PDA

View Full Version : ATA 8X str VS full geared ATA

Mxcdelespavo6EH
October 10th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Hi guys,

I had the same issue with my PRS (to put agi or not ?), but the issue was pretty easy to solve for PRS as damages don't scale well with high spirit (+10% dmg for being pure while you loose like 30+ abs, 1000+ def, etc etc...).

Same issue here for my ATA curently 7X.
I heard low str ATA rock, low str means 8X I suppose (to wear all subs+20% base block shield+ it's only a few points more than to wear the javelin anyway).
But I saw that high lvl ATAs (maze, for exemple, who is 108+) are fully geared.

So, I don't know what to think, I don't know how it will impact on my damages, how easier it is to kite/run/kill with higher def/abs, I DON'T KNOW.

So tell me please =D

Mxcdelespavo6EH
October 20th, 2013, 07:07 PM
really, guy ? :(
I'm 9X now and can't make my mind clear about that question.
Currently I'm low str but abs is very low, in the other hand I feel like every point spent into agility adds damages, so it's really hard to choose, I would need advice concerning Loc/ET2 maps to see what's the best choice.

PhangTeo
October 21st, 2013, 05:33 AM
I't up to you, for me I have chosen high agi build (84 str).
I'm 102 atm and have 108 abs, around 2,2k def (with +13 80D subs), can survive easily in LoC/ET2 since I often playing in a party so I don't have to tank. Ofc low str ata produce big amount of damage, total damage per minute even better than pike.
High str ata also have some pros, they're look cool, and better tanking (but it's not worth for me, since ATAs have bear, they don't need to tank almost of the time)
Or you can try a balance build. Strength can be 110 (max) to wearing 108 shield, still produce high damage.

ForceAta001
October 22nd, 2013, 12:03 AM
Nah. Some atas can't survive in et2 with 80d subgears. Even 2 caras or 3 range mobs in loc you are killed with them easily.

Mxcdelespavo6EH
October 22nd, 2013, 03:06 AM
What JohnErickson says seems more "fair" to me, I have a PRS base agi with decent stuff (aged +10 to +13 on all stuff) and I can deal with I2/ice mobs pretty easily with VL, but LoC is already a pain in the ***.
She only has 81 abs, i figure it's really low, but I doubt I can have more than 100-110abs on my ata with cheap gears and lvl 100 stuff (think it's gonna be 90 abs top with 80d gears if I go semi-pure and wear a supreme armor).

I don't like the idea of being fully geared because each armor requires more str than the precedent one, making the increase in abs a decrease in dmg each time you wear a new armor (while you can wear every gear in the game with only 108 str, except for the armor but you can easily have 2/3 lvl of ages more than you would have if you keep using a supreme armor instead of new expensive armor everytime....it's like 20 abs less for 60 points spent into agi instead of str, it's worth it I think.... especially with the high dodge/block ATA can reach).

one question remain : how usefull is the bear for LoC ?
I know ET2 is mainly a "party" map, but LoC may easily be a solo map since you mainly 1v1 mobs, so I suppose the wolf can have a role to play in this...if it can survive more than 2-3 hits at lvl 1.

Ephesians
October 22nd, 2013, 07:30 AM
Im using a shield build.. And i can only say i dont feel 100 satisfied. Because the damage difference from 84build is too damn much haha

Mxcdelespavo6EH
October 22nd, 2013, 10:18 AM
are you serious ?
I didn't think loosing roughly 20 agi (instead of 80 when being fully geared) would make a noticeable different.

Does it ?

TheRealDeath
October 22nd, 2013, 11:13 AM
When I had a low str ata in bpt the low abs did feel like a pain until I got aged 80d subs, but after that it was "okay" (until it got hacked).
My archer here is 79 str though (lvl 92), and I have to say I'm very happy with the build I chose. At one point I considered getting an 80d armor because I thought it could be worth it in i2/sod, but you can compensate the lower armor abs with other gear and smart playstyle. That's for an archer, I would think it's easier for an ata cause you get some extra block/abs/HP from a mixed shield.

For 10x and higher I would've picked low strength (8x) for sure, but can't say I have 1st hand experience from that.

Ephesians
October 22nd, 2013, 11:33 AM
Okay, maybe becaue i have 81 spr too. HahahBut comparing to my friend's ata at lvl 92 and i was 99, his attackppwer was as mine. Haha. Or maybe lesser by a little only.

Thc4me
January 28th, 2014, 01:42 PM
hi im a str ata at 110 I like wearing armor because I hunt in ice mine a lot, I walk around with 172 abs and 3k def. to answer ur ? its all about personal preference if u wanna be tanky be tanky if u wanna be a glass cannon go for it. I prefer to stay off the floor an use 1 more snippy to kill mons. I know of ata at 118 that use santa armor his ap is nutz but he can die in et if he dun wacth himself .
enjoy your ata and know at high lvls we ROCK

karlal
January 29th, 2014, 12:48 PM
i know ata has fast jav i seen them thy do rock i cant wait get mine up so hard sometimes when so many char u have only few u use all the time one day i will retired my higher char play my other one but for now i will play my high lvl char until he 11x unless come out with more dif gear and maps ata do rock and thy r fast

Tootie
April 30th, 2014, 04:14 AM
i think someone should post their inputs on 8x str (pure agil) vs the semi pure builds.

Im 9x and i have 84 str and i've always wondered if i should switch to 10x str. which means i can use inferno/cronus when the time comes.

I DEFINITELY have problems soloing with my santa/80d subs and GS aged..

Santa is at +13 and should remain there for awhile because breaking that would mean no more santa for me. Subs's are at +9/10..

one of the main reasons of switching to 10x str would also mean i can use a better shield and i would be able to use .. supreme/fpa i guess.

so throughout the topic one has been comparing 8x str to fully gears atas at 16x str using wyvern.

So how bout some inputs from semi pure atas? :) I know we classes are rare, but im sure some of the semi pures are still active on the forums.

Quass10n876rkjM
April 27th, 2016, 08:56 AM
thc4me can you post at vid doing bc and aw with high str ata

Thc4me
April 29th, 2016, 06:51 PM
you need to get high lvl 12x or better to go with 110-112 armor,but when you do you can tank very well,also the wyv socket build is fine but in bc you , will get wrecked. i would go socketed wyv till 110 or maybe 115 b4 u switch to a higher armor. at 128 i have the agility of a 124 in wyv,but 10x the tankability. an quass who ever you are im not gonna post a vid,just try it out yourself its all about personal taste,i like being tanky some might want max damage, up to you to decide what you like more.

Johnreydelc6U0F
August 28th, 2016, 09:42 AM
whatever armor you use ata's will get rekt at Siege.. very squishy even you use 112 armor

Thc4me
September 8th, 2016, 11:10 AM
whatever armor you use ata's will get rekt at Siege.. very squishy even you use 112 armor

a 13x ata doesthe squishing at bc even in 112 armor i can kill alot of pikes/fighters in 2 skills

Quass10n876rkjM
September 8th, 2016, 08:50 PM
you mean by squishing is your killing other player easily?