PDA

View Full Version : Healer info request

Uimori
August 7th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Hello all,
I'm a newbie poster, but I tend to stalk to forums from time to time.

Anyways, I was wondering about Dawn Prophet vs Sun Commissioner. The English wiki is a bit lacking in details, the Japanese wiki only really gives vague skill descriptions, and the old forums went poof! So... I can't really seem to find any information about the practicality of these 2 classes.

My game play will revolve around duo leveling at the core, so I do not need to worry about soloing. I was still wondering which is the better all around healer. Basically, will I be able to keep people alive reliably in these situations as either DP or SC: world PvE, instances, raids (if they exist :confused:), and of course PvP.

I ask this because the random remaining information that I read points to SC being the better direct healer, but I've seen people say that DP is actually better. And since I didn't actually get very far when originally playing, I wanted to get the opinions of people who actually had hands on experience with dealing with or playing as these classes.

Thank you for your time. :)

PuellaLH
August 7th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Honestly? There have been many OP SC's and although its mostly a supporting class, it is also quite deadly depending on your build and equips. Its not all dependent on the actual class itself. For this I would go SC because the class is both reliable in damage and in support. Dp's are good also but me being myself, I much prefer the Sun Commissioner.

KatharineLH
August 7th, 2013, 07:59 AM
I was a DP and had the same problem when I was considering whether to choose between the two because basically the priests class in my opinion is the only one where both choices are really balanced.

DP is more a jack of all trades character without being good at anything. It has heals, buffs, damage, revives, debuffs, and steals mana but at no point really is it outstandingly good at any of the above. They do have a useful debuff that can increase crit damage done by up to 100% at high levels (50% at low levels) and their heals are over time. Basically theres two heals that are over time which are pretty much the only ones you'll use. Then there's a instatenous heal but it's fairly weak.

On the other hand SC has the aoe heals and has really good heals that are not over time. They also do have buffs and auras while having decent damage although in my opinion not as strong as DPs. They have a strong damage dealer however if I remember right theres a 21 second time period where you have to wait for the damage to be dealt - but it is a lot of damage. They also have access to the full heal skill which has an enormous cooldown time but it is useful when someone is about to die.

Hope this helps let me know if you need any other info.

Uimori
August 7th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Awesome...thanks for the replies. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something that becomes obvious when actually playing the class...something like SC runs out of mana very quickly making it useless. Or something like that. And since I'll have a dps duoing with me all the time, I don't have to worry about damage and can freely aim for SC :).

As a follow up...I'm a big fan of using my own zodiac sign. Which in this case I know it means my potential will not be maxed. However, I was wondering is it really a huge issue in the long run? My zodiac happens to be libra, so I figured defensive zodiac on a healer might not be a bad thing....but I might have to reconsider if it's a serious gimp later. Any further information on this?

Thanks again. :COOL:

Owra
August 7th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Well, I'm a former Dawn Prophet class. I agree with Puella about Sun Commisioner an overpowered class. However, in my own opinion, SC (Sun Commisioner) are real useful on team combats which makes them invincible at most of times. I rarely saw SC on solo combat though. So I can't give out much info about it. Like Katharine said, SC really have good healing skills

As for Dawn Prophet, more like a buffer types. However...this class doesn't have much of useful buff except the unlimited HP buff and 1min 2x defense increase. But this name have alot of healing skills but it is more likely overtime. Don't worry, these skill allow you stack it. For normal heal, to give maximum potential, you have to use Advance Element Soul. Another things, this class are much more for a solo types since this class have high survival possibilities with help of buff though. Oh I forgot, this class also have high magic critical damage. There's a skill where some player class with rather overpowered. Once they use this skill with critical hit, you're dead for sure

However, everything depends how you play these two classes. The systems sets these class with their own special abilities, it is up to us the players, to enhance it. And it is my own opinion though ^^;

KatharineLH
August 7th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Libra is a defensive class and I honestly think it will work just fine with you being an SC. I usuaslly base what zodiac I choose based on the level 15 and 35 skills.

Level 15 for Libra increases physical, air, and fire defense by 20K points - useful if you're getting the monster aggro in PvE or if people are targetting you first in PvP. It covers the main damages from the MFEs as well so thats good careful for those gunners that can pierce defenses though. Whose gonna heal the others if the healer is dead right? the drawback however is that you have 100% less crit damage (so half your original) which since heals don't crit shouldn't be a problem

Note it's only for 30 - 45 seconds depending on level and 20K points pretty much makes you almost unable to die.

