PDA

View Full Version : Crowded Maps Listing

EchoSaviour
January 4th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Can players list which maps are going through overcrowding and at which times of days?

We may decide to introduce more channels on a few main line maps.

Also we're testing to see if the channels added can be Combat Zones instead of Safe Zones.

OmgNaro
January 4th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Overcrowded channels:
Slope Port:mid-late day
Barrenlands:mid-late day
DC:Needs more (An good idea to make the 74 mission better would be to make an DC mission map that warps you there that way insted of money we have an DC MM?)
Possiblly Denebola?

IronlEye
January 4th, 2010, 03:23 PM
he said MAIN line maps.. i think thats ZB,RL bark, Relic, Plains etc.etc.

EchoSaviour
January 4th, 2010, 03:24 PM
he said MAIN line maps.. i think thats ZB,RL bark, Relic, Plains etc.etc.

Well, in this case we'll say any map that is not a mission map or designated safe map.

Alexander
January 4th, 2010, 03:31 PM
How would having two battle channels work

EchoSaviour
January 4th, 2010, 03:38 PM
This is all theoretical as we're still testing to see if it is possible.

But basically players in the enemy nation would be able to pick which battle channel they enter.

DarkWuIf
January 4th, 2010, 03:56 PM
EchoSaviour;62685']But basically players in the enemy nation would be able to pick which battle channel they enter.

I'm sorry, but I believe this is a really bad idea, IMHO. Extra safe channels yes.... extra battle channels....why??? To reduce the size of battle may decrease lag but may also inadvertently diminish the fun of warring.

Lexx
January 4th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Barren Lands is always overcrowded whenever I try to go there. It's such a great map with great EXP, and drops. Everyone fights for the best grinding spots, it can cause a lot of tension. Good thing the devs seem to have expected this and created a very high mob density and fast respawn rates.

Still it is not enough for how crowded that map can get and I've been saying since it came out that it would be nice to have safe channels, or more channels for Barren Lands. Even if they have less mobs and a reduced drop rate to the main channel we have now, it would still help to add more channels.

Trollpoke
January 4th, 2010, 05:21 PM
i don't think you should make extra battle channels just anywhere in the main map chains

offshot maps linked to a middle map like barrens can have multiple battle channels w/o affecting the balance, but anywhere in the main map chain (like slop/OP) would be bad.

Mike Cosgrove
January 4th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Ace online forums 0 (Seemingly random times when large groups of people post)

Suggest making a safe channel so people can post without others seeing them.

VladTheImplier
January 4th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Ace online forums 0
You are always camping that channel :>

Mike Cosgrove
January 4th, 2010, 07:24 PM
You are always camping that channel :>

I'm grinding my F-gear to level 92 so I can get +2 Siege Posting :<

Polysaccharide
January 4th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Didn't AR make two Alioth battle channels? I think so, so it should be possible here S:

Also I do think it would be useful to have these during EXP/DROP HH's on the weekends. Other times no.

Havok
January 4th, 2010, 08:05 PM
yeh, alioth and barren :S

JKRevan
January 4th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Alioth n Barren... the 1st ones that come to mind.. when?

whenever there's a XP HH

thatunderscoreguy
January 4th, 2010, 08:21 PM
OP, pretty much all the time

FenderJazz
January 4th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Didn't AR make two Alioth battle channels? I think so, so it should be possible here S:
Yes please!

And I haven't done BL much yet but I would imagine two channels there wouldn't hurt. Other maps aren't crowded unless there's a war and then they're supposed to be crowded.

Alexander
January 4th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Remove all safe channels
replace it with two battle channels

more war (you'll always be able to find someone)
plenty of grinding spots

INSTANT WIN

Radlnferno
January 4th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Remove all safe channels
replace it with two battle channels

more war (you'll always be able to find someone)
plenty of grinding spots

INSTANT WIN

and then the noobs are gunna QQ cause they wouldn't be able to get past lvl 20 XD

Polysaccharide
January 4th, 2010, 08:58 PM
More like someone plays the warp game and you never see them again. Kinda hard to guess which channel they ran to.

Trollpoke
January 4th, 2010, 09:15 PM
well 2nd Alioth isn't not needed as much as ar, cause we have stealth cards. this opens up all the maps in the game.

what would probably be better is if there was an major expansion of the moon maps to become real chain maps.

