PDA

View Full Version : Meet The Team! Interview Series - [GM] Involution!

Kkid
November 7th, 2013, 11:56 PM
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x401/MrKkid/c6b62eb5-2538-45fd-b71d-3834cc057043.jpg (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/MrKkid/media/c6b62eb5-2538-45fd-b71d-3834cc057043.jpg.html)

Hey Suba Gamers!

Throughout the next couple of months or so the Suba Games Team will be giving you a little insight into our public figures representing all of our titles! We'll be giving you a series of interviews from Moderators, Community Managers and Game Masters. They'll be talking about thier job here, thier game, and a little bit about themselves.

And....without further a due here is our first interview done by...

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x401/MrKkid/DeusEx-Icarus.png (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/MrKkid/media/DeusEx-Icarus.png.html)[GM] Involution of ACE Online!

So you're a GM. What is it you actually do?

Being a GM means that I handle all sorts of responsibilities. Daily, I spend a lot of my time answering player support tickets, running in-game events, and coordinating with ACE Online's developers in Korea by providing feedback to them on bugs, features and so on. This takes up over half my time in the average day. Sometimes I might even need to spend some time with another game, not just ACE Online!

But, what some people might not realize is that being a GM also includes other stuff - testing out brand-new and upcoming games to get ideas for new features, getting footage and screenshots for the press, doing PR and marketing work by producing newsletters and updates, and doing the bulk of our own quality assurance testing on our games and updates. I also contribute to all of our games by writing up or editing the text on our web sites and forums where needed.

In other words, it's a very diverse sort of job where you end up doing something new every week, or every day. But it's also very fun and rewarding!

What's your typical day as a Game Master?

Roll into the office on the bus in the morning, sit down and check my e-mails for anything important that's come up. Then, I need to choose how to best spend my time. Sometimes that's getting ready to run ACE weekly maintenance almost immediately, or testing an update we received. Usually though, it'll be getting as many support issues out of the way early on as possible. Of course, then comes lunch, the most important part of the working day! After that I tend to do any other non-routine tasks, before finishing up the day by running any events I need to do, or getting a few more player support issues out of the way.

When did you become a GM?

That would be August of last year, though I don't think I was "officially" unveiled to the community with my shiny GM name until September.

What's your favorite Suba game?

Speaking honestly, it's probably ACE Online. Even though I'm not the biggest MMORPG fan out there, ACE has something unique about its gameplay that makes it stand out from not just the rest of our games, but pretty much any MMO I've seen. But, I admit that I do also like MAT quite a bit, for its sheer silliness.

How long have you played games for? What's your favorite?

Too long. Too many. Seriously though, I've been gaming probably since I was about 3-4 years old, starting out either with Nintendo and Genesis games, as well as old PC titles on my dad's 386. If I had to pick one game only out of all that I like most, Deus Ex is probably at the top of the list, but I also love plenty more - the Elder Scrolls series, Thief series, Baldur's Gate series, and on consoles, Metroid, Mario, Zelda.

Favorite thing about the position?

Probably the autonomy. Working as a GM isn't like other jobs. You have a lot of control over what you do and when in your day, and your opinion on things actually matters. That makes it a lot of fun and very satisfying when you see something you worked hard on actually come to life.

What's the strangest or most bizarre thing you've had to deal with?

Probably players insisting that using Cheat Engine isn't hacking because it's called "Cheat" Engine instead of "Hack" Engine. That, or incidents of mysteriously disappearing and reappearing food on the office. I blame Tranzor.

What's your favorite GM command to use?

Honestly, I don't have one in particular, but usually using a few together is entertaining. I'm not going to lie, sometimes I do enjoy a practical joke, and doing things like summoning strange monsters in places they don't belong, or teleporting players to unused or broken maps in the game is funny.

What's your favorite sport or activity?

I used to love hockey as a kid, but during my teens I kind of stopped playing sports. I still stay active by doing a lot of walking instead of riding though - that's one advantage of living in the city.

What are your top three favorite movies?

I'm actually not as much into movies as I am into TV these days, but you can't go wrong with classics like Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Terminator, Blade Runner, James Bond, and so on. More recently I really like the Lord of the Rings films quite a bit too.

What's your favorite music or band?