Level 35 blocks all enemies skills for some time (not players) - useless in PvP but may be useful in PvE dependent on what monster you're fighting.

Also the SC heals are a lot better suited for PvP than the DP heals are. The DP heals are overtime and basically the damage on someone will happen so fast that the heals won't have time to take effect - as a DP in PvP didn't even bother trying to heal people mid fight.

Uimori
August 7th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Thanks...you guys have been a big help!

The only other thing I can think of that I couldn't find too much information on is the crafting system. I'm pretty sure I'll be aiming for alchemy or card design since it usually doesn't hurt to have extra potions or buffs.

I was basically wondering, was there a particular lack in presence of either of these before? Also are both of these viable? I've played plenty of games...so I've run into some where certain professions are just plain useless.

Owra
August 7th, 2013, 09:04 AM
that's true lol. DP more likely run away during PvP. Using a DP, you have to do hit and run during PvP (always did that)
well...alchemy and card design are highly request among players. Alchemy could produce alot of increase stats potions. Card Design could create buff. Both craft are pretty good for mage

KatharineLH
August 7th, 2013, 09:10 AM
You basically have over half the people in the whole entire game go into either tailor or blacksmith with which the OEM board isn't needed (letting anyone use your crafting skill so long as you post it) however if you're the first one to get a recipe it kinda sucks not being able to put it up and charge a fee for it. Outside of that Jewelry and Card making are really needed and not too many people usually do those crafts. Cards are really useful especially the casting speed cards (for MFEs and SCs) and the increase in crit chance cards fire for example (for MFEs and DPs).

I'm not too sure about alchemy it is something thats needed in pvp to make sure you're fully buffed and heal yourself mid fight, but at lower levels most people just get stuff from the bakery to heal and don't waste money trying to buff themselves.

Uimori
August 7th, 2013, 09:20 AM
hahaha...it's funny that you mention MFE since my fiancee will most likely be leveling that...So I guess that will make me a Libra SC with card design :COOL:

Once again, thanks for all the information and help. Now just need the game to come back... which progress has been looking so much better than it did a few months ago!

HALLEA
August 7th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Wow im so late to the party there's nothing left to eat XD, everything they said is spot on and you should be perfectly fine and very useful in game and pvp being a libra sc with card craft. The only thing can add i guess is that Pisces is known the best zodica for any healer because of there ability to avoid damage well and regen out of battle but like Kat said a defensive zod should be fine if you really love that zod (i was always more loyal to my real zod then caring about its class advantage lol)

MisakaRinLH
August 7th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Looks like most of its been said already, but I played as an MFE first then as a SC in a second chara, I actually enjoyed playing as SC more and I find they can be very good in battle as well as heal. Sadly in JP LH they starve them of MP so badly, you can kick ass like crazy for a minute or 2 then you have to wait for your MP to recovery before you can do anything. Thats the main thing I want to check in Suba's beta test, if they have balanced the MP properly in the advanced magical classes. As its a major frustration in JP. I still prefer SC for their attacks (divine fire, frigid bolt, judgement) over a DP, but I've not played a DP so only going by the on-paper stats.

KaoruLH
August 7th, 2013, 02:06 PM
The coolest arrive the party late :COOL: XDD

Anyway, I'm also wondering myself either to go sc or dp, because based on my leveling experience I never had any problems on healing ppl during parties/dungeons, plus my damage was rlly ok and I never had to use any mana pot during the whole game. Heal only sucked during gvg, but I did it only once and really dont plan on going for pvp again, lol.

Am just in doubt of how much SC is better as a healer, but I probably wont be trading the never needing mana, having the crit debuff, b-rez, and the rest utillity things dp has xD
oh! and sucking the mana out of mfe at marriages were my favorite part 8D nothing makes a mage angrier than having the mana drained xD

but yeah, I've been killed in a matter of seconds to an OP SC, and I've seen the, soloing, its like dot(damage over time), dot, dot, then heal urself until all mobs are dead, which is very deadly xD.