Radlnferno
January 4th, 2010, 09:40 PM
More like someone plays the warp game and you never see them again. Kinda hard to guess which channel they ran to.

already happens lol. when i'm on a vet ig and got wc's chasing me, warp in, wait for them to warp in, warp back, wait for them to warp back, warp in again and bstop away from the gate and the wc's just fly past me lol

JKRevan
January 4th, 2010, 09:46 PM
youre such a basterd rad =P

FenderJazz
January 4th, 2010, 11:36 PM
well 2nd Alioth isn't not needed as much as ar, cause we have stealth cards. this opens up all the maps in the game.

what would probably be better is if there was an major expansion of the moon maps to become real chain maps.

Would be cool, but they'll add a whole new chain before they do that.

A moon outpost would be cool though. Have a real 'Moon Captain'.

bgayz
January 4th, 2010, 11:38 PM
alioth would need a safe channel:rolleyes:

Shuffl3z
January 4th, 2010, 11:54 PM
DC.
Slope port - if u can't add a channel to Slope port for BCU then add some ****ing ground mobs at orina.
Barren land.

JKRevan
January 5th, 2010, 12:17 AM

yea, th emoon maps need some loving =)

Trollpoke
January 5th, 2010, 01:09 AM

you mean captain fortress eopi. :awsum:

Havok
January 5th, 2010, 01:28 AM
Turks make me want a new Alioth channel :V

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/bindin/?action=view&current=TURKS.jpg

kinda fuzzy so u cant read some stuff,but...you get the idea :S lol

"AKRON, UR EYES ON UR ASS? TURKS DONT KSER"
"HAVOK YS MY BAD FRYEND SHE ALWAYS EAT MY C***"
BUTUN TURKLER
CAPTAYN AKRON EAT MY C***

hehehehe lawl

Polysaccharide
January 5th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Aw I think they like you. Huddling around you to protect you from the invading alioth mobs. No one would like to see you get hurt. They would love to meat shield you from the mobs. And even more, help you kill faster.

Havok
January 5th, 2010, 01:40 AM
aw i think they like you. Huddling around you to protect you from the invading alioth mobs. No one would like to see you get hurt. They would love to meat shield you from the mobs. And even more, help you kill faster.

Buton TURKLERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! PUMPKYN KYNG! TURK KYNG OF BCU!!!

redrangers
January 5th, 2010, 01:57 AM
Hmm. If you add more Combat Zones on some map. How are we going to destroy the Sp?

SNRII
January 5th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Chaos / Slope / DC (DC WALL is ALWAYS takin :() / Barren / Denebola / Alioth
Like everything that Omgnaro said
PLZ give me moooorrrrrrr DC WAAALLLZZZ

Have Fun!

Bump: Chaos / Slope / DC (DC WALL is ALWAYS takin :() / Barren / Denebola / Alioth

Have Fun!

Bump: Chaos / Slope / DC (DC WALL is ALWAYS takin :() / Barren / Denebola / Alioth

Have Fun!

Bump: wtf.. i justed bumped it 2 times... and idk how I did it..

Arturia Pendragon
January 5th, 2010, 05:02 AM

Then we could start calling the owner of the outpost sailor moon (or someone would probably rename to that and hold it 24/7).

Screwing around asid, it might actually be a BAD idea. Could you imagine just chillin in alioth...then BAM! A whole brig shows up...not that it doesnt happen already...ehhhhh **** it. Lets bother the korean code monkeys for it, since all they're doing is making a crapton of useless slot armors anyways.

Mr.Ken
January 5th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Bark city, Chaos, Dimension collider in my eyes.

Arturia Pendragon
January 5th, 2010, 05:24 AM
Bark city, Chaos, Dimension collider in my eyes.

HMMM...that just gave me an interesting idea...what if all the maps were connected? Might be interesting to link ID to bark or something, and maybe have warps to respective moon maps above relic/RL.

Just something to throw out there.

