PDA

View Full Version : Meet The Team! Interview Series - [GM] Edricus!

Kkid
November 26th, 2013, 03:04 PM
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x401/MrKkid/c6b62eb5-2538-45fd-b71d-3834cc057043.jpg (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/MrKkid/media/c6b62eb5-2538-45fd-b71d-3834cc057043.jpg.html)

Hey Suba Gamers!

Throughout the next couple of months or so the Suba Games Team will be giving you a little insight into our public figures representing all of our titles! We'll be giving you a series of interviews form both Moderators, Community Managers and Game Masters. They'll be talking about their job here, their game, and a little bit about themselves.

And....without further a due here is our first interview done by...

[GM] Edricus!

1. Short description of duties

Check emails
Do tickets
Perform server maintenance on schedule days
Create events for the PT community
2. Typical day in the life as a GM
I am required to frequently check my emails for any updates from YeDang concerning patches right in the morning. I also look for emails from the boss for any other updates we have concerning office duties or even other games that we have here at Suba Games. After that I usually head to the tickets and try to knock down as many as I can before I move on to other things such as sneaking around the forums looking for threads to pop in on or working on Lucent Heart stuff for the upcoming launch. Lately it's been quite difficult to balance everything but I am doing my best.

3. Favorite Suba Game
Hmm... At this point, I would have to say Lucent Heart!

4. How long have you played games for? What's your favorite title?
Ahh, games. I love them so much. My first game was Mario Kart on the N64 at my cousin's house. I remember going there every weekend just to play Mario Kart 64. That's when I fell in love with Nintendo. Unfortunately growing up I wasn't that fortunate to own a game console so my first own game console was the Game Boy Advance. I was so in love with Pokemon at the time that I purchased Pokemon Red Version for my Game Boy Advance completely disregarding the graphical capability of the console at the time. I just wanted to play a game that I thought was fun. I must have beat Pokemon Red over 10 times! I would have to say my favorite title is a close battle between either Pokemon or Mario Kart.

5. When did you become a GM?
I became GM back in early August but was not formally introduced until late August I believe.

6.What is your favorite thing about the position?
Honestly, the environment and the people that I work with. When I first became a GM, I never thought that there would be such diversity in the work that I have to do. A lot of this work is great experience as I am currently in school studying to be a Game Programmer.

7. Strangest or most bizarre thing you have had to deal with?
When a player generates thousands upon thousands of Regen Hack logs and then tells me he/she wasn't regen hacking.

8. Favorite GM Command?
Being able to run at super speed while phasing through any wall or barrier! Sometimes I get bored and explore parts of the map that aren't accessible.

9. Favorite sport/activity
Oh boy... I'll try to keep it short.
I LOVE Soccer and Basketball. But I also like playing Ultimate Frisbee, Trampoline Dodgeball or going to the trampoline park to practice front flips. I recently got into Golf.

10. Top three favorite movies?
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
11. Favorite music?
Hip-hop/Rap

12. Favorite book?
Guild Wars -Edge of Destiny

13. Favorite actor/actresses?
I don't really have one. This is probably because I can NEVER remember celebrity names. But Robert Downey Jr is pretty cool in his movies! :D

14. Top three favorite cartoons?
This one is coming straight out of my childhood:

Pokemon
Digimon
Dragon Ball Z
15. Any hobbies?
Playing sports and vidya games!

16. The office "guy who also has to be thorough"

17. Any updates your willing to share, that you are most excited about?
I can't share too much but the Lucent Heart updates that are coming out! AWESOME! :D

18. Best memories here at Suba
Walking in to the interview in a full blown suit with a dress shirt, dress pants and dress shoes then showing up to work my first day in sweat pants and a hoodie. Best feeling ever.

19. Other fun facts....
I've always wanted to learn how to break dance. I can do VERY simple things that I picked up from friends such as freezes and 6-stepping. I'm afraid of heights and have a fear of asphyxiation when in swimming pools. I still can't swim because of it but I've been working on it over the past 2 years. I can dunk my head under water now and hold my breath without panicking.

HeroRasta
November 26th, 2013, 03:11 PM
ARRANGE SOD: Mad:

Shiono
November 26th, 2013, 04:56 PM
warning: long post detected.

