PDA

View Full Version : The matching system should take age into consideration.

SagaTheMeow
December 15th, 2013, 09:58 AM
I think i can speak for everyone when i say that it would be wonderful if Cupid would take the player's age into consideration when matching up said players for the Soul Mate system.

Lucent Heart is home to all kinds of players, with their ages ranging from 12 to 50, and everyone wants to have fun and make use of the matchmaking system, even if just to share a few laughs and adventures.

Now, i understand that while cute, the Soul Mate system should not be taken all that to heart, and that it is simply a sweet tool to perhaps make a new friend and share a few adventures and playing hours with, but even then, i think most of us would rather spend that time with someone close to our own age than with someone 10 years below/above, especially taking into consideration that soulmates may end up spending a lot of time together, leveling and making use of all the features the system offers.

So i believe that we would all benefit from Cupid giving priority to people close to our own age when matching us up.

I understand that Suba Games is just the publisher and can probably do not such change by themselves, but they could mention it to the developer and perhaps have it introduced in a future patch.

AnAngelsSweetKiss
December 15th, 2013, 11:14 AM
I like the idea =o but I kinda don't see it happening seeing that this is a pretty old game in a way and it's ran fine with the system they've been useing so far so it'll just seem like a bit of a waste of time to add something that seemed to not have bugged people up till now.

Oh top of that like you just said there are player's that are a bit high/low in age. You'd think most people is general in a mmo would be maybe 16-like 20's but the are those few players that might be like yonger or ever older 30's,40's or 50's but they would be few to none making it really hard to find a match for them if the throw in age as a huge facter in matching. =x

Yes, I myself agree that I would rather be paired with someone around my own age if I didn't have my Bf already because I for one know that sometimes that random someone could actually take you heart for reals seeing that I did meet my Bf in a MMO <3 ^///^but in most cases in game "lovers" are just more of a fun buddy to game with rather the your true love.So getting paired off with someone a bit yonger or older then me doesn't seem to big of a deal as long as they're fun to be around.Seeing that alot of us aren't taking the SM system all that seriously anyways it's not that horrible to making some friends outside our own age growps.In fact it helps build personal character to learn to get along with people of different ages and you yourself can always just say no thank you if the person makes you feel uncomfortable do to an age differences aways.^^

TheOtakuChef
December 15th, 2013, 11:33 AM
I too would like to see an age option included.
Really it would not be that hard, we have the option to select time zones, so why not our matches ages?
Have an option where we put in our own age, then in matches we put in a min and or a max, or if you don't care leave it on that.

As a player of 26 years of age, I honestly do not want to be matched to some kid in their teens. (No offense meant) Yes it is just a game, but I personally would feel, well, creepy. I know the older players feel the same way about even getting matched with us in our Twenties.
So a chance to play with some one in our own age bracket would be amazing. After all, we are limiting ourselves in the matches one way or another here anyway. We get a match find out the person is too young and must decline out our own sense of morality, and politeness, so just having the matches coming in already being prefiltered would help us all.

The idea has further merits to it,
1: It help control online safety for minors and for the adults in contact with them.
2: It will speed up match making in the over all picture.
3: It will create a happier community.
4: It will show this game has real social promise.

Oxycore
December 15th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Where are you going to get "age" from?

A good portion of the horoscopes people use aren't even their real birth dates.

TheOtakuChef
December 15th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Plug it in the same way we plug in the other search modifiers.
We plug in our time zone in the cupid match system and then we have the option to select a specific time zone we want our matches to be, or not if we so choose.
It would not be hard to add in one more line for us to plug in our age and another line in the match criteria that allows us to select a min and max age.
Yes people can and will lie, but those people are going to lie no matter what when it comes to match and ages.
All this does is help those who are Honest and will be Honest anyway have another search option.

Oxycore
December 15th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Cupid is terrible at his job.

If you start specifying attributes, you'll most likely end up with no match at all.

TheOtakuChef
December 15th, 2013, 05:11 PM

If you start specifying attributes, you'll most likely end up with no match at all.

So whats the difference? No match at all, or a match you don't want. Either way it ends up the same. Why not know potential matches are more what you're looking for

NotSausage
December 15th, 2013, 09:55 PM
While this idea is viable one, just why would online predator input their real age when they're aware of the age in match up. In fact this might backfire on protecting the minor since the system help the predator to filter out unsuitable prey.

