PDA

View Full Version : The official Mecha Armor Poll

Pages : [1] 2

EchoSaviour
September 17th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Vote here! Here's some notes.

1: It's either now or never. Only chance of getting them.
2: We have a say in their stats.
3: We have a say in how they're distributed.
4: They will appear in the next patch if confirmed.

VladTheImplier
September 17th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I don't see any poll :V

Shuffl3z
September 17th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Yes, put them in the game as an WP armors and they would be like 50k WP
or make them drop from bosses if that is possilbe

EchoSaviour
Was working on the poll section. Apparently it adds the thread before the poll is done..

JKRevan
Yea, I may NOT vote on this poll

fail?

ArtoriusDivinus
September 17th, 2009, 02:24 PM
1: It's either now or never. Only chance of getting them.
Do want, but it's pointless anyway with all these CS whores saying no no, and it's not about damn stats at all, it's about these mechs being the ONLY non CS armor set to appear any time soon.

2: We have a say in their stats.
Slightly better then WP armors, note, WP armors, not slot armors, they should still be slightly inferior to those.

3: We have a say in how they're distributed.
WP shop only, price around 100k/200k
4: They will appear in the next patch if confirmed.
Yay

Pinoyisthenewblack
September 17th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Gimpy
September 17th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Yes, wp shop.

EchoSaviour
September 17th, 2009, 02:27 PM
People should be able to vote now.

Gimpy
September 17th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Yes (WP Shop) 5 100.00%
Yes (Boss Drop) 1 20.00%

LOL WAT

>100%
>20%

Shuffl3z
September 17th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Yes (WP Shop) 5 100.00%
Yes (Boss Drop) 1 20.00%

LOL WAT

>100%
>20%

i am the only 1 who voted for the boss drop ;-;

Gimpy
September 17th, 2009, 02:31 PM
>100% and 16.67%
>116.67%

WAT.

Shuffl3z
September 17th, 2009, 02:32 PM
>100% and 16.67%
>116.67%

WAT.

lol i just notice it xD

ArtoriusDivinus
September 17th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I think the votecount is what matters, not the % behind it. xP

Oshima
September 17th, 2009, 02:34 PM
I don't care how they are added as long as they ARE ADDED for the player base. WE WANT TO FLY IN TRIMUS GEARS!

JKRevan
September 17th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I DONT WANT THEM, Regardless if one is handed to me free

they're ****ING UGLY and they dont fit the game atmosphere AT ALL

geez, convince the Devs to make a 5th wave os slot armors but weaken them and make them avalable, just
dont
brinmg
mecha
hentai
here

THE ARCHVILE COMMANDS YOU!

fdsafdsa
September 17th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Make them cost 150k in the wp shop.

3rd2vote

VladTheImplier
September 17th, 2009, 02:39 PM
No (GM Only) 2 18.18%

GOGO

ArtoriusDivinus
September 17th, 2009, 02:40 PM
i dont want them, regardless if one is handed to me free

they're ****ing ugly and they dont fit the game atmosphere at all

geez, convince the devs to make a 5th wave os slot armors but weaken them and make them avalable, just
dont
brinmg
mecha
hentai
here

the archvile commands you!

no more goddamn slot armors

JKRevan
September 17th, 2009, 02:43 PM
no more goddamn slot armors
i Said LIKE Slot

design wise only, READ THE ****ING PART SAYING "WEAKEN THEM AND MAKE THEM AVAILABLE"

Pinoyisthenewblack
September 17th, 2009, 02:48 PM
they're ****ING UGLY and they dont fit the game atmosphere AT ALL

This were the words I was looking for.

TheBravery
September 17th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Leader only, damnit

12 weeaboo **** spotted

GRAMJAM
September 17th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Lets see em!!! I love mechanical things to whack off to

ArtoriusDivinus
September 17th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Also Echo, how do you plan to avoid or filter out false votes, aka, multiple votes from different accs?

EchoSaviour
September 17th, 2009, 02:51 PM
We're going to check all the people who voted and their IP's.

Oshima
September 17th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Don't give em the idea 1rst off and I really don't think this is an important enough issue to warrant that amount of effort on anyone's part anywho. Most people who don't want to see them in game will just not buy them if they are released. Those who do want them might encourage some friends to vote but I doubt would spend 30 minutes on the forums logging 80 different accounts just to see them implemented. LOL even better ....Echoes sure is on top of this thread today!

JKRevan
September 17th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Im part of the ones that dont want them, not even on other people's.. if some one equip those **** on front of me, they better town in 5 seconds...

gnosis22
September 17th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Even though I think they are ugly, if the general consensus among the community, including those who are not vocal on the forums, is to adopt them, I would accept that decision with open arms.

I think a lot of us get caught up with the fact that only a small few of those who play this game actually post on the forums. There are lots of different opinions out there, and having a blind poll like this is a good way to gauge the opinions of all players.

Gimpy
September 17th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Lets see em!!! I love mechanical things to whack off to

get out ******

Oshima
September 17th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Mwahahaha my Lolipantsumecha is gonna hunt you down JK :D

Gimpy
September 17th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Mwahahaha my Lolipantsumecha is gonna hunt you down JK :D

Are you real oshima?

If so, :D
If not, >:|

TheBravery
September 17th, 2009, 03:04 PM
You guys realize that if this becomes available as a wp prize, then it's a matter of time before everyone starts flying in them

17 ****ing weeaboos

GRAMJAM
September 17th, 2009, 03:05 PM
get out ******

So Rude....

KingTraffickerLH
September 17th, 2009, 03:06 PM
I vote WP shop. Makes the most sense and i like mechs :D

Oshima
September 17th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Aye, why would anyone else log onto my account? Most have higher level gears than me and are WAY better equipped! :eek: Besides, I always tend to pop back in at the sign of new content being released.

JKRevan
September 17th, 2009, 03:07 PM
and im going to so rape you in so many levels its not going to be funny...

ArtoriusDivinus
September 17th, 2009, 03:08 PM
You guys realize that if this becomes available as a wp prize, then it's a matter of time before everyone starts flying in them

17 ****ing weeaboos

It's called an alternative for those that won't, or can't ( me ) buy SP, other then the standard choices that have existed for years now, being WP armor or legending.

Oshima
September 17th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Woot! You big brazilian man you, bring it baby! Besides, you can't rape the willing and I'm always willing to give away a KM to an old friend who pwns me on the battlefield. At least I'll look smexy as I plummet earthbound!!!!;) Mind you it will be that 5 mins w/u = 5-15 years in prison smexy but w/e

Pinoyisthenewblack
September 17th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I vote WP shop. Makes the most sense and i like mechs :D

Thing is: ACE is not about girly mechs.

If poeple want to watch girly mechs, there is a ****ton of anime with that theme.

ArtoriusDivinus
September 17th, 2009, 03:17 PM

If poeple want to watch girly mechs, there is a ****ton of anime with that theme.

I don't give a ****, I'll quote myself.

and it's not about damn stats at all, it's about these mechs being the ONLY non CS armor set to appear any time soon.

IamRapt0r
September 17th, 2009, 03:18 PM
If mech do come as WP shop, or w/e...I wonder how they'd look while barrell lolling :V

Oshima
September 17th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Don't think of it as a girly mech, think of it as a Lady Trimus! er...Or maybe a Trimus Princess...ok that's not much better is it. Ooooo, a gigantic KOS-MOS... ah heck, call it what u want just release it to the masses already!
Maybe they'll twirl in place like a ballerina with hearts and stars and rainbows sprouting forth MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAA I think I would just die from laughter but it might help convince my fiance' to play again MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

KingTraffickerLH
P much what Nitro said

VladTheImplier
They dont even have good models, looks at those poligonized ps1 rendered models :V

And..

Don't think of it as a girly mech, think of it as a Lady Trimus! er...Or maybe a Trimus Princess...ok that's not much better is it. Ooooo, a gigantic KOS-MOS... ah heck, call it what u want just release it to the masses already!
What the **** is a trimus

JKRevan
you get a gratitous panty shot when barrel rolling

Rush
September 17th, 2009, 03:59 PM
i say yes to the mech armors no matter what other people think. imo they are cool to look at (regardless of stats) and should be wp shop for at least 200k - 300k, hell make it even 500k wps so if someone wants it bad enough they can actually work for it and those who dont can stfu and qq more.

just my 2 cents :D

VladTheImplier
September 17th, 2009, 04:05 PM
500k WP

yes

Oshima
September 17th, 2009, 04:08 PM
500k ?!?!??!:eek: They better have a crap ton of HP and be able to reflect AG fire back at their foes for that price! T_T I would use the current WP armor as guidelines for pricing and strength. Don't tease us with this new content and then make it unavailable for 99% of the server. Might as well throw it into the GM only bag then....500k forsooth! O Rush, you are breaking my heart here....my dreams lay shattered at your feet as you dance a jig....O my aching soul....I mean maybe if the WP HH actually worked as coded alright but otherwise please keep it in line with the current armors available.

WayoftheGun
September 17th, 2009, 04:09 PM
If released as WP Armor give em the usual stats but make em 200k+ WP, if released as Slot Armor give them the normal Slot Stats. If you make them too strong you create an imballance or you force ppl to use them because of their stats.

I voted for WP Shop, because if you make the cost not to cheap it will make all sides happy, or is at least acceptable for everyone.

ArtoriusDivinus
September 17th, 2009, 04:10 PM
500k mech armor then an increase of 1000% in the slot upgrade card price is needed as well, j/k.

Also, I don't know why the cash shop option is there, I'd even rather have them not at all then CS exclusive.

