PDA

View Full Version : ACE Online Episode 4.3 New Features Guide - Nation Contribution Point Overhaul

Involution
September 20th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Hi everyone!

With Episode 4.3 undergoing testing and QA, I want to give you the inside scoop on the major new features you can expect to find in the update. Today, I'd like to talk to you all about one of the biggest overall gameplay improvements to be found in Episode 4.3 - it's not extremely flashy, but it is very cool.

Nation Contribution Point Overhaul

For a long time, the Nation Contribution Point (NCP) system has been a bit irrelevant. While it's a good way of tracking game balance, it simply hasn't had the important effect on overall gameplay that it should have had from the start. Many players simply ignored NCP, since they didn't have any major reason to pay attention in the first place - and the losing team especially would often simply shrug their shoulders and stop caring about it for the month, or try to get themselves transferred over to the winning nation.

Masang Soft took a lot of community feedback into account (some of it from us, too) in order to overhaul the NCP system in Episode 4.3. Below, we've got the changes for you in full detail.

Gaining NCP

Currently, NCP is gained largely through individual kills players make during wars, and even in the Arena. If you think about this, it's not really the best indicator of how the nation as a whole is doing - a handful of really beefy players can often carry a nation entirely, for instance, making this number not so representative of the whole.

In Episode 4.3, NCP is now modified so that now, personal PvP kills and Arena kills do not contribute to NCP at all.

Instead, NCP is only gained from Mothership Wars, Strategic Points, and Outpost Wars. Below you'll find a chart covering the details:

War Type
Old NCP Value (Loss/Win)
New NCP Value (Loss/Win)

Outpost War
0 / 0
100 / 500

Strategic Point War
0 / 500
100 / 500

Mothership War
0 / 1000
200 / 1000

As you can see, now Outpost Wars matter to NCP, giving greater incentive for nations to participate, and the losing nation also receives points where previously they did not receive any at all. This helps prevent runaway situations and more clearly indicates which nation is stronger as a whole.

NCP Nation Buffs

These changes wouldn't mean much if there wasn't some actual tangible reward attached to NCP, and thankfully changes have been made to ensure that that is indeed the case, in a way that is very fair and balanced to all players.

Episode 4.3 adds brand-new nation buffs for both the winners and losers in wars. However, the buffs are not the same between winners and losers, and the way the two are calculated is also different.

Win Streak Buffs

Winner buffs are determined using winning streaks, with the war types above (Outpost, Strategic Point, Mothership). The more wins of these type in a row, the greater the nation's buffs will be. Check the details out here:

Consecutive Wins
Buff Received (Stacking)

+10% Attack bonus vs. monsters

+30% movement speed inside city

+10% Accuracy bonus vs. monsters

+10% Pierce bonus vs. monsters

+10% Defense bonus vs. monsters

+10% Evasion bonus vs. monsters

8 (max)
Permanent stealth effect (only effective against monsters)

As you can see, the buffs that winners enjoy are very nice - especially the movement speed bonus and perma-stealth - but, you'll also notice that these only apply to PvE play, not PvP play. Therefore, while the bonuses are nice, they won't actually give the winning team an advantage in PvP gameplay. This helps avoid the "snowball" problem where the winners keep getting stronger and stronger.

Losing Nation Buffs

Meanwhile, what about losing nation buffs? The good news is, they also get bonuses - but theirs have some very key differences.

The first is in how the buffs are actually calculated. While winners receive a bonus for their win streak during wars, the losing nation buffs are based on current NCP, and scale directly with the NCP difference between the nations.

Specifically, if the difference between the winning and losing teams' NCP is more than 4,000 points, for every point past that 4,000 point difference, the losing nation gains a 0.0075% global bonus to Defense, Evasion, Attack, Pierce and Accuracy. That's not just a PvE bonus, but also applies to PvP.

For example, let's say the difference between both nations is 7,000 NCP total. That's 3,000 points past the 4,000 point difference, so we'd multiply 3,000 x 0.0075 - giving the losing team a bonus to all those stats of 22.5%.