Again, this is another "too many to count" thing. Generally speaking, I'm a pretty big metalhead, though contrary to popular belief I do enjoy other kinds of music too - jazz, funk, orchestral, ambient electronic and that sort of thing are all great too. Just don't play any pop or country around me, or I'm liable to start whining about it.

Favorite book?

i dun red teh boookz. Really, I haven't read much at all since university, sadly, and I don't have a book I could say is a favorite of mine.

Favorite actor/actresses?

Richard Dean Anderson, who gave us both MacGyver and O'Neill. Everyone else is irrelevant.

Top three favorite cartoons?

The Simpsons were basically my youth and teenage years, and I have what feels like entire seasons memorized. I've been watching a ton of King of the Hill lately, and I think that show is also probably the greatest thing ever. For third it's probably a toss-up between a dozen other shows.

What sorts of hobbies do you have?

Aside from gaming, I've been playing guitar for about 10-11 years now. I have a fairly sizable collection of guitars and amps, and I try to get an hour of practice in every day if I can. I also do music recording and mixing with my own songs, too.

The office _______. (joker, coffee addict, etc.)

The office "guy who likes to go on long boring rants about stuff nobody cares about all the time."

Any updates your willing to share, that you are most excited about?

Well, not much, because the boss would send assassins after me, but I will say that we have some cool stuff in the pipeline, including new games we're picking up that we will be rolling out in the next little while that have not quite been officially announced yet. Those of you who keep an eye on our YouTube channel might have seen some of these, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how people like them.

Shiono
November 8th, 2013, 10:26 AM
This is probably the most interesting thing I've read today lol and loved the idea!
Lets get to know the people behind the tittle :D
When will you do the interview Kkid? :)

Kkid
November 8th, 2013, 11:00 AM
This is probably the most interesting thing I've read today lol and loved the idea!
Lets get to know the people behind the tittle :D
When will you do the interview Kkid? :)

Yep! I think the schedule I made has me somewhere twords the end of November. Other interviews you will see are other MOD's from other game titles, and even [GM] Edricus who we've seen in a lot of our Facebook pictures doing some internal testing.

Edchina
November 8th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Man your Boring lol. i almost slept through the introduction dang! tell them to give you a better name! i feel sorry for you man, don cry behind the scene don worry it's ok.

SephyrelLH
November 8th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Man your Boring lol. i almost slept through the introduction dang! tell them to give you a better name! i feel sorry for you man, don cry behind the scene don worry it's ok.

i apologise for my language but why is edchina alsways such an A-hole, god damn it dude...

Tranzor
November 9th, 2013, 02:58 AM
He....he forgot to add "bouncing on yoga balls" as part of our GM work. I actually like those.

GM Tranzor

Edchina
November 9th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Lol Sephyrel, cause i am, got a problem? :P

Shiono
November 9th, 2013, 05:28 AM
He....he forgot to add "bouncing on yoga balls" as part of our GM work. I actually like those.

GM Tranzor
^and this how it REALLY works in there.... :-)
You guys are such a lazy butts! Just sitting in there bouncing on yoga balls while we're witing for the game... and you don't even invite us!!!! lol joke xp
Please don't kill me TwT

WhiteCakeKnight
November 9th, 2013, 06:43 AM
I wanna bounce on yoga balls :(

SephyrelLH
November 9th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Lol Sephyrel, cause i am, got a problem? :P

not a problem, just dont like it

Edchina
November 9th, 2013, 10:24 AM
not a problem, just dont like it

Thats not my problem then :P. i'm just saying what i thought about that interview. glad to see got some haters in here :P keeping it real.

Kkid
November 9th, 2013, 10:36 AM
I think we can all get along. Right?

KagutsuchiLH
November 9th, 2013, 12:26 PM
nice to meet you GM Involution! :)

The question where you were asked what suba game is your favorite, i think that answer will soon change when you try Lucent Heart :P

Edchina
November 9th, 2013, 02:20 PM

Ya you can get along with the players but not with me haha, i can get along with other players but neva! with the GMs

Faedt
November 9th, 2013, 03:33 PM
I liked the interview. Read it a couple times/.

Kkid
November 9th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Ya you can get along with the players but not with me haha, i can get along with other players but neva! with the GMs

Defiantly the right direction to be heading in... :ehh:

I liked the interview. Read it a couple times/.

Sweet! Good to hear.