AnimaxSquareCow
January 5th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Thats so Funny to hear "gimme another safe Wall" :V QQ
srsly.....bgays can Grind everywhere :ehh:

what about more Maps for Barren yea? Cuz the robenia respawn Sux rly ^^

Nozah
January 5th, 2010, 09:20 AM
HMMM...that just gave me an interesting idea...what if all the maps were connected? Might be interesting to link ID to bark or something, and maybe have warps to respective moon maps above relic/RL.

Sunken City > ID > Chaos > moon > DC > FF

and give luminem its own warp :awsum:

Pinoyisthenewblack
January 5th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Randomize the spawn in the wall already...

on-topic: What's the reasoning of multiple battle channels? <.<

FenderJazz
January 5th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Hmm. If you add more Combat Zones on some map. How are we going to destroy the Sp?

I would imagine that the SPs would only spawn in Channel 0.

IronlEye
January 6th, 2010, 08:49 AM
lol if there were a second battle zone... and the sp spawn only in channel 0.. that means every ani can go trough the other battle zone and go backstab the sp map...

BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cessna81E
January 6th, 2010, 09:31 AM
2 battle zone channels during SPs would make it tough to drag a BigBoom through, wouldn't it?

Shuffl3z
January 6th, 2010, 11:12 AM
2 battle zone channels during SPs would make it tough to drag a BigBoom through, wouldn't it?
no , it wont

Hydro.
January 6th, 2010, 08:44 PM
no , it wont

Yes, it will.

Ever try drag BB'ing your own maps?

I thought you had a chance of intelligence before, thank you for wisping that notion away.

Proxy
January 6th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Yes, it will.

Ever try drag BB'ing your own maps?

I thought you had a chance of intelligence before, thank you for wisping that notion away.

I lost the notion when he told me that he had bought a higher level of fire shot on my gear, all because powerofbad said he should. Also, crowded maps? Prelude... ahhaha.

Ad-man
January 6th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Ill just give input on this, no fooling around here.

Maps to add extra channels:
Island Dream Chain (People always hogging good grind in all maps on that chain)
Denebola/Castor Chain (Again, mostly because of Alioth, people take the grind spots)
Barren Land (All high level people come here, because of its limited channels, everyone is KSing each other)

Thanks for listening! =D

ApocryphaB
January 6th, 2010, 09:50 PM
If you add 2 battle channels, it's 2 more ways of getting into an MS/SP map. No to that. You guys are thinking of more war when the forces will be split causing a really bad imbalance to whichever side has the most in that map.

Shuffl3z
January 6th, 2010, 10:15 PM
I lost the notion when he told me that he had bought a higher level of fire shot on my gear, all because powerofbad said he should. Also, crowded maps? Prelude... ahhaha.
Hey i said i am sorry :< ill get def card for infected if u want.

MadameArsenic
January 7th, 2010, 12:27 AM

I believe he meant that these maps are the ones that are a bit crowded, and I would agree with him.

Chaos tends to be crowded with grinders, especially on the safe channel, which causes problems with KSing and the like. Adding another safe channel on the safe space chain would be a good idea, and a rather easy modification. And with concern to space, the moon maps tend to be crowded in the same way. I understand why the devs chose to keep the Eopi chain entirely battle zones, but why create a safe chain for Chaos and not Eopi, when most of Eopi can be grinded at lower levels? It is much too easy for a nation leader to create a form and farm Lv 40-60 gears in the first and second Eopi maps.

As for the main battle chain, I believe the devs have alleviated any overcrowding problems with additional safe channels. It may be true that the Combat Zones become overcrowded during SPs, wars, etc., but this is a vital aspect of warring gameplay dynamics. Introducing another battle channel on the main battle chain would be disastrous. Instead, I would propose what someone else suggested: creating some kind of chain, beside Rock's Nest, that went through the main battle chain. Since the developers most likely will not construct another map to facilitate this, perhaps existing maps can be linked, such as Violence Blizzard to Sunken City; something like that. These maps are barely used, since they're retained for aesthetic value and mission objectives. If these were used in any way, this would spread players over maps a little bit more.

DarkWuIf
January 7th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Maps that seem crowded:

Alioth
Island Dream
Barren

ALSO, the idea posted above about linking SunkenCity to ViolentBlizzard is kinda nifty. That would give me my wars in VB back that I want so badly...