What this does is make sure that the losing nation can actually fight back if the difference between both nations becomes too severe. Let's face it, if there's a 7,000 point difference, that means that one nation is likely severely underpowered, so they get help to get back on track - but because the bonus also scales directly with the NCP difference, not the base NCP rate, the bonus is only as effective as how far behind the losing nation is.

Last, please bear in mind that win streak and losing nation buffs will stack with each other - the losing nation can still get win streaks and can still get the buffs, while also getting the losing nation buffs too. But, it's also not that likely that a nation losing too much is going to get long winning streaks either, so there's no way a single nation will be able to gain huge benefits forever - and if they do, well, they're still losing.

Conclusion

Overall, we think that this change is one of the best things the game has seen in a long time. We feel that the buffs are enough incentive for players to go for them, but also not too overpowering to completely make up for a lack of skill in the players receiving them - and giving PvE-only buffs to the winners ensures that there is no problem of the strong getting stronger.

Thanks for reading everybody, and we hope that you like the changes! Let us know what you think in the comments below! :)

Last, here's some screenshots about how the nation buff stations and statues look in the BCU and ANI towns. The statue actually grows bigger and more impressive with each win. Pretty cool, no?

http://i.minus.com/ihrCexz4vmRNy.jpghttp://i2.minus.com/inXR3cEsa8Oaj.jpg

IronlEye
September 20th, 2013, 04:41 PM
< 3

About the NCP giving bonuses to losing nation, that could be tweaked a littlebit. 0,0075% is too high.

DonVISIONe
September 20th, 2013, 04:43 PM
sounds cool

IronlEye
September 20th, 2013, 05:06 PM
The idea of assisting the losing nation by NCP and giving them def/eva/pierce/prob bonusses is great, but have in mind they are only there to assist, not to make the losing nation impossible to fight against.

Tweaking the factor of 0.0075% to like 0.001825%(devided it by 4) means the losing nation gets around 5.6% def/eva/pierce/prob bonus every 4000 + 3000 NCP they are behind to a maximum of like 10/15/20%?

To get the 20% bonus they need to be 12.000 + 4000 behind the winning nation, which is alot.

It is hard to find the thin line where it works great, because if the bonus is too big the losing nation becomes too overpowered to fight against and destroys the fun in wars. Too few and it doesn't help the losing nation at all.

Prinn1973
September 20th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Then is better have bonus of worst nation, because the bonus affect PvE and PvP ;)

The game change for dont kill players for get the highest % of bonus... It's great!

Is there any appear crystal system in 4.3 that need special rules before that version will be implemented. Because actually in rules not appear nothing about abuse crystals system and i have threat with this...

Is there in EP 4.3, a item for change nation directly with WP or Credits?

Will be a rule about abuse system trigger of Adv. base Sodom as the same that crystals on Ash, that not appear in rules?

Grive
September 20th, 2013, 05:43 PM
The idea of assisting the losing nation by NCP and giving them def/eva/pierce/prob bonusses is great, but have in mind they are only there to assist, not to make the losing nation impossible to fight against.

Tweaking the factor of 0.0075% to like 0.001825%(devided it by 4) means the losing nation gets around 5.6% def/eva/pierce/prob bonus every 4000 + 3000 NCP they are behind to a maximum of like 10/15/20%?

To get the 20% bonus they need to be 12.000 + 4000 behind the winning nation, which is alot.

It is hard to find the thin line where it works great, because if the bonus is too big the losing nation becomes too overpowered to fight against and destroys the fun in wars. Too few and it doesn't help the losing nation at all.

Strong agree. Not cause im a cry baby who doesnt like ppl with over 150% eva (i am a cry baby and i dont like 150% eva but thats not the reason), but it will screw up the normal wars. Doesnt matter who it is but theres this guy in BCU with insane eva, and with my mediocre 170% prob I hit him like once every 10 volleys... give him these bonusses and he will be invincible. I feel like ragequiting thinking about this >_<
And theres alot of people with sick defensive stats, no need to buff em so hard. What Iron sais here seems reasonable to me since its still a decent bonus but not too overpowered.

