PDA

View Full Version : Anime/Manga Club

Nurrsama
December 9th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Being a big anime/manga junkie, I thought we could have our own little forum only club here on the Lucent Hearts forums and become friends. This club is not meant to be a guild in game.

Purpose of the club:
- Build friendships with people who share the same love you have for anime/manga
- Share with each other anime/manga related things such as AMV, pictures, etc.
- Talk about your favorite shipping or talk about how much you hate shipping
- Discuss airing anime, have episode discussions
- Watch anime together live and chat while doing so if interested
- Make each other laugh
- Constant anime chat on this thread.
- Break the ice

If anyone has a MAL anime list, you are welcome to post that as well. To join, simply start talking about anime or manga below!

KaitoKageya
December 9th, 2013, 04:28 PM
I love bubble wrap!

v - Talk about your favorite shipping or talk about how much you hate shipping
v - Break the ice

Nurrsama
December 9th, 2013, 04:53 PM
We could also talk about figures, fan art, cosplay, authors, etc.

KaitoKageya
December 9th, 2013, 05:37 PM
I hate this time of the week... all the good series have come out and another 4-5 day wait before next episodes... Curse you Monday!

Nurrsama
December 9th, 2013, 08:26 PM
aha I feel your pain, I have nothing to watch on Mondays. I'd have to disagree on waiting 4-5 days though, because HxH comes out Tuesdays now. I also read One Piece and Noblesse which both come out on Tuesday.

KaitoKageya
December 9th, 2013, 09:01 PM
HxH is something to look forward to, though it's basically just re-enjoying the animated version, and waiting for the good parts to show up. I always hated the smokey the bear fights too.

Noblesse is a good Monday series, though until today is was dragging on for a few weeks. Finally good parts again.

One Piece is looking good again as well, was putting off reading that for a few weeks because it was stagnating until last weeks.

Valvrave seems like it will be interesting this week as well, around Thursday, I'd have more to look forward to if Breaker hadn't gone on Break again.. Oh it's about time for Tokyo Ravens to come out again as well, though I feel that series would be better to put off until it's over then watch it all at once... >.>

At least I have Log Horizon each Saturday... that's about the only thing keeping me going right now... And The Gamer....

Nurrsama
December 9th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Noblesse was dragging a lot, I have no idea why they put in that Frankenstein arc there. It was everything we already knew about him plus a useless new thing about the boy who worked under him. Then again, it could be used in the plot in the future who knows.

The last manga chapter of one piece was just amazing, can't wait to see where Oda takes things.
I'm a fan of log horizon too! I had my doubts but its looking good for now.

Watching Kodocha at the moment, maybe you will like the ed. It's grown on me after a few episodes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7hvl1boRm8

Zain0x
December 9th, 2013, 10:06 PM
I hate this time of the week... all the good series have come out and another 4-5 day wait before next episodes... Curse you Monday!

I don't watch any more new releasing anime anymore for this reason. I wait till it's completely out now and marathon it while marathoning other anime in the meantime. :P

I don't have a MAL but I have an Anime-Planet account - Zainox | Anime-Planet (http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Zainox)

KaitoKageya
December 9th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Rather than dragging, the most boring parts of Noblesse are 1. X chapters of running/in transit to some location 2. Weak protagonist X spends X chapters fighting obviously losing battle until X appears, they are pretty cliche, and I don't usually mind that, even more so in the case of Noblesse, but some of the more recent ones have just been all around terrible execution.

The entire Caesar arc of OP was pretty worthless though, pretty much the entire thing was setup for all the following arcs, like every single aspect of it had relation to other plot elements, but it dragged out pointlessly long.

In one corner we have Monkey D. Luffy, 1. Rubber Man, 2. Conquerer's Haki 3. 999 episodes of battle experience, in the other corner we have a... Clown.... 1. Gas Man 2. 2nd rate scientist (not Dr. Vegapunk) 3. Bad makeup..... HOW DID THIS JUSTIFY 40 EPISODES?!

Log Horizon is really good, I was worried it would suffer from SAO syndrome when I first started watching but it's 100x better in pacing already. I can see all sorts of interesting developments. Magnus, the Novasphere bosses/enemies, Roe2.