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8093/whosasadpandabymoochach.jpg

IronlEye
January 7th, 2010, 12:30 PM
if they link VB to SC... its sooo broken for ms's and ninja an sp:(

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWVWWWWW
January 7th, 2010, 12:33 PM
I have to agree on most of this. I cant grind DC wall with my igay :( but chaos gets way too crowded way too often. As for BL? been there once to see it and saw several people from both sides.

MadameArsenic
January 7th, 2010, 07:20 PM
if they link VB to SC... its sooo broken for ms's and ninja an sp:(

I agree with you on this aspect, since VB is much further into ANI territory than Sunken is into BCU territory. However, it would still be beneficial to somehow exercise using these side maps to spread players over more maps to lighten the load on the server.

But really, these days, the most crowded maps tend to be the ones that are grinded by players around Lv 50-70, such as the Chaos chain and Eopi chain, and I still think creating a safe chain for Eopi would be beneficial in this respect.

MrNice
January 9th, 2010, 09:33 AM
most high lvl maps cant hold a full form of any gears.
for example ff is way overcrowded with 3igs and 1 ag.

PlazmaZ10
January 9th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I have to agree on most of this. I cant grind DC wall with my igay :( but chaos gets way too crowded way too often. As for BL? been there once to see it and saw several people from both sides.
nvm delete this

Trollpoke
January 9th, 2010, 11:30 AM
I agree with you on this aspect, since VB is much further into ANI territory than Sunken is into BCU territory. However, it would still be beneficial to somehow exercise using these side maps to spread players over more maps to lighten the load on the server.

But really, these days, the most crowded maps tend to be the ones that are grinded by players around Lv 50-70, such as the Chaos chain and Eopi chain, and I still think creating a safe chain for Eopi would be beneficial in this respect.

there ARE other maps for 50-70.

like all the pandea mission maps. if anything, allow open access to those mission maps though the warp shop.

DarkWuIf
January 9th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Yea Pandea chain is win for grinding. A good change of scenery coupled with decent XP and LOLWTF goldie spawns... oh, and def/eva cards are a plus too.

boxo
January 10th, 2010, 08:16 PM
EchoSaviour;62685']This is all theoretical as we're still testing to see if it is possible.

But basically players in the enemy nation would be able to pick which battle channel they enter.

how would more than 1 battle channel effect ms?

TheRealGB
January 12th, 2010, 04:19 AM
just throwing this idea out there

How about the losing nation in terms of MS record, SP Record, Outpost Record, and to an extent, NCP, from the past month gets an extra safe channel in the major grind maps. For example, since BCU has been losing on Prelude for some time now, BCU would have a safe Barren Land, safe alioth, an extra safe DC wall, safe castor/polaris, wherever else people grind.

Maybe the whole month would be too long of a time period for this, rather look at it on a week-to-week basis and GMs switch control of these maps at weekly maint or something.

Would allow for the losing nation to grind in-peace and level up thus giving it an opportunity to correct the balance on the server without GM transfers, thus addressing another topic on this forum, the Balance Thread.

Shuffl3z
January 12th, 2010, 10:46 AM
just throwing this idea out there

How about the losing nation in terms of MS record, SP Record, Outpost Record, and to an extent, NCP, from the past month gets an extra safe channel in the major grind maps. For example, since BCU has been losing on Prelude for some time now, BCU would have a safe Barren Land, safe alioth, an extra safe DC wall, safe castor/polaris, wherever else people grind.

Maybe the whole month would be too long of a time period for this, rather look at it on a week-to-week basis and GMs switch control of these maps at weekly maint or something.

Would allow for the losing nation to grind in-peace and level up thus giving it an opportunity to correct the balance on the server without GM transfers, thus addressing another topic on this forum, the Balance Thread.
one time when i was on in my bg , i grinded 1% when an SP spwon and it lasted for like 30~40min before BCU kill it just becoz there was no one at BL map lol. oh and BG's at lvl 88 can do more than 10% EXP per day using only POL and plvl set.

Nwah
January 12th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Remove the ID safe chain. Yay for moar war.

BookiRetro
January 14th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Orina - ALL DAY LONG! Seriously the only time Orina is not crowded is when an MS spawns.... **** even with a SP theres always people in that map.

