4th, 2013, 06:22 PM
What I think of this patch:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sUcq0ykUfR8/T4thbiqdfiI/AAAAAAAABcI/I_YdGodXMAY/s1600/snsd10.jpg

BloodyScythe
July 4th, 2013, 08:00 PM
What I think of this patch:

Yeah, i also want one of those printers

RareEarth
July 4th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Yeah, i also want one of those printers

I had to scroll back up to see if their was actually printers.

Evv0
July 4th, 2013, 10:04 PM
dam ,for onces scrolling down was worth it lol

DeadImpact
July 4th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Yay.... :awsum:

BobSaget
July 5th, 2013, 03:40 PM
lol pnayran, looking forward to another successful month for BCU

Why do "fame months" still exist anyway?

IronlEye
July 5th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Gonna be a fun month AFKing :D

Hawkerace
July 5th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Mgears are bad leaders. I couldn't express that enough.

The only thing leaders are good at outside of the actual leading (and all I saw pnay do on his first day was say more to den b pls, in a pattern of 40 minutes), is being able to survive and provide distraction. Yeah you could argue a mgear could do it. But lol, you're so slow and it would be super easy to stack up all that pierce and purifies and shield paras. At least bgears and igears can kite damage and terrain. Agears are pretty in the middle. Most can't eat much agear and tank. But they can scoot around pretty quickly.

Just common sense, but I guess some people think they know better.

GalaxyMonkey333
July 5th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Gonna be a fun month AFKing :D

LOL look this guy saying afk while hes a sublead last month and did not even login that much after 2 first MS almost fail.
And u can go AFKing one year and game wont change.

Hawkerace
July 5th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Pretty sure he wasn't a sublead last month.

BobSaget
July 5th, 2013, 11:30 PM
He was deputy for the first two weeks I think

GrandSkyDemon
July 6th, 2013, 12:13 AM
The gift thing is great idea, so the higher, tradeable cash shop items are now useless since you can gift all the items on the cash shop right? (except for membership only, unless I'm missing something here)
what about items that was already bought and you wanted to gift them? is it possible to do that?
and do they plan to lower the armor upgrade cards on the cash shop?

Involution
July 6th, 2013, 12:29 AM
The gift thing is great idea, so the higher, tradeable cash shop items are now useless since you can gift all the items on the cash shop right? (except for membership only, unless I'm missing something here)
what about items that was already bought and you wanted to gift them? is it possible to do that?
and do they plan to lower the armor upgrade cards on the cash shop?
Tradeable items aren't useless. A gift is a gift - if you send it to someone you're not getting anything in return. Tradeable items can be traded, allowing you to exchange items much more securely. Tradeable items can also be purchased in advance and held, used or sold if needed. Gifted items, you will never see on your account.
Membership will be made giftable, possibly within the next 1-2 weeks. It's being changed from an account status upgrade that is directly applied to your account, to a capsule-type item you have to activate yourself to add membership for X duration. These items will be tradeable too.
No, you can't gift previously purchased items. The system isn't retroactive. Think of sending a gift as simply allowing you to buy an item for another account, not sending an item you own to another account.
We've talked about armor upgrade cards and V5 slot armors. Now that they're giftable, we may want to make V5 slot armors non-tradeable (they were only ever tradeable previously because we wanted "clean" armors tradeable and they are usually gained at V5, but the game doesn't support a dynamic trade variable on items). I agree that this makes powerdowns much less useful, but upgrades are still useful for obvious reasons. We need to give it more thought and consideration.
All Stat Reset Cards are having their giftable status removed in the near future.

Purplefisty
July 6th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Tradeable items aren't useless. A gift is a gift - if you send it to someone you're not getting anything in return. Tradeable items can be traded, allowing you to exchange items much more securely. Tradeable items can also be purchased in advance and held, used or sold if needed. Gifted items, you will never see on your account.
Membership will be made giftable, possibly within the next 1-2 weeks. It's being changed from an account status upgrade that is directly applied to your account, to a capsule-type item you have to activate yourself to add membership for X duration. These items will be tradeable too.
No, you can't gift previously purchased items. The system isn't retroactive. Think of sending a gift as simply allowing you to buy an item for another account, not sending an item you own to another account.
We've talked about armor upgrade cards and V5 slot armors. Now that they're giftable, we may want to make V5 slot armors non-tradeable (they were only ever tradeable previously because we wanted "clean" armors tradeable and they are usually gained at V5, but the game doesn't support a dynamic trade variable on items). I agree that this makes powerdowns much less useful, but upgrades are still useful for obvious reasons. We need to give it more thought and consideration.
All Stat Reset Cards are having their giftable status removed in the near future.

http://images.wikia.com/icarly/images/4/44/Star-wars-darth-vader-no.gif

BoBdaIG
July 6th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Slot upgrade card so OP. Yo Invo hope u guys can lower it a bit.

RageAid
July 6th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Making R-Type V5's non tradeable is going to hurt ever gear except BGear. Make IG/MG/AG WP armors have the same 21.96% bonus!

Involution
July 6th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Making R-Type V5's non tradeable is going to hurt ever gear except BGear. Make IG/MG/AG WP armors have the same 21.96% bonus!
Could you please be a bit more specific about the exact items affected so I can look this up?

IronlEye
July 6th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Could you please be a bit more specific about the exact items affected so I can look this up?

http://i44.tinypic.com/scrzag.jpg

Ironicly, the weight is also different and a little energy(Agear excluded, because they don't exist anyway)

BoBdaIG
July 6th, 2013, 11:50 AM
lol masang love bger so much .

Purplefisty
July 6th, 2013, 12:10 PM
http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/39466634.jpg

DeadImpact
July 6th, 2013, 12:27 PM
B-Gear... Ahah... Ahahahahah.

GrandSkyDemon
July 6th, 2013, 04:37 PM
I don't know if there will be other work around about this, but I'm thinking if you remove the tradeable item for v-5 armors then people won't be able to sell their armors that they don't want which is actually on v6 and above.
(I'm just not sure if its possible to do that to fixed and enchanted armors already)

so why not just keep the tradeable items on the v5 armors and just lower the prices on the upgrade cards. should be the same price with the downgrade cards as well.

BobSaget
July 6th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Make prob and pierce charms giftable pls, nid my 5-hour def-pierce charms.

BoBdaIG
July 7th, 2013, 12:54 AM
yeh all those charms should be giftable more on consumable area.

MonkeyCheeseM
July 7th, 2013, 06:17 PM
what i think of this patch:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sUcq0ykUfR8/T4thbiqdfiI/AAAAAAAABcI/I_YdGodXMAY/s1600/snsd10.jpg

fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!fap! Fap!