Lastly... dirty old pedophile need love too!

LaineyLH
December 15th, 2013, 10:18 PM
It sounds like a good idea but people will lie anyways...They might put in that they're 16 but in reality they're 50 years old.
Plus, this game is...5...6...maybe 7 years old now? And the Cupid system is the biggest aspect so it would be really hard to put it in.
If you want to be matched with someone specific just rig the answers...I rig it all the time and I always get matched to the specific person I want so I don't understand how others are failing at it...

SpectreGeminiSaga
December 15th, 2013, 11:14 PM

thats not right (well at least from our expiriences, because we always specified atributes and wlways were paired together successfully). In my opinion, age really doesnt matter, also I have friends of almost all age groups... Maybe if people wanna someone with certain age, it would be better to find someone in game and then go to cupid together

SpectreGeminiSaga
December 15th, 2013, 11:14 PM
It sounds like a good idea but people will lie anyways...They might put in that they're 16 but in reality they're 50 years old.
Plus, this game is...5...6...maybe 7 years old now? And the Cupid system is the biggest aspect so it would be really hard to put it in.
If you want to be matched with someone specific just rig the answers...I rig it all the time and I always get matched to the specific person I want so I don't understand how others are failing at it...
yeah, same here

KonekoLynn
December 17th, 2013, 07:34 AM
The problem with this suggestion is one people will just go around it mostly the younger people, 2 some people like to joking set there age to the oldest age in the list of years.

xibwiz
December 17th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Well i dont think is a good idea really, and not bcos im older, but i have seen many younger that acts very mature and many older ones that acts like annoying kids. So real age is not an important factor where u looking to have a good gaming time. Also, if you are older, you must behave and act politely and treat everyone good, so adult topics & bad mouth must be used only for very well known friends, so that keeps you not bothering people. And by last why should mix real info with game stuff, remember is a role playing game, so dont take things seriously and as allways try not to give real info to people unless you know them very very well.

SagaTheMeow
December 17th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Well i dont think is a good idea really, and not bcos im older, but i have seen many younger that acts very mature and many older ones that acts like annoying kids. So real age is not an important factor where u looking to have a good gaming time. Also, if you are older, you must behave and act politely and treat everyone good, so adult topics & bad mouth must be used only for very well known friends, so that keeps you not bothering people. And by last why should mix real info with game stuff, remember is a role playing game, so dont take things seriously and as allways try not to give real info to people unless you know them very very well.

You do not think it is a good idea to give people more options and tools to have fun in-game with?
Are you for real or are you just trolling?

Between the "i mob train people for fun to see them struggle" and this comment, you disgust me.

Oxycore
December 17th, 2013, 11:53 AM
You do not think it is a good idea to give people more options and tools to have fun in-game with?
Are you for real or are you just trolling?

Between the "i mob train people for fun to see them struggle" and this comment, you disgust me.

No need to start using terms like "disgust" on this part of the forums.

You put a suggestion here and have a valid opinion on it, but so other people do too.

xibwiz
December 17th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Just i don't think is good just add the age, as its no use for the game. Level wich is game related is already there. As i said, my position is that shouldn't mix reality with the game, If you looking for a real life matching there are lots of other ways to do that.

Im not against the idea of give more tools and options for fun if those are meanfull.

answering "Are you for real or are you just trolling?" i could say a bit of both things, just depending the case. Also im really glad to heard that you are disgusted with comments, you make me laugh a lot with that. So don't take me too much seriously as i dont do with you ;) Thanks again for reading it :)

Btw... i just readed that your location is spain, im glad to see more speaking spanish players around :)

Bakanox
December 17th, 2013, 03:03 PM
There is a simple solution where the staff can create a sub-forum for searching of specific mates or the community in GD creating the topic "FIND YOUR SOUL MATE HERE" :3 That can be use as a alternative to searching for your soulmate no? :D

SagaTheMeow
December 17th, 2013, 03:07 PM
No need to start using terms like "disgust" on this part of the forums.

You put a suggestion here and have a valid opinion on it, but so other people do too.

I use the word disgust because that is exactly what i feel for this kind of player.
It is my opinion after all, see how it works?