Kodocha has been on my list for a long time, back in those years, there were an endless number of great anime still haven't finished watching them all... It doesn't sound half bad, though I'm not much of a music person, I really get into anime OP/EDs only after I've watched the series and relate them to it.

@Zain0x
I used to marathon as well, but the quality of anime has gone down so much lately, most series aren't even worth it. I usually just read the manga/LNs and the anime is basically a bonus that usually fails hard, occasionally there's a good series, or well done pacing, but since the standard has become 12 episodes pacing has become crap for most series.

Zain0x
December 10th, 2013, 10:46 AM
@Zain0x
I used to marathon as well, but the quality of anime has gone down so much lately, most series aren't even worth it. I usually just read the manga/LNs and the anime is basically a bonus that usually fails hard, occasionally there's a good series, or well done pacing, but since the standard has become 12 episodes pacing has become crap for most series.

I will agree, there aren't many animes that really finish me of with that 'good feeling' lately. But I don't exactly hate them, I will pretty much watch anything and like it assuming it isn't god forsakenly aweful. I purely like marathoning anime because I personally find it easier to make sense of everything then and there instead of watching it spaced out and trying to piece it all together at the end. It's also a great way to end an anime in a day and start another the next. :P

Nurrsama
December 11th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Noblesse is all about "Weak protagonist X spends X chapters fighting obviously losing battle until X appears". If you didn't like that to begin with, you chose the wrong thing to read XD. That's like the formula for every noblesse arc thats been done, it's what makes Noblesse, Noblesse.

Same thing with One Piece, I think after almost 600 episodes, you would get that. One Piece is super slow pacing, especially the anime. It's all about the adventure, not the over the top fighting, epic boss battles. Don't you remember skypia? How about fishman? That's not what makes One Piece popular. Its the characters, the friendship, the adventure, the style in which Oda tells his story. I personally liked Punk Hazard, it does a lot of story progression and like you said, paves the road for the next arc Dressrosa, which so far is pretty darn epic.

There are some good perks to watching airing anime. You have something to look forward to each week and you get to talk with others constructively on each episode. You also get time to spend your imagination thinking of what will happen next, anticipating the next episode, bringing out that fanboy inside you. It's like enjoying the ride instead of blazing through something. I tend to do both, sometimes I wait and sometimes I go weekly, it just comes down to preference.

@Zain0x
If you want a MAL account, you can export your anime-planet account information and import on MAL. Here is my MAL, http://myanimelist.net/profile/aeysoi

KaitoKageya
December 11th, 2013, 10:38 PM
This is why I don't consistently watch the OP anime, I put it off 10-20 episodes at a time, and just keep up with the manga.

I liked that about the early parts of Noblesse, but they keep increasing the amount of transition between and there's literally nothing interesting happening otherwise, at this rate we'll be calling him Monkey D. Raizel with how long it takes for him to get in on the action finally. Next elder will kidnap one of the kids and fly him out into outer space, and we'll follow Raizel on a 100 chapter adventure with Frankenstein to build a space shuttle in attempt to fight against Galatic Commander Elder and his elite 10 squad of space robots. :ehh:

Nurrsama
December 11th, 2013, 10:57 PM
hahaha

Got any interesting anime op/ed or ost you guys are attached to?

UsaraKun
December 11th, 2013, 11:55 PM
I'm not really 'attached' to any... or so I don't think I am, lol

I would probably 'feel' the opening of Clannad: After Story, Little Busters! Refrain, and a couple other ones.

Anyone here keeping up with Unbreakable-Machine Doll?

KaitoKageya
December 12th, 2013, 12:08 AM
@Nurr too many, I love Mondaijitachi OP/ED. Valvrave has had some great sounds going as well, Arata Kangataris original OP, Blood Lads OP/ED, Shinsekai Yori. Zetsuen no Tempest..... Don't feel like listing like 500 of them... Kaminomi had some great songs as well, putting aside Kanons songs.

Machine Dolls songs are addicting, especially that spinning ending. I read the manga for it, and the anime as well, it just feels too aimless, like it doesn't really know where it's going with its own story, despite that major flaw, it's still not half bad.

UsaraKun
December 12th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Actually I could add Chuunibyou onto the list, both OP and ED are really good.

Watamote OP was just ridiculous, in a good way.