Oshima
September 17th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I see this as similar to the strawberry paint that was available in the paint shop for MG WP armors. Some complained, some rejoiced, some just giggled and went on. Did it make a lot of sense? Not really. Did a lot of people use it? Not really. Keep them in line with the current WP armors and those that want them will use them while those that scoff at them will lol as they see them plummet from the sky. Roughly the same power, roughly the same cost pls.

Monkeynucleosis
September 17th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Just bring the armors already Echo >.>
You know you want to D:

Oh and make em 150k WP.

That way not too expensive so that people
who actually want them don't have to work as hard.
But so if they really want them they work for 'em a bit.
And frequent CS buyers aren't too bummed about it either.

~T

Gimpy
September 17th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I WANT MY GODDAMNED STRAWBERRIES BACK

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf

JKRevan
September 17th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I see this as similar to the strawberry paint that was available in the paint shop for MG WP armors. Some complained, some rejoiced, some just giggled and went on. Did it make a lot of sense? Not really. Did a lot of people use it? Not really. Keep them in line with the current WP armors and those that want them will use them while those that scoff at them will lol as they see them plummet from the sky. Roughly the same power, roughly the same cost pls.
i never thought pink/fruity colors were dumb, i didnt used em, nuff said

but what bothers me is the DESIGN i'll be forced to see flying around if that **** comes along

EchoSaviour
September 17th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Just bring the armors already Echo >.>
You know you want to D:

Oh and make em 150k WP.

That way not too expensive so that people
who actually want them don't have to work as hard.
But so if they really want them they work for 'em a bit.
And frequent CS buyers aren't too bummed about it either.

~T

Everyone knows I want them. But I need the playerbase support when I send a full copy of the poll and discussion about the armors to them. They said specifically.

"We want to know what the users want with these armors"

VladTheImplier
September 17th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I WANT MY GODDAMNED STRAWBERRIES BACK

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gimpy
September 17th, 2009, 04:30 PM
EchoSaviour;7376']Everyone knows I want them. But I need the playerbase support when I send a full copy of the poll and discussion about the armors to them. They said specifically.

Better cut out most of my posts then

ArtoriusDivinus
September 17th, 2009, 04:32 PM
EchoSaviour;7376']Everyone knows I want them. But I need the playerbase support when I send a full copy of the poll and discussion about the armors to them. They said specifically.

I'd say a price between 50k and 150k would be reasonable, although if the case is 150k, the stat should -somewhat- be worth the price, but as I said earlier, they should not be equal nor surpass slot armors.

Poptart
September 17th, 2009, 04:33 PM
I Vote ................. *blank* Shop !

++++++ allow me to also give some out as special event prizes :p

JKRevan
September 17th, 2009, 04:40 PM

The phrase "grab the creator, rape then with a thick bamboo, douse him on gas, Oil, grab a lighter, use a aerosol can, set them ablazing, grab a marshmallow and roast it on the dude on fire"

comes to mind..

pyromaniac much?

Also, have the Archvile from my avatar revive him, rinse and repeat

Oshima
September 17th, 2009, 04:40 PM
I'm at work or I would be logging in game and starting my 'get out and vote for mecha armors' campaign. Gimme another 5 hours Echoes so I can get home and get online! Maybe 6 hours so that I can also acquire some food but I fully plan on trying to mobilize BCU Artemis behind us.

We want the Armors! We shall not go quietly into the night! We shall stand up and fight for our right to pilot these awesome machines of death and destruction! We shall unite behind this cause and there will be an army of scantily clad mecha marching upon Arlington city before this year is over! Our mechanical skirts will sway in the wind of a nuclear explosion that centers on the rebel capitol!

lol wow am I bored at work today...seriously tho, JK, I am coming for you my brazilian hunk of an AG. There will be much mirth and merriment to be had. We shall frolic together upon the fields of war.

WayoftheGun
September 17th, 2009, 04:46 PM
@ General Nitro, in my opinion it depends on your lvl if the Slot or the WP Armor is better. So as example if your 83 the WP is better till 87, then the Slot is the choice from 88 to 92., then from 93 ....

I would give the Mecha Armor the same stats as the appropriate Slot or WP Armor.

Monkeynucleosis
September 17th, 2009, 04:49 PM
There we are. Look, whoever wins an event and wants one of
those armors can be like "ICanHazLoliArmorPlixPl0x?"
And voila. Its theirs. Whoever wins it that doesn't want it
can choose otherwise.

But also implement them into the WP shop so others who are
constantly in the arena that might like 'em have a choice to get
them or not.

At this point what I'm thinking is, if you don't want the armor,
why complain about it? Just don't buy it. Simple. No one's forcing
you to. Also, if you don't want to look at them and it bothers you
that badly, then don't play. Or leave the map. I see I Gears wearing
Ghost Binders and Laden binders sometimes. As much as I still ask
myself why they would wear them, I don't pay too much mind to it.

Simple reason being: Everyone wants to be different somehow.
Everyone likes different things. Whether its because they like it
for the looks, or for the stats, or because that might just be the
only new armor that you don't have to pay money for in a space
bees game.

For all you Teal Deers:

If you don't like it, don't buy it. No one's forcing you to get them.

~T

Monkeynucleosis
September 17th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I'm at work or I would be logging in game and starting my 'get out and vote for mecha armors' campaign. Gimme another 5 hours Echoes so I can get home and get online! Maybe 6 hours so that I can also acquire some food but I fully plan on trying to mobilize BCU Artemis behind us.

We want the Armors! We shall not go quietly into the night! We shall stand up and fight for our right to pilot these awesome machines of death and destruction! We shall unite behind this cause and there will be an army of scantily clad mecha marching upon Arlington city before this year is over! Our mechanical skirts will sway in the wind of a nuclear explosion that centers on the rebel capitol!

lol wow am I bored at work today...seriously tho, JK, I am coming for you my brazilian hunk of an AG. There will be much mirth and merriment to be had. We shall frolic together upon the fields of war.

I like your words. They're nice and poetic o.O
:D:D:D:D

Oshima
September 17th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Bah, you are too kind. I just like blowing a lot of steam out me arse but thank you! Oh and GM Poppy Tart, I like your idea very very much!

JKRevan
September 17th, 2009, 04:57 PM

If you dont mind being on the recieving end of a eternal hail of Hellfire, then be my guest and step into my realm of hatred, terror and destruction, there will be much rejoicing and frollic to be had, upon the feast that shall be had upon your smoking remains

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
September 17th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Is it possible for us to change the armor skins and replace them with something less gay? Otherwise my wife would probably divorce me or stop giving me sex if she saw me playing a game with lolifeggotmecharmors.

So yeah, looks like I'll be switching versions to avoid the gayness.

Oshima
September 17th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Awwww JK, you're making me blush! Be careful though, it is certainly a trap. Now, on to more important issues like a video of them barrel rolling because the more I ponder this the more quizzical I get on how this is done graphically. I keep chuckling at the different ideas that flitter through this old noggin. It most definately has to involve some sort of twirling motion and I am going to get Kojiro to open up his JAP AO account and hopefuly we can record some videos for everyone or at least a couple of screenshots. Now, where is he hiding....

As to your wife green, I am sorry to hear her reaction would be this way. My Fiance' will probably just roll her eyes and mutter something but I don't think she would break up with me over a video game...

Pinoyisthenewblack
September 17th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Just reposting:

Girly Mech Armors will ruin the game atmosphere.

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
September 17th, 2009, 05:09 PM
As to your wife green, I am sorry to hear her reaction would be this way. My Fiance' will probably just roll her eyes and mutter something but I don't think she would break up with me over a video game...
Mine will also probably roll her eyes and sigh, but you have to admit these mech loli armors do not fit into the style of the game as it currently is. They look nothing like the current armors. The game is about gears/ships/plane appearing vehicles, not transforming JapaneseAnimeWomenRobotMechArmors. It just doesn't fit. All the other version vetoed them because of gayness and how out of place they are.

Just reposting:

THIS THIS THIS

JKRevan
September 17th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Just reposting:

Just agreeing

If they WERE NOT loli mechas with girsl with their panties showing i wouldnt mind

make the armors Look like Mechs, true mechs, like MechWarrior, BF2142 Walkers, Star Wars AT-STs, Shattered Steel, Then IT COULD FIT

but loli jap armors that turn some hentai-loving nerds on,

**** NO

ArtoriusDivinus
September 17th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Just reposting:

The way the poll is going right now, your just going to have to accept their presence, but anything can still happen till 1 Oct.

JKRevan
September 17th, 2009, 05:15 PM
after i get back from college i'll dig the good ol' interwebz for Mech designs i would love to see on ace... but if anything, google the examples i cited

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
September 17th, 2009, 05:15 PM
I'll honestly probably go back to AR. :/ You guys have your mech armors, I'll have my old enjoyable less-gay version, everyone wins, YAY

Gimpy
September 17th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I'll honestly probably go back to AR. :/ You guys have your mech armors, I'll have my old enjoyable less-gay version, everyone wins, YAY

Till december anyway... *snirk*

Monkeynucleosis
September 17th, 2009, 05:21 PM
This is weird.....

On the poll it says there are 62 voters.

Yet there are 75 votes at the moment.....

JKRevan
September 17th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Whats worse is

WTF, ppl want em cash shop only?

Oshima
September 17th, 2009, 05:26 PM
As out of place as watermelon shaped gears? Space bees in general? Or how about the idea of instantly respawning completely healed and still buffed upon death? What about the fact that lvl 100 is as high as you can go? Don't even get me started on the mission plots, the boss armors, or a myriad of other inconsistant additions this game has gone through. I am sure this won't be the last addition that raises eyebrows but as long as we DO get the new content I will be excited for it and confident that the game will continue on.
As for the other editions...I play NA AO now, and I hate to think there is one edition of this game out there that has content that was denied to us. If it's good enough for our JAP AO bretheren and at least a few players would enjoy it here, it's good enough for me.
Yes JK, hopefully this is just a hint of what they have on their agenda for future releases. All of those games have wonderful mecha designs I would love to see patched in.