There is a simple solution where the staff can create a sub-forum for searching of specific mates or the community in GD creating the topic "FIND YOUR SOUL MATE HERE" :3 That can be use as a alternative to searching for your soulmate no? :D

The problem with this kind of suggestions is that usually, only a very small amount of players actually make use of the forums, so while it is better than having nothing, it still does not solve the problem, nor is something that ends up being useful in the long term

stuff

Do me a favor and do not talk to me again.
I have no time to waste with the likes of you.

Oxycore
December 17th, 2013, 03:09 PM

https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=60157

BizKwik
December 17th, 2013, 03:11 PM
There's a lot of approach to this game, one for me, see the matching as no more than extra buffs and benefits. So yea, I SM people I party and grind with.
Btw, cupid can be bribed to get close to 100% match with the people you want :)

Bakanox
December 17th, 2013, 03:18 PM
@SagaTheMeow Hmm, its because people aren't really having the incentive to make use of the forum as of right now is what I'm thinking

@Oxycore Yeah pretty much that but with a topic that caters towards the whole idea behind this topic

SpectreGeminiSaga
December 18th, 2013, 12:13 AM
I also think there is no need to add age, in my opinion even if people take soulmate system more seriously. Only thing they see is their partners in game character and how they acting in game (from chatting). So if they have same or similar hobbies, get along well etc, why they should have problem with just age difference? That would be little discriminating. If someone wants only people with certain age, there is no problem to tell that in game(or here on forums) find someone before visiting cupid and then go to cupid together and rig answers.

SagaTheMeow
December 18th, 2013, 04:50 AM
I also think there is no need to add age, in my opinion even if people take soulmate system more seriously. Only thing they see is their partners in game character and how they acting in game (from chatting). So if they have same or similar hobbies, get along well etc, why they should have problem with just age difference? That would be little discriminating. If someone wants only people with certain age, there is no problem to tell that in game(or here on forums) find someone before visiting cupid and then go to cupid together and rig answers.

You make no sense whatsoever.

In one hand you claim that an OPTION that allows people to meet people in their own age range is "discriminating" and then you go and encourage us to basically weed out people by age manually and rig the system to obtain the same result?

Can you explain to me how is choosing an ingame "same age" option any different than rejecting any offered SM of a different age?
Can you explain to me how is different to be offered someone my age by cupid or take that person and rig Cupid together for it?

With the current system, every time i get a SM that happens to be way younger, it wastes both MY time and HER time, because i have to reject her and we are both left without a potential SM, and having to queue AGAIN for the 998345 time.

Giving more OPTIONS only makes the process more accurate, resulting in a smaller amount of "Wasted chances" and wasted time.

If you do not mind getting SM´s of all ages that is PERFECTLY FINE, no-one is asking for them to ENFORCE that as a rule, but to simply give that option to those that choose to use it.

Just because you do not PERSONALLY want to use something, it does not mean you should be AGAINST it.

Oxycore
December 18th, 2013, 04:58 AM

In one hand you claim that an OPTION that allows people to meet people in their own age range is "discriminating" and then you go and encourage us to basically weed out people by age manually and rig the system to obtain the same result?

*Faceplam*

And again, what is with the "if i dont use it no-one should be able to" attitude you two have?

The age option would be that, an OPTION just like all the other OPTIONS in the SM selecting process, so why are you PERSONALLY bothered by other players having more choices, so much as to downright oppose it?

Not sure why you're so vehement.

It's not like winning an argument on the internet gets you any brownie points.

SagaTheMeow
December 18th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Not sure why you're so vehement.

It's not like winning an argument on the internet gets you any brownie points.
Not sure why would you care about the things i care to discuss on the internet.
Not to count such a reply can be applied to almost every single reply in every single discussion EVER, so what, do we shut down the forums?

I find your intervention to be at the very best pointless.

Superstarstrike
December 18th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Perhaps people would rather rig the system instead of using a Cupid's Key ('cause why not be lazy right), and giving ages gives a better chance of doing so. So other than for those people who use it fairly and would like something slightly more personal, this wouldn't change much.

SpectreGeminiSaga
December 18th, 2013, 11:40 PM

Can you explain to me how is choosing an ingame "same age" option any different than rejecting any offered SM of a different age?
Can you explain to me how is different to be offered someone my age by cupid or take that person and rig Cupid together for it?

With the current system, every time i get a SM that happens to be way younger, it wastes both MY time and HER time, because i have to reject her and we are both left without a potential SM, and having to queue AGAIN for the 998345 time.

Giving more OPTIONS only makes the process more accurate, resulting in a smaller amount of "Wasted chances" and wasted time.