Machine Dolls songs are addicting, especially that spinning ending. I read the manga for it, and the anime as well, it just feels too aimless, like it doesn't really know where it's going with its own story, despite that major flaw, it's still not half bad.

Maware maware maware maware~
But I will admit the story doesn't seem to be going anywhere other than him just fixing problems. What happened to the real plot?

KaitoKageya
December 12th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Actually I could add Chuunibyou onto the list, both OP and ED are really good.

Watamote OP was just ridiculous, in a good way.

Maware maware maware maware~
But I will admit the story doesn't seem to be going anywhere other than him just fixing problems. What happened to the real plot?

Damn you now it's stuck in my head again...

I don't remember, he's on about revenge, and he's in an academy for revenge with his revenge target, and his sister is apparently made into dolls, and his revenge target is his brother? And for some reason this makes sense because the obviously more skilled one just isn't killing him?

Is the purpose of all the side arcs adding to his harem to strengthen him I guess? It's got interesting story and background, but what it lead up to was like... a love comedy school scenario... does not compute...

It's like taking independence day the movie and putting all the characters(including the aliens) into a love-comedy scenario that takes place at a school. (I think I've read an actual manga that went something like though...) Baka-Updates Manga - Alien Manga: The Uninvited Guest (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=95857) (Sadly this actually makes more sense even still....)

UsaraKun
December 12th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Damn you now it's stuck in my head again...

I don't remember, he's on about revenge, and he's in an academy for revenge with his revenge target, and his sister is apparently made into dolls, and his revenge target is his brother? And for some reason this makes sense because the obviously more skilled one just isn't killing him?

Is the purpose of all the side arcs adding to his harem to strengthen him I guess? It's got interesting story and background, but what it lead up to was like... a love comedy school scenario... does not compute...

It's like taking independence day the movie and putting all the characters(including the aliens) into a love-comedy scenario that takes place at a school. (I think I've read an actual manga that went something like though...) Baka-Updates Manga - Alien Manga: The Uninvited Guest (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=95857) (Sadly this actually makes more sense even still....)

Huehuehue, all according to my plan.

Although the story did go off course, it still is entertaining.

Even if it is strengthening, it isn't doing that much of it. Like I said before, it's more of him running around taking care of problems instead of taking care of the reason why he's there in the first place. And the person he's avenging is his brother?! I must check this out once more.

What episode was it revealed?

I kinda wish there was a spoiler feature, this is just revealing everything, sorry guys!

Anjayurisukidesu
December 12th, 2013, 12:56 AM
I watched around almost 100 anime over 7 years spanning from oldschool anime like Noir or Lain up to the current Season. So i rather talk about the shows that are worth mentioning this season in my opinion, whether good or bad:

Log Horizon: Really dig it so far, i love that its a 26ep anime. Or was it 24? Anyway, you can see its from the Writer of Maoyu so i kind of expected more economics than action. And i love it. Loli Ninja? YES!

Non Non Biyori: My favourite for this season. A wonderful healing anime. Ren-chon 2kawaii4me. Wonderful Opening by Nano.RIPE that gets me to tears. Nice backgrounds, and especially YURI!!

Kyoukai no Kanata: Some say its one of the weakest Kyoani shows, but that was only because of the "plotholes" that people complained about it. If you dropped it because of that, you should pick it up again. These "plotholes" are significant for the story. I really like it so far since i did not expect such a Plot twist. Good writing here.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel: One might be backing off from this one since its CG. I did the same, but looking at the Amazon pre-order Blu-rays, it does fairly well together with Non Non Biyori for the Fall Season. Downloading it atm again and going to marathon today up to episode 10.

Kill la KIll: Sure, it got overhyped. If you know your stuff about anime, there was no way out of not being hyped too. And getting your hopes up only gets you dissapointed. Well its a 24/26ep anime from the TTGL people. Trigger is a fairly new studio and you see that some animations arent that great and they rather put the money in the fighting scenes. I like it however its a fresh new wind, the humor clicks with me. Had some good laughs. But...well its still overhyped. Same as it was with SnK.

Coppelion: Dissapointment of the season for me. Had such high hopes for it. Dat PV. Dat 3 girls MC. But it got worse and worse with each episode. Good story, nice setting but poorly executed. I would recomment sticking to the manga. Since the anime also got censored quite abit since it does not air at Midnight.