Shiono
November 9th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Thats not my problem then :P. i'm just saying what i thought about that interview. glad to see got some haters in here :P keeping it real.
Edy he has a point, you should try to change a little bit dear. I like you whether you're a Troll or not, but why dont we all try to get along :3 xp Yes I know this is impossible for ya but can ya pretend you're a nice guy? XD

Ermmm yeah... but not with Ed xp You're gonna need a LOT of patience Kkid.

Shiono
November 9th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Defiantly the right direction to be heading in... :ehh:
Good luck Kkid..

SephyrelLH
November 9th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Edy he has a point, you should try to change a little bit dear. I like you whether you're a Troll or not, but why dont we all try to get along :3 xp Yes I know this is impossible for ya but can ya pretend you're a nice guy? XD

i doubt any words will help, snoop dog here is too high for that

Edchina
November 9th, 2013, 06:27 PM

PRETEND! **** no lol. i don Pretend what i think, i just spray it out there. like it not the GMs shall never earn my respect or my niceness, and as for other playas? naaah some i'll be nice to some i wont. just depends on first impression

HardoGei
November 9th, 2013, 07:35 PM
DID U JUST SAY METAL AND GUITAR FOR 11 YEARS??! http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/onion-head/hell-yes-onion-head-emoticon.gif
Hope u got some awesome shredding videos up on YouTubehttp://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/onion-head/happy-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Oh! and this made me spit out my food lol!

What's the strangest or most bizarre thing you've had to deal with?

Probably players insisting that using Cheat Engine isn't hacking because it's called "Cheat" Engine instead of "Hack" Engine.

glad to see got some haters in here keeping it real.

The irony :lol:

PRETEND! **** no lol. i don Pretend what i think, i just spray it out there. like it not the GMs shall never earn my respect or my niceness, and as for other playas? naaah some i'll be nice to some i wont. just depends on first impression

EARN ur respect? pfff that's cute http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/onion-head/hehe-onion-head-emoticon.gif I would just feed it to Satan so he can burn it down~

Just ban him~ It's not like it's his first time :troll: Besides, who needs snoop dog when we got metal http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/onion-head/good-job-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Edchina
November 9th, 2013, 08:00 PM
DID U JUST SAY METAL AND GUITAR FOR 11 YEARS??! http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/onion-head/hell-yes-onion-head-emoticon.gif
Hope u got some awesome shredding videos up on YouTubehttp://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/onion-head/happy-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Oh! and this made me spit out my food lol!

The irony :lol:

EARN ur respect? pfff http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/onion-head/relax1-onion-head-emoticon.gif I would just feed it to Satan so he can burn it down~

Just ban him~ It's not like it's his first time :troll: Besides, who needs snoop dog when we got metal http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/onion-head/good-job-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Lol, Satan already got my soul, lol. you can sell your soul too :P, i know it's not my first time thank you, but i need people like you to keep snitching on the GMs :) banning aint what i'm scared off. so Take a Chill pill little boy and buy a new tampon and have a good sip of tea and come back when your ready to sell your soul, and Who said about PLAYERS earning my respect? i was talking about the GMs, but little boy just keep quiet.

Btw Snoop dogg is da man, Rick Ross,French,Lil Wayne, Drake many more they make good music unlike metal where hooligans are just shouting about how Emotional they are, good lord please save me from these hooligans metal music

Kkid
November 9th, 2013, 08:05 PM

I don't get why you don't give people respect right off the bat? Doesn't everyone deserve respect until they do something to not earn it?

P.S. This went off topic awhile ago.

Faedt
November 9th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Doesn't everyone deserve respect?*

The way I see it is everyone has been shaped by those around them, and those people are shaped by yet more people, and so on. Effectively, everyone in the world is responsible for the actions of others and nobody is responsible for their own actions. So, everyone deserves respect even if they are a bad person. It's not their fault. It's yours.

PS: We're continuing off course.