So, its exactly what ppl said, it only depends on what way you want to play. The only exception there is the "pvp healer", which I would recommend SC xD and I agree def zodi shall be fine with heals, after all using zodi during dungeons for me was for the only purpose of staying alive when all the adds are going to gang on you ( on pisces, shrinking so they cant see me :D)

MisakaRinLH
August 7th, 2013, 03:17 PM
The coolest arrive the party late :COOL: XDD

Anyway, I'm also wondering myself either to go sc or dp, because based on my leveling experience I never had any problems on healing ppl during parties/dungeons, plus my damage was rlly ok and I never had to use any mana pot during the whole game. Heal only sucked during gvg, but I did it only once and really dont plan on going for pvp again, lol.

Am just in doubt of how much SC is better as a healer, but I probably wont be trading the never needing mana, having the crit debuff, b-rez, and the rest utillity things dp has xD
oh! and sucking the mana out of mfe at marriages were my favorite part 8D nothing makes a mage angrier than having the mana drained xD

but yeah, I've been killed in a matter of seconds to an OP SC, and I've seen the, soloing, its like dot(damage over time), dot, dot, then heal urself until all mobs are dead, which is very deadly xD.

So, its exactly what ppl said, it only depends on what way you want to play. The only exception there is the "pvp healer", which I would recommend SC xD and I agree def zodi shall be fine with heals, after all using zodi during dungeons for me was for the only purpose of staying alive when all the adds are going to gang on you ( on pisces, shrinking so they cant see me :D)

You reminded me of something I've done a couple of times as SC, one time in Argos Bay, I was fighting the big pirate mobs, I'd just killed one mob, then another spawned on me, I tired to move out but couldn't - it was too late. So I had to fight them. I was loosing HP like crazy, all I could do was run away a bit, but then got a load of mics on me too, so now I had no chance. All I could do was keep pressing heal on me, as soon as it finished, do it again, then again. I managed to get a tiny amount of HP ahead, so I used divine fire on one of them. Then back to heal and heal. The divine fire burns them slowly, but eventually killed one, that one less enemy meant I was taking a little less damage, so I Divine fired the next, then heal again and again. This lasted for 10 minutes and I barely survived, but I did. That was probably he most awesome thing my chara has achieved yet. Everyone was like, there's no way you going to live with that many on you. I was there to revive them, so I had to live xD.

I've also done a SAO Kirito moment too, I was fighting some other mob and when I finally killed it, my HP was at 1. That was before the update however, now when you get low HP it flashes the screen red and I don't think it lets you go down to 1, it just kills you anyway.

KaoruLH
August 7th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Oh.. idk about that update thing xD
But yeah, it seems fun to solo as a SC, I like how you can take many mobs at same time xD. With dp I'd usually use the crit debuff, flame orbs for strong single target, then put a DOT and go for the next mob, which gets boring xD

ooh and forgot to mention, even tho DP is good with HOT's, in dungeons I usually mostly spammad AOE heal, since ours is weaker you can spam it for a low coast of mana during the simple healing when damage is not that high (and it looks awesome XDD)

MinosTears
August 8th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Both Sc and DP are really good. Personally I love Sc more jsut cause I played it. But both classes are good in both healing and dps. SC by itself, has alot better heals. Their heals go up to lv 6 or 7 while DP go to lv 4. They also get a better aegis shield. DP have amazing omens to suck MP and for crit dmg that alot of people want. They also have good buffs that increase your hp for 1k (i think) or make you a bit more tanky. SC can full heal people but it has a 10 minutes cd, but DP can resurrect in battle (idk the cd for this one). In terms of dmg, if you build it right, both classes can do alot. I've hit a 14k crit before on just Divine Fire. I knew a DP who was really op. She hit 40k crits and alot of people thought she was hacking because of it.

Lucent Heart Bossing Video Part 1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVCkQYuxcaw) Video I made of me and my friends. Soloed Tyrant as a SC, but then again i was 10 levels above it and had way too many buffs lolol.
Hope this helps xD

Nikito1489
August 8th, 2013, 08:38 PM
I prefer Dawn Prophets for duo, because of the omen of misfortune (increases critical hit damage), omen of consumption (drains mana from enemy and transfers to you), physical barrier (increases physical defense) and HoTs (heal over time) and also less work, you just cast 2 skills on all members of the party and if you have decent eq, usually that is enough to keep the whole party alive, if needed you also have an instant cast heal and one that casts for 2-3s, forgot. Also once you hit lvl 65 you will get an awesome aoe skill and with HoTs and physical barrier you can lure mobs and aoe them til they die, im not sure if SC can do that.