Aikatsu 2: Watched the first one and this one also. I love it. Its more aimed at kids, but i like Idol stuff as far as it concerns anime. Like Idolm@sters or Love Live!. Worth watching if you like yuri. Theres some nice pairings. Not in the anime but you get the subtle hints if you look out for them. Or rather if you want it, youll find them.

Strike the Blood: Did not watched it. PV was ugly. Story isnt really clicking with me. I dont have those 3 episode rules. If a PV is well-made, and the Studio/director is good, the anime also is good. Both of these were not the case in this one.

Infinite Stratos: heh...really? the most shallow characters, boring actions scenes and plotholes. I dont get it why Nippon likes it so much. Saw S1 and did not like it. Emotional scenes were not emotional at all. Badly executed. Poorly written. Did not like it.

Outbreak Company: Watched around 5 or 6 episodes so far but did not more, since i also watch other not currently airing stuff. But i like it so far. A anime from otakus for otakus. Funny, well animated. If you want Comedy, and get the references youll get your laughs for this season.

Yuusha ni Narenakatta: Bad. Imagine Maou-sama but with no Emi or Maou. And ALOT of pointless fanservice. Im a fan of fanservice but if its pointless my fetishes doesnt ring.

Golden Time: Did not watch it. For me, its uninteresting. Seems like other people dropped it after some episodes too. Atleast there are not much seeders for it on nyaa.

Magi S2: Watched S1 and dropped it at the end of it. The animations got worse by each last episode. I rather stick with the manga since its way more entertaining. But there are people that like the anime. Why not...

Yozakura Quartett: Im abit confused since i did not watch the first adaption of it. And theres also some OVAs. And this one seems to be an alternative/retelling of the manga? Something like that. Watched the first episode and actually liked it alot. And if you like yuri, theres a yuri pairing in it. And they also show it that they are together.

Kyousougiga: Another dissapointment. Watched 2 episodes. Had such high hopes but it just didnt click with me. Maybe if was the the storytelling that seemed to be forced to be "creative" and FLCL like. Didnt really got it...

Valvrave: Did not watched the first season and this not neither. People thought it would be the next Code Geass but it turned out to be a story full of plotholes. Just reading the discussions made me realize that this one isnt worth the time. But others claim it to be entertaining. Pfft...

The last one that is worth mentioning is Monogatari: I love everything about it. Its smart, witty and emotional. Watch around 19-20 and youll get where im coming from. I actually cried alot. The last Arc is the most entertaining for me so far if youre a Senjougahara and Nadeko fan.

Pheew...i guess i had to write this down. I dont really get to write down my opinions on anime and i dont have anyone to talk about it. If you read all this, congratulations. Heres 3 internets.

UsaraKun
December 12th, 2013, 01:10 AM
Log Horizon: Really dig it so far, i love that its a 26ep anime. Or was it 24? Anyway, you can see its from the Writer of Maoyu so i kind of expected more economics than action. And i love it. Loli Ninja? YES!

I will admit, I love this series. Every scene is interesting and contains information about what they can and can't do in Elder Tale. Loli ninja for the win, but I do feel that she is out of place sometimes. I would love some more character development.

Kill la KIll: Sure, it got overhyped. If you know your stuff about anime, there was no way out of not being hyped too. And getting your hopes up only gets you dissapointed. Well its a 24/26ep anime from the TTGL people. Trigger is a fairly new studio and you see that some animations arent that great and they rather put the money in the fighting scenes. I like it however its a fresh new wind, the humor clicks with me. Had some good laughs. But...well its still overhyped. Same as it was with SnK.

It's been a while since I've seen a decent action anime. The humor is very entertaining and sometimes it can get a bit overboard, but in the end it's all for laughs so I think it's fine.

Strike the Blood: Did not watched it. PV was ugly. Story isnt really clicking with me. I dont have those 3 episode rules. If a PV is well-made, and the Studio/director is good, the anime also is good. Both of these were not the case in this one.

I started watching this series, but I really want to drop it. The artstyle isn't all that fancy and is a bit hard on the eyes (for me at least). They do some special effects during the fighting scenes where colors are a bit out of place... kinda hard to explain but it's new and looks like a nice add-on. Sadly the story suffers alot.