ArtoriusDivinus
September 17th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Exactly what I've been trying to say, you can ***** all you want, in the end it's still new content, and sure, people that can get slot armors, I can understand they do not want these, but for those who can't get slot armors, these mechs are a nice alternative.

EchoSaviour
September 17th, 2009, 05:45 PM
It's up to the developers to decide if it matches the game or not.

Unlike 90% of players here, I actually fought and saw these armors in action. (Shot down a few TG's in those armors myself as a wingman)

And from my own experience, it looks like your just fighting a bunch of Shrine mobs.

VladTheImplier
September 17th, 2009, 05:47 PM
So liek i need to know if they are broken or not because i have 100k wps and idk if i should get an xl energy or wait for the broken(?) ugly armor to come out.

:>

/post

EchoSaviour
September 17th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Like I stated before, we can decide on the stats.

So at this time, consider them statless.

The whole point is to have an actual new armor to pick or not. Everything else will be worked out by me and the devs.

VladTheImplier
September 17th, 2009, 05:49 PM
echosaviour;7513']like i stated before, we can decide on the stats.

So at this time, consider them statless
d:

D:

milkdud
September 17th, 2009, 05:50 PM
EchoSaviour;7508']It's up to the developers to decide if it matches the game or not.

Unlike 90% of players here, I actually fought and saw these armors in action. (Shot down a few TG's in those armors myself as a wingman)

And from my own experience, it looks like your just fighting a bunch of Shrine mobs.

when they shoot; do they have a different animation for the weapons or do the missiles just come out of those floating laser thingy?

EchoSaviour
September 17th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Missiles just pop out of those floating things.

Oshima
September 17th, 2009, 05:52 PM
What about the barrel rolls? Inquiring minds want to know. Would be awesome if they just moved their hands or wings in a deflecting motion.

EchoSaviour
September 17th, 2009, 05:53 PM
They just roll like any regular gear lol.

Oshima
September 17th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Hmmm, perhaps mention to our friendly devs that it is easier to strike fear into your enemy's ranks when you merely swat their missiles away vs. doing a ballerina move to avoid an incoming barrage.
LOL though this will give new meaning to chainlol!
I am also interested in how the invis animation will look on the BG. If the 1rst set of wings is on the head then I wonder where the invis set of wings will spring forth from....

Pinoyisthenewblack
September 17th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Hmmm, perhaps mention to our friendly devs that it is easier to strike fear into your enemy's ranks when you merely swat their missiles away vs. doing a ballerina move to avoid an incoming barrage.
LOL though this will give new meaning to chainlol!

Echo... I don't like where this is going, nor so i like the fact that the decisions are (kinda) being made by... just look what he wrote!! wtf!?

EchoSaviour
September 17th, 2009, 06:10 PM
The community decides if we get the armors. From there on the rest is up to me and Masang.

milkdud
September 17th, 2009, 06:17 PM
maybe instead of a roll a cartwheel?

Pinoyisthenewblack
September 17th, 2009, 06:20 PM
EchoSaviour;7551']The community decides if we get the armors. From there on the rest is up to me and Masang.

hhhhnnnnnnnggggggg!!!! dam weaboos!!!

Oshima
September 17th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Hmmm a cartwheel would work if they had given AG's a ground roll like in one of the starfoxes.
I think the fluttering wings on the back of the BG mecha will look absolutely stunning since it was always a little odd when I would see the gear version sprouting them.
Do you know if they have walking animation? Does this animation speed up on the AG mecha if they use ground accel if it is in place?
So many questions regarding the skill animation for these things but I am pretty sure most will translate smoothly into the new gear forms. Can't wait to see them in action.

BookiRetro
September 17th, 2009, 06:57 PM
I voted for the WP shop. Make them 80-120k war points to get. And stats under the current war point armors. Because they are a novelty.

Monkeynucleosis
September 17th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Okay. All in favor of Mecha Armors say 'Aye'.

All who reject this idea say 'Nay'.

This should give Masang a clear look at who wants what.

Besides the poll I mean.

~T

Oshima
September 17th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Wow, WP Shop has taken a commanding lead! GO GO GO GO!

PlazmaZ10
September 17th, 2009, 08:11 PM
i voted leader only to bad :P guess everyone wants them Wp only :P

ApocryphaB
September 17th, 2009, 08:12 PM
150K WP for it. Makes WP mean something again. YES

Oshima
September 17th, 2009, 08:20 PM
I wouldn't mind them being available in CS, WP, or w/e as long as they were available to everyone. Been Leader enough times already, let someone else take it. Subamall wasn't an option so I wasn't able to choose that. Boss is meh, since it would prob follow the other armors and need to be finished which means 1/2 the time it's gonna break on you just to get it to a useful point. Cash shop wouldn't be too bad but not everyone can access it and then there is the $$$ issue itself. Events aren't common enough at this time to introduce something that seems to be gaining in popularity rapidly which leaves WP Shop as the best and most viable option. They can always introduce it early in the cash shop for those that can't wait and then release it in the WP shop a week or so later. Depending on how Suba introduces and promotes it we might see more than one way to acquire these beauties. Time will tell.

PallyVII
September 17th, 2009, 08:45 PM
My vote is no, it's a cool thing, but it should stay in JAO. I feel it clashes too much with the spirit of AO.

Farvid
September 17th, 2009, 09:38 PM
get out ******

Did i mention my mechanical foot fetish :V

Leo_Wavathar
September 17th, 2009, 09:47 PM
150K WP for it. Makes WP mean something again. YES

DO IT, but if it costs 150k WP they must be even better than the Cash Shop Armors. :V

Farvid
September 17th, 2009, 09:56 PM
DO IT, but if it costs 150k WP they must be even better than the Cash Shop Armors. :V

lol i know right :V
i think it should be 40k, it should have awesome HP, but lack defense/ evasion and maybe add spirit? (not that much just a little bit) making them decent, but not great so they won't be over used
or you could be ****s
and make it so the I gear gives Defense
the M gear gets Evasion
The B gear gets Fuel xDD
and the A gear gets Evasion XDDDDD
thats what i would do :V

Leo_Wavathar
September 17th, 2009, 10:06 PM
lol i know right :v
i think it should be 40k, it should have awesome hp, but lack defense/ evasion and maybe add spirit? (not that much just a little bit) making them decent, but not great so they won't be over used
or you could be ****s
and make it so the i gear gives defense
the m gear gets evasion
the b gear gets fuel xdd
and the a gear gets evasion xddddd
thats what i would do :v

no .

JKRevan
September 17th, 2009, 10:15 PM
As out of place as watermelon shaped gears?

A 1 in a kind Summer event, which is going away soon.

Space bees in general?
The plot explains that, regardless of how ridiculous, its plot.

Or how about the idea of instantly respawning completely healed and still buffed upon death?
You forget its still a MMO, and keeping buffs is a feature ppl whined about for so long.

What about the fact that lvl 100 is as high as you can go?
And how high would you like it to go to? 150? 200?

Don't even get me started on the mission plots, the boss armors, or a myriad of other inconsistant additions this game has gone through.
I dont know, I like the game plot, up to where i read, If you forgive the small bits (Collect X Bear asses, where bear asses are anything from Hornian DNA, to Rogue gear Databoxes)
Boss armors isnt badly explained... If anything its stolen tech, or something created from reverse engineering captured equip (quellease being a frame reverse-eng from Ordin-building, xcept it all happens in the fraction of second the ordin dies) and the Ep3 armors EXPLICITLY says its stolen tech.
(one of the armors mentions a Dupont corp, which defected to the vattalan side on Ep3, its all there!)

As for the rest of your post, Hell i like new content as much as any1 else, but MAKE IT AT LEAST MAKE SENSE IN-UNIVERSE!

What would you like as a armor?
THis: http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2627/walker.png

This is the L5 Riesig, the EU army Battle Walker for Battlefield 2142

or this

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/2/1113/RA3_Yuriko1.jpg

This is Yuriko Omega, a overboard designed character for Command & Conquer Red Alert 3, which gone with some severe mushrooms for unit design (while being a duper fun game)

Edit: for smaller images

Shuffl3z
September 17th, 2009, 10:28 PM
a 1 in a kind summer event, which is going away soon.

Or this

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/2/1113/ra3_yuriko1.jpg

this is yuriko omega, a overboard designed character for command & conquer red alert 3, which gone with some severe mushrooms for unit design (while being a duper fun game)

edit: For smaller images

i want this holy ****

JKRevan
September 17th, 2009, 10:28 PM
then buy C&C RA 3 and go fap for yuriko, or natasha, or Dasha... omg.. *drools*

Shuffl3z
September 17th, 2009, 10:29 PM
then buy C&C RA 3 and go fap for yuriko, or natasha, or Dasha... omg.. *drools*

sweet , brb faping

JKRevan
September 17th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Good, but all i want is to shoot space bees on a Riesig!

Updating steam
September 18th, 2009, 12:43 AM
I voted WP shop, cuz that way itll atleast ensure that one day, we will actually get a non-cash shop related patch.

Wingspan
September 18th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Ok, much have been said, and much have been discussed.