*someone give a complete review of an SC, because if i post what i think it will be biased, haha and i didnt get to play an SC.*

also jade (AmekazekoivppBF) you're jade right? who was the one hitting 40k crit? haha also im not sure if you're jade XD my memory is foggy

Edit : also as a healer you will tank quite frequently because healing someone who aggroes mob will get you hate points and mobs that he didnt hit yet (sometimes they go in groups of 2-3) or accidentally lured will attack you.

MinosTears
August 8th, 2013, 11:03 PM
I prefer Dawn Prophets for duo, because of the omen of misfortune (increases critical hit damage), omen of consumption (drains mana from enemy and transfers to you), physical barrier (increases physical defense) and HoTs (heal over time) and also less work, you just cast 2 skills on all members of the party and if you have decent eq, usually that is enough to keep the whole party alive, if needed you also have an instant cast heal and one that casts for 2-3s, forgot. Also once you hit lvl 65 you will get an awesome aoe skill and with HoTs and physical barrier you can lure mobs and aoe them til they die, im not sure if SC can do that.

*someone give a complete review of an SC, because if i post what i think it will be biased, haha and i didnt get to play an SC.*

also jade (AmekazekoivppBF) you're jade right? who was the one hitting 40k crit? haha also im not sure if you're jade XD my memory is foggy

Edit : also as a healer you will tank quite frequently because healing someone who aggroes mob will get you hate points and mobs that he didnt hit yet (sometimes they go in groups of 2-3) or accidentally lured will attack you.

Yeah its Jade XD And I think her name was Seraphynx. I dont exactly remember but her name started with an S. And DP has alot better over time heals thats true. You can lure mobs and aoe as SC. My most favorite thing to do actually Lol. During lv 65 dailies, I would agro 2-3 lions at once and just aoe. Harder to do with the leprechauns though.

Faiiy
August 10th, 2013, 05:06 AM
A little late, but let me add my $0.02. Note that I played both classes to 50, but my experience is limited to Tyrant and a few dungeons for both classes. There are others who could have had problems where I didn't, or didn't have problems where I did, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

I also stopped playing not too long after the game fully released, due to various reasons. So things might have changed.

Bosses: I honestly found Tyrant much more easier with my DP than my SC. One of the DP buffs (forgot the name) lowers aggro gain on the character, so the boss tends to focus on the tank more often. This makes healing, obviously, much easier to deal with. Also, it's very easy to cast your HoTs on all the characters and then attack the boss, or focus on recovering MP (with the MP drain or whatnot). I rarely had to worry about characters dying, even at a low level for the boss run. Their PDEF buff also helped out when the tank was in trouble (but of course, that doesn't help against magic bosses, and probably doesn't scale well?).

Doing Tyrant as an SC was a very different experience for me. Without the aggro buff, the boss was more prone to attacking the mages and rangers, which took my time away from healing the tank. My Aegis, the shield that SCs get (and which is boss in PvE and PvP) was destroyed in 2-3 hits, which didn't help out much. And I found that I was eating through MP like mad. Of course, I wasn't used to using MP pots since I had recently switched from a DP, who could just drain MP. And while my AoE heal was higher level than a DPs, the others weren't usually bunched close enough for me to use it effectively (which is more of a bad party issue).

Dungeons:Dungeons, for me, was a reversal of the boss issue. I found that it was harder for me to keep some of my party members alive since I relied on HoTs instead of the plain heal (which I realized later). On the flip side, dungeons were much easier as an SC, because I had a stronger basic heal (I think that's the name?). Aegis also helped out a lot on the regular mobs, especially when mobs aggroed to me or some other squishy.

Ehh, I'm not too sure where I'm going. But here are some things I learned anyways:
-If you go SC, don't always use the max level basic heal, because cast time increases as level increases. I think a 2 sec cast time is pretty good to stick with.
-If you go DP, don't be afraid to use your basic heal(? right name?), which I understand is still effective. Correct me if I'm wrong.
-ALWAYS bring pots. I used to dungeon with an SC who never healed his MP (I was a Nova at the time), and would always run when being attacked. I can't tell you how frustrating it is having an SC who doesn't use MP healing items.
-On that note, I would bring MP pots AND MP healing cards (which heal over time). MP pots have a bit of a large cooldown, so if I was burning through MP and I was on CD, I used a card. Between the two, I was able to keep my MP up.
-Also on that note, being an alchemist or card designer is a great help for healers. Both craft HP/MP healing items (though people like pots more) and the buffs for both crafts are VERY useful. I look at it like this: pots tend to increase your stats (STR+, INT+, SPI+, etc), while cards tended to increase your.. uh.. other things (Crit chance, ASPD!!!! [also affects cast speed], etc.)