If you do not mind getting SM´s of all ages that is PERFECTLY FINE, no-one is asking for them to ENFORCE that as a rule, but to simply give that option to those that choose to use it.

Just because you do not PERSONALLY want to use something, it does not mean you should be AGAINST it.

no need to be so offense just because I have different opinion:-/
I just said why to put age option there when there an be mature people acting like kits and younger people acting mature. Also why you have to reject sm just because different age...
well, if you wanna rig cupid you do it with specific person who you kknow more than random match, same age or not.
Sorry if my post was wrong for you but its discuss and not all have to agree with suggestion....

Endrance22
December 19th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Well I for sure would like the idea of age match up cuz well im 28 and way to young SM is not an idea I like at all. But even if it will never be done it´s still a good idea but I can be happy cuz it in a good way I don´t even need to use the cupid system at all witch is even 100 time more grate for me I would be sad if they forced that on you. I like the game don´t get me wrong but I hate the idea of Soul mates or lover or what every you wanna call it I hate anything love related but I can still enjoy all the other great features the game offer like the zodiac thing.

KonekoLynn
December 20th, 2013, 02:25 PM

Look little boy, I have been reading your posts on this at first I was willing to put in my opinion but you managed to VEX me.
When someone opposes your opinion you don't just try and argue it no you go straight to the offence, you REALLY vexed me when you someone disgusts you I saw nothing wrong with there post, saying someone disgusts you when they are making a valid opinion just makes everyone wanna just disregard you opinion and not even wanna consider what you say.

But what vexes me most with what you said is when you said you reject your SMs based on age not even giving them a second thought. To me that makes you less then a human that makes you trash. Most of us play this game for fun and use cupid to make friends and to find people to level up with we care nothing for the age of the people who we have as a SM. In the Old LH I had a SM that was 32 years older then me, 32! Why should the age of your SM matter? I am a lesbian and I have had traps find me on cupid, I didn't just delete them because they where really male no I talked to them and usually became friends with them and kept them as a SM, the age and such of your SM potentials should not matter in the slightest, like really do you pick your friends based on age?! When you say that you reject them based on age. You lost every chance of your opinion of mattering to some of us.

To us it seems you are making this subject all about what you PERSONALLY want and disregard what most of us think and feel like attacking everyone who opposes your desires.

Go crawl in a hole and try having your opinion heard when you grow up a little.

Wadanohara
December 20th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Honestly I think the best solution to this is to add an option of whether you're looking for friendship or a relationship, and if it is the latter you can choose an age group.

TheOtakuChef
December 20th, 2013, 06:07 PM
I personally don't see the issue of some people looking for a certain age group, what is the harm of putting in an option to look for min to max age bracket. Just like any of the other options in Cupid you can select no preference.
Some people yes look for friends in their age bracket. I personally feel more comfortable talking with people closer in age to me. Do I reject friends instantly because they are younger? No, several if not most my guild mates are younger, that doesn't mean anything.
BUT for Cupid in a match system which is based around a romance concept, doesn't matter if you take it that way or not, it is how it is set up to be.
The SM system is based around romance as a whole for the characters, the emotes for example, the name itself implies a romance. Soul Mate.
SO I for one as a 26 year old male do not feel comfortable having a SM under the age of 18. There are many others I have talked to wo agree with me on this. So where is the harm in it for us to find someone WE feel comfortable with?
Some of you bash the idea because you don't care how old your match is, and even go so far as to claim how dare we feel that way. Well who are you to tell us that we are wrong here? We do not feel comfortable with it, so we take the steps to feel comfortable.
I personally place my age in the self description in Cupid and even say I am looking for someone over 18.
It would be much easier if there was an option so I know who ever I got matched with there are or at least claim to be in the age bracket I am searching for.