HardoGei
November 9th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Lol, Satan already got my soul, lol. you can sell your soul too
Sell my soul to Satan? http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/onion-head/embarrassed3-onion-head-emoticon.gif How Adorable!~ I'm starting to like u old man <3 Only problem is, he sold his to me long time ago... : \

Btw Snoop dogg is da man, Rick Ross,French,Lil Wayne, Drake many more they make good music unlike metal where hooligans are just shouting about how Emotional they are, good lord please save me from these hooligans metal music

Hmm..Let's have a look at some of the lyrics shall we http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/onion-head/pretty-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Lil Wayne - Wetter
uhh
wide receiver weezy
throw da p***y at me
ya p***y lips smilin
i make da p***y happy
take your panties off
the p***y lookin at me
im the p***y monster
now get the p***y ready

Satsugai - Detroit Metal City
I am a terrorist of the hell
I r***d mother yesterday
I will dig Father tomorrow
I am a terrorist straight out of hell

I do not have Father,mother
Because I killed them
I do not have friend,lover
Because I killed them

PS: I dun hate rap music at all~ just a little dark humor on my part http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/onion-head/evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif. And this is indeed getting off-topic...XD

Shiono
November 11th, 2013, 02:25 PM

God damnit, I do like you Ed but you are just being rude and make our community look like crap :mad:
Like seriously, when you joined Suba you 'agreed' to follow their rules and one of them is to respect the GM's.
What's the point of playing an online game if you're not going to respect the people that care for it and run the game? -.-
You should be grateful to them because they took LH.. and you're saying you won't respect them? What's wrong with you?
They SAVED Lucent Heart, show them some respect.

I don't get why you don't give people respect right off the bat? Doesn't everyone deserve respect until they do something to not earn it?

P.S. This went off topic awhile ago.

Yeah Kkid, it sure did. Ima bring this back to topic now :)

That, or incidents of mysteriously disappearing and reappearing food on the office. I blame Tranzor.

Lmao, I read the interview a couple times but just I just noticed this xD
Oh Tranzor... I like you already xp

LeiiLH
November 11th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Hello everyone well.. I'm a new face here I guess! I have been way 2 shy to try post on the comments.. (I'm quite ._. for a guy but ohwell) So I decided to man up since this.. I must say this thing here Suba *taking my hat off* this is something I have literally.. Never seen happen during any game I have played.. I just played a pvp game after lucent heart closed.. They were rude there were no events.. No gms nothing, Then I heard LH Was coming back and omg.. I was stalking forums daily since then xD I'm quite the quiet type :P but well I must say keep it up this is a great thing.. I already start to love Suba<3 :D Thanks for everything, from your dear Leii! ;)

Edchina
November 12th, 2013, 04:28 AM
God damnit, I do like you Ed but you are just being rude and make our community look like crap :mad:
Like seriously, when you joined Suba you 'agreed' to follow their rules and one of them is to respect the GM's.
What's the point of playing an online game if you're not going to respect the people that care for it and run the game? -.-
You should be grateful to them because they took LH.. and you're saying you won't respect them? What's wrong with you?
They SAVED Lucent Heart, show them some respect.

Still No respect haha, lol i make the community look like crap. if you say so :P hahaha like i would care, and ya i like you too, but i'll keep to my self till the game comes out :) (don expect me to make any promises)

Shiono
November 12th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Seriously Ed, this is sort of a fresh new start for the game so can you not act like an as**hole again? Expecially for GMs.
I belive they'll be friendly GMs if we don't act like that and if we show we're a fun and friendly community.
It will also make their work and our playtime better.

PS: Sorry Kkid, I know I bypassed in there.

Edchina
November 12th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Seriously Ed, this is sort of a fresh new start for the game so can you not act like an as**hole again? Expecially for GMs.
I belive they'll be friendly GMs if we don't act like that and if we show we're a fun and friendly community.
It will also make their work and our playtime better.

PS: Sorry Kkid, I know I bypassed in there.

Lol. No Way i'ma change, i'ma be me and me! nothing more
if you dun like it, then not my problem :)
its how it is, i'm here to make their work better and harder but my profanity and regular bypass is hardly making their work any harder. and i'm not here to make playtime harder for those who don complain.

Kkid
November 12th, 2013, 05:16 PM
its how it is, i'm here to make their work better and harder but my profanity and regular bypass is hardly making their work any harder. and i'm not here to make playtime harder for those who don complain.

But profanity and regular bypass will get you warnings and infractions, that can eventually result in a ban. Secondly, people can complain and discuss anything they want as long as its within the Forum Rules.