Antares
January 17th, 2010, 02:55 AM
EchoSaviour']Can players list which maps are going through overcrowding and at which times of days?
I see no crowding in any map at any particular time of day that adversly affects my enjoyment of the game.

EchoSaviour']Also we're testing to see if the channels added can be Combat Zones instead of Safe Zones.

If this means LESS safe zones, great idea. If this means NO safe zones, excellent idea. If this simply means more zones, horrible idea.

As qualification for the above, I offer that part of the joy of this game is the struggle, and also how often maps are entirely empty.

hoyt123
January 17th, 2010, 05:29 AM
how about a second channel of barren land sence grinding past88 is so popular these days the map does get a little hard to grind in with a full form from both nations in there

raye2
January 21st, 2010, 10:21 PM
op op op op , we need more maps that drop the def/eva cards

Lokasenna
January 21st, 2010, 11:16 PM
op op op op , we need more maps that drop the def/eva cards

http://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=6133
mmm no thx :o

Trollpoke
January 22nd, 2010, 12:43 AM
how about a second channel of barren land sence grinding past88 is so popular these days the map does get a little hard to grind in with a full form from both nations in there

then how would you camp people out of barrens? :awsum:

Polysaccharide
January 22nd, 2010, 05:00 AM
He could just have an MG in each channel, each time they change he gets coh'd and continues to farm.

Elcastor
January 22nd, 2010, 09:08 AM
we needs moare maps for id!!!!!!!!!!

me keeps getting ksers out of the blue!!
me hates eet!!!

#&$*@&@#^@#%!&#(@$&@#$^&!*#()^!*^#!

Dragonessz
January 14th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Barren Lands.....
I'm loosing more kits warring than farming ;( Getting pushed down to use C-Types

But if you're going to add more channels into the Pandea chain maps, how are the SP's going to work?
ie: 2 Battle channels in Slope? 2 SPs or 1 SP and have a mg coh form in the other channel so going either Gjert warp or Portsmouth warp wouldn't be a difference.

SG
January 16th, 2011, 08:49 AM
We just need more maps V:
Like an entire new map-chain in Sunken and VB, containing mobs up to lvl 9x?
Safe and battle channels, new bosses, more missions D:
qq

ToKnowMe
January 20th, 2011, 11:47 PM
I say definitely BL/moon maps(especially allioth)/DC Wall/Slope and make a warp to LV why don't you

As for more combat channels>that's stupid. Instead make a new HH during the no HH hour that u get something good for getting kms like wps to inspire more bark/ID wars. The higher the kms lvl the more wps, so like a WC would be worth like 50wps or something like that.

Get people to actually PvP, not grind all dam day and only know how to camp.

Dragonessz
January 26th, 2011, 10:29 AM
If kms worth some WP...would have maybe 200k now? 0-o

Maybe another idea?:
Make a seperate, non-linked channel(s) through pandea maps. Similar to ID and ID(Safe) (where you can't enter LV or see ANI).
(optional): No HH in the (safe)maps / Less goldie

TheCrusade
February 6th, 2011, 07:54 AM
When are we getting more channels in BL? It's impossible to grind without ksing given that there are 10+ people squeezed into a map and also the constant aggros... QQ

Dragonessz
February 9th, 2011, 10:15 AM
*cough*KsingTurks*cough* I've moved from BL now ;/ just because people like to pick on me for a war...

BullTank
February 13th, 2011, 01:02 AM
having multiple channels in BL would actually give me a reason to grind in BL. I could possibly have my favorite spots when i actually feel like grinding

Scribbin
February 13th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Not a fan of making multiple BL channels. High level maps should be competitive places to grind.

TheRealGB
February 14th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Not a fan of making multiple BL channels. High level maps should be competitive places to grind.

This. After all, the game is a PVP game. If you are a high level, you should be able to fight for your spot.

TheCrusade
February 19th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Any response from GMs?

TheCrusade
February 20th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Current Situation in Barren Land: Exp HH has turned into war HH... Go on, troll me ANIs :D

KilledByAccident
August 14th, 2012, 10:02 AM
so nothing was done

Xjmas
August 14th, 2012, 11:25 AM
no this was implemented for about a month before the next lead was chosen and then it was never seen again.