EDIT: Nice statues btw <3

Spetterpoep98
September 20th, 2013, 05:58 PM
I know that this post doesn't belong here.
But I just wanna say:

I hope u get well better and have a good recovery, Invo.
And I think that I can speak in the name of most subagamers.

<3 you, Invo ( and your free stoofs too ofcourse :COOL: )

Lonewolf7191
September 20th, 2013, 07:19 PM
The losing nation bonus is way too high. Unless the bonus is meant for the winning nation to not war outside events at all.

Also, it promotes losing, as the bonuses are WAY better than for the winning nation.

Involution
September 20th, 2013, 07:27 PM
The losing nation bonus is way too high. Unless the bonus is meant for the winning nation to not war outside events at all.

Also, it promotes losing, as the bonuses are WAY better than for the winning nation.
As soon as you narrow the gap to 4000 NCP, the bonuses are gone. It's possible it could be abused, but we want to see it in action first to see how well it does. So if a nation is happy losing all the time and having those bonuses, fine, I guess that means they just can't use them in wars... doesn't exactly sound like a recipe for fun, or one that you could get the whole nation to follow.

I don't think Masang Soft would be against tweaking the bonuses a little bit if they caused problems (either reduce losing buffs or improve winning buffs). Right now I think what's important is that we have solid protection against snowballing for the first time pretty much ever.

Prinn1973
September 20th, 2013, 08:00 PM
As soon as you narrow the gap to 4000 NCP, the bonuses are gone. It's possible it could be abused, but we want to see it in action first to see how well it does. So if a nation is happy losing all the time and having those bonuses, fine, I guess that means they just can't use them in wars... doesn't exactly sound like a recipe for fun, or one that you could get the whole nation to follow.

I don't think Masang Soft would be against tweaking the bonuses a little bit if they caused problems (either reduce losing buffs or improve winning buffs). Right now I think what's important is that we have solid protection against snowballing for the first time pretty much ever.

When you said "Could be abused" i understand that nation more inteligent use ncp in his benefits as same with crystals system that i did abuse supposedly.

It's easy maintain difference of 10k ncp, because with new version we must go to war for die instead of kill enemy. Before of MS simplely we must leave that other nation win sp... And we'll got the bonus for MS. It's strategy basic as long time ago, when for do a MS we must reach to 100k ncp each. And there is a lot of Feeding, Turtle, Farming, depending situation. Then... As the person that answer my ticket and threat to me using "abuse crystal system trigger"... The tactics will do for maintenance 10k of difference will be "Abuse NCP system"? Will appear new rules instead inteligence, strategy or tactics? will be threat the nation that do loss for get more bonus? Because i have threat of Suba with crystals system and not appear in rules nothing about it! will appear new rules later babys cry? (As same appear happen with crystal system later GuardianAngels Brigade cry, and this rule not appear in rules of game).

Lonewolf7191
September 20th, 2013, 08:01 PM

The losing nation would war like no tomorrow, but the winning nation wouldn't do **** outside of sps, mses and outposts, since they would get the pen0r from behind during normal wars lol

GrandSkyDemon
September 20th, 2013, 08:38 PM
I'm good with this. bring it on

IrazuCR
September 20th, 2013, 09:55 PM
So, basicly, new update is: Def / Eva nation buffs for PvE (almost useless) and + 10% lag statues?

RogueWave
September 21st, 2013, 12:15 AM
For example, let's say the difference between both nations is 7,000 NCP total. That's 3,000 points past the 4,000 point difference, so we'd multiply 3,000 x 0.0075 - giving the losing team a bonus to all those stats of 22.5%.

inb4 160% evasion +160% defense MGs... We wanted apples and you gave us oranges. Thanks!

I sure hope I am on the smart nation. I will now grind my spy to assist the opposing nation.