My opinion is "no to these OMFG, darn, outrageous, mecha armors...
The conept of the game when it was created was to give the MMORPG community a great experience into how was it feel to fly gears, almost likely as the present machines we had with a little twist of futuristice sci-fi designs and abilities. The game already earned its reputation through numerous game reviews, and as far as we are concerned, this game is one of the best there is. for the reason that it's gameplay follows what is said to be a realistic. And since, the gears are totally fixed, meaning they are created to complement each gear, thus giving them a justified design to fit with the atmosphere of the game itself.

and then here comes these new mech armors...
which is not even looks like it belongs to the game [the gears were used to be operated by man and designed for their specific purpose remember]. these armors are just bunch of exagerations. they can't fit the essence of the game. the purpose of each gear is clearly ruined.....
whats the purpose of these armors.

just let the GMs use them.....

i dont find them essential....

well that's my opinion

but hell.....

PatronAngeL
September 18th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Time to say my opinion too.

Cost and availability: 150k WP shop
Stats: lower than the CS armors or I'll punch you :X
Conditions: improve the polys of the render, it's retarded enough to have girls as gears ingame(not like I have sumthin' against them :D)

Oshima
September 18th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Everyone is posting some great points! Keep the discussion going becuz I'm sure the devs would like to hear all of this. Even if we don't get the mechas, I'm seeing this community come together in a half way civil discussion with a lot of different viewpoints being spoken. We'll show the devs that this community isn't about bickering and name calling, but about a game we are all passionate about and wish to suceed.

Even if I don't get to chase after Revan w/a skirt on :( I'm happy this thread is going so well.

BookiRetro
September 18th, 2009, 04:16 AM
Everyone is posting some great points! Keep the discussion going becuz I'm sure the devs would like to hear all of this. Even if we don't get the mechas, I'm seeing this community come together in a half way civil discussion with a lot of different viewpoints being spoken. We'll show the devs that this community isn't about bickering and name calling, but about a game we are all passionate about and wish to suceed.

This, This and more of This

OmgNaro
September 18th, 2009, 09:19 AM
So like next patch = next maint?

Fr1skyDingo
September 18th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Although I voted against them [long live the rapid binder] I guess I'll be shooting them down after the next patch :| 70% yes votes =S

JKRevan
September 18th, 2009, 10:17 AM
This, This and more of This
omg! Another Doomguy!

and yes oshima, the things thats flaming most is my avatar, yay for civilization!

but srsly, i hope they check the mech designs for western players.. loli mechas may appease oriental ppl (japanese and such), but we like more "serious" mech stuff, mechwarrior-esque like posted before

ArtoriusDivinus
September 18th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Goes to show there's a lot more people then what you actually see posting around. xP

JKRevan
September 18th, 2009, 11:34 AM
or a bunch of ppl using proxies to vote with multiple accounts *shrugs*

Oshima
September 18th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Nah JK, I used the AIF forums and in game chat to push quite a few to the forums yesterday. I tried not to influence their vote but I did encourage them to come out here and get their vote logged. I know many in AIF wanted to see these new mechas in action just from talking with them in TS. Whether they will actually use them remains to be seen. Empilein however was VERY against them being introduced (so much so that I learned a new word auf Deutsch). I think it's less of a conspiracy and more of an advertising campaign as those of us who do visit the forums tend to spam it (me definately) while quite a few only come here when it's important like for help w/ a bug or something.

SoulSin
September 18th, 2009, 01:20 PM

Depends, I actualy find the igear one pretty decent :x

9 each 10 friends that saw then were like "OMFG, ZoE!"

and 10 on 10 said "WTF" to the other 3.

VladTheImplier
September 18th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Yes... the I-Gear one... let's talk about the other gears imo :V

JKRevan
September 18th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Nah JK, I used the AIF forums and in game chat to push quite a few to the forums yesterday. I tried not to influence their vote but I did encourage them to come out here and get their vote logged. I know many in AIF wanted to see these new mechas in action just from talking with them in TS. Whether they will actually use them remains to be seen. Empilein however was VERY against them being introduced (so much so that I learned a new word auf Deutsch). I think it's less of a conspiracy and more of an advertising campaign as those of us who do visit the forums tend to spam it (me definately) while quite a few only come here when it's important like for help w/ a bug or something.
so, basically, youre the only one to blame.

**** will go awry and we all proclaim in one voice
"ITS OSHIMA'S FAULT!"

Oshima
September 18th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Lol I will take full blame for the introduction of the mechas ONLY, and that's a big ONLY, if I get one handed to me in an event or as a reward for pushing so hard for this content to be released to us. Otherwise you can blame GM_Echo since he gets paid to deal with this kind of stuff. :D

Leo_Wavathar
September 18th, 2009, 02:40 PM
http://www.pinkghost.net/images/catalog/vinyl/BlackMechaBearLukeChueh.jpg

Bring da' pedo bear mecha too, meng

Oshima
September 18th, 2009, 02:41 PM
OMG, he's come back in time from the future, not to save mankind....only to 'save' the children...
I can see it now, he pulls up in a white unmarked van and yells "Come with me if you want to live"

JKRevan
September 18th, 2009, 03:30 PM
its ze end of the world as we know it... its the eeeeeeeeeeeeend of the world as we know it..
and i dont miiiiiiind

Dx73r
September 18th, 2009, 04:03 PM
http://www.pinkghost.net/images/catalog/vinyl/BlackMechaBearLukeChueh.jpg

Bring da' pedo bear mecha too, meng

lol

i want to see this gear in ms.......:D:D

Kojiro
September 18th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I mentioned to Oshima before . . . something won't be right about Mecha AGs min. ranging each other. Quite indecent . . .

ArtoriusDivinus
September 18th, 2009, 04:42 PM
This game needs an adult rating. :V

Gimpy
September 18th, 2009, 05:12 PM
This game needs an adult rating. :V

Oh definately

Kaiser07
September 18th, 2009, 07:07 PM
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! PUT THE MECHA ARMORS AT WP SHOP!!!!

I´ve checked them at the Japanese ACE and they look REALLY AWSOME!!!

SoulSin
September 18th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I cant realy belive that peaple are voting yes Lol Lol Lol

anyway. Someone with acumulated Wp buy it and make a video ASAP.

I wanna see then moving

VladTheImplier
September 18th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I cant realy belive that peaple are voting yes Lol Lol Lol

anyway. Someone with acumulated Wp buy it and make a video ASAP.

I wanna see then moving
Or you can just log in and find someone using it :V

But i will make a vid about it if its like 100k wps.

SoulSin
September 18th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Or you can just log in and find someone using it :V

But i will make a vid about it if its like 100k wps.
Personaly its completely diferent.
Fox its cool when you are using yourself, but I actualy dont like to see other person using it.
Serapia and Exorcise is inverse, cool to see someone using it and it sucks to use then (IMO :V).

Tsundere
September 19th, 2009, 02:26 AM
I too would like the mech armors, although it'll be pretty tough to earn/get since I don't have membership nor do I have an alt character PLUS I'm in the losing nation so warpoint harvesting will be tough. Yes the mech armors are completely derailing what Ace online is supposed to be with pvp jet fighting but I guess it won't hurt to get some hot new armors "drool"

Leo_Wavathar
September 19th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Personaly its completely diferent.
Fox its cool when you are using yourself, but I actualy dont like to see other person using it.
Serapia and Exorcise is inverse, cool to see someone using it and it sucks to use then (IMO :V).

AGREED, CHICKEN, AGREED
Fox is cool because of the booster and all, but the overall design.. fails. D:
And.. we should be able of using I-g Early Types too, for the lulz. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ9dtZ8lYww

Oshima
September 19th, 2009, 11:00 AM
WP Shop continues in its' commanding lead. I spoke to several individuals who expressed disappointment over not being able to log in to the forums because of 'invalid username/pass' error and I responded to them that I had the same issue until I e-mailed suba my account name and that I was recieving this error on the forums even though I could log in game and into my suba account with the same info. While I didn't recieve a reply e-mail I discovered the matter was fixed within 10 mins when I tried to log in again a little later.
I emailed Ace@subagames.com with my account name and the problem I was experiancing. Do it, then get your arse back here and vote on this poll!

Kojiro
September 19th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I too would like the mech armors, although it'll be pretty tough to earn/get since I don't have membership nor do I have an alt character PLUS I'm in the losing nation so warpoint harvesting will be tough.

Which is why I think the mechs should be on par with the existing WP binder price. Unless the stats on the mechs are much better, I do not see pricing them high.

Overall, I think I need to see the stats on the mechs before making any decision.

I think we all do . . .

Leo_Wavathar
September 19th, 2009, 12:49 PM
I think we all do . . .

fdsafdsa
September 19th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Echo did mention we have a say on their stats. So here's my proposal.

No energy, just shield, with additional defense/evasion equivalent to wp armors.

OmgNaro
September 19th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Suggestion:FIX THE ****ING LAG I CANT EVEN GRIND QQ

ArtoriusDivinus
September 19th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Echo did mention we have a say on their stats. So here's my proposal.

No energy, just shield, with additional defense/evasion equivalent to wp armors.

For the IG that's reasonable, for the BG with RD that is ultimately broken.

Suggestion:FIX THE ****ING LAG I CANT EVEN GRIND QQ

That does not belong here.

Technopredator
September 20th, 2009, 03:19 AM
I agree with the WP Shop because there is no better option but what about this:

make all the Cash Shop armors WP Shop Armors and the ability to exange SPI for WP and vice-versa, I think this will improve the game a lot and atract more players.

Technopredator
September 20th, 2009, 05:50 AM
I just wanted to add that I don't think new armors are gonna improve this game.

Milstrum
September 20th, 2009, 10:50 AM
What do the mecha armors look like?