2. Typical day in the life as a GM
working on Lucent Heart stuff for the upcoming launch. Lately it's been quite difficult to balance everything but I am doing my best.

And we're glad you are! Keep up with the good work! :)

3. Favorite Suba Game

Hell yeah :gusta:

8. Favorite GM Command?
Being able to run at super speed while phasing through any wall or barrier! Sometimes I get bored and explore parts of the map that aren't accessible.

I am so jealous right now.

10. Top three favorite movies?
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3

Too awesome to be true! :EEK:

13. Favorite actor/actresses?
I don't really have one. This is probably because I can NEVER remember celebrity names.

I can soooooo relate.

15. Any hobbies?
Playing sports and vidya games!

*high five* :COOL:

I can't share too much but the Lucent Heart updates that are coming out! AWESOME! :D

AWESOME INDEED! :awsum:

GieLH
November 27th, 2013, 07:00 AM
9. Favorite sport/activity
I LOVE Soccer and Basketball. But I also like playing Ultimate Frisbee, Trampoline Dodgeball or going to the trampoline park to practice front flips. I recently got into Golf.

I have yet to witness Trampoline Dodgeball but that sounds fun!! :X

19. Other fun facts....
I've always wanted to learn how to break dance. I can do VERY simple things that I picked up from friends such as freezes and 6-stepping. I'm afraid of heights and have a fear of asphyxiation when in swimming pools. I still can't swim because of it but I've been working on it over the past 2 years. I can dunk my head under water now and hold my breath without panicking.

Break dance, nice!! :) It truly is a different ballgame. I am a pop-jazz dancer and I cannot do true bboying. No spins, handstands, or anything for me. I give kudos to you for wanting to learn~!! I think you can do it if you really want to! I think that's just as awesome as working on your facing your fears ^^

3. Favorite Suba Game

Ohohoh~!! Yes, yes!! >:3

ValentoLord
November 27th, 2013, 07:24 AM
thought you a Priston Tale GM? all above info saying about LH. Priston Tale is already dead :D

MonsterMusume31
November 27th, 2013, 07:16 PM
19. Other fun facts....

I cant swim to bec of my aunt keep holding my head underwater I got scy of swimming pools

WhiteSkyMage
November 27th, 2013, 07:49 PM
3. Hmm... At this point, I would have to say Lucent Heart!

It will always be LH :) until somebody doesn't request a new game to Suba for reliance :) maybe even then.

Honestly, the environment and the people that I work with. When I first became a GM, I never thought that there would be such diversity in the work that I have to do. A lot of this work is great experience as I am currently in school studying to be a Game Programmer.

School? :EEK: Dont you mean university or some kind of course? It's hard to believe you still haven't finished school!

Say when are you going to visit Switzerland. I want to play soccer with you! Can we, or it's me who should be going to Toronto (find a good pitch for us if that's the case)?

11. Favorite music? Hip-hop/Rap
You should try some other genres - Epic Hybrid Rock will be great for gaming!

14. Top three favorite cartoons?
This one is coming straight out of my childhood:
Pokemon
Digimon
Dragon Ball Z

You should watch Inazuma Eleven & Go & Chrono Stone. You will love them, specially the story, careful it's veeeeery addictive! You might end up playing IEG Strikers (and turn your back on Fifa series, if you play/have played them)

You are awesome GM Edricus!

NemoZERO
November 27th, 2013, 08:26 PM
[CENTER][URL=http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/MrKkid/media/c6b62eb5-2538-45fd-b71d-3834cc057043.jpg.html]

3. Favorite Suba Game

I can't share too much but the Lucent Heart updates that are coming out! AWESOME!

I would say, "YOUR THE MAN!" XD

neonazgul
November 29th, 2013, 09:04 AM
"Sometimes I get bored and explore parts of the map that aren't accessible." Well you made it painfully clear now. Well guess our Gm officially gave up on priston tale, ty for the clarification on that. I understand now why we never got any of our questions on forum answers. Its because you become bored, start running through walls instead of answering question then its suddenly 5 pm and you go home :o

Empyreus
December 1st, 2013, 05:22 AM
My blood is on your hands, Kkid.
Edricus's life in Suba offices sounds pretty repetitive, other than the part where he creates events. Also, working on Lucent Heart must be great, because as far as I've seen, the community of LH is just great.