Hawkerace
September 21st, 2013, 01:18 AM
ohboyherewego

ETAZERO
September 21st, 2013, 01:22 AM
I c den war/camp 24/7

Soulsss
September 21st, 2013, 04:37 AM
These changes look really nice. Looking forward to the patch :>

Spetterpoep98
September 21st, 2013, 05:34 AM
Gaining NCP

Currently, NCP is gained largely through individual kills players make during wars, and even in the Arena. If you think about this, it's not really the best indicator of how the nation as a whole is doing - a handful of really beefy players can often carry a nation entirely, for instance, making this number not so representative of the whole.

In Episode 4.3, NCP is now modified so that now, personal PvP kills and Arena kills do not contribute to NCP at all.

Instead, NCP is only gained from Mothership Wars, Strategic Points, and Outpost Wars.

By removing NCP from pvp/arena, there won't be a lot of differences in NCP, because a nation mostly wins an attack sp and there's (or they should be) a balance in attack end defence sps.
And if you want to test a nation's teamwork, they may succeed the first 45 minutes during a defence sp, but when it dies, all the effort is lost.
This could be solved by giving NCP based on how long the SP/MS lasts.

Youtro
September 21st, 2013, 05:39 AM
Time to come back for a day or two again XD

IronlEye
September 21st, 2013, 05:56 AM
Time to come back for a day or two again XD

Nothing of value was gained.

Youtro
September 21st, 2013, 07:18 AM
Nothing of value was gained.
I want to come back either way :P Maybe i'll meet john again :3

DieyouNoob
September 21st, 2013, 01:26 PM
< 3

About the NCP giving bonuses to losing nation, that could be tweaked a littlebit. 0,0075% is too high.

I think this is too much why am.I going to go to a bark war when everyone I,m fighting has say 20 percent more prob, pierce 5ef and 2va than me? I will just say no thanks and stay in tow @erhaps this might work if it was fo MS and OP only?

Well that's my opinion , I hope I misunderstood and get trolled instead of that much of a losing buff???

Pinoyisthenewblack
September 21st, 2013, 01:31 PM
That is all really cool, but the game is not "just MS, OP and SP wars", the open/random wars are also a big part of the fun, and it might get a little too one sided... as it always is anyway after a few minutes so I don't see the problem I guess or something.

TomQuayle
September 21st, 2013, 03:08 PM
very bad idea. I mean for the losing nation bonuses. so if that happened, Im not gonna help my nation on defending and attacking and just get those bonuses for normal bark wars.

seems like that's what's gonna happen. I would rather lose on main wars (ms, op, sp) and get those bonuses rather than winning and get a PVe bonuses. that would make people be more lazy to come to wars and just prefer getting those bonuses on normal bark wars.

plus, the wining nation (most of them) is gonna go grind with those bonuses while the losing nation will be camping bark and dens 24/7. just my opinion

IronlEye
September 21st, 2013, 03:23 PM
But the essence in this game is to pvp and be the best space cowboy?

Grinding sucks

Xapple214x46pNp
September 21st, 2013, 05:59 PM
I think the medium here is if the losing buffs are in place, just have them in effect DURING OP/MS/whatever.

RogueWave
September 21st, 2013, 06:15 PM
very bad idea. I mean for the losing nation bonuses. so if that happened, Im not gonna help my nation on defending and attacking and just get those bonuses for normal bark wars.

seems like that's what's gonna happen. I would rather lose on main wars (ms, op, sp) and get those bonuses rather than winning and get a PVe bonuses. that would make people be more lazy to come to wars and just prefer getting those bonuses on normal bark wars.

plus, the wining nation (most of them) is gonna go grind with those bonuses while the losing nation will be camping bark and dens 24/7. just my opinion

The losing nation will be grinding also because the bonuses are global. So basically, farm WPs in arena, go on spy to help opposing nation for SP, dominate grind/war on losing nation because of better bonuses. They somehow found a way to mess up the game more and trick most people in to thinking its a good thing. If you thought cross-feeding was an issue back in the day, imagine the effects it will have with these new features.

TomQuayle
September 21st, 2013, 07:13 PM
that means the losing nation gets mgear buffs permanently lel. until the winning nation cross feeds.. :3

Hawkies
September 21st, 2013, 11:38 PM
I think the medium here is if the losing buffs are in place, just have them in effect DURING OP/MS/whatever.