And I guess for zodiacs.. I personally loved Pisces, as others mentioned. When you used your zodiac armor, they had an ability that shrunk your character. While shrunk, you were untargetable(!!!!), but could still heal other characters. Note that if you use an attack spell, you instantly unshrink. (Also note that the SC's most damaging skill, the one with the ~20sec delay, will -NOT- unshrink you). The level 15 skill gives you a lot of evade, which is helpful and noticeable, but won't make you dodge every single hit.

I also heard of a lot of Taurus SC's, who get a handful of HP/MP recovery skills. Helps for tanking AND the SC's MP issues, but is risky.. because it'll (for example) take away 30% of your HP/MP and recovery 60% of your HP/MP as a HoT.

Finally, I had a Cancer and I LOVED it. In zodiac armor, you take no damage from crits (!!) and their level 15 skill gives you a lot of defense. REALLY helps with tankiness.

Again, take everything with a grain of salt. It's been a while since I last played, and I might've forgotten some stuff. Hope it helps though.

Jinule
August 14th, 2013, 08:38 PM
After having experienced both forms of healer, though never really solo (I had a Templar with Galaxy sage and Sun Commissioner by the end):

Regular killing (or dailies): I find DP functioning more useful soloing, but they both work equally well in parties. With a Galaxy Sage in the party, it does make their MP drain skill obsolete, though it does help any knights/gunners deal extra damage. As for SC, the Psyche's Greater Heal skill takes so long after Lv.3, it's not worth upgrading it past that point (unless you decide to Aegis a knight first, which is pointless unless fighting Very Strong or harder).

Dungeons: Both are useful in different ways in this case. DPs have an amazing heal that can act as a brilliant life-saver (since it only heals if their target's HP is below 40%) and have two Heal-over-time skills which can stack (Aegis also helps amplify the HP healed). Omen of Misfortune also helps here, especially on targets that are stunned or under a Solar Guardian's AoE debuff. SCs have a harder time with their basic heal, but their AoE heal works just as good (though a Galaxy Sage will need to watch the SCs MP if one is present), and their 21-second countdown water attack is insane if the target is hit with as many fire spells as possible.

Bosses: I honestly don't remember much about this, but SCs with a Galaxy Sage are amazing when faced with these. The Sage's Invoker's Aura impressively amplifies their Psyche's Greater Heal (and since Aegis is guaranteed to be used, cast time is not much of an issue). Just like in dungeons, Divine Judgement can boast impressive damage under fire-related debuffs. DPs, on the other hand, don't boast as much healing ability as SCs, though draining MP from the boss limits the amount of times they can use their attacks, which can make it easier. They also have many attacks that work like a chain reaction (due to elemental defense reductions). Like in dungeons, DPs with their Shock of Vitality can be a life-saver.

Nikito1489
August 15th, 2013, 07:06 PM
After having experienced both forms of healer, though never really solo (I had a Templar with Galaxy sage and Sun Commissioner by the end):

Regular killing (or dailies): I find DP functioning more useful soloing, but they both work equally well in parties. With a Galaxy Sage in the party, it does make their MP drain skill obsolete, though it does help any knights/gunners deal extra damage. As for SC, the Psyche's Greater Heal skill takes so long after Lv.3, it's not worth upgrading it past that point (unless you decide to Aegis a knight first, which is pointless unless fighting Very Strong or harder).

Dungeons: Both are useful in different ways in this case. DPs have an amazing heal that can act as a brilliant life-saver (since it only heals if their target's HP is below 40%) and have two Heal-over-time skills which can stack (Aegis also helps amplify the HP healed). Omen of Misfortune also helps here, especially on targets that are stunned or under a Solar Guardian's AoE debuff. SCs have a harder time with their basic heal, but their AoE heal works just as good (though a Galaxy Sage will need to watch the SCs MP if one is present), and their 21-second countdown water attack is insane if the target is hit with as many fire spells as possible.