Leo_Wavathar
September 20th, 2009, 10:57 AM

L2SearchTheForums

(Respectively: A, M, I & B)

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5619/agearemgear.jpg

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7867/igearebgear.jpg

Gimpy
September 20th, 2009, 10:57 AM

Read the whole thread

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
September 20th, 2009, 11:13 AM
As out of place as watermelon shaped gears? Space bees in general? Or how about the idea of instantly respawning completely healed and still buffed upon death? What about the fact that lvl 100 is as high as you can go? Don't even get me started on the mission plots, the boss armors, or a myriad of other inconsistant additions this game has gone through. I am sure this won't be the last addition that raises eyebrows but as long as we DO get the new content I will be excited for it and confident that the game will continue on.
As for the other editions...I play NA AO now, and I hate to think there is one edition of this game out there that has content that was denied to us. If it's good enough for our JAP AO bretheren and at least a few players would enjoy it here, it's good enough for me.

Watermelon shaped gears = funny event items. Out of place but worthless in general, and comical. They aren't gay, they aren't lolimecharmors. Since space bees are a mob and not a gear type, I can live with shooting down insect/animal looking mobs. Respawning healed and buffed on death is what the pvp in this game is about. It IS the game. This is a pvp game where gears shoot each other down, attack bases and MSs and SPs, die, and respawn to fight again with their nation mates. Currently, all the gear types look like possible airplanes/spaceships/warring machines that all seem to mesh together style wise. Each uniquely designed gear type adds something to the game, adds variety and increases the visual quality and intrigue of the game. These new gear types that look like ****ing Japanese Girly Robots who also fly and have **** floating around them is as out of place as you could possibly get. They would have been better off letting us look like bipins, norgs, or other mobs in game... since that would fit with the current game style. The Bishops are the closest thing to mechs in the game, but in no way resemble girly-Jap-loli-mech armors. If the new mech armors made us look like Bishops, I would welcome them, since they would fit in with the rest of the game environment.

I cannot begin to describe how retarded these armors appear in screenshots of pvp events on JAO, and how not surprising it is that EVERY OTHER version other than JAO has declined or refused them (according to Echo's earlier post). New content =/= worthwhile and positive content. I know that many teenage to 20 something males who enjoy video games and MMORPGs are typically, or stereotypically, into watching animes and will undoubtedly be in favor of adding these based on their design, but seriously? They are a ****ing joke and will add nothing of value to the game. I am ALL for new armor variety and having unique looking warring machines, but these are NOT something I'll support. I think adding all the new varieties of slot armors was a GREAT idea to add variety and will be beneficial for adding to the visual diversity of the game, but having ****ing robots which look like japanese girly anime characters whose panties are visible are NOT going to help this game grow, IMO. I could be wrong though, its happened before.

tl;dr NO THANKS.

Gimpy
September 20th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Watermelon shaped gears = funny event items. Out of place but worthless in general, and comical. They aren't gay, they aren't lolimecharmors. Since space bees are a mob and not a gear type, I can live with shooting down insect/animal looking mobs. Respawning healed and buffed on death is what the pvp in this game is about. It IS the game. This is a pvp game where gears shoot each other down, attack bases and MSs and SPs, die, and respawn to fight again with their nation mates. Currently, all the gear types look like possible airplanes/spaceships/warring machines that all seem to mesh together style wise. Each uniquely designed gear type adds something to the game, adds variety and increases the visual quality and intrigue of the game. These new gear types that look like ****ing Japanese Girly Robots who also fly and have **** floating around them is as out of place as you could possibly get. They would have been better off letting us look like bipins, norgs, or other mobs in game... since that would fit with the current game style. The Bishops are the closest thing to mechs in the game, but in no way resemble girly-Jap-loli-mech armors. If the new mech armors made us look like Bishops, I would welcome them, since they would fit in with the rest of the game environment.

I cannot begin to describe how retarded these armors appear in screenshots of pvp events on JAO, and how not surprising it is that EVERY OTHER version other than JAO has declined or refused them (according to Echo's earlier post). New content =/= worthwhile and positive content. I know that many teenage to 20 something males who enjoy video games and MMORPGs are typically, or stereotypically, into watching animes and will undoubtedly be in favor of adding these based on their design, but seriously? They are a ****ing joke and will add nothing of value to the game. I am ALL for new armor variety and having unique looking warring machines, but these are NOT something I'll support. I think adding all the new varieties of slot armors was a GREAT idea to add variety and will be beneficial for adding to the visual diversity of the game, but having ****ing robots which look like japanese girly anime characters whose panties are visible are NOT going to help this game grow, IMO. I could be wrong though, its happened before.

tl;dr NO THANKS.

good post :V

Loveee
September 20th, 2009, 12:01 PM
OMG. i remember back in SCO where we said, i wish we have new armors. and wish got granted. we saw the new boss armors with legs on it and we are like, OMG looking good!! but then, we talked about it being somewhat of a gundam game... because of the new mech armors. which for me looks good. i dont know though if its going to be small or big in the game... WPs, CSs doesnt matter, aslong as we can shoot them down as soon as they get out!

Leo_Wavathar
September 20th, 2009, 12:10 PM
...would have been better off letting us look like bipins, norgs, or other mobs in game...

DA' DRAGONBREATH, MENGZ!

And... about the whole post. Nice point, Doctor. XD
I agree with you.

EchoSaviour
September 20th, 2009, 12:26 PM
I cannot begin to describe how retarded these armors appear in screenshots of pvp events on JAO, and how not surprising it is that EVERY OTHER version other than JAO has declined or refused them (according to Echo's earlier post).

Wow, people quote me as fact when they don't even know the whole story...

When I said they flatly refused them, here's the whole story.

Regular

1: Ask for new armors.
2: Here's mecha armors.
3: How do you get
4: Cash Shop
5: Hell No, already too many slot machine armors.

Suba

2: Here's mecha armors but everyone didn't want them
3: Why?
5: Is there any other way to avoid it being cash shop?
6: Here's some suggestions.
7: Lets work this out.

Nutshell description:

Most people don't want to take the time to think of alternatives.

Suggestion to everyone, get the whole story before you people start quoting me. It's rude and can easily be taken out of context. Worst part is when you're using my own text to support an argument. That much is what I find really not cool.

JKRevan
September 20th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Echo, try suggesting the alternative of REDESIGNING THAT ****..

Take the regular mech way, not lolicon

FortunePaw
September 20th, 2009, 12:50 PM
EchoSaviour;10164']Wow, people quote me as fact when they don't even know the whole story...

Regular

2: Here's mecha armors.
3: How do you get
5: Hell No, already too many slot machine armors.

Suba

2: Here's mecha armors but everyone didn't want them
3: Why?
5: Is there any other way to avoid it being cash shop?
6: Here's some suggestions.
7: Lets work this out.

Nutshell description:

Suggestion to everyone, get the whole story before you people start quoting me. It's rude and can easily be taken out of context. Worst part is when you're using my own text to support an argument. That much is what I find really not cool.

Well, problem is that people are too ignorant on de interweb, and it's anonymice.

Leo_Wavathar
September 20th, 2009, 12:56 PM

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/axelaruma/MAIN%20ALBUM%202/largeAnimePaperscans_Zone-of-the-3.jpg

:rolleyes:

+

DA' DRAGONBREATH, MENGZ!

EchoSaviour
September 20th, 2009, 12:58 PM

Redesign can't be done.

Thats like asking to redesign any existing armor.

SoulSin
September 20th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Actualy the actual armors were alrady designed based on Z.O.E
(you can easily notice that on the ig armor).

Except they add a lot of lolicon details to the others.

I you guys check it. The Bg and Ig armor isnt that bad in the concept art (they are horrible ingame though).

Well if we cant suggest to redesign then, can we ask for new ones? Its was J AO who asked for these loli mechs am I right? We could suggest the creatin of new ones at least (male versions, this time).

Personaly I loved the Ig one. But the Mg and AG are.... completely strange. The Ag remenber of Alia from megaman X8 rofl.

PS: Echo. Two questions.

1) ANy vague idea of the Wp price? Since if it is the same price, the armors will have the sam estats, if its higher they will need higher stats probaly.

2) We will need to CS itens to upgrade then even if we buy then with WP stuff? I mean..... they are originaly CS armors am I right?

FieldArtillery
September 20th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Boss drop sounds like the first person to get it will determine its economic price at like 300m. I vote WP shop

JKRevan
September 20th, 2009, 01:13 PM
EchoSaviour;10212']Redesign can't be done.

Thats like asking to redesign any existing armor.
hmm, so a redesign isnt in order, but tat confuses me a bit

Havent you said a while ago JAO got their own Dev team that can do SOME things independently from masang? that means those armors came from where???

cant we ask to have some NAAO exclusives as well?

Pinoyisthenewblack
September 20th, 2009, 01:26 PM

tl;dr NO THANKS.

I support this man! green for global government 2012! :)

ArtoriusDivinus
September 20th, 2009, 02:13 PM
111, I wonder how that is going to be beat before the 22nd. :)

JKRevan
September 20th, 2009, 02:20 PM

tl;dr NO THANKS.

Erm, this was exactly what i posted in reply to the same post earlier =/

EchoSaviour
September 20th, 2009, 02:23 PM
hmm, so a redesign isnt in order, but tat confuses me a bit

Havent you said a while ago JAO got their own Dev team that can do SOME things independently from masang? that means those armors came from where???

cant we ask to have some NAAO exclusives as well?

The only time something is exclusive is if it's designed entirely by the publisher and only uses masangs help to get it into the game. The mech armors were designed by Artfox, and because of that, they are open to all the publishers to use. We can change a lot of things, all publishers can. But making larger exclusive stuff like weapons and armors need to be cleared by Masang first. (It goes to show how much stronger the japanese team is considering they can go as far as getting event weapons fast)

Our marks for example are exclusive to us, same with alot of things in the japanese, thai, and viet ace onlines. Thats mainly due to the marks being designed by the publishers themselves. There are also many items which are version specific mainly due to the publishers themselves pushing them.