Pretty much this.
Was thinking about this too.

LeDude
September 22nd, 2013, 06:16 AM
Would anybody be able to enlighten me on the probability I will enjoy this game again if I come back?

I'm a level 90 Bgur with no SPI or good weps and I just want to have fun with wars..

LeitanTen8een
September 22nd, 2013, 06:27 AM
its not said that when ncp gap reaches 4000 mark ,the global percent is not 20% .

will the ncp resets at every new leads?

DonVISIONe
September 22nd, 2013, 07:33 AM
Would anybody be able to enlighten me on the probability I will enjoy this game again if I come back?

I'm a level 90 Bgur with no SPI or good weps and I just want to have fun with wars..

if u dont have a big wallet (or alot of time to farm wps) dont come back ;)

Purplefisty
September 22nd, 2013, 09:11 AM
you would have to play a ton of arena for eprots and supergambles to make weapons, but once you have a good rea woo you can grind to 110 in about a week.

Lonewolf7191
September 22nd, 2013, 10:06 AM
its not said that when ncp gap reaches 4000 mark ,the global percent is not 20% .

will the ncp resets at every new leads?

It should. If not, why?

Also, if this were to happen, you would have to force the game to spawn the same amount of attack/def sps every day, while still making it random somehow.

Nordiaden
September 22nd, 2013, 10:38 AM
you would have to play a ton of arena for eprots and supergambles to make weapons, but once you have a good rea woo you can grind to 110 in about a week.

101 you mean right?
cuz 110 with 1 week would be just ridiculous :D

Pinoyisthenewblack
September 22nd, 2013, 11:08 AM
Let's just wait and see, who in their right mind you waste time and energy on crossfeeding on a videogame? There are plenty of other videogames out there btw.

Purplefisty
September 22nd, 2013, 11:53 AM
101 you mean right?
cuz 110 with 1 week would be just ridiculous :D

I meant 110.

Hawkerace
September 22nd, 2013, 12:14 PM
Let's just wait and see, who in their right mind you waste time and energy on crossfeeding on a videogame? There are plenty of other videogames out there btw.

don't tell pinoys that.

TomQuayle
September 22nd, 2013, 02:23 PM
don't tell pinoys that.
not all pinoys man. not all

SpaceBee
September 22nd, 2013, 02:49 PM
Its all good you guys are concerned about war balance, but bear in mind that it only calculates Nation Wars with rates 5:1 for the winner. So to get 4k ncp difference you would need to win a lot more than opposing nation. On top of that said bonus gets noticeable after 700 more ncp witch is >5% (aprox. turkey like), so the loosing nation with "constant" turkeys is really more likely to win another nation war, therefore cancelling most of this bonus. Really it would take like a whole brig or two crossfeeding to actually shift the tides in such a war. IMO its a really cool idea. And Invo said they will be monitoring it if this 0.0075% rate isn't too high.

Spetterpoep98
September 22nd, 2013, 03:55 PM
U can't crossfeed.
Read Invo's post again

Arena and pvp-kills don't contribute in NCP

Have some problem quoting :/

TomQuayle
September 22nd, 2013, 04:29 PM
U can't crossfeed.
Read Invo's post again

Have some problem quoting :/u can still do that. :)

vuestylez
September 22nd, 2013, 05:21 PM
This means I can give out my free wang commander km's and be helpful to the nation? YUSH!

Nordiaden
September 23rd, 2013, 10:57 AM
This means I can give out my free wang commander km's and be helpful to the nation? YUSH!

no, read the post again :D
killmarks wont count as ncp.
unless i read something wrong :ehh:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
September 23rd, 2013, 02:29 PM
buffs are fine

ppl who hit and run the whole war wont now abuse the losing nation , which means losing nation can farm their asses to top and not caring that, not only u will be farmed all day by someone whos farm u at war , if u lost the war the abuser wont be able to farm u at areas so bonuses are good , atlru winning bonuses could be 100% since they are vs mobs , if i compare green mobs with ep4 , they hav like 1000k hp armor and eva, which is only good for Overpoweredverytotalybroken-B-gears

Lonewolf7191
September 23rd, 2013, 07:12 PM
Implying your english can compare to my monthly income and my lifestyle. Trying to discriminate group of pll knowing they got more wallet than your internet english.