Bosses: I honestly don't remember much about this, but SCs with a Galaxy Sage are amazing when faced with these. The Sage's Invoker's Aura impressively amplifies their Psyche's Greater Heal (and since Aegis is guaranteed to be used, cast time is not much of an issue). Just like in dungeons, Divine Judgement can boast impressive damage under fire-related debuffs. DPs, on the other hand, don't boast as much healing ability as SCs, though draining MP from the boss limits the amount of times they can use their attacks, which can make it easier. They also have many attacks that work like a chain reaction (due to elemental defense reductions). Like in dungeons, DPs with their Shock of Vitality can be a life-saver.

1. GS mana transfer has 6 secs cd.
2. I dont find shock of vitality useful. I only use it to remove sleep from my teammates, because if you are a decent DP, you will always put HoTs on them when needed which will keep their hp up.
3. SC's timed attack isnt that strong, compared to the damage your other party member can deal in that 21s time period, i dont know why so many people are over rating it.
4. Bosses have hundreds of thousands if not millions of mana, impossible to drain them all or even to limit the skills they use.

Jinule
August 17th, 2013, 06:29 PM
1. GS mana transfer has 6 secs cd.
2. I dont find shock of vitality useful. I only use it to remove sleep from my teammates, because if you are a decent DP, you will always put HoTs on them when needed which will keep their hp up.
3. SC's timed attack isnt that strong, compared to the damage your other party member can deal in that 21s time period, i dont know why so many people are over rating it.
4. Bosses have hundreds of thousands if not millions of mana, impossible to drain them all or even to limit the skills they use.

1. By the time the MP healed is used up, it'll have been re-usable three times over.
Or to put it another way, when the cooldown is complete, only a fraction of the MP healed will have be used. This excludes MFEs and SGs.
2. If I remember right, neither HoT have a cooldown, so you have a point here.
3. It can at least give some bonus damage while the SC is healing.
4. While you do have a point, it is possible to limit their skills as much as possible with stunning skills.

Nikito1489
August 17th, 2013, 10:44 PM
1. By the time the MP healed is used up, it'll have been re-usable three times over.
Or to put it another way, when the cooldown is complete, only a fraction of the MP healed will have be used. This excludes MFEs and SGs.
2. If I remember right, neither HoT have a cooldown, so you have a point here.
3. It can at least give some bonus damage while the SC is healing.
4. While you do have a point, it is possible to limit their skills as much as possible with stunning skills.

1. Exactly. Only a fraction, instead, you can just use nectar. :P
2. 1 point for me! haha
3. If it is a full party, i think omen of misfortune can give higher damage output vs that SC skill (Note that im talking about lower levels here, for those SC out there xD).
4. All true bosses cant be stunned. (ones with skull icon) *Note that i'm not considering Elite mobs as a boss*

PS : Everyone reading keep an open mind. This is a discussion not an argument :) haha

Jinule
August 18th, 2013, 10:14 PM
1. Exactly. Only a fraction, instead, you can just use nectar. :P
2. 1 point for me! haha
3. If it is a full party, i think omen of misfortune can give higher damage output vs that SC skill (Note that im talking about lower levels here, for those SC out there xD).
4. All true bosses cant be stunned. (ones with skull icon) *Note that i'm not considering Elite mobs as a boss*

1. What use is a nectar when the mana transfer can just be used again? Granted, the GS needs at least one HoT on him/her for the skill to sustain itself. Also, Nectars have a 30 second cooldown while the transfer has 6 seconds plus the transfer skill isn't based on the target's HP% but the user's spellpower.
3. This is coming from Lv54/55 experience, but when that skill's effect is triggered, it knocks off about 15% of a Flame Flower's HP (dungeon-wise).
4. If you mean Hero bosses, then I haven't seen it 'cause I've never fought such a boss. Though I have fought up to Super Strong, which is stunnable.

Nikito1489
August 19th, 2013, 06:13 AM
1. Because you can substitute GS for another class instead. The transfer has a fixed transfer amount, not based on spellpower. GS will only be great in party if its a mage party or if the GS has high spellpower and cast speed. What do you mean targets HP%? o.o Mana transfer only heals mana. Also what started this one is that you said the omen of consumption will be obsolete with GS around, you'll find that its not enough if the healer keeps hots up and really heals.
3. i think at that lvl omen adds like 50% crit hit dmg or 75%. dont remember... i still think its better.