One thing for sure. NOTHING can be done independantly from Masang involving content. Publishers can produce methods of interacting with the game from the website or outside the game but none, not even the korean version, have any ability to change the content without dev support.

JKRevan
September 20th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Hmm i see,
So JAO-only stuff is things that they devise, send to masang to get a OK and the patch to implement them...

EchoSaviour
September 20th, 2009, 02:30 PM
When it comes to asking for content that other publishers have. It's no longer Masangs decision but it's Yedangs decision on that.

JKRevan
September 20th, 2009, 02:33 PM
GAh.... masang, Yedang.. AAAAAAAAANNNGGG

You guys should totally rename to Subang (as wrong as it sounds)

EchoSaviour
September 20th, 2009, 02:46 PM
*facepalm*

JKRevan
September 20th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Had to do it, but i understand how things work better now, i hope i wont rage about things that cant be raged against

ArtoriusDivinus
September 20th, 2009, 03:17 PM
EchoSaviour;10299']The only time something is exclusive is if it's designed entirely by the publisher and only uses masangs help to get it into the game. The mech armors were designed by Artfox, and because of that, they are open to all the publishers to use. We can change a lot of things, all publishers can. But making larger exclusive stuff like weapons and armors need to be cleared by Masang first. (It goes to show how much stronger the japanese team is considering they can go as far as getting event weapons fast)

Our marks for example are exclusive to us, same with alot of things in the japanese, thai, and viet ace onlines. Thats mainly due to the marks being designed by the publishers themselves. There are also many items which are version specific mainly due to the publishers themselves pushing them.

One thing for sure. NOTHING can be done independantly from Masang involving content. Publishers can produce methods of interacting with the game from the website or outside the game but none, not even the korean version, have any ability to change the content without dev support.

Suggestion: Hold a contest for several things, examples, making a custom armor set ( A, B, I and MG ), making a custom standard and advanced weapon, Marks, or even trails, the winner has the new content submitted for approval as exclusive content on Yedangs doorstep, and hopefully that winners content will then be approved and implemented for us, it gives the players exclusive content, off course, the contest entries should be top quality, or at least of a somewhat decent quality that Suba can work with.

Gimpy
September 20th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Suggestion: Hold a contest for several things, examples, making a custom armor set ( A, B, I and MG ), making a custom standard and advanced weapon, Marks, or even trails, the winner has the new content submitted for approval as exclusive content on Yedangs doorstep, and hopefully that winners content will then be approved and implemented for us, it gives the players exclusive content, off course, the contest entries should be top quality, or at least of a somewhat decent quality that Suba can work with.

ITT SUBA'S NEXT BIG EVENT.

c:

EchoSaviour
September 20th, 2009, 04:17 PM

Custom Armor Set = too long to implement in any reasonable timeframe (Talking months as it's something outside the normal content plans)

Custom Weapons = need to be discussed with masang.

Custom Marks = commonsauce

Custom Trails = read the custom armor set.

Gimpy
September 20th, 2009, 04:21 PM
EchoSaviour;10382']Custom Armor Set = too long to implement in any reasonable timeframe (Talking months as it's something outside the normal content plans)

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffff

Mike Cosgrove
September 20th, 2009, 04:34 PM
EchoSaviour;10382']

i'll pay good money for an :awesome: face

PlazmaZ10
September 20th, 2009, 04:40 PM

heck yeah http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitter_production/profile_images/106320715/Awesome_Face_bigger.png

VladTheImplier
September 20th, 2009, 04:44 PM
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8987/atm00108.png

yep

FortunePaw
September 20th, 2009, 05:07 PM
That's awesome.

http://i36.tinypic.com/3338pqc.gif

Monkeynucleosis
September 20th, 2009, 06:01 PM
EchoSaviour;10382']Custom Armor Set = too long to implement in any reasonable timeframe (Talking months as it's something outside the normal content plans)

Well you could just get them to be lazy and give players
a chance to use a mob's trail that looks pretty cool.
Just a suggestion :o

~T

EchoSaviour
September 20th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Just so you know, trails are hell to create.

Not so much animation wise and such. It's how the game handles it as an item.

Lets just say it's really not an efficient method...

Probably harder to create a new trail than a new armor.

Monkeynucleosis
September 20th, 2009, 06:23 PM
EchoSaviour;10486']Just so you know, trails are hell to create.

Yes, that much I understand, but wouldn't it be much more
efficient to adopt (in other words, rip) a trail from a random
mob that has trailed shots and use that? Sorry if I'm sounding
ignorant asking this.....

Or did you mean making it into an item overall (whether custom
or taken from a mob) is not very efficient?

~T

Gimpy
September 20th, 2009, 06:24 PM
You know, with what you said about the paint shop, and then trails, I'm wondering just how ass backwards this game is

Nwah
September 20th, 2009, 06:49 PM
EchoSaviour;10486']Just so you know, trails are hell to create.

I guess that explains why dragon trails lag so dang bad. If only masang could make the game use more GPU rather than CPU....

Leo_Wavathar
September 20th, 2009, 07:19 PM
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8987/atm00108.png

EVEN I would pay for that when I return to Ace. Go go go, do it, Awesome Face mark! o/

...a trail from a random
mob that has trailed shots and use that? Sorry if I'm sounding
ignorant asking this.....

I thought about it too one of these days. I guess it's possible.
Isn't it, Echo? o.o
At least it's easier than creating a new trail, I think.

Nwah
September 20th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I call tana slayer trails.

Monkeynucleosis
September 20th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I wonder what kind of lag awesome face trails would
bring :rolleyes:

I can imagine the repeating awesome faces changing
going across Bark.....
In different colors too :p
Like Gimpy's sig but changing faces as well :)

Leo_Wavathar
September 20th, 2009, 07:47 PM
lol, no. XD
Just keep it as a mark and it would be fine. >_<

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
September 20th, 2009, 11:58 PM
EchoSaviour;10164']Wow, people quote me as fact when they don't even know the whole story...

Nutshell description:

I agree it would suck to be in your position. You are trying to be a nice guy and a good GM and fill us in with details about future stuff. We love that. But we are assuming that what you are telling us is the full story. I apologize for making the assumption that they refused them because of how they look (because they look absolutely ridiculous) and not for being Cash Shop items. Other than my mistaking your "flatly refused" comment, my statement and opinion still stands.

And thanks again for giving us this info and letting us vote on issues like this. You are one of the better GMs I've played under and you actually listen to the community and involve us in your decisions for the most part. 9/10, would get 10/10 if there were more Xarfox styled events and minus points for GM fixed weapons (eeek bad idea) :X

JKRevan
September 21st, 2009, 12:05 AM
I agree it would suck to be in your position. You are trying to be a nice guy and a good GM and fill us in with details about future stuff. We love that. But we are assuming that what you are telling us is the full story. I apologize for making the assumption that they refused them because of how they look (because they look absolutely ridiculous) and not for being Cash Shop items. Other than my mistaking your "flatly refused" comment, my statement and opinion still stands.

And thanks again for giving us this info and letting us vote on issues like this. You are one of the better GMs I've played under and you actually listen to the community and involve us in your decisions for the most part. 9/10, would get 10/10 if there were more Xarfox styled events and minus points for GM fixed weapons (eeek bad idea) :X

bad idea cause you werent the lucky dude :D

Wingspan
September 21st, 2009, 04:34 AM
So say sir Echo!

"You really had let the gaming community involved in this new issues about armors", does that means you can change decision or disregard the poll and hear the players suggestion.

Then maybe you need to think about this again.
Well, if it needs a hell of time to just change[modify/costumize] this armors it would be best to do so. as what others say...."this armors might ruin the game..."

PatronAngeL
September 21st, 2009, 04:41 AM
So say sir Echo!

"You really had let the gaming community involved in this new issues about armors", does that means you can change decision or disregard the poll and hear the players suggestion.

Then maybe you need to think about this again.
Well, if it needs a hell of time to just change[modify/costumize] this armors it would be best to do so. as what others say...."this armors might ruin the game..."

Welp in JAO the armor have 10k hp< so yeah basically screws the game already screwed by the CS armors.

EchoSaviour
September 21st, 2009, 11:08 AM
When items are in the cash shop, they are obviously going to be better than the normal.

Right now, I have a lot more control over ACE than I ever did (Hell, I've just recently gotten the direct line to Masang and Yedang so lets just say that I have a lot more say in things)

I'll pretty much slam the fact that the Mech armors have to be X stats.

(PS: Editing armors that already exist is far easier than making a new armor. In this case, they already exist in one for or another, just needs to be tweaked.)

Gimpy
September 21st, 2009, 11:09 AM
EchoSaviour;10914']When items are in the cash shop, they are obviously going to be better than the normal.

Right now, I have a lot more control over ACE than I ever did (Hell, I've just recently gotten the direct line to Masang and Yedang so lets just say that I have a lot more say in things)

(PS: Editing armors that already exist is far easier than making a new armor. In this case, they already exist in one for or another, just needs to be tweaked.)

I would say put them on par/slightly better than the current wp armors, but not game-breakingly so.
Or make them like the watermelon armors: laughable stats, no way to upgrade.

Trollpoke
September 21st, 2009, 11:19 AM
make them like watermellons.
0% chance to be broken, 100% lulz

JKRevan
September 21st, 2009, 11:21 AM
EchoSaviour;10914']When items are in the cash shop, they are obviously going to be better than the normal.

O_O

All bow down to all-mighty egg-o-saviour! (YES! I REMEMBER DAT!)