I changed my mind. I think this update will be great for the game. I realized this when bloody scythe got a puri during the recent BBS sp, and i was still doing 1s on him with 65% pierce. (was using pierce charm)

Make sure to get permission from masang to change the rates yourselves though, or you will lose players if the rates are too high, and people quit due to being raped.

LeitanTen8een
September 23rd, 2013, 07:19 PM
U can't crossfeed.
Read Invo's post again

Have some problem quoting :/

That's why the 4000 gap is impossible,now the game is balanced these days!

SpaceBee
September 24th, 2013, 10:08 AM
U can't crossfeed.
Read Invo's post again

You can, its not like the real crossfeed tho, but there are people with alt gears and not just spies one the other nation, they can put those to use. also 4k gap is not impossible, its like 10 SP's (the rate 5:1) or more like one MS two OP's and 6 SP's, all that can be lost within a week, but that gap will not be getting bigger since its hard too lose an attack SP isnt it?

Spetterpoep98
September 25th, 2013, 01:35 AM
I changed my mind. I think this update will be great for the game. I realized this when bloody scythe got a puri during the recent BBS sp, and i was still doing 1s on him with 65% pierce. (was using pierce charm)

He was flying with 340def
->180%def just for trolling

TomQuayle
September 25th, 2013, 02:29 AM

Make sure to get permission from masang to change the rates yourselves though, or you will lose players if the rates are too high, and people quit due to being raped.
dude u need to make a pierce ac then. I run 107 percent pierce on my ag

LeDude
September 27th, 2013, 11:44 PM
What's the population of this game like nowadays?

Lonewolf7191
September 28th, 2013, 04:53 AM
He was flying with 340def
->180%def just for trolling

It's for moments like those that I'm going to enjoy this update.

Silver-X
September 28th, 2013, 09:01 AM

Excluding Pinoys, Germans, Turks, BRs and pretty much anyone that's retarded? No one.

Involution
September 29th, 2013, 10:01 PM
The game's active user community has been very stable over the last several months in terms of raw player count. As always, big updates bring people back, but not all of them stick around. We saw about double our current number, maybe even a bit more, with Episode 4, 4.1, 4.2 etc. and I expect a similar temporary boost with 4.3 as well. But, since a lot of the new features are also pretty cool, I hope some more players stick around for longer this time.

Lion3142
October 5th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Hey,

I have to say as pointed out by others, this is an incredibly bad idea, even more so than the recent def/eva fixes. Its a good "Balance" idea in practice but when you think carefully enough it falls apart at the seems.

There is nothing to stop a nation abusing this - for instance all a nation leader has to do is tell his nation not to go any of the major wars for a week and already if they lose everything there is a 9000 NCP gap - Enough for a 37.5% bonus to everything.

Heres the basic math of it
- 2 MS Losses - (2000 / 200)
- 15 SP Losses (average of 3 SPs over 5 days) (7500 / 1500)
- 3 Outpost Losses (1500 / 300)

That means one nation has 11,000 NCP and the other 2000. so the gap difference is 9,000 in less than a week. This is enough for 5000 x 0.0075 = 37.5% bonus

Now what happens? Basically the "winning" nation cant do anything. There will be MGs with 160% + 37.5% defence (197.5% so 100% pierce will hit 2.5% damage) IGs with well over 200% evasion, Ags with well over 200% def and BGs with combined 130+ def / eva. Since all the high level grind maps (100 +) don't have any safe areas the abusing nation can camp just about every map in the game and prevent the other nation grinding, and farm personal fame infinitely. They dont even need to bother with the main wars anymore (SPs, MSs, OPs) because their gaining an advantage from doing nothing. The best part of it is also you can't technically stop them from doing this, since they arn't breaking any rules.