I feel like I need to watch more anime. Watching like 10 series and I think I need more :3

KaitoKageya
December 12th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Huehuehue, all according to my plan.

Although the story did go off course, it still is entertaining.

Even if it is strengthening, it isn't doing that much of it. Like I said before, it's more of him running around taking care of problems instead of taking care of the reason why he's there in the first place. And the person he's avenging is his brother?! I must check this out once more.

What episode was it revealed?

I kinda wish there was a spoiler feature, this is just revealing everything, sorry guys!I'm just going off rough memory there, so don't quote me on that one. That's also why I didn't bother not to spoil it, may or may not be correct.

@Anja

Log Horizon definitely my favorite for this season as well, nicely washing away the bitter SAO aftertaste. (At least well probably get a SAO Progressive remake in 2-5 years or so)

Strike the Blood held up for about 3 episodes, though it's fallen into the usual patterns, even so it's not terrible. About average for anime these days.

Magi S2 is better than S1 IMO, I still stick by the manga, but so far S2 has kept closer to the manga than S1 felt like it did, unfortunately it will probably go a similar route to how Kingdom S2 is, and deviate slightly to fit an episode limit of 24-26.

Valvrave, I am a major fan of Geass despite many of the bad reviews for that one, it had an amazing amount of depth behind its cliches, and starting Valvrave my first thought was "Geass Clone", about the only thing that kept me going through S1 of it was the great sound track. In S2 it feels like it's finally getting somewhere though, and has some value. It's still nowhere near Geass, but I'd rate S2 better than most of the animes I've seen this season. (Don't bother watching it though until the entire series is done, give it a try through S1 or just watch episode 1 then start at like episode 10-12 and you'll probably be fine, 2-9 was basically X person has unlocked Valvrave mode, then at the end of S1 the plot finally starts, the last episode was rage cliff hangar, MUST KILL EVERYONE!)

Anjayurisukidesu
December 12th, 2013, 01:28 AM
I will admit, I love this series. Every scene is interesting and contains information about what they can and can't do in Elder Tale. Loli ninja for the win, but I do feel that she is out of place sometimes. I would love some more character development.

Yeah, i think that the character developement will come with the time since its a 26ep anime. For now, they took 10 episodes to introduce the main cast and will take another 2 episodes for the other 2 "noobs" for the Horizon Guild. And these episodes till now also included a nice introduction for the Elder Tale world. Sure, more will follow if it stays true to the LN what i expect it to be, since the adaption till now did everything good.

It's been a while since I've seen a decent action anime. The humor is very entertaining and sometimes it can get a bit overboard, but in the end it's all for laughs so I think it's fine.

Yep, but i would like some more drama and emotions for the later parts. And i guess since some TTGL people are on it, it will also happen :3 I hope teehee

I started watching this series, but I really want to drop it. The artstyle isn't all that fancy and is a bit hard on the eyes (for me at least). They do some special effects during the fighting scenes where colors are a bit out of place... kinda hard to explain but it's new and looks like a nice add-on. Sadly the story suffers alot.
Maybe the manga is better? Same with Coppelion...maybe i should check it out...

I feel like I need to watch more anime. Watching like 10 series and I think I need more :3

I can feel you there xD Well if you dont watch Non Non Biyori yet, you should give it a go~ Couldnt recomment it more. I got the feeling that you like Action anime, so if you like gunfights, a good story that will blow your mind starting season 2, you should watch Jormungand if you havnt yet. Also you should get yourself the Blu-rays, since theres a very good grain-effect in the whole show that makes it look like real high budget. Its about a child soldier that travels with an Arms dealer and her crew. Child soldiers name is Jonah and the Arms dealer is called Koko~ God i love Koko x3

@Anja

Log Horizon definitely my favorite for this season as well, nicely washing away the bitter SAO aftertaste. (At least well probably get a SAO Progressive remake in 2-5 years or so)

Yeah, i actually liked the first 12 episodes of SAO, even if the MC was a typical Gary Stu. But the writer also made the story in high Highschool/College years. He was pretty young, and as far as i heard, the LN gets really better with the GunGale Arc.