Then do propose a rebalancing of the stats of the current armors, go go go o/

EchoSaviour
September 21st, 2009, 11:26 AM
Rebalancing is something that needs to be discussed with all the other publishers. Suffice to say, that is something that cannot be done in any short order.

JKRevan
September 21st, 2009, 11:29 AM
We know, but a milestone for brainstorming must be set mustnt it?

Propose not to them, to us, so we can get our brains frying over the idea =O

ArtoriusDivinus
September 21st, 2009, 11:50 AM
Oh well, all I care about is that I can get one, if they WILL have WM armor status, their WP price should be very low imo.

EchoSaviour
September 21st, 2009, 11:53 AM
We know, but a milestone for brainstorming must be set mustnt it?

Propose not to them, to us, so we can get our brains frying over the idea =O

Lets just say that everything so far has already been suggested at some point before by some publisher somewhere. But there's always something that finds a flaw in most suggestions.

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
September 21st, 2009, 12:09 PM
echosaviour;10914']right now, i have a lot more control over ace than i ever did (hell, i've just recently gotten the direct line to masang and yedang so lets just say that i have a lot more say in things)

dey speak da engrish? "yesh legendery biigsmassh go pew pew"

JKRevan
September 21st, 2009, 12:20 PM
Ah, Echo, here's a small thing.. you noticed they changed the Heat standard weapon model right? (from that oval barrel to a long thin barrel of awesomely crappy damage)

Could they change the model of a Agear wep to be a Gattling cannon?

EchoSaviour
September 21st, 2009, 12:24 PM
Btw, asking for in-game model changes is as unlikely as adding us to get the japanese character artwork.

JKRevan
September 21st, 2009, 12:25 PM
Bummer.... I wanted to have my gun screams "MOAR DAKKA!"

Gimpy
September 21st, 2009, 12:26 PM
EchoSaviour;11002']Btw, asking for in-game model changes is as unlikely as adding us to get the japanese character artwork.

Well there goes any suggestions for a ceris change.. *cough*

Slowfiveoh
September 21st, 2009, 12:39 PM
I realize that when people want to pay money, they ought to get "something". However, stating that it should be something of "superior value" is obviously a bad idea in the case of armors.

Lots of time, effort, and money was spent on making a ton of legendary armors too. Now, for 30 bucks on average, you can have superior health.

I don't think this was fair to your current or prior playerbase.

Ask anybody on this forum who has struggled to make a S-III+ Garuda Veil, or S-IV Schneider/Doublecoat. Some players finally accomplished this task, only to be completely outclassed by the almighty "bling bling" of cash being spent in the cash shop. In other words, there's a snowballs chance in hell that a non-paying player will ever be able to adequately compete by simply "getting lucky" with a bible and a few metamixes.

People who were serious about making Legendary Armors (Not so "Legendary" now amirite? LULZ) often used cash shop perks to finance the pursuit of these armors. Selling weapons and the like, that they spent time making at the cash shop.

I know that I spent an exhorbanant amount of money on this game, because I wanted to see this version succeed, only to be blatantly pissed on by the addition of cash shop armors, and more significantly, other contributing factors.

I'm sure everyone who spent cash, time, and effort making armors as I did, feels the same way, if on varying levels.

My opinion:

Too late to nerf the "BUY TO WIN!" strategy you guys have imposed. Want to introduce Mech Armors? Sure. Why not.

Make them uber powerful (40k Health base for I-Gears - 25% Evasion?), and easy to get (3-4 pulls on the starlight reels?). This is sure to make every player who currently possesses a top of the line Slot Armor inferior to the "Newly Released" Mech Armors. Cash influx ahoy!

Trollpoke
September 21st, 2009, 12:45 PM
all i want is my paint shop back ;_;

ArtoriusDivinus
September 21st, 2009, 01:17 PM
I realize that when people want to pay money, they ought to get "something". However, stating that it should be something of "superior value" is obviously a bad idea in the case of armors.

Lots of time, effort, and money was spent on making a ton of legendary armors too. Now, for 30 bucks on average, you can have superior health.

I don't think this was fair to your current or prior playerbase.

Ask anybody on this forum who has struggled to make a S-III+ Garuda Veil, or S-IV Schneider/Doublecoat. Some players finally accomplished this task, only to be completely outclassed by the almighty "bling bling" of cash being spent in the cash shop. In other words, there's a snowballs chance in hell that a non-paying player will ever be able to adequately compete by simply "getting lucky" with a bible and a few metamixes.

People who were serious about making Legendary Armors (Not so "Legendary" now amirite? LULZ) often used cash shop perks to finance the pursuit of these armors. Selling weapons and the like, that they spent time making at the cash shop.

I know that I spent an exhorbanant amount of money on this game, because I wanted to see this version succeed, only to be blatantly pissed on by the addition of cash shop armors, and more significantly, other contributing factors.

I'm sure everyone who spent cash, time, and effort making armors as I did, feels the same way, if on varying levels.

My opinion:

Too late to nerf the "BUY TO WIN!" strategy you guys have imposed. Want to introduce Mech Armors? Sure. Why not.

Make them uber powerful (40k Health base for I-Gears - 25% Evasion?), and easy to get (3-4 pulls on the starlight reels?). This is sure to make every player who currently possesses a top of the line Slot Armor inferior to the "Newly Released" Mech Armors. Cash influx ahoy!

Look at the damn poll, the Mechs are going nowhere except the WP shop.

JKRevan
September 21st, 2009, 01:22 PM
and i blame you friggin perverts who love to fap to hentai...

http://eu-ri.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/flap-flap.gif

ArtoriusDivinus
September 21st, 2009, 01:25 PM

Would you rather have had it slot exclusive, or 30k creds?

JKRevan
September 21st, 2009, 01:27 PM
i would rather not have em at all....

Gimpy
September 21st, 2009, 01:33 PM

Naw, just ceris :3

JKRevan
September 21st, 2009, 01:42 PM
What would you like as a armor?
THis: http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2627/walker.png

This is the L5 Riesig, the EU army Battle Walker for Battlefield 2142

or this

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/2/1113/RA3_Yuriko1.jpg

This is Yuriko Omega, a overboard designed character for Command & Conquer Red Alert 3, which gone with some severe mushrooms for unit design (while being a duper fun game)

Quoting myself for great justice

Gimpy
September 21st, 2009, 01:46 PM
That's why I only want the ig one... Aside from the obvious boobs, it looks least like a schoolgirl loli faggery mech thing

ig one reminds me of this:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e157/fxtricky/1eva.jpg

JKRevan
September 21st, 2009, 01:51 PM
do not want even those...

FortunePaw
September 21st, 2009, 02:40 PM
Real man fap to this:

http://www.psp-themes.net/data/media/5/Mechwarrior%20theme%20V2_2_2.jpg

Nwah
September 21st, 2009, 02:41 PM
Mech warrior spotted. Better hide my secret to getting mech 2 to work in XP...

ArtoriusDivinus
September 21st, 2009, 02:48 PM
This is a real mech. :V

http://img3.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/3bf8dd1957c12da9012c2f43ffce93b41227933874_full.jp g

Gimpy
September 21st, 2009, 02:48 PM
I came. hard :V

Mike Cosgrove
September 21st, 2009, 02:51 PM
What the hell are all you idiots talking about?

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/1597/mwcwp11024.jpg

REAL MEN ARE AMERICAN HEROES

ArtoriusDivinus
September 21st, 2009, 02:52 PM
**** America.

Nwah
September 21st, 2009, 02:52 PM
What the hell are all you idiots talking about?

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/1597/mwcwp11024.jpg

REAL MEN ARE AMERICAN HEROES

I CAN EDIT STUFF OUT TOO YOU KNOW. You fixed it anyways.

Slowfiveoh
September 21st, 2009, 02:54 PM
Does anybody else recite the Transformers song when playing as the Japanese in C&C3 and dropping a bunch of Strikers and Tekno-Jets (Or whatever the f they're called) on a unsuspecting enemy Army?

TRANSFORMERS,......MORE THAN MEETS TEH EYE........

Alexander
September 21st, 2009, 02:56 PM
Does anybody else recite the Transformers song when playing as the Japanese in C&C3 and dropping a bunch of Strikers and Tekno-Jets (Or whatever the f they're called) on a unsuspecting enemy Army?

no

bytessss

ArtoriusDivinus
September 21st, 2009, 02:56 PM
Does anybody else recite the Transformers song when playing as the Japanese in RA3 and dropping a bunch of Strikers and Tekno-Jets (Or whatever the f they're called) on a unsuspecting enemy Army?

Fixed it..

JKRevan
September 21st, 2009, 03:04 PM
antropomorphic mechas are umpracitcal... Walkers are better designed, or Multi threaded Bots

And the RA3 units are Striker VXs and Mecha Tengus (also sea wings count)

ArtoriusDivinus
September 21st, 2009, 03:23 PM
antropomorphic mechas are umpracitcal... Walkers are better designed, or Multi threaded Bots

And the RA3 units are Striker VXs and Mecha Tengus (also sea wings count)

Don't forget the King Oni and Shogun Executioner mechs. :V:V:V:V

Kojiro
September 21st, 2009, 03:30 PM
Hmm . . . and all of the Mechs will be controlled from a central location and it's super computer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/raymjs01/Computer.jpg

JKRevan
September 21st, 2009, 04:00 PM
Don't forget the King Oni and Shogun Executioner mechs. :V:V:V:V

those dont transform...

Tshaunzzz
September 21st, 2009, 04:09 PM
R.I.P Sco. Again.
This is gunna kill this game over once more

JKRevan
September 21st, 2009, 04:13 PM
Its not over till the answers are here!

EchoSaviour
September 21st, 2009, 04:35 PM
It's amazing how people are calling doom and gloom already when we haven't even started ACE plan 2.0...