The end result is its better for neither nation to bother with MS/OP/SP at all, since if they actually win too much from one nation purely not trying they end up completely outpowered, as there is no counter to it (you cant make your opposition start winning).

I realise theres stuff like "People dont listen to leaders etc", and i am detailing a probable worst-case scenario, But in my opinion there is a good chance of this happening, we saw a similar thing with the brigade xfers and akron where nations started getting stacked up.

I'm not sure what to suggest to fix this, reducing the 0.0075 to 0.0025 (as suggested by ox) makes this less likely, but it still becomes a problem after a couple of weeks. Even with 0.0025 the bonus is 12.5% in under a week, which is enough for 170%+ def/eva gears.

Anyways, sorry for the ranting post, but this is my opinion on this change :/

Best,
FireDragonXI
(The annoying MG that dies in 5 seconds.)

Lonewolf7191
October 5th, 2013, 07:25 AM
What fire said. It's the only thing that kills the idea.

IrazuCR
October 5th, 2013, 07:35 AM
isn't nation buffs for monsters only?

Lonewolf7191
October 5th, 2013, 08:36 AM
isn't nation buffs for monsters only?

Read invos post. The prob and pierce are for both.

BoBdaIG
October 6th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Defense and eva should not be added and dont care bout pierce or prob if even reach 50%.

Spetterpoep98
March 3rd, 2014, 04:00 PM
LALALALALALA THREAD NECRO

< 3

The losing nation would war like no tomorrow, but the winning nation wouldn't do **** outside of sps, mses and outposts, since they would get the pen0r from behind during normal wars lol

Hey,

I have to say as pointed out by others, this is an incredibly bad idea, even more so than the recent def/eva fixes. Its a good "Balance" idea in practice but when you think carefully enough it falls apart at the seems.

There is nothing to stop a nation abusing this - for instance all a nation leader has to do is tell his nation not to go any of the major wars for a week and already if they lose everything there is a 9000 NCP gap - Enough for a 37.5% bonus to everything.

Heres the basic math of it
- 2 MS Losses - (2000 / 200)
- 15 SP Losses (average of 3 SPs over 5 days) (7500 / 1500)
- 3 Outpost Losses (1500 / 300)

That means one nation has 11,000 NCP and the other 2000. so the gap difference is 9,000 in less than a week. This is enough for 5000 x 0.0075 = 37.5% bonus

Now what happens? Basically the "winning" nation cant do anything. There will be MGs with 160% + 37.5% defence (197.5% so 100% pierce will hit 2.5% damage) IGs with well over 200% evasion, Ags with well over 200% def and BGs with combined 130+ def / eva. Since all the high level grind maps (100 +) don't have any safe areas the abusing nation can camp just about every map in the game and prevent the other nation grinding, and farm personal fame infinitely. They dont even need to bother with the main wars anymore (SPs, MSs, OPs) because their gaining an advantage from doing nothing. The best part of it is also you can't technically stop them from doing this, since they arn't breaking any rules.

The end result is its better for neither nation to bother with MS/OP/SP at all, since if they actually win too much from one nation purely not trying they end up completely outpowered, as there is no counter to it (you cant make your opposition start winning).

I realise theres stuff like "People dont listen to leaders etc", and i am detailing a probable worst-case scenario, But in my opinion there is a good chance of this happening, we saw a similar thing with the brigade xfers and akron where nations started getting stacked up.

I'm not sure what to suggest to fix this, reducing the 0.0075 to 0.0025 (as suggested by ox) makes this less likely, but it still becomes a problem after a couple of weeks. Even with 0.0025 the bonus is 12.5% in under a week, which is enough for 170%+ def/eva gears.

Anyways, sorry for the ranting post, but this is my opinion on this change :/

Best,
FireDragonXI
(The annoying MG that dies in 5 seconds.)

Things have been predicted.
Things have come out.

Xjmas
March 3rd, 2014, 07:18 PM
Couldn't just make a new thread like a normal person? :o