Strike the Blood held up for about 3 episodes, though it's fallen into the usual patterns, even so it's not terrible. About average for anime these days.

Yeah...i did not expect much of it teehee

Magi S2 is better than S1 IMO, I still stick by the manga, but so far S2 has kept closer to the manga than S1 felt like it did, unfortunately it will probably go a similar route to how Kingdom S2 is, and deviate slightly to fit an episode limit of 24-26.

Hmm...you should check out the Amazon pre orders. If it gets a third season it would be worth picking up if you say its closer to the manga. Since the manga is really good.

Valvrave, I am a major fan of Geass despite many of the bad reviews for that one, it had an amazing amount of depth behind its cliches, and starting Valvrave my first thought was "Geass Clone", about the only thing that kept me going through S1 of it was the great sound track. In S2 it feels like it's finally getting somewhere though, and has some value. It's still nowhere near Geass, but I'd rate S2 better than most of the animes I've seen this season. (Don't bother watching it though until the entire series is done, give it a try through S1 or just watch episode 1 then start at like episode 10-12 and you'll probably be fine, 2-9 was basically X person has unlocked Valvrave mode, then at the end of S1 the plot finally starts, the last episode was rage cliff hangar, MUST KILL EVERYONE!)

Hmm, maybe ill really give Valvrave a shot, but i already got spoiled for season 1 but that does not matter much i guess lol Ill wait for the Blu-rays and going to watch it if i got nothing else xD

KaitoKageya
December 12th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Jormungand was good, only the ending was unsatisfying, like Black Lagoon, S5-10 nao plz?

Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers) is a good series overall if you aren't watching it, might not hit the spot with everyone, long term slice of life esque about astronauts, it's nice and laid back kind of good.

Silver Spoon is another more recent good one, expecting S2 soon, it's been following the manga pretty well and everything checks out pretty good.

I want more Shingeki no Kyojin as well, in SAO we spend 0.7 seconds on important scenes, in SnK we spend 24 minutes on irrelevant scenes but even so they are amazingly well animated, drama inducing, thrill raising, irrelevant scenes. Manga is still better for SnK but doesn't change the fact that I want to see it animated in full. *TFS* Attack on Titan Abridged Episode -1- - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr2PyNriPWI&feature=share&list=UU1-owQLWVKOIRzr8iXfYVqw)

Anjayurisukidesu
December 12th, 2013, 02:18 AM
Well i actually think that the Jormungang ending was actually pretty good. Relationshipwise everything was clear, and how the world would be after the "recent changes" was actually quite clear too. I liked Jormungand better than Black Lagoon~ The story hit the spot for me since it was pretty clever, and if you think about it, something like that could actually happen. I wish i could talk more openly about it but i dont want to spoil anything xD

But yeah, ive heard of Uchuu Kyoudai, but really was not my cup of tea. I only like slice of life if its with a all girls cast. Moe moe Kyun <3

And Silver Spoon was really underrated. It did not sell well, i rather doubt it that there will be a season 2, even tho its from the FMA mangaka...aaaand yeah...SnK...kinda the gateway anime for these days. I liked the animations, the opening was pretty boss and i had goosebumps at the "JÄÄÄGER" part where Eren slices the neck of a titan...pheeew that sure was epic. But yeah, it got drawn out like every other shounen...It was a 13 episode anime, and the manga is more seinen, so they should have executed it as a seinen too. Too much potential gone...i still dig the manga, even if it starts continuing the trend of talking 2 chapters nonsense and nothing gets cleared up. one cliffhanger chases the other...

Zain0x
December 12th, 2013, 04:49 AM
@Zain0x
If you want a MAL account, you can export your anime-planet account information and import on MAL. Here is my MAL, http://myanimelist.net/profile/aeysoi

Is there like a button or something I press that transfers them over? Because I can't be stuffed moving everything I've watched over to a MAL account... =_=

KaitoKageya
December 12th, 2013, 05:37 AM
I tried to make a MAL once, then I gave up... Between hard drive failures and other stuff over the years I've gone through 3-5+ TB in anime and manga, I'd think I'd finally covered them all then I remember another 50 and it just keeps going and going.