Jinule
August 19th, 2013, 01:16 PM
1. Because you can substitute GS for another class instead. The transfer has a fixed transfer amount, not based on spellpower. GS will only be great in party if its a mage party or if the GS has high spellpower and cast speed. What do you mean targets HP%? o.o Mana transfer only heals mana. Also what started this one is that you said the omen of consumption will be obsolete with GS around, you'll find that its not enough if the healer keeps hots up and really heals.

Just to add some bits of info:

HP% : Referring to the % of HP healed from a nectar (30% of maximum HP), though I did forget to include the MP% too.

fixed amount : Not exactly. In US, it used a fixed amount of HP, added 50% spellpower and turned the resulting value into a target's MP. If I could conjure up a formula for that, it'd be "MP = HP + 0.5s", where s = spellpower.

Omen of consumption: What you failed to notice was the case that I added this point under dailies; you won't need constant healing while doing them unless you run into Very Strong or harder enemies (which is 10% of the time). Also, the HoT's used spellpower too (I think 50% for Psyche's Kiss and 30% for Life Surge) being added onto their respective fixed values.

Mage party: Just in case you forgot, the skill works on knights and gunners (not so much for gunners due to their bullseye) since they use MP for their skills too.

3. i think at that lvl omen adds like 50% crit hit dmg or 75%. dont remember... i still think its better.

Last I checked, at level 3, it was at 100% critical damage. It is rather reliant on stuns and SG AoE skills (or the Templar's Shield self-buff).

Nikito1489
August 19th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Mage party: Just in case you forgot, the skill works on knights and gunners (not so much for gunners due to their bullseye) since they use MP for their skills too.
I'm talking about overall effectiveness. GS will be useful because of their invoker's aura, which will be useless in a gunner party. Instead you can just get another gunner or SG which will boost the DPS of the party.

Last I checked, at level 3, it was at 100% critical damage. It is rather reliant on stuns and SG AoE skills (or the Templar's Shield self-buff).
You said you were talking about lvl 50/55. Its at 50%. Stunning the mobs are not the only way to get criticals, either way you will spam them when they are usable so it doesnt really matter whether it relies on stun or not. There is also guardian's rage and luck.

RukaMency
August 20th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Thank you x) for this post. XD I still liked DP for duoing x.x XD If Raizan was here he would say the same thing.

MintsNursery
August 25th, 2013, 01:18 PM
if you really like to be a full support all the way
there is a skill when you can get activated in lvl 65 zodiac that can heal MP instantly with very fast cool down(counterpart of lvl 1 fire aoe , and idk what its names xD i really forgot),
so as a SC with the zodiac of Taurus it was so very helpful in Dungeons and Bosses, healing their HP and MP as well
its like you had unlimited HP and MP

Shiono
August 26th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Hello all,
I'm a newbie poster, but I tend to stalk to forums from time to time.

Anyways, I was wondering about Dawn Prophet vs Sun Commissioner. The English wiki is a bit lacking in details, the Japanese wiki only really gives vague skill descriptions, and the old forums went poof! So... I can't really seem to find any information about the practicality of these 2 classes.

My game play will revolve around duo leveling at the core, so I do not need to worry about soloing. I was still wondering which is the better all around healer. Basically, will I be able to keep people alive reliably in these situations as either DP or SC: world PvE, instances, raids (if they exist :confused:), and of course PvP.

I ask this because the random remaining information that I read points to SC being the better direct healer, but I've seen people say that DP is actually better. And since I didn't actually get very far when originally playing, I wanted to get the opinions of people who actually had hands on experience with dealing with or playing as these classes.

Thank you for your time. :)

Hello there. I know this comes SUPER late but I guess I'll give you more info about the two classes.
Sun Commissioner - [Lucent Heart] Sun Commissioner by ~BrunaLH on deviantART (http://brunalh.deviantart.com/art/Lucent-Heart-Sun-Commissioner-387276970)
Dawn Prophet - [Lucent Heart] Dawn Prophet by ~BrunaLH on deviantART (http://brunalh.deviantart.com/art/Lucent-Heart-Dawn-Prophet-387276666)