FayZeWizard
November 12th, 2013, 06:40 PM

ya certainly changed indeed ed. guess old ed never comes back

PS when is the next GM introduction >:3

Kkid
November 12th, 2013, 07:33 PM
PS when is the next GM introduction >:3

I think the next one is a couple of our Moderators on the 16th. :)

Edchina
November 13th, 2013, 04:51 AM
well its not like i haven't been banned before. Nicca aint worried bout nothing lol.

And Faze Who are you lol. i don remember seeing a name like that :O, if you could joggle your memory then maybe :)

WhiteCakeKnight
November 13th, 2013, 06:24 AM

So three days for those who cant count. I CAN COUNT :COOL:

KagutsuchiLH
November 13th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Will there be a Community manager CM introduction?? :D id love to see you Kkid and Fevrid Be introduced :D

Kkid
November 13th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Will there be a Community manager CM introduction?? :D id love to see you Kkid and Fevrid Be introduced :D

Yep I'll have one twords the end if November. Unfortunately [CM]Fervid is still a part of the Suba Games Staff, he probably wont have one.

xxXBattousaiXxx
November 13th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Lol, Satan already got my soul, lol. you can sell your soul too :P, i know it's not my first time thank you, but i need people like you to keep snitching on the GMs :) banning aint what i'm scared off. so Take a Chill pill little boy and buy a new tampon and have a good sip of tea and come back when your ready to sell your soul, and Who said about PLAYERS earning my respect? i was talking about the GMs, but little boy just keep quiet.

http://i.imgur.com/ptgb4Ge.gif

> comes online to act like he's a real rapper.
> says Snoop Dog, Lil Wayne, and Drake make real music.
> says Snoop Dogg not Snoop Lion (while having a Snoop Lion profile picture)

dot wot?

Edchina
November 14th, 2013, 05:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ptgb4Ge.gif

> comes online to act like he's a real rapper.
> says Snoop Dog, Lil Wayne, and Drake make real music.
> says Snoop Dogg not Snoop Lion (while having a Snoop Lion profile picture)

dot wot?

I'm not a rapper neither do i act like a rapper where do you see that i have said anything about me spitting bars eh? i think you got your facts wrong man, and if you didn't know he's releasing his last album as Snoop Dogg he still refers to him self as snoop dogg if you listen some of his newer songs and yes lil wayne and Drake are good, its just probably you might be jealous of the fact that their albums sell so much and went platinum (drake's Newest Album Nothing was the same went platinum meaning he sold 1 mill copies and your thinking of saying they don make good music, lol shut ya mouth) and they are living high lives right? i'm a fan of their music i like most rap musics such as A$AP mob, MMG and YMCMB and many more, so ya, and i have a snoop lion picture because i think its funny in its own way. :) atleast i can say its not as hideous as you might look in real life lol.

Dot wot? pfft
Ni99a Wha now.

xxXBattousaiXxx
November 14th, 2013, 08:08 AM
I'm not a rapper neither do i act like a rapper where do you see that i have said anything about me spitting bars eh? i think you got your facts wrong man, and if you didn't know he's releasing his last album as Snoop Dogg he still refers to him self as snoop dogg if you listen some of his newer songs and yes lil wayne and Drake are good, its just probably you might be jealous of the fact that their albums sell so much and went platinum (drake's Newest Album Nothing was the same went platinum meaning he sold 1 mill copies and your thinking of saying they don make good music, lol shut ya mouth) and they are living high lives right? i'm a fan of their music i like most rap musics such as A$AP mob, MMG and YMCMB and many more, so ya, and i have a snoop lion picture because i think its funny in its own way. :) atleast i can say its not as hideous as you might look in real life lol.

Dot wot? pfft
Ni99a Wha now.

They are good because their albums sell? Is CoD good because it sells a lot? And oh God, A$AP? You mean the group where one of the guys intentionally ripped off of Aseop Rock's name for attention? And look at you, talking about looks on the internet. I see you like to talk about things you know nothing about.

Ni99a Wha now.
http://i.imgur.com/yhxpBTn.gif

You are literally the worst lol. I would tell you to go kill yourself, but considering how likely it is for you to do this within the next 1-2 years, I wouldn't like to get **** for it when you do.

Kkid
November 14th, 2013, 12:03 PM
How about that weather we're having?

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x401/MrKkid/ClosedThread.gif (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/MrKkid/media/ClosedThread.gif.html)

Locking this due to it going off-topic long ago, and it's really no going anywhere.