If people have an issue with how the armors look, thats fine and understandable. But to completely take it that it's going to kill the game and do other things is like like saying changing your desk seat is going to kill you.

People forget the notes I mentioned at the beginning.

1: We're in control of the stats
2: We're in control of how it's distributed

With us in control of the stats, you won't see an overpowered armor.

With us in control of the distribution, you won't see it as a cash shop item.

If all the hate is strictly on appearance, thats fine and dandy but don't force the opinion.

If we already comical watermelon armors, giant space bees, bird armors that land with legs, pink gundam mobs, a giant floating rock head, Trimus's, airplanes that go into the water, flying sea creatures, and large machine volcano mobs that drop DNA, then adding mech armors won't make any difference on the mix and matched themes of ACE. And plus, who the hell actually cares what they're shooting at. If you hate the armors then kill players with them.

But yeah, if you hate the armors, thats fine. I don't care. Just stop trying to force people's decision. If I decided to remove armors due to appearance, the Garuda Veil, Ghost Binder, and Metal Jacket Guarders would've been the first armors to bite the dust.

Nwah
September 21st, 2009, 04:43 PM
EchoSaviour;11216']It's amazing how people are calling doom and gloom already when we haven't even started ACE plan 2.0...

If people have an issue with how the armors look, thats fine and understandable. But to completely take it that it's going to kill the game and do other things is like like saying changing your desk seat is going to kill you.

People forget the notes I mentioned at the beginning.

1: We're in control of the stats
2: We're in control of how it's distributed

With us in control of the stats, you won't see an overpowered armor.

With us in control of the distribution, you won't see it as a cash shop item.

If all the hate is strictly on appearance, thats fine and dandy but don't force the opinion.

If we already comical watermelon armors, giant space bees, bird armors that land with legs, pink gundam mobs, a giant floating rock head, Trimus's, airplanes that go into the water, flying sea creatures, and large machine volcano mobs that drop DNA, then adding mech armors won't make any difference on the mix and matched themes of ACE. And plus, who the hell actually cares what they're shooting at. If you hate the armors then kill players with them.

But yeah, if you hate the armors, thats fine. I don't care. Just stop trying to force people's decision. If I decided to remove armors due to appearance, the Garuda Veil, Ghost Binder, and Metal Jacket Guarders would've been the first armors to bite the dust.
The ghost binder should bite the dust anyways.

ArtoriusDivinus
September 21st, 2009, 04:51 PM
EchoSaviour;11216']Garuda Veil, Ghost Binder, and Metal Jacket Guarders would've been the first armors to bite the dust.

Not the beautiful Garuda Veil. D:

Serpent is way more ugly.

JKRevan
September 21st, 2009, 05:02 PM
EchoSaviour;11216']

Hey, Watermelon armors are seasonal, they wont be here forever (or will they? O_o as in, WMI one day will be unacessible)

Giant space bees are all in the fluff (despite none of the hornian mobs be in actual space).

Bird armors are reversed shrine tech.

Pink gundam mobs are as far as mechs go here.

FLying sea creatures.. ermm.. eh... Lets skip this one ^^

Machine volcano mobs? i dont know, despite being ugly as hell, they dont look mechanical to me =O

Giant floating head is God, nuff said

TRIMUS DOESNT EXIST

EchoSaviour
September 21st, 2009, 05:16 PM
Pink gundam mobs are as far as mechs go here.

Ep3-3 says hi. (As far as I know regarding concept arts)

JKRevan
September 21st, 2009, 05:25 PM
But i bet My account none of the mobs are hentai based lolis

Nwah
September 21st, 2009, 05:31 PM
But i bet My account none of the mobs are hentai based lolis

OO do I get it if your wrong?

WTFMANG
September 21st, 2009, 09:22 PM
Echo, do you think you could show us some of that concept art for 3.3? :D

Mike Cosgrove
September 21st, 2009, 09:26 PM
Echo, do you think you could show us some of that concept art for 3.3? :D

I've found plenty of 3.3 concept art. Clicky (http://images.google.com/images?q=Zone+of+the+Enders)

WTFMANG
September 21st, 2009, 09:27 PM
I've found plenty of 3.3 concept art. Clicky (http://images.google.com/images?q=Zone+of+the+Enders)

game stupid I quit

VladTheImplier
September 21st, 2009, 09:51 PM
Wait what

HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE ****ING GARUDA VEIL

Pinoyisthenewblack
September 21st, 2009, 10:44 PM
EchoSaviour;11216']If we already (have) comical watermelon armors, giant space bees, bird armors that land with legs, pink gundam mobs, a giant floating rock head, Trimus's, airplanes that go into the water, flying sea creatures, and large machine volcano mobs that drop DNA, then adding mech armors won't make any difference on the mix and matched themes of ACE. And plus, who the hell actually cares what they're shooting at. If you hate the armors then kill players with them.

Being objective about it, ok, the IG and the BG can fit into the current ACE, but the MG (a hot pink nurse that someone just harrased) and the AG (clearly the all-champion of japanese fetishes, the japanese school girl) are way, waaaay off into the current ACE. Yes I'm sorry, it makes me mad that we willl have to see japanese school girls sieging gates in the already awesome mix of giant bees, birdesque armors, pink mech mobs, a giant floating rock head, Trimus's, flying sea creatures and mechanical scorpions.

Maybe if we can see some of that ep 3-3, we could understand how those armors will "fit" into "that" ACE.

EchoSaviour;11216']But yeah, if you hate the armors, thats fine. I don't care. Just stop trying to force people's decision. If I decided to remove armors due to appearance, the Garuda Veil, Ghost Binder, and Metal Jacket Guarders would've been the first armors to bite the dust.

WHAT!? :eek:

I'm not trying to force desicions, all my posts in this thread are to show my point of view of how out of place those armors are (because dev will see this, right? :| ), and the best argument I've seen so far is "It can be the 1st WP patch in a long time", wich is a good one, so I havn't being complaining too much lately.

Besides, all the current armors avialable to the players actually look like armors for an "Air Combat Extreme" game, but sieging japanese school girls and pink nurses flying around FFFFFFFFFFFF

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
September 21st, 2009, 11:15 PM
The people saying no (including me) are clearly in the minority according to the poll results, so it's a moot point now. We'll have to deal with it, life will still go on.

PatronAngeL
September 21st, 2009, 11:19 PM
Being objective about it, ok, the IG and the BG can fit into the current ACE, but the MG (a hot pink nurse that someone just harrased) and the AG (clearly the all-champion of japanese fetishes, the japanese school girl) are way, waaaay off into the current ACE. Yes I'm sorry, it makes me mad that we willl have to see japanese school girls sieging gates in the already awesome mix of giant bees, birdesque armors, pink mech mobs, a giant floating rock head, Trimus's, flying sea creatures and mechanical scorpions.

Maybe if we can see some of that ep 3-3, we could understand how those armors will "fit" into "that" ACE.

WHAT!? :eek:

I'm not trying to force desicions, all my posts in this thread are to show my point of view of how out of place those armors are (because dev will see this, right? :| ), and the best argument I've seen so far is "It can be the 1st WP patch in a long time", wich is a good one, so I havn't being complaining too much lately.

Besides, all the current armors avialable to the players actually look like armors for an "Air Combat Extreme" game, but sieging japanese school girls and pink nurses flying around FFFFFFFFFFFF

I agree with this guy since the subject of putting mechas like the MG and AG armor will create a flood of lol movies on YouTube and their design derails from the main point of the game, we are here to duel, dogfight and run not to harass mechas by shooting trailed rockets under their skirts.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

VladTheImplier
September 21st, 2009, 11:52 PM
ACE should be renamed to Zone of the Enders Online after we get ep 3.3

JKRevan
September 22nd, 2009, 12:16 AM
shut up...

short message

Wingspan
September 22nd, 2009, 07:26 AM
Here's an online game based on "Mech wars" if anybody is concern, and my concern is that i dont want the ace online be misidentified with this game. ofcourse, i also don't want this game to be degraded by jap's school girl designs. The latter seems doesn't have a decency, or for the AG and MG if some may agree.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&sa=1&q=EXTEEL

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=exteel+online&search_type=&aq=1&oq=EXTEEL

BTW, if it will satisfy the majority to add mechs, i'm excited as well i may say, so then make the wise decision for it.

ArtoriusDivinus
September 22nd, 2009, 08:13 AM
I think most of us know Exteel, oh well, I don't like the MG and AG ones a lot myself, I JUST WANT MAH BLAK IGUR MECH YO.

PatronAngeL
September 22nd, 2009, 08:34 AM
I think most of us know Exteel, oh well, I don't like the MG and AG ones a lot myself, I JUST WANT MAH BLAK IGUR MECH YO.

Well if only the Igur armor will be available as WP for all gears then it might spark conflicts with the simple reason of not being able to distinguish the gears.

My opinion is that wither all mechs will get on WP shop or black mech as leader armor.

BTW Exteel's GUI looks like AO's just more sleek, graphics also.

ArtoriusDivinus
September 22nd, 2009, 09:44 AM
Well if only the Igur armor will be available as WP for all gears then it might spark conflicts with the simple reason of not being able to distinguish the gears.

My opinion is that wither all mechs will get on WP shop or black mech as leader armor.

BTW Exteel's GUI looks like AO's just more sleek, graphics also.

Take a look at this beautiful poll, the Mechs location has already been determined.

Gimpy
September 22nd, 2009, 10:19 AM
Yes (Cash Shop) 26 14.13%
Yes (WP Shop) 125 67.93%
Yes (Boss Drop) 18 9.78%
Yes (Leader Only) 19 10.33%
No (GM Only) 30 16.30%

yyyep