UsaraKun
December 12th, 2013, 07:08 PM
I tried to make a MAL once, then I gave up... Between hard drive failures and other stuff over the years I've gone through 3-5+ TB in anime and manga, I'd think I'd finally covered them all then I remember another 50 and it just keeps going and going.

Now that just makes things hard. Why didn't you do it in the past?

KaitoKageya
December 12th, 2013, 07:24 PM
No lists existed when my collection was already massive, I tried to use a list first on Anidb back in 04 or so, but it was just tedious. Then on MAL listing all the episodes, completion states, etc.. I got partially through and didn't care for how it worked so I just abandoned it. (I think Detective Conan was part of the issue, you get to that and then you just give up)

I remember making fancy, massive lists in notepad way back when I cared enough to waste the time, XD.

Nurrsama
December 12th, 2013, 10:47 PM
I've never used anime-planet so you should google how to export form anime-planet. MAL has a import

Having an online list in general is very useful, it is easy to recommend anime/manga and share with friends, keep track, you dont have to worry about losing. MAL is not just for having a list, it has a lot of the information you need on each anime, which is a big bonus when you are recommending, reviewing, looking for something to watch etc. It's never too late to get one but its none of my business if you are too lazy to make one.

And Silver Spoon was really underrated. It did not sell well, i rather doubt it that there will be a season 2, even tho its from the FMA mangaka...aaaand yeah...SnK...kinda the gateway anime for these days. I liked the animations, the opening was pretty boss and i had goosebumps at the "JÄÄÄGER" part where Eren slices the neck of a titan...pheeew that sure was epic. But yeah, it got drawn out like every other shounen...It was a 13 episode anime, and the manga is more seinen, so they should have executed it as a seinen too. Too much potential gone...i still dig the manga, even if it starts continuing the trend of talking 2 chapters nonsense and nothing gets cleared up. one cliffhanger chases the other...
Silver spoon isn't underrated at all, its got huge sales and got great reviews. In fact, its even getting a live action movie in 2014. It's already having a second season come winter season (the show from the beginning was meant to be 2 cour, split) so I am not sure what you are talking about there Anjayurisukidesu. I personally enjoy the show a lot and look forward to the second season this upcoming winter season.

I'm not a big fan of the space battles but Uchuu Kyoudai and Legend of Galactic Heroes are both classics, very well known works. They are both smart (very strategic) and have great characters if that is what you are looking for.

UsaraKun
December 12th, 2013, 10:48 PM
How do you guys keep track of you anime?

Besides notepad... lol

Nurrsama
December 12th, 2013, 10:48 PM
How do you guys keep track of you anime?

Besides notepad... lol
myanimelist.net

Renzuken
December 28th, 2013, 11:23 AM
I don't watch a lot of anime recently but I still read quite a bit manga.

Personally, I'm willing to give anything a try up to a few episodes.
I like all types of any genre, I prefer to judge specifically on that series than on it's genre. I've read quite a few manga that I thought I would hate and ended up liking them.

If anyone is interested in read the light novels many of these anime came from, baka-tsuki.org has a good selection that's been translated.
They have Mahou Koukou no Rettousei, Log Horizon, SAO, and several others.

RiniLe
January 22nd, 2014, 01:28 PM
I always get so sad when people ask me "what's your favorite anime or manga?"....I like too many I can't choose! Q_Q
But, like most girls, I'm a yaoi fangirl~ (you know someone was gonna say it lololol xD) I also like yuri c: but my favorite genres are shounen, horror, thriller, and comedy. I mostly like ones with fighting and weapons *-*/
Even though I don't watch the mainstream ones anymore, I do like their ost. Bleach's ost is so...amazing *-* Fairy Tail too but my all time favorites are NANA ost and Angel Beats ost.
LOL I don't even keep track of the anime I watch. I remember most anyway xD

GaoWei
January 22nd, 2014, 05:23 PM
I don't watch anime anymore. I think now most of the shows are retarded and unoriginal. I stopped when Naruto defeated Pain by talking to him. And then Pain decided to revive everyone in the Leaf Village. After I dropped Naruto, nothing else seemed to be worth it or held my attention for very long. SAO sucked. I did watch Attack of the Titans though. Altough i didn't watch all. I do keep up with amatsuki, 1/2 Prince, Beezlebub and The breaker mangas once in a while.