KonekoLynn
December 29th, 2013, 10:40 AM
I personally don't see the issue of some people looking for a certain age group, what is the harm of putting in an option to look for min to max age bracket. Just like any of the other options in Cupid you can select no preference.
Some people yes look for friends in their age bracket. I personally feel more comfortable talking with people closer in age to me. Do I reject friends instantly because they are younger? No, several if not most my guild mates are younger, that doesn't mean anything.
BUT for Cupid in a match system which is based around a romance concept, doesn't matter if you take it that way or not, it is how it is set up to be.
The SM system is based around romance as a whole for the characters, the emotes for example, the name itself implies a romance. Soul Mate.
SO I for one as a 26 year old male do not feel comfortable having a SM under the age of 18. There are many others I have talked to wo agree with me on this. So where is the harm in it for us to find someone WE feel comfortable with?
Some of you bash the idea because you don't care how old your match is, and even go so far as to claim how dare we feel that way. Well who are you to tell us that we are wrong here? We do not feel comfortable with it, so we take the steps to feel comfortable.
I personally place my age in the self description in Cupid and even say I am looking for someone over 18.
It would be much easier if there was an option so I know who ever I got matched with there are or at least claim to be in the age bracket I am searching for.

Really there is many you have talked to who agree with you? So far I have only seen a few, so please go ahead and list the the many people who agree with you.
90% people I have known in old and new LH used cupid to find and make friends to level with not romance. If you wanna be picky then continue struggling the way you have been with cupid, don't dump your problems on the devs making them do more work just because you are picky.

ShieruOkumura
December 30th, 2013, 04:12 AM
This is a very good idea!

Manifick
December 31st, 2013, 06:34 AM
This is not a dating website / game. So asking to add a "age" option to cupid sounds kind... yea, lets say weird.

Shiono
December 31st, 2013, 06:40 AM
This is not a dating website / game. So asking to add a "age" option to cupid sounds kind... yea, lets say weird.
Dayum~ I was about to say something like that!
Also keep in mind people can always lie about their age.

Manifick
December 31st, 2013, 06:54 AM
Dayum~ I was about to say something like that!
Also keep in mind people can always lie about their age.
like i almost always do. Yes.

Oxycore
December 31st, 2013, 07:57 AM

Pretty sure Lucent Heart bills itself as a Dating MMO.

Zerolera
December 31st, 2013, 08:23 AM

I've seen it branded as "social mmo"... (on mmohut for example).

But no matter, I dont see the point in adding age either, its just a number... as someone said, there are very mature kids and very childish adults, so yeah... Though I wont mind if they add that bracket, dont really care :P

Manifick
December 31st, 2013, 11:19 AM
you are 100% right. And i will still ask you. So?

Yuunachi
December 31st, 2013, 11:49 AM
I've been reading this thread and was quite amazed at some of the responses; there is no need to take things personally. I'd love to discuss the topic itself, though, without the arguments. It's good to have different opinions because that creates diversity, yes? ^-^

On that note, I have two conflicting views on the proposed feature.

The first thing I want to point out is that an age system would help narrow down results, making it a better match for two people who want to have a soulmate. I'm looking at this from a non-romantic perspective, so finding someone to quest with and chat with that is around the player's own age would be more desirable than someone who is much older or younger than them. Since this game is focused more on the social aspects and interaction of the players versus the battle system adding another filter to help players find people that they can relate to and interct safely with would be a plus. It would also help eliminate some of the confusion between couples with large age range if players decide to look at the cupid system romantically and want to have an intimate relationship with another player.

On the other hand, every system is flawed, and this one is not excluded - the system would be based off the player's inputed age, not their actual age. For example, a 35-year-old could register their character age as a 15-year-old, and no one would be the wiser. There are many predators playing on social MMO's like these, in which I personally have come in contact with before. This would also give those predators another way to find the perfect candidate for preying on.

What it comes down to is that, like any other relationship, you would have to find get to know the person and confirm that they are who they say they are. Talking to them/webcamming with them and chatting with them on an MMO are two different things. You just have to be careful about who you associate with.

RoseMelody
December 31st, 2013, 02:16 PM
Interesting. The age option would actually be super easy to add because it was taken out in the first place. JP LH has it and beanfun LH originally had it but the community wanted it removed. How tables turn. :ROLLEYES:

YumeLH
December 31st, 2013, 04:28 PM
I don't understand the heated arguments on the previous replies.
I think adding it back would be harmless if it did provide the option for you to select 'no preference'.
I for one understand why a person would want a soulmate that's in the same age bracket. I would feel more comfortable talking to someone who has experienced the similar to what i have, like high school, college or work. Otherwise, it would be hard to find topics we'd both be interested in. Other examples would be music; each decade has it's own hits.
Sure you could get a match and 'talk' with him/her, take the test and get a feel if you want to keep this SM or not but the original poster didn't want to 'waste' time. We all know how long finding a soulmate from cupid matches could be, it's not a perfect system.